Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Michael is so hateful. He's really his mother's son. And he is so very very dull. He's like dirty dishwater. Every now and again, one of those last soap bubbles pops and then it goes back to being stagnant. He opens his mouth and my eyes glaze over and I find myself staring at the wall or my bookshelves. Please, no one will ever make me believe that Sasha is in love with Michael or that Willow's feelings for him have changed. 

Brace yourself, Carly, Julian knew the truth about Wylie kept it from us knowing Michael was suffering. Carly's mouth hangs open, she goes all self-righteous. Bitch, how many children did you keep from their fathers? Michael from AJ, Spencer from Nikolas. 

Nu!Lucas has a really long nose. I kept thinking about the Seinfeld episode with the girl with the big nose. "My nose, my nose. My kingdom for a nose." So I did miss most of the dialogue and I don't really care because I managed to amuse myself.

I thought Nikolas was going to dump Ava. Of course he would. She just poured her heart out to him, so he will leave her high and dry, maybe yell at her too for good measure because she's not distraught enough. I guess I'm used to Sonny belittling everyone who is not in his inner circle. So color me surprised that not only is he sticking with her, but he told her he loved her. Dare I hope for a mature relationship?

• Love 15
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As always, when someone other than Sonny or Carly do the wrong thing with decent intentions for their family, it's a mortal sin. Your baby-stealing days aren't forgotten, Carly, so STFU.

And now they're keeping the info about her daughter away from Nina.  Because THEY know best.  God, they're insufferable. 

Also, god, NuLucas is...not good.  When he was talking about Wiley there was zero emotion there, as if he didn't raise and love that child as his own for a year. 

• Love 9

So I guess it was Truth and Honestly Day, as everyone that had scenes together were revealing the absolute truth about secrets that have been ongoing for months and months. Well everyone but Jax to Nina about Nelle maybe/most likely being her child.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And now they're keeping the info about her daughter away from Nina.  Because THEY know best.  God, they're insufferable. 

The ramifications go even further than this. By keeping the truth about Nelle from Nina, they are also keeping Nina's grandson from her. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I mean... Keeping Nina away from Willey is probably, secretly, the entire real reason they are keeping the secret.  Avery lives with them, they ain't forgetting that woman is on another "baby stealing" level.

• Love 2

Not only was nuLucas' performance not good, I hated the writing as he was railing at Britt about what Brad did because, as always with this baby swap storyline, it was all about Michael, all about how Michael suffered with no mention of how it felt for Lucas to lose a child he loved and raised for a year.

Previews...hey, Scotty and Kevin together!  But ew, they're talking about Franco.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Just came here to agree I would rather have noLucas than nuLucas. Jesus God is he wooden. 

Also, can't they put the the prompter somewhere where Mo can read it without looking like a lunatic staring away from the person he is talking to? 

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, god, NuLucas is...not good.  When he was talking about Wiley there was zero emotion there, as if he didn't raise and love that child as his own for a year. 

RC's Lucas handed over Wiley immediately, so this is just a continuation of that. I can't believe (I can) we had no followthrough about Lucas losing Wiley. What a total waste of a story line.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

it was all about Michael

Well, duh. He's the only one who really suffered. /s

• Love 7
On 12/3/2020 at 7:40 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I hate that Lesley can't be a part of Laura's story. It would just enrich everything.

Who says she can’t? Denise Alexander drops in now and then. And I am here for it- Every. Time.

I was just a kid and had just started watching the show a bit before Lesley found out that her daughter was alive. The nurse who switched babies confessed on her deathbed. In my memory it was LESLEY ‘s father who has paid her to switch, so his daughter could pursue her dream of med school (Lesley was supposedly 17 when Laura was born). So either I am remembering wrong or they are changing history.

Also the “affair” between Lesley and Gordon - my understanding was she didn’t know he was married, and found out after she became pregnant. But again, it’s vague.. and I wasn’t  watching at all when Gordon and Florence were actually characters on the show. At that point Laura was still presumed dead at birth.

Hi guys! I just got caught up on GH after binging about a months’ worth of episodes. I sped things up a bit by FF’ing through the slow parts, such as everything surrounding Mike’s interminable death. Seriously, is there anyone in PC who didn’t stop by his bedside to say goodbye? I haven’t seen such a procession since March of the Penguins. (Which was Morgan’s favorite movie, I assume.)

Some random thoughts:

Now that they’ve established Alexis and Valentin are not related, why not hook them up? The actors have great chemistry, and it would piss off so many other characters. 

Hooray for bombs that jettison bad characters! Glad to see both Dev and Dustin go. I know several of you like the Dustin actor, but the character never did anything for me. And I’ve never been a fan of Emme’s Lulu. That one surprised me, as I was unspoiled about the actor’s exit. I wonder if they’ll recast. Anyone know what Julie Berman is up to these days?

Speaking of Lulu, they should have left her in the lobby for a few more weeks. Those twinkling lights on her head made her look like a Christmas ornament, and she would have brought a lot of festivity to the place.

Nice to see Ava opening up to Nikolas, and being truthful for once. I’m sure that will bite her in the ass. Nik acts like he’s on her side, but for some reason I still don’t trust that he really cares about her. Something seems off about him. On a related note, kudos to Julian for being exactly as stupid as you might expect. 

The David Hamilton stuff was (slightly) before my time, but I appreciate it when they incorporate the show’s history in a current storyline. And anything that gives Laura something to do is always welcome. I am optimistic about this.

Two steps forward, 3 steps back on the neverending necklace storyline. Of course, Carly had to jump in and bring it to a screeching halt.  I predict it all goes dormant until Nelle shows up again.

What the hell is up with that strange man who calls himself Lucas?? The actor is fine, I guess, but there is no resemblance, physically or stylistically, to the doctor we knew. Just weird and jarring. 

Millow Vanillow continues the waltz of the bland. They even managed to make sex boring. But now that that has happened, what’s the over/under on Willow biting the dust in the next few months? Also, Sasha is a terrible actress. She needs to go, and yesterday. Anyone have another bomb handy? 

Finally, somebody please water Moss!! He’s looking very brown and sad these days.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

At this point, they should bite the bullet and chem-test Michael with another dude. Chad just doesn't click romantically with the actresses he's been paired with. They can even explain away the late realization with the trauma caused by Michael's prison rape. (Although I do wonder what Chad would apply his open-mouthed "boobies" look to if they gave him a gay love scene: Felix dropping his drawers?)

And if that fails, they should just go with him being asexual. In one stroke they get to keep Chad Duell on (I assume that's their primary motive) and tick another diversity representation box since I don't think asexuals have ever been portrayed on US daytime.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

Darn these COVID restrictions!!! I wanted to see that NAVA kiss! 

I love Nava! They quickly became one of my favorite pairings. In all honesty, I've wanted some form of Nava since Ava ran into TC's Nikolas on that airplane. I thought she had great chemistry w/TC and Nick Stabile's Nikolas too. Her chemistry with MC's Nikolas is off the charts, crazy good! They are great together. I loved the ILYs. And while I think they may be a bit soon - I don't care. I like them! They excite me, and there is not much I enjoy on this show. I am so happy Ava was honest w/Nikolas and told him the whole story. I hope the writers don't mess them up too soon. 

In interviews I've read (as well as a podcast with Burton and Anderson), Marcus Coloma always talks about how much he likes the actors he shares most of his scenes with: Ingo (early on), Genie, Becky, and he's been especially complimentary toward Maura West. He compared his two "leading ladies" by saying that MW is amazing in her ability to change emotions on a dime, while Becky has an effortless likability.  

Normally, I would just chalk that up to a newcomer being gracious, but he acts as though he really likes them, even when the characters are at odds. That chemistry with all of Nikolas's connections may be why he's fit in better than some other recasts. I liked him right off, and I was a fan of Tyler's Nikolas.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Aymery said:

At this point, they should bite the bullet and chem-test Michael with another dude. 

It's not an orientation thing, it's a chemistry thing.  Michael is decidedly neuter.

1 hour ago, Aymery said:

And if that fails, they should just go with him being asexual. In one stroke they get to keep Chad Duell on (I assume that's their primary motive) and tick another diversity representation box since I don't think asexuals have ever been portrayed on US daytime.

Now you're talking!

• Love 2
On 12/2/2020 at 11:29 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

when we finally do see Pat, she's killed off in less than a month for no good reason.

As far as I'm concerned, hearing Carly's voice as little sister Bobbie wants to introduce you to her daughter is more than enough of a good reason to give up your will to live! Pat had been through enough in her life; she didn't deserve to have to meet and deal with Carly too at her advanced age.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

I tend to agree. Before Sam went into that bizarre dream-state watching Brando and Carly the other day, I thought they were just setting her up for a new pairing. Now it does kinda seem like she's on the way out.

I think that dream-state was a not great way for the Show to indicate Sam was imagining that Brando and Carly were talking about plans for Danny's funeral.

20 hours ago, lala2 said:

And please give Sasha some self-esteem. Seeing how excited she got that Michael was watching over her just made me sad. Michael is not all that, Sasha! Get out and live a little before settling for loser Michael. And Willow needs to let Chase go. It's clear she's over him and wants Michael. Chase deserves better. 

Reveal spoiler

I love Friz and Franco, but Liz's face in the preview when Franco mentioned the voices in his head was HILARIOUS!!!! She looked at him like  he was nuts. I can't wait to see that on Monday. 

Yeah, seeing Sasha acting pathetic and desperate for Michael's love was sad to watch.  I get the impression Willow is still in love with Chase; she has some feelings for Michael but she's the one who wanted to take a step back and figure things out whereas Michael more agreed with her. Nothing in Michael's behavior suggests he wasn't totally over Sasha the minute he thought she was a cheater. CD's acting says "Michael feels guilty for not giving a damn about Sasha when he now knows she "sacrificed for Wiley" and overdosed on drugs because she's been in such a bad place emotionally since they broke up."

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael's self-righteousness toward Sasha and Chase is a bit much. I have no problem with him being mad about being lied to, but to claim they manipulated him and Willow into getting married is ridiculous.

Absolutely.  There was no reluctance from Michael about marrying Willow. The way he kissed her when they got married was definitely not a "marriage of convenience-this is my friend" quick touch of the lips.

16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hated the writing as he was railing at Britt about what Brad did because, as always with this baby swap storyline, it was all about Michael, all about how Michael suffered with no mention of how it felt for Lucas to lose a child he loved and raised for a year.

This. Lucas and Brad raised the baby for almost two years, but the dialogue and acting made it seem like the nuLucas character had zero pain or emotional investment in his child. I also strongly disliked Britt in that scene; she really reminded me of Carly getting all up into other people's business when she is determined that Jason is going to have the life, love and/or kid she feels he deserves. I will never forget when she marched into Elizabeth's house, took a look at baby Jake in his crib, and announced that Elizabeth was going to share Jake with Jason. I was half expecting Britt to demand that nuLucas march into Brad's room and tell him he loves him and that he wants to get back together because Brad is totally deserving.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Seriously, is there anyone in PC who didn’t stop by his bedside to say goodbye? I haven’t seen such a procession since March of the Penguins. (Which was Morgan’s favorite movie, I assume.)

Mike's actual granddaughter, Kristina.  Josslyn had the scenes at Mike's bedside that should have belonged to Kristina. Josslyn has come to know Mike because he returned to Port Charles in the time since Carly and Sonny re-married again, but she did not know him prior to her teenage years. 

Also Dante, but that was because Dante wasn't released until after Mike died. He showed up right after Mike's funeral.

---

Michael and Willow have put an emphasis on how they are friends first. Great, so they should be friends who co-parent and that's all.  I really would love to see Willow be free to get back together with Chase, where she sparkled and had some energy. 

I like Trina giving Cyrus attitude, and how she later spoke to Joss in asking for her help. It's nice when scenes aren't all  about people telling Joss how awesome she is.  Why does Jax have to come over to Casa Corinthos to talk to/spend time with Joss?  It would be nice to see her in his house some times, and not just on a night of a big event where the focus is on her with her friends and Sonny and Jax facing off. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6

I was thinking the other day that the show is really loading up on characters struggling with or recovering from addiction issues, now that they've gone there with both Brando and Sasha. Of course they spared Michael, who actually has a family history. God forbid we see him struggle with anything beyond the inferiority and weakness of those around him.

Question: Is Spinelli still in town? The last time I remember seeing him is when the attempt to cat-and-mouse Peter with a faked Helena resurrection failed. Did he just leave town after that?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

God forbid we see [Michael] struggle with anything beyond the inferiority and weakness of those around him.

It's so aggravating that everything always works out for him in the end. It's a big reason why he's such a bore.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Question: Is Spinelli still in town? The last time I remember seeing him is when the attempt to cat-and-mouse Peter with a faked Helena resurrection failed. Did he just leave town after that?

Didn't he move back because Invisible Ellie got a job at a neighboring town's hospital?  I assume we'll see him again because BA probably camps outside the writers' room with a "Please Employ Me" sign and because SBu uses his influence to insure that happens.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I also strongly disliked Britt in that scene...I was half expecting Britt to demand that nuLucas march into Brad's room and tell him he loves him and that he wants to get back together because Brad is totally deserving.

To be fair, Britt did say she didn't expect a passionate reunion between them, but thought Lucas would show a little more humanity for a man he loved for years almost being killed.  And Lucas did come off as OOC-ily icy in that scene, thanks to nuLucas' not good acting.  Brad had no one in his corner during the whole baby swap storyline so I like that he's getting some support now, and I'm glad Britt mentioned again that Nelle took advantage of Brad's grief in that moment.

I didn't understand, though, why she didn't just rip off the band-aid and tell Lucas it was Julian.  I guess in deference to Brad, but still, if you're going to drop that many hints, just go ahead and drop the bomb, girl.

9 hours ago, Aymery said:

At this point, they should bite the bullet and chem-test Michael with another dude.

So we can hear again how Sonny, Connie, and Lois used to hit up gay clubs all the time?  No thank-y!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The worst Michael will get is fat.

Hey, I'd be down for a "Betty on Mad Men/Lee on Battlestar Galactica" story about Michael gaining weight. They could have stress make him resort to binge eating. Some latex jowls would go well with Duell's current look. The characters who called AJ fat could be haunted and disturbed as the chins of the father are visited on the son. Do it, writers.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

The scenes between Ava and Nik were verrreeeee soapy!

There aren't enough STFUs and DIAFF for the Shebeast for her utter hypocrisy and "rage" at learning that Julian knew and kept mum about Wiley's paternity. Like others up thread have already stated, this beast has no leg to stand on with her hiding baby Michael from AJ, keeping Spence from Nik (even though that paternity was a retcon--totally Jax's child), and now LYING about Nelle/keeping that knowledge to her monster self.

SLS may not want Sasha back, but wants Willow to remain his wife now that he was finally able to boink her, but I could see from Willow's expression in that last scene that she was happy to see Chase and is still very much in love with him. Or maybe the actress couldn't help herself and she wants Willow and Chase to reconcile.

But please spare me the "Why couldn't they just talk to us about it" before they faked cheated. Because

1. Diane kept pushing the idea that the SLS needed to marry a vestal virgin or the very next thing closest to it, and Sasha was out because of her "scam" about being Nina's daughter;
  2. Willow kept talking about Wiley!Wiley!Wiley! paused to tell Chase she loved him; then Wiley!Wiley!Wiley!
  3. SLS wouldn't dismiss Diane's 1950s' mindset as ridiculous and should have married Sasha anyway since he "loved" her, and let the chips fall where they may; but deep down he wanted Willow, so kicked to the curb Sasha went without him asking her why she did it.
  4. Sasha is such a weak limpet, she would have crumbled and admitted it was fake.

And then Sasha's HOW COULD YOU TELL WILLOW THE TRUUUUUUTH????? nonsense. It's moot. SLS has custody of Wiley.

So utterly stupid.

And that actor playing the NotReal!Lucas cannot ACT. So pedantic and enunciating each word. You  wouldn't know that HE himself was father to Wiley for nearly two years. He was acting like the relative of the SLS who discovered his husband and someone else lied and took care of Wiley. As if he was never a father.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Brad had no one in his corner during the whole baby swap storyline so I like that he's getting some support now, and I'm glad Britt mentioned again that Nelle took advantage of Brad's grief in that moment.

I liked that Britt mentioned Brad's grief. No one seems to remember that. Yes, he did a terrible thing, but it wasn't a cold, calculated move at the time. Keeping Wiley was, but it was also kind of understandable (in a soapy way, I mean, not IRL!).

And it is weird she didn't tell Lucas that Julian was Brad's accomplice, but that bomb is probably going to be dropped by Carly, because she has to be involved.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And then Sasha's HOW COULD YOU TELL WILLOW THE TRUUUUUUTH????? nonsense. It's moot. SLS has custody of Wiley.

That cracked me up. It really is moot. And anyway, did she really think no one would ever find out? Practically everyone but Willow and Michael knew the "affair" between Sasha and Chase was fake. Ugh, I really despise this story. It ruined Willow and Chase, though I have some hope they might get back together.

• Love 7
On 12/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, Linny said:

Nik and Ava's gothic love story just keeps sucking me in, and I'm impressed that Ava actually told Nik the whole truth and he believed her 100%. All of Ava's past relationships have been mired in deception and seeing the transparency between them makes me happy. I will go down with this ship, I guess.

I really love them and they've become my favorite current couple on the show. Their chemistry is killer and the way they're falling in love has been very well-done. I thought it was surprising that Ava told him the truth, but liked that they went that direction with them. I also thought it was really cool that he believed her and didn't think the worst of her when she was telling him everything.

In general, I like MC as Nik a LOT. He is easily one of my favorite recasts of a longterm character that I've seen. He's breathing some fresh air into the character. Even though Lucky isn't on the show, I think MC physically looks like he could be JJ's half brother and has good chemistry with the rest of his onscreen family as well. I liked TC too through the years, but in recent years, you could tell he was struggling offscreen in some of his onscreen work at times. I think MC kind of works even better at this stage in Nik's life.

Take everything I said about MC and apply the exact opposite feelings toward NuLucas. He is AWFUL. If Ryan Carnes is unavailable (and TPTB aren't just being jerks toward him), then they need to go find another recast option or send Lucas off canvas for a while. 

15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Millow Vanillow continues the waltz of the bland. They even managed to make sex boring. But now that that has happened, what’s the over/under on Willow biting the dust in the next few months? Also, Sasha is a terrible actress. She needs to go, and yesterday. Anyone have another bomb handy? 

There has never been a more appropriate couple name. Amazing!

Edited by Laur
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But please spare me the "Why couldn't they just talk to us about it" before they faked cheated. Because

1. Diane kept pushing the idea that the SLS needed to marry a vestal virgin or the very next thing closest to it, and Sasha was out because of her "scam" about being Nina's daughter;
  2. Willow kept talking about Wiley!Wiley!Wiley! paused to tell Chase she loved him; then Wiley!Wiley!Wiley!
  3. SLS wouldn't dismiss Diane's 1950s' mindset as ridiculous and should have married Sasha anyway since he "loved" her, and let the chips fall where they may; but deep down he wanted Willow, so kicked to the curb Sasha went without him asking her why she did it.
  4. Sasha is such a weak limpet, she would have crumbled and admitted it was fake.

I reject this idea that Sasha or Chase were somehow victims of circumstance and didn't have choices. I don't care that Willow constantly talked about Wiley. Chase had other options besides setting her up to believe she'd been cheated on in one of the worst ways possible. They could havre talked to them. They simply could have broken up with them without the lie. They had other choices. And this idea that Michael should have "let the chips fall where they may" that might work if the custody battle where between normal exes who just didn't get along or they were fighting over custody of a pet. Michael was fighting for custody against someone who tried to kill him. He wasn't just going to "let the chips fall where they may." He - and Willow - did reject the idea. That's the whole reason Sasha and Chase came up with their dumb-ass plan. He ultimately went along with Diane's idea because he was desperate for custody of his child, not because he was desperate for Willow. If he wanted to dump Sasha he could have before she gave him a pretty good reason to.

Also, Sasha is definitely weak but she kept the secret longer than most of the people who knew about it (other than not denying it when Carly figured it out on her own.)

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I reject this idea that Sasha or Chase were somehow victims of circumstance and didn't have choices. I don't care that Willow constantly talked about Wiley. Chase had other options besides setting her up to believe she'd been cheated on in one of the worst ways possible. They could havre talked to them. They simply could have broken up with them without the lie. They had other choices.

Yes, thank you.  They made the choice that they made and now they have to live with it. Same as the rest of the world (except maybe the Corinthii).  You always have a choice and the one you make is your decision.  

• Love 2
On 12/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, Aymery said:

At this point, they should bite the bullet and chem-test Michael with another dude. Chad just doesn't click romantically with the actresses he's been paired with. They can even explain away the late realization with the trauma caused by Michael's prison rape. (Although I do wonder what Chad would apply his open-mouthed "boobies" look to if they gave him a gay love scene: Felix dropping his drawers?)

Lmao are your referring to his first love scene with Abby?

• LOL 1

Personally I think Wylie was better off when he was with Lucas and Brad.

Tuesday's show, Ava saying about Julian's death "His children are safer now."  WTH?  Sam is still married to the mob enforcer and Lucas is still the brother of the mob king's wife. They're not safe.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, dubbel zout said:

It's so aggravating that everything always works out for him in the end. It's a big reason why he's such a bore.

Another is Duell's acting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michale is so passive. Everything happens to him, instead of him being the catalyst for stories.

It's a shame. Imagine how fun Michael could be if they played him as a rich soapy jerk. I want him to marry Willow but tell Sasha she can be his mistress if she wants.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Personally I think Wylie was better off when he was with Lucas and Brad.

Or better off if he were raised by wolves.  At least he wouldn't turn out as bland as Millow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's a shame. Imagine how fun Michael could be if they played him as a rich soapy jerk. I want him to marry Willow but tell Sasha she can be his mistress if she wants.

You mean like AJ? Even Jason Q (pre head trauma) was more interesting. That is FV's greatest sin in my book. He was working so hard to integrate RoHo (twice!!!) into the canvas, he didn't bother having AJ rebuild his life. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I reject this idea that Sasha or Chase were somehow victims of circumstance and didn't have choices.

And I reject the idea that Michael and Willow were victims of Chase and Sasha.

At the end of the day, Millow are happy. They chose to marry each other. They didn't have to do that. As a family lawyer, I won't even touch the stupidity of that part of the storyline. All I know is if Willow felt she had to step back from Michael and Wiley for her own mental health, nothing Chase did should have changed that. As I see it, Willow (and Michael) did what they wanted to do: get married. They are friends. They like each other. They are developing or have developed feelings for each other. They've had sex. They have never been shown to be miserable or stuck in a bad situation. They've been perfectly happy and fine. I just can't get too mad at Chase and Sasha for what they did when Millow came out the better (or so it seems) for it. 

I'm not even going to touch the Michael rewrites re: Sasha. I'm going to stick to what was shown - an uncaring, happy Michael.  Sasha's alleged infidelity did not break him or hurt him in any significant way that we saw. He happily married Willow and seemed happy to be w/her. He never gave Sasha a second thought. Willow, on the other hand, was sad about her breakup, but she's clearly moved on from Chase. Relationships end all the time for a myriad of reasons, and Millow have bounced back. Chase and Sasha have been written like the pathetic ones here, not Millow. 

Now, maybe if Willow had talked about ending things w/Michael right after he won custody or just seemed like she was put out by the marriage, I'd feel some sympathy for her but she was fine staying married to Michael. She didn't have to marry him. She doesn't have to adopt his kid. She and Michael got what they wanted.  

That scene on Friday's show with Nina visiting Sasha and telling her she still cared about her should have been touching, and I feel that the writing and Cynthia Watros were doing their parts. Sofia Mattsson, not so much. She was just...flat. In general, it's a meaty part that isn't going for much. Conniver with a heart of gold, glamour girl, two near-death experiences, coked-up scenery chewing, and through it all, she's always just kind of "marked present." 

Honestly, the main reason I can't even get involved in these debates over the Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha quad is that they all inspire apathy in me. They're all good-looking people, but they're not a very sexy or romantic bunch. Chase is the most appealing of the four, because the actor makes the character seem decent and likable, but I'm never as interested in his love stories as I am in his family and work stuff.

• Love 6

What puzzles me is that CD is involved romantically with the actress who plays Sally Spectra (B&B originally and now on Y&R). She has spark and personality to spare and he’s Caspar Milquetoast. He must have some hidden talent that we don’t know about or something. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, ciarra said:

Yes.  Anna is too softhearted to tell him the truth.  Stupid cow.

Why would Maxie of all people want a double wedding with her soon-to-be-in-laws? Why would she want Peter to have a double wedding with his "mother"/stepfather?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Is Willow capable of not mentioning Wiley in every conversation she has? Good grief.

Ugh, more of Sasha's woe-is-me moping. It always comes across as her begging for compliments. Can't they give her a tiny bit of self-respect?

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Why would Maxie of all people want a double wedding with her soon-to-be-in-laws? Why would she want Peter to have a double wedding with his "mother"/stepfather?

Why not? People have double weddings.

• Love 3

Peter has been given a ton of clues that Alex is his mother, such as Alex telling him they're two of the same kind of people, but apparently he still thinks Anna is. Or as Kevin would say, he wants to believe that Anna is his mother to redeem him because he's said a number of times that she's the only good parts of him.

"It's morning in Geneva. I could give them a call."  Kevin, unless it's 3 a.m. in Port Charles, it's not morning in Geneva. Why can't this show get time zones right?

Kudos to FH for Anna's facial expressions when Maxie was proposing a double wedding.

Nice reference to Covid 19 shutdowns with Dr. Chase saying that all his classes are on-line now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh, god, now we'll have to suffer through Willow and Michael being unable to tell the other they're in love with Chase and Sasha, respectively. (Too bad it can't go the other way!)

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't this show get time zones right?

It can't get geography right; you want time zones now?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I need Sasha to stop hanging on every drip of generic kindness Michael shows her so I can stop cringing my way through their scenes. The attention Michael is giving her does not at all give the vibe that he's harboring romantic feelings for her like she is for him, a choice I'm assuming is intentional and not due to Michael only having about three facial expressions. It's embarrassing that she bases her value on his opinion of her; is it too much to expect her to realize she matters regardless of whether she matters to Michael?

We got such a nice, honest conversation between Chase and Willow and then the episode ends with her walking away with Michael to tend to Wiley, ugh. A child is not a solid enough foundation to support an entire relationship and Willow and Michael's weak attraction isn't holding any weight here either. 

Of course Valentin clocked that something's wrong with Dante in the span of a three minute conversation. He's legit the most intelligent and observant character on the show at this point, ain't nobody keeping nothin' from Valentin. Luckily the actor can pull it off. It fits for Valentin to get involved here since he's connected to Peter and to Lulu, and so I actually liked that he's the one getting to raise the alarm that all is not well with Dante. Dante's been back long enough that I'm ready to get the ball rolling on this story now.

• Love 13