Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Good Lord with Jason acting like he had no idea what to do cuz he had never interacted with a child before. ...but to fair, he kinda really hasn't. He probably spent more time with that cute urchin than he has spent with Danny and Scout this year! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn’t have to buy any shampoo for over a year!

You really do save a ton of time and money, though I don't recommend getting cancer. It's much easier to get a very short haircut.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It bothered my family that I was bald so I wore scarves.

I told everyone it was happening so I didn't just spring on everyone over Skype, but my nieces and nephew were a little freaked out at first. My mom was upset because I looked so sick, even though how I felt didn't match. I did get some strange looks in restaurants and stuff, but I didn't care. Not my problem you can't deal!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

They are never going to convince me that this version of Michael is such a catch that anyone would want to make him as their territory. 

I know, right? He seems more desperate than anything else: Must. Have. Girlfriend.

37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

In her defense, it is pretty weird to think of your dad as sexy.

But not to be unaware of his attractiveness to other women.

Do you want to think of your parents as sexual beings? I sure don't. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You really do save a ton of time and money, though I don't recommend getting cancer. It's much easier to get a very short haircut.

I told everyone it was happening so I didn't just spring on everyone over Skype, but my nieces and nephew were a little freaked out at first. My mom was upset because I looked so sick, even though how I felt didn't match. I did get some strange looks in restaurants and stuff, but I didn't care. Not my problem you can't deal!

snip

Do you want to think of your parents as sexual beings? I sure don't. 

1. I had my wigs when I went to work. Then when they started itching, I stopped wearing them. And my mom told me my head looked like my dad’s when she came over to help me during the chemo.

2. Well, no, but I’ve always thought my dad was handsome and my mom beautiful and when I saw their pictures when they were younger, thought Dad was REALLY handsome! That’s the place I was coming from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jesus Lord, Wiley has no chance but to grow up to be just like Spencer, ie an obnoxious brat.  And Sasha's correct response when Michael said--to her asking to come home and check on the kid with him--"I don't want to ruin your night," was "you already have."  God, how does he have two women seemingly foaming at the mouth for him.  

Also, "Love Actually" actually isn't about 'people in love with the wrong people,' writers.  If you want to drop an anvil on my head, at least put some effort into it.

Cam looked so cute with his not-bald buzzcut.  I'm actually OK with the way the girls were treating the decision, as I could see teenagers thinking it was a HUGE IMPORTANT decision.  And I thought Franco's reaction to it was very sweet.

I'm not a huge Britt fan--though she's growing on me--but I'm not sure I want her saddled with Jason.  However, SBu seems to actually be putting in an effort in their scenes in a way he hasn't with KeMo since his return.  Make of that what you will.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve always thought my dad was handsome and my mom beautiful and when I saw their pictures when they were younger, thought Dad was REALLY handsome! That’s the place I was coming from.

Gotcha.

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

So Curtis's new career will be owning a (really dark, depressing) club?  O-kay. 

It'll be the place where people come to cheat.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

After a couple of weeks, I realized I was wearing scarves more for other people than for me, and, besides that, I felt they made me look like Stevie Van Zandt. So I just stopped wearing them and went everywhere bald.  It was quite freeing, actually, and considerably easier.

I do think the storyline is a bit of an indication about the writers, though. Apparently they have no idea what shaving one's head when one's hair starts to all out really entails, and apparently they have no idea that people in the audience would know from experience. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I get the career change because they were acting like Curtis was a cop and assisting Jordan with investigations but why didn’t they give him the new restaurant instead of a club? Or why didn’t they make it a bar instead? I’m just trying to picture which characters are going to hang out at this club. The younger characters are boring as hell and most of the older characters would be out of place there. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was trying to come up with a response, but @dubbel zout's had me 😂😂, it's so apt.

Can you say hypoooocreeeeeeeeete? I have no problems thinking that, with the wailing reasons she gave TJ when she turned down his proposal.

Nothing like that. She brought up how marriages don't last, even when you love each other and she provided the following examples:

1. Exhibit A- Her mother and Julian

2. Exhibit B-Jaysus and Sam--a couple, mind you, that she thought and waxed overly poetic about being the Mostest Romanticest, awesomest twu wuv stowy EVAH! And look what happened to them!

And perhaps the most impactful, Molly’s parents. There’s also Uncle Sonny’s multiple  divorces, as well as TJ’s parents. 

I’m actually surprised more people aren’t marriage averse after growing up surrounded by failed marriages. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I get the career change because they were acting like Curtis was a cop and assisting Jordan with investigations but why didn’t they give him the new restaurant instead of a club? Or why didn’t they make it a bar instead? I’m just trying to picture which characters are going to hang out at this club. The younger characters are boring as hell and most of the older characters would be out of place there. 

I think the actor that plays Curtis wants to be like Luke Spencer, so maybe they gave him a clud so he can be the cool dude running the place.

The Quad can be awkward at the club. If they are not drinking, Cam, Joss and Trini could be partying at the club once they graduate high school and summer story time.

The little girl patient was so cute and adorable, but who letting this small child walk the corridors of GH by herself.

Michael plays chess? Excuse me while I laugh in disbelief.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Like, I get they wanted Cam cutting off his hair to be a touching moment, but it left me scratching my head. Maybe high school now is different from what it was like in 2002? Most guys I knew would shave their hair off when it spring training season started and it wasn't a big deal. Two months from now and he'll have hair again.

I also laughed when Trini said the girls at school would be pissed at her for cutting off his beautiful locks. I'm like, "What girls? We NEVER see any other classmates because the budget can't afford it." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

I could barely see the actors or the set. That’s how dark it was. I know they’re trying to go for hip and trendy but you can still use lightening. I think that’s why they have people who work in the lighting department. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Good Lord with Jason acting like he had no idea what to do cuz he had never interacted with a child before. ...but to fair, he kinda really hasn't. He probably spent more time with that cute urchin than he has spent with Danny and Scout this year! 

Actually, I think he acted fine with the child.  He immediately gave her a gift when she was told they were out of cards (did they not count children before they started handing them out?  If she hadn't been in the bathroom, would some other child have been left out?)  And he spent loads of times with Michael his first year of life.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Must be the go-to career move in PC.

Julian had Charlie's

Mac has The Floating Rib

Carly has The Metro Court (yes, a hotel, not a bar/restaurant specifically)

Lulu has/had The Haunted Star - not that she was ever there after she became a "reporter"

and lets not forget Luke's Club and Kelly's, back in the day.  Did I leave anything off?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

*sigh* they are really going to destroy sweet/simple  Chase/Willow to prop Michael. By all rights he should be a mess, ordering hits at ten, shot his adoptive father's fiancee, got shot in the head, spent nearly a year in a facility, killed his stepmother, went to prison, got raped in prison. Dated a stripper who was suddenly killed by a falling crane, reconnected with his bio-dad only to have that bio-dad murdered by his adoptive father, dated a nurse who was suddenly killed. His fiancee tried to murder him.

His mom has been missing and presumed dead. His uncle  (and one time guardian) has been missing and presumed dead, his adoptive father is currently missing and presumed dead.

How can someone who's been through all that be so damn boring?!?!?!? (I mean, I know its because Sonny and Carly can't be seen to have made bad choices that impact their kids-- but damn).

Was he really gonna watch Love Actually by himself on Valentine's Day, after canceling a date because his kid was fussy? Jezuz!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Carly has The Metro Court (yes, a hotel, not a bar/restaurant specifically)

Carly also ran Club 101 and whatever the hell was in the basement at Kelly's.  The one where Faith had poison in her ring and killed the old lady who was in the Titanic movie. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did Trina forget the fact that her dad is also bald? And that he’s Sexay as all get out?

The way she and Joss were acting, you’d think he was asking them to help him slit his wrists or something.

When I had started chemo, my best friend came to my home and shaved what was left of my hair. I cried for a few minutes. Okay maybe more. But unlike Cam, I was bald and like @dubbel zout said, cut my shower time and also I didn’t have to buy any shampoo for over a year!😅😅

Cam just looks like he got a military cut and those two crying was just so over the top, the only thing I could do was 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And that Joss wouldn’t have done the same? Why am I not surprised? After all, she said now that Cam set the bar “so high” she had to. Seriously? “So high”? She’s probably more apt to hack her hair like her mother over some man. I forget why SheBeast did it-because she thought she had sex with AJ before they actually had it weeks? Months? Later? And it was such a laughably 🙄🙄 scene. AJ’s laughing at her expense was the only enjoyable thing about it.

That made me laugh (and roll my eyes so hard) just how Joss said it "Well I have to now!" like. geeze. 

This isn't anything against Chad Duvell who i am sure is a very lovely person.. but my goodness is he boring and not very attractive  (I mean he is. like in real life i would imagine but i mean Soap-ily, he's no even really doing it for me. he doesn't have that sparkle). 

Why are Carly's children such milquetoast people?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Was he really gonna watch Love Actually by himself on Valentine's Day, after canceling a date because his kid was fussy? Jezuz!

what kind of crappy nanny do they have that she had to call Michael because the kid was crying?  Also, he wasn't crying when they got home so why didn't the nanny call them back and tell them everything was okay, and to enjoy their evening out?

• Love 5

For some reason I am liking Jason/Britt. I really don't like any Jason pairings with SB in the role outside of JNR, but I kind of like the vibe between those two. I thought I would never say that about a Jason pairing again.  Like Sam/Dante, it's very obvious where this is going yet I cannot stand watching Sam and Dante whisper talk their way through scenes in their horrible clothing.  Maybe it's just Sam that turns me off to every thing that involves her.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Carly also ran Club 101 and whatever the hell was in the basement at Kelly's.  The one where Faith had poison in her ring and killed the old lady who was in the Titanic movie. 

The Cellar which was literally in the cellar of Kelly’s. The old lady was Faith’s grandmother.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

what kind of crappy nanny do they have that she had to call Michael because the kid was crying?  Also, he wasn't crying when they got home so why didn't the nanny call them back and tell them everything was okay, and to enjoy their evening out?

Doesn’t Michael have a demanding job? Granted we never see him at it but I would figure the kid is used to being alone with the many and with his dad not being around all of the time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hater said:

For some reason I am liking Jason/Britt. I really don't like any Jason pairings with SB in the role outside of JNR, but I kind of like the vibe between those two. I thought I would never say that about a Jason pairing again.  Like Sam/Dante, it's very obvious where this is going yet I cannot stand watching Sam and Dante whisper talk their way through scenes in their horrible clothing.  Maybe it's just Sam that turns me off to every thing that involves her.

I am liking Jason/Britt as well.  I think it helps that Jason has more lines in some scenes with Britt than he has had in full weeks previously (though we’re still getting a number of trademarked long stares/glares just away from the camera).  I’d never noticed this about her before, but KT has chemistry with just about all she shares scenes with these days. 

• Love 9

I can't figure out why Willow is over taking care of Wylie so much. He's got a fulltime nanny and Michael and Monica both live there.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

And he spent loads of times with Michael his first year of life.

Jason was very good with Michael. It was nice and fit Carly's story that Jason is better for Michael than AJ would be.

Unfortunately he's not good with his own children.

3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Was he really gonna watch Love Actually by himself on Valentine's Day, after canceling a date because his kid was fussy?

Somehow this really sums up Michael.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ok, am I the only one thinking they're heading down a Anna/Valentin, Finn/Alexis road here?  Both couples had good scenes today.  Both couples being all "I"m there for you'.  Both couples holding hands with some intensity.  I for one would be all over it because I think those two couples work better together than Anna/Finn and I don't think Valentin/Nina works anymore and Alexis has no one.  

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't figure out why Willow is over taking care of Wylie so much.

Technically, she's his mother since she adopted him, so it would be weird if she wasn't over there taking care of her child.  

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Doesn’t Michael have a demanding job?

Technically, he's the CEO of Aurora but since no one knows exactly what that company does and it only gets mentioned one a year for plot point, he's got lots of time to hang around the house, playing with his two year old.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't figure out why Willow is over taking care of Wylie so much.

Technically, she's his mother since she adopted him, so it would be weird if she wasn't over there taking care of her child.  

Even if she wasn't his mother, Wiley is the bestest baby who ever babied, and everyone must fall at his feet and find him irresistible and want to take care of him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Even if she wasn't his mother, Wiley is the bestest baby who ever babied, and everyone must fall at his feet and find him irresistible and want to take care of him.

It could also be Willow missing the original Wiley. My sister used to have a nanny for her daughter, but ended up taking care all the time because she wanted to.

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm not a fan of Michael's, and Willow's annoying me now, and Wylie does eat the show, but saying that, I loved the final scene with them showing up at Nina's office and the look on Nina's face.  That's soapy goodness.  

I liked it, too, and little Wiley doing his wave at Nina was very cute.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hater said:

It's way less clunky so far than Sam and Dante who have become besties in a month after hardly having two words to say to each other for ten years. Britt and Jason started having scenes before Jasam broke up and they have a plot so far. I think Britt is kinda two dimensional but so far Britt and Jason are written better, but it figures since the writers are Britt fans and SB's contract has high minimums.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, AuxArx said:

and little Wiley doing his wave at Nina was very cute.

Twitter had a behind the scenes video about a week ago of the twins who play Wylie and it was their birthday.  Actors who play Willow, Michael and Nina were all there, celebrating with them and thier cake.   I guess that probably helps with the connection between the kids and CW that we see now.  

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Ok, am I the only one thinking they're heading down a Anna/Valentin, Finn/Alexis road here?  Both couples had good scenes today.  Both couples being all "I"m there for you'.  Both couples holding hands with some intensity.  I for one would be all over it because I think those two couples work better together than Anna/Finn and I don't think Valentin/Nina works anymore and Alexis has no one.  

maybe, but I think they are flirting with Martin and Alexis too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I hope Britt doesn't get killed off, she's fun and sparkly.  And  I'm with Britt, Obrecht looked fabulous (unlike Nina who looked awful in that dress and needs to trim her straggling hair).

I agree with Nina, Carly was happy to have a chance to unload her anger. "I don't care" snarls Carly when Jax tells her that Nina will be upset.

I think that Alexis and Finn have great friends chemistry.  But I think that would be ruined if they got together. I like Martin better for Alexis, Alexis/Finn has heart but Alexis/Martin sparks.

30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Michael is renovating the gate house so that Wylie can sit at an island in the kitchen. Maybe that's why Willow is always at the main house, the gate house is unsafe for Wiley with all the construction.

• Love 4

What changed Jax's mind to be nice to Alexis for a change? 

I loved Liesl knowing she's a boss in that outfit. Of course she is! I guess Curtis's soon-to-be-new-enterprise is the place to hang now. Frank really wants to get his money's worth out of a fugly set.

Nina's dress was an excellent day dress. I'd wear it in a heartbeat.

I guess now if everything isn't about Sonny and/or Carly, it's about Wiley. That said, his little wave to Nina was adorable.

Have the scales finally fallen from Anna's eyes about Peter? I certainly hope so.

Ugh, avenging Olivia tomorrow.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh! That's what I forgot to mention yesterday! 

Maybe now that he's no longer Nina's "White Knight" and doesn't have to try and balance the lies, he has time to remember Alexis? Or maybe viewers bombarded Hack!Frank to do something? I don't know that he cares, but there is history there, that was massacred. Who knows?

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lol I think it was more for his benefit. He needed someone to talk to now that he and Nina are done and the only other person he regularly shares scenes with is Carly. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope Britt doesn't get killed off, she's fun and sparkly.  And  I'm with Britt, Obrecht looked fabulous (unlike Nina who looked awful in that dress and needs to trim her straggling hair).

I am loving Britt and would love to see more of her. But I guess I would rather her be dead then have to see more of Jason. Unless she calls Jason on his shit everyday. But who else could they put Britt with. Dante? He is too short. Chase? OMG she would eat him alive. Curtis? that could be good.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Britt has been great and Obrecht going to snoop around Maxie's place in that outfit was A+.

Alexis/Finn scenes were good. Anna/Val scenes were good.

Peter is still the schmuckiest schmuck to ever schmuck. And put on a shirt!

Why is Willow the voice of reason about Nina and Wylie getting to meet? What, Michael? Are you hesitating because your mommy didn't tell you they could?

Carly has only one look, smug. 

I didn't care for the Jax/Alexis scene. Alexis has been having a hard time and he didn't bother with her. But oh, there she is and he needs a sounding board, enter Alexis! Die, Jax!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't care for the Jax/Alexis scene. Alexis has been having a hard time and he didn't bother with her. But oh, there she is and he needs a sounding board, enter Alexis! Die, Jax!

Neither did I. Because it wasn’t about him seeing her to ask her how she’s doing and was there anything he could do to help, OR to apologize for being BLIND for what she was going through. No. It was all about him and what he could do to save SHEBEAST’s Craven ASS.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Oh, dare I hope?

Dare I believe?

That Anna is finally seeing Heinrik for who he is?

And will Obrecht open the letter from Dimitri and take it for herself?

While I loathe Obrecht, Kathleen Gatti looked AMAZING and totally rocking that Fedora!!

• Love 4
On 2/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, Katy M said:

they could use a skullcap, or whatever it's called, and then he wouldn't have had to cut his hair at all.

Yes, but just imagine the crappy version of a bald cap this low-rent show would use. I picture a definite visible line and skin tones that don’t quite match. Then we would all be asking, Why is Cameron wearing a condom on his head?

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I really like Anna and Finn, but I have to admit I totally read those scenes the same way. I hope we're both wrong, though because again I really like Anna/Finn, prefer Finn and Alexis as friends and I'm really vibing to the idea of Alexis and Martin.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I really like Anna and Finn, but I have to admit I totally read those scenes the same way. I hope we're both wrong, though because again I really like Anna/Finn, prefer Finn and Alexis as friends and I'm really vibing to the idea of Alexis and Martin.

I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I liked their scenes today but they’re always like that. To me, it feels more like Finn replaced the Jax role in Alexis’ life than it leading to anything romantic. That kind of dialogue and being affectionate was definitely something that Jax would have been doing if this was a few years ago. Though maybe I’m wrong because they also had an emotional Anna/Valentin scene today. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

To me, it feels more like Finn replaced the Jax role in Alexis’ life than it leading to anything romantic. That kind of dialogue and being affectionate was definitely something that Jax would have been doing if this was a few years ago.

Yes. Finn was a friend. Jax did the polite and then it was all about him and what he should do for Carly and Nina.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Willow the voice of reason about Nina and Wylie getting to meet? What, Michael? Are you hesitating because your mommy didn't tell you they could?

Seriously.  You could almost see it on his face when Willow suggested it ("oh, what will mom think?").  I'm hoping she makes an ass of herself and throws a tantrum when she does find it, including repeating, several times, how Nina confronted her "when I was burying my husband." 

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly has only one look, smug. 

She's such a snot. 

• Love 10

Dang it, my hopes of the evil truth about Peter blowing up in Anna's obtuse face at the altar were dashed by Valentin having a hushed conversation with her. But hey, that's just as good and juicy and dramatic. NOT!

• Love 1