Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Babes in Thailand

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes exactly!  And I now call BS on the Tallest Little Girl in the World being afraid of big black dildos in America if she's eager to see a ping pong show in Thailand 🙄

I know right?  Someone commented here just last week that you can get necklaces like that at TJMaxx for @$30 😄 

That was me!  Kary telling the vendor Leanne was stupid for paying full price was stupid...does not make me want to buy any of her over priced baubles.  

• Love 10

I think the fact that LeeAnn comes from a state with a large Mexican population qualifies those comments as racist. She knows better. Do better. I am a mixed race Boricua. That bitch would have spoken like that about me or my ethnicity she would have been eating her teeth. 
That said Kary is an asshole and an elitist. And I wouldn’t be surprised if she harbored some bigoted views her own damn self. 
What she and deandra did to LeeAnn was really cruel. They attacked her business, even it was a failure or not, I have never heard of Deandra’s skincare line and I am a skin care whore. Is Kary’s line of butt beads on net a porter? 
It showed these bitches really think they are better than her. Kary was nasty on this trip to the locals and LeeAnn. I have empathy for LeeAnn but she’s a monster. She makes good tv because homegirl is unhinged and unfiltered, but I wouldn’t want to be around her in real life. 
And whenever I see people who drink like fishes suddenly get all special snowflake at “street food” it annoys me. Eat noodles. skip the meat. Have a coconut drink. Be in the moment. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

btw, anyone remember the Wonder Dress, which only had one piece but could be tied 20 ways? Looks like today’s version is used for bridesmaids.

Hee! I have a bridesmaid dress like that from about five years ago, only it is short and black. I thought it was nice for bridesmaid purposes so everyone could pick how they wanted to wear it. The dresses did not come with instructions, but they pointed you to a YouTube video that showed the different ways to wear it. Now it seems that different dresses in a similar color is a trend.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That was me!  Kary telling the vendor Leanne was stupid for paying full price was stupid...does not make me want to buy any of her over priced baubles.  

Maybe you can haggle with Kary for her overpriced jewelry. I mean, it would be stupid not to. 😉

Edited by Misslindsey
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I also think that Kary and D’Andra took it too far because they are assholes, I just couldn’t feel sorry for LeeAnne’s racist ass because she also takes things way too far and never takes responsibility for it and tries to deflect. Currently she is on Twitter saying Kary is a homophobe which maybe accurate but that doesn’t mean LeeAnne isn’t racist.

Did she give a reason for her thinking Kary is a homophobe?  Just curious.  Twitter scares me, so I don't want to take a look myself!

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Peggy someone? Painfully thin girl.

Yes, the woman who pretended not to know who Santa is, and the word "coal," if I remember correctly.  "What is coal??"

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

In the 90s my pregnant girlfriend wore something that I think was called The Multiples. It was a small set of stretchy jersey clothing items that could be configured various ways. She wore it to my wedding and then after her child was born she wore it while she lost weight.

Multiples were my jam! I wore them like crazy in the late 80's early 90's as a kid.  I had multiple (sorry, had to do it) colors, belts, etc.  Those were the best.

I also miss Cary Dueber, and I am very impressed with Brandi.  She saw through it from the start, and it was really sweet of her to lean over to LeeAnn and ask if she was ok.

Kary and DeeAndra - if you have to harp on the same thing and repeat yourself that often, you were doing it to be mean.  Also, you wouldn't have mismatched the attachable sleeves.

I think the dress is a cool idea - maybe not everyone's style, but it's a cool idea.  According to Andy Cohen, it's sold really well and been successful.  And who's to say it doesn't come with directions?  Just DeeAndra? Maybe it has a website tutorial?  I got a hair bun twist thingy and the lady who sold it gave me a business card with a link for a youtube how-to video.  Works great!

ETA: Kary kept saying to the vendor and the ladies that LeeAnne had never left the country before... Um, you took her to Mexico moron.  It's a different country.

Edited by Slider
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Did she give a reason for her thinking Kary is a homophobe?  Just curious.  Twitter scares me, so I don't want to take a look myself!

Nope just her and Rich repeating that she is one. Again, would not surprise me but her using that as a deflection every time someone brings up her behavior is my issue with her.

• Love 6

I'm not sure there's ever been a more tenuous justification for a RHW girls' trip than "My husband's ailing father is in Thailand and he needs to go retrieve him."  And there have been some slim-ass justifications for trips over the years. 

I noticed in the flashback to the last episode, when drunk D'Andra was pulling Brandi to the floor, Brandi attempted to take a sip from her drink on the way down.  Hee! 

Lol at the women being served chicken nuggets at their fancy breakfast.  Someone at that hotel must be a viewer.  🙂

Edited by ladle
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

In the 90s my pregnant girlfriend wore something that I think was called The Multiples. It was a small set of stretchy jersey clothing items that could be configured various ways. She wore it to my wedding and then after her child was born she wore it while she lost weight.

I'm pretty sure the person who invented Multiples (and also, Units which were one size fits all) was a designer from Dallas. Maybe she hooked up with LeeAnne, and they created her  snappy dress. 

• LOL 1
On 11/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, biakbiak said:

With all the racism and nastiness I forgot to mention what the hell was that awful wig with bangs that Stephanie was wearing in a new TH?!?

LOL, I saw that in the previous episode and I was shook.  It's not good!

• Love 6

I can't stand dough-faced Kary. She had a shit eating grin on her face during that attack on LeeAne. And Deandra honey, you are the last person who should be poking fun at someone's dress, what with your God awful getups. And your skincare line was founded by what looks like a wooden ventriloquist's dummy

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
On 11/21/2019 at 9:42 AM, Misslindsey said:

I thought Kary saying Leanne was stupid for paying however much for the elephant figurine and that Leanne has never travelled abroad like it was a insult was a bit much. I am lucky to have travelled abroad a fair amount, but I would not look down on my friends who have not.

I also thought it was odd that both Kary and D'Andra made comments about Leanne having never traveled outside the U.S. when they had all just been to Mexico together.  Huh?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 11/21/2019 at 7:28 AM, Dance4Life said:

You have American born citizens from Puerto Rico whose official language is Spanish.

This makes Spanish one of the official languages in America.

NO it does not. Official is a word with a specific meaning; that how's words commonly work. 

Also, Kary was the only woman in the group that refused to remove her hat until she was either already inside a building or walking through an entryway, all the other women managed to remove their headgear and shoes without an issue. I have never once felt any sympathy or camaraderie with Leanne, but I absolutely agree with her take on Kary's disrespectful blasé attitude; it's not hard to respect the custom and remove the damn hat. Just take it off before you walk through the door. Acting like a jerk to prove a point that she doesn't HAVE to follow the rules or be told what to do, or whatever her motivation might have been, does not make her right in this situation. Just my personal opinion.  

• Love 18
6 hours ago, ladle said:

I also thought it was odd that both Kary and D'Andra made comments about Leanne having never traveled outside the U.S. when they had all just been to Mexico together.  Huh?  

I am not defending them but I assumed they meant she had only been out of the country before the show.

To speak about haggling often the stuff that is sold at ports or where a lot of tourists go they are selling massed produced shit that might not even  be made in the country. For instance the dude that Kary tried to haggle didn’t say why it was worth more he only kept saying that her friend had paid the price, LeeAnne thought the price was acceptable and Kary did not. Neither or wrong but it’s most likely true if Kary had haggled first they would have both ended up with a price that worked for both. There is nothing wrong or awesome about LeeAnne buying it at the offered price but I guarantee a block away from that tourist trap the exact thing could be had for 1/3 of the price. 

• Love 1

Kary is a total bitch, and she has been needling Leeanne from day one.  She came on the show with the idea in mind that she needed to go after Leeanne to create her story and bring the drama.  It’s pretty obvious that was her plan.

Leeanne has severe anger issues.  However, if you purposely rattle the lions cage, don’t be surprised when she reacts in an over the top way.  Leeanne, Like Kelly Dodd, pushes buttons and crosses boundaries.  I do think Leeanne in this case, was not the instigator and Kary was picking at her and was hoping for a reaction.  No, D’Andrea, this was not a funny joke.  The two of them were trying to ridicule the dress and humiliate Leeanne.

Kary is very difficult to like.  She treats her husband like a bank account, and when she realizes it’s not an endless financial free for all, she resents him.  He’s not responsible for her kids from a previous marriage besides them living in their shared home.  What’s the deal with Kary’s ex, is he broke?  Her comments on how hard marriage is?  I don’t think she would have married Eduardo if he was an everyday Joe.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Leeanne has severe anger issues.  However, if you purposely rattle the lions cage, don’t be surprised when she reacts in an over the top way.  Leeanne, Like Kelly Dodd, pushes buttons and crosses boundaries.  I do think Leeanne in this case, was not the instigator and Kary was picking at her and was hoping for a reaction.  No, D’Andrea, this was not a funny joke.  The two of them were trying to ridicule the dress and humiliate Leeanne.

Kary was not present for her xenophobic reaction so in real time she doesn’t know about it. If you poke a bear and than the bear has said shitty xenophobic nonsense pre and post poking that’s on the asshole bear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Kary was not present for her xenophobic reaction so in real time she doesn’t know about it. If you poke a bear and than the bear has said shitty xenophobic nonsense pre and post poking that’s on the asshole bear.

Lmao. Well said! I’ve enjoyed LeeAnne for a lot of this show, but her bigotry, continuing to use her childhood as an accuse for her poor behavior, and the way she treated her wedding guests have all left a poor taste in my mouth. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No one is excusing Leeanne’s behavior.  I also think this is a sensitive subject.  

I am guessing that Leeanne is going after the “going Mexican” and such because those are words Kary uses, according to Leeanne.  I did see Kary tell one of Leeanne’s gay friends off on Twitter and saying she would “go Mexican” on that person.  Does her attack make Kary homophobic??  I can’t judge because we aren’t necessarily privy to all that was said behind the scenes.  It felt to me that it was a similar thing to the Italian ladies on NJ.  Especially Teresa, always saying she’s going to “go Italian” on others.  What does that even mean?  Now that Joe is living there, is he handling all that Italian well??  I’m 50% Italian and hang out with my Italian side of the family.  The only thing we mention is visiting relatives in the old country and eating good Italian foods.  It’s not the center of our conversations like it is on RHONJ.  So, what in heck does “go Italian” even mean??  What does “going Mexican” mean??    So, Im giving Leeanne some slack because it sounds like Kary uses Teresa “isms” about her ethnicity as well, because she’s Mexican. I’m not sure I would go that far to call Leeanne a xenophobe.

Leeanne is messed up.  Poking it at her relentlessly is akin to asking for a mangy, stray dog to not snarl at you when you tease it with food. 

• Love 10

Whether Leanne is prejudiced in her heart (which, btw, would not make her unique: research suggests that we all have some form of internalized prejudice), or if she meant the terms in a prejudiced way or was just parroting Kary's comments-- to me, these things are beside the point.  The truth is that, whatever their intent, the comments came across in a cringeworthy, bigoted way.  When you have lots of people, including members of a marginalized group, telling you that something comes across as offensive, the correct response to that, in my opinion, is: "I was just parroting what Kary had said, and I had no bigoted intent with the comments, but I completely see now how they might be offensive-- I'm so very sorry, and I will learn from this."  That she did not do this and instead called Kary a homophobe speaks volumes.

That said, for some reason I can completely believe that Kary is a homophobe.  I really loathe her, you guys.    

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

am guessing that Leeanne is going after the “going Mexican” and such because those are words Kary uses, according to Leeanne.  I did see Kary tell one of Leeanne’s gay friends off on Twitter and saying she wo

But “going Mexican” isn’t the only thing she said and to pretend that tone and context doesn’t matter is bullshit. 

Two things that happened before the dress incident: LeeAnne demanded a lunch where the waiters spoke English and said maybe she should have talked to Kary “in Hispanic”. Xenophobic/racist neither of these comments had shit to do with her being upset about the dress or parroting Kary’s language. Not to mention her rage at Kary versus her former BFF.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CompltelySweet said:

NO it does not. Official is a word with a specific meaning; that how's words commonly work. 

Also, Kary was the only woman in the group that refused to remove her hat until she was either already inside a building or walking through an entryway, all the other women managed to remove their headgear and shoes without an issue. I have never once felt any sympathy or camaraderie with Leanne, but I absolutely agree with her take on Kary's disrespectful blasé attitude; it's not hard to respect the custom and remove the damn hat. Just take it off before you walk through the door. Acting like a jerk to prove a point that she doesn't HAVE to follow the rules or be told what to do, or whatever her motivation might have been, does not make her right in this situation. Just my personal opinion.  

You do not have to speak Spanish.  But, do not be racist against those that choose to speak Spanish either by choice or birthright. It is Puerto Ricans that become bilingual and bicultural....not the other way around.  Stop with the English Only mindset.  Puerto Ricans live on the island and mainland. Both American. Diversity  includes languages.

Housewives fights are classic......especially on trips. Both are wrong. I am going to let that play out as we probably have a few more episodes in Thailand. 

I did not see Kary enter a temple with her hat on. The grounds you saw is not the temples. Kary can remove her hat right before she enters the temples  if she wishes......not when LeAnne barks. I think LeAnne was confused about what on the grounds was considered a temple. 

As a general there are 2 issues going on in this episode.  

There is the Kary and LeAnne bickering. 

Nobody is really saying much about D’Andra who started the ‘2,000 Ways Dress-Gate.’

Then there is all the racist things LeAnne said about the Latino community that had zero to do with Kary and even happened before the ‘dress dinner.’

I feel the comments should reflect this, because it is reminding me of last season HW BH Puppygate when there was also 2 issues. Dorit, the Puppy Dumper vs LVP......&.....Teddi the Flip Flopper vs LVP).  

6 minutes ago, ladle said:

Whether Leanne is prejudiced in her heart (which, btw, would not make her unique: research suggests that we all have some form of internalized prejudice), or if she meant the terms in a prejudiced way or was just parroting Kary's comments-- to me, these things are beside the point.  The truth is that, whatever their intent, the comments came across in a cringeworthy, bigoted way.  When you have lots of people, including members of a marginalized group, telling you that something comes across as offensive, the correct response to that, in my opinion, is: "I was just parroting what Kary had said, and I had no bigoted intent with the comments, but I completely see now how they might be offensive-- I'm so very sorry, and I will learn from this."  That she did not do this and instead called Kary a homophobe speaks volumes.

That said, for some reason I can completely believe that Kary is a homophobe.  I really loathe her, you guys.    

Agreed.  It’s wrong.  I just think she was angry and making fun of Kary and using Kary’s own words on her.  Leeanne was wrong, no doubt about it.  She needs to apologize, perhaps Issue a public statement.  It will most certainly come up at the reunion and we will see how she addresses the topic.

I am just hesitant to use strong language and labels  because, as you said, we don’t know her intent.  That doesn’t make her words okay.  I am hesitant to label someone without understanding the whole context as well. Leeanne really is like a stray animal.  

Asking to go to a restaurant where they speak English isn’t prejudice, it’s looking for convenience for yourself.  Not wanting to eat street food is not prejudice.  

Leeanne is ignorant, that’s for sure.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Kary is a total bitch, and she has been needling Leeanne from day one.  She came on the show with the idea in mind that she needed to go after Leeanne to create her story and bring the drama.  It’s pretty obvious that was her plan.

Kary is very difficult to like.  She treats her husband like a bank account, and when she realizes it’s not an endless financial free for all, she resents him.  He’s not responsible for her kids from a previous marriage besides them living in their shared home.  What’s the deal with Kary’s ex, is he broke?  Her comments on how hard marriage is?  I don’t think she would have married Eduardo if he was an everyday Joe.

Yes to all of this!  And looking back now I am sure that Kary never intended to share what appeared to be a queen-sized bed with Leanne to "get to know her better." 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I am just hesitant to use strong language and labels  because, as you said, we don’t know her intent.  That doesn’t make her words okay.

I agree that I wouldn't go as far as to call her "a bigot" but, to me, it doesn't matter.  Bigotry exists outside of "full-on" bigots.  Prejudice is baked into our social institutions.  And there are plenty of seemingly well-meaning, woke people (and I'm not even saying Leanne is one of those, LOL!) who perpetuate prejudice all the time.  It doesn't matter how "actually" prejudiced they are -- the effect is still there.  

Whatever Kary meant by "go Mexican," and whether that's offensive, is something for her to hash out with other Mexicans/Mexican-Americans.  I don't think it's my place, as a non-Hispanic White American, to arbitrate that.  Similarly, I have friends of different races/ethnicities/religions who tell jokes about the groups they're a part of -- and I would never do that, as someone who's not a member of those groups.  YMMV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ladle said:

Wasn't the giant dildo situation in Mexico as well?

• Love 2

Not wanting to eat street food is not prejudice

True, but it is such a wasted opportunity...some of the best food in Asia is street food (or places which would be considered dive establishments in the West).

• Love 2

This episode made me upset.

First, I think travel is important. It unites us as a world, and makes us realize that though we are different, we are also the same. It is also a wonderful way to experience and gain appreciation for other cultures, and see the beauty and learn of the travesties. It humanizes people, helping to break down stereotypes and fears of other cultures. 

So, when I see someone like LeeAnne say something like she wants to go to an English speaking only restaurant (not that everyone has to eat street food, but there are actually Michelin star street foods. I get Kam might be a picky eater, and just want her usual, but why not at least try some noodles or something? 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Hiyo said:

True, but it is such a wasted opportunity...some of the best food in Asia is street food (or places which would be considered dive establishments in the West).

I hear you...but I won’t eat street food anywhere.  I live in Manhattan and have never eaten at a hot dog cart or a street fair.  When I travel, I’m picky about where I’ll eat, but I will eat overseas.  I’m very protective of my colon and TMI 😲don’t want any issues taking me away from the museums/locales. 😎

My husband travels frequently for work, Asia, India, etc and takes pills/shots before he travels (for particular countries) drinks only bottled water and still gets sick.  Remember RHONY, was it Columbia?  That was not fun to watch.  There’s nothing wrong with being cautious and particular with food you are putting in your body.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I hear you...but I won’t eat street food anywhere.  I live in Manhattan and have never eaten at a hot dog cart or a street fair.  When I travel, I’m picky about where I’ll eat, but I will eat overseas.  I’m very protective of my colon and TMI 😲don’t want any issues taking me away from the museums/locales. 😎

My husband travels frequently for work, Asia, India, etc and takes pills/shots before he travels (for particular countries) drinks only bottled water and still gets sick.  Remember RHONY, was it Columbia?  That was not fun to watch.  There’s nothing wrong with being cautious and particular with food you are putting in your body.

This whole debate reminds me of Charlotte York in the SATC movie. lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

This whole debate reminds me of Charlotte York in the SATC movie. lol

I didn’t watch that show.  Was that an ongoing side thing or was there a specific episode?  I didn’t watch much tv, was knee deep in kid land at the time!  I love Kristin Davis though!

33 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I didn’t watch that show.  Was that an ongoing side thing or was there a specific episode?  I didn’t watch much tv, was knee deep in kid land at the time!  I love Kristin Davis though!

It’s in the first film she refuses to eat any food in Mexico and brings her own but than accidentally has swallows some water in the shower and gets sick. 
I am very fortunate to have travelled extensively ate every kind of street food and never any sort of food related issues. I have however gotten food poisoning at two very nice restaurants in the US.

Re:  Street food... it's all in the way you say it.  You can bring your own snacks and just eat them later, or smile and simply say, "No thank you".  Obnoxious is obnoxious, no matter what country one is in.

I was on a business trip to China once, and for our first meal, which was lunch, our business contact brought in food, which was....McDonald's!  They handed each of us a McD's bag with a burger & fries, and they had Cokes for us.  They wanted to go out of their way to make us feel welcome, and we were so humbled by their effort.  They said they figured we would prefer that over their different food.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Re:  Street food... it's all in the way you say it.  You can bring your own snacks and just eat them later, or smile and simply say, "No thank you".  Obnoxious is obnoxious, no matter what country one is in.

I was on a business trip to China once, and for our first meal, which was lunch, our business contact brought in food, which was....McDonald's!  They handed each of us a McD's bag with a burger & fries, and they had Cokes for us.  They wanted to go out of their way to make us feel welcome, and we were so humbled by their effort.  They said they figured we would prefer that over their different food.

On your business trip, that was really sweet of them!  Yowza, I wouldn’t eat McD’s though either!  How in the world do you get out of that situation without offending their kind gesture?! 😳  No thank you doesn’t always work. For instance Kary was annoyed that all the other ladies didn’t want to eat from the vendor.  Enjoy it yourself and shut up.  Then there are the vegan vs meat eaters that can’t leave each other alone.

My biggest challenge is my family questioning why, oh why don’t I eat this or that, like not eating every type of dessert is an offensive act!  My Aunts get particularly offended. I will never understand why people care what other people eat/don’t eat.  I won’t judge anyone else for what they eat.  Why does anyone worry themselves about things like that?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

On your business trip, that was really sweet of them!  Yowza, I wouldn’t eat McD’s though either!  How in the world do you get out of that situation without offending their kind gesture?! 😳  No thank you doesn’t always work. For instance Kary was annoyed that all the other ladies didn’t want to eat from the vendor.  Enjoy it yourself and shut up.  Then there are the vegan vs meat eaters that can’t leave each other alone.

My biggest challenge is my family questioning why, oh why don’t I eat this or that, like not eating every type of dessert is an offensive act!  My Aunts get particularly offended. I will never understand why people care what other people eat/don’t eat.  I won’t judge anyone else for what they eat.  Why does anyone worry themselves about things like that?

I never understand that either.  Why does anyone care what other people eat?  I don't get it.

I'm not a big drinker, so I try to drink sparkling water with a lime so it looks like a drink, otherwise I get the "why aren't you drinking tonight" questions.  "Are you on antibiotics?  Are you ok?"  Um, no, MF, I just don't feel like it.

As long as people are acting nice, I don't see why anyone else cares why someone isn't eating.  D'Andra showed her xenophobia and downright rudeness.  All she had to do was politely decline, and eat later.

Re:  The McDonald's in China.  Same, but different, lol.  Burgers were smaller, but they tasted good.  Fries were smaller too.  We ended up getting McD's one day while we were out walking around, in the McD's location.  Clean, but limited menu, and hole-in-the-floor porcelain bowl type toilets...but they were clean.

They only had one size drink, and it's what we consider between a small & a medium.

I wanted to buy a shirt from a street vendor, and I told her a Medium.  She looked at me and said, "You no medium here!  You large, you may be Extra Large!".  LOL.....I ended up with an XL, and it barely fit.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I never understand that either.  Why does anyone care what other people eat?  I don't get it.

I'm not a big drinker, so I try to drink sparkling water with a lime so it looks like a drink, otherwise I get the "why aren't you drinking tonight" questions.  "Are you on antibiotics?  Are you ok?"  Um, no, MF, I just don't feel like it.

It makes me crazy!  I’ll eat what I’ll eat and not judge you and I expect the same courtesy in return.  I agree, people also get weird when you don’t drink alcohol.   I don’t care what your drinking, but my liver does not fancy alcohol!!  Live and let live.  I guess there would no drama/show if that was the case.😚

That’s funny about the size differential on the McDs food and the tshirt.  Like the ladies in Texas, the USA likes everything big.  We definitely have a vanity size system for our clothes.  

• Love 3

Yeah, and to be dismissive of street food because it is "yucky" or whatever is just dumb. You're traveling abroad, make an effort to experience part of the culture.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Sterling said:

I did think their responses were OTT. Calm down. 

However, I also thought it was rude of Kary and D'andra to just be like, "We're doing street food now". And it wasn't like they just grabbed something easy and kept walking around. They ordered, pulled up a table, had a full on meal. I think there should have been a discussion; because the other women WERE hungry. But I'm sure they didn't want to split off as a group. So they basically just had to wait around; and then had Kary and D'andra looking down their noses at them. 

I do think Stephanie was the best happy medium. She was a good sport and tried a little something. But she's not going to act like the "travel queen" who knows sooooo much about street food and haggling with vendors. 

• Love 10
On 11/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, ladle said:

I'm not sure there's ever been a more tenuous justification for a RHW girls' trip than "My husband's ailing father is in Thailand and he needs to go retrieve him." 

LMAO, so true!

Leann is highly religious? Oh. Ok. 

Kary and Leanne are both such assholes.  Leanne exposed her racist side THREE TIMES in this episode.  I wish Kameron, Brandi, and Stephanie called her out on it. I understood Stephanie somewhat saying she didn't want to get into with Leanne when she was so upset but she could have said, "hey, you have reason to be upset but it is wrong to bring ethnicity into this." Also, she said she was worried about dying but the fortune teller already told her she wasn't going to get murdered LOL.  Leanne's punishment should be having to say her racist comments about Kary to Kelly Dodd. I'm sure that would go well (although let's not forget Kelly telling Heather Dubrow that she must be funny because she is Jewish.)

Kary was ridiculous saying that Leanne can dish it but not take it (true) but then storming off when Kam and Brandi were trying to explain why she was being so rude. Leanne SOBBING in the lobby was also so over the top.  Kary and Leeanne bitching about each other the whole day to everyone else was so obnoxious.  I don't think anyone else even cared. 

Stephanie's wig in her confessional is not my favorite.  I loved Kam's dinner outfit!  I am not a fan of her really but her fashion is almost always great.

• Love 5

If this street food debate had happened in my group of friends, it would have been simple. The ones who want it, eat it. The others can politely decline, split off and go eat where they want to. Maybe they couldn’t though due to filming logistics.

• Love 8

One thing I noticed in this episode about Kary that really bothered me.  She has been complaining about money and how her husband controls her money how she needs to get her jewelry business off the ground so she has money of her own; and, she travels first class to Thailand with at least one Hermes purse.  Unless Kary is the one consigning this one on the RealReal--

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/handbags/crossbody-bags/hermes-clemence-evelyne-iii-29-6hhwu?position=37

Obviously, this can be a gift.  But crying poor because of a controlling husband when you have luxury accessories leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yeah, and to be dismissive of street food because it is "yucky" or whatever is just dumb. You're traveling abroad, make an effort to experience part of the culture.

Well, you can call my well educated mind dumb, if you will!   I think it’s smart to be particular with what you are eating.  My husband gets sick almost every time we travel and I do not get sick.  I would rather spend my time sight seeing than stuck in a bathroom. Everyone has a right to have their opinion without being labeled as “dismissive” and “dumb” IMO.  Respect is a two way street.  My husband will try anything, that is his prerogative.  That’s what he likes to do, I don’t judge him.  

Being a part of another culture is not defined as only eating their street food.  In fact, the CDC has recommendations for food and water safety, when traveling, aka common sense.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, angelamh66 said:

If this street food debate had happened in my group of friends, it would have been simple. The ones who want it, eat it. The others can politely decline, split off and go eat where they want to. Maybe they couldn’t though due to filming logistics.

Exactly.  Let people do what they want!  You see groups split off on other housewives trips all the time.  You are right, there must have been some logistics involved.  

• Love 3

Well, you can call my well educated mind dumb, if you will!   I think it’s smart to be particular with what you are eating.  My husband gets sick almost every time we travel and I do not get sick.  I would rather spend my time sight seeing than stuck in a bathroom. Everyone has a right to have their opinion without being labeled as “dismissive” and “dumb” IMO.  Respect is a two way street.  My husband will try anything, that is his prerogative.  That’s what he likes to do, I don’t judge him.  

Being a part of another culture is not defined as only eating their street food.  In fact, the CDC has recommendations for food and water safety, when traveling, aka common sense.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

• Love 1
On 11/23/2019 at 2:06 PM, biakbiak said:

But “going Mexican” isn’t the only thing she said and to pretend that tone and context doesn’t matter is bullshit. 

Two things that happened before the dress incident: LeeAnne demanded a lunch where the waiters spoke English and said maybe she should have talked to Kary “in Hispanic”. Xenophobic/racist neither of these comments had shit to do with her being upset about the dress or parroting Kary’s language. Not to mention her rage at Kary versus her former BFF.

I don't think that's a racist thing to say at all.  I don't feel comfortable labeling Leanne a racist or a bigot based on anything we have seen.

I have traveled the world (well, not the whole world) but I do like when the waiters speak english, as I do not speak many other languages, and it is easier to get info when you can converse.  If the waiters do not speak english, that's fine, but if one is not familiar with a dish, getting to discuss it is nice. 

23 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

@IKnowRight - I know, right??!!  HA!  Why do people care what I eat or don't?  Eating the food is not the only way to experience something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

don't think that's a racist thing to say at all.  I don't feel comfortable labeling Leanne a racist or a bigot based on anything we have seen.

For me it builds a pattern she wants English but than mocks Kary by implying that she didn’t understand what LeeAnne said because she didn’t “speak Hispanic.” And I will definitely judge her for demanding a place that speaks English in Thailand. 

• Love 6

If LeeAnne only said she preferred an English speaking place to eat, that would be one thing. I’ve totally been there where I’ve been frustrated not being able to communicate what I want to someone. I think lots of us do not just traveling but even in the US. You don’t want to say it so as not to sound bigoted or difficult. 

But with her multiple offensive comments, it was yet another thing that makes her look bad. Some people simply want to be able to communicate easily back and forth, and others have a negative attitude toward people who come from other countries and speak other languages. Given all LeeAnne said about Kary...

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6