Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Let's just hope if/when Willow inevitably falls down the Q staircase Nina isn't even in Port Charles, or she'll get blamed.

I'm sure she'll be fine. The Reeves women have wombs of steel.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I have always thought the actresses who play Willow and Sasha are weak actresses. Although, I thought Sofia Mattson did a good job during the death of Liam. That said, she makes a horrible drug addict. Between her acting and horrible writing I’m so done with her. Katelyn MacMullen as Willow has always been too boring of a character for me and also not the best actress. Obviously, FV likes them since they are still on the show. I think since they basically came on at the same time it was just more noticeable. 

I think Sofia isn't super great, but I agree that she did a good job. 

I thought Willow was fine until she entered the Corinthos clan and got the life sucked out of her.

I think the actresses came at the same time because of the who is Nina's daughter storyline that has dragged for like 3 years or more now.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina will get blamed anyway: Willow will say she was thinking of how evil Nina is, and that caused her to fall.

Nina pushed her by osmosis 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina pushed her by osmosis 

Telekinesis! She will be in Nixon Falls and the bad aura from NF will cause her to send out negative vibes into the Universe and shove Willow so that Wylie doesn't have to share his precious mommy's undivided attention.  Ok, I know that is all nonsense but it is ridiculous for us to have to go through a Millow pregnancy story. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought Willow was fine until she entered the Corinthos clan and got the life sucked out of her.

I think the actresses came at the same time because of the who is Nina's daughter storyline that has dragged for like 3 years or more now.

I say it’s half that and half that the show won’t cut bait on Michael as the male lead despite the fact that CD isn’t charismatic and his pairings are terrible and usually cause everyone to hate or be annoyed by the female half of it. Michael is related to practically every woman in his age range so they had to bring on someone new for him. I definitely feel like the younger canvas would look a lot different if he wasn’t the center of it, as sad as that is. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Michael could have been interesting if the show were willing to have him make mistakes and pay for them. But the show insists that the Corinthii are always right and must always win. It's a colossal bore.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael could have been interesting

...if the sum total of his acting wasn't this expression.  For every occasion.  Happy, sad, angry.

General-Hospital-Comings-And-Goings-Mich

• Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i really don't get why they dropped him. 

There was speculation he wasn’t “woobie” enough to play a rape victim for that rape storyline.

Drew was perfect as the anger voy who wanted to work in da bidnez. And he is the better actor. He showed nuance. 

I’ve mentioned before how good he was when he appeared on Criminal Minds.”

• Love 7

I’ve been behind a few days in watching the show and didn’t want to read posts before I did. Catching up, all I can say is boy, do you guys ever love talking about Michael/Willow. 😜

I skip all their scenes but even watching without sound, I thought it very weird that Willow looked so scared of telling Michael she was pregnant. Considering the fact she hasn’t cheated on him at all, I thought it was quite a weird thing. “Michael is her cult” rings quite true.

Enough of the dishrags, I LOVED Liesl’s scenes with Nina and Victor. So many great one liners! “If you took it any slower, you’d be standing still” 🤣

And, yes, kudos to all the ladies looking great!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Olivia: I am ALL about family
Also Olivia: I had no idea how much Ned was going to screw you Over CARLY, or I would have told you!  just shut up

Carly shut the hell up Ned didn't double cross anyone you stupid cow but of course  this is where her tiny pea brain leapt to. Ned didn't bend over and take it from Michael, thus Ned betrayed him. 

Honestly, i am so bored and tired of Sasha. she sucks as a model, she sucks as a drug addict, she just sucks. someone buy her out. 

LOL Spencer hahah. Spencer and Cam are such great cousin and Will  Nick playoff each other so well. only thing better are the Brothers Awesome that are Chase and Finn. 

I have to say - I don't like anyone handling my phone and I don't have anything incriminating my phone. that's not really proof of anything. 

Sonny not wanting to help Chase because it will make Chase look like a dirty cop was so logical and selfless. Man i like this Sonny and it makes me feel so dirty. It really emphasises that 60% of the issues i ever had of him were because of Carly. (40% is because Sonny just sucks, but that's very few and far between now)

and we end with another shut up Olivia. Sonny doesn't owe Carly her hotel back. Carly wouldn't have lost it if she hadn't been freaking stupid.

I'd be mad but it's too hot. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, i am so bored and tired of Sasha. she sucks as a model, she sucks as a drug addict, she just sucks. someone buy her out. 

Same. She and her drugs can go anytime. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Same. She and her drugs can go anytime. 

like what is her glitch. 

if you don't want to be the "face of deception." open your damned mouth and say you don't want to be it. why are you having panic attacks about doing your job (not slighting panic attacks, i've had them they are scary but WHY is she having them?) it's just like anytime she gets a tiiny bit scared, she pops a pill but i never can tell when she's either High, or Coming down off one, or whatever. and it's a new day so she's not getting high because of Willow's news. and it's Lucy and Maxie so its not like they'll be mad if you say 'i need some me time right now." they'd just have Lucy do it (which i'll have to be that person - I don't get why Lucy can't be the face of deception. she looks FANTASTIC)

• Love 6

Shouldn't the Metro Court contract have some sort of clause as to what happens when one partner wants to sell their half? If Drew and Michael were actually scrambling to save Aurora, instead of using the time to screw Sonny, maybe Carly would be right in rejecting Ned's help. As it is, she's just creating the petard that is going to hoist her.

"You punched someone else after you got suspended for it the first time????"  Papa Chase, you are my hero.

"my reaction proves it. I follow my heart."  Many of us follow our hearts Chase but we don't turn off our heads when we do.

Brook Lynn: "I didn't think about that."  Who knew Sonny could think so critically?

Brook Lynn would be a more rootable character if people (Chase, Ned, Michael) would let her experience the consequences of her own actions. Even Austin has forgiven her for trying to get him fired and lose his license (albeitat the urging of Maxie).

I think the best parts were Esme bursting in on Nik and Ava like she was going to reveal that they had had sex, and Maura doing such a good job of showing that Ava doesn't really want to get divorced.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I have to say - I don't like anyone handling my phone and I don't have anything incriminating my phone. that's not really proof of anything.

And "Esme knows that Rory is on to her. " Maybe not such a good idea, Trina. Esme will be even more careful now that she knows.  This arc is so stupid.

If Spencer and Chase are going to steal glasses for a DNA test, shouldn't they have a knapsack to hide them in?

That said, I liked Joss' outfit.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And "Esme knows that Rory is on to her. " Maybe not such a good idea, Trina. Esme will be even more careful now that she knows.  This arc is so stupid.

it's insanely stupid. and boring. I don't care.and like who is actually pressing charges against Trina? I know from L+O that some crimes they have to arrest them and what not but i mean. if the VICTIMS don't think that TRINA did it why are they bothering to do it, even if there is evidence pointing to her?  the case is weak. 

• Applause 3

What the eff is up with this show and the schedule??  Mine didn’t record today.  Grrr.

25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Me too.  It’s literally 90% pics of my kid and 10% google searches about random questions she asks me but I’m oddly protective over it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Olivia is the worst kind of traitor. Ned shouldn't have done what he did. Ned should have sided with Michael and Drew. Hey, Liv! Those two started it! How about them not alienating him first? They didn't include him in the talks then told him he had no media experience to be CEO, like Michael had any experience when Sam asked him to take over at Aurora. 

Ned doesn't have to be the bigger person. 

I don't think that Olivia loves Ned the way she should love him. I think she loves the idea of him, the stability that exists with him and that he is Leo's dad. But I think that's it. She's rarely supportive of him and she tends to mouth off about him to other people which isn't cool. 

He's your family when you're happy that he's falling in line, otherwise, you have no use for him. Take a seat, Liv, and the hell up forever. 

She's more loyal to Carly than she is to Ned, that's for sure.

Apparently, Chase has to get told that he feels more for BL than friendship. It's always nice when the writers regress the character for the sake of whatever it is they're doing with Chase these days. 

Sasha and drugs. This storyline sucks. But not because Sasha is spiraling and back on drugs. It sucks because she is clearly unravelling and has been since her kid died, but Lucy and Maxie aren't even picking up on it. This crap isn't what she needs. 

And who needs a bunch of cue cards to learn about products when it's just the lineup of said products that changed, not the products themselves. This setup was so effin' abysmal. And that photog is so annoying. 

Ava always looks gorgeous and Sam's dress yesterday was really nice. Keep lying to your wife, Nikolas. I'll look forward to her tearing you a new one. I wish they had divorced so that Ava received half of everything Nikolas owns.

Did Rory really put Esme on notice? The excitement over him "putting her notice" was so incredibly dumb. Someone, please save me from this.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Olivia has no issues with Carly making a unilateral decision involving the MC without consulting her or even giving her a heads up but blasted Ned for doing the same with ELQ, which she has no involvement or personal stake in. I wish Ned would divorce her already. I don’t know how this couple had no drama for 4 years and then jumped to being completely toxic at every turn but they did.

Also, are we still supposed to be believe that Carly is this strong, independent woman when she’s always having others jump in to save her from her boneheaded decisions and plans? Jason did it for decades and now you have Olivia and Drew (and possibly Sonny) picking up the slack in his absence. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 5

Oh, god, is Esmé developing actual feelings for Nik? She was rather moony at the beginning, remember teh sex. I can't.

Another cute swimsuit on Trina today.

I'm always kind of impressed with the way Carly can blame everyone else when her stupid ideas don't work.

I hope Spencer pays for all the food he's eating. I hated how he just worked his way around the kitchen. Ugh. That sort of entitlement drives me nuts. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And who needs a bunch of cue cards to learn about products when it's just the lineup of said products that changed, not the products themselves. This setup was so effin' abysmal.

Not to mention, there's a teleprompter. Any cues she needs will be there before her.

• Love 1

So Olivia is upset that Ned doesn't confide in her but happily admits that if he had she would have betrayed him to tell Carly... I need an age appropriate women to become interested in Ned..

I know it won't happen but thinking about how close Ned and Brenda were I want Brenda to buy Carly's shares and make Carly's and Olivia's heads explode 

I also want a rainbow unicorn

• Like 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure she'll be fine. The Reeves women have wombs of steel.

I think Sofia isn't super great, but I agree that she did a good job. 

Good point of the arrivals of Sasha & Willow. Nell was wrapping up and they some new young woman. I agree that once Willow got sucked into the Corinthos vortex & she became very, very meek. At least, when it was just her & Chase she was more tolerable. 

That said, my dvr didn’t tape todays show because it thought it was a rerun. Ugh! Now, I have to watch it on the ABC app & you can’t forward through the commercials.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That said, my dvr didn’t tape todays show because it thought it was a rerun. Ugh! Now, I have to watch it on the ABC app & you can’t forward through the commercials.

Unless you use the show to fall asleep, you didn't miss much.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

...if the sum total of his acting wasn't this expression.  For every occasion.  Happy, sad, angry.

General-Hospital-Comings-And-Goings-Mich

To be fair, he does have at least one other expression -- the one where he's more slack-jawed.

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina will get blamed anyway: Willow will say she was thinking of how evil Nina is, and that caused her to fall.

Nina's mere existence means she can be blamed for everything.

A medical examination will determine that Willow inherited Nina's bad knees, causing the fall. Carly will prove to be a match for a knee transplant for Willow, becoming the hero and prompting everyone to forgive her for keeping Willow's maternity a secret. Nina will be so grateful that her daughter was saved that she'll gift Carly the money needed to get the Metro back. Everyone celebrates on Jason and Robin Carly's bridge, where Nina tragically falls through the railing to her death. At the funeral, Carly gives Willow a hug and tells her, "Don't worry, I'll be all the mother you'll ever need."

• Applause 3
7 minutes ago, Steph J said:

A medical examination will determine that Willow inherited Nina's bad knees, causing the fall. Carly will prove to be a match for a knee transplant for Willow, becoming the hero and prompting everyone to forgive her for keeping Willow's maternity a secret. Nina will be so grateful that her daughter was saved that she'll gift Carly the money needed to get the Metro back. Everyone celebrates on Jason and Robin Carly's bridge, where Nina tragically falls through the railing to her death. At the funeral, Carly gives Willow a hug and tells her, "Don't worry, I'll be all the mother you'll ever need."

Wiley will run thru the service screaming "Nina who, Nina who?" and Michael and Willow will sigh a great sigh of relief and immediately take him to Disney World.

• LOL 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There was speculation he wasn’t “woobie” enough to play a rape victim for that rape storyline.

Drew was perfect as the anger voy who wanted to work in da bidnez. And he is the better actor. He showed nuance. 

I’ve mentioned before how good he was when he appeared on Criminal Minds.”

Yes!! I LOVED Drew Garrett! He was a great actor - something I cannot say about Chad! DG's Michael was the only Michael I actually loved and enjoyed watching on screen. 

I did hear DG was too small for the rape story, which was a joke anyway. Chad did nothing w/that material and the character got a hooker girlfriend to get over it. I honestly don't remember much of a fallout from that story. The only scene that comes to mind is him telling Sonny, and that's b/c of MB, not CD.

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4

Why on earth would anyone (even a dim-witted board of directors) think that giving a girl who hasn't even completed one psychology course access to a psychotic serial killer for any reason, let alone the stupid reason Esme is giving? Would they not care about liability, for heaven's sake? They have no idea that there's a prior relationship between Esme and Ryan - and if they did, that would be even more reason to deny her access. Also, wouldn't they take the word of their very responsible doctor (director?) over a volunteer intern, or even Nik Cassidine? What qualifications would Nik have anyway? This storyline is irritating. 

• Like 8
17 hours ago, paisley said:

Like other posters have mentioned I've experienced non recorded episodes recently. Today I checked for next week's shows and only the July 4th episode is scheduled to be recorded , no other GH episodes. I don't know if my DVR is trying to protect me or what but I suggest you guys check your devices to see what's going on.

July 4 is a repeat. I changed my DVR back to just record new episodes and it’s picking up next week’s new episodes

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

This.  So much this.  I don't understand when people say, 'give me your phone, I'll put my number in it'.  Uhm, just tell me your number and I'll type it into my own phone.

Also, Daisy, Happy Canada Day!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

What qualifications would Nik have anyway?

Access to a lot of dough.

I was never a huge fan of Drew Garrett as an actor, but the writing for his Michael was a lot more realistic than the milquetoast dolt we have now. "The best of us" was Aaron Renfrew's Morgan.

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

This.  So much this.  I don't understand when people say, 'give me your phone, I'll put my number in it'.  Uhm, just tell me your number and I'll type it into my own phone.

I have opposable thumbs. I can type in a number, thanks.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, Daisy, Happy Canada Day!!

happy canada day y'all :) 

this much closer to winter, i hate summer LOL

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I have opposable thumbs. I can type in a number, thanks.

LOL right? so for Trina and everyone using this like "hmhmm. he told her!" regards this phone thing is stupid. '

also also. i get it. Trina hates Esme, Esme is ruining Trina's life, and all of that jazz, but the girl needs to check her inner Carly. if Rory is chatting up, being friendly to Esme. (i ean even if it's just being polite, that is okay). don't be all. neck roll "what are you doing?" because the person you like is talking to the person that you don't. it's what earns you some shut ups. (but I'll allow it right now because Trina is stressed and facing the stupidness that is everything right now)

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I’m starting to get really tired of the scenes between Nic and Esme continuing to be reshown. I was disgusted then and I'm disgusted now. Please stop show

• Applause 6
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I’m starting to get really tired of the scenes between Nic and Esme continuing to be reshown. I was disgusted then and I'm disgusted now. Please stop show

It's as bad as Dante and Valerie.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Can CM please stop Drewing and go back to making Hallmark Christmas movies?

I'm watching "At Home In Mitford" and here I am , smiling and being happy and watching the entire movie.

I miss Billy Miller, I like CM in Christmas movies, he's horrible on GH, his storylines are nothing and I can't with this Drew around Carly and Michael and the worst of the cast. It's boring and stupid with no sense of time.

And the fact that I somehow find myself on Team Sonny makes me feel icky and I want to post the exploding head emoji I don't seem to have on my kindle so I'll just say how weird it feels to root for Sonny. He can stay with Nina, get back with Brenda even, long as it makes Carly's head explode forever .

• Applause 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't understand when people say, 'give me your phone, I'll put my number in it'.  Uhm, just tell me your number and I'll type it into my own phone.

Seriously.  I mean, I know the bar is pretty low on the intelligence of the PCPD, and Rory is just a rookie, but his "gotcha" is super lame and not a "gotcha" at all.

My notes from today are mostly all shallow:

- Ava's hair is so great.  Slightly longer than usual, but fantastic.

- Trina looked cute.  Hated Joss's cover-up. 

- I liked Brooklyn's blouse.  Very '70's-esque.  Also, Sonny making sense--we're in the Upside Down.

- Papa Chase is a silver fox.

- Olivia is awful.  She'd betray her husband for Carly?  What an idiot!  And her "Sonny owes you" is like...in what world?  Also, the shit-talking those two did about Ned was ridiculous.  Carly wouldn't give a fuck who Ned ~betrayed if it benefited her, so the whole "family" stance is bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

- Olivia is awful.  She'd betray her husband for Carly?  What an idiot!  And her "Sonny owes you" is like...in what world?  Also, the shit-talking those two did about Ned was ridiculous.  Carly wouldn't give a fuck who Ned ~betrayed if it benefited her, so the whole "family" stance is bullshit.

that bothered me so much. and i mean like. someone needs to clap her with the truth hard. once again had she just shut up and listened and not think that she knew best she wouldn't have been in this situation. michael told her no (that should have been proof positive that this wasn't a good idea) more than once. Drew told her no more than once and she did it anyway. 

And then to start braying that Ned betrayed the family like. Michael who no longe works at ELQ, and Drew who never worked at ELQ is telling the world that their company is the thing to save ELQ, where Ned who actually works at ELQ is telling you no. it' not.  And everyone is getting mad at the man who actually works at ELQ for doing the right thing. 

Ned deserve so much better

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Spencer and Cam are such great cousin and Will  Nick playoff each other so well. only

I totally wish I would have nominated them for tge best platonic couple or whatever that category was, but I thiught of it too late.

• Like 1

Is Sasha going to revert to pills every time someone gets pregnant? I get that it’s devastating to lose a baby. And I don’t expect her to be over it anytime soon. I’d worry more about her if she did. But this ‘OMG Willow is pregnant and I lost my baby! I can’t take it, I must go find my drug dealer’ is beyond the pale. Then he hands her a baggie of pills that she doesn’t recognize, tells her they’re prescription and ‘totally safe’ and she just takes them? I foresee an epic meltdown on QVC or whatever the hell they’re calling the channel that Morgan a Fairchild’s show is going to be on. 

So Olivia, who railed at Ned for not confiding in her, tells Carly that if she’d known what he was going to do, she would TOTALLy have betrayed his trust to make sure Carly knew. Well okay then. Nice to see where your loyalty lies, and it isn’t with your husband! And to add to the stupidity, she clearly thinks Sonny owes Carly and should immediately give her the money to buy back the hotel. I so hope the VC group that bought it from her already sold it. And that they sold it to Valentin. I’d wish for Nina but Sonny would just convince her to give it back to Carly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 12:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Maybe for the pregnancy to be viable, Nina will have to donate bone marrow or something. I really can't bear this secret going on for much longer. Let's hit Carly while she's reeling from her financial loss.

Neither did Julian, Leo's bio dad. Just say people argue but it doesn't mean they don't love each other. Family really doesn't have anything to do with it.

LOL that Willow calls herself a good mom. She sets no boundaries and indulges that stupid kid all the time. 

I really like that Liesl turned down Scott's proposal because it was meant as an apology. She does deserve more, and I like that she knows it.

Again, SHUT UP, Olivia. You want Ned to confide in you? Stop haranguing him about his choices.

It helps that the wardrobe choices match the season, heh.

I was terrified I was pregnant when I was a week late. (Spoiler: I wasn't pregnant, thank goodness.) And I had a really irregular cycle. Yet I was able to keep track of things such as they were, and that was in the days before tracking apps. I used a paper calendar!

I really hate how feeble they're making Willow. 

Michael DOES need another bullet to the head. He needs a baby like he needs to be head of ELQ.

Michael’s career should involve asking his customers if “They want fries with that.”.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, ouinason said:

Carly as the new manager of Kelly's, but only because of nepotism.  LOL.

No, Cam is the manager, right?  She can work for him as the news busgirl.

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I say it’s half that and half that the show won’t cut bait on Michael as the male lead despite the fact that CD isn’t charismatic and his pairings are terrible and usually cause everyone to hate or be annoyed by the female half of it. Michael is related to practically every woman in his age range so they had to bring on someone new for him. I definitely feel like the younger canvas would look a lot different if he wasn’t the center of it, as sad as that is. 

Are there really throngs of female viewers that get the vapors when CD comes on screen?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
On 6/27/2022 at 8:33 PM, mostlylurking said:

Insider trading is so strange to me. Ok, so if I somehow come across information that can affect my stocks or whatever, am I not supposed to act on it and just let my stocks tank??  Like I can see if you actively go looking for secret info, but if it just falls into your lap it’s not like you can just unhear it. If anything, the person who gave the tip should get in trouble, not the person who acted on said tip. Rich people problems I guess 🤷‍♀️ 

Ask Martha Stewart.  I hope Snarly suffers the same fate, but alas, Corinthii-adjacent folks always win.

• Love 4
On 6/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, YaddaYadda said:

No, they weren't, but they did have that nasty ass sex about 4-6 weeks ago. So the pregnancy might actually be a more recent thing than 3 months.

Still, fuck you writers! 

Nobody needs another baby, least of all Michael and Willow. Michael needs a baby like he needs another bullet to the head.

If another bullet to the head is an option, I'm in!

9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Is Sasha going to revert to pills every time someone gets pregnant? I get that it’s devastating to lose a baby. And I don’t expect her to be over it anytime soon. I’d worry more about her if she did. But this ‘OMG Willow is pregnant and I lost my baby! I can’t take it, I must go find my drug dealer’ is beyond the pale. Then he hands her a baggie of pills that she doesn’t recognize, tells her they’re prescription and ‘totally safe’ and she just takes them? I foresee an epic meltdown on QVC or whatever the hell they’re calling the channel that Morgan a Fairchild’s show is going to be on. 

She's not taking the pills to cope with her baby's death or Willow's pregnancy. She's taking them because she's unable to function in society because she gets these intense moments of anxiety that she seems to have developed after her break with Michael (and we know he's not worth that). And everything keeps piling on. She is unable to deal with everything going on around her and how fast things are moving.

She is stuck in a vicious circle. Sasha needs psychological help. There's a shrink on staff that the writers are allergic to using in that capacity for some reason. 

If the writers are doing a storyline with Sasha about the opioid crisis, which is relevant, that's fine, but I think that this is her taking drugs just for the sake of  taking drugs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She's not taking the pills to cope with her baby's death or Willow's pregnancy. She's taking them because she's unable to function in society because she gets these intense moments of anxiety that she seems to have developed after her break with Michael (and we know he's not worth that). And everything keeps piling on. She is unable to deal with everything going on around her and how fast things are moving.

She is stuck in a vicious circle. Sasha needs psychological help. There's a shrink on staff that the writers are allergic to using in that capacity for some reason. 

If the writers are doing a storyline with Sasha about the opioid crisis, which is relevant, that's fine, but I think that this is her taking drugs just for the sake of  taking drugs.

I couldn't tell what she was taking.  They looked like they could be prescription opioids, but the guy told her she needed a "pick me up" and with her history of cocaine use, I thought that meant we are supposed to think they're speed.  Who knows!!

But yeah, she needs therapy.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Yeah, the drugs are not about the baby really.  I firmly believe that Sasha would have gone back to the drugs even if Liam had been born perfectly healthy.  Like, she never really took the time to deal with her addiction, she was hospitalized for the heart attack and then she got pregnant.  Sure, being pregnant helped her stay off the drugs temporarily, but unless and until someone actually deals with things properly, they ain't going away.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3