Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I hate to give Carlin and Evan credit for anything, but at least they didn't forget Layla when their Golden Penis came along. 

Probably bc Layla is their moneymaker and they know it. In the case of Josie and Alyssa - most of their money comes from their husbands' trade jobs/businesses; sure Josie makes extra by influencing but even that isn't really Willow/Hazel centric as much as C&E rely 100% on Layla for content whether it is dance or potty training or crying bc the Christmas tree is gone or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Here's my hope that Kelton Jr. and Rhett both turn out to be total little shits. Speaking from experience -- as a second daughter with a much younger Golden Penis half-brother -- it sucks to always be less special because of something you can't help. 

Josie, I hope he pees in your perfect hair. 

Here's hoping that both Rhett and Kelton 2.0 turn out to be Evan 2.0 - total losers. Evan is also the first boy after a line of sisters, clearly his parents spoiled him rotten and now look - the dude couldn't hold down a job if he needed to and instead is a lazy ass who'd rather exploit his wife's medical and mental issues + his daughter's childhood for $$$.

Pretty sure Stewart #3 is being made tonight. I mean Carlin has said herself that she LOVES giving birth bc she has the attention of all the drs, nurses, visitors etc. and it's when she goes home with the baby and the visitors go home that the depression sets in. Me thinks that as she realizes that tonight Josie is getting ALL that attention - she is suddenly ready for baby #3. Plus making a baby now gives them a holiday season baby at the end of this yr so I'm sure there's more content there with pregnancy chaos + holiday themed baby showers + the actual holidays.

3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Josie totally gave it away with the endless bump pics. I don't remember her being so overzealous with the girls.

Not to mention Kelton's smiles in the hospital pics. No way was the dude THAT excited when it was just girls.

• Like 10
54 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The question is , when did she take out the curlers? Because she just posted a video of the baby being born and her hair was loose. 
I guess they maintained the charade of “ we don’t know what we are having” through the delivery.  I have to say they are pretty good actors.

No, just extremely carefully curated. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Well, looks like we called it. 

I agree with everyone's comments. Josie and Kelton were so smug and over the top with this pregnancy, I'm surprised they didn't design commemorative plates. Yeah, and they're totally full of crap about not knowing the sex. They weren't doing bi-weekly photo shoots for kicks. They knew they were getting their much desired son and wanted to document everything. 

The girls had a nice run while it lasted, but the attention is definitely going to shift. Expect Kelton to wax poetic about Junior taking over the family business or playing quarterback for the Titans, and Josie  hashtagging every post with #boymom. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Well, looks like we called it. 

I agree with everyone's comments. Josie and Kelton were so smug and over the top with this pregnancy, I'm surprised they didn't design commemorative plates. Yeah, and they're totally full of crap about not knowing the sex. They weren't doing bi-weekly photo shoots for kicks. They knew they were getting their much desired son and wanted to document everything. 

The girls had a nice run while it lasted, but the attention is definitely going to shift. Expect Kelton to wax poetic about Junior taking over the family business or playing quarterback for the Titans, and Josie  hashtagging every post with #boymom. 

Picture it now: Kelton Jr. with toy plumbing tools and a wee Tennessee Standard shirt and hat. 

Sorry, Willow and Hazel, you are now officially less than. 

• Sad 12
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know, right!? 🐔🦄🦏

image.png.40e08ed30b5c2a9bc45e8a2738150c3f.png

Very phallic!

5 hours ago, Heathen said:

I hate to give Carlin and Evan credit for anything, but at least they didn't forget Layla when their Golden Penis came along. 

Only because they are exploiting her for money. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

Very phallic!

Only because they are exploiting her for money. 

True. But I hope that at least Layla doesn't feel like girls are inherently less valued than boys. 

So what did they name their Golden Penis? Or is that being saved for the next moneymaker family video? 

• Like 7

Ugh. Golden penis. I would hope he’s a holy terror, but I suspect somehow his sisters would be the ones to pay the price for that. Instead, I hope the girls overcome their parents’ influence and grow up to be confident, independent women. And that baby boy is a burden for his parents. (Unless Josie and Kelton surprise me and don’t favor the prince. If they can avoid that trap, I hope good things for all.)

After five daughters, my parents’ first grandchild was a boy. They were excited. But they were equally excited for each of his younger sisters and girl cousins. Neither of them gave a damn about gender. As my dad used to say, “Why should I care about having a boy? It’s not like we’re royalty and the nation depends on it. People who don’t appreciate girls are missing out.”

I knew a family that had that sort of Golden Penis attitude and their two daughters did carry on the boy preference into the next generation.

• Like 7

Lets hope because Kelton grew up in a family where many old school gender roles had to be scrapped due to his mother's death, that he sees the joy in having a mini-me, but continues to treat the girls as just as important.

• Like 8

So it begins - Josie is perched on her hospital bed gushing about having a boy and asks Kelton how he felt when he heard it was a boy and Kelton goes - "top 3 most emotional positive moments of my life - you walking down the aisle was up there too." You heard it hear first Willow and Hazel - top 3 best moments of your dad's life: (i) when he was moments away from knowing he'd be getting it on with your mom shortly; (ii) his BOY; and (iii) he doesn't say but - likely ONE of your births - but not both . . . . 

My sense is J&K's boy preference will be more big picture than J&A. I mean I do think Josie will say stupid shit like "I can spoil him, that's just how boys get treated" - ala Alyssa. But unlike A&J they do have money. So it won't be the case of the girls don't get to do any activities and the boy gets signed up for soccer or t ball the moment he can walk; or that the girls get cheaper and cheaper Amazon Christmas gifts each yr bc the boy needs his go kart and his sporting equipment.

Willow and Hazel are already in something like gymnastics or tumbling - I don't see J&K pulling them out (at least not yet - now when she's up to 5 kids, yeah I can see the older girls being pulled out of activities bc Josie thinks it's too hectic to drive from practice to practice + it's about time the older girls stop playing and start housewife training). Same with toys etc. for the kids - they can afford nice stuff for 3 kids. Same with things like cooking - bc Kelton cooks, I don't see them JUST making the girls cook; I feel like 2 yrs from now this boy will be dumping thinks into measuring cups like Hazel does not. I do think picking up after the boy, piles and piles of laundry, cleaning the bathrooms etc. will fall to W/H as "housewife training" while the boy won't have to be bothered -- after all only Josie does those things, not Kelton ever.

And Lord Kelton's plumbing empire - that is 100% for the boy, not the lowly girls.

So it looks like this nameless boy was born Wed afternoon and by Wed night, he was under the blue lights bc of the antibody issue that Josie has, and he's been there since. Josie even says he's in the hospital thru the weekend and quietly says "or early next week." Wow - IDK what her exact antibody issue is, though she has said before it affects the newborn and tends to get worse with each birth - but wow they are willing to keep having kids knowing they're subjecting to days old newborns to A LOT. I mean normal humans would be like - 2 girls + boy namesake - we're good, let's not take any more risks. But who are we kidding Lord Kelton has always said he wants 5 + this boy needs a brother lest he turn out . . . well you know . . . . 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, cereality said:

So it begins - Josie is perched on her hospital bed gushing about having a boy and asks Kelton how he felt when he heard it was a boy and Kelton goes - "top 3 most emotional positive moments of my life - you walking down the aisle was up there too." You heard it hear first Willow and Hazel - top 3 best moments of your dad's life: (i) when he was moments away from knowing he'd be getting it on with your mom shortly; (ii) his BOY; and (iii) he doesn't say but - likely ONE of your births - but not both . . . . 

"top 3 most emotional positive moments of my life - you walking down the aisle was up there too."

Better translation:

Top three = the three kids, then he realizes he should have said four. Adds the wedding on as the fourth.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

They're definitely having five kids, come hell or high water. Kelton strikes me as someone who came up with a life plan as a teenager, and it's gonna be followed to the letter. 

I'm sorry to hear the baby is having issues. A disorder that gets progressively worse doesn't sound good. Normal people would take that as a sign, but Fundies gonna Fundie. The baby factory ain't getting shut down any time soon. 

• Sad 7
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

"top 3 most emotional positive moments of my life - you walking down the aisle was up there too."

Better translation:

Top three = the three kids, then he realizes he should have said four. Adds the wedding on as the fourth.

That’s how I took it also.

• Like 5

Should we take bets on how pissed Josie is right now? 

She didn't even get the chance to do a newborn photo shoot with Male Balka placed artfully on her padded boobs before Katie dropped a massive bombshell. Talk about thunder stealing! 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Should we take bets on how pissed Josie is right now? 

She didn't even get the chance to do a newborn photo shoot with Male Balka placed artfully on her padded boobs before Katie dropped a massive bombshell. Talk about thunder stealing! 😂

Right now Josie is in her "three day baby bubble". Translation: Josie is high on pain meds.

She be pissed tomorrow. 😁

• LOL 8
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Grayson Parker Balka. 👶🏽♂️

I grew up with a Parker who was the sweetest kid ever. I've always loved the name for either a boy or girl, and I'll be crushed if these clowns use it. 😭

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Better translation:

Agree. That’s how I thought he meant it too. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, cereality said:

So it looks like this nameless boy was born Wed afternoon and by Wed night, he was under the blue lights bc of the antibody issue that Josie has, and he's been there since. Josie even says he's in the hospital thru the weekend and quietly says "or early next week." Wow - IDK what her exact antibody issue is, though she has said before it affects the newborn and tends to get worse with each birth - but wow they are willing to keep having kids knowing they're subjecting to days old newborns to A LOT. I mean normal humans would be like - 2 girls + boy namesake - we're good, let's not take any more risks. But who are we kidding Lord Kelton has always said he wants 5 + this boy needs a brother lest he turn out . . . well you know . . .

Our children had blood incompatibilities and we really gave not a lot of thought to the bili lights. I asked one of them sitting beside me and she was no big deal. The kids were treated and had no lasting effects. As she said it isn’t like tay sachs or cystic fibrosis. The newborns are treated and then it’s over and done. She’s happy to have had her siblings. Others will see it differently.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They're definitely having five kids, come hell or high water. Kelton strikes me as someone who came up with a life plan as a teenager, and it's gonna be followed to the letter.

Me too. Despite the problems with the second birth Kelton was already talking about still wanting a son like it was no big deal what Josie and the baby had just gone through. It does blow my mind that someone who's mother died after giving birth contiunes to risk his wife's health. Most couples would stop at two. Or maybe even one. I think there were problems  with the first birth.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Yes, Josie's had problems during the labor with Willow. Kelton refused to let Josie have an epidural, and she was passing out. She finally got her epidural, but she went through a lot of needless pain before Kelton relented.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Me too. Despite the problems with the second birth Kelton was already talking about still wanting a son like it was no big deal what Josie and the baby had just gone through. It does blow my mind that someone who's mother died after giving birth contiunes to risk his wife's health. Most couples would stop at two. Or maybe even one. I think there were problems  with the first birth.

If something happened to Josie during the next birth, who thinks Kelton would be like his dad and stay single and raise his kids alone? 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

If something happened to Josie during the next birth, who thinks Kelton would be like his dad and stay single and raise his kids alone? 

Somehow I don't think he'd be that noble. He's probably be dating another hot blonde in six months. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Their People article was up yesterday. No name mentioned.

After Hazel was born and out of the NICU they talked about Josie’s condition  and at the time Kelton did say that they might have to revisit the number of children they planned to have, especially since there was a strong possibility that it would get worse with every subsequent pregnancy/ birth. I guess he has a short memory. Pretty sure they will at least try for a brother for unnamed baby boy. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Somehow I don't think he'd be that noble. He's probably be dating another hot blonde in six months. 

Maybe even a Josie look-a-like, one of her little sisters. Sounds Biblical!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

Our children had blood incompatibilities and we really gave not a lot of thought to the bili lights. I asked one of them sitting beside me and she was no big deal. The kids were treated and had no lasting effects. As she said it isn’t like tay sachs or cystic fibrosis. The newborns are treated and then it’s over and done. She’s happy to have had her siblings. Others will see it differently.

As noted above, the antibody problem, whatever it is, tends to get worse in each pregnancy.  Rh disease is due to antibodies and can lead to stillbirth.  Or a baby with hydrops fetalis which is a form of heart failure due to severe anemia and often results in long term issues due to lack of oxygen in the womb and is often fatal.  This situation can even require intrauterine transfusions.  Also, with each baby, the antibody levels increase resulting in earlier and earlier complications and need to deliver the baby prematurely to avoid stillbirth.  And, then dealing with all the issues that prematurity brings. Without knowing what specific antibody Josie has, it is hard to predict her specific chances of a problem; but neonatal jaundice due to blood incompatibility is the least of the risks. 

As it is, a kid born at 37 weeks who needed bili lights within hours of birth and is projected to need them for at least 5-6 days is pretty dam*ed jaundiced.  And the next kid will most likely have it worse.

• Useful 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

6 months or fewer !

52 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Ewwwww! But he does like them younger.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Notabug said:

As noted above, the antibody problem, whatever it is, tends to get worse in each pregnancy.  Rh disease is due to antibodies and can lead to stillbirth.  Or a baby with hydrops fetalis which is a form of heart failure due to severe anemia and often results in long term issues due to lack of oxygen in the womb and is often fatal.  This situation can even require intrauterine transfusions.  Also, with each baby, the antibody levels increase resulting in earlier and earlier complications and need to deliver the baby prematurely to avoid stillbirth.  And, then dealing with all the issues that prematurity brings. Without knowing what specific antibody Josie has, it is hard to predict her specific chances of a problem; but neonatal jaundice due to blood incompatibility is the least of the risks. 

As it is, a kid born at 37 weeks who needed bili lights within hours of birth and is projected to need them for at least 5-6 days is pretty dam*ed jaundiced.  And the next kid will most likely have it worse.

Per Reddit, Josie said she has Anti-C antibodies. 

• Useful 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Per Reddit, Josie said she has Anti-C antibodies. 

Anti-c is a less common version of RH disease.  This is caused by antigens (proteins) on the surface of the red blood cells.  A person either has Rh antigen  (Rh positive) or doesn't (Rh negative).  That particular antigen is D, so Rh disease involves an Rh negative mom getting exposed to Rh positive blood either via a mismatched transfusion or carrying an Rh positive baby previously. 

Little c is another protein found in the Rh system and around 80% of people are c positive.  This is not shown on the usual blood typing which has A,B,O, AB blood types and is positive or negative based on the presence of D antigens on the red cells.  That's why, when you get your blood typed, they also do an antibody screen, looking for antibodies for the lesser antigens like c.  There are a bunch of others, some with letters, some with names like Lewis or Kelly.  Some of these antibodies can cause serious hemolytic disease of the newborn, others don't.  As an intern, we all learn the mantra 'Lewis lives, Kel kills' because moms with anti-Lewis antibodies do not have issues with neonatal hemolytic disease while those with anti-Kel need to be monitored more closely because their children are at risk.  

Anti c is the second worst situation when it comes to likelihood of causing neonatal hemolytic disease, only true Rh disease is worse.  That means the mom needs frequent measurement of the antibody levels in her blood in the last half of pregnancy to see if they are rising.  Mom's antibodies easily cross the placenta and will attack the baby's c positive red blood cells, destroying them.  The more c positive blood mom's immune system is exposed to, the more antibodies she makes and the higher the level at the start of any subsequent pregnancy; increasing the chances of problems.

If the antibody levels increase, serial ultrasounds are done to look for signs of heart failure in the baby like fluid in the lungs and abdomen.  If those are seen, or the antibody level is very high; a sample of the baby's blood will be gotten from the umbilical cord via amniocentesis to see if the baby is anemic.  A blood transfusion of antibody negative blood can then be given to the baby in the womb as needed.  The blood doesn't last long and the baby will need to be transfused again every couple weeks or so and at birth in many cases.  The procedure can cause complications like bleeding, intrauterine infections or trigger preterm labor.

I have only seen maybe half a dozen women with Rh disease in the past 40 years (thank you, Rhogam!).  But, in each case, we laid out the stats for the mom and advised that each pregnancy presented greater and greater risk including the need for procedures which can also cause fatal complications and to take this into consideration before having more children.

Edited by Notabug
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

My sister's ex got remarried to a woman who could've been her twin. They looked exactly alike right down to the hairstyle and highlights. The new wife even worked in the same field. I did a double-take the first time I met her. The funny thing is, my sister swore there was no resemblance. She was the only who didn't see it! 🤣

• Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1

Notabug this is very complicated I imagine to the average person. Is the risk of serious complications only to the baby and not the mother? I just don't see knowing what you have written they can in good conscience continue to get pregnant. 

• Like 10

Thank you, notabug, so very much for your explanation. I learned something in reading it today. If these two have more children, I throw in the towel. They are wreckless and idiotic. One does not "temp" God. They only care about themselves and their own desires. They don't really seem to care about their childrens' wellbeing. I don't want to think about what Josie's parents are advising her to do....but I think I have an idea. Jerks.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

According to Reddit (I know, I know), Male's actual name is Denver. It looks like someone spilled the beans, several times, and now Josie is deleting the comments. 

I'll personally find it LOL funny if her big reveal got spoiled again. 

• LOL 7
59 minutes ago, Heathen said:

According to Reddit (I know, I know), Male's actual name is Denver. It looks like someone spilled the beans, several times, and now Josie is deleting the comments. 

I'll personally find it LOL funny if her big reveal got spoiled again. 

Denver Balka? It sounds like a Benjamin Moore paint color. 

Man, Josie is being foiled at every turn. She has the baby. Eagle-eyed Redditers spot the bracelet and reveal the sex.  Sadly, the little guy has issues and she can't exploit him for clicks as much as she'd like. Katie makes a major announcement. Lydia reveals she suffered a miscarriage and now the one card Josie had left to play has been taken. This is the equivalent of the Hindenburg for an influencer. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Denver Balka? It sounds like a Benjamin Moore paint color.  

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I actually thought Willow and Hazel were cute choices. But if this is true the streak is over. Denver? Memories of happy times skiing? I do not get it.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I actually thought Willow and Hazel were cute choices. But if this is true the streak is over. Denver? Memories of happy times skiing? I do not get it.

Possibly where he was conceived?

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Notabug this is very complicated I imagine to the average person. Is the risk of serious complications only to the baby and not the mother? I just don't see knowing what you have written they can in good conscience continue to get pregnant. 

During an amniocentesis, bacteria can be introduced into the womb which can result in a serious, even life-threatening infection of the uterus called chorioamnionitis.  During an amnio, the needle could inadvertently puncture one of the mother's uterine veins which are about as big around as your little finger in pregnancy and cause internal bleeding which would require emergency delivery, possible hysterectomy, blood transfusion, etc.

Just the fact that Josie is undoubtedly going to need to be induced earlier and earlier each pregnancy presents a risk to her.  Induction presents a higher risk of prolonged labor, increased chance of cesarean delivery (while maternal deaths are not common, a woman is 7 times more likely to suffer a fatal complication from a cesarean delivery when compared to vaginal birth).  When you try to induce someone early, before their cervix is ripe, it is more difficult and more likely to lead to complications which can affect the mother.

The antibody issue isn't going to affect the mom, though, just the baby

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kelly still has her jacket on. I doubt she stayed more than 10 minutes. 

She's only there for the damn photo op anyway! It would be more cost-efficient to just have a Kelly cardboard cutout for the photos. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Notabug said:

lights within hours of birth and is projected to need them for at least 5-6 days is pretty dam*ed jaundiced.  And the next kid will most likely have it worse.

Oh yes. I had my little lemons. We did not have rH problems. My aunt did and I thought she was foolish getting pregnant only for them to die.  She didn’t get rhogam with her second pregnancy for some reason. Our doctors were never overly concerned and our first was the sickest because of figuring it out. The next two the doctor laughed I was ordering things before the child was delivered. Perhaps we were lucky but had no horror stories.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Notabug said:

have only seen maybe half a dozen women with Rh disease in the past 40 years (thank you, Rhogam!).  But, in each case, we laid out the stats for the mom and advised that each pregnancy presented greater and greater risk including the need for procedures which can also cause fatal complications and to take this into consideration before having more children.

Rh is horribly difficult. Thanks for the info. I’m glad no one told us the med school jingo until years later.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yes, thank you, @Notabug! My mom is Rh negative and had to go in for extra appointments when she was pregnant with my sisters. My dad (a doctor) explained that if we’d been born decades earlier, I would have been an only child, but didn’t really go into it beyond that.

None of my sisters were early or had to have special treatments so her antibody must have been a “better” one.

• Like 2

I remember how scared they were after Hazel was born and she was in the NICU . Also baffled that God would let this happen to a faithful couple such as themselves. Yet here they are again and it seems like they are not concerned because “ been there, done that” , Hazel was fine and the doctors will take care of baby boy too. Did they not understand the part about getting worse with each subsequent pregnancy? They have their boy and most sensible adults would be thankful and say they were done but I doubt that is the case here. Especially baffling since Kelton lost his mother and so God does, in fact, let bad things happen to good people. 

Was the baby’s weight ever mentioned? After all the posts about 95th percentile it seems odd that it  has not been revealed.

• Like 4