Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

Carlin's Instagram Stories from this morning included a shot of Grandma Jane that gave off a distinct "get off my lawn" vibe.  I have a feeling she does not enjoy it when the entire clan descends on her.  Best that some of them are staying put.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin's Instagram Stories from this morning included a shot of Grandma Jane that gave off a distinct "get off my lawn" vibe.  I have a feeling she does not enjoy it when the entire clan descends on her.  Best that some of them are staying put.

Yeah long ago they showed Mama Jane lamenting about how destructive all the Bates kids were when they visited and she couldn’t wait til they left. I think Gil’s siblings have much smaller families so it probably feels like an invasion when G&K show up with everyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

OMG I saw a pic from Mama Jane's kitchen this afternoon. It looked like a tornado hit and she did NOT look happy - much like the morning video with the orange cinnamon rolls.

Looks like it's 20 ppl visiting now - G&K + all the kids that live at home + plus all the current fiances/girlfriends + Evan/Carlin/Layla. And it'll soon be 22 bc Alyssa said in a video earlier that she and Maci are going but leaving the other 3 girls with John. So yeah while this is a "smaller" visit than it used to be, 22 people in the house certainly isn't like having 2 houseguests.

If Mama Jane gets overwhelmed - which she clearly SAYS - why do these idiots all go as a group? Can't G&K just go visit his parents? Or if they want the younger kids to know their grandparents - just take G&K, Jed, Jeb, Addie, Ellie, and Callie!? And tell everyone else look you need to go just with your family or maybe as 2 couples max bc I don't want Grandma Jane to have more than 5 houseguests!? I know they'll say oh they want everyone there, look the boys did construction on a barn for Papa Bill etc. but certainly if Papa Bill needs that, Trace/Jackson/Warden/Isiah aren't babies and could make a separate trip out there to do work on the farm!?

And while this is a big trip, the only LITTLE kids on the trip now are Jeb, Jud who are not babies + Layla. Why does Mama Jane's kitchen look a tornado hit? It looked like Nathan and his gf showed up late and were eating lunch around 5 pm. Fine she's not going to deny her grandson lunch. But Kelly, Katie etc. were just sitting around holding court lecturing about wedding planning and rehearsal dinners. I'm sorry but if the rest of you have eaten there is NO reason every inch of the kitchen island is covered with paper plates, plastic cups, dishes pulled from the fridge, potato chip bags etc. PUT STUFF AWAY. Someone walk around with a big trash bag after every meal and pick up every cup and plate that isn't being used and walk that bag out to the trash. IDK how old Gil's parents are - Gil is 56, so if they had him at 20 they are no less than 76. You really expect a 76 yr old woman to pick up after you bc you're too lazy to cover dishes and put them in the fridge or walk items to the trash!?

I haven't seen the social media, but that's insane. My husband has a large family, so our gatherings are big and every kid knows to toss his paper plate and cup in the trash. All the Bateseses are plenty old enough to clean up after themselves.

• Love 6

Was this part of the show? Could be that the grandparents get a little cut of the action for tolerating the chaos and/or they know they need to show  up so G & K can get their producer driven reality show income. Otherwise yes, just say no. 

• Love 4
(edited)

IDK if the cameras are following the Bates right now. We’ve seen some trips to the farm but not all so I don’t think G&Ks parents are on enough to be getting any kind of cut. But it could be something to show on a future episode - though you can still do that if you just take G&K and say the 5 younger kids. We only know about this trip bc of social media not UPTv.

Gil’s dad’s birthday is July 4 so it’s a tradition to gather at the farm to celebrate. While I’m sure Mama Jane loves her son and grandkids and doesn’t want to say don’t come - she has said clear as day that it’s overwhelming to her when the entire family comes. This was on an episode several years ago. She hasn’t gotten younger since then and the family has only grown. Yet they don’t care - they just want their free summer long weekend running carefree on the farm like they did when they were 10. Except when Law was 10, Mama Jane was prob like 58 and more capable of making meals and cleaning up after 20+ houseguests.

This is on G&K to tell their kids - we’re going to visit them in groups of 5-7 max and we will not act like wild animals while we’re there. I mean there was footage from a prior visit where Katie, Josie, Carlin - as grown adults - piled into Jane’s hammock even after she said not to bc it’d break - broke it and then laughed about how Mama Jane is so uptight. Then there was Carlin standing on her dining or picnic table where food was about to be served momentarily and when Mama Jane said something she laughed at her and said I just put on new shoes - which she hadn’t as she was shown walking all over the farm in the shoes. G&K did a fine job with the respect for elders thing.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9

With all of the ski trips and destination proposals this family pays for why can't the whole family stay and EAT at a nearby hotel? They can day-visit with the grandparents and BRING a snack to have with coffee, etc.? They are inconsiderate of Gil's parents. The grandparents need to speak up.

• Love 6

I have a feeling a lot of this is producer driven. They are probably telling Janie to look put out and grumpy. This is her part to play. Gil's parents are not helpless hostages in their home. If they were so upset by all of this company I am sure they would speak to Gil and ask him and Kelly come with just a few of the kids at a time. Gil's dad seems to enjoy when the kids visit.  Usually reality shows compenstate people for using their home to film a show. It wouldn't surprise me if things are cleaned up and put back in place before the Bates crew leaves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It can be a confusing time. One moment you’re overwhelmed with love for a little person, and the next you can’t breathe. At least she’s admitting it and bringing her feelings into the light.

• Love 4

The cynical part of me is expecting an upcoming product pitch. I've seen so many influencers post about x/y/z issue only to find the magic solution (with 20% discount code) two weeks later. It's straight out of the playbook. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The cynical part of me is expecting an upcoming product pitch. I've seen so many influencers post about x/y/z issue only to find the magic solution (with 20% discount code) two weeks later. It's straight out of the playbook. 

Well she didn’t even wait that long to push some kind of supplement. It was on her stories, so I can’t find it now.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Well she didn’t even wait that long to push some kind of supplement. It was on her stories, so I can’t find it now.

She pushed a subscription box the other day. Not FabFitFun, but something similar.

• Useful 2
22 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I just saw it. One of them is a postnatal mood enhancer that's helped her sooooo much. Shocking, right? Like I said, straight out of the playbook. 🙄

• Love 3

What exactly does Josie sell? Last I noticed it was like barrettes/hair clips. Yet she posted an IG yesterday about how she and Kelton were so exhausted bc they were moving all her inventory to a warehouse. And today she's posting from said warehouse and calls it a "studio space" -- really it looks like an office suite that you'd have if you were say a solo dr or lawyer, like she'll use some areas for storage and probably some areas for picture taking. So she has to be selling more than barrettes, right? Does she have partners in this business -- bc there's always a few women hanging out with her though know idea who they are/how they're involved.

• Useful 1

She has a partner named Grace.  She was shown holding the baby in her stories yesterday.  I know they also do weddings and events- maybe there will be a section of the facility where they can do consultations- hence the "studio"? I'm guessing business is good and there is too much stock to store at her house, or they want that room for something else- maybe a bedroom for Hazel?

• Useful 2

I know it’s standard fundie speak but Kelton’s birthday wish for Willow includes praying for her and her future spouse; for her and her spouse to prep for marriage until they meet; and for her to stay pure until marriage.

She’s 2. Gross. And does daddy need to think about or mention a toddler’s virginity at all??

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cereality said:

I know it’s standard fundie speak but Kelton’s birthday wish for Willow includes praying for her and her future spouse; for her and her spouse to prep for marriage until they meet; and for her to stay pure until marriage.

She’s 2. Gross. And does daddy need to think about or mention a toddler’s virginity at all??

Omg, that is beyond disgusting. 

• Love 11

I’m kinda surprised that he didn’t go for the 4th goal (prep for marriage; find spouse; virginity) AND Willow’s going to be SUCH a good mother herself, you know after puberty when that becomes possible. Me thinks Willow isn’t the helpful sort of toddler running to get diapers etc for Hazel or calling mama every time H cries. Kelton must be getting concerned . . . .

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zenme said:

WHO thinks like that? And I was thinking Kelton and Josie were somewhat normal. 

Yeah the Bates girls are pretty packages but still the same vile beliefs.

• Love 10

And this is the same guy who wasted no time grabbing his wife's ass in their wedding photos.  Kind of a mixed message.

I do get a very controlling vibe from him.  I hope he isn't mean to Josie or the girls.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I do get a very controlling vibe from him.  I hope he isn't mean to Josie or the girls.

I do too. I don't think he's physically abusive or anything like that, but just very...obsessed when it comes to Josie. I've also noticed they don't seem to socialize much with the Bateses anymore. Holidays and special occasions are always with Kelton's family. Most couples alternate.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

And this is the same guy who wasted no time grabbing his wife's ass in their wedding photos.  Kind of a mixed message.

And this is the same guy who was annoyed at Josie's parents because they wanted Josie to wait before getting more serious with him. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

And this is the same guy who was annoyed at Josie's parents because they wanted Josie to wait before getting more serious with him. 

Can't really fault G&K for that. She was 14 or 15. 

• Love 5

That praying for a spouse for a tiny child is I think common among the fundies. One of the hosts on a shopping channel said when her son was getting married she and her husband had been praying for a "godly" wife for her son since the day he was born. Who the heck even thinks about about a spouse for their infant child?  That would have been the last thing that I prayed for when my children were little. I was praying that they would sleep longer than 30 minutes at a time.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

There were wedding pics with him grabbing Josie's ass?? Damn that's brazen. Are those pics still available some place to be seen now? But he does strike me as controlling + he hates G&K. Gil put the brakes on him "getting to know" Josie when Kelton was 17-18ish heading off to college, which would've made Josie 13-14ish. I am no fan of Gil but come on even in regular world, NO parent is ok with a high school senior hanging out with their 8th or 9th grader!? Everyone assumes the senior is up to something/something ain't right.

But Kelton will hold that grudge against Gil for life, so I could see him grabbing her ass at the wedding as a way to be like -- haha I "took her" from you, she "belongs" to me now and nothing you can do about it, I can grab anything I want. He's gross. So of course now with daughters, he OWNS everything about them including their virginity until the day some guy puts a ring on it.

Kelton (and Josie) are just as vile as any fundies even if they try to give off the - young successful business owning couple vibe. Just today she posted an IG about how they dumped the kids on Kelton's fam and were headed to a coffee date and to work from a coffee shop for a few hours because Kelton was going to help her create a financial model for her business. Josie gushes that the idea may be hers but "Kelton is the brains of the business" as he grins in agreement. Yo asshole you could at least say -- no I'm not babe blah blah -- even if you don't mean it because in your mind your dick makes your smarter than ANY WOMAN.

There's something about him I am growing to really dislike. He has no redeeming qualities -- he's not cute like Bobby or Brandon (at least I think they're cute YMMV); he's actually kinda ugly and his personality doesn't help; he's not witty or funny at all like John; and clearly he isn't nice. Like John even though we know he's married to a woman who is an airhead, if Alyssa compliments him while putting herself down, he ALWAYS says - no that isn't true; what are you even talking about; I could never do what you do etc. - bc that's how nice guys behave with the women they supposedly love!?

• Love 12
On 7/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, IndianPaintbrush said:

Imagine if Willow was a boy. You know Kelton would not be talking about his virginity at age TWO.

If it were a son, you know he'd be hoping the son would get some ASAP when he turned 18. BUT he wouldn't say that as his wish for a son because he'd have so many other wishes for him before marriage AND bc a son's worth is NOT determined by whether he can find someone to put a ring on the second he's legal. I mean look at Nathan and Lawson -- 27-29ish years old, unmarried and they are reasonably respected, get to live their lives, and get to do whatever fun stuff they want whether it's flying or music or whatever. Yet say Addie or Ellie didn't get married -- they wouldn't be doing anything except G&K's cooking and cleaning and raising the kids of whichever local daughter has way more kids than she could handle AND they'd be disrespected as the daughter that no want wanted and pity them they don't even have babies, they haven't fulfilled the reason that God puts all women on earth - wife + mother; it'd be the Jana Duggar situation.

For a son Kelton's dreams would be -- oh I hope he goes to the same college as me; I hope he's a star athlete; I hope he joins my business and we can work side by side; I hope he takes over my business one day blah blah. And even if he didn't do those things and went another way, Kelton would be soooo proud that his son is a fundie pilot or small business owner of his own or whatever.

I hope these assholes have a few daughters each who break away. He likely will send his daughters to Christian college like the one he went to (bc his sister got to go there too all the way in Fla away from her daddy). Here's hoping they're scrappy. Either pursue a real education at those colleges if possible and if not be working and paying for your own classes at a real university even though daddy thinks you're fully enrolled at PCC, work your way thru that bio major or finance major or whatever, and then tell daddy -- sorry I'm headed to medical or law school; you're not paying for it so you can't stop me; maybe I'll marry, maybe I won't, we'll see but right now I'm doing busy in residency and fellowship to be a cardiologist or working 80 hrs/wk making more money than you and mom have ever seen in your life at my fancy Chicago law firm . . . . Assholes like him deserve to sit there lamenting what they did wrong to have such a daughter and praying about it 24/7.

• Love 6

Part of me wonders if some of Kelton's behavior is due to being raised by a single dad with a pack of brothers - he only has one sister close in age to him and the other was a newborn when his mom passed. Michael Balka was left with 5 (I think) kids and probably terrified as raising them alone. He's super religious per Kelton so he likely decided -- all I have to do is give these kids a 100% knowledge of the Bible + feed/clothe/shelter them and they'll be fine. So you know with the boys it was non stop -- no sex until marriage; marriage is beautiful you're the headship; prepare to marry by having a career; and with the daughter -- purity; marriage is beautiful, you'll have a man to lead you thru life. Yet Kelton as a teen never saw the day to day of how a man is supposed to treat a wife etc., and he was just running with his pack of brothers. He just ran with the literal Biblical interpretation bc it suits him - he got to take Josie from Gil; he gets sex; he runs the show in that home.

Brandon, Bobby, and John OTOH all have a bunch of sisters; Bobby IIRC only has sisters and John has said that his brothers are older and he was in a pack of girls so he spent his childhood playing whatever his sisters wanted to play etc. So I have a feeling while those 3 got the same Bible lessons as Kelton, day to day they also got a lot of  -- don't be mean to your sister; no you can't push your sister; you hurt her feelings, apologize etc. So they inherently learned how to treat women in a way Kelton didn't.

In no way do I blame Michael Balka here; he did the best he could. Kelton is a grown man, If he wasn't ready to marry and/or didn't understand how to treat women, he could have dated around a bit, waited to marry etc. But nope this type of domineering relationship with someone 4 yrs younger suits his tendencies so here we are . . . .

• Love 6

Hadn’t seen that pic before. WTF that is brazen even at a normal wedding. It’s one thing to grab your new spouse’s ass on the dance floor in a heat of the moment thing or to pose for a pic like that w just the couple and the photographer (which is what I assumed Kelton did), but damn this is a bit much. To pose for a pic like that w all the family and wedding party looking on. That does come across like an eff you, you can’t stop me now G&K.

And let’s be honest a fundie afternoon wedding, no alcohol, and you’ve barely ever touched a girl before — this is no heat of the moment/passion thing, this is a messaging thing to make sure everyone knows who is boss. How is Josie not flinching — she likely had never had any guy touch anything but her hand and this dude grabs her ass in public/in front of her fam?!

• Love 6

I've seen that picture before. I would have been horrified if my spouse had done that to me on our wedding day! In front of everyone no less! Kelton hives me the creeps and I find his voice annoying. Lol. Does anyone know what Kelton's dad does for a living? He never remarried? Does their religion allow it? 

• Love 4

No doubt his mother's death has a a profound effect on Kelton, but if I am not mistaken he was in his teens when she died so he should have memories of his parents' interactions as a married couple.  He does seem quite serious and focused for his age- maybe he is still painfully aware of just how quickly things can change. And sometimes when bad things happen people fall even deeper into their faith.  

Still, there is something off-putting about him. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

He is not the best looking of the sons-in-law.  He appears to have a bit of a receding hairline a la Joe Duggar and the fade haircut he favors just accentuates it.  I really dislike that haircut with the pouffy top and the shaved sides- the pretty Bates boys and Evan all seem to love it though.

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I've seen that picture before. I would have been horrified if my spouse had done that to me on our wedding day! In front of everyone no less! Kelton hives me the creeps and I find his voice annoying. Lol. Does anyone know what Kelton's dad does for a living? He never remarried? Does their religion allow it? 

His dad is an IT consultant; I thought he owned his own company but per Linkedin it looks like he works for an IT consulting firm - though it's possible he sold his co. to a bigger co. and became an employee. He does seem to live well - he's often shows driving up in his Mercedes; seems to dress like someone who has worked in a business space.

Interesting that he went to a real university (Baylor) and got a real degree in business administration and developed a corporate career, yet he sent all his kids to a fake Christian college (PCC) and is raising his sons to be plumbers - as there's another son after Kelton who is a licensed plumber. I do wonder if it was about diving deeply into religion after his wife passed and raising his kids that way, so it was all about Bible all the time, sending the kids to PCC where his wife went etc., deciding that was better for them than secular life/regular college/regular corporate jobs etc.

He never remarried and in fact still wears his wedding ring. I can't imagine remarriage isn't allowed -- I mean I'm sure a father isn't expected to raise his kids. Who knows maybe he is still deeply in love with his wife and can't imagine being with anyone else; maybe he just decided he'll throw himself into raising his kids and not worry about remarrying; I imagine his youngest daughter is probably ~13ish -- as his wife died after childbirth when Kelton was 13 or so and K is now 26. He unlike Kelton comes off like a nice guy from what little we've seen.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Josie and Kelton did a Q and A on her Instagram stories last night.  They did say that the doctors told them that the issues she had with Hazel would most likely get worse with each successive pregnancy and that it would probably cause them to have a smaller family than originally planned.  But they were definitely talking like they would have a third eventually.  🙄

Kelton said he was thrilled with his girls but would like a son someday.

8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

🙄

Why am I not surprised? These husbands are something else. It's like Chad saying Carson needed a brother after Erin's umpteenth high-risk pregnancy turned out to be another girl. Clearly Kelton isn't thrilled with his daughters if he feels the family isn't complete without a son, especially knowing future pregnancies will be filled with stress and complications. The only one who I genuinely think doesn't give a shit is John. 

• Love 9

I think John would be quite happy to stop where they are.  

Having had what Josie has the doctors say it will likely get worse with each pregnancy, but it didn't for us.  I don't know if our subsequent pregnancies were flukes or the babies were just more resilient or what.  I do know that they were each over a pound heavier than the one that had the problem the worst.  

• Useful 5
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie and Kelton did a Q and A on her Instagram stories last night.  They did say that the doctors told them that the issues she had with Hazel would most likely get worse with each successive pregnancy and that it would probably cause them to have a smaller family than originally planned.  But they were definitely talking like they would have a third eventually.  🙄

Kelton also said their family would be smaller than they had hoped for. I wonder how many kids he expected to have?

• Love 2

He's one of 5 kids so his thought on having 5 may not be random.

Yeah he def wants a son, as does Chad (brother for Carson) and Evan (sports legacy). He seems like the kind of macho dick that'll never be happy without a son. They are definitely having a 3rd either way as Kelton kept saying -- WHEN she is pregnant next time, we'll see how it goes and then we'll decide based on that pregnancy. Given how Kelton is, I'm assuming that if Josie's symptoms are at all tolerable, Kelton will expect her to soldier thru kids 3-5. 

I think the only son in law that doesn't care if it's just daughters is John and I really think it's because he just doesn't want (or didn't want) that many kids. I'm not saying he doesn't love his kids, but I just think he's not enamored with kids generally and the disruption they've caused in his house/finances/sex life/time with his wife and he wouldn't be any more enamored just bc they were boys rather than girls.

• Love 6
On 7/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Absolom said:

I think John would be quite happy to stop where they are.  

Having had what Josie has the doctors say it will likely get worse with each pregnancy, but it didn't for us.  I don't know if our subsequent pregnancies were flukes or the babies were just more resilient or what.  I do know that they were each over a pound heavier than the one that had the problem the worst.  

For sure! I think Jon would have been quite happy two babies ago. 

• Love 6