Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

Josie and partner are looking for help. Kudos to those who predicted they’d be losing employees. Or their business is growing. I had to crop a lot to get the picture to load.

610093E4-4CB8-4E1F-9436-3531E8AC4426.thumb.jpeg.739f1ba7f6a288e5def9d0b01b49d714.jpeg

• Useful 4

As BSB drops a video staring Zach about the cash and carry, Josie rolls out her collaboration (whatever that entails) with Rolee of her mommy and me matching clothes line. Meanwhile, C&E are MIA. Stay tuned for the next chapter of As the World Turns. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Josie has a story up and at the end she is holding Hailey. Is she at Carlin’s house? I thought I saw Zade being his pleasant self sitting on the floor, but it was a quick glimpse. 

I think for whatever reason Carlin and Josie do not advertise the fact that they do occasionally spend time together. I remember another post where they were together in Target (saw Willow and Layla in the cart) yet neither Josie or Carlin tagged each other.  And Josie did go see Carlin when Zade was born last year. 
Maybe they don’t want any conflict of interest with their somewhat competing businesses? 
Or maybe they realize that giving the impression that there is a bit of a feud going on drums up interest and clicks.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I think for whatever reason Carlin and Josie do not advertise the fact that they do occasionally spend time together. I remember another post where they were together in Target (saw Willow and Layla in the cart) yet neither Josie or Carlin tagged each other.  And Josie did go see Carlin when Zade was born last year. 
Maybe they don’t want any conflict of interest with their somewhat competing businesses? 
Or maybe they realize that giving the impression that there is a bit of a feud going on drums up interest and clicks.

Carlin has a business? 🤣

• LOL 11
51 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Carlin has a business? 🤣

She thinks she does, anyway! 

To hear some Redditors tell it, she's running a Fortune 500 company. I laugh out loud whenever I read their interpretation of Carlin and Whitney's hobby business. 

• LOL 8

In Josie’s insta story she says she needs caffeine so bad because the time change is a killer. Going to California she gained 2 or 3 hours, meaning she should have gotten more time to sleep.

Or if she woke up at 5 am instead of 7 am, what prevented her from having a cup of coffee?

• LOL 7
45 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

In Josie’s insta story she says she needs caffeine so bad because the time change is a killer. Going to California she gained 2 or 3 hours, meaning she should have gotten more time to sleep.

Or if she woke up at 5 am instead of 7 am, what prevented her from having a cup of coffee?

She’s not very bright.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

We flew from Eastern time zone to pacific today. It is 6 pm and family going to eat. I am ready for bed but won't turn down the experience. It does mess with someone. I will wake up too early tomorrow and by the time I am adjusted will head back and feel zoned out. Not that I am a fan of theirs. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

You are correct. Going from one time zone to another does create problems. You don't gain or lose time, the clock does.  So if like you they got in at 6:00pm  Pacific daylight time her body is telling her that it is 9:00 pm.  And most likely she woke up early they next day. It takes awhile to adjust and then they are headed back to Eastern Daylight time. I don't think this is  unusual at all.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I don't get it. 20 something Josie needed coffee to stay up past 9pm (her zone) or needed coffee because she woke up early? J&K say they frequently stay up past midnight handling business tasks. And if they woke up early, then just go get some coffee. 

When I was that age I could stay out very late and still get up and go to work the next day.

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't get it. 20 something Josie needed coffee to stay up past 9pm (her zone) or needed coffee because she woke up early? J&K say they frequently stay up past midnight handling business tasks. And if they woke up early, then just go get some coffee. 

When I was that age I could stay out very late and still get up and go to work the next day.

Ditto. I remember going out and REALLY partying and going to work on 3 hours sleep. Not often, but I did it. Ah, youth! 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

She has two young children in her care. 

I thought they left them home.

And yes, when they stay up until midnight at home they get up early to take care of the kids and Kelton goes to work.

• Like 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I thought they left them home.

And yes, when they stay up until midnight at home they get up early to take care of the kids and Kelton goes to work.

If you normally wake up at 6am and your body clock makes you wake up at 3 am in California after you went to bed at 10 or 11 local time you're not getting coffee. You're going to toss and turn for a few hours until you give up on going back to sleep. You will be groggy all day. 

• Like 3
Just now, Dehumidifier said:

If you normally wake up at 6am and your body clock makes you wake up at 3 am in California after you went to bed at 10 or 11 local time you're not getting coffee. You're going to toss and turn for a few hours until you give up on going back to sleep. You will be groggy all day. 

What does that have to do with having two young children?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

i was unaware that the kids weren't with them.

Body clock still applies.

Yes, I'm aware of time change/body clocks. They are two 20 somethings. I'm sure a night of poor sleep is something they can handle. Especially being the parents of two young children.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Perhaps she's like me and has had trouble adjusting to time changes all her life.  My mother hated even switching spring and fall when daylight saving time came out because she said she was guaranteed a few days of me being out of kilter.  I have never traveled well crossing time zones.  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Perhaps she's like me and has had trouble adjusting to time changes all her life.  My mother hated even switching spring and fall when daylight saving time came out because she said she was guaranteed a few days of me being out of kilter.  I have never traveled well crossing time zones.  

I'm the same way. You wouldn't think a one-hour difference would be that big of a deal, but it takes me at least a week to adjust. Even my dog gets thrown off because his eating and walking schedule has shifted. 

I don't doubt Josie was tired, but like GeeGolly just said, she always tries to be the reLAtABle, harried mom to her followers. She's always tired, had a crazy morning, sooooo busy, running late, juggling a million balls, etc. There really isn't much about her I find genuine. 

• Like 15

Was Josie making a big deal about being tired? I honestly don't remember. But I don't doubt that she was tired. She runs a business and takes care of 2 little children. She was probably up late Thursday night packing for herself and for the kids. Then Friday getting the children settled at Michael's dashing to the airport. and then the time change.  Is she not allowed to be exhausted at times? Now if she was complaining and crying and carrying on about it that's another story. but I don't remember seeing this. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Was Josie making a big deal about being tired? I honestly don't remember. But I don't doubt that she was tired. She runs a business and takes care of 2 little children. She was probably up late Thursday night packing for herself and for the kids. Then Friday getting the children settled at Michael's dashing to the airport. and then the time change.  Is she not allowed to be exhausted at times? Now if she was complaining and crying and carrying on about it that's another story. but I don't remember seeing this. 

What about this? 

from Ozziemom : And what was with the cutesie hand under the chin? Look at me I am so silly and cute, nope!

A plumbing company invited them to see how their shop is laid out b/c Kelton’s moving to a new shop soon and can’t decide how to lay his out. I’m assuming he knows them through their industry. IMO a long way & $& to go for a short time but probably a nice getaway for them w/o kids. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

A plumbing company invited them to see how their shop is laid out b/c Kelton’s moving to a new shop soon and can’t decide how to lay his out. I’m assuming he knows them through their industry. IMO a long way & $& to go for a short time but probably a nice getaway for them w/o kids. 

I agree, I don't blame them either for taking the opportunity to get away, but yeah, probably something Kelton could've researched online or visited closer to home. 

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Honestly, that sounds like just an excuse for a vacation. 

• Like 9
(edited)

The Balkas are in Arizona, girls included. They have done some traveling lately. Work related? Don’t see how but it got them to California. Interesting choice for a family vacation. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 4
11 hours ago, SMama said:

The Balkas are in Arizona, girls included. They have done some traveling lately. Work related? Don’t see how but it got them to California. Interesting choice for a family vacation. 

Seems like for some people it would be a great choice. Maybe not for everyone. Plenty other things to snark on. Like their beliefs and some behaviors. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Seems like for some people it would be a great choice. Maybe not for everyone. Plenty other things to snark on. Like their beliefs and some behaviors. 

I agree and should have said for them. Visiting the Grand Canyon was simply amazing. First time for both my kids and SBaba. Then there’s the food (Sonora hot dogs) should have qualified by saying I didn’t see the appeal to the Keltons. 

• Like 3

They claimed that Josie loved Utah, and Kelton proposed to her there. 

The Grand Canyon is beautiful, but I think the girls are too young to appreciate it. Then again, they could be in Phoenix. We don't know what brought them to Arizona.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie was going on about getting her hair cut.  Looks like she cut off about 4 inches. With hair that long it really isn’t a huge difference. 🙄

That’s called a trim in my book

That was ridiculous. Josie spent two days teasing this haircut and then ends up looking exactly the same. A little shorter, but no change in the style. 🙄

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I understand the Bates kidults trauma from food and financial insecurity. It’s why they are on SM shilling whatever they can get their hands on. But it’s plain stupid for Josie to announce she’s home alone with the girls daily. They can’t be paying them that much to jeopardize their safety. Way to go KJ&G!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

As soon as she said that about being home alone i thought why did you say that?? I bet there are crazy stalkers out there who would think nothing of knocking at her door. Like Josie do not announce this to the world.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

With addresses relatively easy to find nowadays I guess they are all vulnerable. Stalkers can wait for an opportunity for anyone to be alone.  We are even advised not to post when we take vacations because unsavory folks look for opportunities. Once we are on the grid we open ourselves to this kind of thing. 

• Like 6

What friends does Josie have in Connecticut? There aren’t tons of fundies or evangelical Christians up there, though I guess Nathan did date an NYC evangelical for a while so they exist everywhere. She has a posted up about leaving Knox at 4 am with both girls but without Kelton to fly to NYC and drive an hr and a half to Connecticut. Maybe there’s a sweet fangirl up there buying a lot of barrettes who said visit anytime. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cereality said:

What friends does Josie have in Connecticut? There aren’t tons of fundies or evangelical Christians up there, though I guess Nathan did date an NYC evangelical for a while so they exist everywhere. She has a posted up about leaving Knox at 4 am with both girls but without Kelton to fly to NYC and drive an hr and a half to Connecticut. Maybe there’s a sweet fangirl up there buying a lot of barrettes who said visit anytime. 

The Langdons are from CT. Maybe Claire and Jason Duggar are getting engaged, and Josie is there to do her best bud's hair and makeup?

• Useful 6
(edited)

Wonder why she flew into NYC when there is a major airport almost smack dab in the middle of the state of CT, which is pretty much less than an hour to anywhere in the state.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, cereality said:

What friends does Josie have in Connecticut? There aren’t tons of fundies or evangelical Christians up there

I wouldn’t bet my money on that.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Langdons are from CT. Maybe Claire and Jason Duggar are getting engaged, and Josie is there to do her best bud's hair and makeup?

Unless she is getting paid big bucks to do this I can't fathom why she would leave home at 4 am and travel to CT with 2 toddlers by herself.  That girl could go to a local stylist for hair and makeup for an engagement picture. Or she could have traveled to TN to see Josie.  

Didn't someone named Claire already marry a Duggar?  

• Like 4