Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Uh oh. Drew is rescuing Liz's chips from the snack machine with a patented Fonz move. Step away, Drew, Liz is way too short for you! And I do not want another round of Liz and Carly vying for Jason(lite)'s attention. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Also, who knew physically abusing Donna Martin and/or Tori Spelling would ruin someone’s careers. Jamie Walters never recovered from that storyline. Even then I thought it was odd. I was like, People it’s a stupid tv show! LOL!!!!

FYI he's a firefighter in RL now and while I hated Ray I have always liked Jamie Walters.  "How Do You Talk to an Angel" is one of my fave songs as well as "Hold On"

As far as GH I pretty much only watch days Laura is on and as much as I hated Peter at least the conclusion of that story kept my interest for a while now GH is losing its steam. 

I find myself watching old clips of GH on YT. It seems they only can write for sweeps period and ignore the rest of the year.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do Grandparents Have Visitation Rights in New York? | DivorceNet

I can't get the link to copy and the bolding is mine

In New York, grandparents have a legal right to request court-ordered visitation when:

one or both parents die

they have a substantial existing relationship with their grandchildren, or

the child's parents have interfered with their efforts to establish or maintain a relationship.

This right applies only to biological or adoptive grandparents and does not extend to great-grandparents or other relatives.

Backing up to yesterday, I'd been wondering why Britt or Brad never brought up the idea of her getting him back on-staff at GH.  I figured it was because (I think?) the Q's own the hospital and thus Michael would block it.  But the reason is...Lucas (who?) and Lucas' friends (who?) wouldn't like it?  Lucas...is an employee at GH?  He...has friends at GH?  I'm gonna need to see some on-screen receipts.

By the way, the mention of co-COS Terry reminded me that it's been a month and we've seen z-e-r-o follow-up about her and Chet.  Another great story for Terry. #eyeroll

Also, is anything ever going to come off that whole dating service thing that Dr. O gave to Britt?  We've been hearing about it for literal months, what is the payoff here?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm liking the memory-lane exposition we've gotten lately (Michael talking about being a dick by stealing Avery, Elizabeth and Drew today talking about their time together, and "Monica" today talking about being married to Jeff, Emily and Elizabeth, etc.)

I just wish we could have gotten those Monica callbacks on any other day but a temp day. Leslie Charleston was there for all (or most of) that and earned it, dammit!  

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

FYI he's a firefighter in RL now and while I hated Ray I have always liked Jamie Walters.  "How Do You Talk to an Angel" is one of my fave songs as well as "Hold On"

As far as GH I pretty much only watch days Laura is on and as much as I hated Peter at least the conclusion of that story kept my interest for a while now GH is losing its steam. 

I find myself watching old clips of GH on YT. It seems they only can write for sweeps period and ignore the rest of the year.

I had forgotten I had read that he is now a firefighter. I find that very commendable. Also, I have “Angel” on my music list on my iPhone for walking. That said, I would never admit that to anyone or say it out loud. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I had forgotten I had read that he is now a firefighter. I find that very commendable. Also, I have “Angel” on my music list on my iPhone for walking. That said, I would never admit that to anyone or say it out loud. LOL!!!!!

Thanks for the receipts!

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Today's episode mostly sucked and Laura is kind of an idiot for trusting deputy mayor after she stressed how important it was to contain the information to very select few. 

Did anyone else notice how Laura winked at Robert when he got up to intervene?  Methinks Laura may suspect her Deputy Mayor is in cahoots with Victor and will use her to spread dis-information. At least that's how I would script it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Did anyone else notice how Laura winked at Robert when he got up to intervene?  Methinks Laura may suspect her Deputy Mayor is in cahoots with Victor and will use her to spread dis-information. At least that's how I would script it.

that would be good. Evil Deputy is a bit obvy.

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I got that impression, too.  Laura was just a bit too forthcoming for her not to be throwing out the bait and seeing what she catches.

Also, it cannot be said enough: Shut the fuck up, Michael and Willow.  Their entire argument about how Nina isn't good for Wiley is such bullshit.  The kid is three (or whatever, I don't really care).  You know how much he remembers about Grandma Nina telling him about Nelle?  Zip.  Nina is so desperate to see that kid if they said it has to be at the Q mansion and they want someone in the room with her at all times, she'd agree in a heartbeat.  This is about them disapproving of her relationship with Sonny, but they're too self-righteous to admit it.

• Love 15

LOL at Anna's amateur efforts to speak German. Well done FH.

Michael became anti-Nina when Willow got upset that Wiley said that she wasn't his real mother. As if a 2 year old knew the difference.Willow needs to accept that she is not Wylie's biological mother, and Michael needs to back off. These controlling tendencies are not attractive.

Michael is an idiot. Diane told him that Nina can get a hearing but that doesn't necessarily mean that she will get visitation, so Michael assumes that she will no be allowed visitation. That's what happens when you give a child everything they want, they grow up to be an insufferable adult.  I can't wait till Wylie grows up and becomes a miniMichael or miniJoss. Not.

Thank you props people for giving Laura a china pitcher for cream at Charlie's rather than the cheap metal one at the Metro Court,

On the other hand, Laura is a fool for telling her deputy major anything given how pushy the woman was. Ted flag here, Laura. Hopefully Laura is planting information but I didn't get that impression at all.

Finn "I could get fired if I don't call this in,"  Wrong thing to say to a teenager, Finn. Bad move.

I love Ava's necklace. I want her necklace collection.

There are too many hints that it is Jake doing the deeds. If it's a well-written show, it will swerve to someone else in truth. If.

12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think Esme's biggest sin is that she decided to go up against Joss. That's the biggest problem with any storyline involving the turnip for brains. Nobody can win or be redeemed because of them. They will never allow her to move on or forget the things that she's done.

It's too bad because the teen scene really needs her to shake things up . Without Esme, Joss/Cameron is as dull as ditchwater.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

or

the child's parents have interfered with their efforts to establish or maintain a relationship.

Isn't that the very definition of what Michael is trying to do now?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I know it’s unavoidable now but all these temp recasts really throw me off.  Like temp Monica had more scenes with Jake than I ever remember regular Monica having.

Maybe Leslie Charleson's health issues prevent it? (I have no idea. But it would make sense since Holly Kaplan, Temp Monica, seems more spry, as someone else said! Or maybe the hacks just suck. More probable.)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Step away, Drew, Liz is way too short for you!

When he said "My shoulder is always here," I was thinking, "Bring a stool so you can reach it."  

CamMat is flailing. Some of those supportive lines to Liz sounded so...oversold. The way he's playing this role reminds me of my friend's dog. He's the sweetest dog, but whatever person walks in is his favorite person. If someone else comes in ten minutes later, that's his new favorite person. They're all his favorites. CM is playing it as if he asked "So what's this character like?" and they told him "He's really nice" and that was the end of the discussion.

I'm not someone pining for a "Billy Miller version of Drew," because I never thought Drew was a clearly defined character in the first place.  He didn't know who he was, then he thought he was Jason for several years, then he was angrily insisting he was Jason for a while (something no one else on the show or watching the show believed), then he was support in the Cancer Boy story.  He was always weirdly uninterested in his past. Most of the character was just in how BM reacted to different co-stars. They had pretty much a blank slate here when recast time came, and...they've left it that way. 

On Monica: It's always a bummer when I like the temporary recast better than the full-time person, especially when I'm supposed to adore the full-time person because they're a vet, but what are you gonna do? I loved Holly Kaplan's Monica. If she were playing the role full time, I'd want Monica to be on four days a week. She's played one-episode parts on a ton of series, so she's obviously good at jumping right in.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

CamMat is flailing. Some of those supportive lines to Liz sounded so...oversold. The way he's playing this role reminds me of my friend's dog. He's the sweetest dog, but whatever person walks in is his favorite person. If someone else comes in ten minutes later, that's his new favorite person. They're all his favorites. CM is playing it as if he asked "So what's this character like?" and they told him "He's really nice" and that was the end of the discussion.

I'm not someone pining for a "Billy Miller version of Drew," because I never thought Drew was a clearly defined character in the first place.  He didn't know who he was, then he thought he was Jason for several years, then he was angrily insisting he was Jason for a while (something no one else on the show or watching the show believed), then he was support in the Cancer Boy story.  He was always weirdly uninterested in his past. Most of the character was just in how BM reacted to different co-stars. They had pretty much a blank slate here when recast time came, and...they've left it that way. 

Drew never was defined, which is what allows them to do what they like. But I don't think they have any clue what to do with Cameron, which is too bad because when he's given good material (and a beard!) he can still do well. There is absolutely a place on the show for a Quartermaine who served his country in a heroic role on the show as a romantic lead; it would be a nice palate cleanser. But without a clear direction they just have Cameron basically being his talk show persona.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

LOL at Anna's amateur efforts to speak German. Well done FH.

I always loved it when Liesel would make a comment in German and Anna would answer in English, proving that she knows the language and the German speaking scenes was epically well done.  And just how many assassins does Victor have employed?

Felicia's over the top crying was damn funny but then the show turns around and has her speculating on being a PI again and going undercover and I just roll my eyes because Felicia is as believable of an investigator as Sam McCall is.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Drew never was defined, which is what allows them to do what they like. But I don't think they have any clue what to do with Cameron, which is too bad because when he's given good material (and a beard!) he can still do well. There is absolutely a place on the show for a Quartermaine who served his country in a heroic role on the show as a romantic lead; it would be a nice palate cleanser. But without a clear direction they just have Cameron basically being his talk show persona.

What they've done to Cam is really awful.  First, grow back the beard, second give him a real viewpoint, personality, and hot  love interest.  I thought he and Britt were super hot when he first came on.   I see no chem with LW or Becky.  Maybe Kemo, but I would rather see him hook up with Britt for now.  I just can't stand how they are writing him.  I  loved BM in the role, but I was open to Cam and thought he killed it the first month, and now the writing has let him and the audience down. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

CamMat is flailing.

He really is. I feel sorry for him. Drew as a character is a big nothing—and always has been, since he was obviously cooked up to be the holding pattern until SBu deigned to return.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I thought he and Britt were super hot when he first came on.   I see no chem with LW or Becky.  Maybe Kemo, but I would rather see him hook up with Britt for now.  I just can't stand how they are writing him.

They've also tried him out with Maxie, Portia, and Nina. I don't recall any one-on-one scenes with Ava or Madame Wu, but I won't be surprised if they've been crossed off the list by the end of March. 

It's been the most obvious chemistry testing since the first month or so of SWSNBN. She was getting put in scenes with every guy under 50 she wasn't related to, single or not, until they settled on AJ (for the short term). 

• Love 2

I will say - I wouldn't  mind him (Him being Drew) with Portia. I liked those two together and now i have "Vanilla and Chocolate, swirl... swirllll...... swirl.. swirrll..... in my head LOL because you know they are gonna drop the whole "you is not divorced" bomb on Curtis. and Jordan isn't gonna let go of it again. (because we also have the whole Portia done lied to you too, Curtis! bomb still to drop).  so that's an option

I said before. when Cam was ScruffyDrew - he was a lot more engaging. now - he's .... Ryan Lavery in Port Charles and I didn't really like Ryan Lavery so...

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is an idiot. Diane told him that Nina can get a hearing but that doesn't necessarily mean that she will get visitation, so Michael assumes that she will no be allowed visitation.

He thinks he'll be so eloquent to a judge that there's no way he can lose.  There's a meme floating around of "what I think I look like wearing a beanie (pic of supermodel looking adorable) vs. what I really look like (William H. Macy as his Shameless character)" and I think that's Michael: he thinks he sounds great and wise when actually he sounds like a petulant child not making any points other than "it's what *I* want!"

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

CamMat is flailing.

He really is. I feel sorry for him. Drew as a character is a big nothing—and always has been, since he was obviously cooked up to be the holding pattern until SBu deigned to return.

I fear that SBu is just waiting in the wings for the vaccine mandate to be lifted to ~triumphantly return and then CamMat will be given the boot.  There's just no there there for the character--which is totally on the writers.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Drew was ever really planned for. They went ahead with recasting Jason and I believe they were behind it at the time, but I'm sure potentially pulling out the old Two Todds gambit was in the back pocket, because I knew Steve would come back someday and I'm sure Frank did too. But Drew and everything after was slapped together.

That being said, the character exists and is full of possibility. I just don't know that they ever had any idea what they would do when bringing him back. Often it seems Frank just decides 'this major star is available!' and hires them. Cameron/Drew is at least much more viable to me than watching Rebecca Budig struggle with their attempts to continue to justify her recurring presence, just because she occasionally has snarky lines like Greenlee. It seems like they're adrift without Jason and struggling to figure out what that means for this character and most of the show. But it doesn't have to be 1-to-1 - Drew does not need to automatically fill all the same roles in Sonny, Carly, etc.'s lives. It is more interesting if he doesn't, and stays linked to, say, Scorpio, Anna, Dante, Liz and Jake, etc. And you can play the tension with Sam for awhile, though personally I'd write her out slowly. But the show is uncomfortable with change.

They need to bring on a solid, strong character and actress for Cameron, but they probably won't. I've already had my say many times (Gina Tognoni as Dr. Sarah Webber) so I won't again. Except for now.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Am I to understand that No Name Webber actually got a name today?

Is it Carolyn? Because awhile ago I saw on youtube an 80's episode where Heather Webber was talking to her mother about an already-off-the-show Jeff and his new wife Carolyn.

56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

m I to understand that No Name Webber actually got a name today?

Jake told Liz that he was at the library, talking to Carol and Jeff Webber.    Liz lost her ish and was all, 'youve been speaking to my parents?????"  

Edited by perkie1968

I'm thinking that there is now a very large target on Trina's back by both Esme and Ryan. He's there listening in on the conversations like no biggie. 

They are making such a big deal about Elizabeth's parents that I'm sure this whole thing will fizzle and be a big hole heap of nothingess.

Oh yay! More Carly and Drew chit chatting and her being all about how she doesn't have anyone or something like that.

I'm just bored.

• Love 5

On today's Paraphrase Hospital

Jake:  I couldn't have put that hideous photo on the mantel, I was at the library zooming with Grandma and Grandpa

Liz:  <head explodes>:  MY PARENTS,  MY PARENTS (if anyone remembers the Friends episode in which Ross screams MY SANDWICH and all the birds fly away!!!)

Finn:  So that means Jake isn't responsible for all the shenanigans (Man, they're going through suspects likety split.  so we're back to Liz has DID or Finn is gaslighting her)

Anna:  Victor's minion, did you sabotage the cable car?

Victor's minion:  You can't make me talk......it's all for the greater good, Let me bite down on a cyanide pill that just so happen to already be in my mouth, and die

Felicia:  Mother effer.  

Smarmy fellow student (played by Mo's real life son):  Hey, I saw your naked tape and me likey, humna humna

Joss:  How dare you, get away from me.  Cam thank god you're here for me.

Cam:  Maybe we shouldn't be seen together in public.

Joss;  Bitch please.

spencer:  Did you tape the sex?

Esme:  How dare you think that of me.  My MO is blowing up cars.  CARS.  I mean, I draw the line at sex tapes.   It was Trina.  Trina, Trina, Trina.  She filmed the sex.  She killed Elvis, possibly even JFK and has hidden Jimmy Hoffa.  Ohhh, look what Carly did to my arm.  Mean ole' Carly but your daddy was fine and protected me

Spencer:  Hhm, yeah Trina didn't do it. 

Esme:  Mother effer

Carly:  Joss/sex tape

Drew:  that sucks.  But you're the bestest mother that ever mothered in the history of all mothers, so Joss is darn lucky.   also I have secret business.

Carly:  Is it with Victor.  Don't die like Jason did, cuz I have no one else to complain to, I mean, Jason is dead, and Jax is as good as dead and sonny's in Nina's bed, and she's not dead, so you know, I need you.

Drew:  It's all good.  

Eileen:  Laura thinks you killed Luke

Victor:  I need to shut down Laura, Anna and Felicia.  Me and my three of cups card have a secret weapon.

Drew:  Alright Cassadine, what do you want from me.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Looks like Drew will be in a romantic relationship with Carly and that’s just the death knell for me. They can start planning his exit now. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 11

I completely understand why Liz would be upset at Jeff and newly-named Carolyn talking with Jake and not telling her.  This show is so bizarre about grandparents and grand-kids. Michael has all the rights and Liz has none?

"I'm done with this Esme."  Have Portia ever actually met Esme or is all this hearsay? Portia is right though that Trina needs to step away from Spencer and Esme.

Drew is so disappointing. It's not like Carly needs any more people to tell her how wonderful she is.

Carly, maybe you could make an appointment with Kevin instead of asking him to sneak you in between patients for free advice?

"I just signed our divorce papers. I thought that was a bond that would never break." she says, conveniently forgetting all her previous divorces from Sonny.

Get Smart has ruined cyanide pills for me forever. ("Here is a pill that will cause instant death if you're captured." "Great, how do I get them to take it?"

3 hours ago, jsbt said:

They need to bring on a solid, strong character and actress for Cameron, but they probably won't. I've already had my say many times (Gina Tognoni as Dr. Sarah Webber) so I won't again. Except for now.

That would be awesome.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Smarmy fellow student (played by Mo's real life son): 

He has a son? I thought he only had daughters?

Why wouldn't Elizabeth say "Your grandparents?" My parents sounds as if Jake's not related to them.

• Love 1

I hate to sound like a broken record but today's conversation btw Spencer and Esme just highlighted how poorly I think this story has been written. It's obvious Esme did this, and I'm not sure why Spencer doesn't just know this. I didn't see the entire show today, but it would be more interesting if she confessed or if Spencer called her out on it and stuck to his guns. I don't know. I'm also still not getting why he likes her soooo much. I think we got some backstory but not enough, IMO. And she said today she is only in PC b/c of Spencer. Why? Did he tell her he would marry her or something? Are they that invested in each other at the ripe old age of 19?!?! 

And w/all the mentions of Liz's parents and Jake crossed off the list - unless they make it Aiden - I think the "Liz has DID" theory might be right, and that would be awful! I truly and sincerely hope they have something better planned than giving Liz DID out of literally nowhere. Heck, do a supernatural story where Franco's ghost has to be exorcised from the house. LOL! I don't care. Just no DID. 

And I really agree w/everyone's comments about CM. He is really being wasted. It's a shame. I like Drew, and his version had potential but ever since returning to PC, that potential has been draining w/each appearance he makes. It's not CM's fault but Drew is flatlining as a character at this point. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9

Carly, if you don't like it when the men in your life go off on "dangerous" missions, maybe find new men in your life.

1 minute ago, lala2 said:

And she said today she is only in PC b/c of Spencer. Why?

Because she has nowhere else to go.

LOL that Joss looks around Charlie's feeling as if everyone is looking at her and no one cares.

I had to laugh that the cliffhanger is Victor just about to show Drew a tarot card that we already know won't do a thing. 

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, maybe you could make an appointment with Kevin instead of asking him to sneak you in between patients for free advice?

I think it is some sort of power play with Carly. She can't just be more wealthy and have more power over places & people, enough to bar people from finding housing, jobs or even justice. She also has to so special that people will drop everything to help her out for free, even though, as I previously stated, she has the financial means to pay for it, and the top quality stuff too. 

One moment I liked in New Girl, is when Schmidt tried to get free advice from Jess' doctor friend, but the friend drew a line and said it was her private time, so set up an appointment and spend the $20 co pay for her to answer his questions, and Schmidt did that without compliment. 

When I was in regular therapy, it never mattered how many years I knew my counselor - it would be very rare to get a last minute appointment (and rarer for it to be free) because those people barely have enough time to take a lunch.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because she has nowhere else to go.

I guess. And there is Ryan and his plan. 

I'm more asking about Spencer.  He just graduated high school. Emse is presumably planning her whole life around him. I'm surprised he's not more put off or concerned. Does he want to tie himself to her for life? Did he think she would come and eventually leave or find someone else to leech off of? Is he just having some fun? 

I just don't have a good understanding of their relationship or dynamic or what Spencer wants. It's not clear. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HIs son also played a younger version of Sonny a couple of years ago in either a dream sequence or a memory of Sonny's.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
50 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Smarmy fellow student (played by Mo's real life son): 

Yeah, he's got one son.  He's been on the show before--played young Sonny in that stupid 'what if?' episode.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, ffwbe said:

They confirmed at the end that Ryan and Esme are father and daughter but their scenes have off a weirdly sexual vibe and knowing Ryan’s own history doesn’t help. He also basically told her to seduce Nik so this got creepy really quickly. 

To be fair, a serial killer plotting to have someone seduced, even by his own daughter, is relatively tame.  Considering the extent of what Ryan COULD have asked her to do.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:00 PM, Daisy said:

That's what ticked me off so much. Just "oh, yeah, I guess you heard, Sonny killed AJ, it was a bummer, so. let's talk about boys!"  Not even a pause or anything like it actually mattered to him. 

This is why I honestly really want someone (AJ'S secret Kid(s) ) to come along and just shatter his world to pieces.and that he isn't the chosen one. Like Michael is more pissed off that Nina didn't tell anyone about Sonny being alive (and for longer) - than being pissed off that Sonny murdered his birth father. 

Honestly just remove brando and sasha, and include  AJ's secret family and poof. 

It would be nice to have another Quartermaine show up and actually be capable and accomplished and a real man.  All the things people say about SLS that aren’t really true. It would be even better if that character hated the mob and had contempt for SLS.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I guess. And there is Ryan and his plan. 

I'm more asking about Spencer.  He just graduated high school. Emse is presumably planning her whole life around him. I'm surprised he's not more put off or concerned. Does he want to tie himself to her for life? Did he think she would come and eventually leave or find someone else to leech off of? Is he just having some fun? 

I just don't have a good understanding of their relationship or dynamic or what Spencer wants. It's not clear. 

Maybe Esme will sleep with Nik and get pregnant.  Then there can be more paternity drama. Also, since a pony has been within 100 feet of Esme, they can throw his hat in the ring for paternity too.

this show needs more babies, right?

On 3/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, lala2 said:

Can I please complain about Esme? Is anyone else disappointed w/the direction of this story? 

I do not have a problem w/bad or gray characters. Heck, those kind of characters are my favorite. I loved Todd Manning. I loved Franco. Britt has always been a fave, and y'all know I have always loved Brad. I love a "bad" character, but I hate the direction they've taken Esme. I hate that she has a connection to Ryan and not Ava directly, which could have been more interesting. I hate that Ryan is obsessed w/breaking up Nava and being w/Ava. I hate the idea of Esme seducing Nikolas (or faking like she did). I just hate the idea of all of it and have no interest in seeing any of that play out. None of that is what I wanted or hoped to see w/the character. IMO, the teen group needed some stirring up so I was happy for a "bad girl" to join the group, but I can tell Esme is not "normal bad;" she is "whacky bad," and we just got that w/Nelle. Did we need to see that again? 

And why are they making Spencer stupid w/r/t his girlfriend?!? He thought it was Cameron and not his girlfriend who willingly torched a car and left a mother her dead daughter's badge to taunt her?!?! Huh?! The first part of those scenes made no sense. I missed the second half of the show but know Spencer apologized to Cameron, but I'm still trying to figure out why he thought Cameron would do that in the first place. 

Anyway, I was hoping Esme would stick around. The actress is good and she was giving the teen group the boost of energy it ended, but I have a feeling she will go the way of Nelle and Peter. I wish they had thought of a better story for her. 

And unless Esme seduces Nik, it will probably the last time there is any sex for these four college age people.  Other than sparsely placed vague references to Spenser and Esme doing It.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, ciarra said:

Well, there are two surfboards propped against the wall in the hallway. <rme>

The (hideous) "artwork" over the fireplace is more funereal than beachy.

jax.jpg

I know Portia and Curtis are well off, but isn’t Jax a billionaire, or close to it?  How could they possibly afford a home that someone like that is selling?  I presume in the current market it would cost at least a few million dollars.  Portia is a staff doctor on salary I presume, and Curtis only recently opened his club.  So I don’t see him being flush with disposable capital right now.  It just looks like more lazy writing so they can keep using that set.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, dubbel zout said:

Who was then decapitated for her trouble and her head put in a barrel to be discovered at a Halloween party. That was pretty awesome.

Ryan’s idea of ‘whimsy’. 

3 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

I know Portia and Curtis are well off, but isn’t Jax a billionaire, or close to it?  How could they possibly afford a home that someone like that is selling?  I presume in the current market it would cost at least a few million dollars.  Portia is a staff doctor on salary I presume, and Curtis only recently opened his club.  So I don’t see him being flush with disposable capital right now.  It just looks like more lazy writing so they can keep using that set.

Edited by Suicidy

I didn't watch GH for a number of years when it conflicted with my work hours. So, my recollections of Jeff Webber are from waaaay back and I think he was a reasonably nice-ish guy, at least as far as soap opera guys go. So why is Liz on the outs with him? Is it something so awful that her son would be afraid she's angry if he communicates with his grandparents? 

Heck, Sonny is a mobster for heaven's sake and no one keeps his kids/grandkids from talking to him.

• Love 4