Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Let x = 9

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

The Catholic Church asks Kristen, David and Ben to assess the veracity of a local prophetess, Grace Ling, and they are shaken when they see one of her visions come to life. Also, David struggles with jealousy when he sees God speaking with the prophetess, and to Kristen's dismay, her mother, Sheryl, and Leland begin a relationship.

Airing Thursday, November 7, 2019.

Tonight I learned to hit the mute button as soon as I see those kids show up on the screen. Why has Kristen never taught her kids to speak on at a time?

The grandmother is beyond awful. After hearing that recording, I wouldn’t let that msn in my house, much less give him a “goodbye kiss.”

• Love 19

"Come into my house and threaten my family once, that's on you. Come into my house and threaten my family twice, that's on me. Come into my house and threaten my family three times, why the fuck am I still allowing this to happen?"

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 10

That was a good dream Kristen was having at the beginning, there. Damn it, George. 

Even after Kirsten played her the tape Sheryl still invited Leland over again and kissed him; does she just have zero concern for her daughter and grandchildren's safety? She went for that one piece of red clothing in her closet, too. Are we supposed to assume she's possessed now? Especially with the whole, ya know, bed being surrounded by flames thing.

I cheered when Kristen had the knife at Leland's throat. Agreed that she should have told David what happened, though. I laughed when she showed up to talk to him about the case and he was as high as a kite. 

Am I the only one whose DVR is showing a different title for this episode? It says "Let x = 9."

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Leland must have one red hot d*ck! 😆

That was the new GIF for sexually transmitted diseases. This gives new meaning to "Drop it like it's hot".

The whole time Kristen was desperately searching for something in the red diaries, the red hoodie was clearly visible in the mirror.

I am seeing that "Let x = 9" is probably the correct title for this episode. All the episode titles except the first, are supposed to have a hidden meaning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The kids still should be upset that they haven't heard from their father or the show should have mentioned that their father got the message and they talked.

That would have been a great question to ask the Prophetess.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Ooh! Was that supposed to be Kristen's husband in the dream? On the mountain, when she pulled George in?

And I was hoping that her shrink would suggest lucid dreaming. Even though she's referred to as a psychologist, Kristen clearly has some knowledge of the human body..."this will take 20 stitches. You won't bleed out, I didn't touch the carotid." I think she has a whole past we're going to find out about (for example, the debt that she owes to the threatening collector.)

And YES she should have told David about Leland. He knows the guy, has some information on him. But yeah, it could be offputting to arrive at the almost-priest's house to find him tripping balls. 

I wonder if we'll hear from the prophet again? It is a totally realistic plot twist these days that she'd be seized and deported. (If it weren't a federal matter, the Church probably could influence the City to let her out, at least on bail.)

And geez, Christine Lahti is good at playing irresponsible narcissists. Grandma is old and vain, and can't remember her grandkids' birthdays, and prefers to gamble online instead of watching the kids, and is now sleeping with (literally) a Devil's Advocate. I know childcare is expensive, but Kristen needs to arrange something else!

Interesting (and they haven't addressed it) that the kids clearly go to a Catholic school (the uniforms). Parochial schools aren't cheap...and of course there's religious instruction. So will that play a role down the road? I hope so.

I also think Ben had a point about the Codex: there are many precious old documents owned by churches and colleges that have been stolen, circulated, copied, etc. over the centuries. Chances are, that is NOT the only copy. And I guess David's Ecclesiastical Latin must be pretty good, if he can translate fragments overnight! 

• Love 6

Those poor girls need to trade in Sexy Time Grandma for Marie Barone. 

I thought the show would be more X Files-y, ie take the cases seriously, not some cheesy, Grandma is sleeping with the Devil guy and the bed is on fire. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

TW, two weeks after the episode where the kids wanted to talk to their father because they feared he was dead.  They left him a message in that episode and we still haven't heard squat about it

Two weeks in real time, maybe, but the Halloween decorations are still up, so it may not have been that long in the TV universe.

8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The whole time Kristen was desperately searching for something in the red diaries, the red hoodie was clearly visible in the mirror.

Yeah, I missed the first 5 minutes, so I'm guessing at the warning the prophetess gave Kristen, but a 'red jacket' could refer to a book cover (I know it's not really the same thing, but a person whose first language isn't English might not get the distinction). Why on earth didn't she burn them, instead of (stupidly) burying them under her sweaters? Stupid/inexpicable decision, not unlike her declining to tell David about Leland.

I'm still loving the ambiguity; I'm tickled that we now know TWO methods to distinguish dream from reality. I was watching Kristen's wrist like a hawk!

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Why on earth didn't she burn them, instead of (stupidly) burying them under her sweaters? Stupid/inexpicable decision, not unlike her declining to tell David about Leland.

That's what I was yelling at the tv!!!

BURN THEM!!! FFS you know he's evil.  and what was that weird drawing in one of them? 

Yes and why not tell Ben & David about Leland?  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

That's what I was yelling at the tv!!!

BURN THEM!!! FFS you know he's evil.  and what was that weird drawing in one of them? 

Yes and why not tell Ben & David about Leland?  

I was thinking maybe not burn them, exactly, but certainly A. examine them further and B. if you don't destroy them, you certainly don't KEEP THEM IN YOUR HOUSE. 

And yeah, it is annoying that the show is acting like Ben wasn't an option to talk to. Even if you hackily want to say that she was afraid to go to David after seeing him high, there's NO reason not to tell Ben except that the show just doesn't want her to.

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She does have the red dress in the closet.  So I imagine that she is the one that Kirsten and her kids should be afraid of.

It's possible that she IS possessed (or, to make it ambiguous, "brainwashed"), but hell, with the way that she's been so blase about the safety of her daughter and grandchildren, she's ALREADY someone that Kristen and the kids should be afraid of!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I was thinking maybe not burn them, exactly, but certainly A. examine them further and B. if you don't destroy them, you certainly don't KEEP THEM IN YOUR HOUSE. 

Yes!  Take them out of the house, put them in a dumpster, heck even if the office in the backyard.  Something besides your dresser!

That said, I do love that she took swift action and didn't try to play nice or make excuses.  She chased him out of the house, she took the things away from the girls and didn't try to cow tow to them or appease them.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Yes!  Take them out of the house, put them in a dumpster, heck even if the office in the backyard.  Something besides your dresser!

That said, I do love that she took swift action and didn't try to play nice or make excuses.  She chased him out of the house, she took the things away from the girls and didn't try to cow tow to them or appease them.  

Yeah, I did like that she didn't even pretend to make nice with him. The key, though, will be how she handles this further. You don't stab a psychopath and then don't change your behavior, ya know? "I'm sure there will be no reprisals to me stabbing him."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Two weeks in real time, maybe, but the Halloween decorations are still up, so it may not have been that long in the TV universe.

From what I gathered, it was the next day because when Kristen and David talked about the exorcism, they referred to at as being last night.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I did like that she didn't even pretend to make nice with him. The key, though, will be how she handles this further. You don't stab a psychopath and then don't change your behavior, ya know? "I'm sure there will be no reprisals to me stabbing him."

When she did that I kept thinking "you realize he could go to the cops and claim you tried to kill him right?"  We know he's a demon person, but at that point he had done nothing to anyone she could prove. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

When she did that I kept thinking "you realize he could go to the cops and claim you tried to kill him right?"  We know he's a demon person, but at that point he had done nothing to anyone she could prove. 

Or heck, how about the fact that her proof that Leland is a psychopath was FAKED BY HER (and Ben)! How would she handle it if Leland told her that that tape was fake and the mother asked her? "Oh yeah, it's fake, but trust me, this is really what he said!" 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Or heck, how about the fact that her proof that Leland is a psychopath was FAKED BY HER (and Ben)! How would she handle it if Leland told her that that tape was fake and the mother asked her? "Oh yeah, it's fake, but trust me, this is really what he said!" 

The writers may want to start keeping a show diary/continuity log. 

Have we completely forgotten about Hubby?  

I want someone at the studio or CBS to tell them "look you got a full season (13 ep now right?) pick up. Get your shit together. You're writing episodes like no one watched the earlier ones!  And either be serious with a lighter tone occasionally, or go full out supernatural crazy. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

love that Kristen just straight up cut a bitch

Same here! I've seen a few people reference a book called "The Gift of Fear" when it comes to real-life situations with dangerous men, and they always add, "Fuck politeness!" So glad she got rid of him, and the way in which she did it.

I don't mind the screaming kids, but I could have done without the cheesy graphics around that bed. We get it: he's evil. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Fable said:

From what I gathered, it was the next day because when Kristen and David talked about the exorcism, they referred to at as being last night.  

Speaking of which— the CBS app won’t let me watch the whole ep; can you give me a couple sentence rundown on what happened with the exorcism? i thought i heard Kristen say something about holy water?  Thx!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, janeta said:

Speaking of which— the CBS app won’t let me watch the whole ep; can you give me a couple sentence rundown on what happened with the exorcism? i thought i heard Kristen say something about holy water?  Thx!

Basically, Kristen changed out the Holy Water for tap water as a way of disproving that the woman was possessed, to which the priest pointed out that either way the woman/demon believed it was Holy Water and thus had the same effect.  David took exception to Kristen's so called experiment, because she hadn't told him, which is why they were arguing.  

Back to the timeline.  I had initially posted that this episode probably took place the next day based on the exorcism conversation, but I now realize the timeline is wonky.  Supposedly, based on Kristen's and David's argument, only a day had passed, but the grandmother acted as if at least several weeks had passed since she had been seeing Leland.  Of course nothing was mentioned about when they met, but she referred to him as her boyfriend and talked about him like they had some time getting to know each other.  It annoys me when shows can't seem to follow a timeline.  

• Love 4

I thought the little jingle Leland was singing with girls was interesting but I didn’t catch all of it. The first part was something like “1,2,3. I want the devil to dance with me”.creepy. The flames around the bed were a bit silly but I’m interested to see where this relationship between Leland and the mother goes.

• Love 3

Holy crap that was awesome. WTF was the burning bed about?

Leland had to get stitches and bled, so he is definitely human. So, the Leland that appears to David is the devil in Leland's guise.

11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Kristen routinely leaves her kids with granny (her mother-in-law) a woman who is irresponsible.

Granny is Kristen's mother, not her mother-in-law.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/7/2019 at 11:57 PM, Brian Cronin said:

What I am less lenient about is that Kristen didn't play the tape for her mother right then and there, instead just leaving it at "He's a psychopath." Especially when her mother expressly told her that she was going after Leland! "He's a psychopath. Oh, you're going to go to him now? Okay, that's fine by me."

That's what I was thinking.  Specifics matter when you're telling someone someone else is a psycho.  I had forgotten about the recording, but just tell her all your interactions with him.   And tell the kids that he's a bad man so that if they see him elsewhere they know to stay away.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:41 AM, icemiser69 said:

ven at the day care center, the woman should have said to the other teacher "yes, it was nap time".

Actually, considering the fact that she was supposed to be keeping an eye on those kids, she should have told the investigation team that she would talk with the after work.  Kids don't need an extra nap forced on them (like that would have worked anyway) just because you're trying to take care of personal business at work.

If your unconscious mind is going to continue the rhythm of looking at the string, why wouldn't your unconscious mind also have you seeing the string?  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Have we completely forgotten about Hubby?  

well, he was in the mountain climbing dream, so I'll say no.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

keeping the dude around than listening to her daughter-in-law

daughter.  Not daughter-in-law.  She even said she wasn't getting back with her father, so unless this family has some weird dynamics going on, she is not Kristen's husband's father.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Actually, considering the fact that she was supposed to be keeping an eye on those kids, she should have told the investigation team that she would talk with the after work. 

That whole set-up seemed very odd. The male co-worker (boss?) seemed invested in the investigation, or at least like he was OK with David and co. being there, but  why couldn't they have gone to a private area? They did eventually meet with her alone, but the first two meetings at the daycare seemed designed to be quirky-humorous but completely unrealistic. The Kings need to realize we want less chaotic kids scenes, not more!

Ben continues to be the MVP of the entire cast. Loved his immediate question about Epstein when the lady said she could ask God anything he wanted.

All in all I did enjoy this episode a lot despite its ludicrousness. Loved Kristen's reaction to high David, especially.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She should have called the police, again she chose not to.

Not sure what she could call the police with? Him stealing her files was awful and illegal, but a freaking judge did nothing about it, so it seems unlikely that the cops (in the show's universe, anyhow) would care. As for him being in her house, the mother invited him; having him removed forcibly would upset her mom and kids, and at that point she was still hoping to talk some sense into her mom regarding the relationship. Is there something else I'm missing about what she should call the cops about? 

• Love 2

So I guess "really supports child rape" isnt a deal breaker for mom/grandma of the year! Is Sheryl under some kind of magical influence, or is she just this awful and stupid? I am just going to guess stupid and awful, considering when she first met Leland, she thought his "being good is dumb! My date was in a car wreck and yours is going to die of a heart attack! Awesome, you should ditch him!" pick up lines were totally hot, so I guess obviously evil is just her type. Kristen needs to tell her mom when she finds out she is still seeing Leland that she is going to have to chose between this psychopath and her family, because she cannot let Leland get a foothold in their house or let her daughters be exposed to him. 

I was telling Kristin "show her the tape you made!" over and over, but at least she finally did it, even if it didnt do much good. While it might not have been the smartest thing in the long term, I did love Kristin just straight up cutting a bitch with Leland, it was pretty delightful for me! So, is this going to be a Rosemary's Baby situation or what now? That fire sex was wild! Yeah Kristen, tell David! Tell David right now what is going on! I know its embarrassing that your your mom is a super horny selfish loser, but he will understand! Also, dont just hide the books, burn them! Not only are they from actual demon monster Leland, but the nice prophet lady said to avoid them!

This is one of the cases where I thought that ambiguity of what was going on worked quite well. Was Grace a prophet or just intuitive? I lean towards prophet, but Ben made a good point that these kinds of documents could have easily been leaked. I do wish we had found out what happened to her, was she deported or not 

Kristen's reaction to David while high was pretty hilarious, and that sex dream was pretty damn hot, before cockblocker demon ruined the mood. I dont know what that...thing in the room with David was, but it was extremely creepy. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

I wonder how Leland explained a long, edge of the carotid artery, finely cut laceration to the ED medics.  And Kristen is either very skilled with a knife (?), or very lucky, as the artery is not that far under the skin, as any pulse palpation will tell you.  If Leland had reflexively jerked his head, as would be natural, the outcome might have been woefully different.  Especially since she had been warned to avoid red.  Sorry.

I still don't get the episode title.  Let x=9?  Where was the equation?

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 2

Actually, what I don't get is, if he's out to get her, why didn't he call the cops?  I suppose he may have thought it would mess with his long con of grandma.  But, sending her to jail and possibly getting her kids taken away seems better than whatever he's got planned.  The church would probably fire her, too, because they wouldn't want that publicity.  The court certainly wouldn't hire her back.  And I would never use a psychologist who at the least aggravated assaulted someone and at worst attempted to murder him.  They probably have more problems than me.

• Love 1

That was an interesting episode--not perfect, but good enough that it kept my attention.  It does seem like they are moving away from a procedural format, which I think is a smart idea.  When dealing with the unknown/supernatural, it's hard to have arcs that wrap up nicely in 42 minutes, so I think the longer arcs just work better.

I think I've realized my problem with the L's...I don't have a problem with Kristen having daughters.  I actually think her conflicted feelings about motherhood, which have only been hinted at so far, will come into play down the line.  However, four is just too many.  In my mind she has 2--the youngest with mystery heart condition that no doctor can treat but, according to the supposed prophet, is no big deal and the older (but not oldest) one who is at least smart enough to not go to play in a graveyard with a strange kid who won't reveal her face.  The other two just seem to make noise.  

As for the grandmother, she's definitely a bit trashy, but I don't think I can attribute her actions with Leland to stupidity.  It seems that Leland is...something.  Whether he's Satan or a demon or just some guy who goes to the dark side, there is just something a bit more to him.  What he is not is appealing in any way and Grandma doesn't seem to be unable to attract male attention.  To me, it seems like he has some sort of power, for lack of a better word, and Grandma's horrendous decision are not completely of her own making. I would like to think that no one, bad grandma or not, would let a strange man hang around with 4 young girls in their bedroom with the door closed.  That is just...icky...and I'm surprised that Kristen wasn't more freaked about it even before she realized it was Leland.

I do hope they don't try to pair up Kristen and David.  They both have too much going on and the show doesn't need to add in a romance on top of everything else.  I mean, if they have to pair someone up with Kristen, I almost rather it were Ben, if only because it would give Aasif Mandvi more screen time (and I find him to be the most interesting of the bunch).  But, even that wouldn't make much sense.  It does seem like Kristen and Ben have a much more realistic friendship than David and Kristen.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Actually, what I don't get is, if he's out to get her, why didn't he call the cops? 

Do cops exist in this universe, lol ? (I'm being sarcastic). This question is right there for me with "why wasn't Leland arrested in the first episode" when they have an eyewitness placing him near the stolen files and he has testified under oath as to the material in the stolen files!  Plus he signed the ledger at the prison, and we have the killer he visited talking about what was in Kristen's sessions. Argh!  I find this plot point annoying.

The kids don't annoy me nearly as much as trashy Grandma.  Leland must have worked some evil mojo on her or something.  How can she be in denial after listening to the recording?  Is she that hard up for a man?  Sheesh.

I mostly like the show - our evil busting trio (Ben is my favorite) and there's enough ambiguity to keep me interested.  It's been pretty uneven though. 

On 11/8/2019 at 2:40 AM, phalange said:

I laughed when she showed up to talk to him about the case and he was as high as a kite. 

I laughed at this too, hee.  Also the way Kristen yells after Leland after she cuts him "you've got 18 minutes, keep the dishtowel".

Kristen did call David right away after she took the kids' diaries but got voicemail.   Why she doesn't say anything afterwards, I don't know.   The diaries were red and she kept those in her drawer, she was supposed to stay away from red.  Maybe's she got some evil mojo happening now too or maybe she changed her mind because she feels David isn't completely trustworthy (though that's dumb) and/or she wants to handle the Leland problem on her own (also dumb).

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I wonder how Leland explained a long, edge of the carotid artery, finely cut laceration to the ED medics.  And Kristen is either very skilled with a knife (?), or very lucky, as the artery is not that far under the skin, as any pulse palpation will tell you. 

I think she was supposed to be very skilled with a knife. She also knew exactly how many stitches he would need. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She didn't get rid of him, she just pissed him off even more.   Plus her horny old broad of a mother-in-law is more interested in getting laid and keeping the dude around than listening to her daughter-in-law.  Kristen should have known that.

She got him out of her house, fast, and I think she was clever. I don't care if she pissed him off: it's not like he's going to back off if she's sweet to him, and puts up with him threatening her daughters. 

• Love 6
On 11/9/2019 at 1:14 PM, Katy M said:

If your unconscious mind is going to continue the rhythm of looking at the string, why wouldn't your unconscious mind also have you seeing the string?  

That's true, why wouldn't it?  I've heard of another test for lucid dreaming where each hour you try to push on the table or surface near you. When you are dreaming and do it, your hand goes right through the surface.

• Love 2

I just want to say, first off, that I love Ben :).

On 11/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Loved his immediate question about Epstein when the lady said she could ask God anything he wanted.

That cracked me up :D. Asking the important questions here. 

On 11/9/2019 at 5:55 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I mean, if they have to pair someone up with Kristen, I almost rather it were Ben, if only because it would give Aasif Mandvi more screen time (and I find him to be the most interesting of the bunch).  But, even that wouldn't make much sense.  It does seem like Kristen and Ben have a much more realistic friendship than David and Kristen.

You know, I've been kind of intrigued by this setup, too, honestly, and this episode just further piqued my interest in that regard. Ben talking about how much he enjoyed working with Kristen and David was cute and sweet, and I liked how they seemed to be on the same page with their theories about everything going on this episode. Ben shares Kristen's more skeptical side, while David challenges it with his religious beliefs. It's an interesting contrast between the two relationships, and I like the way the show is exploring those different dynamics between the three. 

As for the grandmother, she's definitely a bit trashy, but I don't think I can attribute her actions with Leland to stupidity.  It seems that Leland is...something.  Whether he's Satan or a demon or just some guy who goes to the dark side, there is just something a bit more to him.  What he is not is appealing in any way and Grandma doesn't seem to be unable to attract male attention.  To me, it seems like he has some sort of power, for lack of a better word, and Grandma's horrendous decision are not completely of her own making. I would like to think that no one, bad grandma or not, would let a strange man hang around with 4 young girls in their bedroom with the door closed.  That is just...icky...and I'm surprised that Kristen wasn't more freaked about it even before she realized it was Leland.

I'm definitely with you on this theory. I can totally see Leland manipulating her somehow. I must say, though, as weird as whatever the hell is going on with Leland and the mom is, they do have a strangely interesting chemistry. This episode had me weirdly curious to see where this crazy relationship goes next. 

And YES to your comment about a strange man in a room with young girls. 

On 11/8/2019 at 8:31 AM, kwnyc said:

I also think Ben had a point about the Codex: there are many precious old documents owned by churches and colleges that have been stolen, circulated, copied, etc. over the centuries. Chances are, that is NOT the only copy. And I guess David's Ecclesiastical Latin must be pretty good, if he can translate fragments overnight! 

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was like, "Doesn't it usually take a really long time for translators to do that kind of work?" 

I loved that point about the documents being passed around. Makes perfect sense to me. 

I also agree with everyone on Kristen needing to tell David and Ben about everything with Leland, and cheering Kristen for chasing him away as she did. Yes, Leland will not go quietly, but still, I enjoyed seeing her fight back.

On a different topic, Kristen had some really cute clothes this episode. 

• Love 6

Trashy Grandma and Leland had what must have been the single most uninspiring screen kiss...which was even more obvious given it was paired with the amazing one between David and Kristin in Kristin's dream.  That, combined with the ridiculous/clumsy pickup lines last episode, and the lacklustre bedroom scene this episode (all those flames couldn't make it hot), has me convinced that there is something not-natural about her attraction to him, and that there is something else at play.  Honestly, she woke up the morning after sleeping next to what looked like a corpse.  How NOT sexy is that?

• Love 4

Man this show likes screaming kids. I was fine with the daughter but the class was a bridge too far.

Prophecies, the apocolypse, and a demon that bites? I dunno about anyone else, but I think they should call Buffy.

Seriously this show is making me want a Buffy reboot but only if it can be guaranteed good.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, teddysmom said:

I thought the show would be more X Files-y, ie take the cases seriously, not some cheesy, Grandma is sleeping with the Devil guy and the bed is on fire. 

Me too. Or like the tv show The Exorcist. I really thought Michael E could keep me watching but I'm really having a hard time staying interested.

I thought when grandma and Leland kissed the two actors looked so uncomfortable in that scene but I think his kiss put a magic spell on her or something and the bed scene with the fire was stupid.

Also, how did Kristen know how many stitches it would take to close the wound? 

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
4 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Me too. Or like the tv show The Exorcist. I really thought Michael E could keep me watching but I'm really having a hard time staying interested

I like it more when it's Kristen and David and Ben solving mysteries, not the screaming daughters, etc.  Was watching it last night and the one with the girls at the school singing all the time came up and I skipped it.  Just not in the mood for all the noise. 

Maybe we could give Kristen's husband custody of the girls, and he'd move.  

Agree the grandmother and Leland is gross.  He had to put a spell on her.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Also, how did Kristen know how many stitches it would take to close the wound? 

She tends to know a lot of random facts in general, so I chalk it up either to that or to her learning it through her former work somehow, with some of the cases she's consulted on and such. 

• Useful 1