Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Nope.  They are all showing how they are decorating their homes, how cute the kids are, and giving all kinds of codes for various merchandise.  Carlin did a promotion last night for some Dock-a Tot knockoff- they don't typically do that on Sundays.

Thanks for filling me in!

Ugh, it pisses me off that they suffered no consequences.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thanks for filling me in!

Ugh, it pisses me off that they suffered no consequences.

I think if the BUB show was on a more mainstream network and had a larger viewing audience there probably would be consequences. But UP tv probably thinks that not a whole lot of people saw this so no big deal. Sad and yes this pisses me off too.

• Love 4

There was a story that "fans" were pissed and calling for UP to cancel.  They were calling for the sponsors to leave them too.  

For what it's worth, I submitted a complaint on the UPtv webpage.  At least they will see how a lot of people don't think that's normal behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Carlin and Evan managed to put up a Christmas tree with beige or oatmeal colored ornaments. And apparently they have white Christmas stockings. Why are they so in love with bland and boring? Red and green are traditionally the colors associated with Christmas but I guess it’s trendy to use oatmeal colored decorations?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Carlin and Evan managed to put up a Christmas tree with beige or oatmeal colored ornaments. And apparently they have white Christmas stockings. Why are they so in love with bland and boring? Red and green are traditionally the colors associated with Christmas but I guess it’s trendy to use oatmeal colored decorations?

I saw her stories, and wow. I think my dentist's waiting room has a more welcoming display. What a bland, soulless house. Beige on beige on beige. How depressing for Layla. 

• Love 7

The Bates girls are nothing if not trendy.  That type of color palette and style of Christmas decorating ( white lights, monochromatic, no glitter) is very popular right now.  Just look at your local Target. Like all trends it will pass, and the Bates girls will redecorate.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

The Bates girls are nothing if not trendy.  That type of color palette and style of Christmas decorating ( white lights, monochromatic, no glitter) is very popular right now.  Just look at your local Target. Like all trends it will pass, and the Bates girls will redecorate.  

Yesterday, in CVS, spotted neutral nutcrackers!

21 hours ago, answerphone said:

What exactly is wrong with Layla?
The poor little thing with Carlin for her mom. 

Well she has E&C as parents for starters.

But other than that she was born with a hole in her heart. It's the type of thing that does go away on its own/close for a % of kids but if it doesn't they do surgery to close it around age 2-3. People are who aren't Evan and Carlin wouldn't even think about entertaining another pregnancy until that child is at least 2-3 and there is confirmation that it has closed/no surgery is needed bc in case surgery is needed, it probably makes sense to not have a newborn along for the ride if you can help it and to focus all your energy and resources on that child. I mean maybe some people would entertain a 2nd pregnancy but usually that's ppl who are 35-40+ and the window on siblings is closing - not people aged 23-26 who act like teen parents to begin with.

Recently they also said that the drs. are concerned that Layla is falling off her growth curve and they referred her for blood work for thyroid and other things. E&C got that blood work done a month or two after the fact - bc Nathan's wedding; Katie's 27 wedding showers; Evan's fam vacation and whatever else couldn't be cut short by a few minutes to focus on the kid. They didn't reveal the results but when asked C said that there's nothing to be done right now but the drs. want to watch certain things. Fingers crossed that means nothing is actually wrong and if they just feed the child actual meals with proteins/carbs/vegetables, she'll be back on the growth curve - of course first that means laying off the doritos, cake pops, soda or chocolate milk in her bottle etc. that they are constantly feeding her.

They act like she’s one of their teen friends instead of their baby - non stop junk food, no schedule so she’s out with them at 11 pm or midnight when they suddenly decide yay game night at Whit’s house will be sooo fun and NBD bc she’ll sleep in until 10 am w Carlin. I mean she falls asleep at these various outings and they put her in her own bed later, but there’s a reason other parents give their kids a balanced dinner at 5 pm and bed by 7 - it’s not like it doesn’t crimp those parents’ style but they do it bc they’re parents.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9

I know genetic issues can't be helped, but I agree Layla isn't exactly living a life conducive to thriving. Her diet is garbage and she doesn't seem to have a regular sleep schedule. If Carlin and Evan want to go to Cracker Barrel at 8 pm, Layla's getting dragged along. If game night runs til 11, ditto. They're an incredibly immature, selfish couple who really shouldn't have one kid, let alone two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I was browsing Carlin's stories and she posted clips of Evan in a church play. His voice is actually pretty good, but I came here to comment on Layla. Carlin brought a giant bag of sour patch candies to keep her quiet during the play, and then later she's sucking on a lollipop. I don't have kids so maybe I'm off, but it seems like that child consumes a ridiculously high amount of sugar. I wouldn't judge if it was only once in a while, but every time you see that kid she's eating cake pops, cookies or candy. Is Carlin unaware there's healthier snack options? That poor baby's teeth are going to be rotting out of her head. 

That child does eat an awful lot of junk.  In some ways I think it may be because Carlin probably never got any treats as a child since money was so tight.  She doesn't want her child deprived like she was.  Problem is she isn't able to moderate it.  There is a huge difference between never getting treats and getting them all the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was browsing Carlin's stories and she posted clips of Evan in a church play. His voice is actually pretty good, but I came here to comment on Layla. Carlin brought a giant bag of sour patch candies to keep her quiet during the play, and then later she's sucking on a lollipop. I don't have kids so maybe I'm off, but it seems like that child consumes a ridiculously high amount of sugar. I wouldn't judge if it was only once in a while, but every time you see that kid she's eating cake pops, cookies or candy. Is Carlin unaware there's healthier snack options? That poor baby's teeth are going to be rotting out of her head. 

Carlin said is her current pregnancy craving. That does not mean she has to constantly share with Layla. 

• Useful 2

Layla's mother's junk food tour continues. Carlin posted a video of outlet mall shopping with mom, bestie Whit and Addie with Layla and then she goes - there's Layla living her best life as she sat in her stroller with an enormous bag of Cheetos at freaking 12 pm - lunch time?! And then tonight C&E decorating ginger bread houses and E is squeezing frosting from the bag directly into the kid's mouth and the kid's hands/feet/mouth are covered in icing and candy.

I do think some of this is how Carlin grew up. Unlike other fundies I do think they had enough to eat but it was in the form of full casserole type meals for lunch and dinner, I think there was little in the way of snacks/extras. So now she wants that stuff ALL THE TIME AND doesn't want to deprive her kid. That means she has to have a Sbux in hand at all times and her kid gets a constant supply of Doritos, Cheetos, Sour Patch Kids, cake pops and whatever else. I get she feels like she missed out on snacks but does she not get that kid snacks are cheese sticks, raisins, fruit slices, yogurt, etc. NOT lollipops and cheetos?

I mean her sisters were similarly deprived of snacks and yet we never see Josie, Alyssa or Erin's kids with even 10% of the junk Layla eats; I mean Alyssa is making meals out of cheese and crackers and her kids are always grabbing for the fruit options and Erin indulges her kids with home baked muffins with fruit?! Meanwhile Layla walked down the aisle at Katie's wedding with some kind of cookie/cracker in hand. I get it - you bribe kids to behave at weddings - but just shows how much that kid responds to snacks.

And the other part of this is how E&C themselves eat, they don't cook/don't want to cook and dinners are some combo of fast food 2-3 times/wk, either parents' house 1-2 times/wk, and restaurants like Cracker Barrel or Waffle House the rest of the time. Fine don't cook but honestly it takes 10 min to give your kid eggs and toast for dinner; pasta with jarred sauce with spinach or zucchini sautéed in; grilled cheese with a veggie side; or rice and lentils/beans. 

I mean Josie's kid is 6 months older than Layla and the difference is noticeable. Maybe it's just that 6 months is a LONG time in kid development terms but that kid is growing like a weed and talks a ton - like sentences, not just words repeated here and there; I have to imagine at least a small part of it is that food for her is always like rice and beans; chicken and rice; chicken or steak tacos deconstructed; blueberries; eggs etc. I get that E&C are both short so their kid will be too but I don't get the sense that Kelton is particularly tall either - maybe a few inches taller than Evan but not tall like John or even Bobby.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, cereality said:

Layla's mother's junk food tour continues. Carlin posted a video of outlet mall shopping with mom, bestie Whit and Addie with Layla and then she goes - there's Layla living her best life as she sat in her stroller with an enormous bag of Cheetos at freaking 12 pm - lunch time?! And then tonight C&E decorating ginger bread houses and E is squeezing frosting from the bag directly into the kid's mouth and the kid's hands/feet/mouth are covered in icing and candy.

I do think some of this is how Carlin grew up. Unlike other fundies I do think they had enough to eat but it was in the form of full casserole type meals for lunch and dinner, I think there was little in the way of snacks/extras. So now she wants that stuff ALL THE TIME AND doesn't want to deprive her kid. That means she has to have a Sbux in hand at all times and her kid gets a constant supply of Doritos, Cheetos, Sour Patch Kids, cake pops and whatever else. I get she feels like she missed out on snacks but does she not get that kid snacks are cheese sticks, raisins, fruit slices, yogurt, etc. NOT lollipops and cheetos?

I mean her sisters were similarly deprived of snacks and yet we never see Josie, Alyssa or Erin's kids with even 10% of the junk Layla eats; I mean Alyssa is making meals out of cheese and crackers and her kids are always grabbing for the fruit options and Erin indulges her kids with home baked muffins with fruit?! Meanwhile Layla walked down the aisle at Katie's wedding with some kind of cookie/cracker in hand. I get it - you bribe kids to behave at weddings - but just shows how much that kid responds to snacks.

And the other part of this is how E&C themselves eat, they don't cook/don't want to cook and dinners are some combo of fast food 2-3 times/wk, either parents' house 1-2 times/wk, and restaurants like Cracker Barrel or Waffle House the rest of the time. Fine don't cook but honestly it takes 10 min to give your kid eggs and toast for dinner; pasta with jarred sauce with spinach or zucchini sautéed in; grilled cheese with a veggie side; or rice and lentils/beans. 

I mean Josie's kid is 6 months older than Layla and the difference is noticeable. Maybe it's just that 6 months is a LONG time in kid development terms but that kid is growing like a weed and talks a ton - like sentences, not just words repeated here and there; I have to imagine at least a small part of it is that food for her is always like rice and beans; chicken and rice; chicken or steak tacos deconstructed; blueberries; eggs etc. I get that E&C are both short so their kid will be too but I don't get the sense that Kelton is particularly tall either - maybe a few inches taller than Evan but not tall like John or even Bobby.

I’ve been following the sisters out of curiosity about how they grow into their adult lives. Erin admitted she did not know how to cook when she married Chad. She has learned a lot and even taught either Warden or Jackson to cook. I recall Erin having two of her sibs for dinner and the kids did not know what broccoli was.

Whitney has tried many of Joanna Gaines’ recipes. After a producer driven episode of Z/W & E/C taking a cooking class, Zach discovered how much he enjoys cooking. Whitney has posted IG stories where Zach is cooking up a storm. In one he was making at least three different pizzas. Another story had Zach with all burners on with two entrees (maybe cooking for the week).

Lately, Kelton has been doing a lot of grilling. I’m very impressed with his progress. Josie explained that they had a so so grill. They invested in a decent grill and it has paid off. Kelton grills at least three times a week. There’s always vegetables on the IG stories I have seen. I recall a tasty looking grain and veggie bowl Kelton made. 

Josie said they now buy better quality meat and have eliminated most of their eating out in favor of cooking at home. Willow eats what her parents eat and does not seem picky. One story had Kelton making steak and veggies one day, then using leftover steak the next day to make fajitas. Kelton seemed proud of making chipotle sauce, and Josie was appreciative. Later they had a video of their Saturday night watching cooking videos. It seems neither was a good cook upon marriage but are learning how to cook, and look for healthy meals. Like I said, I’m very impressed with Kelton’s (and Zach’s) going all in cooking. Especially given their cult’s strict adherence to gender roles.

Alyssa is hit and miss. Once or twice a month she posts a story with a balanced, although somehow dubious looking meal. One thing I’ve noticed is that Alyssa doesn’t seem to make enough food. There’s still a lot of fast food eating.

Since the sisters are so competitive it would be nice if they did another cooking class episode. Maybe Carlin and Katie will learn how to make basic meals. Sorry about the manifesto on Bates cooking. I do hope C&E learn to cook healthy meals for Layla’s sake. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 8

I've seen Josie's videos, and I agree Kelton's food looks really good. 

I don't know if Alyssa gives the girls a separate meal or what, but the food she makes barely looks like it's enough for John, let alone an additional four people. 

For me, Erin is hit or miss. She seems to do well at baking, but the germaphobe in me can't forget her dipping cooked chicken in a raw marinade. Ick. Funny too, is she edited that part out of her tutorial when people commented on it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if Alyssa gives the girls a separate meal or what, but the food she makes barely looks like it's enough for John, let alone an additional four people. 

For me, Erin is hit or miss. She seems to do well at baking, but the germaphobe in me can't forget her dipping cooked chicken in a raw marinade. Ick. Funny too, is she edited that part out of her tutorial when people commented on it.  

I was wondering why I didn't see the marinade part! I thought I had somehow missed it. I watched the video a day or two after she posted it, plenty of time for her to edit it. 

• LOL 4

OMG, I did not know about Erin’s faux pas. Yuck. I have not seen much of her cooking. I also wonder how much of her cooking has to do with their finances. No way they can eat out with that many kids. At least she is trying. 

@BitterApple, I thought I was being too harsh when I mentioned that Alyssa doesn’t seem to make enough food. She did a video of her and Lexi making chicken pot pie. It was on a regular pie mold, and nothing else was served with the meal. I was wondering how John could do with such a small serving. My very petite daughter would have still been hungry with that amount of food. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

These two are ridiculous - dropping icing straight from the packet into Layla's mouth?!? Babies raising babies. I can only hope that once baby #2 comes, they will calm down and start acting like grown parents.

It reminds me of Teen Mom 2 when Leah took a tub of icing from the fridge, stuck a spoon in it and handed it to her toddler daughter. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Have they found out if any thing is wrong from the testing?

Nothing major or that stood out. A few things (not specific) the doctors want to keep an eye on as she grows. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2021 at 10:18 PM, YupItsMe said:

Just dropping this here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXfLoeGF3jJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

A drive through light show where Layla is bouncing in her Daddy’s lap and helping him steer…

OMG! Can we just hope that some TN state trooper follows them on IG and cites them for this. Child endangerment sounds pretty fitting. Just ask Jana Duggar. 😉

TN child restraint laws: 

Children age one (1) through age three (3), and weighing more than twenty (20) pounds, must be secured in a child safety seat in a forward facing position in the rear seat, if available, or according to the child safety restraint system or vehicle manufacturer's instructions.

https://www.tn.gov/safety/publicsafety/newcrd.html

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

OMG! Can we just hope that some TN state trooper follows them on IG and cites them for this. Child endangerment sounds pretty fitting. Just ask Jana Duggar. 😉

TN child restraint laws: 

Children age one (1) through age three (3), and weighing more than twenty (20) pounds, must be secured in a child safety seat in a forward facing position in the rear seat, if available, or according to the child safety restraint system or vehicle manufacturer's instructions.

https://www.tn.gov/safety/publicsafety/newcrd.html

They were crawling through a light show, not driving on a roadway. Different situation. For example, here is one of FAQs from a light show in Newark, NJ:

"Can the passengers ride in the back of my truck?"

"We ask that you arrive safely to the show in your vehicle seatbelts. Once on the property, please carefully and quickly move your occupants to the bed of the truck. Please be aware of your surroundings and other vehicles!! Make sure everyone returns to their seatbelts before exiting onto the highway for your departure."

What would Layla be able to see from a car seat?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

What would Layla be able to see from a car seat?

Probably not well, but that's why she's a little too young for this type of thing.  They would be better to just wait till she's older to fully enjoy it.  Even at slow speeds it's still a huge risk if they got rear ended. It's just not something to play around with.  And at Layla's age, good luck to them getting her to stay in her car seat in the future.  She may very well want to play in the car now that they've let her do it once. Que the future temper tantrums with a child that age who is expected to stay restrained next time they go somewhere because she is too young to understand the difference between on-road and off-road. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Probably not well, but that's why she's a little too young for this type of thing.  They would be better to just wait till she's older to fully enjoy it.  Even at slow speeds it's still a huge risk if they got rear ended. It's just not something to play around with.  And at Layla's age, good luck to them getting her to stay in her car seat in the future.  She may very well want to play in the car now that they've let her do it once. Que the future temper tantrums with a child that age who is expected to stay restrained next time they go somewhere because she is too young to understand the difference between on-road and off-road. 

They showed pictures of when they did the same thing last year (Layla was being held by Carlin) when Layla wasn’t even a year old.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Peanut6711 said:

My thoughts exactly.   Our oldest daughter when through a phase where she threw fits in the car seat and even managed to unbuckle herself once while I was driving.    That awful time would have probably only been prolonged if we had attempted boneheaded moves like these fools.  I was so glad when she passed through that phase and I didn't feel like I was gearing up for battle every time we got in the car -- and then was on red alert after the time she managed to break out of the seat altogether.   Such a relief when that passed.

• Love 4

I remember my sister telling a story about her older daughter.  The daughter was maybe 18 months or so.  One day they were riding down a busy local street when all of a sudden, my sister felt a tap on her shoulder.  The little girl said hi mommy.  My sister pulled over into the nearest parking lot and quickly buckled the dear child back into her car seat.

Later that day, she took the dear one to Toys R Us. She sat her in every car seat, and bought the one that my dear niece could not unfasten.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, marypat57 said:

my sister felt a tap on her shoulder.  The little girl said hi mommy.  My sister pulled over into the nearest parking lot and quickly buckled the dear child back into her car seat.

I know child safety is a serious matter, but that's so cute I had to give it the laugh emoticon. 

• Love 4

Being short puts a kid at the low end of a growth chart, but does not cause concern for the Doc unless the kid drops in the curve. Being short is not a medical problem. Layla dropped. One possible remedy is adding calories to a poor diet, but they recommend doing that by adding fat, not sugar.

In my non-medical opinion, Layla has Failure to Thrive due to lack of stimulation. This will sound harsh, but other than on camera I don't think she gets a lot of attention and I think C & E use sweets to shut her up.

In other news, Carlin said they took a SM break to "reconnect", yet she filmed plenty of content and Evan was shown editing a reel while they were at the inlaws. Why must they lie?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

https://www.instagram.com/carlinbates98/

If you have the patience, scroll through Carlin's stories. She has clips from New Year's Eve. Layla is wearing only a diaper, she's knocked out, and Carlin captions that she tried so hard to stay awake until midnight before finally falling asleep. The room is noisy and brightly lit and all I can think is, for fuck's sake, you morons! Put that baby to bed! The kid is two. She has no clue what New Year's Eve is, and it's obvious they kept her up to get footage for Instagram. This poor child is more of a prop than the dog. 

• Love 4

They said they put an offer in, but no word on whether they got it.

I have to admit, the house is really nice. Reasonably sized and it has a gorgeous sunroom. It needs a bit of updating in terms of flooring and paint, but the bones are good. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I didn't watch their YouTube offering this week. Did they actually get a house or just find one they liked? Because I suspect it's the latter, and they didn't get it. 🙄

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They said they put an offer in, but no word on whether they got it.

I have to admit, the house is really nice. Reasonably sized and it has a gorgeous sunroom. It needs a bit of updating in terms of flooring and paint, but the bones are good. 

They put the offer in Dec. 22.  I assume they got it otherwise why would they bother showing and telling about a house they didn’t get. I guess we are supposed to be breathless with anticipation, awaiting the giant reveal. 

• LOL 6

I hope they put in passing inspection with their bid or they're crazy stupid. I'm sure they're saving the answer of whether they got it or not for another video, hoping to get more viewers.

Could Evan be any more obnoxious? He's like a shitty gameshow host on steroids.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, ozziemom said:

Because Joanna Gaines is not into a jeweled color palette...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Sorry but C&E are ridiculously shitty parents and no better than most of the Teen Moms who have babies bc SEX but really neither parent is prepared for a baby. Of course no one can ever say that about them bc they are white + Godly + God put them on earth to be mom and dad + they were married for 7 seconds when they made a baby.

But keeping a 2 yr old child up until midnight on NYE when that child does not know what NYE is and just wants to sleep and then screaming happy new year in her ear and repeatedly kissing her back and shoulder while she sleeps and other adults make noise?? They basically want that child as a prop like a Gucci bag in their videos but not as an actual human being that will force them to inconvenience themselves in any way. And this is the way this kid sleeps often - bc they often talk about being at G&K's house or Whit's house until midnight- kid sleeping whenever. And this new thing of posting videos of her just in a diaper?? Uh they realize their cult has Josh Duggars in it [as does the rest of the internet], right??

I have no doubt that they ignore her medical needs - likely have never followed up with a cardiologist to see if her heart issue has resolved and would never do it for their own peace of mind, unless the pediatrician really forced their hand [bc if they did/the pediatrician asked them to we'd get a sobbing video re how "it hurts Carlin's mama heart that her baby has to see a cardiologist"]; any direction by the pediatrician re upping her calories is met with - sure more cake pops and adult sized bags of Cheetos.

And more and more that child has the affect of a kid who is largely ignored. I have a feeling they interact with her for 30 min a day while cameras are rolling for IG or YT - asking her questions she'll say "yeah" too or getting her to repeat words [can you say "pretty tree"] to show how much they teach her. And then when the cameras go off I get the sense they park her in front of the TV and throw her some cookies or a bag of doritos to shut her up as she zones out; and at the store they hand her off to the babysitter of the day who likely hands her a lollipop as she zones out on an ipad or wanders aimlessly around the store.

I mean her vs. Willow is a HUGE difference. I get that she's 6 months older but even 6 mos ago, that child spoke spontaneously - like had thoughts and expressed them in like two words. Josie posted videos this summer at age 2 just in daily life being like "beans hot" when the rice and beans on her plate were too hot or "ground got wet" when Josie was watering plants on the porch and the kid noticed the water was hitting the ground. And it wasn't Josie saying "say beans hot" - it was the kid's own thought. We have NEVER seen Layla do that or make any spontaneous comment/convo. Maybe bc they only interact with her when they need her to perform. And watch out the next child is coming w/ a dick - this kid is going to be ignored even more. In real non fundie world, you'd put this kid in daycare a few days a week simply bc they'd have teachers who'd read to them/talk to them/ask them questions.

If they get the house the will (probably) be staying home more. Hopefully they'll concentrate more on the kids then.

"In real non fundie world, you'd put this kid in daycare a few days a week simply bc they'd have teachers who'd read to them/talk to them/ask them questions."

It seems to me that when these women do ask their kids a question they don't wait for an answer anyway -- they supply it to them, at least when they are filming.

• Love 2

First time I've watched a C&E video since she posted that George Floyd IG - just haven't been interested in them making $. But teary video this week if anyone is interested. Turns out they were quiet around the holidays bc they were sick. Had booked themselves a 2 day babymoon at a Nashville hotel but ended up returning to Evan's family's house in one night bc they were sick and apparently the whole family was sick and laid around for 7 days. Cue LOTS of tears from Carlin about how hard it's been - she's been sick for Thanksgiving; Christmas; New Years; is back on heparin shots blah blah. Uh she's definitely going to be flirting with post partum depression with kid #2 given how miserable she is now, doesn't feel like getting out of bed, doesn't feel like herself etc. Maybe it's finally occurring to her that with 2 kids - slinging a kid on your hip or dropping them off with Michaela and jetting off to Fla or NJ or wherever ain't happening nearly as much; I mean sure she could have Whit's life where kids are are after thought but she doesn't have a stay home husband for that.

Cue LOTS more tears about not getting the house, how it's God's will blah blah. If the housing situation is SUCH a big deal and they clearly are working with a tight budget - unsurprising given that he's just an apprentice - have they heard of renting?? Michael and Brandon live in a rental home so I'm sure C&E could find one too thru a sweet friend or perish the thought there are apartments - prob closer to Knox, as Kelton and Josie lived in a fairly new construction apartment for a while; I'm sure they'd look down on that but a 2 bed apartment gets you more than 600 sqft - I mean usually a 1 bed is more like 800-900 sqft.

As for getting sick - uh you've had Covid in 2020; this could have been it again [bc it sounds like Evan's entire family got it and took over a wk to get better - which doesn't scream cold though colds/flus/RSV are going around too]. How many times do you want to catch this - given that you're pregnant, it can have long term effects on the body, and oh yeah your kid has a heart issue?? They didn't clarify if Layla had it - just that she didn't "really get sick." But you're anti vax + anti mask + won't stop going out including to big hotels with people traveling from all over/constant nails/spas/Sbux/indoor dining??

Edited by cereality
  • Love 10

You just knew it was going to happen. They take zero precautions and then it's all "we got sick!!!" Idiots.

I am afraid Carlin is going to have a rough time adjusting to having 2 kids.  She can barely look after Layla as it is.  Adding a newborn to the mix is not going to go well.

• Love 12

My guess about why they didn't get the house and it is just a guess is that they had  contingencies on the offer most likely financing approval and maybe the other buyers did not.  That house was definitely not a starter home or a fixer upper like Josie's and Kelton's house and Travis's house. These houses looked like smaller homes in a more rural areas and houses that required a ton of work. Travis's house was gutted down to the studs. It's not uncommon for home sellers to have multiple offers over asking price today. If they really want to buy now Carlin and Evan may want to lower their standards and get something that needs work. Otherwise I would advice young couples just starting out to wait awhile to buy.  The housing bubble is bound to burst. It always does. And it you buy a the high end of the market you could be under water in a few years and will be stuck with an overpriced home. In the meantime save save save for the most down payment that you can. I feel for them because as the cost of home buying has gone up so has rent. People are paying an outrageous amount of money for rent and they just can't seem to save up a large down payment. It's a catch 22. 

• Love 10

I agree baby #2 is going to be a disaster. Kids just don't fit into the kind of lifestyle Carlin wants to lead, and she can't stay home for more than five minutes. I'm also wondering what will happen with the Boutique since neither she nor Whit seem to be bothering with it much these days. 

It's a bummer they didn't get the house, but I'm not surprised. It's a seller's market and Carlin's offer probably wasn't competitive. I think they'll be in a better position once Evan finishes school and starts making real money. I'd also recommend Carlin stop frivolously spending on restaurant meals, Starbucks, fake nails and hair extensions. Self-care is great, but sometimes you have to sacrifice for a bigger goal. 

• Love 16

I'm bored, so I use that as my excuse that I watched their video.  Huge mistake.  I skipped through most of it because I can't stand listening to Carlin talk, or mumble through it.  They cut each other off so much too, which adds to the annoyance.  I fear her kids are going to have speech impediments like Erin's because she can't pronounce words.  No wonder she calls herself dumb numerous times in the video.  

Have many friends who have had to "settle" on houses that weren't their dream home because the market is just shit.  Can't blame them for that, but maybe they are being unrealistic in what they can get. 

I actually laughed out loud when Carlin said she was going to focus more on others this year and not herself!  ha ha ha ha  That's hilarious.  Good luck since both are narcissists. 

• Love 11

Lol, I have to backtrack my comment about the boutique. Carlin posted a bunch of stories from a photoshoot. Layla was modeling the kids clothes and she was really cute. Kelly is working there now, which makes me wonder who's taking care of the homeschooling? Is Callie running the house? 

One nitpick that drives me crazy is how Carlin pronounces her kid's name. She drags out the syllables and says "Lllllllayyy-luhhhhhh instead of "Lay-lah." Petty complaint, I know, but it makes my ears bleed. 

• Love 6

Lol, I have to backtrack my comment about the boutique. Carlin posted a bunch of stories from a photoshoot. Layla was modeling the kids clothes and she was really cute. Kelly is working there now, which makes me wonder who's taking care of the homeschooling? Is Callie running the house? 

One nitpick that drives me crazy is how Carlin pronounces her kid's name. She drags out the syllables and says "Lllllllayyy-luhhhhhh instead of "Lay-lah." Petty complaint, I know, but it makes my ears bleed. 

Callie is probably in charge of Whit’s kids too while Addee and Ellie travel to Katie and then Alyssa’s house. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2