Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A quick wikipedia search says that her biological father is a man named Gordon Grey who was married to a Florence Grey??? 

Lesley had an affair with Gordon Grey, which produced Laura.  Except Lesley was told the baby died at birth and Laura was switched and raised by the Vinings, until years later when Lesley found her.

Maybe Cyrus is her half-brother, lol.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, statsgirl said:

Lulu's Christmas light headcap will never not be funny. They sell those lights at my local hardware store although you have to attach them to the cap yourself.

Now we know where Lucas was during all that time he was offscreen -- he was becoming an "excellent neurosurgeon". I guess someone else is going to have to be the hospital's ER doc.

Great scenes between Ava and Julian. Good soap. Kudos to both actors and writers.

Sonny "let pass" that Julian held a knife to Alexis' throat but this is too much. Sonny Corinthos, judge, jury and executioner. The more the show tries to show how tough he is, the more he looks like a fading matinee actor.

Thank you show for letting Sonny keep Julian alive.  Is Julian going to be on the run with Nelle now?

Why are there torches burning in the sconces outside Wyndermere?  Did Nikolas forget to put in electric lighting?

The Curtis actor doesn't actually speak Spanish, does he?

Yes! He's not as tall, but the same kind of dark hair and sharp features.

Well since it took Lucas less than a year to become not only a neurologist, but actual neurosurgeon, I’m sure Elizabeth can pick up the ER physician slack in a week or two.  How ridiculous. 

With this type of miracle, Molly should be running for DA or even judge by spring. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lesley had an affair with Gordon Grey, which produced Laura.  Except Lesley was told the baby died at birth and Laura was switched and raised by the Vinings, until years later when Lesley found her.

I don't know that Cyrus is. I think he will be the son of Gordon's wife. Martin, though, I think he will turn out to be Laura's half-brother. I think Martin and Cyrus share the same mother, but he and Laura share the same father.

So the writers seem to have gone this far back in GH history. I wonder if they had Cyrus spinning his wheels due to Genie's absence since the story can't happen without her.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Even if Jason wasn't in the mob there was a bomb

But the bomb was aimed at Jason.  If Jason weren't in the mob, fellow mobster Cyrus would not have put the target on his back.  So, ergo the bomb is Cyrus, Jason and Sonny's fault, with an assist from Julian.  

• Love 12

I have my issues w/Sam, but Carly was a massive hypocrite today. Didn't she make Sonny sign over his rights to Morgan when Michael was shot in the head? And wasn't she screaming about guns and violence and throwing guns into the river/harbor a few years ago? And didn't she accuse Sonny of blowing up Morgan? She dumped him IIRC.

Carly is acting like she's always been the perfect mob wife. She hasn't! Just like everyone else, she's had moments where the "danger" is too much and she wants to get out to protect her kids. I have no idea why she was acting like Sam should just suck it up. Let's see what happens when Donna is blown up or targeted? Will Carly be A-OK, or will she throw a fit like she did when she thought Sonny had accidentally blown up Morgan! She sure wasn't understanding about that situation! All I'm saying is she needs to come off her high horse! 

They just need to end JaSam. I personally think JaSam should end since Sam and her children are not on Jason's priority list at all, but if they want to end it b/c of the "violence," that's fine w/me . . . . as long as the relationship ends! 

Edited by lala2
Michael was shot in the head not blown up. LOL!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And please, Sam, stop pretending like Scout is Jason's daughter. She's not.

She has to. Drew was willing to quit the mob for Sam and the kids. She has to forget that or the cognitive dissonance would blow what brains cells she has left.

Carly is acting like a reformed smoker. No one has ever been as loyal mob wifey as she is.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I have my issues w/Sam, but Carly was a massive hypocrite today. Didn't she make Sonny sign over his rights to Morgan when Michael was shot in the head?

When Carly and Sonny were in the limo to take Michael to the long-term care facility, she screwed Sonny and then asked/told him to sign over his rights to Morgan, and then she sent Morgan away to school under a different last name for his own safety.

Carly is usually a hypocrite, but what makes that not so relevant here in my opinion is that everything she said to Sam is really about her friendship with Jason - what she wants for him and for herself. She wants Jason to have what she thinks he deserves: a woman devoted to him, and children who adore him. She doesn't now, nor has she ever, given a damn about Sam's feelings or the kids' safety (hers or Sam's). Carly will always be obsessed with keeping the life, power and money flow steady that she has with Jason and Sonny. If she ever was truly invested in the kids' safety, she never would have gotten back together with Sonny after tween Michael got shot in the head. She justifies her marriage to Sonny now with "well, it wasn't Sonny's bomb that killed Morgan."

Aside from sex, Carly is much more like a spouse to Jason than Sam is. Jason talks to Carly about things. There are other examples, like when Anna asked him about his sizes in clothes, his response was, "Ask Carly." Jason also mentioned he offered an art camp to Jake because Carly found out about it and suggested it to him for Jake.  Carly thinks Jason was an amazing father to Michael, and is the perfect father for his own sons and Scout. She wants Sam to just shut up and keep the status quo, because she doesn't want Jason's happiness/life disrupted, or her and Sonny's life disrupted by Jason having personal problems that would take his attention away from them. She also knows that Michael will always be the #1 kid in Jason's life, not Jason's own bio sons or Scout. 

What actually sounded like utter b.s. to me was Josslyn mentioning helping Dev with college apps. I get that it was supposed to show "Dev was thinking about the future" but I don't buy for one second that a kid who has a false identity and no school records from before age 16, who wanted to work for Sonny instead of attend high school, would be applying to colleges let alone excited about it.  I don't recall that he ever said one word of enthusiasm about any academics. This reminds me of Carly and Sonny retconning their mutual memories of Morgan growing up, when the truth was he lived with Carly and Jax as a child and then went away to school until age 19.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What actually sounded like utter b.s. to me was Josslyn mentioning helping Dev with college apps. I get that it was supposed to show "Dev was thinking about the future" but I don't buy for one second that a kid who has a false identity and no school records from before age 16, who wanted to work for Sonny instead of attend high school, would be applying to colleges let alone excited about it. 

Maybe he was just pretending to be excited about it so that he could spend more time with Joss.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

The writing for Sam the last several years has been awful, but the way she's being written right now would make me think she's leaving the show if I didn't know better (I think KeMo is a lifer and will never leave on her own steam).  She's spent the last few years not only defending Jason's ~lifestyle, but being an active participant in shady and illegal acts.  Suddenly she's getting unflattering close-ups of her ~worried face and bemoaning his life of crime.  Criminy...

Also, if Cyrus is responsible for the GH vending machines having those GIANT chocolate bars maybe he's not all that bad. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What actually sounded like utter b.s. to me was Josslyn mentioning helping Dev with college apps.

Seriously. I don't think Dev would have been at all interested in college. You know Sonny and Carly wouldn't push him, either. Maybe Brando might, but he's just the fake dad. 

22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, if Cyrus is responsible for the GH vending machines having those GIANT chocolate bars maybe he's not all that bad.

They look like Mr. Goodbars, so points deducted for that. Where are the giant Snickers bars?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I've seen similar speculations about Cyrus and/or Tad Martin Grey being connected to Laura's history, possibly being her half-brothers, etc.  And what I keep thinking is - if that's the case, what a waste to make them these villains that will surely be dispatched instead of building off those new family branches.  Like the wasted potential to build out from Pat Spencer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. I don't think Dev would have been at all interested in college. You know Sonny and Carly wouldn't push him, either. Maybe Brando might, but he's just the fake dad. 

They hinted that Dev was well read or at least had some knowledge of some books the others were working on for school. I think Dev was quickly disabused of the idea that he was going to join Sonny's organization, so he was immerse in the whole teen scene with the Joss and Co. who were all spending the past few months doing normal teen stuff like going to dances and planning for college.

• Love 2

I found it ominous that former serial killer Franco was craving a Mr. Goodbar. 😉 

Laura has been connected to two Greys -- her bio father Gordon Grey*, and David Grey, the evil hypnotist from the Haunted Star days. But neither of them had anything to do with the David Hamilton case, if I'm remembering correctly. 

*Looking at past wikis, the mention of Florence Grey would make it obvious we're going to be doing something with Laura's bio dad. I didn't realize Gordon and Florence were actually on the show for a year or so. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Laura has been connected to two Greys -- her bio father Gordon Grey, and David Grey, the evil hypnotist from the Haunted Star days. But neither of them had anything to do with the David Hamilton case, if I'm remembering correctly. 

Yeah, that's right, they didn't.  Gordon Grey was not on the show when she killed David and David Grey was years later, in a storyline I barely remember, because it was so bad.

4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I found it ominous that former serial killer Franco was craving a Mr. Goodbar.

HAHAHA!  If he suggests a Diane Keaton movie marathon Elizabeth better run!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Like the wasted potential to build out from Pat Spencer.

That really bugged me. The Spencer that gets mentioned casually once in 40 years (when Bobbie briefly told a friend that she and Luke had a Sister "in New York") and when we finally do see Pat, she's killed off in less than a month for no good reason.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I found it ominous that former serial killer Franco was craving a Mr. Goodbar. 😉 

It's been about, what, about 40 years, and that movie still freaks me out.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The writing for Sam the last several years has been awful, but the way she's being written right now would make me think she's leaving the show if I didn't know better (I think KeMo is a lifer and will never leave on her own steam).  She's spent the last few years not only defending Jason's ~lifestyle, but being an active participant in shady and illegal acts.  Suddenly she's getting unflattering close-ups of her ~worried face and bemoaning his life of crime.  Criminy...

I kind of feel that way too. (That she could possibly be leaving/written off in the next few months.) Like the chances are slim but it could be.

I thought it was weird when Sam asked Carly what she told her kids when they were Danny's age. Sam was so enmeshed in the Sonny/Carly/Jason sphere for most of that time, but you'd think Carly was a much more recent acquaintance. I hope she isn't looking at the way Carly brought up Michael as a guide. He was ordering his mother out of her own home and asking Jason to kill people for him when he was younger than Danny is now. Then he got shot in the head.

I knew Carly wasn't going to be honest and remind us of that regrettable scene in which she told Michael that Jason and Sonny were like soldiers.

Franco's never really going to work for me, and I feel like the writers' need to push back constantly against the negative history of the character makes them write him in a boring, edge-less way, and it even inhibits the actor's performance. (Does he ever even raise his voice anymore? He has this "children's TV show host" sound all the time.) But William Lipton and Roger Howarth are good together.  

Talking of forgotten stories: When Liz and [Martin] had that interaction about his having been Franco's lawyer when Franco had Drew's memories, I really had to search my own memories. It's strange that I remembered Shiloh kidnapping Cameron, and Franco sacrificing himself to save Cameron, but I had blocked out so much that followed, and it wasn't even that long ago. I guess it didn't have much impact.

Edit: Lawyer character's name.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Talking of forgotten stories: When Liz and Tad had that interaction about his having been Franco's lawyer when Franco had Drew's memories, I really had to search my own memories. It's strange that I remembered Shiloh kidnapping Cameron, and Franco sacrificing himself to save Cameron, but I had blocked out so much that followed, and it wasn't even that long ago. I guess it didn't have much impact.

It doesn't have any impact because it was the last time the show put Franco's life in danger and had Liz have to worry about him. So that the audience would care about him. Well I am sorry but for me, I DON"T CARE. I didn't care the first time nor 4th or 5th time that Franco the serial killer almost died. If the show want to have a different outcome (Franco dies), then I will be all for it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

But William Lipton and Roger Howarth are good together.  

I was just thinking this! RoHo does a nice job letting Lipton do his thing. I like the relationship Cam and Franco have, only I wish it wasn't Franco.

Also, LOL at the ominous FS/LWB voice in Franco's head. Can we please end this dumb story once and for all? 

• Love 10

I was inexplicably charmed by the Finn/Anna/Peter/Maxie scenes especially when Maxie checked with Anna that she actually wanted the changes to their wedding that Finn wanted and Peter's "Quick question, am I still invited?" made me smile.  I do wonder why the GH writers made Alex evil when she was actually rather awesome on AMC, but I guess they thought the classic evil twin story was a better fit to the show?

Lulu's send off was very emotional and I believe that Charlotte loved her mom and called Nina because she was genuinely scared and I also think that Valentin may not have been Lulu's biggest fan, he never wanted her hurt or killed--he's just bad at sharing.

I like how Martin and Cyrus are linked but they don't seem too fond of each other and good for Curtis for paying attention to the last name of Grey--I wonder how this all ties to Laura?

• Love 7

Curtis: Laura, you can talk to me.

Laura: David Hamilton seduced me when I was a teenager . . . A Florence Grey was married to my biological father, Gordon Grey . . . Laura talks some more about her messed up life, bio father told mom that I was dead . . . talks some more . . .

Curtis: Sorry I said anything *Backs away slowly. Hits the elevator button repeatedly* 

STFU, Snarly! Taggert kept going after your husband because he is a CRIMINAL. Sonny is a thug in a Men's Warehouse suit, instead of a track suit. She makes my head hurt. 

I didn't think we'd see Julian or WdV again, but I was wrong. I liked that he was sort of back to his old scummy self instead of the sniveling weasel the writers turned him into. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't think we'd see Julian or WdV again,

This caught me by surprise too, so kudos to the show for that.  I thought the last we'd see of him would be on the side of the river.  Loved that he blackmailed Martin with the picture (I'm assuming of him and Cyrus), who tried to blackmail him back with Nelle's letter, only to have Julian point out that Sonny will not take kindly to Martin knowing the truth and not saying anything.  That is the Julian that's been missing through this.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

only to have Julian point out that Sonny will not take kindly to Martin knowing the truth and not saying anything. 

Martin is covered by attorney-client privilege, not that that would mollify Sonny. But it wasn't for reasons as selfish as Julian's, even though Julian did it for his kid, something Sonny should understand but won't, because it's Julian. Sonny's the only one who loves and protects his kids, you know.

Not much action in this ep, but I did like hearing Laura tell Curtis about her history. I didn't watch GH then—or if I did, all of this is long enough ago I remember nothing—so I enjoyed this.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They should've given us flashbacks. I think that would've helped...

I don't think it would have helped, but I sure do think it would have been better, because could Curtis act more like he didn't give a shit with his flat, no affect responses to the trauma Laura suffered?

Plus, like @dubbel zout,  I wasn't watching then, and I can't find the episodes on YouTube, so flashbacks would have been nice.

Oh just STFU AND DIAFF, SHEBEAST!!!!! Acting as if she and Mooby were pillars of the community instead of the wannabe mafia don he wanted to be and was a fucking, bloody criminal. I nearly choked at her line about the "dirty long arm of the law" that was  always "after her and her family." BITCH, you didn't have a family except for that red headed spawn, who was just a baby back then.

Under better writers (Who?), I'd like to think Taggert would have ripped her a new one. I just had to fast forward after that.

I hate that Lesley can't be a part of Laura's story. It would just enrich everything.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't think we'd see Julian or WdV again, but I was wrong. I liked that he was sort of back to his old scummy self instead of the sniveling weasel the writers turned him into. 

Now I believe there is going to be a Who Done It because the list of people wanting Julian dead is growing. I won't be surprise if we find his dead body soon.

23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The writing for Sam the last several years has been awful, but the way she's being written right now would make me think she's leaving the show if I didn't know better (I think KeMo is a lifer and will never leave on her own steam). 

I tend to agree. Before Sam went into that bizarre dream-state watching Brando and Carly the other day, I thought they were just setting her up for a new pairing. Now it does kinda seem like she's on the way out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Now I believe there is going to be a Who Done It because the list of people wanting Julian dead is growing. I won't be surprise if we find his dead body soon.

As long as he is not found dead in bed next to drunk Alexis.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Lets hope not.  I like WDv and he got the short end of the stick here.  I want Julian to just disapear and maybe reapear a year or two from now.

9 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

As long as he is not found dead in bed next to drunk Alexis.  

Ok, I read this as "Ava" and was all ewwww, that's his sister.  Than I put my glasses on.  Phew!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

STFU, Snarly! Taggert kept going after your husband because he is a CRIMINAL.

"Let's not re-litigate history."  Oh, do fuck off, Mama Mafia Wife.  There's nothing Taggart said that is up for discussion: he was a police officer who was "relentlessly going after" a man who is a criminal.  That's, ya know, the whole purpose of his job. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Loved that he blackmailed Martin with the picture (I'm assuming of him and Cyrus)

I thought the photo was shown in an episode a while back, possibly when Julian was looking for Nelle's letter?  I thought it was a black and white photo of a woman?  Anyone with a better memory recall this?

Cyrus has become quite the town gossip, running around blabbing that Julian planted the bomb and Taggert is still alive. If only he would tell Nina that Nelle is her daughter. 

Hope we do see WDv again, he really got shafted these last few years. 

There are no words in the English language to describe my hatred for Carly. 

• Love 11

so basically this use of Laura's history is just a way of absolving Sonny and his mob of any responsibility, Cyrus' existance, and presence in Port Charles is all Laura's fault, because of something she did at the age of 17. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

so basically this use of Laura's history is just a way of absolving Sonny and his mob of any responsibility, Cyrus' existance, and presence in Port Charles is all Laura's fault, because of something she did at the age of 17. 

Like I said, FV likes to rape GH history. 

• Love 1

It took me a long time to conclusively agree, but now I do -- not only are Michael and Willow chemistry-free, they manage to stop dead any momentum the show may have on any given day. 

We all know Michael and Sasha will never get back together, but I'd sure love for her to mention to Michael how much Carly appreciated what she and Chase had done. After all that outrage that Michael and Willow expressed today, I'd like to see a little of it directed at Carly for knowing the truth all along. 

There was some good soapy stuff with Nik and Ava today, but I wish they'd just let Julian die on the rocks rather than having him being thrown under that fleet of buses that will probably all back up to run him over again. 

• Love 4

Darn these COVID restrictions!!! I wanted to see that NAVA kiss! 

I love Nava! They quickly became one of my favorite pairings. In all honesty, I've wanted some form of Nava since Ava ran into TC's Nikolas on that airplane. I thought she had great chemistry w/TC and Nick Stabile's Nikolas too. Her chemistry with MC's Nikolas is off the charts, crazy good! They are great together. I loved the ILYs. And while I think they may be a bit soon - I don't care. I like them! They excite me, and there is not much I enjoy on this show. I am so happy Ava was honest w/Nikolas and told him the whole story. I hope the writers don't mess them up too soon. 

The Quad - ugh . . . I assume the story is Millow pining for each other while giving their exes a second chance?! No. Just put Millow together and be done w/it. And please give Sasha some self-esteem. Seeing how excited she got that Michael was watching over her just made me sad. Michael is not all that, Sasha! Get out and live a little before settling for loser Michael. And Willow needs to let Chase go. It's clear she's over him and wants Michael. Chase deserves better. 

I am just not feeling nuLucas. Where is Ryan Carnes? I saw his response to Emme's Instagram post, so I'm thinking he was expecting to come back. Why wouldn't they call him for these horrible scenes? This new guy just doesn't work. 

CarSaSon - They are so hypocritical. It's okay for them to bomb places/cars, kill ppl, and keep parents from their kids but god forbid anyone do it to them! Ugh . . . . those three make me ill! 

Spoiler

I love Friz and Franco, but Liz's face in the preview when Franco mentioned the voices in his head was HILARIOUS!!!! She looked at him like  he was nuts. I can't wait to see that on Monday. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 8

Ugh, I can't stand Ava like this. Shooter's remorse is a very unattractive look, considering her haranguing of him until he finally jumped off the parapet. What did she expect? Gah. I also have some problems with her being upset that he jumped instead of her shooting him.

As always, when someone other than Sonny or Carly do the wrong thing with decent intentions for their family, it's a mortal sin. Your baby-stealing days aren't forgotten, Carly, so STFU.

5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Nick Stabile's Nikolas

I'm still on the fence with him. His mouth is open a lot, and it resembles Sonny's duh face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I felt sorry today for Sasha getting all hopeful that Michael wants to be with her. Firstly, because I think the show has invested too much time in Michael and Willow (and Wiley) to revert back to Michael and Sasha, and secondly, can you imagine pinning your hopes and dreams for the future on Michael? The lukewarm baked potato in desperate need of a haircut? She'd be better off pursuing the connection she made with Brando the other day than going back to Michael and having the guilt of her bad decisions looming over them at all times.

I still think Carly is completely wrong for keeping the Nelle info from Nina, and the only thing I liked about her stuff today was how utterly disdainful Sonny acted upon learning Jax is in on this secret, too. Absolutely every time Carly says Jax's name, Sonny is all [pained sigh] and it never fails to amuse me. Stay pressed, dude. 

Nik and Ava's gothic love story just keeps sucking me in, and I'm impressed that Ava actually told Nik the whole truth and he believed her 100%. All of Ava's past relationships have been mired in deception and seeing the transparency between them makes me happy. I will go down with this ship, I guess.

• Love 15

Michael's self-righteousness toward Sasha and Chase is a bit much. I have no problem with him being mad about being lied to, but to claim they manipulated him and Willow into getting married is ridiculous. Carly and many others were pushing them to do that. And it's not as if they married at gunpoint. Both he and Willow went into that knowingly. 

Ugh, shut up, Michael.

16 minutes ago, Linny said:

The lukewarm baked potato in desperate need of a haircut?

Michael is an uncooked skinless chicken breast in need of a haircut.

Ava, you have Avery, remember? Nik is not "all [you] have left."

• Love 8