Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E09: Boy Band & Girl Group Night

• Start Topic

On 11/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, vdw84 said:

I think the judges overscoring contestants is a bit more of speculation and theory, its no proof that is what is happening, they may very well be scoring on their truth of how the felt the dance was and not so much on manipulating someone into going home.

Yes, I agree with you, I know it's speculation and theory.  I was responding to the posts supporting and condoning the idea that the judges might have been over-scoring some of the contestants in order to hasten Sean's departure.  As much as I wanted Sean to leave I wouldn't be happy if that actually happened because I support the judges being fair in their judging.  That's all I meant.  And yes, I know that judging at best is subjective, that's not what I don't like either.  It's judging that is slanted toward getting rid of someone that I'm against, that's all I meant.

Edited by Yeah No
On 11/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, Yeah No said:

I was responding to the posts supporting and condoning the idea that the judges might have been over-scoring some of the contestants in order to hasten Sean's departure.  As much as I wanted Sean to leave I wouldn't be happy if that actually happened because I support the judges being fair in their judging...It's judging that is slanted toward getting rid of someone that I'm against, that's all I meant.

One byproduct of revealing bottom 2's this season is that it becomes easier to guess scoring intent. With regard to knocking Sean out, it wasn't necessary that the judges overscore Ally/Kel nor underscore Hannah/James. Looking at the margins, it's a good bet that they had Sean in the bottom 2 either way. More likely, the over- and underscoring was to prevent Ally or Kel from being bottom 2 with Sean.

It appears TPTB want Ally in the finals (and Lauren out?), but don't want to keep saving her from the bottom 2 to achieve that. Ironically, the new system makes it easier for the show to get the results they prefer, but harder to disguise their efforts. Under last season's system, Ally could have been: Eliminated already, "in jeopardy" with fans wondering whether she was really bottom 2, or called safe despite being 2nd from the bottom. At least we don't have to suffer a showmance with Ally, like the one they forced with Alexis last year.

Edited by RomanKat
8 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Tonight's episode should be an interesting one. I hope that Kel and Ally make it into the finals.

Me too, I look at where both of them started and look at them now, they def. both earned a spot in the finals. Lauren is not a bad dancer but I think out of the remaining left, she should be the one to go home, I think she may be the weakest left depending on how she performs tonight, it will be interesting to see if she make it to the finals.

• Love 4