Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E09: Boy Band & Girl Group Night

• Start Topic

About. Freaking. Time. Thank you. 

Going to be really tough from here on out, 'cause I like all the remaining couples and they've all had some great dances. I can see the final two being James and Ally at this point, though.

And speaking of James, not gonna lie, he looked super hot during that *N Sync number. 

• Love 19

Thank the lord! He’s gone! Wheeeeeee

ok so for the show, I think Joey Fatone did a decent job as a judge. 

They completely through a few overscores in there to get rid of Sean but I’m soooo ok with it

• Love 15

SEAN'S GONE!

EVERYONE REJOICE!

But, in other news, the judging tonight was absolutely awful. So many scores that I disagreed with. 

Ally was scored too high when she had noticeable mistakes in her second dance and a mediocre first dance. James was underscored for his jazz for things out of his control. Hannah was underscored in both dances, especially by Len because he hates her. Kel's second dance was the only score I'd agree with, as well as Sean's second dance.

But yeah, Sean's gone so YAY. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hannah was underscored in both dances, especially by Len because he hates her.

Considering how grumpy he is, he probably hates her for the same reason she annoys the hell out of me; that damn never-ending pageant grin.

Also, why do the producers keep treating Hannah and Alan's rehearsal packages like this is still Hannah's season of The Bachelorette? What with the never-ending tears, last week is the hometown visit because she's oh so lonely and sad in LA, blah, blah. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

On another note, they are over-scoring the hell out of Ali because she's obviously not getting the viewer votes. And it's not even the least bit subtle. It's actually painfully obvious. Neither of those dances tonight were 40 worthy, just like her Paso last week was not perfect score worthy. 

I wasn't totally paying attention, but I did see she got her feet out of place just getting into the final pose in the last dance. But if it helps get rid of Sean, I'll take it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I wasn't totally paying attention, but I did see she got her feet out of place just getting into the final pose in the last dance. But if it helps get rid of Sean, I'll take it.

Agreed. However now it makes me wonder what's going to happen with her scores next week. Will the judges suddenly become nitpicky and score her accordingly? Because they've sort of built her up to this ridiculous pedestal now.

• Love 8

Why do they keep overscoring Ali?  40? Really?  Her dances were not better than James or even Hannah.

What is Len’s beef with Hannah?  She’s a good dancer and he seems to score her low regardless. 

Sean seemed to know he was going.  Isn’t that odd for never having been in the bottom two to suddenly be going home?

• Love 17

Least surprising elimination ever!  Once final 2 announced, everyone knew, and telegraphed, the loser. I still say he was friendly and had fun.

Why are they scoring hannah so low?  The over score of ally is too obvious.  
James, Kel, hannah my choice for top 3

• Love 6

At least with Sean gone, there's a higher chance of the final 3 being Hannah, Kel, and James. Ally will only get to the finale due to the judges picking her over anyone who's next to her (Kel and Lauren are definitely goners over Ally, and I would not be surprised if Hannah and James also went over Ally, at this point).

Ally is on such a high pedestal, I feel bad for Ally since she's taking the brunt of the hate when it's not even her fault. It's all on the judges for ridiculously overscoring her and never giving her an ounce of criticism, at least not since week 3. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Finally! I just knew he wasn't going to make it to the semi finals. Funnily enough , his last dance was slightly better than all season( not that hard to do) he was gracious in defeat

Now the real works starts, come on Lauren, Ally Kel and James..

Yes that's my hopeful Final 4!. Get the reality TV show famewhore out of there!

• Love 2

I enjoyed tonight on so many levels.

Sasha getting so excited about boy band / girl group night was too cute.

My younger self is squealing over James sneaking Justin Timberlake and Lance Bass into a club to see Prince. 

Also, Bye Bye Bye featuring Dawson. (And I'm guessing we're not going to see any of his costars in the audience this season.)

Edited by kazza
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Why do they keep overscoring Ali?  40? Really?  Her dances were not better than James or even Hannah.

Because Ally's been in bottom twice even when she danced well, so she isn't getting the viewers votes.  I don't expect her to win. 

Only James and Hannah have never been in the bottom.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

This is me, doing the Bye Bye Bye dance. Thank God he's gone.

The judges were totally overscoring Ally tonight. I didn't think either of her dances were worthy of a perfect score, let alone both of them. I don't know if they were trying to keep her out of the bottom 2, knock Spicy out or both but since he's gone, I'll take it.

LOL at Erin looking so devastated when they voted Spicy off. She really took those Twitter trolls to heart that were calling her out for looking sad that he was still on and she's been bending over backwards since then to play the role of Spicy's biggest fan.

I would like Lauren a whole lot more if she wasn't paired with Gleb. I can't root or vote for her because of that. He just skeeves me out.

I wonder if they'll consider bringing back the spring season to make up for the fiasco of this season. I think that's a big part of why people are losing interest in the show. Once a year mediocre seasons aren't really a reason to stay invested.

WTF is Cher doing the finale?!?

James or Kel for the win!

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

At least with Sean gone, there's a higher chance of the final 3 being Hannah, Kel, and James. Ally will only get to the finale due to the judges picking her over anyone who's next to her (Kel and Lauren are definitely goners over Ally, and I would not be surprised if Hannah and James also went over Ally, at this point).

Ally is on such a high pedestal, I feel bad for Ally since she's taking the brunt of the hate when it's not even her fault. It's all on the judges for ridiculously overscoring her and never giving her an ounce of criticism, at least not since week 3. 

I don't think the judges will keep saving Ally, especially now that Sean is out.  It's obvious she isn't generating the viewer passion with their votes. 

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

What is Len’s beef with Hannah?  She’s a good dancer and he seems to score her low regardless. 

It's been weeks since he's been able to say anything remotely positive...and sound like he means it. He kind of jets through the positive stuff, if he even says anything positive, and then goes "But your hold sucks" or "You were too far away from Alan". Even Carrie Ann complained about the lifts without making a comment on how impressive they were. Yes, they weren't fantastic, but a point better than a flipping 8.

Hannah may have a pageant smile on constantly (thank goodness she dropped it for the second dance) but that should affect her scores THIS badly, and she's honestly been a better dancer than Lauren. I know she probably has the biggest fanbase now, but underscoring her? Really?

They even did it with James, and have been doing it with James. And no, I wouldn't be impressed if the reason was that they're harder on James and Hannah because they're the best of the season. They nitpick a simple slip or a looser hold....which, ok, fine. But Ally completely trips over her feet in her second dance, is not dancing with Sasha for 50% of the dance, and she gets a 10?!?! Or she has a mediocre Samba with not so good samba rolls and she gets a 10?!?!

Judging solely on the dances and not on the celebs' personalities, Hannah is at least on par with Ally and she keeps getting scored far less. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, HelenCrump said:

Our long national clomping around the ballroom nightmare is OVER!!

Also, the judges were pretty tough on James.  I thought he deserved better scores.

I don't know why they're always so hard on him. It's weird because to me, he's the best dancer by far.

• Love 6

I was so glad to realize we'd get a watchable semis but now suddenly have to switch into "no but not THAT one" for the finals. In this case my finals priorities are Kel and James and at this point I like Hannah best of the women -- she's finally moving past pageant expression and among those remaining, Alan's done the best basics-teaching of the male pros; the harsher judging also inclines me to her side. Ally hasn't on her merits deserved repeated trips to the bottom, but she also hasn't deserved this many 10s, and Lauren's the only one I'd really be okay with her being saved over. 

The scores for James remain a gigantic question mark to me. At least they rewarded Kel appropriately.

But for now, relief!

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 7
Just now, Trapeze said:

I think the judges will relax on over scoring Ally now that Spicer is gone.  That was their reason.  

I hope so, but now they'll look worse for scoring Ally 8s and 9s and will look foolish for only NOW giving her criticisms. But if they do that next week, then I'll be a little happy. 

Again, my issue is not with Ally but with the favouritism and the over scoring her vs underscoring Hannah, James, and sometimes even Kel. 

Speaking of Kel, a well deserved perfect score for his Paso Doble. He did an amazing job.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's been weeks since he's been able to say anything remotely positive...and sound like he means it. He kind of jets through the positive stuff, if he even says anything positive, and then goes "But your hold sucks" or "You were too far away from Alan". Even Carrie Ann complained about the lifts without making a comment on how impressive they were. Yes, they weren't fantastic, but a point better than a flipping 8.

Hannah may have a pageant smile on constantly (thank goodness she dropped it for the second dance) but that should affect her scores THIS badly, and she's honestly been a better dancer than Lauren. I know she probably has the biggest fanbase now, but underscoring her? Really?

They even did it with James, and have been doing it with James. And no, I wouldn't be impressed if the reason was that they're harder on James and Hannah because they're the best of the season. They nitpick a simple slip or a looser hold....which, ok, fine. But Ally completely trips over her feet in her second dance, is not dancing with Sasha for 50% of the dance, and she gets a 10?!?! Or she has a mediocre Samba with not so good samba rolls and she gets a 10?!?!

Judging solely on the dances and not on the celebs' personalities, Hannah is at least on par with Ally and she keeps getting scored far less. 

Ally is waaaayyy overscored. On the other hand, I would LOVE to see Sasha win once, even though I'm kind meh on Ally. (He's never won the Mirror Ball, right?)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Tish58 said:

Ally is waaaayyy overscored. On the other hand, I would LOVE to see Sasha win once, even though I'm kind meh on Ally. (He's never won the Mirror Ball, right?)

Sasha has never won a Mirror Ball. I'd say part of the overscoring is to get Sasha to the finals and potentially win, but they praise Ally more than Sasha so it's definitely more of an Ally thing for the judges. But I love Sasha and think that if he did win this season, it would be deserved and about time. This wouldn't be a Sharna win. Ally IS a really good dancer. Not the best of the bunch, but she's good enough where a win wouldn't be rage-inducing. But she likely won't win if the winner is continued to be determined by America.

Which, by the way, if they HAVE to overscore/underscore to get someone out, then there's an issue with the scoring system, since that SHOULDN'T happen. You should be able to score the celebs fairly and not have to bump up their points.

• Love 4

I don’t care about pros winning the mirror ball.  I wish people would stop voting for pros.  I enjoy when they win if they deserve it along with their star but I prefer to vote for the star.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Why do they keep overscoring Ali?  40? Really?  Her dances were not better than James or even Hannah

James' has been underscored since day one. I can only hope it means he's doing well in the viewer votes. Ali is imo getting inflated scores to make up for her, I would think not so great votes given her two bottom appearances.

• Love 5

I’m particularly enjoying Kel.  I never heard of him before DWTS.  He is not a kid but he dances young.  I want James, Kel and Hannah in the finals for the entertainment value.  I didn’t watch Hannah as the batchlorette, I think she is a very good dancer.  Ally is over scored.  Alaina is better but not by that much.  Sorry about the spelling.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sasha has never won a Mirror Ball. I'd say part of the overscoring is to get Sasha to the finals and potentially win, but they praise Ally more than Sasha so it's definitely more of an Ally thing for the judges. But I love Sasha and think that if he did win this season, it would be deserved and about time. This wouldn't be a Sharna win. Ally IS a really good dancer. Not the best of the bunch, but she's good enough where a win wouldn't be rage-inducing. But she likely won't win if the winner is continued to be determined by America.

Which, by the way, if they HAVE to overscore/underscore to get someone out, then there's an issue with the scoring system, since that SHOULDN'T happen. You should be able to score the celebs fairly and not have to bump up their points.

Oh, absolutely not a "Sharna win." I think Ally is really good, but to me, James should win this thing. 

The scoring system has always been weirder than weird, but especially this year!

11 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I’m particularly enjoying Kel.  I never heard of him before DWTS.  He is not a kid but he dances young.  I want James, Kel and Hannah in the finals for the entertainment value.  I didn’t watch Hannah as the batchlorette, I think she is a very good dancer.  Ally is over scored.  Alaina is better but not by that much.  Sorry about the spelling.

I agree with you on everything. LOVE Kel!

• Love 1

I have never watched The Bachelor or the Bachelorette so I had no preconceived thoughts about Hannah. I thought from the beginning that she and Alan were a good couple. I think that the problem with her first dance was the outfit! I honestly think she was afraid the whole top was going to fall off! Why couldn't they have made a "safer" outfit? She truly looked scared!!

I also like Kel and had never heard of him. I find it hard to believe that he has two grown children.

I haven't liked Ally since the beginning and hope she does not make it to the finals.

I forgot to mention that I liked Joey. He actually gave some good critiquing and he and Bruno should get their own show!!!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Joey pointed out that Ally’s Samba had no Samba rolls.  Yet it received 10’s...

That was my beef about her Samba! It should have been all 9s, because while what she did was good, there were no rolls. I just don't believe in awarding 10s for dances danced perfectly that have basic steps. 

That said, that 8 from Len for James's Jazz was criminal. At least give the guy a 9. I'd say that if you are going to dance a lot of a routine unpaired, a routine with Jazz is the best one for that.

I actually liked Hannah's tango and Kel's Viennese waltz the best. 

• Love 8

We can all agree the judges may be underscoring James and Hannah but to bash Ally is ridiculous. Tonight was the first time this season that I agreed with her scores except maybe her paso last week it deserved its score. She is good and I do agree I felt the judges underscored both James and Hannah tonight esp. in their second dance. Im just glad Sean is gone so the competition can finally begin.

9 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

joey fatone seems like a fun guy to be around Good choice tonight

I like that he actually knew a thing or two about dancing. I usually get annoyed when they have guest judges esp. contestants from the show and they get all technical but im fine with it if they know what their talking about and he seem like he did.

• Love 5

I'm so glad Sean is gone. I got tired of seeing his head behind the couples being interviewed by Erin. 

I know we shouldn't just go by pros, but I want Sasha to win. Aly's good enough to justify it. Kel is out for me because I don't like Witney. She's too whiny, and she has to do hip hop in dances where it's not needed. But I think the winner will be Hannah or James because of fan base which will be fine by me. They're way better than Bobby Bones. Off camera, you know the judges were doing happy dances.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm so glad Sean is gone. I got tired of seeing his head behind the couples being interviewed by Erin. 

I know we shouldn't just go by pros, but I want Sasha to win. Aly's good enough to justify it. Kel is out for me because I don't like Witney. She's too whiny, and she has to do hip hop in dances where it's not needed. But I think the winner will be Hannah or James because of fan base which will be fine by me. They're way better than Bobby Bones. Off camera, you know the judges were doing happy dances.

I feel like more than anything I want Sasha to finally win, I think he has done an incredible job with Ally this season. If their is one celeb who has had a tremendous transformation this season its Ally. She wasnt much of a dancer coming in and lacked confidence and bam Sasha has totally transformed her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4