Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: My Shot

• Start Topic

350th episode!

Meredith faces the medical board as her future as a doctor remains uncertain, and she's forced to reckon with her past in some challenging ways. Meanwhile, the interns are put to the test as they are each vying to be the most successful on their respective cases in the absence of some of the attendings.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/14/19

The beatification of Saint Meredith is now complete.  The hospital can really save on electricity costs as the glow from Mer's halo can light any OR she enters.

Bret the bartender ranks up there with sarcastic prison guard from a couple of episodes ago as my favorite character of the season.

It was nice that Maggie had a small glimmer of self awareness when she realized she was absolutely useless during Mer's hearing.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 18

Of course she has a history with one of the panel members. And he's the one getting all aggressive while asking questions. And he doesn't remember her. (And was he suggesting that she's the one with a conflict of interest having him judging her? That...makes no sense.) And he has a medical emergency right after she yells at him. And it's a brain injury! Because of course. Damn those paramedics got there quick. They barely had time to loosen his tie.

How the hell did Schmidt even make it through med school? He acts like a nervous 7th grader who got called to the principal's office.

How is it Meredith's fault someone pulled strings to get her into a specific hospital internship? And why should that matter in whether she can keep her license ~20 years later. (Presumably she would have matched somewhere and still been a surgeon, since she's so sunny and brilliant and all.)

Jesus, Maggie, get a grip. The bartender doesn't care.

Shut up, Bailey.

Damn, I thought Deluca was gonna actually dump her.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Of course she has a history with one of the panel members. And he's the one getting all aggressive while asking questions. And he doesn't remember her. (And was he suggesting that she's the one with a conflict of interest having him judging her? That...makes no sense.) And he has a medical emergency right after she yells at him. And it's a brain injury! Because of course. Damn those paramedics got there quick. They barely had time to loosen his tie.

How the hell did Schmidt even make it through med school? He acts like a nervous 7th grader who got called to the principal's office.

How is it Meredith's fault someone pulled strings to get her into a specific hospital internship? And why should that matter in whether she can keep her license ~20 years later. (Presumably she would have matched somewhere and still been a surgeon, since she's so sunny and brilliant and all.)

Jesus, Maggie, get a grip. The bartender doesn't care.

Shut up, Bailey.

Damn, I thought Deluca was gonna actually dump her.

Proving, why this show just needs to end. Ok everyone, time to move on, Meredith is still the Fing Sun! We get it, move on. Bailey, you need need see a shrink and I see Schmidt went to the same medical school all the Pac residents went. "Oh, no!" "How do I do this?" "Call a real doctor." You people would have flunked your first year of regular residency. I mean, just stop!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, readster said:

Proving, why this show just needs to end. Ok everyone, time to move on, Meredith is still the Fing Sun! We get it, move on. Bailey, you need need see a shrink and I see Schmidt went to the same medical school all the Pac residents went. "Oh, no!" "How do I do this?" "Call a real doctor." You people would have flunked your first year of regular residency. I mean, just stop!

I wonder how many patients they killed while being "in charge" while everyone else was at the hearing...

18 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

It was nice that Maggie had a small glimmer of self awareness when she realized she was absolutely useless during Mer's hearing.   

Oh, god, can you imagine the word vomit she would have spewed if she had been questioned?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I wonder how many patients they killed while being "in charge" while everyone else was at the hearing...

I know, the way they are, I'm surprised there are civil lawsuits against both hospitals from the city at this point. If the main doctors aren't there, they don't know anything. For teaching hospitals, why is it the "student doctors" never learn anything or are the ones almost losing their licenses? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

The beatification of Saint Meredith is now complete.  The hospital can really save on electricity costs as the glow from Mer's halo can light any OR she enters.

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

OF COURSE The Sun got her license back.  She shits rainbows and pisses sauterne.

This episode made me wanna hurl.  I hate everybody on this show except the bartender.

Seriously! My goodness, talk about overkill... Shondaland definitely didn't have to work this hard with their other leading ladies (Addison Montgomery - Private Practice, Olivia Pope - Scandal, Annalise Keating - HTGAWM). Must've been written in Ellen's $20 million contract extension. 

I am so glad Meredith and Deloser are over. He's an insecure boy whose best day isn't even in the same universe as Derek's worst. As it is, Meredith barely acts like she even likes him all that much let alone respects him. If the writers have any shred of decency, they will let this pairing stay dead.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I am so glad Meredith and Deloser are over. He's an insecure boy whose best day isn't even in the same universe as Derek's worst. As it is, Meredith barely acts like she even likes him all that much let alone respects him. If the writers have any shred of decency, they will let this pairing stay dead. "The sun" deserves to be with someone on her level, and Deloser will never be that.

In the last few years, Meredith has been having guys after her, that really just suck. I mean they basically act like it's middle school. Meredith might get some great sex from them, but other wise she is: "You know, this really isn't anything, could you just let it go?" Of course we have to have Maggie for the billionath time complain how her exes drive her insane and she can't be an "adult" in a relationship and then goes back to her: "But I"m so awesome, why does everyone treat me like a kid?" Stop acting like a 7 year old you idiot! 

• Love 7

I didn’t hate this one. I doubt anyone thought that Meredith would lose her license. I do wish that she would have told Bailey that Alex hired her at the other hospital.  I didn’t get how the doctor on the panel didn’t remember Meredith, especially since the hospital he worked at was shut down after Derek’s death. Also, thank goodness Amelia is pregnant and has a good support system in Linc because I don’t want another relapse story. I do love the Tom/Amelia friendship and how he immediately stepped in when Amelia told him who the patient was. Now that Meredith and DeLuca seem to be over, I’m hoping that they’ll show Tom and Meredith together. He can hold his own with Meredith. We know his history with Amelia; I wonder if there was history with Derek (rivals, friends, frenemies?). 

I hate how the interns turned on Schmitt. It’s not like he intentionally ratted Meredith out. He simply asked a question regarding a possible error on a patient’s paperwork. 

I'm guessing that had Addison testified, it would have been about how Meredith was with her husband while they were still married. All of the former patients was a bit much, but I would have liked to see Mama O’Malley show support for Meredith. Also, I guess Izzy isn’t a successful enough doctor (if she’s still alive) to speak in support for Meredith (I’d like to think that after her cancer battle, she switched specialties from surgery to oncology). 

• Love 11

I can't deal with the entire world hospital rallying behind the Saint. Also, there was never a shadow of a doubt she'd get her license back, so what's the point. I'm going to pass on this one. See you guys next week. Maybe. 

• Love 8

Well...it was nice seeing some special guest stars, such as Katie Bryce. 

Otherwise, a very predictable episode, so none of it was surprising. I guess we did have some nice moments. I did enjoy the flashbacks. But yeah, is it a surprise that Meredith got to keep her license? And gets to go back to work like nothing happened? I assume all the doctors who quit will suddenly be back in a job. I assume Richard and Alex will continue at their hospital, but I can't imagine it would be for long.

Maggie....no surprise she wallowed in her self pity about killing her cousin (she didn't, but she thinks she did) and skips Meredith's hearing. No surprise there.....but it mostly pissed me off for bringing Jaggie back for a moment. I thought they were done, show! Stop teasing it!

So, what happened to the supposed subplot with the interns? Besides them getting mad at Schmitt for turning in God, they didn't do anything. What a waste of Casey Parker. Also, it pisses me off that Meredith is treated like a God for these interns. She ain't that great and deserved to be turned in. 

I continue to be glad to see the return of Tom, not Dickhead Tom. I'm glad to see him there for Amelia again. He's been sorely missed. 

Link is great. I loved every second of him here.

Deluca suddenly became interesting for breaking up with Meredith. But boo for him opening up the door to them getting back together. I hope Meredith decides that there's no room for him in her life. But with him specifically saying "let me know if there's room for me in your life", it seems to be pointing toward them figuring things out. Again, I hope not.

Bailey still sucks. Her moment didn't redeem her for me, show. I don't give a flying fuck for her standing up for Meredith.

At least Dickhead Derek Killer died.  

• Love 6

This episode reminded me of all the shady stuff Meredith (and everyone else) has done over the years. She probably shouldn't be a doctor. But obviously I am not surprised she kept her license and got rehired. I wonder if Alex and Richard will stay and Pac North much longer.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

This episode reminded me of all the shady stuff Meredith (and everyone else) has done over the years. She probably shouldn't be a doctor. But obviously I am not surprised she kept her license and got rehired. I wonder if Alex and Richard will stay and Pac North much longer.

Of course not because now that "THE SUN" is back at GS they will follow her gravitational pull and orbit around her.    

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

What did I just watch?  That ending. It was Miracle on 34th Street, but with actual humans instead of letters.  I guess I should be grateful no one started a slow clap.

Good for Deluca stepping back from Meredith. I mean, what she said was true (and probably would have been true even with Derek - Mer could never be in a relationship with a surgeon while she was prevented for being a surgeon).  But he was also right that she doesn't think of him as a partner, much less an equal.  He isn't her equal.  She's a renowned attending (and THE SUN).  he really wouldn't need to be her equal to be her partner, necessarily and being a partner would probably be enough for him.  She just doesn't see him that way. 

Maggie WAY over reacted. But Jackson was doing the drunk flirt thing. That was unfair.

The one scene that really got to me was Amelia's reaction to the doctor who killed Derek.  Everything else was just the anointing of Meredith as the Doctor Sun Goddess. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

The one scene that really got to me was Amelia's reaction to the doctor who killed Derek.  Everything else was just the anointing of Meredith as the Doctor Sun Goddess. 

That was the best part of the episode for me. Amelia's reacting and then getting to talk about what the loss meant to her, Koracick immediately stepping in, and Link being by her side supporting her. 

The 100th episode still remains superior of all the milestone episodes IMO.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 10

I don't know how to process my feelings on tonight's proceedings.  It was kind of like,

giphy.gif

Then, it was like,

giphy.gif

And then,

tumblr_mebjtt2MDo1rkty0bo1_500.gif

Finally,

giphy.gif

Because, honestly, what's the point?  I mean, this episode was so fucked up that I actually sympathized for a single scene with Contacts, even with his earlier abortion of a testimony (how are you even a fictional adult able to live in a fictional world and fictionally operate on fictional patients when you constantly behave like you've never even talked to another fictional person before?), because it's not his fault that Our Lady of the Sun committed fraud (among so many other things) and was rightly fired.  But who cares, no big deal!  (I want mooooooore.)  (Sorry, I blame this horrible episode.)  Casting Richard the Ultimate Condescending Hypocrite as some sort of hero?  Sure!  Reframing Bailey's just firing of those three shitheads as jealousy over Richard's preference for OLotS???  Why not!  Corral seemingly every patient she successfully saved in approximately 37 minutes to cajole those mean doctors on that stupid panel into letting OLotS keep her license?  You betcha!

The only people who came out of this complete shitshow looking good to me were Linc, because he's wonderful; Amelia, because she acted like an actually conscientious surgeon and displayed understandable, human emotions in the wake of Derek's Murderer's death; and DeLuca, because he acted like an actual adult, something Our Lady of the Sun hasn't done in...I don't honestly know when.  Actually, OLotS was right that she and Derek were equal partners: they were and are both complete and utter assholes.  Frankly, DeLuca is too good for her in basically every way that matters.  Ugh, this damn episode!!!

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

I knew she would get her license back but that was still absolutely disgusting. The way she yelled at the guy you would have thought he had shot Derek instead of just making a series of medical errors. Her outburst alone should have proven she’s not deserving of her license as she is incapable of being professional. And please spare me that Meredith listed three names and those are all the spouses of patients she’s lost. I know she never loses anymore on account of being the sun, but three? Ever? So the guy doesn’t remember you- maybe you’re not really the sun. 

And of course, because she’s the sun, when the guy collapses, she’s the one giving the orders in a room full if doctors.  Not the neurologist, though it was a brain issue. Not the trauma surgeon though it was an emergency. But Meredith. Because she’s the sun.

I’ll echo what another poster said a couple of weeks ago. If you had told me 5 years ago that Amelia would wind up being one of the best characters, I would have called you crazy. The removal of her tumor really allowed the show to reset the character for the better. 

They’ve also shown that GSM is next to the Space Needle and yet that was clearly across the bay from the hotel. I’m no expert on Seattle geography but I’d assume it meant that the ambulance would have had to drive a very long distance to take Derek’s killer doctor to the hospital. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Joana said:

I can't deal with the entire world hospital rallying behind the Saint. Also, there was never a shadow of a doubt she'd get her license back, so what's the point. I'm going to pass on this one. See you guys next week. Maybe. 

Same. I've started reading the comments here before deciding whether to watch episodes. This one definitely sounds like a "skip"!

• Love 2

Thursday is such a packed schedule for me, TV-wise. Usually I watch this show, then switch over to CBS for Mom and Carol’s Second Act, then watch DVRd Young Sheldon to finish it off.

I watched two minutes of this episode, saw the writing on the wall that it was to be  a solid hour of Meredith-fluffing, switched over to Young Sheldon as fast as I could and watched a Big Bang Theory rerun to kill the half hour I had until Mom started.

• LOL 3

I get people are busy and new parents are frazzled, but Teddy waltzing in and then guilting Linc into give her his coffee was fucking obnoxious. You drove here, lady. You could have stopped at Starbucks if you really needed some caffeine just like Linc did. Also note that about two seconds later, Richard is shown with a cup of coffee in an actual cup (not a disposable cup) and a silver spoon which means THERE IS ALSO COFFEE AVAILABLE HERE. Take a few steps to get some of your own, Teddy.

I just could not with Bailey going after Richard for covering up for Meredith. She has no leg to stand on because she let MAGIC get away with all kinds of shit. And then for her to say that he cheated the system to get Meredith into "MY program." Look, it's great to take pride in your work, but being chief resident in charge of the interns doesn't make it YOUR program. Calm down there.

She made herself sound so fucking petty when she told Richard that Koracik is her boss now because of Richard's actions.

MVPs of the episode were Linc and Koracik, despite having the barest amount of screen time.

• Love 16

I'm also really annoyed that one of the worst episodes ever (in my opinion) is named after one of the best songs from the best musical ever (also in my opinion). Like, don't sully the name of "My Shot!"

I see you show, trying to create a storyline where I feel bad for Contacts/Glasses. It's not happening. It wouldn't happen period since he's such an awful character--but in no way can I get into his colleagues shunning him for "ratting out" Meredith--when it's so obvious to everyone he did no such thing. Saying "hey, I think they made a mistake with the bracelet" does not make you a rat (even assuming bringing attention to insurance fraud is bad). Also, there was no reason for him to be testifying. How is "who told Bailey" an important fact to establish in a hearing on Meredith's license? It's not like she's been trying to argue she gets to keep it because she made a mistake but was the person who owned up to it and self-reported. . .

The rest was kind of funny--a self-parody since yea, if you pay attention to all the crazy storylines there is no objective human who would think she was a good doctor (along with all the rest of them--imagine a hearing about Alex).

I always find the Grey's Tries to Handle Legal Issues episodes especially cringe worthy. I am glad we seem to be past this. Can we go back to medical/hospital storylines. I did kind of want Meredith to say she can't show up Monday since she's signed on with Alex. Bailey was all kinds of awful in this episode (and it made no sense for her to be a witness on direct for Meredith; she was in no way helpful to her cause so no way Meredith's lawyer calls her).

• Love 10

What did I just watch?  That ending. It was Miracle on 34th Street, but with actual humans instead of letters. 

This was all kinds of absurd. But because we've spent over 15 years now expecting nothing less, I'd call it a rather fitting milestone episode for the series. 

OF COURSE The Sun got her license back.  She shits rainbows and pisses sauterne

I'll give you all of these points and echo them two more times and I admire snark as much as almost anyone (the last one is pretty brilliant)....but as someone who has watched this show from almost the beginning (I miss the great music in the intro for those first few years), it was mostly absurd and VERY cheesy, yet somehow pretty great seeing all those people come streaming in (including he blonde from the 1st episode.....shocked that she was available!) to support her and of course Christina, who in real life would have shown up for her "person", and a role call of all the people who had left.....and at the end, I was kinda shocked that it got a little dusty in the room I was watching in. It wasn't as wonderfully meta as the episode with the "Baby Izzy" and other interns, but pretty fun just  the same.

If you are watching for reality, or even some semblance of how real people would act, you should have tuned out right about the time they cut Denny Duquette's LVAD wire.

By the way, pretty funny listing all the things the SUN has been disciplined for....maybe she shouldn't be a doctor!

Oh....shut up Judith. What interesting stunt casting. altho having Marin Hinkle play a shrew is pretty much type casting at this point.

Edited by AriAu
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Seriously! My goodness, talk about overkill... Shondaland definitely didn't have to work this hard with their other leading ladies (Addison Montgomery - Private Practice, Olivia Pope - Scandal, Annalise Keating - HTGAWM). Must've been written in Ellen's $20 million contract extension. 

I am so glad Meredith and Deloser are over. He's an insecure boy whose best day isn't even in the same universe as Derek's worst. As it is, Meredith barely acts like she even likes him all that much let alone respects him. If the writers have any shred of decency, they will let this pairing stay dead.

When he was giving his speech I was channeling what probably was going through Meredith's head (no, of course I will never love you like I loved Derek, no, you will never equal him as a surgeon, and so on and so on...).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

OF COURSE The Sun got her license back.  She shits rainbows and pisses sauterne.

This episode made me wanna hurl.  I hate everybody on this show except the bartender.

haha! I loved it! haha! This is the kind of episode written just for me I swear! When Alex was reading the letter from Christina and she called Mere the sun -- Haha! I laughed out loud!

And when the doctor who killed Saint Derek collapsed, I literally stood up and laughed even louder! Too freakin' funny! Like over the top soap opera funny!

I loved hearing all of Mere's crazy actions over the years and then seeing all the patients she saved -- including that girl from the very first ep. And color me shocked! Richard made it so Mere went to Seattle Grace in the first place???!!!

Ahhh! I have always loved their relationship -- Richard was always more of a father to her than her real father ever was. And Bailey is jealous of that! yup.

She spoke truth to Deluca when she told him she wouldn't respect him anymore if he could be a surgeon and she couldn't. She tried to walk it back later but I think he's beginning to understand that he'll never be to Meredith anything more than a fuck buddy. She likes him but she will never love him.

Anyway, after 16 years watching this show I have learned not to take anyone or any situation seriously. It is after all a nighttime soap. Period. it doesn't even pretend to be anything else.

• Love 9

I guess I’m in the minority because I don’t like Amelia.  Her over the top sarcastic talking and facial expressions.   And when she is emotional like yesterday.  I don’t believe her.  The dialogue and the way she delivers it is contrived.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 7

Didn't some of Derek and Meredith's issues arise when he had some issues and she was a surgeon and he wasn't - perhaps she was remembering that?

Meredith did not explode all over Dr. Incompetent until he started inferring issues with Zola.  He crossed a line that she could not stand - he took away the father of her children and for her that was the last straw.  Not mad at her about that.  The fact that he did not even remember makes it even worse.

I thought Amelia was great last night - she recognized that she couldn't operate on him and she was honest about it with Linc - those two together are really good.  And then when she was telling Meredith that the guy died she wasn't at all sorry about it.

• Love 12

What did I just watch?  That ending. It was Miracle on 34th Street, but with actual humans instead of letters.  I guess I should be grateful no one started a slow clap.

"In as much as the US government recognizes Meredith Grey as Santa Claus, this court will not dispute that judgment. Case dismissed."

There was a weird acting/directing choice at the end when Amelia showed up to tell Meredith the brain hemorrhage guy didn't make it. She was practically giddy. She had been measured in her emotions while at the hospital during the surgery, and there were some nice scenes there with Linc while she parsed her feelings about the guy, but by the time she delivered the news she was practically doing a little jig. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Thursday is such a packed schedule for me, TV-wise. Usually I watch this show, then switch over to CBS for Mom and Carol’s Second Act, then watch DVRd Young Sheldon to finish it off.

I watched two minutes of this episode, saw the writing on the wall that it was to be  a solid hour of Meredith-fluffing, switched over to Young Sheldon as fast as I could and watched a Big Bang Theory rerun to kill the half hour I had until Mom started.

I've been watching Grey's and A Million Little Things in real time, then Young Sheldon and Mom on demand on Friday night, because there's not much else on then, or Saturday morning while I lounge in my PJs and drink hot cocoa. GA and AMLT are so over the top soap that I tend to put them off longer if I don't watch when they're on...but the comments here are so much fun that I have to watch!

So conspiracy theory (or not): Tom could have saved the guy, but merely made a convincing show of trying and really let him die for Amelia's (and maybe Meredith's) sake, to avenge Derek's death.

And to the poster who came up with "the Sunny and Mer Show", I applaud you.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

There was a weird acting/directing choice at the end when Amelia showed up to tell Meredith the brain hemorrhage guy didn't make it. She was practically giddy. She had been measured in her emotions while at the hospital during the surgery, and there were some nice scenes there with Linc while she parsed her feelings about the guy, but by the time she delivered the news she was practically doing a little jig. 

I took it as she was amused by his incompetence and how it cost him his life. The guy had high blood pressure and supposedly made no effort to change the situation. I’m assuming that he took no medication for the problem thinking that he could cure it on his own or was in denial. His arrogance or stupidity inevitably cost him his life. 

I don’t believe for a minute that he didn’t recognize Meredith. His hospital was shut down after Derek’s death. He could be arrogant enough to blame her instead of his incompetence and want to take her license as revenge. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I expected Amelia to be pissed that he died before she could give him a piece of her mind about killing Derek with his incompetence.

• Love 4

I took it as she was amused by his incompetence and how it cost him his life.

Yeah but she went from being sort of torn up about it to joking about it in a red hot minute. "He's dead, I didn't kill him! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!" WTF. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

I guess I’m in the minority because I don’t like Amelia.  Her over the top sarcastic talking and facial expressions.   And when she is emotional like yesterday.  I don’t believe her.  The dialogue and the way she delivers it is contrived.  

I have always hated her, started liking her okay this season, and after last night I'm back to hating her.  When she talked about how she had dreamed of having access to the guys' brain and purposely paralyzing him, she sounded positively sociopathic. Combined with her "Haha he had high blood pressure and NOW HE'S DEAD" and she just crossed the line for me. Linc seems to be a great guy and could do so much better.  

Amelia, when Dell died on your operating table after a car crash, was that your fault? I mean, after all, we're wanting to kill people over here for medical mistakes. Remember when you operated on a patient WHILE DRUNK? Oh wait. None of that matters because you had a brain tumor.

44 minutes ago, deaja said:

I have always hated her, started liking her okay this season, and after last night I'm back to hating her.  When she talked about how she had dreamed of having access to the guys' brain and purposely paralyzing him, she sounded positively sociopathic. Combined with her "Haha he had high blood pressure and NOW HE'S DEAD" and she just crossed the line for me. Linc seems to be a great guy and could do so much better.  

Amelia's sociopathic diatribe to Linc didn't bother me too much because I could understand why she would feel totally vengeful toward the doctor who killed her brother.  She would want him to pay for what he did. 

I had trouble believing the incompetent doctor had no idea that Meredith was Derek's wife.  He should have recused himself from the panel.  Even if he didn't remember her face specifically from that night, he would never forget his role in the death of the legendary Derek Shepherd, and it's hard to imagine he would not know Derek's wife's name. 

I was kind of bummed that the doctor got killed off.  It could have made a really interesting storyline in the future with him recuperating in the hospital where Derek worked, and where Derek's widow and sister are doctors. A million times more interesting than what they did with Perfect Penny.  

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, deaja said:

Amelia, when Dell died on your operating table after a car crash, was that your fault? I mean, after all, we're wanting to kill people over here for medical mistakes. Remember when you operated on a patient WHILE DRUNK? Oh wait. None of that matters because you had a brain tumor.

I mostly agree. That lought was super stupid and cringe, but:

1. Dells death wasnt Amelias fault at all. She didnt make any mistake there. To be honest in all of those years I remember Amelia being wrong only one time (when she had fight with Callie and Owen took her side). 

2. She did operete being under influance but it was more like hangover then being drunk. It was deffinetly few ours after she drunk anything becouse she was with sheldon in the hospital room. She even joked, that she needs to go for drink, becouse she got sober already. No to mention she didnt really have a choice becouse she was the only aviable neurosurgeon there. She could start surgery or wait for Pit to die 

3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

So DeLuca finally got a clue and realized that he was a fuck boi and occasional nanny for Meredith's kids.  I don't feel sorry for him being all butt hurt now.  Not at all. 

I don't hate the character like some do -- but I agree --  Mere was never going to love him like he loves her. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, taanja said:
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

So DeLuca finally got a clue and realized that he was a fuck boi and occasional nanny for Meredith's kids.  I don't feel sorry for him being all butt hurt now.  Not at all. 

I don't hate the character like some do -- but I agree --  Mere was never going to love him like he loves her. 

I don't hate the character either, I actually kind of like him. I really liked him for Maggie who I can't stand. I feel like the show often just throws people together without doing any kind of screen test on their chemistry. I don't see any sparks between DeLuca and Mer though it is not as terribly offensive as it was between Callie and Penny. Sara Ramirez could have chemistry with a baked potato but didn't with this woman. Like, at all. I'd love for them to stop putting characters together solely because they are single and have nothing(/no one?) else to do. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I don't hate the character either, I actually kind of like him.

I don't hate DeLuca, and I felt especially bad for him when Alex beat him up.  I just don't feel sorry for him in this situation with Meredith.

• Love 1

DeLuca is one of my favorite characters still on the show (oh how this show has slipped that someone relatively bland is a semi-favorite of mine) but he and Meredith just weren't right.  And he was obviously more into her from the start, even going to jail for her.

52 minutes ago, deaja said:

DeLuca is one of my favorite characters still on the show (oh how this show has slipped that someone relatively bland is a semi-favorite of mine) but he and Meredith just weren't right.  And he was obviously more into her from the start, even going to jail for her.

Actually that's kind of what I liked about them,. The lopsided aspect of their relationship. But I tend to like that kind of stuff in relationships on TV dramas -- messy and unrequited and impossible. There is NO way after Derek the "love of her life" that Mere is ever going to feel that kind of love for anyone else.

• Love 1