Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Unless she is getting paid big bucks to do this I can't fathom why she would leave home at 4 am and travel to CT with 2 toddlers by herself.  That girl could go to a local stylist for hair and makeup for an engagement picture. Or she could have traveled to TN to see Josie.  

Didn't someone named Claire already marry a Duggar?  

Yup, Justin is married to a Claire.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wonder why she flew into NYC when there is a major airport almost smack dab in the middle of the state of CT, which is pretty much less than an hour to anywhere in the state.

I must say that for a sheltered fundie with a seemingly controlling headship, I’m impressed by Josie traveling alone with two toddlers, flying into such a huge airport, renting a vehicle, and driving out of NY. Can you imagine Carlin in the same situation? 

How old is Josie? You have to be 25 to rent a car. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, SMama said:

I must say that for a sheltered fundie with a seemingly controlling headship, I’m impressed by Josie traveling alone with two toddlers, flying into such a huge airport, renting a vehicle, and driving out of NY. Can you imagine Carlin in the same situation? 

I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car too, but was recently told by a 21-year old that he was able to rent one with an additional fee. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

You can rent a car if you are under 25 but you have to pay a young driver fee of $ 65 per day. 

ETA: I guess @AstridM and I posted at the same time. 😉

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

She's 22-23. Wouldn't be shocked if she uber-ed to CT. Having lived in NYC, driving out of LGA on those highways in Queens all the way to CT is no joke. Yeah she's more capable than her sisters, but I don't think she's THAT worldly either. She probably took Uber or someone picked her up. Yesterday she had a video of driving out of LGA - she took it down though.

I have to imagine she flew to LGA rather than Bradley bc going from a small airport in Knox to small Bradley airport has got to be exorbitant prices.

In a different family and in a different marriage Josie - and likely Alyssa - would have been different people. They seem like the type who'd go to a 4 yr college, live in dorms and be independent, have a real corporate career, maybe a grad degree, take the type of job where they were running business meetings on something other than hair and nails. And putting off child bearing until their 30s and then having 2 kids max. Both of them do NOT seem like they love kids and mommy life that much. Alyssa really acts like she doesn't even love her existing kids except the one with the penis. Josie does seem like she loves her kids but also seems like she'd be 100% happy without kids; she runs herself ragged trying to have some life apart from her kids within the confines of what her headship allows.

I think Josie also understands that if she were to make a HUGE deal about OMG it's soooo hard to travel to NYC with 2 kids, OMG it is such a big airport, soooo much traffic, her jailer will be quick to be like - fine you're not going, in fact you don't need to do this makeup/hair business anymore, I make plenty of money, start raising my kids and cooking. He's not Evan who is gonna be like hmmm I'd LOVE to quit my job and follow you around.

• Like 5

A quick Google search says one can save about $70 flying into LGA rather than Bradley. Can't imagine much money would be saved after renting a car and buying gas. Never mind shaving an hour off your driving time, especially with two little kids.

I wonder where in CT she went. And why. But I suppose that's the point of her post, right? To get everyone wondering about her.

• Like 5

I don't get the impression that Kelton bosses Josie around and sets limits as to what she can do. She said that he was a big help to her getting her business up and runnning. She works a lot of weekends and if he were really demanding and possessive she probably not be in a business that required this. Seems he does a good deal of the meal preperation  and says to me he is not a typical fundie husband wanting his wife home cooking and cleaning. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I don't know if you guys follow Jane Williamson on YouTube, but she's a vlogger who does parodies of Influencers, most notably Christian Mom Influencers, and she's hysterical. Every video reminds me of Josie. She absolutely nails the phoniness of the Influencing game, the maniacal enthusiasm, the unnecessary secrecy over traveling, etc. I linked a few of her YT shorts. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/4a8E3iDfG4A?feature=share4

https://youtube.com/shorts/DEdwzqLIpEI?feature=share4

https://youtube.com/shorts/A4PDQIAvsh0?feature=share4

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think she's definitely been watching Josie's videos. She hits all of the points especially the heatless hair curler and the facial routine stuff.  Funny

Especially how the hair looks totally underwhelming but she has to gaslight her followers into believing it's great. 🤣

4 hours ago, cereality said:

She's 22-23. Wouldn't be shocked if she uber-ed to CT. Having lived in NYC, driving out of LGA on those highways in Queens all the way to CT is no joke. Yeah she's more capable than her sisters, but I don't think she's THAT worldly either. 

I definitely think she Uber'd or someone picked her up. Katie was afraid to drive in suburban New Jersey for months. I can't see Josie navigating her way out of LGA on her own. 

Random thought, weren't Tiffany and Lawson supposed to go there at one point as well? I remember the trip got cancelled because Lawson's asthma was acting up. 

I find the whole thing so funny though. I'm originally a New Englander, and the thought of these Fundie bumpkins meandering their way through WASP-y, old money CT is cracking me up. Sort of like Joy and her redneck husband going to Switzerland for their honeymoon. It just doesn't fit. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

There was a birthday party for Hazel today.  Both Zack and Whitney and their kids and Carlin an Evan and their kids were there.  I know there is a lot of speculation about Josie and Carlin having some sort of feud but while they may not be particularly close they seem to get along.

There is a photo of Willow, Layla and Khloe together in Carlin's stories. Layla is so tiny! She is 6 months younger than Willow and only 3 months younger than Khloe but the difference is pretty substantial. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

There was a birthday party for Hazel today.  Both Zack and Whitney and their kids and Carlin an Evan and their kids were there.  I know there is a lot of speculation about Josie and Carlin having some sort of feud but while they may not be particularly close they seem to get along.

There is a photo of Willow, Layla and Khloe together in Carlin's stories. Layla is so tiny! She is 6 months younger than Willow and only 3 months younger than Khloe but the difference is pretty substantial. 

I saw that picture. I didn't know who the other girls were (saw in Carlin's stories), but I assumed they were a year older than teeny Layla. 

• Sad 4

I saw the picture and I was shocked. I know Layla has short parents, but Zach, Whit and Josie aren't exactly tall (not sure about Kelton). I think Josie is only 5'1" or 5'2." Khloe and Willow tower over the poor kid. I wonder how much of her lack of growth is due to genetics and how much is due to poor sleep patterns and a bad diet. 

Aside from that, I was happy to see her at Hazel's party. It doesn't seem like Layla spends much time with cousins who aren't Zach's kids. 

• Like 8

You know, I've tried watching some of Josie's clips on her instagram but I can't get through them. I have to stop because I find her incredibly annoying, like the way she talks, and she is constantly playing and fixing her hair for the camera, the girl can't leave it alone! I find her incredibly conceited. And she also has that smug smirk, just like Kelly. Josie and Kelton are two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
59 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

You know, I've tried watching some of Josie's clips on her instagram but I can't get through them. I have to stop because I find her incredibly annoying, like the way she talks, and she is constantly playing and fixing her hair for the camera, the girl can't leave it alone! I find her incredibly conceited. And she also has that smug smirk, just like Kelly. Josie and Kelton are two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. 

Lol, and the way she always has her heavily padded boobs front and center in every video. I think Josie has adopted that Influencer-speak of rapid-fire sentences and moving onto another topic before finishing her original thought. I guess scattered equals relatable or something. 🙄

I've noticed Katie and Whitney talk a mile a minute when they're shilling products. It's like they know the stuff is crap and want to get through the pitch as quickly as possible. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Do those heatless hair curlers actually work? I don't use Josie as an example because she's a professional stylist. She knows how to wrap the hair and use the right products to get the best result. I'm wondering what the results are like for the average person. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Josie was smart to parlay her cosmetology degree into a wedding esque business venture especially in the south.

Back in 2019, I briefly lived in Mississippi and went to someone to have my hair done for an event that had a business just like Josie's. Let's just say a 30 something gay man from Chicago requesting an avante garde hairstyle made them anxious...but they did what I asked.

If she's smart...she will keep it going because she has a skill that is employable and usable.  

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 12

Cosmetology is something that will always be needed and can't be replaced by AI or done by other than in person.  My older daughter has always given people that advice to find a field that is always needed and has to be done personally.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The padded boobs and the hand movements get me. Can't watch more than half a second.

image.png.0780800c7aba9a5dc6a73bd62183210c.png

My thoughts were: you’re in a camper on a farm w/your whole family, why not just moisturize and pull your hair in a ponytail and call it a day. No need to glam. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

My thoughts were: you’re in a camper on a farm w/your whole family, why not just moisturize and pull your hair in a ponytail and call it a day. No need to glam. 

She has to eventually merch all the products. In a few days it'll be, "I got sooooo many DM's about my look from the other day, so I thought I'd show you some of the makeup I've been using," complete with affiliate links and discount codes. It's a classic Influencer ploy. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1

In all fairness, regarding the padded bras -- and the vests Kelly wears -- maybe they're afraid of headlights? I can understand that. 

The hair thing is dumb, and yes, she's shilling. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve been checking out Josie’s IG and I have a question:  Has she had a boob job?  Her boobs are huge!

Josie's definitely had Botox and fillers, but I don't know about the boobs. You're out of commission for a while after a breast augmentation and I can't think of a stretch where she was noticeably absent from social media or not going about her normal routine. You can tell she wears a lot of padded bras, so that plus maybe being well endowed from nursing is giving her a very, ahem, full bustline. 

• Like 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Josie's definitely had Botox and fillers, but I don't know about the boobs. You're out of commission for a while after a breast augmentation and I can't think of a stretch where she was noticeably absent from social media or not going about her normal routine. You can tell she wears a lot of padded bras, so that plus maybe being well endowed from nursing is giving her a very, ahem, full bustline. 

The Bates females are generally very well-endowed. She's not noticeably bigger than her mother or some of her sisters -- Michael(a), Erin, or Carlin, to name three. Then add padded bras on top of that. 

She's young, does professional hair and makeup, and uses a ton of filters for posting. I don't think she's had Botox and/or fillers. ETA: definitely lip fillers, but not other fillers. 

Edited by Heathen
Holy lip fillers, Batman!
  • Like 1

I definitely think Josie wears padded bras. There are a few pictures, very few, when you can tell her boobs are smaller.

Boobs grow during pregnancy and fill up while nursing, but they also tend to deflate after both. Nothing wrong with giving the girls a little help though, but a little foolish to give them too much help.

• Like 6

Josie has a picture of her next to Jane at the 4th.of July picnic. They are about the same height. You can see Mama Jane was well endowed. I think Josie takes after Mama Jane. For someone with her very petite stature and frame her boobs look huge. I would be self conscience with those and would probably consider a breast reduction after having the last baby. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

People on Reddit are speculating that she's pregnant. In Trace's vlog, Josie's asleep on the couch when he and Lydia first arrive, then in the next clip, there's a brief shot of her looking dazed in the kitchen and Kelly's rubbing her arm. When I first saw it, I thought Josie may have just been groggy from being woken up, but on second watch, it looks like she's feeling unwell. Maybe that's the reason for the noticeably bigger boobs. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 5
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

People on Reddit are speculating that she's pregnant. In Trace's vlog, Josie's asleep on the couch when he and Lydia first arrive, then in the next clip, there's a brief shot of her looking dazed in the kitchen and Kelly's rubbing her arm. When I first saw it, I thought Josie may have just been groggy from being woken up, but on second watch, it looks like she's feeling unwell. Maybe that's the reason for the noticeably bigger boobs. 

I sincerely hope she's not. Buck the cult, Balkas. Two kids is enough, and you can give them a good life. 

• Like 8

I thought Kelton said he wanted five kids in one of their Q&As.  If it were me I would tell him he could have five kids when he figured out how to carry them to term and push them out himself.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She lies about the Botox and fillers, too. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Why would such a young woman like Josie even need any botox? It's beyond me. She is beginning to look like a plastic Barbie doll.....with huge boobs. I also noticed them. I think she would be done nursing her daughters by now...so why is she still so "well endowed"?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why would such a young woman like Josie even need any botox? It's beyond me. She is beginning to look like a plastic Barbie doll.....with huge boobs. I also noticed them. I think she would be done nursing her daughters by now...so why is she still so "well endowed"?

She was pretty big before she had kids. It's a Bates family trait. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kelly isn't busty. Don't know where the girls got it from. 

My mom's family is not busty; the women in my dad's family are very busty.  I always wanted to be smaller on top, but instead, I took after my dad's side of the family.  

• Like 1

I'm a skinny woman with proportionally big boobs. After having kids, lets just say my girls have never saluted the sun again on their own.

Big or small, Josie's boobs are getting some kind of help and from the looks of it, too much help.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

To be fair I was fairly small busted before I had my kids but I stayed bigger after. Maybe the same thing happened to Josie. She does appear to wear a padded or molded cup bra, but that may be for modesty. I think she also wears strapless a lot and it gives her a weird looking bump under her clothes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Today was Willow’s first day of homeschool pre-K. Josie said Kelton’s sister was a kindergarten teacher, came to help, and they kept it at two and a half hours, not to overwhelm Willow. That’s a lot better than the ten minutes a day Joy did with Gideon.

Does anyone know if Kelton’s sister attended the same college as her brother, or Clown College? They really should enroll Willow in private school (don’t think they’ll ever do public), they should be able to afford it. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Does anyone know if Kelton’s sister attended the same college as her brother, or Clown College?

Same, she went to Pensacola Christian College which apparently is affiliated with Crown.

• Useful 3

Don't Josie and Carlin attend a large church? I'm assuming the place offers preschool programs. There wouldn't even be a threat of running into people who aren't like-minded. I'm kind of curious as to why they're all still so stuck on homeschool. Both Willow and Layla seem like the type of children who would enjoy being around a group their own age.

• Like 10
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Don't Josie and Carlin attend a large church? I'm assuming the place offers preschool programs. There wouldn't even be a threat of running into people who aren't like-minded. I'm kind of curious as to why they're all still so stuck on homeschool. Both Willow and Layla seem like the type of children who would enjoy being around a group their own age.

And maybe the parents don't want their children to like being around other than family members.  They might ask for more of that.  Who knows where that could lead????

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And maybe the parents don't want their children to like being around other than family members.  They might ask for more of that.  Who knows where that could lead????

True. Slippery slope, right?

• Like 3

Josie seems to be posting less lately. Could she be gearing up for a pregnancy announcement?

Alyssa got her little boy, Erin is expecting her longed for second boy and of course Carlin has one of each and Tori 2 of each. Maybe Josie's trying for a little Kelton?

• Like 3

She posted today that she took a short break from social media and she is feeling rested. 
I would not be surprised if she does get pregnant soon- I’m sure they want a little boy. But she just turned 24 so she has plenty of time.

The fact she just turned 24 and has a 2 year old and a 4 year makes me feel sad. I know she seems happy and that is all she knows but having a baby at 19 voluntarily just baffles me.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
On 8/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, 3 is enough said:

She posted today that she took a short break from social media and she is feeling rested. 
I would not be surprised if she does get pregnant soon- I’m sure they want a little boy. But she just turned 24 so she has plenty of time.

The fact she just turned 24 and has a 2 year old and a 4 year makes me feel sad. I know she seems happy and that is all she knows but having a baby at 19 voluntarily just baffles me.

She seems content being a mom..though it probably would have been better had she waited till she was about 23 (age Tori was when she had her first) or so.

• Like 2