Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

So now Josie is making her hubby whore out clothes?  I hate skinny pants, jeans, whatever you want to call them, on a man.  Also find it funny that on the same day, Carlin shows Evan whoring out, I think, the same clothes.  Such competition. 
Carlin also mentioned Zach endorses the same clothes.  He's no one to be selling clothes.  At least Even/Kelton are semi fit.  Not that I'm one to talk, but Zach thinks he's so hot and built.  Gross 🤢

Could be worse. Could be Nathan the bulldog. 

• LOL 8
(edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 1:24 AM, So unbelievable said:

True.  He and Zach are about the same, in my eyes.

Nah, Nathan is fuglier. He looks like his parents combined to give him all their worst features -- Zach only got 80% of Gilly's least attractive components. 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/2/2022 at 3:20 AM, GeeGolly said:

Call me petty, but I want to know who made more sales, Josie or Carlin.

I would bet Josie just because she's less irritating than Carlin. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Does Josie have hair extensions? She just did a shilling story on IG and never put a brush through her hair and she was even advertising a scalp brush. Then she said two or three times she was going to wear her hair natural tomorrow. Her hair is wavy when wet, but with that length, without some products, I'm sure the waves fall out.

Anyway, the whole hair routine felt weird to me.

6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She has had extensions in the past.  Not sure if she has them currently.

She takes hair growth supplements and collagen, pretty sure that is all her hair, at this time.  Why someone young and healthy needs to take supplements like that is beyond me.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Josie have hair extensions? She just did a shilling story on IG and never put a brush through her hair and she was even advertising a scalp brush. Then she said two or three times she was going to wear her hair natural tomorrow. Her hair is wavy when wet, but with that length, without some products, I'm sure the waves fall out.

Anyway, the whole hair routine felt weird to me.

It is weird.  And I'll say it again, gross. Me saying that it is gross to wash your hair once a week is what had Whitney block me on IG.

First weird thing, the once a week washing.  It's just nasty.  Especially since they live in the south with months of heat and humidity.

Second, the whole process.  Maybe you wouldn't need to scrape the weeks worth of crap off your scalp before washing it if you washed it more than once a week. The oil, the dry spray, the texture spray.  That builds up and has to feel disgusting by day 7.  Plus a baby and toddler who have grubby little hands pulling her hair getting it grubby too.

Third, she says just washed her hair and has full face of makeup.  Did she wash it in the sink?  Shower then reapply all that makeup?  Super weird. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, So unbelievable said:

She takes hair growth supplements and collagen, pretty sure that is all her hair, at this time.  Why someone young and healthy needs to take supplements like that is beyond me.  

I think she lost a lot of hair after she had Hazel.  Pretty common- it happened to me after I had my babies.  I’m guessing she has some sort of sponsorship with the company- it is quite pricey.  She swears by it but post partum hair loss usually reverses after a few months, so she may not have needed it at all.  
My hair is a lot thinner than it used to be, and I am considering trying that supplement not because of Josie but because my dermatologist recommended it.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

My hair is a lot thinner than it used to be, and I am considering trying that supplement not because of Josie but because my dermatologist recommended it.

I was worried about hair loss/ thinning from a new med prescribed.  I started taking a collagen + Vitamin C from Walmart.  Much, much cheaper and works great.   Good luck to you 🙂

• Like 2

I was wondering what kind of meat cut Kelton was going to make for Hazel’s birthday party today. Burgers and hotdogs are perfectly acceptable but Kelton loves his meat. I was surprised to see they are making three chickens. Josie said they have never had as many guests as they will host today. So it looks like the Bateses are invited. No expensive meat for them! 😂 I didn’t expect them to celebrate today since Kelton has a real job. 

• Love 1

Kelton said that they were cooking 4 chickens. He was prepping them today I guess.  Josie will start them on the grill tomorrow before he comes in from work. Josie mentiond that she hopes they have enough food. If all of the Tennessee Bates and their families show up 4 chickens may not be enough.

• Love 2

Maybe that’s a way to cut down on so many guests. A Tuesday night party sounds about right for someone who grew up in a household whose parents didn’t hold down regular jobs. 

• Love 6

OMG, the back drop for Hazel's backyard party - I guess everything must be IG ready in the life of an influencer.

Callie was there wearing the same clothes she has been wearing for over a week. K & G were in FL last week, maybe Callie didn't pack any clothes while staying with Carlin? Not that's its too far to go grab some for her.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well given that no one cares that Callie has been working like a dog since last week when Evan and Carlin returned to Knox, I'm sure no one cares or even notices that she hasn't changed her clothes in days. She legit looked tired in Carlin's last few IG stories. Last week she was scrubbing Carlin's new kitchen, putting in shelf paper, etc. Supposedly Kelly and Callie went over there to help but Kelly as usual parked her a$$ in a lawn chair, put on her reading glasses, and was scrolling her phone as a 12 yr old ran around doing work. And then when Kelly decided to "help," she still didn't move her a$$ out of her lawn chair and instead just pulled Layla in her lap to cuddle.

And then that wasn't enough, Callie has apparently been lent out to stay with Evan and Carlin at the old house and pack. She legit looked tired as Evan handed her full boxes that she carried into the living room. There was one set of IG stories where legit Evan and Carlin were both freaking lying down in bed and CALLIE was still on her feet packing?? Sure Katie "helped" but it seems like Katie packed a box or two and then was like uh I'm not spending my 3 days in Knox doing this and ran off to Josie's -- she went to the mall with Josie; was shown at the party; stayed the night with Josie last night -- and now as of 6 am is headed back to Phila. anyway. And it seems like Ellie is/was off in Fla. with Alyssa; I'm guessing Addie is watching Jeb/Jud/Whit's kids. But not poor Callie has no where to run off to, she's indentured to Carlin and Evan since they need help and Gil and Kelly have decided THEY aren't going to personally help but will offer family assistance; when that nurse was there yesterday hooking up the EEG Callie was lying on the couch looking EXHAUSTED as Evan and Carlin sat there joking around filming it all.

• Sad 8
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think Carlin went. Did Evan go without her? I can't see that happening.

I think Layla went to dinner the night before with K & G. Maybe they picked her up the next day for the party? Well, I guess what I'm saying is it would have been nice if K & G or someone did that.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

That was a huge smash cake.

And it was her second smash cake, she had one for the photo shoot. Willow is one patient toddler. She waited patiently to get her hands on the cakes once her sister was done. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I don't get why someone goes to the trouble and expense of having a beautiful cake and then have the kid smash it. What a waste. Why not give her a cupcake and let her smash that?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

What up with Josie and her rugs? She moved her linty living room rug into her bedroom and now she has a small round rug in the middle of a square carpet pad.

I'm guessing the rugs are expensive to cover that space, but she basically has a carpet pad as a rug in the middle of their house.

Also, do they have a dining room, or dining room table? I don't think I've noticed one. I'm eye-spying that everywhere because we decided to eliminate our dining area in our home.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What up with Josie and her rugs? She moved her linty living room rug into her bedroom and now she has a small round rug in the middle of a square carpet pad.

I'm guessing the rugs are expensive to cover that space, but she basically has a carpet pad as a rug in the middle of their house.

Also, do they have a dining room, or dining room table? I don't think I've noticed one. I'm eye-spying that everywhere because we decided to eliminate our dining area in our home.

I didn't notice she moved the living room rug to bedroom, I don't pay that much attention.  I did notice the underpad in the living room though.  What?  Why?  Must be waiting on a brand new one, since they can't keep one thing for more than a few months before replacing it. 🙄

I can't remember if they were just folding tables, but when they did the invitations at Josie's for Nate's wedding, they were at some sort of tables.  

• Useful 1

Josie has the most adorable post on her instagram with Willow telling Kelton it's Father's Day. And she tells him how much she loves him and that he is the best father.  Willow is a doll. Kelton does look like he is a great dad. It's nice to see this family with daddy spending so much time with his daughters at the beach, fishing, swimming and playing ball.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

So odd. Apparently Katie is back in town, this time with Travis. They went to a  midweek church service with Carlin's family. Josie shows Willow getting all excited to see Katie at the church. Then Josie shows her and Travis eating dinner in their car, but meanwhile K & T are dining out with C & E.

Is there something going on between Josie and Carlin?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So odd. Apparently Katie is back in town, this time with Travis. They went to a  midweek church service with Carlin's family. Josie shows Willow getting all excited to see Katie at the church. Then Josie shows her and Travis eating dinner in their car, but meanwhile K & T are dining out with C & E.

Is there something going on between Josie and Carlin?

I think there is something going on between Carlin and Josie.  They were around each other a lot pre Katie's wedding, but not so much now.  

And Katie already visiting again ... just so strange.  She was just in TN last week.  Went home for a few days to buy some plants for their landscaping beds and now her and Travis are both back in TN.

Travis did sing at the Wednesday night church service, there was a small clip of that on Josie's Insta.  And Josie showed Willow all excited about seeing Aunt Katie. 

Like you said, Josie was not in the footage at the restaurant eating with other members of the family.  Maybe those who were there had been at the boutique and decided to go grab some lunch?  (But where was Callie?)  

I think Katie is pregnant.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Josie just wanted to get her girls home and into bed after church.  She probably fed them dinner before church and she and Kelton got something after to eat on the way home.

She did go to see Zade after he was born, and Carlin mentioned that she was sad to miss Hazel’s birthday party when she was doing her multi day EEG last week.

With so many siblings it would be impossible to document every single interaction, and it’s only natural some have a closer bond than others.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

I think there is something going on between Carlin and Josie.  They were around each other a lot pre Katie's wedding, but not so much now.  

And Katie already visiting again ... just so strange.  She was just in TN last week.  Went home for a few days to buy some plants for their landscaping beds and now her and Travis are both back in TN.

Travis did sing at the Wednesday night church service, there was a small clip of that on Josie's Insta.  And Josie showed Willow all excited about seeing Aunt Katie. 

Like you said, Josie was not in the footage at the restaurant eating with other members of the family.  Maybe those who were there had been at the boutique and decided to go grab some lunch?  (But where was Callie?)  

I think Katie is pregnant.  

As they were leaving church Carlin asked Layla if she wanted to sit next Katie at dinner. Maybe they ate lunch out and dinner out too?

I do have a feeling that Josie/Kelton are more about sticking to bedtimes and routines and don't upset that every time there is some Bates gathering. J&K seemed to only pick up dinner for themselves, suggesting they had already fed the girls who'd be going straight home to sleep. E&C OTOH treat Layla and Zade like their college roommates; if they want to stay out until midnight, oh well the kids will drag along and just fall asleep wherever.

I do think there is something up between Josie and Carlin though - may not be actual beef as much as just a lack of interest or commonality in each other or some mild disdain for each others' lives? I mean I just realized yesterday they all go to the same church - as Katie was holding Zade at church but then Josie was posting pics of Trav singing at church, meaning all of them were at the same church. Yet never once has Carlin posted any pic of sitting with Josie or the cousins together at/after church. Seems like E&C have made sweet friends at church and are in the pastor's circle, and Josie/Kelton are not a part of that. And when Katie is in town, they share her instead of all 3 playing together. Last night was Katie going to dinner with Carlin/Evan; watch in a few days it'll be Katie hanging exclusively with Josie. That's what they did last time - Katie spent like 2 days with Carlin/Evan at their new house/packing etc. and then escaped and spent the rest of the time with Josie, shopping for Hazel's bday, attending her party etc.

Given that Katie doesn't live in town and Carlin was busy with her move, you'd think Josie could have stopped by to hang out with her sisters at Carlin's - nope. I'm sure Josie didn't want to be roped into helping with the move, but given that you live in town + your sister has been having medical issues in/out of the hospital, you really wouldn't stop by to visit when your other sister is also there and IDK maybe bring some food or pack up her make up for 15 min to show you care?

I think the only sister Josie hangs with is Tori, which she doesn't post all that often bc I think Tori prefers not to be all over IG. But we've seen a few pics of her girls playing with Tori's kids. Meanwhile the one time we saw Kade at Carlin's house, Carlin literally was like - do you know who I am, thank you for visiting - suggesting the kids don't know her at all. Makes sense as it seems like everyone avoids the Carlin/Whit clique except Katie who jumps back and forth between cliques. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Who really thinks Josie will use the Dove shampoo/conditioner they bought at Costco for her once a week hair washing?  I really don't believe she will.  Not after she shills all the other expensive stuff.  

Found it funny too that they all of a sudden love Costco's meat.  Especially since they were going on and on about the meat delivery a couple months ago.  Guess whatever gets them free shit and a dollar.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Who really thinks Josie will use the Dove shampoo/conditioner they bought at Costco for her once a week hair washing?  I really don't believe she will.  Not after she shills all the other expensive stuff.  

Found it funny too that they all of a sudden love Costco's meat.  Especially since they were going on and on about the meat delivery a couple months ago.  Guess whatever gets them free shit and a dollar.

I guess they think we can’t remember what they “loved” just last week and will happily buy whatever products they share a link to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Meh.  They were offered a sponsorship, took a trip to Costco, and came away with some extra money in their pockets.  Why not take advantage of the opportunity?  Might as well make some extra money while they can.  Eventually they will be replaced by other influencers.

I'm not rushing out to buy anything she promotes- most of it is way too pricey for my taste. But is it any different than trying something you have seen in a "best products" article in a magazine?  I recently found a great new sunscreen that was mentioned in an article.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Meh.  They were offered a sponsorship, took a trip to Costco, and came away with some extra money in their pockets.  Why not take advantage of the opportunity?  Might as well make some extra money while they can.  Eventually they will be replaced by other influencers.

I'm not rushing out to buy anything she promotes- most of it is way too pricey for my taste. But is it any different than trying something you have seen in a "best products" article in a magazine?  I recently found a great new sunscreen that was mentioned in an article.  

It’s disingenuous and dishonest, imo. I guess they have no problems with that. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s disingenuous and dishonest, imo. I guess they have no problems with that. 🤷‍♀️

I wonder how that works - Josie (and her sisters) have been plugging Navy(?) hair products for months. How does Navy feel when Josie starts plugging Dove?

• Like 5
On 6/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, So unbelievable said:

I give her a pass on this...I use expensive and cheap products...I have thick long hair...I use cheap shampoo for the first wash and expensive for the second...and I will sometimes use cheap conditioner to shave my legs ( although I am getting Laser hair removal tx now)...I never criticize any kid trying to make a buck...

1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

I give her a pass on this...I use expensive and cheap products...I have thick long hair...I use cheap shampoo for the first wash and expensive for the second...and I will sometimes use cheap conditioner to shave my legs ( although I am getting Laser hair removal tx now)...I never criticize any kid trying to make a buck...

As long as it’s crystal clear that they are promoting products for money and not being completely disingenuous, pretending that they actually chose to use specific products, it’s fine imo. But these people aren’t always up front and come across as deceptive.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Josie did say people were asking her about her favourite "affordable" shampoo and conditioner.  It's entirely possible she used Nexxus before the expensive brands came calling with their sponsorships.  I think they use it in a lot of salons as well, so she may have used it when she worked at the salon before Willow came along.

Does Matthew McConaughey really drive a Lincoln in his everyday life?  I take all celebrity sponsorships with a grain of salt anyhow.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1