Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

I wonder how the house hunting is going?

They're getting ready for a trip to Arizona and Josie is going through everyone's clothes. They have an obscene amount of clothes. The clothes alone will need their own room, a la the Duggars.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They're getting ready for a trip to Arizona and Josie is going through everyone's clothes. They have an obscene amount of clothes. The clothes alone will need their own room, a la the Duggars.

That's actually understandable when it comes to the way Josie was raised. The Bates had a community closet set up and everyone wore whatever they grabbed that fit. Josie may still feel the effects of that and is clinging to whatever she owns because nobody can take it from her now. 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

That's actually understandable when it comes to the way Josie was raised. The Bates had a community closet set up and everyone wore whatever they grabbed that fit. Josie may still feel the effects of that and is clinging to whatever she owns because nobody can take it from her now. 

When they rebuilt the house the kids' rooms all had closets and by the time Josie was a teen 3 or 4 of her sisters were married in just a couple of years. 

I think it has more to do with getting endless freebies and needing a certain look for influencing.

• Like 2

I'd say both. It would take a lot of therapy -- which Josie almost certainly has not had -- to recover from the kind of shitty, poverty-stricken childhood her cult-member parents inflicted on her. But she's simultaneously a self-centered, image-obsessed fundie influencer, and she needs all the trappings that go along with it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 4/21/2024 at 9:25 AM, GeeGolly said:

When they rebuilt the house the kids' rooms all had closets and by the time Josie was a teen 3 or 4 of her sisters were married in just a couple of years. 

I think it has more to do with getting endless freebies and needing a certain look for influencing.

They still used the community closet concept (even if smaller closets) for quite a while with the girls and boys. You can see shirts and clothes being worn by different sisters and brothers. There were some episodes where they found their favorites among the clothes a sibling was packing. In the episode with the fire, the majority of all the kids clothing, including the teens, was on hangers and folded in the laundry room.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the influencer handbook includes reels about travelling with kids, as this must be the eleventy millionth time Josie has made one, and Carlin is up there too.

• Like 5