Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I think the worse thing for Carlin and Evan would be if they got this house and decided to move 2 weeks before the baby was due. Who in their right mind wants to move when there is a strong possibility that a baby would come any day? They need to back off and wait  awhile. Their house is not going to be too small any time soon. They  are just adding one baby who will probably sleep in their room for the next 6 months.  Want is not necessarily a need. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think the worse thing for Carlin and Evan would be if they got this house and decided to move 2 weeks before the baby was due. Who in their right mind wants to move when there is a strong possibility that a baby would come any day? They need to back off and wait  awhile. Their house is not going to be too small any time soon. They  are just adding one baby who will probably sleep in their room for the next 6 months.  Want is not necessarily a need. 

Carlin is chomping at the bit to have what Alyssa, Josie, and Katie have. It’s the Home Owner Amazing Race. It doesn’t help that Alyssa moved while her fourth child, Maci, was an infant. If Alyssa did it, Carlin feels compelled to follow. I agree with you that the baby will be sleeping in the master bedroom for at least six months. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I see Carlin's "crisis behavior" as habit from when she was part of the '19' and needed to be seen and heard from her parents. Carry over from then. She needs to straighten herself out.

Carlin was always a big mouth. I think she gets is from Kelly. When Kelly starts with her big mouth I fast forward!

• Love 6
23 hours ago, cereality said:

Something seems . . . not right . . . with Carlin lately.

And the object of Carlin's mental issues = Layla. Sorry but she is putting entirely too much on a TWO year old. Numerous times in the last week or two she's asked Layla if they're friends, etc. Yesterday at Target, Layla asks her to sit in the cart with her [one of those HUGE carts w/ seats for two kids] and Carlin goes on about how they are FRIENDS and then says "Layla say BEST friends . . . ." She's effing two. If you're having issues, find mental help, pray it away etc. - don't put it on a two year old to make you feel good/content/needed/secure etc.

Could that be her feeling guilty that the baby will be here soon and she won't be able to give Layla as much attention as she has had so far?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Could that be her feeling guilty that the baby will be here soon and she won't be able to give Layla as much attention as she has had so far?

This is a real possibility.  I remember feeling guilty as the birth of my second and third children approached.   I wasn't vocal about it like Carlin, but the thought was there.

I would not be at all surprised if Carlin is thinking "Oh, shit, we are going to have TWO."  Add the uncertainty about the house situation and it's no wonder she seems unsettled.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 2

I'm not sure Carlin has it in her to be that empathetic.  She's always seemed one of the more shallow Bates kids.  Wanting what her sisters have seems more probable to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

No worries for Carlin.  She has a husband who is going to have a good job. She will do great, although I do think she likes to spend more than she should.  Let's see how Evan handles that~

Evan loves his toys (eBikes, drone, cameras) so it’s going to be interesting to see how they manage. 

• Love 3

Another “WTF are you putting on that child” moment from Carlin’s stories. Poor Layla is dressed in a long sleeved knitted romper in a lovely griege colour.  🙄This is accessorized with colour block knee socks and boots. 
I hate rompers with a passion,  but even more so on toddlers.  Layla is 2!  I know she is tiny, but that doesn’t mean she should be dressed like an infant. That poor child is going to look back at photos and wonder what her mother was thinking.

On the plus side her hair looked cute.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6

These kids, any of the Bates/Duggar, are going to think they have vision problems.  The only "colors" they see are beige, tan, gray, white and maybe green.  Zero stimulation.  I love baby clothes with color on them.  Flowers, trucks, dinosaurs, whatever just add some damn color.  They probably can't name the primary colors because they never see them.  Maybe in a few of their toys, but not much else.  At least Alyssa dresses her girls in clothes other than beige and cute outfits.  With the exception of all the matching fucking dresses.  Cute sometimes, not every damn week. 

Carlin was showing her stash of new baby boy clothes and they look like baby funeral attire.  

• Love 4

C&E are taking Layla to the wedding, booked the tickets yesterday. I’m happy for Layla because it would suck to be left behind so soon after losing her baby status. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wow, so I just saw on Reddit that BSB is doing another cash-and-carry sale open to the public. Is it me or does this look a shit-ton of unsold inventory? Whitney and Carlin talk like business is booming, but two bargain basement sales within a couple months says otherwise.

282731567_Screenshot_20220325-154212_(1)2.thumb.png.053f7c0cbce8bffd9b168c0aa60c71ab.png

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, so I just saw on Reddit that BSB is doing another cash-and-carry sale open to the public. Is it me or does this like look a shit-ton of unsold inventory? Whitney and Carlin talk like business is booming, but two bargain basement sales within a couple months says otherwise.

282731567_Screenshot_20220325-154212_(1)2.thumb.png.053f7c0cbce8bffd9b168c0aa60c71ab.png

Looks to me like nobody cares!  Boxes sitting everywhere.  Looks a real mess.

I'm thinking Whitney and Carlin bailed when what's her name had the new baby and was busy at home.  Erin..couldn't think of her name!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Out of all the racks they have in that store, I find it hard to believe they don't move a few to that front area to put the clothes on to make it easier to see what's available.  To have the rubbermaid bins on the floor and people having to bend over and go through them, no thanks.  FFS even Goodwill and other thrift stores hang the shit.  

I think Erin was smart to bail on that "boutique".  

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Out of all the racks they have in that store, I find it hard to believe they don't move a few to that front area to put the clothes on to make it easier to see what's available.  To have the rubbermaid bins on the floor and people having to bend over and go through them, no thanks.  FFS even Goodwill and other thrift stores hang the shit.  

I think Erin was smart to bail on that "boutique".  

You'd think they'd at least use folding tables so customers would be more comfortable as they sifted through. People are more likely to buy when they're not suffering lower back pain, lol. 

• Love 4

So they got the house and we'll get a tour after they sign the papers!  I would never allow 1,000,000 to tour my home.  Do they think the Lord will save them from all the crazies out there???

Then they took Layla for ice cream where she and Carlin sat at a picnic table.  Nobody watching out for that child.  That she didn't tumble down and break her neck amazes me!  She stood on the bench and wiggled this way and that!

I died a thousand deaths just watching her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You'd think they'd at least use folding tables so customers would be more comfortable as they sifted through. People are more likely to buy when they're not suffering lower back pain, lol. 

A quick sorting of the merch according to sizes or styles is also going to go a long way to encourage sales.  If a customer has to get on their knees and randomly rifle through a slew of bins in hopes of finding something they like in their size; they are not going to be able to find as much as if it was somewhat sorted for them.   Even the big discount clothing outlets like Ross do some sorting to give people the opportunity to spend more money in less time.

• Love 6

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the boxes weren't separated by size. That's even worse.

A couple of Redditers were at the sale and said the boutique was also selling furniture and decorations. I wonder if they're moving to a new space, having serious cash flow problems or getting rid of the sets for their photoshoots.

I know losing the show was a major hit in terms of visibility and marketing, but I'm starting to wonder if Erin wasn't a more valuable partner than I gave her credit for. It seems like everything's gone downhill since she quit and Zach stepped in. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

KJ doesn’t seem to be spending much time at BSB either. She supposedly was the new partner but Zac is around most of the time. 

I've always felt Kelly becoming a partner was a "keeping the peace" move. I think Erin wanted a buyout asap, and Whit and Carlin either didn't have a lump sum to give her or disagreed about what her share was worth. I think Kelly stepped in to diffuse the situation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Huh. That's one of those names I'm gonna have to chew on for a while. I don't hate it, although I like Zane/Zayne better. It's a bit of an odd choice considering there's already a Kade in the family. I agree he looks exactly like Layla. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Huh. That's one of those names I'm gonna have to chew on for a while. I don't hate it, although I like Zane/Zayne better. It's a bit of an odd choice considering there's already a Kade in the family. I agree he looks exactly like Layla. 

Odd parents=odd baby name.  

I don't think they make very cute babies/kids 😕  Yeah, I'm that person.

• Love 9

I think Carlin is beautiful, but in a 'striking' way, not conventionally, like most of her siblings. And it took her years to grow into her looks. I think it will be the same for her children.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Odd parents=odd baby name.  

I don't think they make very cute babies/kids 😕  Yeah, I'm that person.

I’ve always wanted to get this off my chest that I thought Layla looked like a gremlin. I’ll just leave it at that.

Does anyone have a photo of Carlin when she was Layla’s age. Probably less likely one of Evan. 

• Love 3

I find that Layla looks very much like her father.  And the baby looks like Layla.

Newborns can change so much in the first few weeks though.  My daughter was a pretty newborn, but my oldest son not so much.  However, by the time he was a month old he was adorable. 

The name, however, I just can't deal with it. Why do people do that to innocent babies?  He will be explaining it all his life. "No, not Cade, Zade.  With a Z." 🙄

I want to know who is watching Layla.  Michael seems to have her hands full with Erin's kids.  Maybe one of the older sister aunts went over to Evan and Carlin's place?  It's so sad that every aunt in the vicinity has been to see the baby before his own sister meets him.  I know the hospital probably is not allowing visitors below a certain age, but it still feels wrong.

I was watching my granddaughters when my grandson was born last month.  First my son FaceTimed from the hospital.  I took a quick peek, then moved away from the phone.  Same thing the next day when they brought him home- I stayed in the background while they met their brother.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Maybe it was the time that she posted them face timing, but it showed after 1am!  If not, what the hell was Layla doing up at that time?

I noticed that too.  I am hoping Carlin was awake and that was just the time she posted.  She did say she had an adrenaline rush yesterday and couldn’t sleep. I know they keep Layla up late-ish sometimes, but I can’t imagine they would let her stay up till 1 am.  And whoever is watching her would surely put her to bed at a decent hour.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Does anyone have a photo of Carlin when she was Layla’s age. Probably less likely one of Evan. 

Slow night.  This is about the oldest photo I could find of Carlin.  I think Tori looks a lot like Layla in this pic.  Reddit has some hilarious pics of all them when younger.                                                       image.png.f3cf25d478c29c4b280733df726232f1.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Did Evan stay at the hospital the whole time? No trips home?

Looks that way. I would have spent time with Layla to provide a sense of normalcy. But what do I know?

• Love 7

Back when I had my kids my husband did not have the option of staying with me overnight.  

When my grandson was born last month my son and his wife left for the hospital at 3:30 am. The baby was born around 9:00 am.  My son left the hospital in time to pick up my older granddaughter from school and spent some time with both girls (12 and 3) before he headed back.  They came home the next morning.  

Carlin was in there for 2 nights and Layla is barely 2.  I don't think it would have killed Evan to go home for a bit.  They were going on and on about her meeting her little brother and now that they are home it has been radio silence.  I am guessing they are saving "Layla meets Zade" for their weekly You Tube installment because we all know there is no way they did not film it.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Slow night.  This is about the oldest photo I could find of Carlin.  I think Tori looks a lot like Layla in this pic.  Reddit has some hilarious pics of all them when younger.                                                       image.png.f3cf25d478c29c4b280733df726232f1.png

Oh wow, yeah, she does! There’s hope then. Thanks for posting this!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Can someone name the bottom row?  I know most of the older kids. 

• Useful 1