Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

Bringing this over from the Jed and Katey thread in Counting On.  Evidently they are visiting with the Bates.  Katey is modeling for the Boutique, and a large group went roller skating today.  

Willow was there with Katie.  No sign of Josie or Hazel. This is not the first time Willow has been seen with Katie during the day.  I wonder if Josie is too busy at work and Willow can’t come along for whatever reason.  I know Willow is close to her Aunt Katie, but there’s less than 5 months until the wedding and after that Katie will be in New Jersey.

So many possibilities- Josie  really is busy, Willow is not as thrilled with her little sister as we are being led to believe and she is acting up, or the “ baby blues” Josie hinted at are making it difficult for her to deal with both girls all day.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Bringing this over from the Jed and Katey thread in Counting On.  Evidently they are visiting with the Bates.  Katey is modeling for the Boutique, and a large group went roller skating today.  

Willow was there with Katie.  No sign of Josie or Hazel. This is not the first time Willow has been seen with Katie during the day.  I wonder if Josie is too busy at work and Willow can’t come along for whatever reason.  I know Willow is close to her Aunt Katie, but there’s less than 5 months until the wedding and after that Katie will be in New Jersey.

So many possibilities- Josie  really is busy, Willow is not as thrilled with her little sister as we are being led to believe and she is acting up, or the “ baby blues” Josie hinted at are making it difficult for her to deal with both girls all day.  

Ah Willow was with Katie. I know Carlin said in the car "we have cousin Willow with us" but I didn't see Josie so I assumed the cousins just wanted to ride in one car, and then when I saw Willow skating with a blonde, I assumed it was her mom not her aunt.

Honestly IDK how Josie intends to run her "business" selling barrettes when she and Kelton plan to have a kid yearly mostly likely AND she can't even run it with 2 kids. This isn't the first time she's been at her "shop" -- which BTW looks like an office suite in a suburban office park -- with the newborn and Willow has been with Katie or at G&K's house, presumably also with Katie there as I doubt Kelly is taking responsibility for a toddler for hours on end. I think Katie is Josie's childcare. Fine I guess except as you mention, she'll be gone in ~4 mos and then what?? 

All of these "businesses" seem to do fine when the mom has 1 kid, pre toddler age - she brings that kid like Carlin brings Layla every day. Yet when they have more than 1 they need to figure something out or else their entire time at "work" will be keeping the toddler from pulling down shelves of items. IDK what Whit does with her kids but she usually only has Jadon at the store, so someone is watching the other 3 and it isn't always Z bc he's at the store too nowadays. So yeah IDK what Josie intends to do with both kids starting in Dec and then all their future kids after that. Why even expand into an office suite for such a short time? They really couldn't set up shelving someplace in their house? How much room do hair clips take?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Actually, from what I have seen in her Instagram stories there is a sizeable inventory- too much for whatever room they were using in her house.  Also, I think the new space is dual purpose- a warehouse/shipping area, and a consultation area for prospective clients for the event business.

I'm pretty sure Kelton has a legit degree in business, even if it was from an Evangelical college, and if they made this move the volume of business probably warranted it.  I have a few issues with him and his beliefs, but I do think he is a pretty shrewd businessman- much more so than any of his in-laws.

Josie has close to 250K followers, so I can see where she could have a fairly lucrative little web business. No telling how long it will last of course, but they are taking advantage of it while they can.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
Just now, cereality said:

So Josie spent last night in the ER. No idea why yet - she’s vague-gramming on IG re how good it is to be home with her babies. 

I just saw that story.  I wonder what it was.  I hate it when they drop vague hints.  If you don’t want to tell the whole story just don’t post at all.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

I just saw that story.  I wonder what it was.  I hate it when they drop vague hints.  If you don’t want to tell the whole story just don’t post at all.

Well they want to be “cajoled” into telling when they see how worried their “fans” are and are asking 10,000 questions re what happened. Because then it’s all I’m #blessed to have sooooo many people who care.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I wonder if Josie had some sort of anxiety or panic attack? She doesn't seem to be doing well transitioning from one to two kids and she had a difficult pregnancy. 

Is it me or do the Bates women have an unusually high amount of health issues? Between covid, the lingering side effects from covid, heart issues, clotting disorders, infertility (Michaela), antibody issue (Josie), PCOS (Erin) and all the miscarriages, maybe God is telling these girls they're not meant to be breeding machines? IIRC, wasn't Carlin hospitalized for something a while back as well? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I believe Carlin said she had some form of meningitis, but she was only in the hospital overnight then released.  I was under the impression that meningitis is fairly serious so I'm not sure if she just got tested for it and they kept her in until they got the results.  I really don't think she fully understands what the doctors are telling her half the time.

But yes, those girls all have their fair share of health issues.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She just posted an update in her stories.  She was throwing up, had a terrible headache, and was having trouble talking. They went to the ER and the staff thought she might be having a stroke.  CT scans were normal and the doctors are saying it was possibly food poisoning and severe dehydration.  She has had lots of fluids and is resting.  Michael and Brandon came over to watch the girls when they went to the ER.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 1

Thank goodness for Aunt Michael and Uncle Brandon for being around to step in with everyone's kids and for loving the kids enough that they WANT TO. They came over at 1 am in to stay with Josie's kids - ok someone would do that even if they didn't love kids bc someone else was sick. But Erin also posted a video yesterday thanking them for making Brooklyn's birthday so special. They were at her "party" - which was just the 8 of them. But I having a feeling Michael (and prob Brandon too) did some of the decorating, baking the cake etc. as it completely appears that Erin is not 100% up to it these days; or maybe they let Erin do those things with Brooklyn but watched the other kids for her. While the Josie thing was more of an emergency, the Erin birthday wasn't and they could easily have begged off as there was no real party that everyone was attending; at the end of the day Law and Gil stopped by with presents and M&B could easily have done the same or just given her a gift when they next saw her.

I have a feeling all of them (girls AND guys) feel uncomfortable around M&B to some extent - like pity bc they can't have kids' or M "has to" work bc what else is she going to do with no kids ever; kids are the purpose of life so IDK how to talk to anyone who hasn't experience being a father or mother blah blah. Yeah well your childless sister and BIL who happen to love kids are good backup, aren't they??

9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The only work Michael is doing is for her sewing business. She hasn't worked one day as a LPN. 

So she either hasn’t taken her licensing test yet or she did and didn’t pass?

There is a severe nursing shortage.  If she has her license she would have no problem getting a job yesterday. Unless she only wants to work on her terms, I don’t get it.

I do understand why Josie called her instead of Carlin, who also lives nearby.  Michael seems pretty unflappable and would be much more useful in an emergency situation.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

So she either hasn’t taken her licensing test yet or she did and didn’t pass?

There is a severe nursing shortage.  If she has her license she would have no problem getting a job yesterday. Unless she only wants to work on her terms, I don’t get it.

I do understand why Josie called her instead of Carlin, who also lives nearby.  Michael seems pretty unflappable and would be much more useful in an emergency situation.

I was just reading that Arkansas is offering 25k signing bonuses for nurses. Not sure about Tennessee, but wow, I can't believe Michaela still isn't working. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was just reading that Arkansas is offering 25k signing bonuses for nurses. Not sure about Tennessee, but wow, I can't believe Michaela still isn't working. 

Similarly read that Missouri is hiring nurses at $5000/wk -- obviously thru an agency as temps bc I doubt they are looking to pay $250k/yr for nurses but obviously right now the desperation is there. I can't imagine it's that different in Tenn., also a hard hit state with low vaccination though maybe not as bad as Fla or Arkansas. Even in their video this morning Kelton said the ER was packed at 1 am.

I wonder if Michaela just doesn't want to deal with Covid patients and/or Brandon doesn't want her to? I imagine she probably expected to do something in the maternity/baby areas re nurses, not adults and certainly not adult men. But right now if you get hired as a new nurse, I imagine you are going to the general nursing floors (likely not ICU bc you have zero experience) which is a ton of Covid; like I don't think you get to say I'll take the offer but only if it's OB or pediatrics because that's not where the need is.

Ok so she isn't working, but that doesn't change my point - that her sisters and even brothers in law DO think less of her bc OMG she didn't get the ultimate job of mother so she "has to" do these other things like go to school to occupy her time; she didn't make her husband a father, what a terrible thing blah blah. Yet SHE is the one (and her husband) that they call time and time again when THEY need something including with their kids.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, cereality said:

Ok so she isn't working, but that doesn't change my point - that her sisters and even brothers in law DO think less of her bc OMG she didn't get the ultimate job of mother so she "has to" do these other things like go to school to occupy her time; she didn't make her husband a father, what a terrible thing blah blah.

That kind of attitude is common everywhere, even in NYC. Try working in an office full of women.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

That kind of attitude is common everywhere, even in NYC. Try working in an office full of women.

Clearly we move in different circles because my experience in 10+ years of NYC finance, the pressure was not to have a baby, it was to NOT have a baby/hold off as long as possible, so as not to derail your high flying Wall Street career.

In any event I think what you feel in fundie world in Tenn is much different than secular world NYC or anywhere, where people may poke you a bit about when are you having a kid/aw too bad you don't have one - but your entire self worth is not dependent on producing a baby and they aren't shunning you for being childless. I feel bad for Michael - for having to deal with that - but also given that she and Brandon genuinely seem to love kids. Many of her siblings OTOH who pop out babies left and right, I don't see that same genuine care for children as I see from M&B - I see more of a we need to make more warriors for Jesus or we need a son or whatever.

• Love 6

Since Michael is the oldest daughter, I would think Josie would consider her like a mom and therefore that’s who you call in an emergency. Not Kelly Jo, actual mom who had too many other kids. And not Carlin who is about the same age as Josie. 

• Love 5

I doubt Josie even had to ask Michael to watch her kids. We've seen how she is around babies, she's nuts about them. I think M&B probably take advantage of every opportunity to be around their nieces and nephews, and I admire them for that.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She just posted an update in her stories.  She was throwing up, had a terrible headache, and was having trouble talking. They went to the ER and the staff thought she might be having a stroke.  CT scans were normal and the doctors are saying it was possibly food poisoning and severe dehydration.  She has had lots of fluids and is resting.  Michael and Brandon came over to watch the girls when they went to the ER.

Yeah...that's how I get when I'm dehydrated.  I hope it's just that, and nothing more serious.

• Love 3

Actually her birthday was Wednesday and according to her Instagram stories Kelton took her to stay at a hotel in Knoxville.  They had a fancy dinner at what I assume was a restaurant in the hotel.  Kind of ironic if she did get food poisoning there.

• Useful 4
15 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Since Michael is the oldest daughter, I would think Josie would consider her like a mom and therefore that’s who you call in an emergency. Not Kelly Jo, actual mom who had too many other kids. And not Carlin who is about the same age as Josie. 

I'm sure Josie's also aware that Kelly Jo wouldn't do anything even if she was called. When Alyssa had her surgery her mother didn't show up to help her out or be there for her daughter having heart surgery. Nope, her sisters were there. But Kelly Jo showed up afterwards when there was nothing to do. Then left. I'm sure that's pretty much what Kelly Jo did for Josie. Wait until everything is over and then show up and act concern. She can't be bothered to do any actual help. Kelly is really useless.    

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm sure Josie's also aware that Kelly Jo wouldn't do anything even if she was called. When Alyssa had her surgery her mother didn't show up to help her out or be there for her daughter having heart surgery. Nope, her sisters were there. But Kelly Jo showed up afterwards when there was nothing to do. Then left. I'm sure that's pretty much what Kelly Jo did for Josie. Wait until everything is over and then show up and act concern. She can't be bothered to do any actual help. Kelly is really useless.    

Plus it was probably Kelton who made the call since it sounds like Josie was out of it. And he has no love lost for either Gil or KJ.

Edited by ozziemom
Wrong word used
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Plus it was probably Kelton who made the call since it sounds like Josie was out of it. And he has no love lost for either Gil or KJ.

Do telllll… I’ve not heard this before..

21 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Exactly. I think all the kids think of Michael as mom and by extension Brandon has become dad as he is also steady, calm, and mature like Michael. When Layla had her episode which landed her in Children's Hospital where they found the hole in her heart - IIRC she wasn't breathing well - Carlin called 911 and called MICHAEL to come over before the ambulance even did, not G&K. Now with Josie, Kelton calls Michael & Brandon. With Erin going thru whatever issues she is post Covid, she calls Michael to help do something for Brooklyn's birthday -- and that one isn't even an emergency that requires calmness, that just requires someone who will show up and help out, not someone who'll blow you off once they realize work is involved.

After the Layla thing Carlin said Michael is great in an emergency, she took care of the baby but also kept Carlin and Evan calm.

And yeah G&K were RIDICULOUS during Alyssa's heart surgery. I mean most parents would be beside themselves and want to be no place else if their 25 year old child was having heart surgery -- regardless of whether she had a husband to take care of her or not. Not G&K. As J&A later told it, they showed up the night before, Alyssa was in surgery and then recovery for hours and then by the time she came out of there into a room in the late afternoon - well time for Gil to head to the airport because he had to be back home "for business." Uh the man barely works and whatever grifting he had to do for his church could likely have been held off if he told the person his daughter was in the hospital having heart surgery so he wouldn't be back for a week but whatever. Then John left for an hour to go see the kids who were with his mom, and in that time they try to stand Alyssa up etc. and she does poorly/crashes. Kelly calls John telling him to get back to the hospital ASAP bc Alyssa isn't doing well and oh yeah I need to leave for the airport because my flight is for tonight (just a few hrs after Gil) too. Uh?? Ok thanks for your support.

And then J&A detailed a week or so that followed after where Alyssa could not move because of her incisions - like if she needed to roll over in bed, J had to pick her up and roll her over. Kelly was not about to sign up for that situation bc that would mean she'd have to manage the household which is a lot even with all 3 kids living with the Websters - 3 meals a day brought to Alyssa in her room; clean up after the meal; prepping the next meal; any other cleaning that needed to be done.

Nope she was outta there, the kid with the heart surgery will be fine, she's got a husband after all he took the vows for sickness and health not Kelly, nope G&K will just go home and pray. Oh but before leaving they'll post a few pics of insta evidencing that they were at the hospital and love their kid soooo much. I mean this is how they behave and it's not like Gil has a job, nor does Kelly have anything to do in her own home bc I'm positive that the kitchen as well as Jeb/Jud are now being managed by Addie/Ellie/Callie. But nope can't stay and help, Kelly will only be anywhere where she can be shrieking with excitement and taking pics. No wonder the kids rely on Michael & Brandon.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

Do telllll… I’ve not heard this before..

It's been detailed here a bunch of times but basically Kelton saw Josie someplace (I want to say piano recital or something) and wanted to start hanging out with her then. He is exactly 4 yrs older and was 18 and headed to college at the time, which means Josie was 14. Gil said no. He then came back on the scene when Josie was 16ish and G&K allowed it and obviously it worked out.

Yet he STILL holds a grudge that they said no to a high school grad hanging out with their rising 9th grader (if they did regular school that's what it would have been). The grudge continues to the point where it was mentioned at the rehearsal dinner by both him and by Bobby. In normal world no parent is going to be ok with a college freshmen boy hanging with their 9th grade girl. Let's see how he feels about when Willow and Hazel are 14 - I mean I'm positive he views them as his property, no way he'll allow it either.

• Love 6

Kelly pulled the same stunt during Alyssa's house reno. She waited until the siblings did the grunt work and the Websters did the majority of the babysitting, then she flits into town to help with the finishing touches. 

Josie never seemed especially close to Kelly, so her calling Michaela doesn't come across as weird to me. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Exactly. I think all the kids think of Michael as mom and by extension Brandon has become dad as he is also steady, calm, and mature like Michael. When Layla had her episode which landed her in Children's Hospital where they found the hole in her heart - IIRC she wasn't breathing well - Carlin called 911 and called MICHAEL to come over before the ambulance even did, not G&K. Now with Josie, Kelton calls Michael & Brandon. With Erin going thru whatever issues she is post Covid, she calls Michael to help do something for Brooklyn's birthday -- and that one isn't even an emergency that requires calmness, that just requires someone who will show up and help out, not someone who'll blow you off once they realize work is involved.

After the Layla thing Carlin said Michael is great in an emergency, she took care of the baby but also kept Carlin and Evan calm.

And yeah G&K were RIDICULOUS during Alyssa's heart surgery. I mean most parents would be beside themselves and want to be no place else if their 25 year old child was having heart surgery -- regardless of whether she had a husband to take care of her or not. Not G&K. As J&A later told it, they showed up the night before, Alyssa was in surgery and then recovery for hours and then by the time she came out of there into a room in the late afternoon - well time for Gil to head to the airport because he had to be back home "for business." Uh the man barely works and whatever grifting he had to do for his church could likely have been held off if he told the person his daughter was in the hospital having heart surgery so he wouldn't be back for a week but whatever. Then John left for an hour to go see the kids who were with his mom, and in that time they try to stand Alyssa up etc. and she does poorly/crashes. Kelly calls John telling him to get back to the hospital ASAP bc Alyssa isn't doing well and oh yeah I need to leave for the airport because my flight is for tonight (just a few hrs after Gil) too. Uh?? Ok thanks for your support.

And then J&A detailed a week or so that followed after where Alyssa could not move because of her incisions - like if she needed to roll over in bed, J had to pick her up and roll her over. Kelly was not about to sign up for that situation bc that would mean she'd have to manage the household which is a lot even with all 3 kids living with the Websters - 3 meals a day brought to Alyssa in her room; clean up after the meal; prepping the next meal; any other cleaning that needed to be done.

Nope she was outta there, the kid with the heart surgery will be fine, she's got a husband after all he took the vows for sickness and health not Kelly, nope G&K will just go home and pray. Oh but before leaving they'll post a few pics of insta evidencing that they were at the hospital and love their kid soooo much. I mean this is how they behave and it's not like Gil has a job, nor does Kelly have anything to do in her own home bc I'm positive that the kitchen as well as Jeb/Jud are now being managed by Addie/Ellie/Callie. But nope can't stay and help, Kelly will only be anywhere where she can be shrieking with excitement and taking pics. No wonder the kids rely on Michael & Brandon.

That is just heartbreaking! Shame on Kelly and Gil. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Actually her birthday was Wednesday and according to her Instagram stories Kelton took her to stay at a hotel in Knoxville.  They had a fancy dinner at what I assume was a restaurant in the hotel.  Kind of ironic if she did get food poisoning there.

Maybe she just had a hangover.

• LOL 10

I'm a but curious...when you get food poisoning, you're not 'out of it', right? Maybe you feel like crap, have diarrhea and vomit but are still coherent. It sounds like Josie almost not conscious to me. What really went down? Yes, perhaps she had a hangover from her celebration?

• Love 3

I have never had food poisoning but my brother did and he was very ill but still coherent.  I think the severe dehydration might have been the cause of her incoherence. If she was sick and couldn’t keep anything down she could have gotten dehydrated very quickly.  Especially since she is nursing and she needs even more fluids than usual. The footage of some of the athletes in Tokyo in wheelchairs after their events in excessive heat showed they had similar symptoms.

Sure, she could have been hung over, but somehow I doubt it. None of them seem to have any inclination to even try alcohol, and  honestly you don’t miss what you never had. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm a but curious...when you get food poisoning, you're not 'out of it', right? Maybe you feel like crap, have diarrhea and vomit but are still coherent. It sounds like Josie almost not conscious to me. What really went down? Yes, perhaps she had a hangover from her celebration?

If you do not drink anything and cannot hold down food you will get dehydrated but also have low blood sugar. That will account for being incoherent. It happens especially in people with low body fat. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

She is 22 years old, married 2/12 years and already has 2 babies. Maybe they need to rethink having a kid every year. Give Josie some time to catch her breath and live a little. You would think that as much as Kelton seems to adore Josie he would be concerned enough to put her first and not this incessant need to reproduce. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

You would think that as much as Kelton seems to adore Josie he would be concerned enough to put her first and not this incessant need to reproduce. 

But he hasn't sired a child with a penis, so he will keep putting her health at risk until he does.

She really seems to enjoy her work.  She was in Chattanooga yesterday doing a photo shoot for their new fall line.  No evidence of Willow or Hazel- I guess Katie or Michael was babysitting. 
She is trying to do it all but imagine if they had waited a few years to start churning out babies.  Married at 19- she had all the time in the world.  Her partner has been married for around two years and is still childless.  
Not that she doesn’t love her girls but I bet she would have enjoyed them more if she had waited 5 years or so.

It’s just so sad because she seems to have the drive and work ethic that her sisters ( and brothers) lack but she still was pressured to reproduce ASAP.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She really seems to enjoy her work.  She was in Chattanooga yesterday doing a photo shoot for their new fall line.  No evidence of Willow or Hazel- I guess Katie or Michael was babysitting. 
She is trying to do it all but imagine if they had waited a few years to start churning out babies.  Married at 19- she had all the time in the world.  Her partner has been married for around two years and is still childless.  
Not that she doesn’t love her girls but I bet she would have enjoyed them more if she had waited 5 years or so.

It’s just so sad because she seems to have the drive and work ethic that her sisters ( and brothers) lack but she still was pressured to reproduce ASAP.

I mean she knew she knew exactly what was going to happen - marrying a fundie guy who also doesn't believe in birth control. You're a young healthy 19 year old using no protection, of course you'll have a honeymoon baby. The way to prevent that - don't marry at 19. But then there are Lord Kelton's feelings to consider on the matter. He'd been pursuing her since she was 14. She already made him wait 5 whole years to the ripe old age of 23. If she had indicated at 16 when he came back around or at 18 that she wasn't going to be ready to marry at 19 and instead was going to go to "college" like he did/her siblings did without a spouse and/or was going to go to work/start a business for a few years, well Kelton could have just prayed on it and moved on. And then where would she be?? All of these middle girls lived in fear of being Michael who didn't marry until the ripe old age of 25 with lots of angst for the years leading up because what if she couldn't get Brandon interested, she wasn't getting any younger, who'd marry her blah blah.

So all these girls decided - with Kelly loudly in their ears I'm sure - to lock it down ASAP. Dreams -- oh please what are those? You can fulfill those later with your husband or maybe you won't fulfill your dream of having a barrette co. but it's fine because every woman's REAL dream = wife and mother and by locking it down when the guy wants to, at least that one happens.

She could have not married at 19 and worked in cosmetology a few years AND started her business. Meaning G&K aren't that strict with their kids - even the girls; it's not a Duggar situation where they practically aren't allowed to leave the house even at 30 if they're unmarried. But ultimately she and her sisters don't have the confidence to do that because the fear of being left without a husband or babies is just too great.

• Love 9

Agree with all the above, and yeah, I don't see Josie's business lasting much longer. We all know she'll be pregnant with #3 by the time Hazel turns 1, and there's a dwindling supply of babysitters. Katie's about to move to New Jersey and it seems like Addalee has been assigned to daycare at the boutique. Michael will presumably work at some point, and nobody on Kelton's side is going to be able to watch the kids for hours on end. 

I guess Josie could bring the girls with her to the shop, but that will wear thin pretty quickly. My husband was on a zoom call where someone's toddler was interrupting every two seconds and he said everyone was getting visibly annoyed. 

She could probably go Alyssa's route and do the hot-mom Influencer gig, along with the barrettes, but I think the wedding business will go by the wayside. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Agree with all the above, and yeah, I don't see Josie's business lasting much longer. We all know she'll be pregnant with #3 by the time Hazel turns 1, and there's a dwindling supply of babysitters. Katie's about to move to New Jersey and it seems like Addalee has been assigned to daycare at the boutique. Michael will presumably work at some point, and nobody on Kelton's side is going to be able to watch the kids for hours on end. 

I guess Josie could bring the girls with her to the shop, but that will wear thin pretty quickly. My husband was on a zoom call where someone's toddler was interrupting every two seconds and he said everyone was getting visibly annoyed. 

She could probably go Alyssa's route and do the hot-mom Influencer gig, along with the barrettes, but I think the wedding business will go by the wayside. 

These businesses do fine when they're at 1 kid, they just bring the kid everywhere -- i.e. Layla. Once they get to kid #2 onward, that's when they fold or have to find some kind of childcare. I was wondering what Whit was doing with her 4 kids bc you don't see them at the store unlike Layla who is there DAILY. Wouldn't be surprised if Addie/Ellie/Callie babysit at Z&W's home. When Carlin has #2, if Whit and Carlin want to keep the business going (which right now it looks like it), I could see them hiring an employee/sweet friend from church to watch the kids, not do actual store work.

I don't have the impression Michael babysits. It seems like she'd more help out in a pinch - like Josie recently - not like she is watching these kids 5 days/wk regularly. I have to imagine she's drawn that boundary - or maybe it was naturally drawn by school and hasn't shifted back yet.

Josie OTOH bc she wants to have a business separate from her sisters will have to figure something out. Personally I think her business folds/becomes an at home business again once Katie moves to NJ or certainly by the time she has #3, which should be by next June-July; she had Hazel in June, recovers for 3 mos, they start trying this fall and summer baby 2022. Plus she's given birth like every summer since marriage (or miscarried). 

I don't think selling hair clips is her dream but as with all these girls, they have no idea what a dream even is. Dreams take time for 90% of people. For every 1 kid who as a 4 year old says I'm gonna be a dr. and then ends up a dr., there are 9 others who figure out what they want by taking that 1 class in college or having that one internship or boss that gives them a glimpse into the future. These people - if you're a girl you're TOLD your dream is wife and mommy. You can't think of anything else - having had no exposure to regular people or an education - so you go with it bc the time comes when you're 19 or 22, there's nothing else you're dying to do that you could actually do given your dining room education, so you say hey jump on the wife/mom thing at least that's SOMETHING I can accomplish - don't let that slip away.

It's no surprise that Erin, Whit, Carlin, and Josie all gravitated towards businesses in hair and clothing bc what else do they know? So it's not that I think Josie's DREAM is barrettes, but it's something that is hers that she clearly likes and wants to put work into, yet producing a child yearly will likely put an end to that.

Speaking of which Alyssa did a Insta Q&A with her kids and someone asked what they wanted to be. IDK what Allie said  either didn't respond or said something imaginary - but the 2nd kid goes - dentist, to which Alyssa is like OMG that's so cool. Yeah I'm kinda sad for that child. Ditzy mom is homeschooling -- i.e. throwing headphones on and handing them an ipad. 12 yrs of that is unlikely to prep you to study biology at U Florida and do well enough to get into dental schools, which nationwide have a 5% acceptance rate. Not that J&A will encourage that anyway. I mean 26 and STILL in school are you kidding, gotta rush her down the aisle at 18 and babies at 19, so Alyssa can be a 39 yr old grandma.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5

I don't agree that Gil and Kelly aren't that strict. Gil and Kelly give the illusion the kids have choices, but they manipulate and control their kids. None of the girls have moved out without being married so that's probably not allowed for girls. Josie wanted out of the house and her parents told her she had to get married before she moved out. She probably could have moved out, but was too scared to go against her culture and defy her parents. I knew people who did the same thing to their kids, and the girls got married young. Fundie parenting is all about control.

• Love 6

Josie just posted a little video that shows her and Kelton and the girls walking in a field and releasing a bunch of white balloons in memory of the baby she lost a year ago today.  I’m not sure how I feel about it.  
On the one hand I wouldn’t want to minimize the loss of a baby, however early in the pregnancy. On the other hand she immediately got pregnant with Hazel, who would not exist if she had carried the other baby to term.

The whole thing made me uncomfortable, like I was intruding on a private moment.  Obviously she chose to post it, but it just felt off.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie just posted a little video that shows her and Kelton and the girls walking in a field and releasing a bunch of white balloons in memory of the baby she lost a year ago today.  I’m not sure how I feel about it.  
On the one hand I wouldn’t want to minimize the loss of a baby, however early in the pregnancy. On the other hand she immediately got pregnant with Hazel, who would not exist if she had carried the other baby to term.

The whole thing made me uncomfortable, like I was intruding on a private moment.  Obviously she chose to post it, but it just felt off.

I think it is fine...my mother who is 80 lost a baby between my two younger sisters...and she still talks about it and remembers...I think losing a baby never leaves a women..I think stages of grief may be different with an early miscarriage late miscarriage and still birth...I dont know, Ive never lost a child...I do compare it to Lauren married to one of the digger boys...and I did think she had some issues...but this seems healthy...but as for my mom she still talks about the boy she lost, she periodically visits his gravestone...I think he would be around 52 if he had survived...

• Love 3

I'm not a fan at all of memorials for miscarriages especially those involving the would have been siblings.  Young children don't need to be burdened with that I don't think.  We lost a twin and were advised to grieve privately and never involve the surviving twin or the siblings.  It seems to have been the correct decision for us at least.  We celebrate the living children and not the potential children we lost.  But then the fundies won't seek grief counseling either.  

• Love 8

I mean Josie can get over the miscarriage or not, that's her call. But it's soooo emotional for them that they must mark the day and in order to do so must bring a photographer/3rd person so you can have proof that it's soooo emotional for them!? Give me a break. The first shot is of Kelton's ass as he walked ahead carrying the balloons so I figured, J was filming. And then shots of the family of 4 releasing the balloons, privately praying, and lovingly staring at the sky presumably thinking about the baby. Give me a break -- you're sooooo sad that you have the presence of mind to be in coordinated outfits and bring a photographer??

These girls - esp Josie, Alyssa, and Carlin - have let their D list "fame" go to their heads. They are convinced their public loves them SOOOO much and just NEEDS to know what they're doing/how they're feeling at all times, when the reality is people will forget you 15 min after your show ends and they start watching some other showing and following those ppl on IG and YouTube. I mean Alyssa posted a video the other day explaining how she's stretched so think she's going to take one day a week - Sunday - just for her family so that's why she won't be on IG. I mean is anyone soooo desperately waiting for Alyssa to update that if she doesn't for an entire 24 hrs they'll freak out?? I mean it's Alyssa going on about how cute her kids are or feeding them crackers or cleaning the house or getting her 80th coffee of the week, it's not like we're waiting on a Pentagon press briefing here!?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, cereality said:

I mean Josie can get over the miscarriage or not, that's her call. But it's soooo emotional for them that they must mark the day and in order to do so must bring a photographer/3rd person so you can have proof that it's soooo emotional for them!? Give me a break. The first shot is of Kelton's ass as he walked ahead carrying the balloons so I figured, J was filming. And then shots of the family of 4 releasing the balloons, privately praying, and lovingly staring at the sky presumably thinking about the baby. Give me a break -- you're sooooo sad that you have the presence of mind to be in coordinated outfits and bring a photographer??

These girls - esp Josie, Alyssa, and Carlin - have let their D list "fame" go to their heads. They are convinced their public loves them SOOOO much and just NEEDS to know what they're doing/how they're feeling at all times, when the reality is people will forget you 15 min after your show ends and they start watching some other showing and following those ppl on IG and YouTube. I mean Alyssa posted a video the other day explaining how she's stretched so think she's going to take one day a week - Sunday - just for her family so that's why she won't be on IG. I mean is anyone soooo desperately waiting for Alyssa to update that if she doesn't for an entire 24 hrs they'll freak out?? I mean it's Alyssa going on about how cute her kids are or feeding them crackers or cleaning the house or getting her 80th coffee of the week, it's not like we're waiting on a Pentagon press briefing here!?

Plus she’s going to post her Sunday pictures on Monday so we really won’t miss seeing their cutesy matching outfits.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Plus she’s going to post her Sunday pictures on Monday so we really won’t miss seeing their cutesy matching outfits.

🙄

Alyssa declared that she's taking Sundays off social media, but she'll still post M-Sat. I doubt her sisters will follow suit. Carlin, especially, loves to post church pics.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1