Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

In all fairness I haven't seen anything that indicates that they are not concerned about the baby's condition. They haven't posted recent updates so maybe their attention has been on the baby's health and progress. I hope everything goes OK. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I am sure they are concerned. But not as  worried as they were when Hazel was born. To be fair maybe since they have been through this before just knowing what is happening is a big help. Plus they may be downplaying their concerns on social media. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

On a more shallow note she posted a reel on Instagram last night which was basically a time lapse of her labour. Those curlers were in her hair until she was pushing. So how did that work? When they told her she was fully dilated did she say “ Hold on , let me do my hair and makeup first”? Seriously I do not understand. When I was 10 cm dilated hair and makeup were the furthest thing from my mind. And the nails? I was told to remove any nail polish before my deliveries in case there was an emergency. Is that not the case any more? 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
22 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

On a more shallow note she posted a reel on Instagram last night which was basically a time lapse of her labour. Those curlers were in her hair until she was pushing. So how did that work? When they told her she was fully dilated did she say “ Hold on , let me do my hair and makeup first”? Seriously I do not understand. When I was 10 cm dilated hair and makeup were the furthest thing from my mind. And the nails? I was told to remove any nail polish before my deliveries in case there was an emergency. Is that not the case any more? 

That's probably very close to the truth. When somebody posted the photos of her in the hospital with that stupid curler thing in, I thought, "I bet she takes it out in time for the push photos." 

Talk about vain. 

• Like 12
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

That's probably very close to the truth. When somebody posted the photos of her in the hospital with that stupid curler thing in, I thought, "I bet she takes it out in time for the push photos." 

Talk about vain. 

I suspect she had a very good epidural and it was always part of her plan to refresh her hair and makeup for photos of the birth.

That baby is not 95%ile.  As I've said before, ultrasound is really not very accurate in determining the weight of a fetus.  This is especially true in cases where it predicts a baby to be unusually small or unusually large.  Remember the bell curve from math class?  The actual results tend to skew towards the median, so the kid is more likely to be smaller than expected than larger if an ultrasound predicts a big baby.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
On 2/22/2024 at 8:50 AM, GeeGolly said:

I know, right!? 🐔🦄🦏

image.png.40e08ed30b5c2a9bc45e8a2738150c3f.png

I’ve seen many ridiculous things on IG, but this has to be in the top 50.  SMDH.  I can’t believe that she thought it was a good idea to post this. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

Talk about vain. 

It’s unbelievably vain.  I think she has managed to surpassed Jill Rodrigues in this arena.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I wonder what the nurses were thinking of her.  You know they talk at the nurses station. Oh and Josie, no need for all of the secrecy of baby boy, no one cares. You are not famous. Or interesting.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Oh and Josie, no need for all of the secrecy of baby boy, no one cares. You are not famous. Or interesting.

R’Amen to that. 

• Like 3

I hope the baby is doing well and that the delay is just about a replacement name for the one that was leaked, as @3 is enough mentioned. And if the leaked name really was Denver, the new name might be an improvement!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Unpopular opinion here, but I am happy for the Balka's.  I know they live a strict patriarch religion, but I had a baby girl after having two boys.  I was over the moon happy with having a girl, but the goal was always a healthy baby.  And I still loved my boys too.  

I do think it is weird that she wore those curlers in her hair while laboring and then took them down when pushing (with an epidural though, there is time while everything is being set up for the birth to touch up, if the laboring woman wants too) only to post a post-labor pic of herself with the little eye mask on under her eyes saying that she had swelling.  I guess even the business of having a baby is a time to shill for these influencers.  

I do think those curlers kept her hair contained and out of the way and she says they are comfortable to lay on.  Her hair in a ponytail could still have gotten in the way or been uncomfortable when reclining.  Just some thoughts.  

She will probably wait with the name until the baby is home and has been introduced to his sisters.  

I do think this baby was bigger than the girls.  I spied some cute little back rolls and he looks very filled out to be 3 weeks early, right?  Maybe not 95th% based on all babies, but he definitely looked bigger to me than the girls were.  

I do hope now that they have a 3 children, they will be content and not put any other baby in risk.  

• Like 9

It's a better name than I'd have expected from a mother with main-character syndrome. I thought Denver was more her style. 

When will his brother arrive? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve seen many ridiculous things on IG, but this has to be in the top 50.  SMDH.  I can’t believe that she thought it was a good idea to post this. 🤦🏼‍♀️

She looked like she had a dildo on her head.

• LOL 9

I like Miles better than Denver. 
I guess we will never know if Denver was first choice or if it was Miles all along.

7 lbs 10oz is only 1 pound bigger than Willow. Not huge by any stretch.

I am glad to hear he is doing well.

8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, Kelton didn't get his junior, but it looks like a compromise to get his name in there. 

Though I want to know how they got that sweater if they didn't know his gender or his name? 

Liars.

She said in her stories that a friend of hers did the name on the sweater last night. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

As far as fundie z listers and name leaks go, if they needed to do a quick pivot from Denver to something else and came up with Miles, they certainly did it better than when ben and jessa gave up whatever leaked name and went with Spurgeon. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5

Miles is a heck of lot better than Denver. I think it would have been nice to name him after his paternal grandfather Michael maybe Michael Kelton Balka. But that's. just me and that is what we do in my family. I am happy that it looks like Miles is doing well. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Her baby is pretty big considering he was born at 37 weeks, I think. 
Yeah, I can see the nurses rolling their eyes at her primping as soon as they leave the room

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

None of their kids first and middle names flow together. 

Hazel's is better than the other two. But Kelton is a weird name, and Kristy is more of a first name and a nickname, so it'll always sound awkward as a middle name. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

Hazel's is better than the other two. But Kelton is a weird name, and Kristy is more of a first name and a nickname, so it'll always sound awkward as a middle name. 

Kristy was Kelton's mom's nickname. Her given name was Kristine Anne.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

It does on driver's licenses. I remember seeing my aunt's when she moved back to South Carolina, and asking her if she changed her middle initial. I don't know about birth certificates. 

• Like 3

The Bates family Wiki isn't a reputable source. 

Even if her name were Bozo T. Clown Balka, she had a kind face. I hope for her family's sake that her nature reflected that. 

• Like 2

So I blame all of you. Middle of the night TV scrolling because I can't sleep. Two sections of the grid have similar and some same shows. Twice I scrolled past Golden in a row of boxes. And yup, my first thought was not Girls. It was penis. 😬😁🙃

• LOL 10

Josie has postpartum hives and she thinks she needs to see someone about pelvic floor issues because she is in pain when she walks. She says it is different from the other pregnancies. 
The baby is tongue tied so they have to take him in next week. 
She is still gushing about how sweet he is, which I understand, and Kelton is home and doing the cooking and distracting the girls which is nice. 
Still I have to wonder if she will remember all of this when they consider having another.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie has postpartum hives and she thinks she needs to see someone about pelvic floor issues because she is in pain when she walks. She says it is different from the other pregnancies. 
The baby is tongue tied so they have to take him in next week. 
She is still gushing about how sweet he is, which I understand, and Kelton is home and doing the cooking and distracting the girls which is nice. 
Still I have to wonder if she will remember all of this when they consider having another.

Nope. She'll remember the attention and decide she needs more, more, more. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1

I'm sure Josie is just being social media conscious given all the criticism that Alyssa got for saying "that's just how boys get treated" when she was talking about how she'd spoil her son over her daughters and how much criticism A&J get overall for basically dropping the girls when they got their precious boy - but Josie and Kelton seem NOT to be ignoring their girls, which somewhat shocks me.

Since the boy has been born, Josie has said yeah they love their brother but it's been an adjustment so we're trying to give them a lot of attention. And we've seen Kelton sitting and reading to the girls; Josie taking one daughter with her to the son's drs appt - the daughter who I guess acted like she wanted to go as the big helper; Kelton taking the younger daughter out by himself to go grocery shopping; Kelton cooking with one of the girls; the girls playing tea party with dad and Grandpa Balka. And in all of these instances except for the boy's dr appt, J&K didn't make it about the boy. Color me shocked . . . . I mean I'm sure they desperately wanted a boy as heir to the plumbing empire, another penis in the house etc. but wow they aren't altogether ignoring their girls or telling them them they MUST sit by their brother and smile 24-7 to get any attention from mom and dad. Way different than Alyssa - when Zoey (I think) was saying she was having palpitations/chest discomfort, she said when it happened all she wanted to do was go sit by Rhett - ahem likely bc Alyssa was sitting by Rhett and she knew that that was the only way to be near mom . . . .

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

It's funny you mention Zoey and Rhett, because Allie is displaying similar behaviors. Calling Rhett her baby, chasing after him in the library, being the obedient little helper. Those girls have clearly learned to read the room. If they want a glance from Mom, Rhett is their ticket. I happened to watch a YouTube therapy video today where the woman talked about how narcissist parents tend to shun same-gender children while putting children of the opposite sex on a pedestal. She then said how the children treated like crap end up on an unfortunate hamster wheel of continually jockeying for their parent's approval. She might as well have named Alyssa outright considering how accurately she described the Webster household. 

With Josie? Time will tell. She is extremely media savvy. She has a carefully created image that sends out the right Conservative dog whistles but doesn't reveal enough to turn off a mainstream audience. You have to do a pretty deep dive to locate the nefarious beliefs. 

The difference I see with Josie however is (unlike Alyssa) I think she genuinely enjoys being a mom. She and Kelton like being around their kids, as opposed to John and Alyssa, who flat-out admitted they put them to bed as early as possible to get them out of their hair. A happier home environment means everyone is treated better overall. 

• Like 11
(edited)

I also doubt that Josie will take photos of Miles dressed like a mini Chippendales dancer. 🙄

Kudos to them for not ignoring the girls.  Josie isn't stuck at home with the kids 24/7. I think that really helps her to appreciate the time she spends with them.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Plus Josie has 2 girls not 4. I think the longing for a boy was greater at the Webster’s house and lasted longer. Alyssa is also bad at disguising her preference for Rhett.

• Like 6

Little Miles is 2 weeks. I watched a reel (muted) of Josie showing a day in the life of a mom of 3. A good portion of the video was Josie applying make-up. I know there are some folks who won't go to the mailbox without make-up (no judgement), but yikes I just don't get being made up before breakfast is over (or at all), with a 2 week old.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Little Miles is 2 weeks. I watched a reel (muted) of Josie showing a day in the life of a mom of 3. A good portion of the video was Josie applying make-up. I know there are some folks who won't go to the mailbox without make-up (no judgement), but yikes I just don't get being made up before breakfast is over (or at all), with a 2 week old.

Well, it's not like she's wasting time reading books or anything. Fundies live the most superficial lives. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Well, it's not like she's wasting time reading books or anything. Fundies live the most superficial lives. 

It's also not like she has to get her other kids ready for school or daycare, either.  Willow is 4 now, she's probably tasked with getting Hazel dressed; based on the early ages they put their daughters to work doing parental tasks.

• Like 6
On 3/14/2024 at 9:05 AM, Heathen said:

I was unpacking some boxes from a not so recent move and it dawned on me. None of these fundies have many books. Sure there are tablet readers (I have mine) but I also have multiple bookcases and more books than could fit. Erin probably has the most and she turns them spine side back or confesses she buys based on color not content to decorate her children's rooms. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
(edited)

That was as predictable as Josie's smirky lip fillers in the photo. Fire up that jealousy, Carlin. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

I wonder what direction the Balka's will go. McMansion, 3 bedroom fixer-upper, big yard, small yard?

And will the Clarks rent their home if the choose to stay longer?

• Like 2

I can't see them going for a MacMansion. A three bedroom would be too small in a couple of years if they have 2 more kids. I wouldn't want to live in a fixer upper. with an infant and 2 young children but they might not mind it.  Kelton is pretty smart when it come to finances so i imagine that they will buy within their means but with an eye to the future.  

• Like 3