Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Babes in Thailand

• Start Topic

The ladies' first day of the trip is jam-packed as they explore all Thailand has to offer; LeeAnne and Kary remain at odds; when D'Andra shows up to dinner wearing LeeAnne's L'Infinity Dress as a joke, LeeAnne thinks it's no laughing matter.

Airs November 20, 2019.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Really the only wives who looked good tonight, moral character wise, were Kam, Stephanie and Brandi.

For 20 years, I've enjoyed many a Thai meal at Sawadee.  Until tonight, I never knew it meant hello/welcome.

So I did learn something positive.

• Love 19

LeeAnne is on Twitter.  Most people feel sorry for her, but dont take her to task for the racist remarks.

One person did and LeeAnne's response is it isnt racist because she is just responding to Kary often saying "she will go all Mexican on you" and then provided a tweet of Kary telling someone to "go lick LeeAnne's asshole and I will go all Mexican on you".

Which?  Just no to the both of them.

Nah. Nah. Nah.  To the Nah.

They are both heinous.  LeeAnne for her remarks and Kary for stereotyping people from Mexico for whatever the hell "go Mexican on you" means.

• Love 21

From the other side of the pool...the elephant song is stupid.  Enough.

I thought the getting the dress 'right' was pretty funny.

LeeAnn is so miserable all the time.  Stop telling Kary what to do.  Stop with the faces during the fortune telling.  Stop complaining about everything.

Still loving Steph and I always enjoy her and Brandi's interactions.

• Love 15

In the preview I thought LeeAnne went off in Cary’s face, but it was Stephanie’s - poor woman was just trying to be kind! (Loved Stephanie’s expression in the talking head right after.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

"go Mexican on you"

Is that better or worse than going Oklahoma on someone?

Really wish I could get the baby elephant song out of my head.

Well, it's no Baby Shark...

Seeing these women making fools of themselves in Thailand also makes me wish there was footage of them at the airport in Seoul as well, because why only be Ugly American tourists in one country?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I didn't think they behaved so badly in Thailand - the obligatory fight was kept within the walls of the hotel 😄 When they were touring about they acted normal.  I actually visited that giant reclining Buddha (and possibly that first temple they were at) about 25 years ago.  I don't remember much but I do remember how our tour guide was a sweet man like theirs seemed to be - earnest about teaching us but with a sense of humor and making little jokes.

As a rule I don't have any hard likes/dislikes amongst these silly women, and the ones who show up to ruin a good time are the ones who are on my list.  (with regard to the Tallest Little Girl in the World - I just can't stand the baby talk.  When I was a college freshman, my obnoxious roommate and her obnoxious friend would gather in our room on Sundays to read the coupon section of the Sunday paper in PeeWee Herman voices - and Leanne thinks she has suffered!!  So I have hated "voices" for 30+ years now.  I couldn't even stand Robin Williams.)  But it seemed like she and Stephanie, Brandi and Leanne were enjoying themselves until they were joined by the Bitch Sisters, intent on provoking a fight.  And what goes unsaid (because TV!) is that they were trying to crap all over Leanne's "business" by mocking it and making it look stupid to the viewing public.  I'm sure that's what she and Stephanie were referring to when they talked about "what they were doing in the room."  D'Andra might be better served showing up at breakfast without a weird, plastic-looking face in order to promote her own "business".

ETA:  I have seen enough of Kary (and of course Leanne over the years) to figure out that Leanne's "racist" remarks were a reaction to Kary constantly reminding everyone that she's a Mexican.

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, princelina said:

ETA:  I have seen enough of Kary (and of course Leanne over the years) to figure out that Leanne's "racist" remarks were a reaction to Kary constantly reminding everyone that she's a Mexican.

Nah it’s because she is racist. A non racist doesn’t say something like she should have said the “joke” in English not HISPANIC as she said to Brandi. Not to mention her tone clearly was saying it as an insult. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Nah it’s because she is racist. A non racist doesn’t say something like she should have said the “joke” in English not HISPANIC as she said to Brandi. Not to mention her tone clearly was saying it as an insult. 

Well of course she meant it as an insult; Leanne's a bitch and she fights dirty.  I just think it's because she's pissed at Kary and using her words against her, rather than any kind of animosity towards people of Mexican descent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, princelina said:

Well of course she meant it as an insult; Leanne's a bitch and she fights dirty.  I just think it's because she's pissed at Kary and using her words against her, rather than any kind of animosity towards people of Mexican descent.

Not being able to say Spanish indicates to me that she does. Also, using someone’s race to insult them is racist. Kary is one of handful of minorities across all fashions choosing her talking about that as a point to insult her is racist.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not being able to say Spanish indicates to me that she does. Also, using someone’s race to insult them is racist. Kary is one of handful of minorities across all fashions choosing her talking about that as a point to insult her is racist.

Ah well - agree to disagree 🙂 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Leeann , you really can dish it out, with a side dish of rage, but you sure as hell can't take it. Why not try walking off and maybe crying, oh wait.. 

Yeah I believe D’Andra was 100% correct when she said that LeeAnne would have done something similar if the situation was reversed given how often LeeAnne shouts “joke” when called out. I mean I think they should have dropped the comments much sooner but they were also 100% correct that the dress needs an instruction booklet and the fact that’s not something that LeeAnne has thought of speaks volumes.

• Love 18

Not a huge Kary fav or  anything she can be annoying but Leanne is coming across as racist to me. Why is she bringing up Kary being Mexican? What does that have to do with anything? If when you are mad at someone the first place you go is race that’s not good and pretty racist. Next weeks seems to get worse.

Also I’m sorry but D’andra wearing that dress in her interviews made me laugh lol.  

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't really care for Leanne, but what D'Andra and Kary did was really shitty, but on the other hand Leanne's racist remarks about Kary were truly disgusting.

I really like the friendship between Brandy and Stephanie. Stephanie is too sweet to be on this show.

• Love 22

Boy, when this friendship went south, it went really south.  Leanne and D'Andra seem to deserve each other.  They both have a pretty deep capacity for nastiness.  (And so does Kary.)

I say that we send Leanne to sensitivity training and make Mexico pay for it.  🌮

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Kary  was reacting to LeAnne bullying her about the hat during the earlier temple visits.....and, why she happily  joined D’Andra’s dress bashing session.

They were all wearing hats but it was Kary who was receiving all the insults from LeAnne.  Kary never wore her hat inside the temples. 

It was much more than the Mexican comments. 

It was the comments about ‘English Only.’

The English Only Movement in America is when people try to stop others from speaking in their own native language.

Americans  do it here and even have the nerves to do it abroad! 

In America, this  is when Latinos feel the most under attack.  They have  even tried to pass laws to prevent us from speaking Spanish. 

This never made sense to me.  You have American born citizens from Puerto Rico whose official language is Spanish.

This makes Spanish one of the official languages in America.

Puerto Ricans are pro English Plus and support bilingualism and biculturalism for all ethnic groups living in America.

The racist LeAnnes of America will not stop us! 

LeAnne even did it to the Thais. 

I am only eating at places where people ‘Speak English.’

In Thailand, you are going to impose ‘English Only’ rule......????!  🤣 

English language superiority is a form of racism. 

LeAnne just showed her true colors as an  anti-bilingualism and anti-biculturalism,

Pendeja!

You see......LeAnne even admitted she knows just enough ‘Mexican words’ to call them assholes in their own language. 

• Love 21

Someone that speaks honky needs to talk to Leanne and tell her that she is racist..... see how not ok that is? No one should be defending Leanne on that note whats so ever it was racist is racist and always will be racist... will this be like on Atlanta when the women say homophobic things and it gets brushed under the rug?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, DFWGina said:

I think Kary and LeeAnn are to the point of irritation with one another that they could say anything and it would offend the other.  I didn't see anything wrong with her mentioning to take off the hat to Kary.  By that point, all of the other ladies had their hats off.  I do not condone the use of racist language or language that might possibly be construed as racist in any form.  I, too, was surprised that they wanted to eat in an English speaking location.  There are MANY Thai restaurants in the DFW area so I know that they've surely eaten Thai food before?

I think wearing the dress was funny but the MANY and CONSTANT jabs at it were not.  That is where they crossed the line and I was so proud that Brandi pointed it out. 

I agree with you about the hat. I did not think Leanne telling Kary to take off hat was in any way bullying. That word and narcissist get thrown out way too much in housewife land. I thought the first time Leanne said it she was just warning her. Also, while I do think housewives tend to be annoying when traveling, I thought Kary saying Leanne was stupid for paying however much for the elephant figurine and that Leanne has never travelled abroad like it was a insult was a bit much. I am lucky to have travelled abroad a fair amount, but I would not look down on my friends who have not.

D'Andra wearing Leanne's dress was not in an everyone on Southern Charm New Orleans wearing a Jon Moody neon turtleneck funny joke. It seemed more mean spirited. I think if D'Andra wore the dress a couple of seasons ago Leanne probably would have thought it was funny or be somewhat amused, because they were better friends then. Now not so much. It may have gone over better if Kary was not involved as well, then again it may have not.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

She is such an asshole.  She is absolutely the type to look down on someone who hasn't traveled all over the world.  Most people don't travel because they can't afford it, not because they are ignorant or too dumb.  She KEPT saying it, too, like in snide whispers. 

The travel comment was not meant like that.  It is more like people who do travel.........like this group........but, do not take the time to learn or act mindful  about different cultures.

So....in fact....you really do not travel.  Closed minded travel experience. 

When LeAnne said Hispanic....she accentuated the ....S***....sound.  She is garbage!

Who is LeAnne to look down on World Famous Thai street food when she grew up eating out of the same type of kiosks as a carnival kid.......???

I agree about Kary.  She is truly wasting her freshman season playing into LeAnne’s manipulations to create fight drama.  LeAnne will ruin your reputation. Rookie mistake!

Instead, of focusing on her business....Kary is coming off as an immature gossipy bored housewife.  Kinda like 1st season Brandi & Stephanie.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, princelina said:

Well she doesn't need to remind us. Her over-exaggerated accent  is enough reminder.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Who was the dull housewife that was on RHOBH that reminded everyone in practically every episode that she was Armenian? Kary is verging on that territory.

She’s brought it up less than LeeAnne brings up being a carny. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14