Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Just watched Carlin's instagram story about the bridesmaids dress fitting for Katie's wedding. The dresses are very nice. Probably the best that I have seen for a Bates wedding.  Addie looks so grown up. She is turning out to be a lovely young lady. It was very thoughtful of katie to include her in the wedding party. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, sheshark said:

I just watched Carlin’s YouTube from yesterday and there is no doctor visit or Nathan’s tree crash (why I watched it).  Maybe UP isn’t allowing that, or is it somewhere else?

Nathan's tree crash came from one of Esther's brother's social media. Unfortunately, I saw it second hand and couldn't tell you his name. 

I'm pretty sure Carlin talked about the blood draw in her stories yesterday, so it's probably expired by now.

33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nathan's tree crash came from one of Esther's brother's social media. Unfortunately, I saw it second hand and couldn't tell you his name. 

I'm pretty sure Carlin talked about the blood draw in her stories yesterday, so it's probably expired by now.

Thanks, a little worried for the kid.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Just watched Carlin's instagram story about the bridesmaids dress fitting for Katie's wedding. The dresses are very nice. Probably the best that I have seen for a Bates wedding.  Addie looks so grown up. She is turning out to be a lovely young lady. It was very thoughtful of katie to include her in the wedding party. 

The dresses are soooo pretty. I hope they don't ruin them with ridiculous modesty alterations. They're definitely the best I've seen for a Fundie wedding thus far. Given how snug they are, there's no way Carlin is going to fit into the one she was wearing by the time the wedding rolls around. The Bates girls carry small, but she'll still have a pretty sizeable bump by December.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Carlin said that she's going up a size (to a 2) to accommodate her anticipated bump. 

Renee also has to close up those sluttish thigh high slits. 

The dresses are indeed pretty, but sleeveless in December? Brrrr...

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2

The bridesmaid dresses are better than some, just never been a fan of black for a wedding.  I'm sure Katie thinks she is so upscale and chic picking them.  
Addie does look pretty and I get playing dress up for her sisters wedding is fun.  But she's only 15.  Wish they'd stop "whoring" up the younger girls with makeup and heels etc.  So many pedophiles that watch families like that online.  Creepy. 

sluttish thigh high slits, that made me laugh

• Useful 1
On 10/31/2021 at 5:11 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

In Carlin's most recent video, she verified that Nathan crashed into the tree on rehearsal day. Wedding day makes for a better story! 😁

Call him George of the Jungle. Watch out for that tree!

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Where are these photos of the bridesmaids dresses and this "sluttish slit"? I checked YouTube and Instagram for Carlin and nothing about that was there. Thank you all.

The Bates sub-Reddit has a video of the girls trying on the dresses at the boutique warehouse. The original clips are from the girls' Instagram stories which automatically delete after 24 hours. I have to admit the dresses are beautiful and very flattering. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Here's one of Carlin's photos from a while back. I think it's a great dress, and flattering on all the bridesmaids. There's also a very good chance they can re-wear it.

image.png.d9e86d80315e43a8dc3111976a31d511.png

OMG that picture with Lyla in the background makes her look like a doll. She really is tiny.

• Love 1

Carlin and Evan went to pick out their tree tonight.  A real tree.  On November 18.  They say they won’t decorate it until after Thanksgiving but they will be lucky if it has any needles left by Christmas.

I have no issue with people who want to start decorating in November, but if you want a real tree you have to wait until December.  The only way is if you get a real tree with a root ball and plan to plant it after the holidays.  The cut trees just don’t last that long in my experience.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 8

They must be going to Evan's family next weekend, and the weekend after that is Katie's wedding. That's the only reason I could see for them getting a tree now. I haven't driven by where our local tree lot is since Sunday. I suppose it will go up this weekend? 

I decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My tree is fake. 😁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They must be going to Evan's family next weekend, and the weekend after that is Katie's wedding. That's the only reason I could see for them getting a tree now. I haven't driven by where our local tree lot is since Sunday. I suppose it will go up this weekend? 

I decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My tree is fake. 😁

Big gender reveal this weekend! Evan’s family is coming to town, Carlin mentioned getting out the air mattresses, I can’t imagine they are all staying in Carlin’s tiny house. But with the Bates you never know.

• Useful 1

Carlin is setting up for her gender reveal on her Instagram stories. Mother Earth is going to weep over the amount of single-use decorations that'll be cluttering a dumpster by Monday.

I've also noticed her pregnancy is really starting to show. I don't say that to body shame, I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to fit into a size 2 body-con dress in two weeks. Hopefully she ordered a couple different sizes just to be safe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin is setting up for her gender reveal on her Instagram stories. Mother Earth is going to weep over the amount of single-use decorations that'll be cluttering a dumpster by Monday.

Poor Mother Earth, I think the same thing.  They use so much plastic, non reusable items. 

Laughed how Carlin had to explain the whole balloon/dart thing.  Yeah Einstein, we get it.  Didn't think you were going to gnaw on the balloons to open them.   

• LOL 6

Carlin posted a video on her instagram of family Charades night . A bunch of dumb racists laughing when one of these cretins yells out George Floyd as a clue for hunting in a family game of chrades.  Just to show their ignorance even more Mr. Floyd was not the person who was chased down and shot. Carlin has since removed the video and issued what she calls an apology for posting the video.  I'm sure even Carlin is mindful of how this could damage their brand. It is really disturbing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

She is probably freaking out.  Her "brand" is what saves her from living paycheque to paycheque on Evan's apprentice electrician salary.  If that goes away they are screwed. 

I imagine she is far more upset about the possibility of losing endorsements and followers than about being perceived as racist.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, So unbelievable said:

Isn't KJ's sister black?  Would love to know her feelings on this video.

Kelly hung a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest in her "Patriotic Room" several years ago. She claimed ignorance about who he was. Sure, Jan. 

As for Carlin, it's all about saving her gig. She's probably as racist as the rest of them. Even worse, UP was filming.

• Love 9

I think this show and the money mean everything to the Bates. 

I’m sure Carlin was given a talking to about her posts. 

Now they wait to see just what the fallout will be!  If it goes away then nothing. If it blows up then we’ll see. 

They are getting a bit of a reprieve because after the Josh Dugger scandal most everything else the fundies do isn’t quite So Much!

They have seen the Duggers crash and burn and do not want that happening to themselves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kelly hung a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest in her "Patriotic Room" several years ago. She claimed ignorance about who he was. Sure, Jan. 

As for Carlin, it's all about saving her gig. She's probably as racist as the rest of them. Even worse, UP was filming.

Sure Jan 🤣  They play ignorant so very well.  

UP needs to take note of that.  I wonder how many of them called Covid the China flu and if that bothered little Tiffany?  You are so right about them being more racist than they would ever let on.  Why do I follow this pathetic family?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Wow. How very Christian and "pro-life." 

I don't know which male made that joke - consensus seems to be Trace - but the casual way he tossed it out, and the fact that no one even flinched, reveals a lot about how this family sees people of color.

Not only did they not flinch they laughed. And yes they are probably pissed at Carlin for posting that video and outing their racist behavior instead of being outraged at the Bates son who shouted this despicable utterance. 

• Love 8

I watched their latest camping video. It must just be dumb luck that something hasn’t happened to Layla. They camped very close to a creek/lake/river and even acknowledge when they got there that they had to watch her. But at night while trying to light the fire, she’s touching the grill which wasn’t yet hot but would be. I would’ve just not let her touch it. Then she’s wandering out of frame in the near dark while they sit in front of the camera. Then when it’s completely dark, they are making s’mores facing the fire while Layla wanders around behind them. At times, it’s so dark you can’t even see her. They don’t even turn their heads. I don’t know how she didn’t end up in the water. I guess Izzy spent the night in the car b/c she was talked about but not seen until morning. I looked in the comments to see if anyone else mentioned it but either I was the only one worried or they deleted any nasty comments. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Kelly may have an African American adopted sister but her mother made that decision way after Kelly had left home. Kelly's Mom's actions didn't include any input from Kelly that we know of. She very well may not have been 'happy' with her mother's decision. They all made "nice-nice" for that wedding episode when her sister married...but we don't know the real dynamics there. Kelly hardly, if ever, mentions her mother that I can recall. I don't see her sister and husband in any of the wedding photos that are posted either. I wonder why not?

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

We've been discussing Carlin in the Duggar forum. I hope the assholes lose all their IG partners and the Bates lose their show. This isn't an oops, or an unintentional microaggression, its straight up racism. Its all so very gross and infuriating.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Unless UP! decides to air a very special "Insurrection Day" episode, I'm afraid this family's ugly beliefs will remain hidden from the majority of viewers.

Maybe UP isn't so upset about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm having trouble accessing IG. Has Carlin's content changed at all? IIRC, Carlin, Alyssa and Josie increase their shilling this time of year.

Nope.  They are all showing how they are decorating their homes, how cute the kids are, and giving all kinds of codes for various merchandise.  Carlin did a promotion last night for some Dock-a Tot knockoff- they don't typically do that on Sundays.