Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

General Hospital: Houseful of Felons Edition

The Real World: Port Charles.

In today's episode, after getting confused during a visit to the nursery, Carly indulges in some arts and crafts and makes name tags for the gaggle of children; Michael decides to google "how to read a balance sheet" with hilarious results; Sonny breaks some barware, and Jason scowls when the new housekeeper shrinks his black t-shirt collection.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

My heart broke for Willow.  Yes, her baby still would have been dead whether or not Brad and Nelle got up to any hijinks.  But, it was just heartbreaking to watch her find out her son is dead.  And, obviously, had she known that her son was going to die within hours of birth she would have chosen to spend those hours with him.

Sonny, you're an idiot.  I'm not saying that MIchael has to let Lucas keep Wiley, but it wouldn't be a horrid solution.  And someone (Sonny) who raised a child without his DNA should realize this.

Has Bobbie forgotten what she did 30 years ago? She's the last person who should be calling Brad selfish.

Carly, just shut up.  Not everything is about you. 

Nelle's story is actually quite believable as long as we forget who is telling it. It's quite probable that someone giving birth at the side of the road would lose consciousness. And, Brad, nobody cares what Nelle told you to do.  You are capable of making your own decisions and doing the right thing.  And, if at any time between the middle of the road and the hospital (or home or wherever you went), you came to your senses and told the truth, all would have been forgiven, I'm sure.  And, you really have no reason to rat Julian out.  This will not help you one iota.

And, Curtis, no, a law enforcement officer should not be proud of herself for framing someone for a crime just because she can't bust him for the crimes he's already committed.  What have we come to?  And I expect a heck of a lot better from Taggart. If he was that kind of guy, Sonny would have been in prison for something eons ago.

• Love 7

Bobbie and Carly need to shut the f up, acting like Lucas has been a foster parent all this time. They are NOT a "safe space" for Lucas. Gag me.  UGHHHH at the hypocrisy of Sonny tells Michael he needs to "claim" his son and Lucas has to "respect" it when Michael pauses to consider if Wiley should stay with the father he knows, Lucas.  Lucas was acting like Wiley is a nephew he's seen from time to time, who he'll be sad to see go -until the last moment when he got choked up on the line "your son" and handed him over and went to get a hug from Bobbie. 

The Jerome Siblings scenes about the baby switch were well played. MW's holy S*it faces are great. Ava's fear for her brother is palpable, as is Julian's sadness.

I rarely cry when I watch TV, but yowza Willow absolutely broke my heart today from beginning to end.  What a great performance of denial, despair, rage and disgust. When she finally let it sink in what all had transpired and collapsed in Chase's arms, I wanted to reach through the screen and hug her tight. Chase looked like he was trying hard not to cry.

• Love 12

Corinthos Residence,

Sam (hugs Jason).  "I'd better go before my parole officer finds me.  What have you been doing?"

Jason: "Blowing up a warehouse filled with drugs owned by a rival mob."

Sam: "And they say you're a bad influence that shouldn't be around the kids.  The nerve of those people.  I need a better parole officer."

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Nothing like a baby switch for the baby hoarders to remind us what a vile bunch they are. STFU, Carly! Not everything is about you, you holier than thou sainted hypocrite. Yes, how dare anyone do this to your family. Have a tall glass of STFU, you self-righteous all-about-me bitch. And you too, Bobbie. That apple did not fall far from the tree.

I felt for Willow. It was a bit of a punch in the gut when she said that there really was no one who knew or loved her son, or something to that effect. This whole time she thought that her son was surrounded with all those people who loved him when in reality, he was dead in a cold grave. That's especially sad.

Julian/Ava scenes were pretty good. I'll take the Jeromes over the Corinthos clan any day of the week, any hour of the day.

Brad is so stupid. Nelle is no one's friend, Brad. She wasn't going to let you keep the baby that ate the screen forever.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

Wiley, in Michael's arms, watching as Nelle is being taken away in handcuffs, "Please don't leave me with this dork!"

Screenshot_2020-02-20 General Hospital (full episodes).png

Lol. Actually, Chad is the only person I’ve seen Wiley react with emotion. It was disturbing how much time that toddler spent ignoring adults and coloring. He actually smiled when Michael took him in his arms, and it almost threw Chad out of his acting. I wondered if the actor spent time with the kid off camera to make him at ease. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah about Brad being led away in cuffs-- not sure why the cops would even take the word of a house full of felons (hey! new show name!) that one of the only people there who HASN'T been in PCPD custody is guilty of a crime.

Not to mention the hypocrisy cherry on top of the hypocrisy sundae that is the Corinthii clan calling the cops because someone perpetrated a crime on them.

Not reporting the death of a baby, and then covering it up is probably enough. 

35 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Corinthos Residence,

Sam (hugs Jason).  "I'd better go before my parole officer finds me.  What have you been doing?"

Jason: "Blowing up a warehouse filled with drugs owned by a rival mob."

Sam: "And they say you're a bad influence that shouldn't be around the kids.  The nerve of those people.  I need a better parole officer."

And to think Laura, the mayor, will somehow justify it. 

• Love 1

When Carly told Wylie that he was tried and wanted to put him to bed upstairs without anyone thinking that maybe Wylie is going to have a hard time losing his fathers, I stopped watching. I fast forwarded for the Taggert scenes but this Wylie reveal is even worse than I feared.

No surprise that Nelle is throwing Brad under the bus to save herself. But I see that Willow is doing it too.

Actually, Chad is the only person I’ve seen Wiley react with emotion.

The baby was very cute with Willow two days ago. The way the actress responded to his actions made me wonder if she had a child of her own.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

And, Brad, nobody cares what Nelle told you to do.  You are capable of making your own decisions and doing the right thing.  And, if at any time between the middle of the road and the hospital (or home or wherever you went), you came to your senses and told the truth, all would have been forgiven, I'm sure.  And, you really have no reason to rat Julian out.  This will not help you one iota.

I'm waiting for Obrecht to be ratted out.  She can, however, blow a hole in everyone's stories, so maybe she'll escape blame.

32 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Lol. Actually, Chad is the only person I’ve seen Wiley react with emotion. It was disturbing how much time that toddler spent ignoring adults and coloring. He actually smiled when Michael took him in his arms, and it almost threw Chad out of his acting. 

Wiley was grinning at RC today too, in the scene I call "Daddy Lucas, bitch-hypocrite aunt/grandmother and  hypocrite No. 2 great grandmother Bobbie give Wiley a snack in kitchen as they make it very clear that poor Lucas is no longer this baby's father." 

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Carly told Wylie that he was tried and wanted to put him to bed upstairs without anyone thinking that maybe Wylie is going to have a hard time losing his fathers,

No surprise that Nelle is throwing Brad under the bus to save herself. But I see that Willow is doing it too.

Carly is far too selfish to genuinely consider that; Michael thought of it. I thought it was stupid that Lucas turned Wiley over to Michael right that minute. The boy is legally Wiley Cooper-Jones; they don't yet have a DNA test to make anything official, and all of Wiley's clothes, toys, etc. are at the Brucas home It's gross to me that little Wiley is being treated like a transaction that needs to be completed, not like a child with attachments, needs, etc.

Willow has every right to blame even hate Brad for the way he covered up her son's death and has been lying to her face from the moment they met, through her going to jail to protect Wiley and praying with her for Wiley's safe return when Shiloh kidnapped him and Brad knew damn well the baby wasn't her kid. Brad knew Willow trusted them with her newborn, and he has been using/relying on her whereas Nelle was nobody to Willow until they inadvertently met in the hospital in recent history. Brad is absolutely responsible for all of his poor/illegal choices. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I felt for Willow. It was a bit of a punch in the gut when she said that there really was no one who knew or loved her son, or something to that effect. This whole time she thought that her son was surrounded with all those people who loved him when in reality, he was dead in a cold grave. That's especially sad.

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but I'm glad Willow's side is getting some attention, given how little Brad and Lucas have been getting.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but I'm glad Willow's side is getting some attention, given how little Brad and Lucas have been getting.

Well, I expected Willow's side to get some play. She is clearly important. Brucas are the non-essential, side characters in this arc, which is why I will never understand why Brad had to be in on the switch. He could have been in the accident and passed out when Nelle happened upon him and Wiley. She could have then switched the babies. I mean . . . would the story really be playing out all that differently if Nelle had switched the babies unbeknownst to Brad? Is there a reason Brad had to be the "bad guy."  It's not like everyone hating Brad means anything. He only ever had Lucas anyway. And it's not like he's gotten a lot of play and development since this story started. So, the story didn't need Brad as a villain, IMO. Oh well.

I hope next week features some other stories!  

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6

I so, so much want someone else, anyone else, to be Wiley's biological father. Both for poor Wiley's sake, and because it might just eject a little life into this story.

As it is now, it's as predictable as Donna's medical woes.

The idea that Nelle would want to pass off someone else's baby as Michael's because he's rich makes sense. And then what would Carly and her coven do?

• Love 9

I have mixed feelings about the new O'Connor/Van Etten team reviving the trope of a mob war for the territory. I wouldn't have thought it was something I wanted, because it was practically all Guza was interested in writing, and we got one iteration after another. But if we're stuck with Sonny and Jason as central characters, I guess I'd rather their criminal enterprises be driving a story once in a while. It was weird when when the only current evidence that Sonny was a mobster was offhand comments from people like Josslyn and Oscar, and the most menacing thing we ever saw him doing was pushing his coffee brand on local businesses. This actor who plays Cyrus, Jeff Kober, is another good find, and I like the twist of a character who's already in prison but is still powerful and dangerous. I also like that his introduction involves other characters. I could wish for a more interesting and sympathetic actress in the role of Jordan, but I was already wishing for that.  

• Love 2

I had to laugh when Michael and Sonny walked into Casa Corinthos with Wiley, everyone acted as if they hadn't seen him for months.

Katelyn McMullen did a great job with Willow's reaction to finding out about Wiley. I like how Chase told her and just let her go through the different emotions, not trying to tell her how to feel or what to do.

Unlike Carly and Bobbie, who won't let Lucas figure out how he feels by himself. Shut it, Bobbie and Carly. You're both baby-stealing hypocrites.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

This actor who plays Cyrus, Jeff Kober, is another good find

You kids today! LOL. He's had a long career. He usually plays the heavy.

That scene with Nelle and Brad in jail was so stupid. Even if the guard testifies what he heard them say, it means nothing. Though I loved Chloe Lanier's laugh when Brad was taken away.

I do like that everyone believes Nelle was the one who planned this, not Brad. He's weak and insecure, not some master planner the way Nelle is.

Of course Carly thinks the Wiley switch was all about her. FFS. That level of self-involvement is astonishing even for Carly.

• Love 10

Great, big, giant, fat kudos to both Katelynn MacMullen and Josh Swickard for today's work.

Chase, knowing he has to tell her the truth that will devastate her and Willow, first with the denial, and then moving across the room (only as far as the IV pole allowed, which made me kind of chuckle).  Then realizing the truth as he's telling it and dropping to the floor.  Then Chase sitting beside her on the floor as she works it over.  Then the absolutely heartbreaking line about thinking her son was loved only to find out that he died alone and then her sobbing into Chase.  Guh, abso-freakin-lootely heartbreaking.  

Then I have to sit through Sonny and Sasha (Sasha for dog's sake.  Even Joss would have been better in that scene) telling michael to claim what's his when Michael actually has the thought to maybe leave Wylie with Lucas.  And Bobbie and Carly treating Lucas like garbage and not the son/brother who is devastated.  Although I wasn't feeling it from Ryan until maybe the very end when Lucas went to Bobbie for a hug.  I think RC just couldn't muster up anything for a storyline end that barely had him in it in the first place.

Love all things Jerome.  MW and WDv are always fantastic together.

Also kudos to Nelle for her little performance in front of the guard.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The boy is legally Wiley Cooper-Jones;

Only until Monday when Michael has his name changed to Wiley Corinthos.  

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm waiting for Obrecht to be ratted out. 

The Corinthi don't really care about her, so I doubt anyone will find out that she knew.  Julian however, will get the shit storm, which will seriously piss me off since he didn't find out the truth until a handful of months ago.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

he Corinthi don't really care about her, so I doubt anyone will find out that she knew.  Julian however, will get the shit storm, which will seriously piss me off since he didn't find out the truth until a handful of months ago.  

I don't know about that.  Brad wants her to back up his story.

On 2/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, statsgirl said:

Jasam shippers are tweeting it. The poor star-crossed lovers.

Michael is such a sleaze. He told both Ned and Chase that he has no information about who is targeting Sonny even though Jason told him that it was a drug dealer from the northwest. I wish Michael would just cross to the Corinthos side and stay there.

I know he's done awful things but I'm on Team Valentin for getting revenge on Michael and Sasha. And Lulu, who's determined to take his daughter away and make her forget him.

I don't like to see the idea played out, though I know it's just a soap, that a person should cut a child off from one of their parents.  Too many people out there think they can do that.  In reality it would take a lot more - even in jail, parents get visitation, because it is in the child's interests.  

On 2/17/2020 at 10:15 PM, ciarra said:

Ridiculous how Nelle can sell shares that technically are not hers yet, and Valentin suddenly has "his own money" to buy them with.  He must have siphoned off money from the Cassadine account, because wasn't he some sort of fisherman in Greece, when they first intro'd his character? 

What happens if the court doesn't award the shares to Nelle?  Does Valentin have a receipt?  What's the return policy? 

Still sick of the smug on Michael's face.  #teamNelle.

He could buy them subject to their status as unprobated yet, but that would make them worth less, I would imagine.  Though surely ELQ shares are extremely valuable!

On 2/20/2020 at 9:59 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

That scene needed Robin, i.e. Robin shows up because she was invited to the Bon Voyage party for Lucas and Brad. She walks in on Carly's screeching and says "Hypocrite much? How long did you lie to/keep Michael away from AJ and Spencer away from Nikolas until I told them the truth because you were never going to?" Robin and Lucas had a relationship growing up, whereas Carly has never actually had a relationship with Lucas until the writers manufactured one at the last minute for this storyline. Robin is an ideal friend/extended family member to comfort Lucas as this awful time.

True, and at least Brad told Lucas himself.  Carly never told AJ herself.  When Robin did so, she got pissed off!

On 2/20/2020 at 4:03 PM, 30 Helens said:

It’s just puzzling. Not only did it suck all the drama out of a moment they’ve been building to FOREVER, it makes no sense.  The memory had just come back to him. At the least, he would have needed a few seconds to process. He should have wanted to verify, given that the memory would be fuzzy, not a video playback like we had. There should have been shock, and confusion, and anguish. Instead, we got a flat statement. It’s like he was handing over a pair of gloves he found on the sidewalk, not his SON.

I used to think the ending of Jake’s magic trick story at the Nurses’ Ball was the most anticlimactic reveal ever. I think we have a new contender.

Yes, I would have thought Lucas would even be in denial for at least some period of time.    Wondering if Brad could be wrong somehow, or arguing that it is best for Wylie to stay with them in spite of it all.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But Liesl doesn't have the info to back him up.  All Liesl knows for certain is that she helped Nelle give birth to a live baby.  then she took off on the run.  What Nelle and subsequently Brad did after that she has no way of knowing.  

Nelle's story is a believable one.  She could have passed out, Brad could have found her and switched the babies, leaving her with the dead one.  We know that's not what happened but no one other than Brad and Nelle know the full truth.  

• Love 1

I hope the Colonel takes time off from his global search for ELQ shares to get Nelle off! Maybe Valentin will help her too ..or else she'll rat him out as abetting her and trying to get the Q shares. Work it girl! 

I felt for Willow. Hopefully they will give Lucas some alone moments to show his dispair. It's hard to feel anything but rage as long as he is surrounded by pure evil of the Corinthii Cabal. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But I see that Willow is doing it too.

How is she throwing him under the bus? She gave her child to him and when he died he traded him and then let Willow bond with him for months - including letting her go to jail to protect Wylie. She has every right to hate him and blame him.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The idea that Nelle would want to pass off someone else's baby as Michael's because he's rich makes sense. And then what would Carly and her coven do?

But at this point if she knew Michael wasn't his father wouldn't that be the first thing she blurted out to keep Michael away from him instead coming up with some lie about Brad stealing her baby?

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Great, big, giant, fat kudos to both Katelynn MacMullen and Josh Swickard for today's work.

Chase, knowing he has to tell her the truth that will devastate her and Willow, first with the denial, and then moving across the room (only as far as the IV pole allowed, which made me kind of chuckle).  Then realizing the truth as he's telling it and dropping to the floor.  Then Chase sitting beside her on the floor as she works it over.  Then the absolutely heartbreaking line about thinking her son was loved only to find out that he died alone and then her sobbing into Chase.  Guh, abso-freakin-lootely heartbreaking.  

Then I have to sit through Sonny and Sasha (Sasha for dog's sake.  Even Joss would have been better in that scene) telling michael to claim what's his when Michael actually has the thought to maybe leave Wylie with Lucas.  And Bobbie and Carly treating Lucas like garbage and not the son/brother who is devastated.  Although I wasn't feeling it from Ryan until maybe the very end when Lucas went to Bobbie for a hug.  I think RC just couldn't muster up anything for a storyline end that barely had him in it in the first place.

Felt so bad for Willow, especially at the end when she broke down over her baby being alone surrounded by no one who loved him.

I just wanted adorable Wylie - the way he kept grinning at Lucas - and Lucas to leave the house and for it to then be blown to smithereens.

As much as I hate most of the Corinthii, episodes like today are why I could never root for Nelle. She's such a demented, selfish sociopath who truly cares about no one.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 3

I've tuned in a little but off and on since xmas. I typically don't watch current GH, not since 2003 ish though I've seen scenes here and there.

But I started when Jane Elliott was back, a couple months ago then I got pulled in a bit with the Nelle story. Think I'm out again. I basically hate custody storylines or anything related to fighting over babies parentage. I also skipped all of this when it was Michael who was the kid. 

They were great together, and got some good scenes. They usually do, which is all the worse that they aren't together that much.

45 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
52 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But Liesl doesn't have the info to back him up.  All Liesl knows for certain is that she helped Nelle give birth to a live baby.  then she took off on the run.  What Nelle and subsequently Brad did after that she has no way of knowing.  

Do we know how much Liesl actually knows? 

There's always Britt. Brad told her what was going on, I believe.

Even though Brad and Nelle both have a history of lying, Nelle is the one who does it to screw over others. Brad is trying to keep his life together. That didn't explain it well, but I think Brad's lies aren't as bad. They're selfish, but they're about him. Nelle's lies are meant to hurt others.

• Love 3

I know the depths of Sonny and Carly's selfishness, egotism, and hypocrisy shouldn't be surprising but I just wanted to throttle them today. First of all Sonny, it's pretty obvious Julian was getting ready to leave. You didn't need to puff out your tiny chest to tell him to go. Then, how does lightning not strike him on the spot when he tells Michael that Wylie is his son no matter where he is and he needs to claim him. I hate giving Carly even the tiniest bit of credit but at least she mentioned her hypocrisy but Sonny is completely oblivious. Why don't you hop in a time machine Sonny and give AJ that brilliant advice? Oh, wait AJ realized he had every right to claim his child but you and your merry band of degenerate criminals kept telling him what a monster he was because he wanted to claim his child because for AJ biology wasn't supposed to count.

Carly telling Michael it was so generous he let Lucas spend time with Wiley. SHUT UP. Lucas is still Wylie's legal father so he didn't really need Michael's permission to spend time with him. Michael "letting" Lucas spend time with him was the bare minimum of common decency so I guess it's not surprising Carly didn't recognize it.

Her ego is breathtaking. Yes, Nelle came on hating Carly and still does but everything is not about you.

Bobbie also needs to shut the hell up. She's done horrendous things including kidnapping a child so her acting like she's some paragon and can't summon some understanding for why Brad did what he did is infuriating. I guess Carly really is a chip off the old block. Bobbie also barely exhibited any feeling toward the pain her son was in.

I thought Lucas/RC finally came alive in that last scene but I had trouble concentrating on it because I kept silently screaming for everyone to GET THE FUCK OUT. Was it really necessary for anyone to be in that room except Michael and Lucas? But those assholes just kept standing there not once just thinking to give them some privacy. I'm surprised Carly didn't make popcorn to hand out. Oh, right, she was too busy barely pretending to give a fuck about the ordeal her brother was going through.

And, oh joy, on Monday we'll get "heartwarming" scenes of Jason, that oh so not absentee father of Jake and Danny, giving Michael the lessons on fatherhood he learned when he helped steal Michael from his brother.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Still no one is asking for a DNA test.

I thought Michael was awesome for the hot minute he thought about letting Lucas raise the child he parented for a year.  Then he went back to grabby hands.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Michael aptly (stopped clock theory) points out to Sonny that biological ties don't necessarily make a father, as evidenced by Sonny TO Michael and that shoe-polished-hair, bronzered-to_hell-and-back asshole, flips it around to make sure Michael knows he HAS to claim Wiley.  And, naturally, Michael backs down because he doesn't have a spine.  Poor Wiiley's doomed now. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Even though Brad and Nelle both have a history of lying, Nelle is the one who does it to screw over others. Brad is trying to keep his life together. That didn't explain it well, but I think Brad's lies aren't as bad. They're selfish, but they're about him. Nelle's lies are meant to hurt others.

Brad's lies were cowardly because he couldn't face Lucas with the truth and took the easy way out. After that, every lie he told was to hide his secret and keep his family together.

Nelle's lies were malicious and manipulative from the moment that she placed the dead baby in Michael's arms and told him it was his fault that the baby died. After that, she kept lying to hurt Michael and his family and to manipulate Brad to do her bidding.

At the end of the day, Lucas was the only one brave enough to tell the truth once he remembered what Brad said. Painful but he didn't hesitate and it shows how much better he is than Brad and Nelle.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

But at this point if she knew Michael wasn't his father wouldn't that be the first thing she blurted out to keep Michael away from him instead coming up with some lie about Brad stealing her baby?

As much as I hate most of the Corinthii, episodes like today are why I could never root for Nelle. She's such a demented, selfish sociopath who truly cares about no one.

Even in prison Nelle was hoping to hook Michael by telling him that their baby is really still alive. It was only when she found out that Michael had replaced her with Sasha that she decided to keep the secret a while longer.  Nelle plays a long game.

It's true that Nelle is selfish and probably a sociopath but I don't find her so different from Carly. If nothing else, Carly and Sonny both showed this week that for them, children are not much more than possessions.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael aptly (stopped clock theory) points out to Sonny that biological ties don't necessarily make a father, as evidenced by Sonny TO Michael and that shoe-polished-hair, bronzered-to_hell-and-back asshole, flips it around to make sure Michael knows he HAS to claim Wiley.  And, naturally, Michael backs down because he doesn't have a spine.  Poor Wiiley's doomed now. 

Michael is a complete invertebrate but the worst when he's with Sonny and Carly.  He inherited AJ's weak character multiplied by the mob gaslighting.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

What have we come to? 

For this fan, it appears that we have arrived at the junction where we recently are going backwards led by some of the more powerful/persuasive folks behind the scenes that are calling the shots -  who are only in their jobs because they owe some type of loyalty to either maurice bernhard or to whomever has been supporting him.  Sonny was able to hide behind Luke (and Robert). 

It is a soap opera called 'General Hospital' that spends its resources and five decades of good will on glorifying really despicable characters (e.g., Corinthos family) that have no saving grace (like doing something positive in employment - e.g., doctors, nurses, cops). 

Pointing my finger straight at the person who rehired back SBu to reprise the role of Jason the enforcer and got rid of Billy Miller.   Sam and Jason's fans don't seem to be helping the ratings much.

Might as well stick a fork in this soap opera if they don't get rid of the Corinthos family. 

ETA:  It's not like I don't watching a good villain (waves to Maura West), but at least provide a villain that is either good looking or can act - preferably both. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know how much Liesl actually knows? 

Liesl confronted Nelle in jail when she heard people talking about MIchael's baby being dead.  She wanted to know what Nelle had done with the live baby that she had helped Nelle birth.  Nelle admitted the whole truth to Liesl.  Liesl, technically knows the whole truth, but Nelle's a

lying liar who's pants are frequently on fire, so she can easily recant what she told Liesl or claim she never said it, or claim Liesl forced her to say it.  It's Liesl's word against Nelle's.  

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's always Britt. Brad told her what was going on, I believe

Brad told Britt the whole story, but again, it's Brad's word against Nelle's. Unless there is camera footing on the side of that road that shows Nelle willingly giving Jonah to Brad in exchange for Original Wylie, there's no one to coroborate either version of the story.  Hey, maybe they can get Spinelli to bang on then enter key on his laptop and find video footage.  

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Bobbie also barely exhibited any feeling toward the pain her son was in.

THIS.  A million kajillion times this.  I don't know if it was the writing or the directing or the acting or all three, but JZ was playing it like Lucas was just some guy, that she works with or knows.  Bobbie wasn't acting like this is her son, who's absolutely devastated by this turn of events.  Granted Bobbie doesn't really lose anything here.  Wylie goes from being her grandson to her great grandson, but geez louise.  

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Per Carly's words, "he looks just like you.....I knew it"  No test necessary.  

never root for Nelle. She's such a demented, selfish sociopath who truly cares about no one.

I don't know, maybe it's because I love Chloe so much but i'm here for the Nelle show.  I mean, girlfriend is a wackadoo, but she's entertaining and I'd rather watch her natter nonsense than any of the CarJaSamSon group do anything.  

How is she throwing him under the bus?

I agree.  I didn't see her throwing him under the bus so much as finally understanding why Brad was such a squirrelly ass hole towards her all these months.  

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How does lightning not strike Carly dead every time she opens her mouth?

The better question is, why doesn't lightning strike Carly....

A lot of people are complaining about LUcas' lack of reaction and I agree in part.  I also think this is Ryan's FU to the writers.  I mean, he's barely been involved in this baby story from the get go.  He didn't even meet the first baby.  It's always been Brad's story, Nelle's story, Willow's story, Julian's story, Michael's story.  We hardly ever saw Lucas with the baby.  Heck, Im pretty sure Michael and Willow have more one on one time with Wylie than LUcas ever did.  Then they give Brucas marital problems.  Then they toss Lucas in a coma for 3 months (unless Ryan was off doing something else, why have Lucas be off story for so long).  Then he's back for 5 minutes and immediately comes the reveal and the baby taken away from him.  I just think Ryan was reading these scripts thinking, eff it, I was never in the story, I'm not putting myself out for the end of it.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Bobbie also barely exhibited any feeling toward the pain her son was in.

THIS.  A million kajillion times this.  I don't know if it was the writing or the directing or the acting or all three, but JZ was playing it like Lucas was just some guy, that she works with or knows.  Bobbie wasn't acting like this is her son, who's absolutely devastated by this turn of events.  Granted Bobbie doesn't really lose anything here.  Wylie goes from being her grandson to her great grandson, but geez louise.  

Not to mention her weird reaction when Michael came in with Wiley, as if she was seeing him for the first time as a member of her family, instead of like "oh, the adopted son of that nice gay couple I see at the grocery store sometimes."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So Nelle is really no different from Carly and Sonny. The Corinthii deserve Nelle just like they deserve Ava. I hope that they never get rid of Nelle and never get to keep Wiley fully. 

Michael is a complete invertebrate but the worst when he's with Sonny and Carly.  He inherited AJ's weak character multiplied by the mob gaslighting.

No one ever kissed AJ's ass and told him the sun shone and set for him. And even AJ was capable of giving a bit of push back when it came to the Qs. That is why I never believed that AJ would have let family run roughshod over him if he had shared custody of Michael. In fact, I think he would eventually he would have left the Qs again in order to stay sober, since the Qs left a full open liquor bar despite having an alcoholic in the family. Michael on the other hand has been spoiled by everyone and told that he was the best to the detriment of all other relatives (Tracy, Morgan, AJ etc).

• Love 5

How long until someone realizes Wiley now has ELQ shares?

This was the worst reveal I think I've ever seen.

And I'm pretty sure that agents/officers who do deep undercover work don't go on to become police commissioners. All they need is one person who knew them undercover to see a newspaper article and bam, they're cover is blown.  I miss old Jordan.

• Love 2

I have to give props to JZ for looking like a bombshell during her, "I guess I'm a great-grandma now!" scenes. She looked really great in that tight red dress, and  the bangs were really working for her.

I wish they'd have some vixen Bobbi flashbacks just for fun. Did she ever get up to any baby swapping, or was it just the run of the mill faked pregnancy?

17 hours ago, ciarra said:

GIven how often they're tampered with or are wrong, I can't really blame anyone here. Heh.

17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, naturally, Michael backs down because he doesn't have a spine.

If Michael did let Lucas raise Wiley, I'm sure Carly and Sonny would instantly start custody proceedings so they could raise him for Michael. That's their MO, after all.

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

i'm here for the Nelle show.  I mean, girlfriend is a wackadoo, but she's entertaining and I'd rather watch her natter nonsense than any of the CarJaSamSon group do anything.  

Same here. The writing is dialing up the bonkers side of Nelle, and I think CL does a great job with that. I want this story to end sooner rather than later, but I hope Nelle goes out in a blaze of nutty glory.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How long until someone realizes Wiley now has ELQ shares?

Does he? I thought there was a clause in Edward's will that put a stop to every Q descendant getting a share, like the spawn had to be alive before a certain date or something.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

GIven how often they're tampered with or are wrong, I can't really blame anyone here. Heh

Good point. On a soap opera a coin toss is at least, if not more, reliable than a DNA test.  And, with Brad in jail there's nobody to run it:)

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does he? I thought there was a clause in Edward's will that put a stop to every Q descendant getting a share, like the spawn had to be alive before a certain date or something.

Even if there wasn't, there should have been.  You can't have an open will for ever.  Unless there were ELQ shares put into escrow for future heirs.  The will has to get through probate at some point and you can't take the shares away from people.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish they'd have some vixen Bobbi flashbacks just for fun. Did she ever get up to any baby swapping, or was it just the run of the mill faked pregnancy?

Bobbie couldn't have any children and with her past as a hooker, she couldn't adopt by normal methods. She bought a baby on the black market (Lucas) not knowing at the time that it was Cheryl's stolen baby with Robert as the suspected daddy. Months later, Robert found out the truth and return the baby to Cheryl. Blood test revealed that Robert wasn't the father (Cheryl's supposed dead ex Julian was) and she left town with Lucas. Later, Cheryl died and left custody of Lucas to Bobbie and not her sister Tiffany which started a whole ugly child custody suit between Bobbie and Tiffany.

Bobbie was essentially the Brad in this situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Bobbie was essentially the Brad in this situation.

Right, though she didn't know the truth from the start. I mean, she knew she bought a baby on the black market, obviously, but she didn't know he was Cheryl Stansbury's stolen baby. Then she found out - I don't know how - and kept quiet about it.

Random thought: Vincent Irizarry would have made a good Valentin. With better writing, of course.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Right, though she didn't know the truth from the start. I mean, she knew she bought a baby on the black market, obviously, but she didn't know he was Cheryl Stansbury's stolen baby. Then she found out - I don't know how - and kept quiet about it.

So basically, Bobbie went out and bought Julian Jerome's son on the black market because she was desperate for a baby. 

But Bobbie is a massive hypocrite with shit for brains. Just like her daughter.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

And, then somehow Frisco found out and she talked him into helping her to cover it up.  So, I guess Frisco was Julian.  And Tony was Lucas because he didn't know.  All the sneaking around made him think Bobbie and Frisco were having an affair.  All the similarities aside, I still think that was a much better story than this one.  Yes, Bobbie was 100% in the wrong.  But, she still came off as more sympathetic than Brad.  At least to me.  And, Robin called Lucas the "fruit of Robert's loins" which was pretty priceless.

Although, I'm still annoyed with her calling Brad selfish.  You did the exact same thing (almost).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, AryasMum said:

Lol. Actually, Chad is the only person I’ve seen Wiley react with emotion. It was disturbing how much time that toddler spent ignoring adults and coloring. He actually smiled when Michael took him in his arms, and it almost threw Chad out of his acting. I wondered if the actor spent time with the kid off camera to make him at ease. 

Really? I've seen Wiley smile at a lot of characters. I remember a scene with I believe Sonny and Carly at Kelly's where Sonny was making Wiley smile, and when he got up to leave he actually made an upset sound. Lol I thought that funny and cute. 

Is this the same Wiley we’ve always had? I assumed he would have been swapped by now (professionally, not in a Nelle way), but the way he was grinning at the end of Friday’s show was so reminiscent of the tiny grinning Wiley who used to melt my cold, cynical heart.  There’s nothing cuter than a genuinely happy baby.

Having finally seen Friday’s episode, I completely agree with all the Willow praise. THIS is how a non-robot human might react to the loss of a child, and Katelyn MacMullen played it very well. I’m still befuddled about Lucas.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Really? I've seen Wiley smile at a lot of characters. I remember a scene with I believe Sonny and Carly at Kelly's where Sonny was making Wiley smile, and when he got up to leave he actually made an upset sound. Lol I thought that funny and cute. 

Maurice seems to be a baby whisperer. He seems to really enjoy interacting with them. 

• Love 4

Having not watched, what I'm reading seems to indicate that a) Brad and Lucas never had a one-on-one confronation and b) Lucas already handed over Wiley, which means his role in the story is basically over?  Ugh.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, YaddaYadda said:

This whole time she (Willow) thought that her son was surrounded with all those people who loved him when in reality, he was dead in a cold grave. That's especially sad.

I'm sure it wasn't even close performance-wise, but written out, I was again reminded of the AMC baby switch with Jesse and Angie and when Angie finally found out and demanded Jesse bring her to where their real baby was buried and just broke the fuck down. 

On 2/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought it was stupid that Lucas turned Wiley over to Michael right that minute.

Thinking of another baby switch, I recall on OLTL that when the truth about Starr and Jessica's babies came out - another situation where family members were entangled on both sides - there was room given and efforts at sensitivity.  Granted, Jessica had just had yet another DID meltdown so people were trying to be as gentle with her as possible.  But it sounds like Carly just showed up at Lucas' and was like, "Hey, you better hand over that baby, dude."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3