Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: They Don’t Know

Spike
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I am dying over the whole sleeping situation! I mean, I have to say, who would have even thought to ASK if the kid had his own bed, I would just assume that. Of course, the premise of this franchise is going in blindly whenever possible, but this is a new low. Ben #2, a broke fool with a child and NO BUSINESS bringing over a foreign bride.

See what happens when your conversations consists only of "how much and how fast can you send money", "I love you (no idea what for)", "can't wait to see you"...no real life, day to day things like living arrangements, finances, family situations.  Idiots.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh I hear you @Bryce Lynch

Nor bussed his dishes for the food he disliked.  Would not engage with the kids.  He is a lot of fun, no?

Exactly, he isn't even trying with her kids.

I think being gracious and offering to help transcends nearly all cultures, so I don't think this is anything cultural per se.

I was just really struck by the fact that he couldn't be bothered to bring up his own luggage.  He isn't at a hotel and he is a grown, able bodied man.  He did not even get up from his seat!  And I don't remember him getting up to help the kids once it was clear that they had brought his luggage up.  

But perhaps more of the fault lies with her for not using her translator app to discern a few of these things before he came over.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 14

Between that older kid and the young one with Byron. These are some baddass/ annoying ass kids. Damn. 

I would be like that Abraham Simpson meme of of his coming in and hang up his hat and immediately turning back round grabbing my hat and leaving after I met them. No thank you. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I freakin' loved that Ms. Everything Needs To Be Perfect, Tania, couldn't be bothered to spell "sugar" correctly on her banner. 

Good catch  I can't imagine her submission and review process not catching that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Murcel reminds me of the Americans who go abroad and feels everything in the US is superior.   He doesn’t want to acclimate to American culture.  Thinks everything is better in Turkey.  He wants Amy to follow his culture.  He’s in charge. 

Did I see Murcel eat pepperoni pizza?  

Emily is just an idiot.  She feels she’s so special that she’s the exception to everything    There will many unfortunate choices in her future.  

If I were Annie, I’d comfort Bryson and tell Robert he can sleep on the couch.   The next day, I’d let Robert know that he needs to find us a two bedroom apartment and buy a bed for his son or I’m going home.   Robert can sleep on the couch until then.   

At first, I thought Juliana had a daddy fetish but then I realize she is playing a really good game    She knows exactly what she is doing.   I’m impressed at her game.   Robert is a desperate, creepy, midlife crisis fool.   She doesn’t want to come to the US to deal with Robert’s kids.   She wants him away from his kids and all his attention.  If she does come to the US, it would be to find husband in 2.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t understand why Juliana was denied a Visa when Anfisa was allowed to come here.  Maybe if Juliana came from Eastern Europe it would be okay.

Anfisa didn’t have a criminal record and wasn’t globetrotting all over the world per her passport.  I’m sure a poor girl from Brazil, passport stamped visiting certain countries with her occupation as model raises red flags with US Immigration.  

I’m not saying that Anfisa was any better.  But there was really no paper trail or she wouldn’t have allowed in.   Her country of origin doesn’t matter. There is a paper trail for Juliana — her passport. 

Plus, dufus Micheal, by his own admission on the show, admitted the met at a private party on a cruise. You don’t think that raises eyebrows with US immigration?  Seriously?  

• Love 22

@Baltimore Betty great post on page 2.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, first meal in her house and they wind up eating pizza on the couch, she couldn't set the table? 

Pretty lame, I agree.  Not even at a table.

Also, that 10 hour drive must have been terrible with so little way to communicate!  Murcel "lose his excitement" on the drive, lol.

2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Anna and Murcil- she did absolutely nothing- NOTHING- to help facilitate the meeting between him and her kids, or him and her mother. There is nothing more rude than to sit there and natter on in English in front of him while he sits there bewildered.

She knew her Mom was going to ask the hard questions and so everything was extra awkward.

2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

All they have in common is bees. And we haven't even seen a bee scene yet!

So true and so funny!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, lizajane said:

Michael, a necklace with red, white, blue, green and gold is just plain tacky, even if it is setting you back 4 grand. 

3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

And I would NOT want jewelry with red, white, blue and green stones.

Amen, sheesh.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If I were Annie, I’d comfort Bryson and tell Robert he can sleep on the couch.   The next day, I’d let Robert know that he needs to find us a two bedroom apartment and buy a bed for his son or I’m going home.   Robert can sleep on the couch until then.  

Yeppers!  I would say all this (plus a bit more, lol) and give him a week or two to accomplish these goals.

42 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Murcel reminds me of the Americans who go abroad and feels everything in the US is superior.   He doesn’t want to acclimate to American culture.  Thinks everything is better in Turkey.  He wants Amy to follow his culture.  He’s in charge. 

I agree but like I said upthread:  It will be a cold day when/if I turn to Mr. Hanson and ask his permission for a beer. I am not a beer drinker but y'all get my point!!!  

44 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

At first, I thought Juliana had a daddy fetish but then I realize she is playing a really good game    She knows exactly what she is doing.   I’m impressed at her game.   Robert is a desperate, creepy, midlife crisis fool.   She doesn’t want to come to the US to deal with Robert’s kids.   She wants him away from his kids and all his attention.  If she does come to the US, it would be to find husband in 2.  

I think you mean Michael but yes I agree.  For a young one she has great game!!!  I still like his line:  "We had a connection!"  Yes we all know what parts of you connected to her lady bits.  Tool.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
39 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Brilliant!  I could see this happening in some non-90DF universe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

The most animated Mursel was when he was dancing to Turkish music in the car.  I laughed out loud because it was like watching a musical when he started dancing.  I don't know what he expected when he landed in America but it definitely wasn't flat Nebraska.

It’s not that important of a detail, but the flat land was Illinois.  Extremely flat.  Even Iowa is hilly compared to Illinois.  Bellevue where Anna lives is right on the Missouri River where Nebraska begins.  

I believe that the beige neat house they showed initially is not the same house as last night.  There’s no way three boys live in that spotless first house.  Last night’s house definitely had that lived in look and is probably in old town Bellevue where she has more room for the bees.

Juliana pulled the famous trick of the rich man’s wife/mistress.  Only allowed credit cards, she bought the most expensive thing she could (the car) and immediately sold it for cash.

• Useful 4
  • Love 20

And I would NOT want jewelry with red, white, blue and green stones.

you forgot the yellow stone! 

"Hey, dog- Imma live my life happily ever after, yo?"

He "just had to have this shorty" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He seemed to take it in stride although I know that people like me were probably looking at him.  He said he understood, as it had been a long time waiting.  In my very limited experience, he should have invested in a tablet......kids love whatever is on a tablet.  

Warning, screen time should limited so as not to restrict brain development

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/health/screen-time-kids.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2019/02/how-screen-time-affects-kids-development.html?page=all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/04/24/who-infants-under-year-old-shouldnt-be-exposed-any-electronic-screens/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47026834

These articles don't go into the details that I've seen elsewhere, but real interactions with other humans, and a 3D world are tremendously important when young.

Screentime age 2-5, they say 1 hour a day max, and really the less the better.  The BBC article reports 17 hours average for two year olds (ugh) and even 25 hours per week as they got older.  No!

So....if waiting 1 hour at the airport where Byson uses a tablet implies no Ninja Turtles that night.  

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Warning, screen should limited so as not to restrict brain development

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/health/screen-time-kids.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2019/02/how-screen-time-affects-kids-development.html?page=all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/04/24/who-infants-under-year-old-shouldnt-be-exposed-any-electronic-screens/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47026834

These articles don't go into the details that I've seen elsewhere, but real interactions with other humans, and a 3D world are tremendously important when young.

Screentime age 2-5, they say 1 hour a day max, and really the less the better.  The BBC article reports 17 hours average for two year olds (ugh) and even 25 hours per week as they got older.  No!

So....if waiting 1 hour at the airport where Byson uses a tablet implies no Ninja Turtle that night.  

I agree, for top of the line parents limiting screen time is important.  For Robert just trying to get Bryson to not lose his natural mind in a boring airport....maybe bend the rules a wee bit?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Maybe I'm just naive, but I thought modeling was about getting your photo taken or walking the runway, not being a rich dude's party favors on his yacht. Bringing girls onto a yacht for a party with a rich guy strikes me a verrrrrry Jeffrey Epstein.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that Julianna does, in fact, have a LOT of "stamps on her passport."

I was mostly kidding, I'm sure she did some actual factual modelling in the traditional sense of the word. 

BUT, the girls who do not want to partake in the additional revenue stream of sex work likely wouldn't even go to a yacht party, let alone multiple yacht parties.  

I assume these are weekend long affairs, at the very least.  So, to me, spending an overnight would be a solid no if you aren't interested in sex work. 

I agree it has that creepy JE vibe in that you cannot easily get the hell off a yacht and you can easily "disappear" from a yacht  

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He should have put Bryson in charge of spreading rose petals on the airport floor.

At least a child doing that would make more sense than a grown-ass woman making a mess on the airport floor that she had no intention of cleaning up once it served her purpose. And I know it's already been discussed, but the fact that Tania didn't bother to find out whether opening a bottle of alcohol in the middle of JFK was permitted before she just steamrolled through with her BIG PLENS PLANS. (Suger S - U - G - - R )

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14

I’m sort of warming to Robert. When the waitress came over, he politely enquired “How are you doing, Miss?”. I’ll give him credit for providing for his son and living within his means. He can stop calling the poor kid crybaby though. Didn’t think Bryson was that bad. He’s a young kid with cameras and strange people around him going to meet a stranger who is going to live with him. He’s super cute.

Michael is a gross pop eyed creeper in cheap shirts with his barely contained moobs and  gut. Why he has to constantly reference Juliana being poor? I could point him to several clubs in South Florida who have Brazilian girls who don’t need a K1 visa. But the whole point is that Juliana isn’t independent and can’t move on her own. He wants someone who he thinks he can control.

my god I detest Tania. Can you imagine being a big guy stuck in a small shed with that nervous ball of self loathing? She’s projecting all her crap on Syringe, and has already written a script for him to follow.  She needs some psychological intervention before she spontaneously combusts. Once he gets established and starts working in a bar, there will be women lined up to take him off her ill dressed pudding ass. Great looking easy going guy, plain, obsessive, negative girl. Won’t work out for her. 

Anna and Mursel are boring and weird. What a depressing setup this coupling is. He couldn’t get a woman in Turkey, so he needs to shut it. And wherever in Nebraska is Turkish music going to randomly play in public and cause him to do an embarrassing dance? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

If I were Annie, I'd comfort Bryson and tell Robert he can sleep on the couch. The next day, I'd be on the first flight back to the DR.   ftfy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I hope Mursel and Anna aren't relying on free Google Translate for their conversations which can be hilariously inaccurate. 

Murcel to Google translate: "This pizza tastes familiar. I'm not sure I like it."
Google Translate: "This pizza is remind me of how your bitter sister taste."

• LOL 19
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Julianna doesn’t need an expensive necklace.  She needs food and a Wellness Checkup.  And, why did she buy a car and max out his credit card.  What some jerks will do for a little pu..y.

Becouse she is very modest. According to her fiance's words. 

9 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Juliana being turned down twice for tourist visas is hugely negative.  I would think that means she has a criminal record, or has traveled to countries she shouldn't have (ME) to get into the USA.

Good point.

But then again, few people on this show tend to think ahead much.

For many people from certain countries (the poor countries and eastern Europe) it's very difficult to get tourists visa to USA. Especially if they are young and not married and have no assets back at home. (Like Azan couldn't come to visit Nicole or the girl from Russia in first season that tried to get tourists visa and was denied). So she really has otherwise no chance to come to US except maybe K1. Applying for visa costs a lot of money and when you are denied you don't get it back. My sister (my whole family still lives in Slovakia) tried to visit me about 15 years ago with her husband and two kids. They spent 2000 for the visa and got denied even though they owed their flat by then. Didn't try it again until 3 years ago and by then they had a business back home so less chance for them to overstay their visa and they got them. 

Maybe she could try J1 which is exchange student visa. You can get those when you apply in au-pair agency. That could solve two problems at once. She could be an au pair for his two kids while he gets to know her better as she lives with him and then you have a whole year to decide to marry. (Not that this is intended for this kind of arrangement.) You have to be under 26 for that. That's how I came to USA 22 years ago. Then I won green card so was able to stay. By then I was dating my current husband (we only got married 3 years ago after being together 18 years) and didn't want to leave to go back to my country and wait almost a year for my green card so I got myself a HB visa. That is a way for foreigners who work at World bank or IMF -  they are able to bring domestic employees from foreign country to be their domestic employees or slaves pretty much. It was my worst 5 months ever. They actually let me go early as they didn't like that I wanted to have a life outside of working for them. I had to work from 6 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday taking care of 2 kids, house and cooking and come back Saturday morning (because I left to be with my husband Friday night) to make their beds and load the dishwasher! All that for 1000 USD a month! Plus they charged me back 100 USD a month for using their car for my personal use and that was only to get 15 miles to my husband for the weekend as I didn't have time for any other personal time. (If you ever read a horror story about people living in closet and getting no money for their work and barely any food they are probably there on this kind of visas). Anyway to finish the story:  they found girl from Peru that already had the HB visa but her employees were leaving USA so she went to work for them and I would pick up my mail there once a week while working for American family until I got my green card.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Murcel to Google translate: "This pizza tastes familiar. I'm not sure I like it."
Google Translate: "This pizza is remind me of how your bitter sister taste."

I love my pizza sister soo mach babee.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Just as an experiment, I typed "Are you planning to stone my daughter" into Google Translate. The Turkish result, translated back into English was "Are you thinking about grinding my daughter." 

Mursel was all, "Uh, isn't that what I did back at the hotel?"

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Just as an experiment, I typed "Are you planning to stone my daughter" into Google Translate. The Turkish result, translated back into English was "Are you thinking about grinding my daughter." 

No wonder Mursel looked confused! 

"Are you and my daughter stoned?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Juliana is very pretty, but she is as flat as the plains between Chicago and Nebraska.

I thought the SAME thing about his luggage.. what a high school musical this was.. these girls are so immature (oh, except when Tania gets her sex-high at the hotel)

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See what happens when your conversations consists only of "how much and how fast can you send money", "I love you (no idea what for)", "can't wait to see you"...no real life, day to day things like living arrangements, finances, family situations.  Idiots.

It's sex and money (although Robert has none).. this girl is in for a rude awakening.  I just feel bad for the obnoxious (thru no fault of his own) child.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I freakin' loved that Ms. Everything Needs To Be Perfect, Tania, couldn't be bothered to spell "sugar" correctly on her banner. 

If Michael really wants to convince me that he has hundreds of thousands of dollars to blow on Juliana, he's gonna have to buy some new Old Navy button-downs that actually fit.  Not a single one has so far.

His shirt was the first thing I saw about him.  Then, his stupidity came out with this girl he just can’t live without.  That skinny little girl he loves so much is taking him for his balls.  Good for her.  He’s a delusional asshole.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Boston said:

I thought the SAME thing about his luggage.. what a high school musical this was.. these girls are so immature (oh, except when Tania gets her sex-high at the hotel)

It's sex and money (although Robert has none).. this girl is in for a rude awakening.  I just feel bad for the obnoxious (thru no fault of his own) child.

I agree.  And, I feel terrible for Anna’s very nice three boys.  She brings this guy in from Turkey who is somewhat rude and doesn’t look like he will mesh with them.  She doesn’t seem to care as she is totally hard up.  He does not like where she lives also.  Maybe Vegas would suit him better.  AnnA is putting him before her kids and shouldn’t do that.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree.  And, I feel terrible for Anna’s very nice three boys.  She brings this guy in from Turkey who is somewhat rude and doesn’t look like he will mesh with them.  She doesn’t seem to care as she is totally hard up.  He does not like where she lives also.  Maybe Vegas would suit him better.  AnnA is putting him before her kids and shouldn’t do that.

But, will she put Mursel before her bees?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Russians are very into using nicknames.  Masha is the nickname for Maria.  Sasha is the nickname for both Alexander and Alexandra.  But really, Sasha and Masha, that's funny...

Bryson needs structure.  And his own bed.  

Anna and Murcel have a lot to talk about.  But they can't!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

I love my pizza sister soo mach babee.

I so much love you send money for me.  Baby, I so much need two hundred dollars  for needing haircut, baby.  Send Union Western.  Hahahahahaha.  

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Maybe I'm just naive, but I thought modeling was about getting your photo taken or walking the runway, not being a rich dude's party favors on his yacht. Bringing girls onto a yacht for a party with a rich guy strikes me a verrrrrry Jeffrey Epstein.

You have to be pretty enough to say you’re a model but you’re really a yacht girl.

Do we really believe that men like DiCaprio have their yachts full of dudes with golf tans, fishing poles, and coolers of beer?  Has he ever been with a woman who wasn’t called a “model”?

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Matty said:

Anna is really desperate. Her poor son sitting at the table and listening to that whole conversation about Mursel not telling his family about Anna's kids was heartbreaking. On the first episode when she introduced her three sons she mentioned the middle one, Gino, was sensitive and she had to be careful about every word she said around him. Great Mom, Anna, subjecting your son to that situation. What is it that you see in Mursel? He seems simple. You two don't communicate except minimally through the translation app. He won't tell his family about your kids. He misses Turkey. Why are you settling for this relationship? Do you feel this is your only chance for companionship? Too sad. 

I’ve said it before .. my heart is breaking for those three nice boys.  They do not deserve this shit.  No Effin way would I bring a stranger into my home when I have kids.  Where is their Father?????  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

Do we really believe that men like DiCaprio have their yachts full of dudes with golf tans, fishing poles, and coolers of beer?  Has he ever been with a woman who wasn’t called a “model”?

I don't think she'd mind me telling you this now, but back in the 90's a friend of mine who worked in LA as a Marilyn Monroe impersonator and a stripper friend of hers ended up dancing at some club in a VIP room with actual Leo DiCaprio, in his prime. The movie "The Beach" was just about to be released. The story goes that he casually masturbated in front of them and then asked they'd mind if he had sex with them. 

I'm confident in my belief that Leo didn't invent the party-favor girl. It's been a thing forEVVVVVAAAA. And there's little doubt Julianna was one. Brazilians have a WAY more casual attitude about sex than Americans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

You have to be pretty enough to say you’re a model but you’re really a yacht girl.

I so much LOVE DiCaprio.  He’ll probably get married when someone knocks his socks off, like Clooney.  An intelligent “somebody”, no model.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I don't think she'd mind me telling you this now, but back in the 90's a friend of mine who worked in LA as a Marilyn Monroe impersonator and a stripper friend of hers ended up dancing at some club in a VIP room with actual Leo DiCaprio, in his prime. The movie "The Beach" was just about to be released. The story goes that he casually masturbated in front of them and then asked they'd mind if he had sex with them. 

I'm confident in my belief that Leo didn't invent the party-favor girl. It's been a thing forEVVVVVAAAA. And there's little doubt Julianna was one. Brazilians have a WAY more casual attitude about sex than Americans.

Interesting.  I think those girls do tricks like no other women.  What, I couldn’t imagine.  BTW, my mother was going to name me Francesca, instead opted for Frances.  I wish it was the other.  So beautiful.

• Love 4