Type keyword(s) to search

Mike and Natalie: Low Interest Couple, High Interest Rates

• Start Topic

This is my favorite couple of the season, because they haven't been on yet. There is supposedly some hot tea brewing on this couple, but I plan to be wholly unimpressed. 

I have no idea where I got this info, because I keep getting kicked off this site and my history is a mess of 90DF links, so no source info:

One of the greatest moments in Mike’s life, according to him, is when he got a chance to spend time with Natalie in Paris. At the Eiffel Tower, he asked her to marry him! You can’t get any more romantic than that! The footage of the proposal on the show is going to give you the romantic tingles that we all love!

What is next for Natalie and Mike? Now it’s time to get Natalie to the states and living in Washington with Mike. There are quite a few red flags that have been coming up though. One of those is probably the most important to Natalie; Mike doesn’t go to church and is not religious at all. In fact, he is very burly and loves his manly lifestyle. Natalie has lived in larger cities, according to her, and even though Mike lives near Seattle, his home is in a very small town without a lot of the amenities of a big city. In fact, she may even be a bit isolated here, but she isn’t aware of this yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, RealReality said:

I don't get second hand romantic tingles from this show.  Sometimes I feel a vague second hand itchiness because a participant looks dirty, sweaty or gross...but never tingles. 

I only get secondhand embarrassment from the show. *cries softly*

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 11/16/2019 at 5:10 PM, Neurochick said:

Wait until she finds out he’s got credit card debt. 😕

My question is:  How much?  Are we talking $5000 or $50,000?  Probably the latter, obviously.  What does his farm sell?  He said "tree farm" but does that mean Christmas tree farm or other trees that he sells to nurseries?  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I am just not loving these two.  IG is all over them and how genuine they seem but she seems like she is acting.  WTF with wanting to get pregnant within a day of meeting?  How about living together?  Seeing each other through the flu, lol?  Ya know.....KNOW each other?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am just not loving these two.  IG is all over them and how genuine they seem but she seems like she is acting.  WTF with wanting to get pregnant within a day of meeting?  How about living together?  Seeing each other through the flu, lol?  Ya know.....KNOW each other?

Seems like a theme this season. Natalie and Tania can’t wait to get pregnant, Emily didn’t wait, Anny mentioned having kids. I guess Annabee is over that, and Juliana may be too young to know about the birds and the bees. “Well, Juliana, when a middle aged man and a high school girl love each other very much...”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This woman gets on my nerves, she's 35 years old but behaving like a lovestruck teenager.  I think she'll have an oops! pregnancy sooner rather than later, maybe her fairy godmother will show up with some debt relief for Mike.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, blubld43 said:

This woman gets on my nerves, she's 35 years old but behaving like a lovestruck teenager.  I think she'll have an oops! pregnancy sooner rather than later, maybe her fairy godmother will show up with some debt relief for Mike.

Shes just very grateful that she found a man at 35, which in Ukraine, is old maid, destining a woman to be stuck dating married men. She makes no secret that she wants to get pregnant ASAP, so this is looking like she got with Mike to fulfill that biological need , which by the way, she is correct to want to be in a hurry, especially since she made up her mind to marry Mike and move across the world to live the farm life with him. I just hope this doesnt turn into another Alla who moved to a Kentucky rural area and complain that Sequim doesnt have the nightlife that Kiev has. She made a very conscious decision to move out to the boonies in Amerkca, so I hope we wont have to suffer watching her be bored. At least she has her friend there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Lily247 said:

She made a very conscious decision to move out to the boonies in Amerkca, so I hope we wont have to suffer watching her be bored. At least she has her friend there. 

That's what puzzles me. Wouldn't the friend being a friend give her the low down on where Mike lives and just the general atmosphere (remote, no night life, etc)?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

That's what puzzles me. Wouldn't the friend being a friend give her the low down on where Mike lives and just the general atmosphere (remote, no night life, etc)?  

She probably just asked her if there was a nearby maternity ward. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Well he told her as much - "The streets roll up and close at 10 around here!"  So she was warned.  Doesn't mean she won't sit around and complain when it actually happens though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 12/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

To be fair, this isn't the first time they have met. Unlike the other dummies, they seem to have spent a fair amount of time together. I think this trip to visit her is his third or fourth. 

It seems unlikely that her best friend wouldn't have talked to her about Squiem (?). I think that they are ultimately a boring couple and production are encouraging them to talk about sticky things (exes, biological clock, etc) for drama that otherwise wouldn't be there.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Has anyone else had the sneaking suspicion Natalie is already pregnant, maybe by the ex-husband? She's just so intense about having a baby NOW.

Yeah, every time she starts into that baby talk I keep expecting her to announce that she's knocked up. That certainly feels like this is where that's going. 

I got frustrated last night because Mike wasn't being clear enough. When she kept asking WHY they had to wait, I kept expecting him to say, "Because I want to enjoy the pregnancy with you and don't want you on the other side of the world pregnant with my kid. What if something happened? I don't have children and I'm really looking forward to going through this WITH you." I mean, he eventually said that at the end but it still wasn't super clear. He just kept going around and around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think Natalie is kind of like Darcey in that she has a romantic fairytale in her head and when reality doesn't match up to it she is quick to anger.  She has built up a fantasy of having a baby and moving to the U.S. with her new husband Mike.  However, when he just mentioned her ex she flashed to anger with the same look she shot at her friend during their meet up when the friend said something about her ex.  Perhaps Natalie is trying to show her ex how much she doesn't need him and how fantastic her new life will be in the U.S.  There is something "off" about her no matter how much she is trying to sell the romance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Natalie is kind of like Darcey in that she has a romantic fairytale in her head and when reality doesn't match up to it she is quick to anger.  She has built up a fantasy of having a baby and moving to the U.S. with her new husband Mike.  However, when he just mentioned her ex she flashed to anger with the same look she shot at her friend during their meet up when the friend said something about her ex.  Perhaps Natalie is trying to show her ex how much she doesn't need him and how fantastic her new life will be in the U.S.  There is something "off" about her no matter how much she is trying to sell the romance.

She strikes me as one of those women who seem sweet, but then you find a string of dead husbands and lovers in her wake. 

As far as working out....I don't know, at my age I don't know that I'm looking to really change anyone.  

I was pretty chunky when I was younger.  My father insulted me and my mother bought all sorts of gym memberships which I ignored.  

I had my own turning point and when it was my time to change I changed.  I still work out six days a week and try to control my weight. 

I just think people change when they want to change.  Being nagged into changing just doesn't work.  At his age and her age, she has to be okay who he is.

I don't think she was mean, but I just think her methods are ineffective.  If and when he initiates weight loss, she should be there to support and help ....but she should also be fine if he never does.  He isn't obese or at an unhealthy weight.....he is just a big guy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I wonder what happened in Natalie's first marriage? 

i think she is stunningly beautiful. When she put her hood up and you could just see her face, i could really see it. But i do sense that girl has a hot temper.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I just think people change when they want to change.  Being nagged into changing just doesn't work.  At his age and her age, she has to be okay who he is.

I agree.  Did he want to go running?  I am not sure she was nagging or badgering, but to me, I am 54 (and I felt this way at 24 and 34, too) if I don't want to jog, zipline, waterski, take a an oil painting class, please stop asking/nagging/requesting.   When I go to Planet Fitness, I am not there to talk.  I want to be alone, thanks.  There was a time that I had issues with sleeping, so my hubby thought getting me up at 6am for a three mile hike would help.  I am 100% serious.  I was like yeah gotta shoot you big fat no on THAT idea, buddy!!!  Never asked for advice, not seeking it now and most of all:  NOT YOUR PROBLEM TO SOLVE!   In fact, when we started dating I straight up asked him:  "Please don't ever try to change me and I won't ever change you.  I dig the version you are NOW!"  Natural life changes, yes, but I dig YOU.

• Love 10

I find it really uncomfortable watching a woman beg a man to have a baby. Or browbeat him into it. Whatever that was. I actually like Mike. He seems like a nice and caring person. She could do a lot worse. And his response to her was completely rational and practical. I agree with Rt66vintage above, and wouldn't be surprised if she's already knocked up. That baby conversation was just too much.

Edited by Teri313
Typo
  • Love 8
On 12/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, Teri313 said:

I find it really uncomfortable watching a woman beg a man to have a baby. Or browbeat him into it. Whatever that was. I actually like Mike. He seems like a nice and caring person. She could do a lot worse. And his response to her was completely rational and practical. I agree with Rt66vintage above, and wouldn't be surprised if she's already knocked up. That baby conversation was just too much.

He does seem like a pretty decent and normal guy (well, his speech could be clearer and maybe his religious beliefs are a bit out there, but not unique) -- his response about waiting made sense to me. Yeah, maybe he is just covering for his financial distress but that makes sense. She is seeming like she is in love with being in love and that a child is her goal in life.

• Love 2

I could not find this thread; there are too many damn couples on this show

Video of Mike and Natalie discussing their engagement and they both say "Amen."  

Natalie has some modeling shots

Five slides

Eight more slides

There were a couple of comments where people are saying they are not together any longer, but other saying they are still linked on FB and Mike said something yesterday that makes it sound like they are still together. It's also discussed that no one knows where she is, Ukraine or Washington. They are actually keeping everything mostly under wraps. Mike apparently doesn't use social media much anyway. Hiding from the alien overlords? Amen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

After watching the sneak peek, I can say for sure that I find Natalie incredibly childish and judgmental. I despise people who try to force their religion on others. And every time she throws a crazy eyed tantrum, she reminds me of Glenn Close when she kept flicking that lamp on and off in Fatal Attraction.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

After watching the sneak peek, I can say for sure that I find Natalie incredibly childish and judgmental. I despise people who try to force their religion on others. And every time she throws a crazy eyed tantrum, she reminds me of Glenn Close when she kept flicking that lamp on and off in Fatal Attraction.

She just seems like one of those women who is saccharine sweet and beautiful and no one can figure out how and why she is single....but she probably has a basement full of dead boyfriend's whose last vision on Earth was of her crazy eyes as she suffocated them with a pillow after sex. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
On 12/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, seasons said:

I wonder what happened in Natalie's first marriage? 

i think she is stunningly beautiful. When she put her hood up and you could just see her face, i could really see it. But i do sense that girl has a hot temper.

Lots of beautiful women are crazy. And I mean crazy, crazy.  

Natalie has a lot those warning signs and it seems like her mom must carry on daily about grand kids. 

I would be hesitant to have a kid with someone like that. Who knows what her reaction would be if the relationship ended. Would she go all nutty and perhaps harm herself or worse... the baby?  It happens plenty. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Lots of beautiful women are crazy. And I mean crazy, crazy.  

Natalie has a lot those warning signs and it seems like her mom must carry on daily about grand kids. 

I would be hesitant to have a kid with someone like that. Who knows what her reaction would be if the relationship ended. Would she go all nutty and perhaps harm herself or worse... the baby?  It happens plenty. 

I knew a girl (former pageant queen) who would say that there was a trifecta of knockout beauty, sanity and intelligence and no one could have all three.  

I'm not sure if that's entirely true, but whenever I see Natalie I'm reminded of that girl (who was self-admittedly batshit crazy)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I knew a girl (former pageant queen) who would say that there was a trifecta of knockout beauty, sanity and intelligence and no one could have all three.  

I'm not sure if that's entirely true, but whenever I see Natalie I'm reminded of that girl (who was self-admittedly batshit crazy)

My brother had a gorgeous gf who came over from Sweden, we all thought she was so wonderful and sweet along with gorgeous... till things went sour in their relationship. Talk about crazy!!  Luckily she had to return to Sweden when her visa ran out,, but up til then my brother was extremely careful. He spent time in  Somalia as a Marine, and told me he was less cautious there than he was while waiting for her visa to expire. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

My brother had a gorgeous gf who came over from Sweden, we all thought she was so wonderful and sweet along with gorgeous... till things went sour in their relationship. Talk about crazy!!  Luckily she had to return to Sweden when her visa ran out,, but up til then my brother was extremely careful. He spent time in  Somalia as a Marine, and told me he was less cautious there than he was while waiting for her visa to expire. 

Yikes!  I've always said that, generally, the difference between crazy men and crazy women is that men can't hide their crazy very long and women can.  

Lucky for your brother he got out of that relationship and Somalia in one piece!

• Love 5

Natalie really is batshit crazy. And she must have used that pouty little girl routine throughout her entire life. The "flounce off, throw yourself down on the bed, refuse to look or speak to someone, and when you do look at them-bat your big sad eyes and pouty mouth" - UGH! She acts like an 8 year old, except that she is about 30 years older than that, wants a baby, and tries to be a master manipulator towards guys and towards whomever to get what she wants. 

We saw her infantile behavior at the airport, riding on the wheely suitcase clutching her unicorn. And although I do think she's a bad driver, I think she plays it up for Mike so that when he drives, it's another example of him "taking care of her." I think she likes Mike because he's big and tall and can manhandle her in terms of picking her up, making her feel small and delicate. I think I actually loathe women like that. 

End rant.

Edited by hookedontv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Natalie really is batshit crazy. And she must have used that pouty little girl routine throughout her entire life. The "flounce off, throw yourself down on the bed, refuse to look or speak to someone, and when you do look at them-bat your big sad eyes and pouty mouth" - UGH! She acts like an 8 year old, except that she is about 30 years older than that, wants a baby, and tries to be a master manipulator towards guys and towards whomever to get what she wants. 

We saw her infantile behavior at the airport, riding on the wheely suitcase glutching her unicorn. And although I do think she's a bad driver, I think she plays it up for Mike so that when he drives, it's another example of him "taking care of her." I think she likes Mike because he's big and tall and can manhandle her in terms of picking her up, making her feel small and delicate. I think I actually loathe women like that. 

End rant.

That insane driving was exactly like something a 12 year old would do, giggling the entire time. I'd be ready to get out and get an Uber.

The behavior we've seen in the show from Natalie looks like something is going on with her mentally; I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that her behavior and obvious issues helped end her first marriage. That kind of thing is very hard to live with over the long haul, and I wonder if she's even capable of being a mother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 12/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, hookedontv said:

We saw her infantile behavior at the airport, riding on the wheely suitcase glutching her unicorn. And although I do think she's a bad driver, I think she plays it up for Mike so that when he drives, it's another example of him "taking care of her." I think she likes Mike because he's big and tall and can manhandle her in terms of picking her up, making her feel small and delicate. I think I actually loathe women like that. 

End rant.

You've summed her up perfectly.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Posted from Natalie's Instagram.

LOL.  If he is a passive aggressive jerk, he is hiding it really, really well.......or she is just kinda crazy.  Or maybe both are true, but he seems so besotted by her and I think his physical attraction to her is the only thing keeping him from running away or jumping out the window.  

Also, didn't she basically call him fat?  Does that mean she doesn't love him ?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina said:

This account grabbed more from that discussion. 

On the second slide, Natalie says she understands why his wife switched sides. 

Big Mike's ex left him for a woman, right??

That's especially fucking bitchy of her. 

I hope big Mike buys a clue.  I had hope for him during the episode because I think he is starting to see the light and realizing that just because she is pretty doesn't mean she is worth it. 

BTW, where is her ex, stuffed in a trunk somewhere?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I hope big Mike buys a clue.  I had hope for him during the episode because I think he is starting to see the light a

I do not agree with Mike's out-there beliefs but I do agree with his right to believe what he wants. His attitude/approach is to accept everyone and not judge. HOWEVER, Natalie's judgemental and extreme reaction is very worrisome. Wars are started because of this inability to live and let live. He has basically said that she can raise their 'child' with religion BUT he is not going to be upset if this child chooses to believe in something different. Yes, religious beliefs are important in a marriage, but given his unconditional acceptance, he needs to move on. She is scary religious.

• Love 7

Natalie is not working with a full toolbox. Her poor mother will never be rid of her (or maybe she doesn't want to be?) as Natalie's view on life and relationships is not realistic. Her extreme mood changes are worrisome and the 'issues' she perseverates on raise red flags. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, gigiann said:

Mother Natalie treats her like a child--no wonder she acts the way she does

The scariest thing, IMO, is that the baby act is just that, an act.  When Natalie realized she wasn't going to be able to cry her way into Mike's compliance she turned off the water works with a quickness and became clear eyed.  

He I absolutely right that he will be miserable 20 years down the line and she will use every method to suppress dissent.  And I do not, for a minute think that she would be above using a future child to get he way or would be above poisoning her child's mind against Mike so it's two against one in the household. 

• Love 6