Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: They Don’t Know

Spike
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Only someone who likes that fact that he has the upper hand would say something like that.

I think that is most of the Americans looking for a foreign spouse on this show!  I mean, look, he is a 42 old reasonably attractive guy, two cute kids, lots of $$$, lives in Greenwich, hello?  Why do you need to fish for a VERY young impoverished girl?  We have seen it over and over (90% of the time, Melanie and Duvar (sp?) are one of the few who did not present that way.)  We heard it over and over:  "Do what I want or I am pulling your green card.  Do what I say or I am calling ICE."

• Love 12

Why do I feel like the model (can't remember her name) really does have some sort of blemish on her record and they are trying to make it sound like it's really her modeling/yachting that is raising the red flag rather than admitting what she got busted for?

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I suppose that they could really technically ask you anything.  And just LOL @ Michael crying about due process.  Everyone has due process, but it's not going to look the same for a person from another country seeking entry to the United States. 

This is a little off topic, but I remember we went to our interview shortly after they changed the requirements so that you had to stay married for two years before the foreigner got a permanent green card.  (I don't really know, but apparently there was no time requirement before so you could "marry" a lot of people so they could get green cards.)  The interviewer liked me so he spent more time explaining things to me than actually asking me questions (I guess he thought we really did have a legitimate marriage.)  He said that up to that point, green card marriages were a VERY lucrative industry.  You paid money to go stay in the house of the person you were marrying (he said you slept on the couch unless you paid extra😀.)  That way, you would know the color of the bathroom, whether or not your partner liked certain foods, their schedule, etc. so it would be harder for the agents to trip you up with questions about routine - making it very hard to determine if you were in a legitimate marriage versus one for a green card only.  He said changing the requirement that you had to stay married for two years was designed to cut this down as this was a much longer commitment - I guess making it an option only for rich people who could afford to pay someone for two years time.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think that is most of the Americans looking for a foreign spouse on this show!  I mean, look, he is a 42 old reasonably attractive guy, two cute kids, lots of $$$, lives in Greenwich, hello?  Why do you need to fish for a VERY young impoverished girl?  We have seen it over and over (90% of the time, Melanie and Duvar (sp?) are one of the few who did not present that way.)  We heard it over and over:  "Do what I want or I am pulling your green card.  Do what I say or I am calling ICE."

Absolutely.  The women do that too; instead of meeting a man in their league in the US, they look for the six pack and then act shocked when it turns out they are being used.

• Love 15

Juliana looks a little bit "dead" behind the eyes. She's likely seen some things in her young life. She seems like she is wearing a mask. Michael seems like he is in a business transaction of sorts. I'm not seeing genuine chemistry here. 

I feel bad for Bryson. That child needs love, attention & affection and doubt Anny is the one that's prepared to offer it to him. Contrary to some on this forum, i don't think he is a "bad" child. Just a little neglected. I didn't dislike Anna's boys either.  I appreciated how the eldest stood his ground as Alpha male and protector of the family.  I saw him as assertive. That family needs that...God knows the mother isn't any sort of protection for them. Mursel is a geek. I think he hasn't found a woman in Turkey because he's an awkward geek there and he's an awkward geek in the U.S. also. I'm a firm believer there's a lid for every pot but i don't see Anna as his "lid." They're not going to be happy together and I predict he leaves the U.S. without marrying. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And it sounds like Emily was bedding Sasha while he was still married to the 2nd wife. 

My theory is that Emily met Sasha at the gym, flirted with him and complimented his physique. "Oooh, you're so big and strong!" He complained that his wife didn't like him so muscular so Emily said something like, "SHE must be crazy, you look great!" (all in English, of course) and things moved on from there. Not only did he find a willing f**k buddy, she was American! 

• Love 17

I thought Michael was wearing the SAME too-tight-moobs-enhancing-polka-dot-shirt in both his THs and when he went to Rio until I realized that he actually has two identical shirts in different colors. (plum for TH and blue for Rio) 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 14
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

YES!   Mark was even more creepy though.  And poor Nikki had to live in a dump. I truly felt sorry for Nikki.  

Maybe I live in a dump, but I don’t remember Mark’s house being a dump.  He was on the water, had a grand piano, and had a library where she rearranged the books without permission lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Juliana looks a little bit "dead" behind the eyes. She's likely seen some things in her young life. She seems like she is wearing a mask. Michael seems like he is in a business transaction of sorts. I'm not seeing genuine chemistry here. 

I feel bad for Bryson. That child needs love, attention & affection and doubt Anny is the one that's prepared to offer it to him. Contrary to some on this forum, i don't think he is a "bad" child. Just a little neglected. I didn't dislike Anna's boys either.  I appreciated how the eldest stood his ground as Alpha male and protector of the family.  I saw him as assertive. That family needs that...God knows the mother isn't any sort of protection for them. Mursel is a geek. I think he hasn't found a woman in Turkey because he's an awkward geek there and he's an awkward geek in the U.S. also. I'm a firm believer there's a lid for every pot but i don't see Anna as his "lid." They're not going to be happy together and I predict he leaves the U.S. without marrying. 

I agree with most of this, except I have noticed Juliana looking dead in her eyes.  She comes across as a fairly energetic and upbeat person to me.   

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Yeah, they'd basically have to drain all of her blood and replace it with Botox. Instead of a needle, her Botox would be done with an industrial strength steel pipe.

Maybe they can pipe in some eggs while they are at it....

• LOL 19
18 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Syngin and Tania are indeed annoying AF.  The thirst emanates.   The whole kicking the friends out scene for sex could have been edited out.   Mainly so I didn't have to cringe when the friends were summoned back for the next requisite "going out on the town" scene but the one friend sat on the bed where they just rammed it up.  Like no.

Syngin is even thirstier then Tania. His every action screams "LOOK! LOOK AT ME!" He and Tania are made for each other. I especially loved how he announced that he was "flebbergosted" by NYC. I'm going to just love him, I can tell. He out-Patrick's Patrick. Remember Patrick? The guy who was turning handsprings in Paris? Hahahaha, good times. At least the Parisian object of his affections had the good sense to send him packing.  

Re: bolded--are you kidding? Edit it out? That scene was probably insisted on by production and rehearsed a dozen times!   

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Syngin is even thirstier then Tania. His every action screams "LOOK! LOOK AT ME!" He and Tania are made for each other. I especially loved how he announced that he was "flebbergosted" by NYC. I'm going to just love him, I can tell. He out-Patrick's Patrick. Remember Patrick? The guy who was turning handsprings in Paris? Hahahaha, good times. At least the Parisian object of his affections had the good sense to send him packing.  

Re: bolded--are you kidding? Edit it out? That scene was probably insisted on by production and rehearsed a dozen times!   

I was LOL at her friends thinking that eventually Tania would be annoyed by his over the top antics. 

That she of the rose petals in the airport, a champagne toast in the middle of JFK, the poorly spelled banner in times square and the "sex corner"....would be put off by over the top antics.....was amusing.  

I think they are probably going to be one of those couples who tries to outdo each other in a bid to be more ON!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Other thoughts: Anny is very pretty, very sexy, and way out of Robert's league. She's gone in two years, tops. Poor little Bryson is so attached to her already and she was sweet with him. She probably likes him way better than his daddy. And Robert's friend is a real dink. He's probably a "nice guy" who gets mad when a woman dumps him. Which probably happens all the time, since he's a dink. Seriously, he really rubbed me the wrong way. "Those girls from the DR only care about money". Sounds like more than one woman has dumped him for being a cheapskate, or for spending the grocery money on a few scratchers and a six pack. 

So, Michael wears lifts? And a binder? Or a corset? The way he holds his body is just weird.  To me he looks like Matthew Broderick's younger, sweatier, socially inept, not too bright younger brother. I very much dislike the way he holds Juliana's poverty and disadvantaged life over her head. He's a creep. 

Speaking of creep, that jeweler? Sheesh. The smarm just oozed off that guy. I wouldn't buy a letter opener from him. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

22 HOURS AGO, TATORTOT SAID:

Michael and Julianna remind me of Mark and Nikki.  One of the other 90 day couples.

THEN

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

YES!   Mark was even more creepy though.  And poor Nikki had to live in a dump. I truly felt sorry for Nikki.  

Maybe I live in a dump, but I don’t remember Mark’s house being a dump.  He was on the water, had a grand piano, and had a library where she rearranged the books without permission lol.

I didn't know this couple, so looked them up - 40 year age difference, oh my!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Spike said:

I remember it being super dark and poorly furnished.  He may have had a darts board like in his dining room.  That place looked so sad and gloomy.  

• Love 8
On 11/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, RealReality said:

Who goes to someone's home to have a first meal and immediately shit talks the food?

Totally rude! But...Turkish food is amazing!😋

On 11/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, shouldbedancing said:

Juliana confuses me. She really seems to like him?? She's young, she should have at least 10 guys on the hook. This isn't her only chance. She can find another mark. But she's either got all her eggs in one basket or she's actually in love with the dude. She kinda talks like a high schooler. "He's my best friend." "Don't give up on me." "I'm not sure he really loves me as much as I love you."

In love w/ him?🤣

On 11/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, Cammi said:

And sorry but Julianna is not that pretty.

What? I think she is, by far, the prettiest woman on any season of any of the 90 Day series. Her body is grotesquesly thin but her face is really beautiful IMO.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, Silver Bells said:

When that bunch went to the airport to pick up the guy from Australia, why did they hang around with them?

South Africa LOL

18 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

How does a single mother like Danielle II afford a new Honda Pilot and a big house ? 

Wow, a tad insulting to some of us single mothers. 😐 (My guess is she...works?)

16 hours ago, GuiltiestPleasures said:

So a lot of people have made these sorts of comments but can we keep in mind, if ICE is really right that she has worked as a prostitute for the last ten years, she wasn't a prostitute, she was a victim of child sex trafficking and it would be nice to see people showing that distinction a lot more respect.

No reason to make a distinction; they are just trying to screen out ppl who would likely break a law.

Am I the only one who thinks Tania looks like the Latina version of RHOA Cynthia Bailey?

OK but Cynthia is an entire 4 feet taller! 👩‍👧😁

54 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I agree with most of this, except I have noticed Juliana looking dead in her eyes.  She comes across as a fairly energetic and upbeat person to me.   

Yeah, she seemed very vibrant to me. And someone (Pillowtalk??) described her as having a great smile.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Speaking of creep, that jeweler? Sheesh. The smarm just oozed off that guy. I wouldn't buy a letter opener from him. 

No refunds, exchanges or credit only.  Always a good sign.

44 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

22 HOURS AGO, TATORTOT SAID:

Michael and Julianna remind me of Mark and Nikki.  One of the other 90 day couples.

THEN

I didn't know this couple, so looked them up - 40 year age difference, oh my!

It’s a good season.

31 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I remember it being super dark and poorly furnished.  He may have had a darts board like in his dining room.  That place looked so sad and gloomy.  

Well I use a 40-watt bulb in my living room to trick my suitors, who doesn’t?

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And Robert's friend is a real dink. He's probably a "nice guy" who gets mad when a woman dumps him. Which probably happens all the time, since he's a dink. Seriously, he really rubbed me the wrong way. "Those girls from the DR only care about money". Sounds like more than one woman has dumped him for being a cheapskate, or for spending the grocery money on a few scratchers and a six pack. 

I love you @Pepper Mostly but his friend cracked me up.  Yes, he was painting all DR women with the same brush but he was trying to talk some sense into his dingbat friend.  Robert was warned so now I hope Anny takes all his money, lol.  There is something swarmy about Robert, too.  (old news, I know!)

46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So, Michael wears lifts? And a binder? Or a corset? The way he holds his body is just weird.  To me he looks like Matthew Broderick's younger, sweatier, socially inept, not too bright younger brother. I very much dislike the way he holds Juliana's poverty and disadvantaged life over her head. He's a creep. 

Yes!  That scene where he says "She is NOT a prostitute!" - all this time I thought he had a backpack or something on him but turns out that for a rich guy he has ill fitting clothes.   Kinda like his ill fitting personality!

5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

This whole will she/won't she get the visa storyline sounds just like that-a storyline. They may drag it out to the end of the season

I am not spoiling but at some point she is here, as they are having a conversation about her "not parenting" with his ex wife.  I assume that it is here in the US?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Secondly, the "have you worked as a prostitute in the past 10 years" is a standard question in the interview-NOT something to get their knickers in a twist about. My own husband was asked that.

What countries are hotbeds of male prostitution?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Loads of models have gaps: Lauren Hutton, Slick Woods, Lindsay Wixson, Natalia Siodmiak and Lara Stone. Kate Moss has a very prominent snaggle tooth.

I didn’t mean a gap at the front. She doesn’t have a gap at the front like the models you mentioned. She has gaps/odd tooth spacing on the sides. 

ETA: No matter what anyone thinks of Juliana’s teeth, I think she has absolutely gorgeous bone structure, skin, and hair. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I love you @Pepper Mostly but his friend cracked me up.  Yes, he was painting all DR women with the same brush but he was trying to talk some sense into his dingbat friend.  Robert was warned so now I hope Anny takes all his money, lol.  There is something swarmy about Robert, too.  (old news, I know!)

Yes!  That scene where he says "She is NOT a prostitute!" - all this time I thought he had a backpack or something on him but turns out that for a rich guy he has ill fitting clothes.   Kinda like his ill fitting personality!

I am not spoiling but at some point she is here, as they are having a conversation about her "not parenting" with his ex wife.  I assume that it is here in the US?

Yeah, the season previews showed a few scenes that could be taken that way. 

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ha ha, I don't know. He's from England. 🙂 The US embassy interview part of the process uses the same questions regardless of country of origin. They may tweak it a little bit to reflect any specific issues that country may be experiencing at that time, but the sex work question seems to be across the board and everyone has to get a police report and a doctor's exam (complete with chest x-ray). 

4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, the season previews showed a few scenes that could be taken that way. 

Ha ha, I don't know. He's from England. 🙂 The US embassy interview part of the process uses the same questions regardless of country of origin. They may tweak it a little bit to reflect any specific issues that country may be experiencing at that time, but the sex work question seems to be across the board and everyone has to get a police report and a doctor's exam (complete with chest x-ray). 

Both The Pogues (The Old Main Drag) and Morrissey (Picadilly Palare) have songs about male hustlers working the streets of London.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Other thoughts: Anny is very pretty, very sexy, and way out of Robert's league. She's gone in two years, tops. Poor little Bryson is so attached to her already and she was sweet with him. She probably likes him way better than his daddy. And Robert's friend is a real dink. He's probably a "nice guy" who gets mad when a woman dumps him. Which probably happens all the time, since he's a dink. Seriously, he really rubbed me the wrong way. "Those girls from the DR only care about money". Sounds like more than one woman has dumped him for being a cheapskate, or for spending the grocery money on a few scratchers and a six pack. 

My mother was one of those girls from the DR! Though she already lived here, had a job and was married to my dad for 50+ years. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Both The Pogues (The Old Main Drag) and Morrissey (Picadilly Palare) have songs about male hustlers working the streets of London.

Well at the risk of sounding like Michael, he's not a prostitute. I was a poor college student when we met. No way I'd have been able to afford his services if he'd been one. 

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My mother was one of those girls from the DR! Though she already lived here, had a job and was married to my dad for 50+ years. 

I took Juan's comment to be about women from the DR seeking American men online, not all women in the DR.  

Regardless of what country they are in, I think a high percentage of people, both male and female, in foreign countries looking for love, online, with Americans are trying to harvest American dollars and green cards. 

Likewise, a high percentage of Americans looking for love, overseas, online are fools, losers and creeps.  

But, I supposed if the above wasn't true, we wouldn't have 90DF.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Well at the risk of sounding like Michael, he's not a prostitute. I was a poor college student when we met. No way I'd have been able to afford his services if he'd been one. 

Did he give you a key to his home, wrapped in a jewelry box, before he finally proposed to you?  I'm asking for a friend. 

5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

How stupid is Emily?  I mean, she really sounds like an idiot who just can't function in life at all.  Reminds me of that simpleton from a few seasons back who went to Spain to meet the guy who claimed to be a model and the friends thought he was a porn star.

And it sounds like Emily was bedding Sasha while he was still married to the 2nd wife.  

Emily's voice and strange speech rhythm (lots of odd pauses) remind me of someone.  But, I can't place who it is.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Regardless of what country they are in, I think a high percentage of people, both male and female, in foreign countries looking for love, online, with Americans are trying to harvest American dollars and green cards. 

Likewise, a high percentage of Americans looking for love, overseas, online are fools, losers and creeps.  

Exactly.  I believe the majority of people from the DR are lovely, hardworking people.  Robert's friend knew of some ladies who were on the prowl, fine.  I just appreciated how he tried to warn him, however, I think Robert's personality, his demands on Anny plus the sleeping situation will repel her all on it's own.   I do get, as my hubby and his friends can fall into this category, of how one woman did "something" and now ALL women are like that.  I kinda internally roll my eyes when he talks like that (it is NOT often) and lean into it.

I saw a special on Discovery (I think) years ago about men looking for Russian Brides.  These men had been brainwashed to think all American women ONLY cared about careers and were not maternal nor caring.  So these pudgy, pasty, bald men, wearing socks and sandals with cameras around their necks, with zero personality were convinced Miss Ukraine 2006 were there for THEM.  Ugh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I'm thinking Anna didn't trust he would be able to handle the layover in Chicago. Its a pretty big airport and I got lost at it a few years back. 

In defense of that situation - he flew in to the international terminal which is completely separate and a good mile away from the other terminals.  I fly in and out of there periodically and i wouldn't send anyone there that wasn't a seasoned traveler to navigate all those terminals on the domestic side.  But he definitely came in through the international terminal and that's a one building, stand alone terminal.

That said, I clocked it on my navigator the first week - Chicago to Omaha is like seven hours.  It was probably best that she came for him, and I wouldn't have wanted to make both drives in the same day.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I took Juan's comment to be about women from the DR seeking American men online, not all women in the DR.  

I know! Its a completely different case, but that is what crossed my mind when he said that. I have female cousins out there, no one is married to an American! And my dad wasn't a citizen until the mid 90s. 

Edited by libgirl2
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Because he probably feels like he can control the girl who needs the Green Card! 

You think he looks the type?  I don’t think so.  I think he’s just so enamored of her that he can’t think straight.  Sure, she probably gave him the best sex he ever had and he wants more, all the time.  He appears stupid like that.  If she happens to come here, she will have everything and not have to work at all.  Greenwich, Conn. is a very beautiful and rich town and she will have everything.  She would be set for life.  It really looks like he cares for her.  I think she sees money signs and a way to get out of poverty.  iF she gets here.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Child sex trafficking isn't a "scandal"; it is a crime. It includes by definition child-rape. I do not believe that the TLC PTB would wittingly, for ratings, exploit a victim again.

FTFY

Because we know they had some inkling about Josh Duggar molesting his sisters and the sketchy situation involved with Honey Boo Boo.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Spike said:

1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

Thailand!

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Ah I was thinking of adult males.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Any place where there is a decent business in gay male sex tourism is a hotbed of male prostitution. This includes Thailand and Brazil, but I've heard there's always been a decent amount in North Africa. A lot of sex tourism is increasingly event based. They'll ship trafficked men, women, and children in for the Olympics, World Cup, Republican and Democratic Conventions, G8 Summit, and music festival.

The chest x-ray. Oh tuberculosis. I used to work for a US health agency. Years ago, we had this guy from some remote village in the Himalayas who didn't speak English, Mandarin, Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, or any language that might have been relatively easy to find a translator for somehow make it out of his remote village and get to South America, like the southern tip of South America. He somehow managed to walk or hitchhike all the way through South and Central America with active drug resistant tuberculosis. He didn't speak a word of Spanish either. The only words he knew were that he wanted to go to America. I've always had this theory that every country he entered, saw that he had tuberculosis and they drove him through their country to their northern most border and dropped him off. He was moving too fast on his own. Soon enough he arrived on the US southern border with tuberculosis.

1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I didn’t mean a gap at the front. She doesn’t have a gap at the front like the models you mentioned. She has gaps/odd tooth spacing on the sides. 

ETA: No matter what anyone thinks of Juliana’s teeth, I think she has absolutely gorgeous bone structure, skin, and hair. 

Kate Moss has snaggle tooth incisors. But considering the increasing number of models from South America and Eastern Europe, there are surely some with gaps at the side. It makes no sense for a model to spend thousands fixing her teeth until she knows that she might have a decent chance of having actual commercial success because every photographer has access to Photoshop.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This is a little off topic, but I remember we went to our interview shortly after they changed the requirements so that you had to stay married for two years before the foreigner got a permanent green card.  (I don't really know, but apparently there was no time requirement before so you could "marry" a lot of people so they could get green cards.)  The interviewer liked me so he spent more time explaining things to me than actually asking me questions (I guess he thought we really did have a legitimate marriage.)  He said that up to that point, green card marriages were a VERY lucrative industry.  You paid money to go stay in the house of the person you were marrying (he said you slept on the couch unless you paid extra😀.)  That way, you would know the color of the bathroom, whether or not your partner liked certain foods, their schedule, etc. so it would be harder for the agents to trip you up with questions about routine - making it very hard to determine if you were in a legitimate marriage versus one for a green card only.  He said changing the requirement that you had to stay married for two years was designed to cut this down as this was a much longer commitment - I guess making it an option only for rich people who could afford to pay someone for two years time.

I have to admit that the first time I heard about these types of marriages was on 'Will and Grace' when Jack marries Rosario to keep Rosie from being deported.  They even had the interview, which they barely passed.  Karen was behind the whole thing.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Oh my, yes. Yes those girls do. I mean, not all of them of course. But daughters are pretty routinely groomed to ensnare wealthy men from other countries so they can send money home.

Francesca Fiore isn't really my name. It was my ancient TWoP screen name, based on a Kids in the Hall character. Worth a YouTube search, if you're a fan of sketch comedy.

I've been enjoying the heck out of your screen name since I saw it pop up a week or so ago. I love KITH! "Power..."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Ugh, me too. There was shag carpeting throughout (a lovely tasteful brown. Like the walls, furniture, and decor.) so near the water it must have reeked of mildew. I'm getting the shudders all over again. 

Team Masha. Emily is an IDIOT. She's so fragile and easily upset she gets the vapors and has to go outside whenever she doesn't like something. She does not appear to be too bright. what the heck does she teach? I'm guessing Jazzercise.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ugh, me too. There was shag carpeting throughout (a lovely tasteful brown. Like the walls, furniture, and decor.) so near the water it must have reeked of mildew. I'm getting the shudders all over again. 

Team Masha. Emily is an IDIOT. She's so fragile and easily upset she gets the vapors and has to go outside whenever she doesn't like something. She does not appear to be too bright. what the heck does she teach? I'm guessing Jazzercise.

I looked up "Teaching English in Russia" and you do not need a teaching certificate.  You need to complete a TEFL course (140 hours) and off you go!  So maybe coming back to a classroom in Oregon is not an option.  Yes, i will use my detective skills to see if she has a teaching certificate from Oregon.  Be right back!

Edited:  that did not take long.  There are no teaching credentials for Emily Larina in the state of Oregon.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I have a simple question.  Why would an American male look for love in another country, go thru the expense of travel and then the hassle of a K1, when there are millions of single women here in the United States?  We have matchmakers and web sites for singles.  Either way, you’re taking a chance.  Why bother with someone from another Country?  I don’t get it.  What’s the allure?

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

How does a single mother like Danielle II afford a new Honda Pilot and a big house ? 

Wow, a tad insulting to some of us single mothers. 😐 (My guess is she...works?)

I want some plain facts and figures given in the beginnings of these things, such as:

• Robert is an Uber driver, making $40k a year and living in a 1br apartment.
  • Michael is a wine entrepreneur with a net worth of $10 million dollars and recently bought a $3 million dollar home near his first wife.
  • Anna is a professional beekeeper and makes $55k per year through her services and honey sales, with $15,000 year of child support and alimony coming in.
  • Tania, is a special events bartender and social activist, making $35k per year.
  • Emily is an ESL teacher making subsistence income for Russian living expenses, and in America is planning to work making $50k.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I have a simple question.  Why would an American male look for love in another country, go thru the expense of travel and then the hassle of a K1, when there are millions of single women here in the United States?  We have matchmakers and web sites for singles.  Either way, you’re taking a chance.  Why bother with someone from another Country?  I don’t get it.  What’s the allure?

I'm not a man but I think for some it probably seems less seedy than trolling the mall for young girls to date or being that grandpa in the club that most young women laugh at.  

I think for others it's a control issue.  Financial control, control of the green card.  A hot young American twenty something can probably find some douchey finance bro, doctor or software engineer her own age or only slightly older.  

For others, I think they feel it looks more classy if they have a young, exotic "model/student" instead of an American girl.  

• Love 7