Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

I haven't seen anything that Kelton or Josie have done to indicate that they think they are better than everyone. He recently replumbed the bathroom for Travis and Lydia and not too long ago did some huge plumbing job for KJ and Gill. Kelton is not some dumb hick who fell off the back of a turnip truck. He has a degree in finance. Granted it is from a religious college. They are a young couple with 2 young children. Both are business owners and I applaud them for not running off to a stupid gender reveal every time one of the Bates has a baby.  Both Josie and Kelton seem to be more serious than the other Bates who are living life like itis one big loud  party.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, cereality said:

I also think that Kelton simply is NOT interested in anyone on her side at all - except Bobby but they were besties before marriage - and I don't think he takes one for the team on any issue when it comes to Josie. He doesn't want to hang out with Trav which means he isn't wasting time or money flying to NJ for a long weekend, when he could hang out with his side of the family or use that time/money to go on a weekend vacation with Josie and his kids. He likely doesn't stop Josie from going, but as anyone with two young kids will tell you - you're only going to travel alone with two kids to visit your sister so many times. It is much easier to do these things if your spouse is on board so he helps with the travel, helps with the kids while you're there, and generally has an enjoyable time too [or at least acts like he's not miserable]. So that basically means Josie and Katie can hang out when Katie visits Tenn. But then given the Josie/Carlin rift for whatever reasons, Katie is splitting her time between Josie and Carlin as the three of them won't hang together. It limits the amount of Josie/Katie time. So then in true Bates fashion, Josie drops Katie and proclaims Lydia has her new bestie as she and Katie drift apart.

And I know people LOVE Kelton bc he's soooo successful but the dude is a douchebag who needs to get over himself. Dude you're a plumber who bought a plumbing franchise even though you act like you started your own business from the ground up. I mean good for you, you ARE successful and you work hard and make money and that's great but the attitude. He really believes that he is better than EVERYONE and Josie has that tendency too so the two of them have a superiority complex - as a plumber and weekend wedding make up artist?? Nothing wrong with those professions but imagine if they had real education and $ and were a doctor and lawyer couple - they'd never speak to anyone again.

I just think that in a family so huge, where you are cut from the same religious conservative cloth, if you have ZERO relationships with anyone in the family after all these years when there are so many members to choose from - it's you dude.

Even John who doesn't like all the hoopla still seems to enjoy guy-ing it up and throwing the football around with Jackson etc. when he's in Tenn. Even though he's saddled w/ Kelton as his bestie, Bobby genuinely seems to like hanging with Zach. Like everyone has friends within the family except for Kelton??

Kelton's business is a franchise? That adds a new layer to the "Kelton, successful business owner" storyline. 

I don't necessarily think he and Josie think they're better than anyone, period. Better than her moronic parents and some of her idiot siblings? Yes, and possibly correct in that belief. I haven't seen Kelton quitting his professional job to work at the "boutique" or pimping out his own children for TV money. Josie is old enough to remember living in poverty and chaos because her parents wouldn't work actual jobs and kept having children they couldn't afford. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Josie and the girls are at Tori’s for a cousin play date. Charlotte is too young to join in the fun so it’s the girls with Kade and Kolter. I’m sure Layla would love to play with her cousins too. Alliances have definitely shifted in this family. All families do but I don’t know any families (other than fundies) who swear all the siblings are best friends. 

Alyssa did say in a Q&A that she is closer to some siblings but circumstances change causing the closeness to also change. 

Tori has mellowed considerably since she was paired with Carlin in their THs. Katie has become more of an extrovert since she was paired with Josie. Darn, relationships manufactured for TV.

• Love 1

I've always said that whatever went down with BSB resulted in Josie and Tori siding with Erin, and Katie siding with Carlin. Alyssa is right that sibling dynamics change as you grow older, but there's been some pretty deliberate lines drawn in the sand. Katie removed all pictures of Erin from her Instagram, and this isn't the first play date Josie's and Tori's kids have had without Layla included. I've also noticed that Josie and Carlin don't promote each other's businesses at all, which would be odd if they're on good terms. Something's definitely amiss. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Katie removed all pictures of Erin from her Instagram, and this isn't the first play date Josie's and Tori's kids have had without Layla included. I've also noticed that Josie and Carlin don't promote each other's businesses at all, which would be odd if they're on good terms. Something's definitely amiss. 

I didn’t know about Katie removing Erin’s pictures from her IG. How long ago? Since she isn’t a BSB partner/owner that is a pretty harsh approach when she could quietly stop posting Erin’s pictures. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, SMama said:

Josie and the girls are at Tori’s for a cousin play date. Charlotte is too young to join in the fun so it’s the girls with Kade and Kolter. I’m sure Layla would love to play with her cousins too. Alliances have definitely shifted in this family. All families do but I don’t know any families (other than fundies) who swear all the siblings are best friends. 

Alyssa did say in a Q&A that she is closer to some siblings but circumstances change causing the closeness to also change. 

Tori has mellowed considerably since she was paired with Carlin in their THs. Katie has become more of an extrovert since she was paired with Josie. Darn, relationships manufactured for TV.

Thank dog they’re no longer on TV.

8 minutes ago, SMama said:

I didn’t know about Katie removing Erin’s pictures from her IG. How long ago? Since she isn’t a BSB partner/owner that is a pretty harsh approach when she could quietly stop posting Erin’s pictures. 

Katie still follows Erin. Just checked.

• Useful 1

I believe Layla is still sick. Erin’s kids aren’t there either. If they all go each time I imagine it would be overwhelming for some of the kids. This way, in a small group, they get to know each other and it’s probably a calmer environment.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I think it may have been back when she got engaged, but I'm not 100% sure. It stands out in my mind because Katie had several pictures of her and Erin together, joking about how they looked like twins. Then Erin was mysteriously absent from the boutique and the posts were removed. 

• Useful 1

I mean Alyssa is right in that sibling relationships shift as you get older bc geography, careers, spouses, whether you have anything in common as grownups. But these girls have taken it to a different level of absurdity. I think this is what happens when you drill into kids' heads that their siblings are to be their BEST friends + you don't expose your kids to the world so they are under-developed emotionally. You have grown 25-30 yr old women playing the - YOU'RE not my best friend anymore, SO-AND-SO is my new best friend. You know the things kids do at age 4.

I mean at Katie's wedding, Erin posted a pic and congratulated Travis and welcomed him to the family - made NO mention of HER SISTER, the bride - didn't even tag her?? I mean what 30 yr old plays these games?? But clearly she's hurt by whatever went down w BSB and the sides taken. Josie and Carlin don't interact to the point that they go to the same church, constantly post from church, and have never once posted any pic sitting near each other or even the cousins interacting; Josie never even acknowledged the episode Carlin had AT CHURCH. I honestly think beyond BSB there are some jealousy and superiority issues between Carlin and Josie re money/houses/success - as in Carlin is jealous of what Josie has and Josie has a superiority complex about how they're better off.

Josie and Tori hang out somewhat regularly bc we've seen pics of Kade/Kolter on Josie's IG before. OTOH Carlin and Tori NEVER hang out. To the point that a few yrs ago Carlin posted a video where Kade was over at her house - bc G&K/Addie/Ellie/Callie were over and they must've been watching him so they brought him - and Carlin literally asks him - do you know who I am, I am Aunt Carlin. And then later thanks him for coming over. Not the kind of thing you do with a kid you see regularly. I mean I highly doubt Aunt Josie or Aunt Erin have to introduce themselves to Kade.

And sick or not Layla was out at the store with Evan and they're headed to church tonight - no rest for those kids ever.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, cereality said:

I mean Alyssa is right in that sibling relationships shift as you get older bc geography, careers, spouses, whether you have anything in common as grownups. But these girls have taken it to a different level of absurdity. I think this is what happens when you drill into kids' heads that their siblings are to be their BEST friends + you don't expose your kids to the world so they are under-developed emotionally. You have grown 25-30 yr old women playing the - YOU'RE not my best friend anymore, SO-AND-SO is my new best friend. You know the things kids do at age 4.

I mean at Katie's wedding, Erin posted a pic and congratulated Travis and welcomed him to the family - made NO mention of HER SISTER, the bride - didn't even tag her?? I mean what 30 yr old plays these games?? But clearly she's hurt by whatever went down w BSB and the sides taken. Josie and Carlin don't interact to the point that they go to the same church, constantly post from church, and have never once posted any pic sitting near each other or even the cousins interacting; Josie never even acknowledged the episode Carlin had AT CHURCH. I honestly think beyond BSB there are some jealousy and superiority issues between Carlin and Josie re money/houses/success - as in Carlin is jealous of what Josie has and Josie has a superiority complex about how they're better off.

Josie and Tori hang out somewhat regularly bc we've seen pics of Kade/Kolter on Josie's IG before. OTOH Carlin and Tori NEVER hang out. To the point that a few yrs ago Carlin posted a video where Kade was over at her house - bc G&K/Addie/Ellie/Callie were over and they must've been watching him so they brought him - and Carlin literally asks him - do you know who I am, I am Aunt Carlin. And then later thanks him for coming over. Not the kind of thing you do with a kid you see regularly. I mean I highly doubt Aunt Josie or Aunt Erin have to introduce themselves to Kade.

And sick or not Layla was out at the store with Evan and they're headed to church tonight - no rest for those kids ever.

In all fairness, I think Josie's probably figured out that Carlin is full of shit. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In all fairness, I think Josie's probably figured out that Carlin is full of shit. 

Sure Carlin is full of $hit re her episodes and BSB, but Josie is full of it too re her fab influencer life, her business which re-sells barrettes and hats and has her doing fundie wedding make up, and her creepy as hell ugly husband who discussed his 2 year old’s virginity. None of these people are great which makes it funnier that they have a pecking order amongst each other and think they’re better than each other.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Another point about Josie and Carlin,  Josie was nowhere near the cash and carry sale as far as I know.  Since both Lawson and Michael were selling their wares there, it would have been a perfect opportunity for Josie to sell some barrettes to the fans that came out to have a meet and greet with Kelly.  

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Another point about Josie and Carlin,  Josie was nowhere near the cash and carry sale as far as I know.  Since both Lawson and Michael were selling their wares there, it would have been a perfect opportunity for Josie to sell some barrettes to the fans that came out to have a meet and greet with Kelly.  

I think Saturday is usually a wedding job for Josie. Plus Carlin doesn’t even use the barrettes from Josie, she has shared links to a different hair accessories company. So I doubt Josie will ever be at a BSB event.

• Useful 1
26 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think Saturday is usually a wedding job for Josie. Plus Carlin doesn’t even use the barrettes from Josie, she has shared links to a different hair accessories company. So I doubt Josie will ever be at a BSB event.

And I think when they have a free weekend they hang with Kelton's family.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Eh, I 've seen much worse. My niece looks like she's going clubbing at Michigan games. 

At Tennessee games, all that matters is the top. As you can see from the background, sections wear orange or white to create the stadium checkerboard. 

I'm a New Englander - this is what we look like.❄️🥶 🤣

image.png.1deae90e9dbd8241d83ddb19cbd8a57c.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Granddaughter is at San Diego State.  She has been totally uninterested in football although her Dad, my son, and her older brother are very interested.  She has been sending pictures of "me at the game".  She is dressed in denim cut offs and a crop top with SDSU on it.  (I will add that she is adorable.  Petite and cute) We all laugh and say "do you even know who is playing"?  She grew up in the PNW and her first choice of college was warm and sunny.  Girl after my own heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Eh, I 've seen much worse. My niece looks like she's going clubbing at Michigan games. 

At Tennessee games, all that matters is the top. As you can see from the background, sections wear orange or white to create the stadium checkerboard. 

Are you in Michigan? If so, we should have a snark meetup. Incidentally, it was nippy this weekend, but it felt good to me. Capris and t-shirt and carrying a jacket today. 

Topic: Josie's hair looks better. The too-blonde look does not look good on her, or on Katie for that matter. Or anyone else who isn't a natural adult blonde. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Are you in Michigan? If so, we should have a snark meetup. Incidentally, it was nippy this weekend, but it felt good to me. Capris and t-shirt and carrying a jacket today. 

Topic: Josie's hair looks better. The too-blonde look does not look good on her, or on Katie for that matter. Or anyone else who isn't a natural adult blonde. 

Nowhere near Michigan. My niece is from New Jersey. I'm on the other coast. 😀

I know it was a little nippy in Ann Arbor yesterday, but I'm sure she still she wore next to nothing. She's 19, and that's what 19 year olds do. 

Josie dressed like a conservative co-ed. She's what, 22? The age of a college senior?

• Love 2

I don't know, stadium seats are a tight fit, both side to side and front to back. I wouldn't be comfortable in a mini skirt being one false move away from the person in front of you coming face to face with your hooha. And that's beside walking up the steps with strangers walking behind you.

• Love 6

Miniskirt, go-go boots and crop tops seem to be the standard game-day uniform for college girls in the South. For some reason my Instagram search page is filled with these pictures, although I have no clue why. 

Are any of the Bates Titans fans? I know the Vols are in their hometown, but I find their obsession with a college football team a bit ironic, especially considering none of them will ever attend a mainstream University. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Miniskirt, go-go boots and crop tops seem to be the standard game-day uniform for college girls in the South. For some reason my Instagram search page is filled with these pictures, although I have no clue why. 

Are any of the Bates Titans fans? I know the Vols are in their hometown, but I find their obsession with a college football team a bit ironic, especially considering none of them will ever attend a mainstream University. 

Some of the Bates girls would make perfect bitchy, cruel, judgmental sorority girls. That’s who they are. But they would flunk out of all of their classes, because their parents didn’t educate them. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Some of the Bates girls would make perfect bitchy, cruel, judgmental sorority girls. That’s who they are.

You are 100% correct. Someone on Reddit reposted the AMA that a (former) IBLP woman did who grew up with the Bates. She was particularly close to Erin and Michael. It's a long thread but an interesting read. 

Among the gems:

Josie was really nasty to her about the color of her braces. Apparently, Original Recipe Bateses hated all things Christmas, and the girl had red and green elastics.

Gil and Kelly were vocally anti-adoption (sucks for you, Michael).

Erin was really bitchy about clothing standards and told the girl her mid-calf dress was too short. 

Zach was proudly Confederate (and thank God he's no longer a cop). 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You are 100% correct. Someone on Reddit reposted the AMA that a (former) IBLP woman did who grew up with the Bates. She was particularly close to Erin and Michael. It's a long thread but an interesting read. 

Among the gems:

Josie was really nasty to her about the color of her braces. Apparently, Original Recipe Bateses hated all things Christmas, and the girl had red and green elastics.

Gil and Kelly were vocally anti-adoption (sucks for you, Michael).

Erin was really bitchy about clothing standards and told the girl her mid-calf dress was too short. 

Zach was proudly Confederate (and thank God he's no longer a cop). 

Could you post a link? Or DM it? 

I am 100% NOT surprised that the Bateses are closet bitchy and out-of-the-closet racist. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It doesn’t seem terribly odd to me that they’re into college ball. But, then, I’m in Arkansas, where it seems like 99% of the state goes nuts over the Razorbacks, whether they went to the U of A (or any college) or not. But we also don’t have a pro team here, so…

(I could not care less about football and was fortunate enough to marry a man who also doesn’t give half a damn. But we have to keep it on the DL around here…)

Thanks for the Reddit link, BitterApple!

• Like 5

Wow has anyone read that Reddit thread. Beyond the usual stuff of them being judgy, anti Christmas, anti adoption Confederates - the poster says that there were incest and sibling molestation cases at church (not the Bates but members of that church). As to the Bates she says that within the last few years an older Bates boy had been texting a girl as a get to know you and then at church he touched her without her consent. Whatever it was was inappropriate enough that she told, it gets discussed with Kelly, and Kelly chuckles it off as “he’s just like his dad.” I’m thinking this wasn’t a pat on the arm or shoulder . . . . I have a feeling these ppl aren’t any less disgusting than the Duggars - it doesn’t have to be CP to be disgusting and inappropriate.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 6

Amazes me how many on Reddit are still such leg humpers after stories like the above are revealed.  They still think they are such great, wholesome people.  

I also can't understand the reactions to Josie's shop selling jewelry.  The cult/fans act like they have never seen bracelets and necklaces before and dying to buy them.  They are everywhere!  Kohl's, Target, Forever 21, Claire's, Amazon etc.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I also can't understand the reactions to Josie's shop selling jewelry.  The cult/fans act like they have never seen bracelets and necklaces before and dying to buy them.  

Josie and other influencers have me rolling every time they "launch" a new venture. They all say the exact same thing:

"I have something REALLY excited to share with you! I've been working on this for SO long, omg, I'm so nervous because I don't know how y'all are going to react! Okay, we...are...launching...MY BRAND-NEW CUSTOM PAPERCLIPS!!!!! Omigod, I've been working on these for like, eighteen months and I can't believe they're finally here!!!! Click the link in the description box!."

Is there some sort of Influencer handbook that has this script in it? Or are they all so unoriginal they just copy each other? 

• LOL 13
17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Well evidently Josie still hates red and green at Christmas- her trees have white lights and ornaments, along with some dried orange slices for colour.  Just like her home decor and wardrobe palettes. 😉

God, I am so glad not to be the child of a Bates.  My parents went all out for Christmas; lights strung everywhere, green tree with multicolor lights and ornaments, not a dried piece of fruit in sight.  I cannot imagine living in the color-free land of the Bates, especially as a kid.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

God, I am so glad not to be the child of a Bates.  My parents went all out for Christmas; lights strung everywhere, green tree with multicolor lights and ornaments, not a dried piece of fruit in sight.  I cannot imagine living in the color-free land of the Bates, especially as a kid.

Ooooh but Nbug, did you have I LOVE YOU DAY?!  🤣💖😂🤣😉

• LOL 9
On 9/27/2022 at 11:04 AM, Notabug said:

So did my parents. We had our house all decked out inside and outside the house. It was always so much fun. We always did a bunch of fun stuff every Christmas. 

• Useful 1
On 9/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

LoL, they even let you know what color you are suppose to wear before the games.  Must have that Tennessee checkerboard.

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This one? The child has had it. 😉 

C2B51FE1-0B37-4EA3-927B-3AAA1474A203.jpeg

Love the innocent finger :D

• LOL 1