Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Babes in Thailand

• Start Topic

I was on Kary's side a little during the hat thing. She took it off, it looked (to me) like she waited until she got the entrance of the temple and then took it off. Leanne kept telling her before that to take it off, when she was already planning on it. I would be annoyed too.

I was not on her side during the dress thing. Brandi and Kam were right, she and D kept bringing up how difficult it was to put on and kept going. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I was on Kary's side a little during the hat thing. She took it off, it looked (to me) like she waited until she got the entrance of the temple and then took it off. Leanne kept telling her before that to take it off, when she was already planning on it. I would be annoyed too.

I was not on her side during the dress thing. Brandi and Kam were right, she and D kept bringing up how difficult it was to put on and kept going. 

The hat thing really wasn't necessary. But I still don't see those tiny moments as a scenario where "LeeAnn is always picking at me, telling me what to do" and justifying Kary participating in dress-gate. I've seen Kary tell LeeAnn what to do in way more situations - and about much more personal things than a damn hat. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The hat thing really wasn't necessary. But I still don't see those tiny moments as a scenario where "LeeAnn is always picking at me, telling me what to do" and justifying Kary participating in dress-gate. I've seen Kary tell LeeAnn what to do in way more situations - and about much more personal things than a damn hat. 

But that isn’t the only example there was the bitching about how far her house was during the Mexico trip, the mifepristone bridge, telling her she couldn’t speak about having a bad childhood, screaming in her face at her bachelorette, saying her jewelry looked like anal beads and on and on. Kary is an asshole but so is LeeAnne.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I think they showed one comment LeeAnne made about someone’s business (the anal beads). That was definitely not nice, but imagine if a dinner turned into a mockery of Kary’s jewelry line or D’andra’s skin care. If I had a legitimate constructive criticism for my friend, I’d tell her as gently as possible off camera. I haven’t been thrilled with LeeAnne this season, but she was absolutely mean girled.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But that isn’t the only example there was the bitching about how far her house was during the Mexico trip, the mifepristone bridge, telling her she couldn’t speak about having a bad childhood, screaming in her face at her bachelorette, saying her jewelry looked like anal beads and on and on. Kary is an asshole but so is LeeAnne.

They do look like anal beads!

At least she dropped it after that.  What if she was like, "they look like anal beads, you really need to think about that... did you think about that?  Where were they manufactured?  Do you have an instruction booklet in case someone wants to use them as anal beads??..."

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

They do look like anal beads!

Not really given that they were rectangles with sharp edges, someone would end up in the ER. But by that same token LeeAnne’s dress is poorly made and does need a instruction book. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Kary was really being mean to Leeanne. I was surprised to see Brandi stand up for Leeanne. Her and D’Andra were so close like a season ago (I think a season(s). Kary really had that “evil grin” going when Leeanne left the table lol I miss the old Cary so much lol 

• Love 10

Poor D'Andra and Kary not knowing how to operate snaps. 

Thank goodness LeeAnne didn't use a zipper as her dress attachment-- one of them could have been seriously injured!

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
Just now, Jel said:

Poor D'Andra and Kary not knowing how to operate snaps. 

Even LeeAnne said the snaps weren’t working right because they had switched manufactures. I have an infinity scarf that has no attachments still came with an instruction sheet with different looks you could do.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Even LeeAnne said the snaps weren’t working right because they had switched manufactures. I have an infinity scarf that has no attachments still came with an instruction sheet with different looks you could do.

If it was an infinity scarf that LeeAnne was selling, I think we'd have been treated to scenes of the two of them rolling around on the floor trying to figure out how to wear it. Lots of sticking legs through it, wrapping it around their arms, wearing it as a sling, accidentally-on-purpose getting tangled up in it.

It's snaps, a maxi skirt and sleeves. I think anyone over five years old pretty much has the snaps down (even reluctant snaps). And I'd guess about 15-30 seconds of thinking would take care of the rest?

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

It's snaps, a maxi skirt and sleeves. I think anyone over five years old pretty much has the snaps down (even reluctant snaps). And I'd guess about 15-30 seconds of thinking would take care of the rest?

Since apparently the snaps in the accessories didn’t fit the snaps on the dress, which LeeAnne acknowledged, it took longer. The whole purpose of LeeAnne’s dress is that it has over a 175 different, in my opinion ugly, looks so thinking there should be a booklet showing them isn't just basic common sense it’s the entire concept of her business.

Also, why is LeeAnne sending out defective merchandise if she is aware of the issue?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Since apparently the snaps in the accessories didn’t fit the snaps on the dress, which LeeAnne acknowledged, it took longer. The whole purpose of LeeAnne’s dress is that it has over a 175 different, in my opinion ugly, looks so thinking there should be a booklet showing them is basic common sense.

The 175 different looks involve sleeves and the skirt. Attach one flutter sleeve with the maxi extender, now attach two, now wear it without the maxi skirt, etc.. It's all the same basic principle. None of it is hard, and those two looked ridiculous to be "struggling" with something so simple.

• Love 9

They commented on the heat and were glad when they returned to the air conditioning of their hotel, but overall they didn’t whine about the climate as much as I would have expected. 

I can understand that Kameron was not into eating the street food, but the typhoid   (her inoculation ran out that year) remark was over the top. I’d personally be more afraid of Hepatitis A and would just politely abstain if I felt the food was cooked in a dirty pan. Some of my pans look dirty. They aren’t. They’re seasoned. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Since apparently the snaps in the accessories didn’t fit the snaps on the dress, which LeeAnne acknowledged, it took longer. The whole purpose of LeeAnne’s dress is that it has over a 175 different, in my opinion ugly, looks so thinking there should be a booklet showing them isn't just basic common sense it’s the entire concept of her business.

It shouldn't be that hard.  They were complaining about the snaps, but also that she needs instructions for VERY easy to figure out dress attachments.

I think the whole point of the dress it to be creative, so attach what you want where you want it.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm cringing at the upcoming ping-pong scenario. Those women are essentially sex workers. No one should be making jokes and Bravo  should not be sending its participants to see them. Anything for a buck, I guess.

Yes exactly!  And I now call BS on the Tallest Little Girl in the World being afraid of big black dildos in America if she's eager to see a ping pong show in Thailand 🙄

4 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And I'm pretty sure if I talked to her about her necklaces the way she talked to the vendor in Thailand about the elephant, she would definitely get pissy.

I know right?  Someone commented here just last week that you can get necklaces like that at TJMaxx for @$30 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I liked the long bling earrings that Kameron wore to the dinner after they went to see the reclining Buddha. I was wondering if they were real diamonds. I wouldn’t feel comfortable traveling with such valuable jewelry. I do think that she was safe enough in the hotel. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Exactly!  Years ago on my first cruise, we stopped in Belize. I saw a beautiful, hand carved, wooden hummingbird. I talked it over with Stupendous Man and we agreed it would look nice and that if it was more than $20, I wouldn't get it.

The guy asked for $14 and I bought it.  My BIL was aghast that I didn't barter and I said "Why?  It's less than I was willing to pay."  So for part of the trip, he kept trying to involve himself in my purchases.

I finally told him that I was surprised he was so cheap and thoughtless.  For the very reasons you stated Jel.

I'm pretty sure her bead necklaces cost more than the lovely opal elephant.....and I'm pretty sure the opal elephant at the very least is the same quality as her "necklaces".

And I'm pretty sure if I talked to her about her necklaces the way she talked to the vendor in Thailand about the elephant, she would definitely get pissy.

Good for you, Dosodog. 🙂

IIRC, Kary said to Stephanie that one of her necklaces was $300 ish, which Steph said was a good price.  If someone offered her $150 and said a only a stupid person would pay $300, would Kary agree? I'm betting no.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

LeeAnne showed up at Stephanie’s party in her home dressed as “two faced Stephanie” to mock and humiliate her in front of a room full of her family and friends at least Kary and D’Andra kept their mocking to the actual dress not her personality and didn’t do it in front of a crowd. The three of them are all assholes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

LeeAnne showed up at Stephanie’s party in her home dressed as “two faced Stephanie” to mock and humiliate her in front of a room full of her family and friends at least Kary and D’Andra kept their mocking to the actual dress not her personality and didn’t do it in front of a crowd. The three of them are all assholes.

Oh gosh, I forgot about that.  Knowing what we now know about Stephanie and her history with depression, that was downright cruel.

I personally think that most teasing is at its heart, mean.  I had a boyfriend once who I teased, and laughed, and teased more, until he sat me down and told me he just didn't think it was nice, and asked me to stop.  He turned out to be the nicest, sweetest guy I've ever known, and I realized then and there how hurtful it was.

I think that D'Andra doubled down on the teasing when she went after something LeeAnn created and is trying to make a business out of.  As was LeeAnn for calling Kary's necklaces "anal beads".  Like, is there anything these ladies won't go after??

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I personally think that most teasing is at its heart, mean.  I had a boyfriend once who I teased, and laughed, and teased more, until he sat me down and told me he just didn't think it was nice, and asked me to stop.  He turned out to be the nicest, sweetest guy I've ever known, and I realized then and there how hurtful it was.

I

I think this depends on the friend ... I have a best friend and we tease the fuck out of each other ... I mean we say some mean ass things .. like if anyone didn't know us they would think we hate each other but to us its all in fun we know we love each other and dont take what we are saying serious ... I know and he knows we would move heaven and earth for each other  its just when we are talking its funny to take the piss out of each other .... I think it also has to do with how comfortable you are with yourself and with your friend ... Leanne isn't close enough with anyone of these ladies to do this she loves to poke poke poke but when it comes down to it she cant take it in reverse  ... having said that .... they could have dropped it but kept going which was beating a dead horse ...... I pick no side in this but of course leanne is gonna harp on this forever and bring it up over and over and over while leaving out the shit she has done to each of these ladies herself 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think this depends on the friend ... I have a best friend and we tease the fuck out of each other ... I mean we say some mean ass things .. like if anyone didn't know us they would think we hate each other but to us its all in fun we know we love each other and dont take what we are saying serious ... I know and he knows we would move heaven and earth for each other  its just when we are talking its funny to take the piss out of each other .... I think it also has to do with how comfortable you are with yourself and with your friend ... 

This reminds me of my good friend and we use terrible language with each other and have obscene pet names. All in the name of Love. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Oh gosh, I forgot about that.  Knowing what we now know about Stephanie and her history with depression, that was downright cruel.

I think that D'Andra doubled down on the teasing when she went after something LeeAnn created and is trying to make a business out of.  As was LeeAnn for calling Kary's necklaces "anal beads".  Like, is there anything these ladies won't go after??

Teasing can be fun when it's genuinely lighthearted. I have friends who are really good at being playful and funny. But some of the women on these RH shows joke about one another's businesses, marriages and such. At that point it's not in good fun. It's being a bitch. Passive aggressive types can be more annoying than the people who are more transparent with their meanness. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

This reminds me of my good friend and we use terrible language with each other and have obscene pet names. All in the name of Love. 

If you can't tease the one you love ... (tease the one you're with).

[/obscure old song reference]

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jel said:

How I wish LeAnn would have said that to those two bitches. Maybe that would have shut them up. LeAnn had that same deer in the headlights look as she did when D'Andra was going on about Rich cheating on her last season. On camera. D'andra is a vile horrible human being. LeeAnn is a mess but she really tried to hold it together at the table. Then of course she went batshit crazy when she left the table and poor Steph got the brunt of that. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Teasing can be fun when it's genuinely lighthearted. I have friends who are really good at being playful and funny. But some of the women on these RH shows joke about one another's businesses, marriages and such. At that point it's not in good fun. It's being a bitch. Passive aggressive types can be more annoying than the people who are more transparent with their meanness. 

Exactly, I have friends that can tease me and I can’t tease back. But If it is not a friend or a former friend and it doesn’t end, that is being a huge bitch.

Passive-aggressive types are the worst. Took me a few year’s living in Georgia with a bunch of uptight passive aggressive women to learn that they we being nice while they were insulting me. Like the one time this women from my Woman’s club said to me, I know you it what you do work a living, but we’ve always done it this way. To this day I regret not telling her that yes, and I get paid $200 an hour but I did it for this club for free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How I wish LeAnn would have said that to those two bitches. Maybe that would have shut them up. LeAnn had that same deer in the headlights look as she did when D'Andra was going on about Rich cheating on her last season. On camera. D'andra is a vile horrible human being. LeeAnn is a mess but she really tried to hold it together at the table. Then of course she went batshit crazy when she left the table and poor Steph got the brunt of that. 

If the dress can be worn 100 and something different ways I’m sorry it would need to come with instructions it obviously isn’t just as simple as snapping things together because there is a shit ton of different combinations to snap together.  common sense would tell you that. Even that twist dress that this monstrosity of a Frankenstein dress was obviously ripping off came with instructions because without it you don’t know how the hell to twist it. That be like handing someone an ikea set up and go well it just fits together  you don’t need instructions good luck. Leanne knew she fucked up at that end and couldn’t defend that point because the average female consumer would be confused. Like what the fuck is this supposed to attach to to make it look like that. Maybe that’s why it’s drifted off into oblivion and no one is rushing to buy it and she’s pretty much swept its existence under the rug. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If the dress can be worn 100 and something different ways I’m sorry it would need to come with instructions it obviously isn’t just as simple as snapping things together common sense would tell you that. Even that twist dress that this monstrosity of a Frankenstein dress was obviously ripping off came with instructions because without it you don’t know how the hell to twist it. That be like handing someone an ikea set up and go well it just fits together  you don’t need instructions good luck. 

Yeah, I get all that but D'Andra and Kary didn't need to keep harping on it. They made their point loud and clear. It wasn't good enough for them, though, because they didn't get the reaction out of LeeAnn they hoped for so they kept on and on and on to the point of ruining the dinner and even Cam and Brandi telling them to stop. It was cruel, childish and hurtful. I don't care how hot of a mess that dress is! That vicious smirk on Kary's face was all I needed to see to tell me what a hateful woman she is. 

• Love 20

I also think that Kary and D’Andra took it too far because they are assholes, I just couldn’t feel sorry for LeeAnne’s racist ass because she also takes things way too far and never takes responsibility for it and tries to deflect. Currently she is on Twitter saying Kary is a homophobe which maybe accurate but that doesn’t mean LeeAnne isn’t racist.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I also think that Kary and D’Andra took it too far because they are assholes, I just couldn’t feel sorry for LeeAnne’s racist ass because she also takes things way too far and never takes responsibility for it and tries to deflect. Currently she is on Twitter saying Kary is a homophobe which maybe accurate but that doesn’t mean LeeAnne isn’t racist.

Two things can be true at once (and none of them reflect well on those three)

• Love 14
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Pretty much. LeeAnne's bigotry disgusted me. I was hoping she put her foot in her mouth ONCE, but nope. It was comment after comment. 

But the mocking of her dress was also quite mean and not funny at all.

Stephanie is the sweetest per usual, and I'm glad that Brandi sees right is right and wrong is wrong. You don't have to be besties with LeeAnne to know how cruel it is to make fun of someone like that. 

Agree. They were obviously trying to humiliate LeeAnne. It wasn't innocent fun or a "joke" as they said. D'Andra went to the trouble of ordering the dress under a fake name and a P.O. box. Sounds like premeditated mean girls tactics to me. 

I do not like Kary. She is snotty and mean. I don't think she'll be invited back next season. 

I'm glad Brandi stood up for LeeAnne and didn't accept the false premise the other two were putting forward. Having said that, LeeAnne's racist comments made me cringe. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Jel said:

Good for you, Dosodog. 🙂

IIRC, Kary said to Stephanie that one of her necklaces was $300 ish, which Steph said was a good price.  If someone offered her $150 and said a only a stupid person would pay $300, would Kary agree? I'm betting no.

😲GET OUT! (Shoves Jel into next room ala Elaine and Jerry).

$300?!?!?

Who's tushie did they come out of to be $300? Am I out of touch with the price of jewelry in 2019?  

I was thinking $30-$40 range.  $300?!?

https://m.facebook.com/KamoByKary/

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, princelina said:

I didn't think they behaved so badly in Thailand - the obligatory fight was kept within the walls of the hotel 😄 When they were touring about they acted normal.  I actually visited that giant reclining Buddha (and possibly that first temple they were at) about 25 years ago.  I don't remember much but I do remember how our tour guide was a sweet man like theirs seemed to be - earnest about teaching us but with a sense of humor and making little jokes.

As a rule I don't have any hard likes/dislikes amongst these silly women, and the ones who show up to ruin a good time are the ones who are on my list.  (with regard to the Tallest Little Girl in the World - I just can't stand the baby talk.  When I was a college freshman, my obnoxious roommate and her obnoxious friend would gather in our room on Sundays to read the coupon section of the Sunday paper in PeeWee Herman voices - and Leanne thinks she has suffered!!  So I have hated "voices" for 30+ years now.  I couldn't even stand Robin Williams.)  But it seemed like she and Stephanie, Brandi and Leanne were enjoying themselves until they were joined by the Bitch Sisters, intent on provoking a fight.  And what goes unsaid (because TV!) is that they were trying to crap all over Leanne's "business" by mocking it and making it look stupid to the viewing public.  I'm sure that's what she and Stephanie were referring to when they talked about "what they were doing in the room."  D'Andra might be better served showing up at breakfast without a weird, plastic-looking face in order to promote her own "business".

ETA:  I have seen enough of Kary (and of course Leanne over the years) to figure out that Leanne's "racist" remarks were a reaction to Kary constantly reminding everyone that she's a Mexican.

This post is everything. I loved this episode.  I thought it was very beautiful in color, and I forgot how much I could enjoy them getting along (usually I find getting along boring, because I'm a horrible person).

Since you put the word "racist" in quotes, I'm just going to go ahead and agree it belongs in quotes and I'm going to do the pedantic thing, because I am a huge proponent in being precise in language in general: Stephanie was 100% right when she said that she wasn't cool with Leeanne's ethnic slur (but she didn't say anything because she didn't want to get killed).

Thing is, saying anti-Mexican shit, even if it's about Kary, is awful.  It disgraces the person who says the words, not the other way around.  It's an ethnic slur.  It's bigotry.  But it's not racist.  "Mexican" is not a race.  There are only three races--basically black, white and Asian (I'm not going to say their scientific names, because it could offend someone, but they can be easily looked up).  Kary appears to be Caucasian to me, as does Eduardo.  The reason that people from Latin America often (not always) have dark complexions is because the Spanish intermarried with the native people, as well as the black people, but neither "Hispanic" nor "Mexican" is a race.  Mexican is a nationality.  

If an argument can be made that Kary is of mixed race, which she never advanced, the vast majority of the people in this country, and probably even on this cast, can be and are mixed race as well.  People do those DNA tests and they're shocked at what they find.  I'm a quarter Puerto Rican.  My grandma had dark hair and eyes and a dark complexion.  I'm assuming there was some native person and/or black in her, but if someone made an off-color Puerto Rican remark at or to me, I would not say they're racist, because it wouldn't be accurate, unless they were making a specific appeal to what's in my/my grandmother's blood, as opposed to saying she shouldn't speak Spanish or that she is bad by virtue of having lived in Puerto Rico.  I just have to put this out there because I think there's a special type of awful for real racists, people who use the n word and such, and I think we rob the word of its meaning when we apply it to "mere" bigots.  (I hope the irony of me putting quotes around "mere" is inferred).

Anyway, switching topics, I really liked Stephanie this episode!  She was basically perfect.  Very sweet and kind, but not a pushover.  Not an over-explainer or a worrier or an apologizer.  She was very kind and considerate, but she just lived and I was so here for it.  I think being the hostess gives her some confidence and I am praying she brings that back to Dallas with her!

As far as the dress, I agree that Kary and D'andra went on and on far too long, although the scene was clearly edited, so we'll never know exactly how it went down.  I was really--I think someone upthread used the word "proud"--I was really proud of Brandi for sticking up for what was right.  I just wish Kary and D'andra hadn't done it because it gave Leeanne the ammunition she--let's face it--wanted and needed.  Leeanne was high on her own supply when she was ranting in poor Stephanie's face, and I think it would have been far cooler for Kary and D'andra to just wait for Leeanne to get herself into a lather into something on her own.  Or maybe they couldn't spare the five minutes?

I wasn't annoyed on Kary's behalf the whole two times Leeanne kind of mumbled to Kary that she needed to take her hat off, no matter how many times Bravo insisted on repeating it.  In fact, one of the two times Leeanne was just reading a sign out loud.  Miss me for getting heated over that one, Kary.

I usually haaaaate when the producers over-produce the show like they think they are cute or something, but this was actually funny when they listed the rules of Thailand and then showed each one being violated.  I also really loved the spliced together scenes of the women going from the plane to their destination, complete with Kam's amnesia.  Loved it.  These little things are some of the pleasure of watching.  I'm never flown to Thailand, but I've flown to Athens with a stop-over at Heathrow in business class, and it was fascinating for me to see them do it in luxury.  And it's a true story--you really don't remember how you got halfway across the world.  It's like surgery.  I was even there for D'andra saying she was so hot that she couldn't sleep and she wasn't wearing underwear or a bra.  Hey, thanks for owning up to menopause at 50, girl!  Can you go tell Ramona over on RHNYC that menopause isn't a high crime or misdemeanor?

9 hours ago, Jel said:

And the "paying too much" thing bugged me too because it bugs me in real life. We travel a little and when I see people who have paid $10,000 for their 10 day vacation haggle with a street vendor over such a small amount it rubs me the wrong way. Is it really the $10, or is because you want to look like international jet setter? It always strikes me as cheap and mean. $20 is a great price for a piece of carved opal. Maybe Kary could get it for less but maybe the artisan could also get a little more, and would that really be so bad if it happened?  Just because you can get things cheaper doesn't mean you should.  Share the wealth in this small way, is all I'm saying. Even if it makes you look less "cool" about haggling with street vendors.

I don't disagree with you.  The only thing I'll say in defense of negotiatiating, or haggling, is that some cultures, especially cultures from the Arabian peninsula, people find it an insult if you don't haggle with them.  When you pay full price, the vendors think they could have gotten you to pay more and they become frustrated with themselves.  Please don't ask me to cite a source for this, because I learned it growing up.  I grew up going to flea markets with my grandmother--not the one from Puerto Rico, the other one--pretty much mutually spitting insults in Yiddish with the Israeli booth vendors, and as soon as they reached an agreement, a friendly conversation would ensure.  So, just from my cultural bias, I see it a little differently.

I'll end here, because I can't think of a better place to end:  D'andra has some mighty big, white calves.  I noticed it twice this episode.  Home girl didn't want to get a quick spray tan before jetting off to Thailand?  It's a little refreshing to see someone so normal, but it does stand out amongst these women who are so "done" to within an inch of their lives.

I miss Cary Deuber again, even though this episode was the tops.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Exactly, I have friends that can tease me and I can’t tease back. But If it is not a friend or a former friend and it doesn’t end, that is being a huge bitch.

Passive-aggressive types are the worst. Took me a few year’s living in Georgia with a bunch of uptight passive aggressive women to learn that they we being nice while they were insulting me. Like the one time this women from my Woman’s club said to me, I know you it what you do work a living, but we’ve always done it this way. To this day I regret not telling her that yes, and I get paid $200 an hour but I did it for this club for free.

Exactly. Sometimes I speak up to passive aggressive types. Sometimes I don’t feel like it. I get so annoyed when they play innocent when confronted!

@LibertarianSlut I wondered if someone would bring up Mexican not being a race. What you said is absolutely true, but the way LeeAnne kept talking about “Mexican” this, “Hispanic” that, even saying she doesn’t speak Hispanic, she sounded like the quintessential ignorant racist. Is she so stupid she doesn’t know it’s Spanish or was she saying Hispanic because she was just trying to be as offensive as possible? If she looks down upon people from other countries, whether it’s due to their nationality, color, culture, first language, accent, I don’t care. It’s so ugly. In my experience, most bigots are bigoted toward anything that’s not their normal-whether that’s a different ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion, etc. I don’t see LeeAnne as part of the KKK or anything, but she sure came across as someone who felt superior as a white American woman. I hope LeeAnne knows better than to use the n word, but I thought she’d know better than to use someone being Mexican to insult too. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. Sometimes I speak up to passive aggressive types. Sometimes I don’t feel like it. I get so annoyed when they play innocent when confronted!

@LibertarianSlut I wondered if someone would bring up Mexican not being a race. What you said is absolutely true, but the way LeeAnne kept talking about “Mexican” this, “Hispanic” that, even saying she doesn’t speak Hispanic, she sounded like the quintessential ignorant racist. Is she so stupid she doesn’t know it’s Spanish or was she saying Hispanic because she was just trying to be as offensive as possible? If she looks down upon people from other countries, whether it’s due to their nationality, color, culture, first language, accent, I don’t care. It’s so ugly. In my experience, most bigots are bigoted toward anything that’s not their normal-whether that’s a different ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion, etc. I don’t see LeeAnne as part of the KKK or anything, but she sure came across as someone who felt superior as a white American woman. I hope LeeAnne knows better than to use the n word, but I thought she’d know better than to use someone being Mexican to insult too. 

Exactly.  Even though it’s standard usage in America to use the term racist when referring to bigotry against Latinx people of all ethnicities, I will only refer to LeeAnne in this forum as a xenophobic asshole. Let’s not forget she didn’t just request a non-Street food place for lunch she stated that she wanted the waiters to speak English.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

"If D'Andra had just shown up in the dress, worn any way she chose (could have been just the plain black dress with nice accessories), it would have been seen as an homage to LeeAnn.  The fact that she & Kary had trouble figuring it out was funny while they were in their room, but yes, they continued it on....and on....and on."

This.  But then I remember Leeann and D'Andra have major, major issues and they haven't addressed them.  Add jet lag and there you go.  Lee talking about Kary is completely uncool.  Lee isn't sedated this time; it is time to let her go.  Nobody wants to see somebody who lives in Texas of all places start ranting about "Mexicans."  I can't imagine the backlash but there will be plenty of it.  Good thing she's already had the comps from her wedding.

• Love 4

imo D’Andra and Kary were being mean girls about LeeAnne’s idiotic multi-piece dress. btw, anyone remember the Wonder Dress, which only had one piece but could be tied 20 ways? Looks like today’s version is used for bridesmaids.

ph3atbaaog2qbwe.jpg

cheap-baby-blue-2019-simple-convertible-

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I see your point, and I think we're pretty much in agreement about a lot of things that you spelled out, but I just can't get "there" from "here."  To me, it's like saying an armed burglar could very well be a murderer if he stumbles into the wrong house one night.  Maybe.  Probably.  But I'm not prepared to call a burglar a murder until he murders someone.  I'm not prepared to call Leeanne racist until she exhibitis actual racism.  I think we have an English language packed with words to use about her crass behavior (which she exhibited over and over again, and on TV, so I'm scared to think what says off-camera).  And since we have all of these accurate words, I am not at all comfortable ramping up the charges to "racism," because it's not accurate or deserved IMO.  I'll just leave my $.02 there.

🙏

• Love 8

12 hours ago, Sterling said:

Like, is there anything these ladies won't go after??

Obscurity?

Class?

In the 90s my pregnant girlfriend wore something that I think was called The Multiples. It was a small set of stretchy jersey clothing items that could be configured various ways. She wore it to my wedding and then after her child was born she wore it while she lost weight.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1