Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's awesome for Evan. He must be relieved.

I would assume that comes with an automatic raise. He's the only Bates (or adjacent) who's Union.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

I would imagine it is a decent raise, since they traded the Duggar Motors SUV for a bigger one and were meeting with a contractor (not Chad or the brothers) about some work they want done on the house.  Between Evan's new salary, the You Tube income, and whatever Carlin's take of the boutique profits is, they seem to be doing well.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I would imagine it is a decent raise, since they traded the Duggar Motors SUV for a bigger one and were meeting with a contractor (not Chad or the brothers) about some work they want done on the house.  Between Evan's new salary, the You Tube income, and whatever Carlin's take of the boutique profits is, they seem to be doing well.

When did they trade up to a bigger SUV? I thought I missed them having a third seat, it now makes sense. Is it a new SUV?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I watched their latest video and Carlin shows genuine affection for Evan’s parents and viceversa. The grandparents brought gifts for both kids and doted on Layla. When it was time to say goodbye Carlin was as emotional as the grandparents.

Carlin is loud, the ultimate extrovert, and can be annoying AF. A lot of her behavior stems from being one of 19 with parents who hardly knew her. The Stewarts validate her and treat her as an individual. I am happy for her. Her behavior probably doesn’t faze them because Evan is equally extroverted. Good for Carlin, Layla, and Zade. 

• Love 16

Today is Evan’s last electrician class, he’s done with the program. They are also closing on their house this week. I hope Carlin’s family doesn’t expect Evan to be their on call electrician. Things seem to have nicely worked out for these two. Still have horrible beliefs, but at least Evan will be able to provide without grifting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Today is Evan’s last electrician class, he’s done with the program. They are also closing on their house this week. I hope Carlin’s family doesn’t expect Evan to be their on call electrician. Things seem to have nicely worked out for these two. Still have horrible beliefs, but at least Evan will be able to provide without grifting. 

I thought he was going to be a plumber. I guess that’s the other two sons in law!

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought he was going to be a plumber. I guess that’s the other two sons in law!

Yes, Kelton is a plumber and owns his business. John is a HVAC tech. Too bad Chad didn’t invest in becoming licensed in a trade before cramming 5 kids in a cottage. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Yes, Kelton is a plumber and owns his business. John is a HVAC tech. Too bad Chad didn’t not invest in becoming licensed in a trade before cramming 5 kids in a cottage. 

Speaking of Chad, Carlin has said they'll be throwing a party for Evan. I wonder if he and Erin will attend? 

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Speaking of Chad, Carlin has said they'll be throwing a party for Evan. I wonder if he and Erin will attend? 

It’ll be telling if they don’t. 

• Love 5

Apparently Carlin and Whit addressed Erin's boutique departure in an Instagram Q&A. I looked for it, but it must've already expired. Someone on the Bates subReddit did a quick summary:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/ud1zay/heres_what_we_now_know_about_the_bsberin_split/

I find it a bit strange they chose this question to answer given that Erin quit nearly a year ago and BSB already made a statement. I'm also not sure I buy their hunky-dory version of events, but that's their story and they're sticking to it. I don't know how profitable the shop is now, but it was doing well enough at one point for Zach and Whit to buy a 17-acre farm. I find it hard to believe Erin happily walked away from that to hawk prayer cards in her cottage. 

I'm also really hoping that Evan helping out more was meant in a "nights and weekends" kind of way. I will lose my shit if that kid put five years into being an electrician only to end up steaming dresses at the boutique. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin just posted that they're closing on the house tomorrow. I admit, I'm curious to see what the place looks like. The neighborhood looks really nice. 

Me too.  Curious what renovations they think "have" to be done.  I know everyone hates carpet anymore, but the carpet in what will be Layla's room looked in very nice condition.  

• Love 3

I noticed that too. It looked like new carpet to me. However, given the way Carlin lets Layla wander around with food it may not stay nice for long.  The colour of the walls though- that was awful.  But paint is relatively cheap so that's an easy fix.  

• Love 6

They're being over the top re this home purchase. I mean I get it I guess it is personally a big deal to buy but give me a break - you're not exactly like OMG we couldn't buy until we were 50. You're what 27 and 23 and were losing your $hit bc OMG we'll never own, we keep getting outbid on a student's income?? And Evan if you aren't going to read what you're signing bc you don't understand it + you married Ms.-OMG-You-know-your-own-SS-number-but-it's-soooo- long, that's what real estate lawyers are for, to prevent morons like you from getting screwed. But that'll cost several hundred/low thousands and I bet there isn't any "sweet friend" at church from whom they could get cheaper services.

And I was just waiting for Layla to catch her hand in the closet door as she repeatedly went in and out of the closet and closed the door behind her but using the side of the door bc she isn't tall enough to reach the knob. How fitting that they stuffed her with potato chips to keep her quiet at the closing. I don't get why they have no other way to motivate that child besides junk food.

• Love 5

Ok eating pizza on the floor of the dining room of the new house on the first night was cute but I can kind of see why Carlin is prone to depression/anxiety. She seems to be playing this whole thing as - now that we can raise our beautiful family in our beautiful home, everything will be perfect. Uh Carlin the problems of every day life don't pass you by bc you are a HOMEOWNER. And btw houses cause their own problems too that you all must deal with and oh yeah those problems tend to cost you money - bc there isn't a landlord footing that bill. I mean by 24 most people start to understand that the magical thinking of - if X happens my life will be perfect - never actually works out?!

Will be interesting to see if they maintain this house like a sty or really make a lot of effort because it's theirs. I mean currently they live like 22 yr old frat bros letting the dishes pile up and doing them once a week; letting their kid pee on their relatively new, expensive couch [not an accident like literally putting him down on the couch to change him w/ nothing underneath and he pees]. I know Carlin was like oh it'll be different in the new house bc we'll have a dishwasher but IDK dishes don't walk to the dishwasher either.

• Love 7

I can't believe she was so clueless about how baby boys work.  My grandson is a month older than Zade.  He was the first boy after 2 girls, and my daughter-in-law ALWAYS has a cloth to cover him up as soon as she opens his diaper.  

I think the couch was already in rough shape.  Yes, it's leather, but it's that super soft leather that scuffs and marks easily.  You could see the wet spot after the incident.  Given how Layla always walks around with food and drinks, and Izzy jumps up on it, I imagine it is far from pristine.  

Maybe a bigger kitchen will be easier for her to keep clean and organized.  I will give her credit for not using paper plates like her sister.  

They are very happy and I hope it goes well for them.  The house is not too big- less than 2000 sq ft and apparently 3 beds 2 baths- some people on Reddit found it, so they did not over extend themselves, which is a good thing.  But I'm sure they will have a surprise or two along the way.

• Love 8

I was surprised after all of the child care the Bates girls gave their siblings, it included multiple diaper changes. How could Carlin not know about the "baby boy baptizing" issue during diaper changes? What an idiot. I would not want to be within 5 feet of her dirty couch. She and Jessa Seewald have something in common now.

• Love 7

That’s what surprises me. You can’t tell me she’s never changed a boy diaper before. I’m one of five girls, no boys, and when my sister’s first child was a boy, even she knew to take precautions, despite never changing a baby boy in her life.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AgathaC said:

That’s what surprises me. You can’t tell me she’s never changed a boy diaper before. I’m one of five girls, no boys, and when my sister’s first child was a boy, even she knew to take precautions, despite never changing a baby boy in her life.

But then where would the drama be?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, AgathaC said:

So do I. Kelly handed over her babies to the girls as soon as they were born. There's no way Carlin wouldn't have changed a bunch of diapers. Especially after Erin and Alyssa moved out. Judson and Jeb were still young enough to need diapers.

• Love 3

So only Zach/Whit and Warden came to start demo on the house.  Interesting.  So curious if Chad will be involved with it at all.  

But by all means, have big mouth, useless Lawson there to do nothing but focus on himself.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

So only Zach/Whit and Warden came to start demo on the house.  Interesting.  So curious if Chad will be involved with it at all.  

But by all means, have big mouth, useless Lawson there to do nothing but focus on himself.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Chad doing pro bono for the Stew Crew. Lawson is indeed useless, I wonder if Tiffany’s parents are aware of how their daughter will truly be on her own. What a disgusting loser. That boy is never going to get a proper job. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Many of the bros are finishing up Lawsy's place. It's only 11 days until the wedding. Kelly was there last week when they had a tornado warning. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

No way Chad will be involved in this reno given whatever the continuing feud is between Erin and Carlin. It isn't surprising that a few of the "bros" were at the house helping do demo on the weekend - likely some combo of Warden/Isiah/Trace with Law mugging for the camera like an idiot. If this was a regular "job" for Chad [even though he likely does these family jobs for minimal profit], then it would be Chad + these guys there with Paine Construction on a regular weekday with Chad or one of the guys and Carlin tagging Paine Construction's IG, which they do for like every job including sibling jobs and often have the homeowner tag the pics as well. Evan said the other day there were going to go meet the contractor at the house, if it was Chad he would've said we're meeting Chad. I'm guessing it's another sweet [unlicensed] friend from church providing contracting services and likely that person has said I'll knock some money off the price if you do some of the job yourself - hence get a crew of brothers over there to do the demo.

As for her changing the kid's diaper directly on the couch that was soooo expensive that they had to save up and gift it to each other for Christmas, it's not that she doesn't know how that could go wrong - it's that she's a slob who doesn't care. I mean who puts any kid's dirty ass right ON the couch with nothing underneath them; the couch where BTW the other kid snacks all day long, dropping food and picking up and eating it. 

And while Layla is speaking more than she used to, has anyone else noticed that's she's unintelligible to the point that Carlin now puts the words she's saying in text on her IG screen so viewers can see how cutely she's speaking? I realize toddler speech tends not to be great but she'll be 2.5 this summer. Apparently per Reddit E&C have said that Layla's speech isn't where it needs to be. You wonder with these fundie kids sometimes - like Carson Paine is nearly 7 and sounds like a 4 yr old; I wonder if it is the lack of ANY schooling or interaction with any kids besides siblings or cousins who are also under-educated.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cereality said:

No way Chad will be involved in this reno given whatever the continuing feud is between Erin and Carlin. It isn't surprising that a few of the "bros" were at the house helping do demo on the weekend - likely some combo of Warden/Isiah/Trace with Law mugging for the camera like an idiot. If this was a regular "job" for Chad [even though he likely does these family jobs for minimal profit], then it would be Chad + these guys there with Paine Construction on a regular weekday with Chad or one of the guys and Carlin tagging Paine Construction's IG, which they do for like every job including sibling jobs and often have the homeowner tag the pics as well. Evan said the other day there were going to go meet the contractor at the house, if it was Chad he would've said we're meeting Chad. I'm guessing it's another sweet [unlicensed] friend from church providing contracting services and likely that person has said I'll knock some money off the price if you do some of the job yourself - hence get a crew of brothers over there to do the demo.

As for her changing the kid's diaper directly on the couch that was soooo expensive that they had to save up and gift it to each other for Christmas, it's not that she doesn't know how that could go wrong - it's that she's a slob who doesn't care. I mean who puts any kid's dirty ass right ON the couch with nothing underneath them; the couch where BTW the other kid snacks all day long, dropping food and picking up and eating it. 

And while Layla is speaking more than she used to, has anyone else noticed that's she's unintelligible to the point that Carlin now puts the words she's saying in text on her IG screen so viewers can see how cutely she's speaking? I realize toddler speech tends not to be great but she'll be 2.5 this summer. Apparently per Reddit E&C have said that Layla's speech isn't where it needs to be. You wonder with these fundie kids sometimes - like Carson Paine is nearly 7 and sounds like a 4 yr old; I wonder if it is the lack of ANY schooling or interaction with any kids besides siblings or cousins who are also under-educated.

3 hours ago, cereality said:

I think you nailed it. Having under-educated parents, lack of school and no friends outside their culture. Their only purpose, it seems, is to memorize the Bible. That's the only teachings they need. Isn't that part (or most) of their 'schooling?'

1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

I think you nailed it. Having under-educated parents, lack of school and no friends outside their culture. Their only purpose, it seems, is to memorize the Bible. That's the only teachings they need. Isn't that part (or most) of their 'schooling?'

They've already started - the latest question E&C love to ask her "who made you?" The first time, my dirty mind expected her to say "mommy and daddy." Nope - they've taught her to respond God. And yet with zero concern for when she says "God" you can barely understand what she is saying bc she's barely making the G or D sounds - but then E&C praise her effusively and say that's right it was God, so the viewer knows what's going on.

Adding to the litany of problem from under/uneducated parents + being around no actual certified teachers or speech therapists if they need it + being around no kids who are any more educated bc none of the cousins or sweet church friends would ever let their child step foot in any kind of school or preschool, I imagine Layla's problem is also that she is parented for the IG and YT cameras. Like it's painfully obvious with that kid that they interact with her in a dotingly obvious way when cameras are on to show how amazing they are as parents and when the camera is off - seems like they toss her a bag of chips and park her in front of the TV.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At least Layla was wearing an actual dress this morning rather than a ruffled onesie. So, parenting win? 

I saw that! She looked so cute in it.  I wonder how old she will be when and if she starts refusing to wear certain outfits.  My granddaughter is 3 and she is quite vocal about her clothing choices. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cereality said:

They've already started - the latest question E&C love to ask her "who made you?" The first time, my dirty mind expected her to say "mommy and daddy." Nope - they've taught her to respond God.

Glad someone else brought this up.  I've already seen them ask her that question in 2 different videos.  Start them early. 🙄  Doesn't know what the hell it means, but pound it in to her head.

I don't watch any of their YouTube channels, but I did go check them out tonight and saw that video where they ask Layla who made her. Pound their religion into the kids head while they are so young. Wow. I'm speechless. But don't all religions pound their beliefs into the kids head? Seriously asking, not being sarcastic or anything. 

• Love 1

Layla goes to some Sunday School nursery program while they attend the services.  I'm guessing they teach the kids to say that there and her parents just constantly ask her to repeat it.

Kind of like Alyssa's girls.  When they "pray" it's just a bunch of gibberish with the occasional "Jesus" thrown in.  They are all too young to really understand but it is drilled into them from the time they can talk.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Shocked, I tell you.  The church ball game blasting and doing the motions to the Village People's "YMCA"!  Do they not know?

Died laughing when I saw that. Pity the camera wasn't on Evan, so we don't know if HE knows. 😂

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

Shocked, I tell you.  The church ball game blasting and doing the motions to the Village People's "YMCA"!  Do they not know?

Well, these are people who remain blissfully (willfully?) ignorant as to their beloved King James’s sexual nature…

• Love 7
17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I saw that! She looked so cute in it.  I wonder how old she will be when and if she starts refusing to wear certain outfits.  My granddaughter is 3 and she is quite vocal about her clothing choices. 

Well, if Layla does start to object to her mother's choices in clothing, it's not like anyone will actually understand what she is saying anyway.

The kid's speech is terrible and her two idiot parents don't even seem to notice.  Their ignorance is appalling.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I don't watch any of their YouTube channels, but I did go check them out tonight and saw that video where they ask Layla who made her. Pound their religion into the kids head while they are so young. Wow. I'm speechless. But don't all religions pound their beliefs into the kids head? Seriously asking, not being sarcastic or anything. 

I dunno, I was raised Catholic and my parents never even took me to church until I was in first grade.  We had a story book about Jesus' birth and a nativity set in the living room at Christmas and that was about it until we went to school.

BTW, the Baltimore Catechism, which is the written text used to teach Catholic kids in preparation for First Communion at age 8 or so, contains a series of questions and answers on the faith that we had to memorize as part of the prep.  First question: 'Who made you?'  Answer: 'God made me'.  It goes on from there.  Wonder if Carlin and Evan know they're teaching their kids the same thing ebil Catholics learn?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

BTW, the Baltimore Catechism, which is the written text used to teach Catholic kids in preparation for First Communion at age 8 or so, contains a series of questions and answers on the faith that we had to memorize as part of the prep.  First question: 'Who made you?'  Answer: 'God made me'.  It goes on from there.  Wonder if Carlin and Evan know they're teaching their kids the same thing ebil Catholics learn?

That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read their story.  How Catholic of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Evan and Carlin are at the new house trying to get a few things done before flying to CA. Evan is installing lighting and how nice it must be to have that skill. That is going to save them a lot of money. I hope Evan can set strict boundaries with Carlin’s family. Otherwise he will be taken advantage of like Chad. He can then kiss goodbye those two afternoons of family time he just regained. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, SMama said:

He can then kiss goodbye those two afternoons of family time he just regained. 

I know he was in a 5 year program, but it’s not like he was away in the military or something. She was going on and on about getting this time back. I guess I thought it was every weeknight w/just the weekends free. But it’s 2!  Jesus Christ, you do not need to spend every single minute with your spouse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I dunno, I was raised Catholic and my parents never even took me to church until I was in first grade.  We had a story book about Jesus' birth and a nativity set in the living room at Christmas and that was about it until we went to school.

I had a mimeographed set of several pages of the questions and answers. All that studying and being nervous and the priest asked me one question. 😇

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I know he was in a 5 year program, but it’s not like he was away in the military or something. She was going on and on about getting this time back. I guess I thought it was every weeknight w/just the weekends free. But it’s 2!  Jesus Christ, you do not need to spend every single minute with your spouse. 

But if you're a stay at home mum of 2, and your stupid beliefs mean you can't do school/daycare, or have a job or are allowed to do anything other than HOUSEWIFE AND MOTHER; then you're gagging for every second that your spouse is home, because it means a) adult conversation, b) a helping hand with the children/housework and C) the ability to spend 10 precious minutes alone. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yeah I remember being in the first grade in the 50's and one of the questions that we had to memorize was Who made you ? And the followup why did God make you? He made me to know him, to love him, to serve him and to be with him in heaven. It's amazing what stays with you after 12 years of Catholic school.  

• Love 2

Their naval gazing knows no bounds as we've now gotten 2 days of - picking up paint samples at Lowes + putting said paint samples on the walls to figure out which hues they pick up. Uh the paints are - Ultra White; Extra White; Pure White. Good luck w/ that. It's effing WHITE. Just pick one and get on with your lives. I understand that there are different types of whites and I get that they are obsessed w/ sharing their lives with leg humpers, but do they not realize that unless you're using professional level UPTV cameras, no one can see the difference between ultra, pure, and extra white on a regular damn iphone??

And I think they all think they their home renos are SOOOO special that they'll end up with sponsorships or an HGTV show for them. In 2 days both C&E and Law have posted videos about how Lowe's is just their second home and they go there EVERY day - both tagging Lowes. Uh so do any number of contractors, I don't see Lowes gifting you a free $5000 stove like your brother bought or anything else bc you go pick up a few gallons of paint, canned lights, and outlet switch plates.

• LOL 6

I cringe when I watch Layla with the baby.  She is so rough with him.  I keep waiting for her to hurt him( not that I want to see that). I know when I had my son, I watched my daughter much closer than C&E

• Love 8