Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

(edited)

The "people are asking" bit is influencer speak requested by the sponsor, who often provides a loose script of bullet points. I doubt people have asked her about cheap shampoo. Shampoo generally, probably, but not specifically cheap brands.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess I am very frugal because I would not consider Nexxus to be "cheap".  I'm sure the bundle at Costco is priced at a substantial discount, but I'm seeing the average price to be around $16 for a 32 ounce bottle.  I'd say that it is more of a mid-priced brand. 

I understand there are all kinds of "influencer speak", but I also have to think that a lot of her followers simply can't afford the high priced brands she promotes.  That eyelash serum is $155! 

The last thing she would want is to lose followers, so she promotes more affordable brands as well.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

$155 for eyelash serum? That's obscene.

I know!  And it keeps selling out so it must produce results .  However, I'm guessing if you stop using it your eyelashes will go back to normal.

I'll stick to mascara.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I know!  And it keeps selling out so it must produce results .  However, I'm guessing if you stop using it your eyelashes will go back to normal.

I'll stick to mascara.

My eyes are super sensitive, so I've never been able to wear mascara. I suppose that rules me out of eye serum as well. Although if I were in the market, I'm sure there's something cheaper. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie did say people were asking her about her favourite "affordable" shampoo and conditioner.  It's entirely possible she used Nexxus before the expensive brands came calling with their sponsorships.  I think they use it in a lot of salons as well, so she may have used it when she worked at the salon before Willow came along.

Does Matthew McConaughey really drive a Lincoln in his everyday life?  I take all celebrity sponsorships with a grain of salt anyhow.  

It’s 💯 clear that Matthew McConaughey is in an advertisement.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The "people are asking" bit is influencer speak requested by the sponsor, who often provides a loose script of bullet points. I doubt people have asked her about cheap shampoo. Shampoo generally, probably, but not specifically cheap brands.

Yes, that phrase alone is so transparently deceptive to me. NO ONE asked, lol. 

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I'll stick to mascara.

You can get prescription meds that actually work for less. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I would take with a grain of salt any product a reality star/social media influencer mentions.  Personally, I find it a turn-off because their opinion is influenced by the free product they are getting.  At the very least, it's easier to think favorably of free shit because you didn't use your own money to get it. At the worst, it can be an utterly biased or completely untrue opinion simply to get more free stuff or credits with the company.  

If my hairdresser recommends a hair product, I would trust her only if her recommendation is based off her experience doing hair and her knowledge of my hair.  But if she has a social media page where's touting these products with affiliate links or selling them in her salon where she's making a profit, then I'd be highly skeptical. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I would take with a grain of salt any product a reality star/social media influencer mentions.  Personally, I find it a turn-off because their opinion is influenced by the free product they are getting.  At the very least, it's easier to think favorably of free shit because you didn't use your own money to get it. At the worst, it can be an utterly biased or completely untrue opinion simply to get more free stuff or credits with the company.  

If my hairdresser recommends a hair product, I would trust her only if her recommendation is based off her experience doing hair and her knowledge of my hair.  But if she has a social media page where's touting these products with affiliate links or selling them in her salon where she's making a profit, then I'd be highly skeptical. 

Oh my goodness, I just did a rambling post in Carlin's thread about this. I'm with you, I avoid influencers and anything with the word trend, like the plague.  I like my advertisements to be advertisements and any 'recommendations' to come from real life choices and experience.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I must be an odd ball because my hair can’t tell the difference. Since I let the color grow out and my hair is silver white anything goes. I have a bunch of purple shampoos and conditioners and other than scent they all act the same. I even have a puppy whitening shampoo that I took to the hairdresser and she said other than scent (Jasmine) it has the same ingredients as people shampoo. So anything Josie recommends couldn’t have any advantage to me at least so far.  If she did a video comparing products she bought with no sponsorship it might offer some objective information. But I am out of her demographic so there’s that 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I must be an odd ball because my hair can’t tell the difference. Since I let the color grow out and my hair is silver white anything goes. I have a bunch of purple shampoos and conditioners and other than scent they all act the same. I even have a puppy whitening shampoo that I took to the hairdresser and she said other than scent (Jasmine) it has the same ingredients as people shampoo. So anything Josie recommends couldn’t have any advantage to me at least so far.  If she did a video comparing products she bought with no sponsorship it might offer some objective information. But I am out of her demographic so there’s that 

Mine has grown out white the past 2 years also, and I bought some Redken Extreme conditioner and it’s been a miracle. It’s pricey but I got it for half price. If you get a chance, give it a try. I use inexpensive Pantene shampoo but this conditioner has given me shiny, healthy looking hair.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Mine has grown out white the past 2 years also, and I bought some Redken Extreme conditioner and it’s been a miracle. It’s pricey but I got it for half price. If you get a chance, give it a try. I use inexpensive Pantene shampoo but this conditioner has given me shiny, healthy looking hair.

Will give it a try when I run out of something.  Right now, my "stuff" has given me great hair.  Shiny, sparkly, soft, etc.  Honestly I think most of it is mostly the same anyway except for scent.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, I just did a rambling post in Carlin's thread about this. I'm with you, I avoid influencers and anything with the word trend, like the plague.  I like my advertisements to be advertisements and any 'recommendations' to come from real life choices and experience.

Exactly! 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I'm sure its a coincidence, but it seems Carlin's health issues kept her family from attending Hazel's and now Willow's birthday parties. Unless of course they were there and not photographed due to some weird influencer thing.

• Like 1

Josie and Kelton are shilling a home security system. I wonder if her sisters will do the same as they tend to shill the same products.

They bought a rabbit for Willow’s birthday. Hopefully they take good care of the animal. I’m not a fan of getting animals for young children. If it doesn’t work out they can rehome it with the Paines. JK

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Why are these girls and their headships so stupid?? Josie is on IG crowing about how they’re getting a full security system put in because “weird things have been happening.” Of course she’s shilling for the company. But sweetie if indeed weird things have been happening (she could be lying so who knows), do you think it’s necessary to show viewers exactly where the main alarm panel is, where the cameras are being drilled in to the side of your house, and then show us on the panel exactly which areas are camera-ed? 

I mean you already live in a nothing town where it’s easy to figure out who lives where (and K helpfully let all know it’s at the end of a dead end road) + you’d shown everyone the exact layout of your house + you show off your $$ goods like the Trager + everyone knows the exact days you’re at work/on vacation etc. They need to take a lesson from any number of actual B/C list celebrities - I follow a few of the Bachelor alums who have a legit empire, some low level NFL players. These people know they aren’t STARS yet still - while they film inside their homes, they never show exact layouts; they don’t show enough of the exterior for you to know the exact house; they certainly never announce what days they work out of the home; vacations - maybe they’ll post mid way thru/at the end but unlike the Bates they don’t put a sign up that they’re gone by showing themselves leaving at 6 am. A few always say they have dog/house sitters staying over - who knows if they do - but they want that impression out there. Contrast the Bates girls - woohoo here’s our address, send us free stuff.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Josie and Kelton are shilling a home security system. I wonder if her sisters will do the same as they tend to shill the same products.

They bought a rabbit for Willow’s birthday. Hopefully they take good care of the animal. I’m not a fan of getting animals for young children. If it doesn’t work out they can rehome it with the Paines. JK

Home security? How about not putting all of your personal information, pictures and videos of your kids and homes, etc all over the internet? If someone wanted to figure out your exact address, it would likely be very easy. OMG.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Why are these girls and their headships so stupid?? Josie is on IG crowing about how they’re getting a full security system put in because “weird things have been happening.” Of course she’s shilling for the company. But sweetie if indeed weird things have been happening (she could be lying so who knows), do you think it’s necessary to show viewers exactly where the main alarm panel is, where the cameras are being drilled in to the side of your house, and then show us on the panel exactly which areas are camera-ed? 

I mean you already live in a nothing town where it’s easy to figure out who lives where (and K helpfully let all know it’s at the end of a dead end road) + you’d shown everyone the exact layout of your house + you show off your $$ goods like the Trager + everyone knows the exact days you’re at work/on vacation etc. They need to take a lesson from any number of actual B/C list celebrities - I follow a few of the Bachelor alums who have a legit empire, some low level NFL players. These people know they aren’t STARS yet still - while they film inside their homes, they never show exact layouts; they don’t show enough of the exterior for you to know the exact house; they certainly never announce what days they work out of the home; vacations - maybe they’ll post mid way thru/at the end but unlike the Bates they don’t put a sign up that they’re gone by showing themselves leaving at 6 am. A few always say they have dog/house sitters staying over - who knows if they do - but they want that impression out there. Contrast the Bates girls - woohoo here’s our address, send us free stuff.

EXACTLY. They can shill anything they want, including home security systems, but the bottom line is that they continue to exploit their kids and put them at risk by continuing to put them out there on SM and YouTube constantly. It’s not safe, plenty of research shows all the predators who use YouTube to find young kids to gawk at (and sometimes worse). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I agree. I think Willow is a bit young for a pet and I doubt she'll be interested in it beyond the initial "Cool, it's a new toy!" stage. I predict the rabbit will go the way of Zach and Whit's dog: a single Instagram appearance only to never be seen or heard of again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

If someone wanted to figure out your exact address, it would likely be very easy.

I'm that someone.  I've looked all of them up to see how much they bought their houses for.  Very easy.  I'm not a stalker though and they should be worried about that. I was shaking my head during the whole thing with what she was showing.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I think Willow is a bit young for a pet and I doubt she'll be interested in it beyond the initial "Cool, it's a new toy!" stage. I predict the rabbit will go the way of Zach and Whit's dog: a single Instagram appearance only to never be seen or heard of again. 

Z&W had a dog??? Pets really don’t fare well with fundies. Hoping J&K are responsible pet owners. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SMama said:

Z&W had a dog??? Pets really don’t fare well with fundies. Hoping J&K are responsible pet owners. 

Lulz! See how quickly their pets disappear?! Yes, they briefly had a Beagle. It was a birthday gift to Bradley from Whit's dad. This is back when they first bought their previous house. I don't think the dog lasted a month. 

• Sad 3
  • Useful 5
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! See how quickly their pets disappear?! Yes, they briefly had a Beagle. It was a birthday gift to Bradley from Whit's dad. This is back when they first bought their previous house. I don't think the dog lasted a month. 

I had forgotten about the dog but I do remember they made a dog house for him.  The pooch didn't last very long.  

Willow's bunny wasn't a baby.  Looked like a full grown rabbit.  Maybe the bunny is one of the Payne's pets and they were looking to re-home it before the move. 

• Useful 3
22 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Breaking news: Josie says that using a new razor shaves better than using her husbands old one.  

What a joke.  Does she really think people do not know this?  

Josie probably doesn’t know this because she grew up in a cult with ridiculous rules, sheltered from the real world, and devoid of any kind intellectual curiosity. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

So Kelton is helping Trace with the plumbing in the bathroom renovation.  After hours, so I am assuming he is doing it for free.  

But when Evan and Carlin had some plumbing issues he was nowhere to be found.  

Interesting.

12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

So Kelton is helping Trace with the plumbing in the bathroom renovation.  After hours, so I am assuming he is doing it for free.  

But when Evan and Carlin had some plumbing issues he was nowhere to be found.  

Interesting.

I think Trace has helped Kelton and Josie with several renovation projects, so this is probably Kelton's way of returning the favor. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't Carlin attend Willow's recent birthday party?  I could have sworn that she was there.

I believe that was Hazel's birthday. Carlin had the episode that resulted in a concussion before Willow's, and neither she nor the kids attended. The reason I'm thinking Hazel, is because Erin was also there and that's the first time she and Carlin had been photographed anywhere near each other in months. 

Edited by BitterApple
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't Lydia already move in? I wonder what exactly is being fixed and what works in the bathroom.

In the vid Josie posted, there’s was a peek of 5e bedroom completely set up. So I think she did. Although the bathroom was still all ripped up, so I’m not sure where she is showering and/or using the toilet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't Lydia already move in? I wonder what exactly is being fixed and what works in the bathroom.

2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

In the vid Josie posted, there’s was a peek of 5e bedroom completely set up. So I think she did. Although the bathroom was still all ripped up, so I’m not sure where she is showering and/or using the toilet. 

The bathroom is gutted.

Is Lydia's brother living next door? Maybe she's using that bathroom?

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Can these people ever do things for themselves?  I would never buy a camper and expect my family/friends to come help renovate the whole damn thing.  Nice to have help, but I always wonder how guilted pressured these folks are to come help.  

FIFY 

Or the "helpers" aka servants feel sorry for them, like Michelle Duggar's laundry helper felt sorry for them. 

• Love 2

Kelton is making a “healthy lasagna” for dinner. I’m curious what makes it healthy. I also hope the frying pan he is using is not non stick or it’s ruined. I didn’t get a good look. 

• Useful 1
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm still laughing. A suitcase full of drab.

image.png.f9f338a03bf3251fbbe65f24630b66f5.png

The influencer version of wearing only black or dark blue. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe they do beige because they can't match colors. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Lmfaooooo. It looks like the suitcase of a nanny who works for an uber-wealthy family. You know, the ones who are always dressed in non-descript uniforms so they blend into the background. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Just a few months ago - in April - Josie flew by herself with the babies to Katie's, to help decorate her bedroom and hang-out. And in early summer when Katie came to help Carlin pack, she hung out with Josie for a couple of days.

Josie and Katie used to be bestie "twins". What happened since then?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Just a few months ago - in April - Josie flew by herself with the babies to Katie's, to help decorate her bedroom and hang-out. And in early summer when Katie came to help Carlin pack, she hung out with Josie for a couple of days.

Josie and Katie used to be bestie "twins". What happened since then?

I think it's several factors. First, the husbands. Evan and Travis have bonded, so it's easier to do things as a foursome. Contrast that to Kelton, who has a business and can't spend his days getting pedicures and Starbucks. Josie also has a business, while again, Katie and Carlin have no jobs (sorry, but I don't consider influencing "work" and Carlin isn't at BSB enough for the dress gig to be a job, YMMV). Basically, Katie and Carlin have nothing but boredom and time on their hands, so there's more availability to hang out. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I also think that Kelton simply is NOT interested in anyone on her side at all - except Bobby but they were besties before marriage - and I don't think he takes one for the team on any issue when it comes to Josie. He doesn't want to hang out with Trav which means he isn't wasting time or money flying to NJ for a long weekend, when he could hang out with his side of the family or use that time/money to go on a weekend vacation with Josie and his kids. He likely doesn't stop Josie from going, but as anyone with two young kids will tell you - you're only going to travel alone with two kids to visit your sister so many times. It is much easier to do these things if your spouse is on board so he helps with the travel, helps with the kids while you're there, and generally has an enjoyable time too [or at least acts like he's not miserable]. So that basically means Josie and Katie can hang out when Katie visits Tenn. But then given the Josie/Carlin rift for whatever reasons, Katie is splitting her time between Josie and Carlin as the three of them won't hang together. It limits the amount of Josie/Katie time. So then in true Bates fashion, Josie drops Katie and proclaims Lydia has her new bestie as she and Katie drift apart.

And I know people LOVE Kelton bc he's soooo successful but the dude is a douchebag who needs to get over himself. Dude you're a plumber who bought a plumbing franchise even though you act like you started your own business from the ground up. I mean good for you, you ARE successful and you work hard and make money and that's great but the attitude. He really believes that he is better than EVERYONE and Josie has that tendency too so the two of them have a superiority complex - as a plumber and weekend wedding make up artist?? Nothing wrong with those professions but imagine if they had real education and $ and were a doctor and lawyer couple - they'd never speak to anyone again.

I just think that in a family so huge, where you are cut from the same religious conservative cloth, if you have ZERO relationships with anyone in the family after all these years when there are so many members to choose from - it's you dude.

Even John who doesn't like all the hoopla still seems to enjoy guy-ing it up and throwing the football around with Jackson etc. when he's in Tenn. Even though he's saddled w/ Kelton as his bestie, Bobby genuinely seems to like hanging with Zach. Like everyone has friends within the family except for Kelton??

• Like 2
  • Useful 1