Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Smashton

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, terrymct said:

In ports with a lot of charters, there are provisioning companies that can get most anything the crews would need for a price. Buying though them is much more expensive than other options, but the provisioners know the charter business and turn around times. This boat isn't the only one to have tacky theme parties and none of these themes have been particularly unique. Yeah, we'll sell you pirate tchotchkes and can have them at your boat by noon. Pay up.

There are, but BD: Med is a little bit more candid about provisioning. Because Sandy is an unreasonable micromanager and neb-nose, we know Hannah usually does the provisioning for the next charter during the second night after the guests have gone to bed or during the last morning as the ship is heading back to port and the guests are departing. We know this because Sandy is always creating some big wahala and tsuris over unbuttered toast or not having a table set 2 hours before the guest breakfast and they've shown Sandy dragging Hannah away from provisioning. I imagine Kate is ordering earlier than what is depicted on the show.

The main reason I think that is because reality tv productions would rather cheat a shot than pay more money for something that is avoidable, especially because we know that these charters don't operate like a normal charter and the production actually eats that incidentals cost. The guests have revealed that the theme dinner and party ideas almost always come from the producers. This suggests that the party decor was ordered much earlier than depicted or might happen on a typical yacht. 

This was probably part of the problem with Kevin's seafood extravaganza. He was likely thinking that they'd get some 11th hour seafood from a provisioning company delivered via tender. The off screen answer was obviously "No you big dummy! Figure it out."

• Love 9

I did not know that the producers suggested the theme nights! And now that makes me wonder if there's ever any discussion about "who will screw up, and how" before filming. I'm getting a weird vibe about a potential Simone set up this season.

I recall seeing stews in the laundry room last season, but not this much. So much ironing!  Kate made several comments about Simone's lack of service skills, which we know from Simone she hasn't had a lot of experience with anyway. And then I contrast that with Courtney who says she hates ironing and sucks at it, but that's not a problem?

Something doesn't add up for me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Simone is really starting to bother me but I can’t pinpoint exactly why. 

to me she seemed very "young" given her actual age (29?) She seemed rather immature. I had gotten a graduate degree and was about to be married at that age. I think I had a better grasp on adult life at that age than I'm seeing from her.

• Love 6

I'm assuming Simone hasn't watched any of the show, because just based on the seasons I've watched, I feel like *I* could be a better stewardess than she's being! Feed the guests, keep their drinks flowing, think they're hilarious, keep asking what they need/want, say yes to everything...

...this isn't that hard, is it?

Edited by AnnieBananie
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If he had an ounce of self respect he would not have allowed Rhylee back. I understand he has no say in the matter. He is just a figurehead.

Rhylee is an asshole but she did her job. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

so the chef thinks an "American style steakhouse" is ribs and baked beans? Sorry, no, it's ribeye and creamed spinach.

It was smoked beef no less! No thank you! That’s not what I think of when I think steakhouse!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If he had an ounce of self respect he would not have allowed Rhylee back. I understand he has no say in the matter. He is just a figurehead.

I feel like I'm missing something.  From what I recall, Rhylee's issues were more that she was too infatuated with Tyler (in that she was envisioning a future with him, when he was looking for something more casual), and she fought with Ross because she thought he was her treating differently than he treated the guys.  I mean, I certainly don't recall her being any worse than a certain bosun who blames all his bad behavior on a drunken alter ego, and unlike Abbi, she knows how to do the job and can do the job.   

And was Simone on a break when she was gabbing loudly with Tanner?  I though Kate's problem would be that Simone was socializing with the crew and ignoring the guests, but she only seemed to mention to her that she was being too loud. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

It was smoked beef no less! No thank you! That’s not what I think of when I think steakhouse!

Oh, look it's a viewer who thinks that they know better than chef. Next you tell me that special pancake mix and Old El Paso taco that EVERYONE uses is not ok.

As much as American inspired cuisine has spread throughout the world, it's clear that it's been filtered through a regional filter. I remember BD: Med season 1 and none of the foreign crew knew what a s'more was, how to pronounce it, and the only marshmallows they could find were Haribo Chamallows. They looked awful.

4 hours ago, Jel said:

I did not know that the producers suggested the theme nights! And now that makes me wonder if there's ever any discussion about "who will screw up, and how" before filming. I'm getting a weird vibe about a potential Simone set up this season.

It's just good casting and good producing. The producers know how truly freaked Simone is by service. Based on coordinating with the groups, the producers know which groups are likely going to be problematic. The idea that both Simone and Courtney want to improve their service skills has already been introduced. All the producers need to do is tell Kate that she should switch Simone and Courtney's duties for this charter. Then we get an episode filled with conflict without the producers having to interfere too much.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, Sage47 said:

So now Courtney is saying she still doesn’t know if she likes Brian and is picky? Being picky is a good thing but come on, Brian is hot, just have fun. She overthinks. 

I was sort of warming up to Courtney and I like that she's not running around the yacht like a dog in heat. Very refreshing change but she's losing me again cause she's just so aloof about the whole Brian thing. Hey, I love me a strong willed woman who isn't going gaga over the D but it's her demeanor that's throwing me off. First, it's deliberate. She's trying to come across as matter of fact and completely nonchalant but it seems a bit forced. I mean, it's not crazy obvious but there is just something a bit off with her "uninterested" attitude. Second, she's trying TOO hard to act unphased by Brian's obvious sexiness. I get it, you have a handle on your libido and don't let superficial details dictate whether or not you will entertain any intimate interaction. Bravo and I commend you. However, her delivery comes across as a bit haughty and come on.. inauthentic. It ain't gonna kill you to throw a little spice into the narrative and show us that, as much as you aren't into the pretty boy, fuck boy scene, the idea of some hot and heavy action with Brian isn't completely the worst idea out there. I mean she could lighten up a little with her narration of it. Not saying she's supposed to give in or anything I'm just saying that her trying to keep such a stiff take on the attraction between them is just so corny. Admitting to having an attraction to him isn't a big deal. I would rather her admit that and then continue to update us periodically about "will she or won't she" and let us see the progress as to why she's come to whatever decision. 

This whole uninterested, nope not my type shtick she's laying on us is gonna be extra lame if/when we finally she them hook up. Nothing wrong with admitting the physical chemistry happening while expressing why you still don't plan on acting on it. That's more believable and more of an organic progression than pretending that the whole situation is just hoo humm to her. Her unphased/unbothered bit is just a bit too dry for me to take seriously. Personally I don't find Brian all that attractive so I can believe her lack of interest but after some of the interaction they've had I don't believe that Courtney is still as "unimpressed" as she was at the start of the season. The fact that she still tries to maintain that is just silly to me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2019 at 2:10 AM, scrb said:

Ashton did not look the least bit pleased to find out Rhylee was coming back.

Of course Bravo casting decision.  They probably told her to keep her bags packed in case they needed an injection of drama.

Did she have a good relationship with any other crew member last season?  Doubt anyone who was on last season would want to deal with her again.

Bravo is going to play the shit out of that clip of him complaining about working too hard to get his dick sucked.

Too bad for him that thirsty guest is not on the crew.

Kate mocked those Republican frat boys still trying to relive their college years.  Then one of them says no more invitations to yacht charters if they don’t vote for Trump in 2020.

They also mocked the job prospects of FSU grads.  

As a FL Gator, I was not surprised to see the assyness & fratiness of the guys (girls didn't  bother me too much). LOVED Kate's snark on them too. I was not surprised about their... political leanings either.

Courtney must look much better in person. I'm not saying she's not pretty, but I don't get it.

• Love 6

It's hard to believe Simone is a 29-year-old, who has worked as a stewardess, and still doesn't know how to pour beer or open a bottle of wine.  Most 29-year-olds should know those things, but even if you're a teetotaler (which she's clearly not), surely her job has required those things?  Moreover, she's in a service profession but seems to be uncomfortable actually speaking to guests.  I'm a fan of hers, but she's another one, like Abbi, who seems to have chosen the wrong profession.

I think she's very beautiful, though occasionally she looks kind of fang-y, like a vampire or something.

• Love 1

I feel like Rylee got a bad rap. She may have had a tad bit too much attitude but to be fair the bosun (forgot that assholes name) was impossible and rude. Hell he got booted and Ross took his place as bosun. As cool as Ross was, Rylee already had a bad rap cause of the first bosun being a dick and Rylee responding to that so when Ross took over he was already prepped to "handle" Rylee whenever she acted up. I think the situation was poor all around and I don't excuse Rylees over the top blow ups but a lot of the time if you watch the interactions, you see Rylee trying to just get the job done and move on whereas the men found opportunities to dress down Rylee unnecessarily. Once or twice, maybe more there were situations when Rylee's "vibe" was addressed instead of her actual work.

Her interactions with the men weren't as triggering as all that and yet a good amount of those conflicts stemmed from the men being annoyed that Rylee's tone wasn't dripping with honey and a smile when she responded. Or that she wasn't fading into the background when she was disrespectfully dismissed. Like I said, Rhylee had a few whoppers but if you go back and just watch interaction by interaction and be neutral you can see that more than half the time what's really bugging whichever man she's triggered is that her demeanor isn't  as pleasant as they'd like. At the start of most of her interactions she isn't combative or resistant but they already know she's a wild fire so they start anticipating her reactions so in actuality a lot of the time the men are setting off negative energy which in turn ignites the tense interaction. Rhylee then of course picks up on it, gets frustrated and off to the races she goes. Then BAM turmoil.

I think a lot of the blame fell on ALL of them and not just Rhylee. By the time the first bosun left Rhylee was on the defense and the guys were already a little burned by her behavior so they just continued on the path of treating Rhylee like a potential problem with each interaction which of course dooms the equation from the start. 

With that said, it's looking like Rhylee will be sinking her teeth into her established role when she comes back and i'm not really looking forward to her "proving" people right since I really did think last season she had a good amount of legitimate gripes. This season, I'm guessing she's gonna play off of the "difficult" label she acquired last time and make the most of it by being the antagonist. Probably with the "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality while taking her place as Below Deck villain. Not too excited about seeing that happen. I'm hoping she figures out a balance between sticking up for herself and not being a complete asshole. We shall see. 

1 hour ago, DrSparkles said:

Courtney must look much better in person. I'm not saying she's not pretty, but I don't get it.

Me neither.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

I'm assuming Simone hasn't watched any of the show, but just based on the seasons I've watched, I feel like *I* could be a better stewardess than she's being! Feed the guests, keep their drinks flowing, think they're hilarious, keep asking what they need/want, say yes to everything...

...this isn't that hard, is it?

She is just completely clueless. I may not be able to make a drink, but I know how to be attentive to guests. Simone would barely make eye contact and seemed to think THEY should seek HER out, instead of the other way around. It just seems like common sense, to me. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She is just completely clueless. I may not be able to make a drink, but I know how to be attentive to guests. Simone would barely make eye contact and seemed to think THEY should seek HER out, instead of the other way around. It just seems like common sense, to me. 

She has behaved so oddly with guests from the beginning, in the first episode she didn’t realize that the guests were hungry when they inquired about lunch and told Kevin they were fine waiting even though it’s clearly why they were asking and than at another time she told the guests she didn’t know if breakfast was ready even though she just left Kevin who was demanding that she take the food he had plated out before the drinks. Her behavior is really bizarre.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I may not be able to make a drink, but I know how to be attentive to guests.

Plus, if you know you're going to have to make drinks, there's this little tool called Google where you can look up some of the more basic cocktail recipes, either before you report for duty on the boat or once you're there and realize that this is a skill you need to have.  Unless, of course, you were hired specifically for your cluelessness, which is a very real possibility.  She is an odd one, though, no matter which is the case.

• Love 4

I give Brits/Scots/Irish a ridiculous amount of leeway because of their accents.  Everyone on a show can say that so-and-so is an ass, and I will have a very hard time seeing it myself because I am so enamored by the way they speak - it all sounds charming to me.  For example, Jack on Below Deck Med...maybe he wasn't the biggest go-getter I've ever seen, but I didn't care at all, I freaking LOVED him and hope he comes back.  But Kevin?  Pretty much episode one I didn't like this guy, and he has only gotten worse. I can't stand the sight of him at this point.

When he said he had to micromanage lunch because Kate has checked out and nothing about her says Chief Stew?  Oh, I steamed.  And I thought about her watching the episode and how mad that made her.  He sure is judgmental of how other people do their jobs for someone who forgot to order seafood for the seafood dinner, who ate Captain Lee's serving of food and left him with lettuce, and who sticks his own hand into boiling water. His food has been passable but certainly hasn't seemed particularly special, like Ben's and Adrienne's.  Where does his enormous ego come from?

It's quite amazing how quickly infection can set in, and how badly it can hurt.  I really felt for Brian, and I hope he gets better super fast once he gets some antibiotic injections.  That stuff is no joke.  And I feel like this whole season has been a commercial for why not to go to Thailand - it's stupid hot, ridiculously humid, germy as hell and will make you uncontrollably shit, vomit and/or nearly lose a limb.  

Simone seemed like maybe she had done a bit of waitressing in the past where checking on your tables meant passing by and looking at drink levels and for empty dishes, watching to see if anyone motioned for her, but not necessarily stopping and asking specific questions. If Kate had told her the first time that checking on the guests meant looking at each of them, and asking what she could get for them so that they never have to ask, that would have prevented her first pass of awkwardly wandering around.  Not really criticizing Kate here, exactly, but if she knows Simone is new to the service part and asked for some additional guidance, it doesn't hurt to be specific like that the first time instead of acting like Simone is stupid.  And the loudly talking with Tanner thing was not good, and definitely needed to be addressed, but she did it in such a snarky, bitchy way that I felt was unnecessary.  I think she may be taking a bit of her frustration with Kevin out on Simone. Take it all out on Kevin, he's the worst!!!!!!

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Simone seemed like maybe she had done a bit of waitressing in the past where checking on your tables meant passing by and looking at drink levels and for empty dishes, watching to see if anyone motioned for her, but not necessarily stopping and asking specific questions.

Than she was an extremely shitty server because that is horrible service even in fast casual. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Simone seemed like maybe she had done a bit of waitressing in the past where checking on your tables meant passing by and looking at drink levels and for empty dishes, watching to see if anyone motioned for her, but not necessarily stopping and asking specific questions. If Kate had told her the first time that checking on the guests meant looking at each of them, and asking what she could get for them so that they never have to ask, that would have prevented her first pass of awkwardly wandering around.  Not really criticizing Kate here, exactly, but if she knows Simone is new to the service part and asked for some additional guidance, it doesn't hurt to be specific like that the first time instead of acting like Simone is stupid.  And the loudly talking with Tanner thing was not good, and definitely needed to be addressed, but she did it in such a snarky, bitchy way that I felt was unnecessary.  I think she may be taking a bit of her frustration with Kevin out on Simone. Take it all out on Kevin, he's the worst!!!!!!

And this is what bugs me about Kate. She's lovely until she has a reason to be annoyed with you and even the slightest of offenses warrants her react in such a catty way. Don't get me wrong Simone was completely clueless during her lap around the guest no doubt but Kate's reaction was classic mean girl. However slight, for the person who is self conscious it can be as loud as a scream. Kate looked somewhat unsure when sending Simone out on her first pass and when she came back all she said was "are the guests okay" and then easily accepted Simone's account when she knew damn well she should have asked Simone some follow up questions like "well did you ask them if they needed anything?" "Did they all have full drinks?" Kate's the supervisor and it's not that hard to offer up this sort of guidance or at the very least anticipate oversights and correct them. It seems to me that all too often Kate reserves the right to resent any stew that doesn't perform as well as she would like them to. She's been pretty cool up until now but that's because Simone's been performing necessary duties rather well as well as Courtney. Now that Kate's in a situation when she has to rely on her stews skills in another area, an area that Simone admits needs work and practice it seems Kate is already rolling her eyes and is less than encouraging. 

I don't subscribe to the idea that it's okay to be demeaning or express dismissive frustration towards an individual because they aren't exhibiting the knowledge you believe they somehow should already be in possession of. You don't just expect people to know what to do. That's what the "check yourself" stew was referring to last time. She wanted specific instruction and guidance and she didn't want the information to come AFTER THE FACT when it's laced with a crap load of condescension. If Kate would just go over stuff to begin with. Outline a process to follow and not expect them to just know what they are doing.  The way she pointed out the flaws last time was deliberately rude and check yourself's problem was that Kate seemed to be relishing in talking down to her. 

Granted she's no way near that level with Simone as of right now but already you can see her grunting and reacting like Simone is stupid or something and noone likes to be made to feel stupid especially if they've told you they need instruction and guidance and it's a job that needs to be learned. As crazy as Caroline was I think Caroline was reacting to this same vibe Kate likes to put out there. It doesn't take much for Kate to start acting like you're just one big dumb albatross she has to deal with during charter. It's like they don't give any margin for someone who is learning. As much as I didn't like Abbi I think that was partially her problem too. 

Her last breakdown happened when she was trying to help one of the deck crew with one of the toys I guess and she wasn't understanding his instruction. I'm sure the was some frustration showing and she just retreated into spoiled mode ( I don't blame deck, they've been really cool as a team so far) but since Abbi had already had a couple of blunders up to that point I'm not surprised she started to feel self conscious about how capable she was and how the rest of the deck viewed her. Again the guys were cool but I think Abbi was more aware of her own incompetence and before she found herself in a half a dozen other "I don't get it" situations in the middle of work she decided to bail. She probably realized that it was only a matter of time before the guys cracked and started being a little less patient with her so she decided to jump ship instead. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

And I feel like this whole season has been a commercial for why not to go to Thailand - it's stupid hot, ridiculously humid, germy as hell and will make you uncontrollably shit, vomit and/or nearly lose a limb. 

LOL.  Don't forget that the alcohol is "different" and will make you drunker/more hungover.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

And I feel like this whole season has been a commercial for why not to go to Thailand - it's stupid hot, ridiculously humid, germy as hell and will make you uncontrollably shit, vomit and/or nearly lose a limb.  

and it went by quickly, but didn't one of the guests say (was it on a phone call back home?) that it was horribly, miserably, hot? Yeah, not a good advertisement. I was in Hong Kong this past August, and can concur that there are times to visit, and times to not visit, certain places! (and I'm not even talking about the protests!)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dleighg said:

and it went by quickly, but didn't one of the guests say (was it on a phone call back home?) that it was horribly, miserably, hot? Yeah, not a good advertisement. I was in Hong Kong this past August, and can concur that there are times to visit, and times to not visit, certain places! (and I'm not even talking about the protests!)

The first few episodes, they were frequently putting up a chyron with the temperature to show, for instance, that it was 93 degrees when the crew was doing their morning duties.  I notice that they've stopped doing that.

Though we do get frequent complaints from the deck crew about sweating so much.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Simone told Kate that she had "about two years" in the yachting industry.

Sounded dishonest at the time.

I could have sworn Simone mentioned her time in yachting again this episode, but said it was basically all behind the scenes - cleaning, laundry, etc. I don't believe she's had much time with guests. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I can see how some people are getting tired of Simone. The crew is going to turn on her as she seems to take a licking later in the season.

That is a brilliant pun. (If the previews are to be believed.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Simone told Kate that she had "about two years" in the yachting industry.

Sounded dishonest at the time.

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I could have sworn Simone mentioned her time in yachting again this episode, but said it was basically all behind the scenes - cleaning, laundry, etc. I don't believe she's had much time with guests. 

I weirdly ran across Simone's CV on a yacht staffing website; she does have more than a year of experience. Simone did say that she didn't have much experience  with guests. If she was primarily working in the Med, they get a lot of Russians chartering. They can be pretty racist; it was probably easier to stick her below and away from the guests in those situations. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I weirdly ran across Simone's CV on a yacht staffing website; she does have more than a year of experience. Simone did say that she didn't have much experience  with guests. If she was primarily working in the Med, they get a lot of Russians chartering. They can be pretty racist; it was probably easier to stick her below and away from the guests in those situations. 

I think Simone's level of experience was completely covered at the beginning of the season. I found the start of the season pretty refreshing even with the way Kate was behaving. No true "oh no, why me" attitude from jump and she seemed pretty optimistic, ready to train and not at all resentful at the idea of two green stews.

I have to say I have been very pleased with the way she's been interacting with her stews and their needs up until now. Kate's jump from being pleasant and helpful to snotty and catty is the main thing I can't stand about her. Considering how well the season started and how well they've been getting along I was hoping and still am hoping that that extreme side of Kate doesn't surface. When she isn't being a mean girl  I really do like her. She's good TV and come on, at her age, pulling mean girl stunts is just as bad as these "frat boy" charter guests who "peaked in college". Am I right? LOL 

• Love 4
On 11/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Special K said:

It's hard to believe Simone is a 29-year-old, who has worked as a stewardess, and still doesn't know how to pour beer or open a bottle of wine.  Most 29-year-olds should know those things, but even if you're a teetotaler (which she's clearly not), surely her job has required those things?  Moreover, she's in a service profession but seems to be uncomfortable actually speaking to guests.  I'm a fan of hers, but she's another one, like Abbi, who seems to have chosen the wrong profession.

I think she's very beautiful, though occasionally she looks kind of fang-y, like a vampire or something.

I am a teetotaler and even I know how to pour a beer

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, Maccagirl said:

es, yes, yes!  I always wonder why he "justs" so much in his descriptions.  Is he trying to be humble, or is he not that eloquent of a speaker when put on the spot?

It's the good old humble brag

• Love 4
On 11/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, DrSparkles said:

Courtney said of herself that she's not photogenic.  I don't think any of the crew is as good looking as Kate makes them out to be - at least on camera.  I think they must look better in-person.

Also, I think Courtney's hair color doesn't help her.  Her hair roots indicate that she's naturally a brunette.  She might look nicer with dark hair.

I adore Chef Kevin. 

On 11/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, DrSparkles said:

As a FL Gator, I was not surprised to see the assyness & fratiness of the guys (girls didn't  bother me too much). LOVED Kate's snark on them too. I was not surprised about their... political leanings either.

Me neither. I mean, she’s perfectly fine. Cute even. But very generic, bland and forgettable. But the way those guys were going on about her, you’d think she was some incredibly exquisite beauty! 

I personally think Simone is way prettier than Courtney. Her hair is so gorgeous! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, stefinny said:

Did Captain Lee rescind his "no drinking while on charter" rule?  Did I see Kate do a shot before serving shots to the guests?

No because it conflicted with the “Kate can do whatever she wants because she is in charge” rule. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/19/2019 at 4:42 PM, dleighg said:

to me she seemed very "young" given her actual age (29?) She seemed rather immature. I

On 11/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, Special K said:

It's hard to believe Simone is a 29-year-old, who has worked as a stewardess, and still doesn't know how to pour beer or open a bottle of wine.  Most 29-year-olds should know those things,

There was some confusion a couple of episodes ago, where it seemed like she said on screen  she was in her 30's.

But she is mid 20's,   The site below says 25.

https://celebsline.com/simone-mashile-biography/

23 hours ago, dleighg said:
23 hours ago, stefinny said:

Did Captain Lee rescind his "no drinking while on charter" rule?  Did I see Kate do a shot before serving shots to the guests?

I saw that also and was very surprised.

There was a slight chance it was a redbull (only) in the shotglass, but she did look guilty.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

She has been literally below deck too long I think.

that’s why I am curious if she drinks because the things she has had difficulty with are stuff that most adults who drink can do with ease even if they have never worked in the service industry. Hell when she was showing her wine service she didn’t look like she had ever touched a bottle of wine.

• Love 1

By the way, when it came to the beach picnic, did I hear Chef Twatwaffle say that he needed to be there because Kate essentially couldn't handle it without him?  And that she pretty much wasn't qualified for the Chief Stew position?

This from the complete idiot who didn't order any seafood for an "Extravaganza" and misjudged his portions so badly another night that he had to deprive the Captain of an entree?  That yachting genius?  He can barely organize his kitchen, much less run the interior of a boat and be in continual amusement planning for guests, many of whom spend them time in various states of inebriation.

Take a seat doofus.  

• Love 8
On 11/23/2019 at 11:25 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

No because it conflicted with the “Kate can do whatever she wants because she is in charge” rule. 

I have to say that if Kate were my Chief Stew, I would allow her to do what she feels is comfortable only because she seems to always 'deliver' as a hard working crew leader.

• Love 2