Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

But I ask again - doesn't this make Nina look even more guilty of this made up charge? Them being in lurve just gives her more reason to chain Smike to her. I mean I get that the info will drive Carly even more insane than she usually is, I just don't see how this helps Nina. Unless Sonny finally bothers to tell the truth that yes Nina didn't tell him who he really was but that's because he didn't want to know.

This WHOLE story is STOOPID. Yes, Nina was in "luurrve" with Mooby, so keeping quiet about who he really was is the same thing as stealing his identity. NO ONE on this show knows how identity theft works, or rather, IS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

But I ask again - doesn't this make Nina look even more guilty of this made up charge? Them being in lurve just gives her more reason to chain Smike to her. I mean I get that the info will drive Carly even more insane than she usually is, I just don't see how this helps Nina. Unless Sonny finally bothers to tell the truth that yes Nina didn't tell him who he really was but that's because he didn't want to know.

that's my assumption. that Sonny will have to confess that they fell in love and he didn't want to know about his past and told Nina that.

11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This WHOLE story is STOOPID. Yes, Nina was in "luurrve" with Mooby, so keeping quiet about who he really was is the same thing as stealing his identity. NO ONE on this show knows how identity theft works, or rather, IS.

well think about it. this was MIchael's grand scheme. are we really surprised on how stupid it is?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

It's not just that the story is stupid, because it phenomenally is, but that the writers think that the audience is stupid. Bribing a DA is a much bigger crime than knowing who Sonny is and not telling him. Michael is the one who should be going to jail.

Also I don't recall Nina ever actually lying and saying that she doesn't know who Smike really is. In fact she repeatedly told him to find out who he was.  The idea that this is identity theft and a crime enough to put her in prison is insulting to the audience. I wish that Nina would grow a backbone and fight back

Does the show hate Alexis that they have her propping Shawn and most likely in a relationship with him. We know that Alexis has a coffeemaker from Tracy's last visit', am I supposed to believe that a cooling cup of takeout Corinthos coffee is better than what she makes at home?

Why is Laura expecting all the concessions to come from Nik? Spencer hates him and wants nothing to do with him. Victor or no Victor, neither Nik or Laura should let him skate on what he did to Ava.

Mistah Sheffield is having so much fun as Victor If looks could kill, Liesl would have slain him over and over today.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Laura expecting all the concessions to come from Nik? Spencer hates him and wants nothing to do with him. Victor or no Victor, neither Nik or Laura should let him skate on what he did to Ava.

Spencer has admitted his crimes and is going to serve jail time (granted spa prison) and is going to always have a criminal record. He has given up his trust fund and is working at Kellys trying to support himself.

Yes, Spencer hates his father right now and wants nothing to do with him. But I don't know what Nikolas wants from Spencer. To accept Ava as his wife? Right now Spencer isn't going to accept Ava in own life and since he is 18, he really doesn't have to. He has stopped stalking her and isn't trying to reach out to Nikolas or her. 

I don't see any effort on Nikolas' part in doing anything to repair his relationship with Spencer.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Spencer has admitted his crimes and is going to serve jail time (granted spa prison) and is going to always have a criminal record. He has given up his trust fund and is working at Kellys trying to support himself.

Yes, Spencer hates his father right now and wants nothing to do with him. But I don't know what Nikolas wants from Spencer. To accept Ava as his wife? Right now Spencer isn't going to accept Ava in own life and since he is 18, he really doesn't have to. He has stopped stalking her and isn't trying to reach out to Nikolas or her. 

I don't see any effort on Nikolas' part in doing anything to repair his relationship with Spencer.

Nikolas has definitely decided that Spencer doesn’t need any more parenting. I get that Spencer is acting like an entitled brat but Nikolas truly did stop trying to reach him after one fake stabbing attempt.  And now that he gets to bone Ava on the regular it’s all over.  I get why Laura is pushing Nikolas more than Spencer - this isn’t her first rodeo, and she knows pushing the angry teen who feels betrayed by his father too hard is useless. 

All that said, Trina is way too good a friend to an undeserving Spencer, but I also need them to have their first kiss already.  The Esme/Cam/Joss triangle is definitely the way to go, though the show just keeps having Esme bouncing around jealous over both boys. This story needs to move along. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Get it Lucy!  Tad Martin Gray is still a country-fried ham, but it's nice she's having some fun with a guy who thinks she's awesome.  And I enjoyed her and Kevin's moment alone about it, with her saucy "He asked me what I wanted for Christmas" retort.  I hope Laura and Kevin are not too nice and laidback about this development, it could lead to some fun shenanigans!

Fun energy between Obrecht and Mister Sheffield when they ran into each other.  If they ever want to shake up her and Scotty, a bout of hate sex with Mister Sheffield wouldn't shock me.

Shut up, Joss.  She was really radiating some Laura Wright haughty Carly energy and I can barely tolerate it from actual Carly, you feel me?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that Nina would grow a backbone and fight back

Seriously. She's already agreed to stay away from everyone, but that doesn't mean she has to roll over and accept everything the Corinthii decide to throw at her.

I did laugh at Carly's "I want this to be over for the family" at the hearing. Hey, then how about telling Michael to drop the charges? Ugh, this is SO STUPID.

Shut up, Shawn, and stop whining about having gone to jail. And stop being so smug about your name being cleared. You were there to shoot someone, just not Hayden.

• Love 13

so the teens are to young for sex, the 20's are too busy (Molly/TJ), the 30's couples are all NOT HOT (Willow/Micheal, Sam/Dante, ) so the seniors have to Rock It! Lucy/Col Santa and Liesl and Scotty.  I guess we have Nik and Ava in the middle group and the are Ok.

But a lot of hotness being wasted so we can take the hint from Lucy and ask Santa for 2022!!

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, racked said:

Nikolas has definitely decided that Spencer doesn’t need any more parenting. I get that Spencer is acting like an entitled brat but Nikolas truly did stop trying to reach him after one fake stabbing attempt.

I don't get what Nik is supposed to do. Spencer not only wants nothing to do with him, he resents Nik showing up at his workplace and talking to Trina even when it's nothing to do with Spencer himself. Nik says 'black' and Spencer doesn't just say 'white', he yells 'shut up'.  There isn't even any money that Nik can hold over him since Spencer has renounced his inheritance.

That's why it's important to get your child's respect in the early years, because by the time they're adolescents that's all you have for leverage.

1 minute ago, Blackie said:

so the teens are to young for sex, the 20's are too busy (Molly/TJ), the 30's couples are all NOT HOT (Willow/Micheal, Sam/Dante, ) so the seniors have to Rock It! Lucy/Col Santa and Liesl and Scotty.  I guess we have Nik and Ava in the middle group and the are Ok.

And the 40/50 somethings like Finn/Liz and Portia/Curtis spend more time talking about a kiss than doing it.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't get what Nik is supposed to do. Spencer not only wants nothing to do with him, he resents Nik showing up at his workplace and talking to Trina even when it's nothing to do with Spencer himself. Nik says 'black' and Spencer doesn't just say 'white', he yells 'shut up'.  There isn't even any money that Nik can hold over him since Spencer has renounced his inheritance.

That's why it's important to get your child's respect in the early years, because by the time they're adolescents that's all you have for leverage.

All of Nik’s attempts have involved berating Spencer. He hasn’t tried to just spend time with the kid or understand the root cause of what’s happened. I don’t totally get Spencer deciding to hate Nik because of Hayden, but Nik seems completely checked out when it comes to his son. 

59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. She's already agreed to stay away from everyone, but that doesn't mean she has to roll over and accept everything the Corinthii decide to throw at her.

I did laugh at Carly's "I want this to be over for the family" at the hearing. Hey, then how about telling Michael to drop the charges? Ugh, this is SO STUPID.

Shut up, Shawn, and stop whining about having gone to jail. And stop being so smug about your name being cleared. You were there to shoot someone, just not Hayden.

I hate Nina being such a sad sack about everything. At least Scott is willing to be active about defending her. Carly looking so shocked and disgusted that he would dare accuse Michael of bribing the DA was something else. B, you know he did that! Why are you acting surprised? 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

yeup. I remember when i was 13 - my mom and i were having a fight and I was like you are so mean, i thought we were friends, and my mom said "little girl, we can be friends when you are grown, right now I am your mother and what I say goes." Spencer never even had Nik as a friend let alone a father so them trying to figure it out is kinda great. i will say though. this whole storyline. would be 100000000000000 x better if it was happening with Joss and Carly. again. but i can take it w/Spencer and Nik. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Also I don't recall Nina ever actually lying and saying that she doesn't know who Smike really is.

Yeup. so it's not even lying she's being charged with it's lying by omission. But i am so tired of Nina trying to be humble about this crap. she's going to be humble all the way to jail if she's not careful. 

but honestly if this flips over to. BOOM! Sonny and Nina loved each other and BOOM! Michael gets disinherited by the Qs and goes to Spa Jail (if not Pentionville) for bribery it would make this whole Nixon Falls saga worth it. because i am still laughing over that WTF look the Corinthii were making when they knew that's what Michael did. (which is also why i am sure when he made sure it was a "legitimate donation" Michael didn't mention he was going to ask the DA for a favour. because any Q lawyer would have shut that real quick.). 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And her obnoxious head shaking even though everything Scotty said was true and she knows it, re Michael bribing the DA.  She just thinks no one should ever question anything a Corinthii does.  Also, the looks she and Michael gave Nina when she WALKED INTO THE COURTROOM.  She's there because you assholes bribed someone to press charges against her for LYING TO YOU.  Gah, they all suck.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I cannot stand him.  Another smug asshole whose acting like he's not actually a criminal. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

One psycho taking out another keeps the universe in balance.

And Liesl is an entertaining and endearing psycho.  With Peter I’M at the point that I wish I could go in myself and smother him with a pillow.  Although, ,Ike a staked vampire, the only way to ensure he doesn’t come back eventually is to cut the head off.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Suicidy said:

And Liesl is an entertaining and endearing psycho.  With Peter I’M at the point that I wish I could go in myself and smother him with a pillow.  Although, ,Ike a staked vampire, the only way to ensure he doesn’t come back eventually is to cut the head off.

You know when he finally wakes up, he will probably have "amnesia."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

well smart. Because DA dealt with Michael, and what we heard from the conversations, Willow was never involved. So michael would have to say under oath that he did give give money to the da SPECIFICALLY for charging Nina. where as Willow can go "i never knew anything"

but now scotty can cross examine her and bring up their twu lurrrveeeee

what i actually love. is that we were all screaming that this was a bribe even though Michael was like "Well. we checked w/the lawyers." so i'll give the show MAJOR props for actually calling it out what Michael did. Bribing the DA (and both of them being dead ass stupid talking about it in court)

That’s at least consistent with the lawyers and the judge looking at a law book and not figuring out that this isn’t what identity theft is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

And even THEN, that may not be enough. See Whoopi Goldberg as the head writer on Soapdish:

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's not just that the story is stupid, because it phenomenally is, but that the writers think that the audience is stupid. Bribing a DA is a much bigger crime than knowing who Sonny is and not telling him. Michael is the one who should be going to jail.

Also I don't recall Nina ever actually lying and saying that she doesn't know who Smike really is. In fact she repeatedly told him to find out who he was.  The idea that this is identity theft and a crime enough to put her in prison is insulting to the audience. I wish that Nina would grow a backbone and fight back

Does the show hate Alexis that they have her propping Shawn and most likely in a relationship with him. We know that Alexis has a coffeemaker from Tracy's last visit', am I supposed to believe that a cooling cup of takeout Corinthos coffee is better than what she makes at home?

Mistah Sheffield is having so much fun as Victor If looks could kill, Liesl would have slain him over and over today.

If ‘Mike’ made any attempt to find out who he was, he would have figured it put in about ten minutes.  I say ten as an average person would need maybe five.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

You know when he finally wakes up, he will probably have "amnesia."

Ugh, you’re probably right.  That would be really trite and cliche.  So it’s pretty likely.

10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And even THEN, that may not be enough. See Whoopi Goldberg as the head writer on Soapdish:

I remember that,  wonderful film.  The thought did cross my mind.  Or Andre Maddox will transfer his consciousness into a body cloned by the also newly alive Helena Cassadine.  Or maybe they’ll bring in David Hayward with his resurrection treatment from AMC.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So I’m a little late posting this but what in the ever loving bluedilly fuck was Sam wearing at Alexis’ house? Was she channeling her inner Elvira? Or Stevie Nicks? That thing was beyond hideous and combined with the bright red lipstick and her jet black hair, did her no favors. KeMo is an attractive woman but the way they dress her on this show is outrageously bad. Did she piss off someone in hair, makeup and makeup and wardrobe?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Speaking of pissed off BTS people, why is Michael's hair like that? It looks like they're trying to kill off his follicles by suffocating them with grease.

C'mon, Esme, free Cam. Do whatever it takes to get Joss out of his life.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

So I’m a little late posting this but what in the ever loving bluedilly fuck was Sam wearing at Alexis’ house?

It's from the same people who brought us Maxie's Great Pumpkin Sweatshirt.  For a mere $168, it can be yours.  It's still better than her "utility skirt", aka, the potato sack.

Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 22-29-05 Sam’s brown plaid military jacket on General Hospital.png

Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 22-30-17 Sam’s khaki utility skirt on General Hospital.png

• Love 2

Wow they let Scott be a smart lawyer. I think with the whole Mike-Nina being in love part being exposed, it allows Scott to argue that there is only Sonny’s word that he came back when he remembered. However, it could be that Sonny only came back because Jax found out he was alive. The whole amnesia is a way to avoid his family finding out he had an affair. So Scott would basically be able to create reasonable doubt that Nina committed fraud because either Sonny always knew the truth and was just having an affair or didn’t want to know the truth because he was in love. 

I have this one fear that Peter does recover and escapes. Then Drew finds out the truth about Bailey and that somehow triggers some kind of conditioning leading him to be Peter’s soldier and kidnapping her for Peter. 

I have been enjoying the Davis’s family holidays this year. First there was the Cassadine Thanksgiving, then there was everyone giving Sam’s kids musical instruments. I have a feeling that Sam has used Kristina and Molly a lot for babysitting when she can’t drop them off at the Q’s and this was Kristina and Molly’s revenge. But really enjoyed that both the holidays showed that the best thing about the holidays is being with family but the worst thing about the holidays is family. 

I know this won’t happen but would love a twist with the whole Esme/Cam/Joss situation. It’s painfully obvious that they want to have Esme and Joss be rivals but would be a twist if they did an enemy to lovers thing with Joss and Esme. I think there could be some interesting stories to come from this but also fear having to see more of Joss vs Esme especially if it is over Cam. Right now there isn’t any real reason for Joss’s attitude towards Esme, it would so much worse if she suspect Esme is after Cam. Plus I think I would prefer a triangle with Spencer/Trina/Cam. 

• Love 3

47 minutes ago, ybrik said:

I know this won’t happen but would love a twist with the whole Esme/Cam/Joss situation. It’s painfully obvious that they want to have Esme and Joss be rivals but would be a twist if they did an enemy to lovers thing with Joss and Esme. I think there could be some interesting stories to come from this but also fear having to see more of Joss vs Esme especially if it is over Cam. Right now there isn’t any real reason for Joss’s attitude towards Esme, it would so much worse if she suspect Esme is after Cam. Plus I think I would prefer a triangle with Spencer/Trina/Cam. 

Joss coming out as gay would be a one-way ticket to Whoville so I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'd be sad to see Esme as a member of the Corinthos plague. I like the actress and the character feels soapy to me. Terrorizing someone is not nice at all but that makes for a far more interesting character than watching Joss be Carly 2.0. 

The problem with the new adult scene* is that they all get along (for now) and that makes for boring soap. At least in the Four Musketeers era, Lucky and Nik started out as not liking or trusting each other with Emily and Liz holding that quartet together. If the show put in the work, they could recreate that early Lucky and Nik dynamic with Cam and Spencer. The foundation is already there - Cam got to grow up with Spencer's family while he was sent off to boarding school. It's too bad the show hasn't established a relationship between Nik and Cam because Spencer could resent Cam for that too. 

*I disagree with the 18-30 age range. 18-24 makes more sense to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also I don't recall Nina ever actually lying and saying that she doesn't know who Smike really is. In fact she repeatedly told him to find out who he was. 

i really want to touch on this because there are twitter discussions about it and people were like but he was scared so Sonny can't be expected to make right decisions about that and I am like. dude. no. 

I do remember he did say once like way back when he felt like he was a "bad person" or something to that effect but that feeling was never why he chose not to investigate his past. he flat out stated he didn't want to. he didn't care about his past, he wanted to focus on his new future. Then he was honest and said if his family cared about him they'd look for him, never occurred to him there could be a reason why they didn't. Nina asked him he said no, Phyllis and Lenny asked him several times he said he didn't care. nina said they couldn't have a relationship until he did and Sonny still made ZERO MOVES to investigate his past, then of course Jax clapped him w/truth bombs and Sonny was like I DON'T CARE THAT NINA LIED. 

It drives me crazy Nina never told scott ANY of this so that could come out too. dead honest i want that revealed more than Nina and Sonny's stupid google eye love affair. Sonny chose not to investigate his past because he was too butt hurt they weren't looking for him, and then decided he didn't want anything to do with his past anyway so it didn't even matter if his family was looking for him or not. He CHOSE his family to be Phyllis, Lenny and Nina. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'd love to see them completely wreck Carly, even if I knew she would ultimately build her way back up. Have her go batshit over Sonny and Nina, with no Jason to talk her down. Have her try to shoot Nina but hit Willow instead...in the uterus. Then have her even more unhinged over alienation from Michael.

If I have to see her at least four days a week anyway (which I will, 'cause Laura Wright thinks vacation is just a song by the Go-Go's), at least let her be something other than smug. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

So, I guess we're finally gonna find out why Esme has been incessantly campaigning for this getaway. (although idk if Spencer can leave the jurisdiction if he's on some kind of parole/probation).

And my memory is fuzzy, how many hours of community service did Cam do for almost buying drugs vs Spencer for setting his stepmother's car on fire? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So I’m a little late posting this but what in the ever loving bluedilly fuck was Sam wearing at Alexis’ house? Was she channeling her inner Elvira? Or Stevie Nicks? That thing was beyond hideous and combined with the bright red lipstick and her jet black hair, did her no favors. KeMo is an attractive woman but the way they dress her on this show is outrageously bad. Did she piss off someone in hair, makeup and makeup and wardrobe?

The lipstick bothered me more than the dress. That shade was not nice at all. I think that the dress would have been better if it was a different color.

And if you really want to see hideous and outrageously expensive clothes then my recommendation is Emily in Paris. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sonny chose not to investigate his past because he was too butt hurt they weren't looking for him

How would he know anyone was looking for him if he wasn't also looking for them? To expect anyone to come to Nixon Falls deliberately looking for him is ridiculous. The whole story is beyond idiotic, but certain parts of it are so galactically stupid that it boggles my mind.

And I guess we're just going to gloss over the fact he was on that dumb bridge because he couldn't let Julian leave PC and stay away forever. No, he had to kill him.

Sonny is such an infant when it comes to men who threaten his perceived superiority, and I don't mean only in the bidness.

58 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And my memory is fuzzy, how many hours of community service did Cam do for almost buying drugs vs Spencer for setting his stepmother's car on fire? 

Cam did 10 years of community service. Or at least it sure felt that long. He also had probation, didn't he? For a noncrime, Cam got screwed, and I wish he'd remind Spencer that Spencer IS getting a good deal for actually committing a crime. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

When Michael said he could not think of anything worse (than Nina keeping amnesiac Sonny from them) I thought immediately of how his child was kept from him.  But it figures that Michael would think not having Sonny, even one that doesn't know him, is worse than not having his own child.

It is nice that in Soap World lawyers can appear in any state without a pesky new bar exam.  It seems Scott can appear in PA courts no problem.  Maybe he went through the process to take advantage of the reciprocity with PA and NY bars.  Naw, he can just appear wherever he wants to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Fun fact: you can get permission to represent a client in a specific case in a state where you're not admitted to the bar ... IF a lawyer admitted in that state works on the case with you and agrees to basically supervise you during the course of the case.  And if the judge allows it (they usually do, unless you have a record of disciplinary action).  🤓

• Useful 5
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How would he know anyone was looking for him if he wasn't also looking for them? To expect anyone to come to Nixon Falls deliberately looking for him is ridiculous. The whole story is beyond idiotic, but certain parts of it are so galactically stupid that it boggles my mind.

And speaking of stupid, let us not forget that Phyllis spent a lot of Nixon Falls time trying to matchmake Nina and Sonny EVEN THOUGH HE HAD A WEDDING RING (!!) and now she's developed selective amnesia about that and is telling Nina to get far away from Smike with no acknowledgement at all about how she pushed them together. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, ybrik said:

I think I would prefer a triangle with Spencer/Trina/Cam. 

Any storyline is improved immediately without the inclusion of Carly Jr.

6 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I'd love to see them completely wreck Carly, even if I knew she would ultimately build her way back up. Have her go batshit over Sonny and Nina, with no Jason to talk her down. Have her try to shoot Nina but hit Willow instead...in the uterus. Then have her even more unhinged over alienation from Michael.

That would at least be something different than Carly immediately--and smugly--winning.  And, yes, without Mr. Fix-It/Take A Deep Breath around, whose she going to go screeching to? 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Any storyline is improved immediately without the inclusion of Carly Jr.

That would at least be something different than Carly immediately--and smugly--winning.  And, yes, without Mr. Fix-It/Take A Deep Breath around, whose she going to go screeching to? 

Everyone in town - and the next town over, too!  Please, writers, give Carly a vacation.  I can't take much more of Snarly SheBeast.

• Love 8

Just a general complaint: Every other soap had a new holiday episode today. GH, which was a day behind not too long ago, has a rerun, and yesterday it was already the 26th in Port Charles.  It would have been nice if they could have ended the week with something a little more holiday-ish. I still miss the older Christmas Eve episodes, even if the carol singers were a bit annoying. 

And on a more positive note, Happy Holidays to all here, as you celebrate whatever you choose. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

that's the thing.  like he knows he was found in a river. So logically if you were in a river - wouldn't you assume that maybe people thought you drowned and that's why they weren't looking for you. Nope, nope. it was "they didn't love me enough to find me so screw'em." Sonny had agency here. He chose time again not to search for his family because he didn't care. And he's too chicken crap to tell his wife who loves being a mob moll the truth: When he had amnesia he didn't like the idea that he was a bad person. He felt at peace for the first time in his life. He didn't care about his past because he loved his life as it was (now/then). Him and nina falling in love quite frankly is the sprinkles and cherry on that whole truth sundae.  when this blows up, it's gonna be about them being being in love, where it should be Sonny giving zero craps about his family, and this life he spent years cultivating. or rather there is a big part of him that feels that way and they need to address it because Carly adores that life. Like the show took pains to show. she gets turned on when Sonny goes gangster. She wants no part in gentle, soft Mike (you know with quasi violent tendencies). 

4 hours ago, rur said:

And speaking of stupid, let us not forget that Phyllis spend a lot of Nixon Falls time trying to match-make Nina and Sonny EVEN THOUGH HE HAD A WEDDING RING (!!) and now she's developed selective amnesia about that and is telling Nina to get far away from Smike with no acknowledgement at all about how she pushed them together. 

right? like. like Phyllis gave zero craps about the wedding ring it was like. go on go make eyes at people here. then Go get it on with Nina. I mean i know they are friends again now but like i remember when she's like oh you knew? Like Phyllis you coulda known too if you, you know, made an effort. 

but anyway. i think it's kinda dumb we didn't get our Christmas story but i wanna wish you guys a very Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate :)

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, rur said:

Just a general complaint: Every other soap had a new holiday episode today. GH, which was a day behind not too long ago, has a rerun, and yesterday it was already the 26th in Port Charles.  It would have been nice if they could have ended the week with something a little more holiday-ish. I still miss the older Christmas Eve episodes, even if the carol singers were a bit annoying. 

And on a more positive note, Happy Holidays to all here, as you celebrate whatever you choose. 

I just wish when they had reruns they would have older reruns.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's the thing.  like he knows he was found in a river. So logically if you were in a river - wouldn't you assume that maybe people thought you drowned and that's why they weren't looking for you. Nope, nope.

Did he know that. I don't Ghost Mike lured Sonny away from the river and Sonny woke up in the snow away from the river.

8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Did he know that. I don't Ghost Mike lured Sonny away from the river and Sonny woke up in the snow away from the river.

okay, I'll amend. 
you were found in the middle of nowhere in the forest. logically being in the cold/snow for that long not even wearing a jacket, you'd assume the worse.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Fun fact: you can get permission to represent a client in a specific case in a state where you're not admitted to the bar ... IF a lawyer admitted in that state works on the case with you and agrees to basically supervise you during the course of the case.  And if the judge allows it (they usually do, unless you have a record of disciplinary action).  🤓

Not quite. It’s called being admitted pro hac vice. The attorney admitted in that state has to be local counsel. The one not admitted-and representing the client-can do so, but local counsel has to also be present in all court hearings, trials, etc.

Local counsel doesn’t have to “supervise”, if you will.

• Useful 2
On 12/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, mostlylurking said:

It was funny that Martin was still wearing the Santa suit but why wouldn’t he wear his own clothes?   I can see Lucy having to wear the previous day’s clothes but weren’t they in Martin’s hotel room??

He wore the suit in support of Lucy who had to wear her day before dress. Such gallantry! :-)

I really liked seeing the Tad twinkle and smile again and enjoyed Martin and Lucy living it up.

I had to catch up on the last eps, so my comments are all over the place, but I’m beyond annoyed that Sasha, after a cesarian and the loss of her son, had to suffer being taken to Sonny’s for a “fun” Christmas celebration. Who in their right mind would think this was a good idea?! Yuck. The end scene with her and Brando was nice, but would’ve been better in their own home.

It was nonetheless nice to see Monica and gorgeous Bailey.

And Victor/Liesl were quite good. I hope she didn’t put a target on Scott’s back by telling Vic he’s more dangerous than he looks. Hmm...

Speaking of looks, I agree @mostlylurking, Scott looked great in suit/sunglasses.

Happy Holidays to all!!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cam did 10 years of community service. Or at least it sure felt that long. He also had probation, didn't he?

And drug counseling. 

I just watched the clip (from almost three years ago, with Alexis practicing law, Franco alive, and Billy Miller playing Drew). The judge doesn't actually give an amount of hours. She just says "appropriate community service."

Alexis had made a point beforehand of saying the judge they should hope not to get is Judge Carson, because she's the strictest, and then that's who they got. Everyone's reaction to the sentence was that he was lucky to have escaped juvenile detention.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, mostlylurking said:

.  It was funny that Martin was still wearing the Santa suit but why wouldn’t he wear his own clothes?   I can see Lucy having to wear the previous day’s clothes but weren’t they in Martin’s hotel room??

When they were coming off the elevator about to have breakfast at the Metro Court, Martin said he kept it on “in solidarity so they could do the walk of shame together...”

I just love him

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Speaking of pissed off BTS people, why is Michael's hair like that? It looks like they're trying to kill off his follicles by suffocating them with grease.

C'mon, Esme, free Cam. Do whatever it takes to get Joss out of his life.

His hair actually looked ok before they were on hiatus last year.  He does have a good head of hair.  However, this haircut is shit.

18 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Joss coming out as gay would be a one-way ticket to Whoville so I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'd be sad to see Esme as a member of the Corinthos plague. I like the actress and the character feels soapy to me. Terrorizing someone is not nice at all but that makes for a far more interesting character than watching Joss be Carly 2.0. 

The problem with the new adult scene* is that they all get along (for now) and that makes for boring soap. At least in the Four Musketeers era, Lucky and Nik started out as not liking or trusting each other with Emily and Liz holding that quartet together. If the show put in the work, they could recreate that early Lucky and Nik dynamic with Cam and Spencer. The foundation is already there - Cam got to grow up with Spencer's family while he was sent off to boarding school. It's too bad the show hasn't established a relationship between Nik and Cam because Spencer could resent Cam for that too. 

*I disagree with the 18-30 age range. 18-24 makes more sense to me. 

Joss as gay?  Yes please.  Then maybe it could turn out that her animosity towards Esme is actually suppressed sexual tension? Joss is unbearable, but a make out scene with her and Esme would be pretty good.  Or Trina.  

5 hours ago, rur said:

Today would have been perfect for one of the older ones!

Christmas at the Quartermain’s.  When Edward, Lila, and Alan were all alive.  On a side note, METV had an episode of the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents that starred a young Robert Duvall.  One of the supporting roles was okayed by David Lewis, who was the original Edward Quartermain from 1978-93.  So that was nice to watch.

• Love 2