Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

On 8/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, VioletWitch said:

Good Lord. A video about health concerns for their daughter interrupted by Carlin & Evan hair flipping, dancing and showing off for the camera. What is wrong with these two? I generally like the Bates kids (at least compared to the Duggars) but these two are loathsome. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 5

I watched their last 2 videos - the ones they post on YouTube on Saturdays. They posted one last Sat as well, shot the week prior. Damn they have moved around a lot. Evan went to Walmart to buy roses for Layla's 6 month birthday on July 31 (eyeroll -- cue the creepy daddy daughter relationship); at that same time Alyssa is shown visiting and sitting in their house. Then his sister shows up with 4 school age nieces for a surprise visit. IDK that his sister would have stayed with him given their cottage like living situation yet those 5 guests spent HOURS at his house bc he talked about how his neices sang Layla to sleep in the afternoon and then on video they do it again at night. So that's a lot of people basically sitting in that family room all day and guess they never got the memo that singing expels lots of aersols/spit. And then he's showing going to class and then at night going to play spikeball with the Bates which I understand is an outdoor game but it's an outdoor game using one ball and honestly I don't believe that they wouldn't handle the ball touched by 8 other people and then wipe off their faces or say -- hey let's go to the convenience store and get snacks after the game -- and eat them right there with unwashed/unsanitized hands.

I hope Alyssa and her kids have been tested because it looks like she and Ally were hanging at Carlin's house within the 2 week span that's important.

Not trying to point fingers as we all know how prevalent this disease is yet I don't get why they and both of their families are acting like the pandemic is over . . . I mean who shows up to visit someone as a surprise DURING A PANDEMIC?? No one knows where you or your kids have been, nor do the visitors know where the hosts have been?? And as for Carlin and masks IDK what is going on there but she's had an issue the whole time. At the airport, at the drs office etc. -- doesn't even look like she wears masks below her face for comfort; it looks like she buys masks that are 2 sizes too big and then they end up gapping down below her nose and sometimes even her mouth; I guess it is then one of those -- hey I'm wearing a mask technically but it's totally self defeating.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

She needs to get her mask over her nose.  No wonder they had COVID.  Ignoramuses both.

In the words of the guy I've been dating-ish because what do you call it in a pandemic (who watched the videos just to placate me): "She always has her mouth open trying to be cute. She's probably spreading COVID-19 germs faster than an opera singer with a lisp."

• LOL 10

So Carlin posted an IG story gushing about how great it is to have Layla back and the 3 of them are together again. Uh -- where the hell was she?? She had said in People that she had been in Nashville but when there were positives in Evan's family there, they brought her home. Ok so who did they farm her out to next?? I get it they were sick and needed childcare help -- but did they just drop off a kid who had been exposed at the Bates house or with Michaela?? Fortunately the kid has tested negative but she's been around a lot of people -- between her parents, Evan's entire family etc. -- and now we're just subjecting more people to her??

Edited by cereality
  • Love 3

The latest You Tube video is up.  I'm calling bullshit. Carlin in bed saying she looks a mess with lip gloss and mascara and an arm full of bracelets.

Evan getting a positive test result even though he was asymptomatic and staying in the car all day.  Looking at Layla through the window.  Then the two of them sleeping in the car in his parents' driveway.

So many holes in the story.  Apparently when Carlin started to feel sick she went to stay at another unnamed house.  The People story says they were home and Layla was in Nashville, but the video shows they were both in Nashville.  God only knows what really happened. 

ETA:  Evan supposedly tested positive and parks in his parents' driveway.  His sister comes out to get Layla's milk and sprays the bag and each milk bag with Lysol.  His father uses one of those reaching devices to put food out for Evan. Comic effect.  BUT NO ONE IS WEARING A FREAKING MASK. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

The latest You Tube video is up.  I'm calling bullshit. Carlin in bed saying she looks a mess with lip gloss and mascara and an arm full of bracelets.

Evan getting a positive test result even though he was asymptomatic and staying in the car all day.  Looking at Layla through the window.  Then the two of them sleeping in the car in his parents' driveway.

So many holes in the story.  Apparently when Carlin started to feel sick she went to stay at another unnamed house.  The People story says they were home and Layla was in Nashville, but the video shows they were both in Nashville.  God only knows what really happened. 

ETA:  Evan supposedly tested positive and parks in his parents' driveway.  His sister comes out to get Layla's milk and sprays the bag and each milk bag with Lysol.  His father uses one of those reaching devices to put food out for Evan. Comic effect.  BUT NO ONE IS WEARING A FREAKING MASK. 

I did not watch,  but did they address how if Evan was in the car all day and they slept in the car in the driveway, where did they use a bathroom??

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I did not watch,  but did they address how if Evan was in the car all day and they slept in the car in the driveway, where did they use a bathroom??

No.  They showed Carlin brushing her teeth and washing her face outside using the hose to rinse off, but that was all.  It was obviously staged.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Given how these two think that everything has to be documented, I am surprised that wasn't more of the focus. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

That video comes across like they're playing it both ways.

To People they had already said that Layla was "visiting family" when mom even became symptomatic so she wasn't in any danger from Carlin's symptoms; and in the video Evan is sitting in his parents' driveway saying he was coming to Nashville anyway to stay the weekend and "visit Layla" (WTF -- does she live in Nashville now??). Yet to play the poor heartbroken new parents without their baby -- cue Evan going on about I've missed Layla soooo much, it's already been a week; and cue Carlin arriving to touch Layla's hands thru the glass . . . . Uh morons she was going to be away this week ANYWAY because you sent her away, remember??

And didn't Evan have to get tested earlier this summer because someone at his work tested positive and while he told Carlin that news from his car 6 ft away, when he got home from testing (which was NOT a rapid test so he didn't know he was negative), he walked straight into the house? He told Carlin then that the nurse said he didn't need to separate from wife/baby bc he's already been with them for days so if he's pre symptomatic but positive, he's exposed them already? Why didn't that advice apply here? Why rent some unsuspecting person's AirBnB and have Carlin living there for days (I suspect that's what the "other house" was)? If she had been around Evan for days leading up, then why separate at all.

I get why they thought they should leave Layla with the inlaws since she hadn't been around her mother in days -- I mean if you're the type who'll send your breastfeeding infant away to a house that reminded me of a clown car. Out of that house we saw TWO of Evan's sisters come out and a slew of nieces and nephews. Uh it's a PANDEMIC -- must everyone be visiting everyone non stop??

And then cue drama queen Evan -- omg what do I do BY MYSELF for 24 hours. Uh you have a car -- you can sit, listen to the radio (and dad can leave you a gas can if you run out of gas doing this), dad can also probably run extension cords from the side of the house to you and you can plug in a laptop, you can sleep/text etc. But no we need drama llama shots of sad lonely Evan hitting golf balls and playing spike ball alone . . . . And then genius decides, hey let's kill time by driving 6 hrs round trip to go get his uncomfortable symptomatic wife . . . . Uh if she isn't feeling well, does she really want to sit in a car for the 14 or so hours left including sleeping in the car overnight rather than in bed? And given that she isn't feeling well, brushing teeth and washing her face with a hose is THAT important for her nighttime ritual? You think she'd be like whatever -- if the pores are dirty for one night, then they are; if that leads to acne, oh well I'll deal with it later when I'm WELL.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, crazy8s said:

They are too godly to ever need a toilet.  That is, unless they are throwing up for the only godly reason - morning sickness!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think Evan and Carlin thrive off drama, so they set up unnecessarily complicated situations to maximize the attention. For all of their "we miss Layla sooooo much" neither seems to give a rat's ass when they're dumping her off on the grandparents. If they're so disinterested in their first baby, I can't imagine how bad they'll be with the third, fourth, fifth, etc. 

They really should've waited two or three years into their marriage before they had kids. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Evan and Carlin thrive off drama, so they set up unnecessarily complicated situations to maximize the attention. For all of their "we miss Layla sooooo much" neither seems to give a rat's ass when they're dumping her off on the grandparents. If they're so disinterested in their first baby, I can't imagine how bad they'll be with the third, fourth, fifth, etc. 

They really should've waited two or three years into their marriage before they had kids. 

Or perhaps waited two or three years into their relationship (and their TWENTIES) before they got married! 

• Love 8
On 8/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, BitterApple said:

Carlin has always (at least since we've seen her on 19KAC and the Bates' own shows) wanted spotlight. One can certainly understand that with being in the middlish of 19 kids that she would want someone to pay attention to her and have things of her own. A husband and baby are just that. She now finally has something for Carlin. Now with Layla's health issues, Carlin gets to have even more attention. People offer advice, prayers, and even praise through her social media videos. It has to give her some sense of importance and attention that she has seriously craved. 

They should have waited. It wasn't in their m.o. to do that though. After months of wedding planning, graduation from Liberty, destination engagement, wedding showers, photo shoots, and a fancy wedding that got televised, She got dancing lessons that weren't just time spent with her true love but her parents too. Carlin wasn't ever going to be a wife and pursue anything other than making babies. 

I can't really speak to Evan other than he appears to have been coddled and treated like Carlin always wanted to be.  

It is doubtful either of them thought about what the real day to day life would be with a baby, bills, and adulting in general. I would hope that they would have gained more common sense and abilities, but I doubt they would have even if they waited until 30.  

• Love 5

Plus after the whirlwind of attention @RebeccatheWriter mentions -- everything from Evan writing songs to ask her to court and then again for engagement, whisking her off to Maine for the engagement, wedding planning and dress shopping where she was for once the center of attention, dance lessons with dad, showers, wedding, and then the honeymoon in the DR followed by another trip that summer to Charleston, you know when they finally got home and settled into their cottage -- they BOTH missed the non stop attention. So they compensated with the weekly YT videos etc. But what gets non stop attention in fundie culture? Pregnancy -- where people are constantly cooing over you and asking how you feel plus that comes with another round of showers; and then the attention continues for the first year or so while the kid is cute and not running like an annoying big kid yet -- bc you tote them around like a Gucci bag. 

As annoying as they are as parents, you'd think Layla has been around for years but it's only been 8 freaking mos. Carlin has already made noise about how she'd have a dozen. Uh you both can't handle the ONE you have unless she's looking perfectly cute and happy to take IG pics with. Otherwise you pawn her off on your inlaws for weekends -- like at least 3 times in one summer?! You let it be known if she's fussy or has a cold or had a sleepless night as if these things were unheard of. In one video you went on and on about how you feel like you live at the pediatricians office because you've been there weekly for 3 weeks -- uh yeah C&E that's what parents do.

Yet reality is in that clan you only get attention for the first 6 mos or so of the baby's life. May be longer with Layla because everyone is worried about her heart condition -- so say it's more like 1 yr. By this Thanksgiving and Christmas the attention will start to wane esp when pregnant-after-heart-procedures Alyssa shows up 6-7 mos pregnant and everyone is cooing over her and even moreso if it turns out she's having a boy finally. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if these 2 get knocked up by Nov, which incidentally is perfect timing for announcing at the end of Jan 2021 at Layla's 1st birthday party, and there's a new Stewart by this time next year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2020 at 1:10 AM, 3 is enough said:

https://people.com/tv/carlin-bates-reveals-she-and-her-husband-evan-stewart-were-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/

Interesting bit of info:

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

Why was she staying with her grandparents AGAIN?  When they went to visit Joy Carlin made a big fuss over how hard it was to leave her baby, and then she turned around and did the same thing a couple of weeks later. 

These two are definitely not mature enough to be parents.  Poor Layla.

Isn’t it interesting that Carlin has 6 million “close” family members, yet the baby is always with his family? And she whines about being in the hospital all alone with Meningitis and apparently none of her family visited? This was pre-lockdown. Her parents couldn’t be bothered to come home from vacation to make sure their daughter and granddaughter, both hospitalized, were OK, but did send a gift basket with stuffed animals. 🙄 Makes me wonder just how close this family is off screen. 

• Love 7

Just because someone has lots of family members doesn't mean they are worth anything. And her parents have shown that they are only interested in furthering their Gothard agenda and they have favorite children. It's like the Christian version of Hunger Games, "who will win the parental seal of approval and support?".

I think they favor Lawson and a few others. Not stellar parents by any means.

And as far as her meningitis diagnosis, her parents were away on vacation? Vacation from what? Her parents don't work anymore do they?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 9

My youngest cousin on my mom's side is like this. She wants family parties each month and talks on social media about how close we all are and wants to be close. To her the close family angle is the epitome of the perfect life she wants to portray. 

I'm the cousin who never attends. I send a card...maybe. I've been hurt by family too many times. If my cousin is the Carlin of the family, I wonder which Bates is me?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Just because someone has lots of family members doesn't mean they are worth anything. And her parents have shown that they are only interested in furthering their Gothard agenda and they have favorite children. It's like the Christian version of Hunger Games, "who will win the parental seal of approval and support?".

I think they favor Lawson and a few others. Not stellar parents by any means.

And as far as her meningitis diagnosis, her parents were away on vacation? Vacation from what? Her parents don't work anymore do they?

Who knows? That’s what she said in her YouTube video. It struck me that there was no mention of any siblings (except Erin who briefly took Layla) and it was always his family that stepped in to help. Of course things aren’t what they seem on TV, and I’m not sure Carlin is aware that she is exposing that or simply doesn’t care. 

• Love 2
On 8/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I told Carlin to wear her mask properly. Even Evan managed that. She doesn't cover her nose at all.

Carlin likes her face way too much to cover it.  She makes Covid look like a fun thing with a fun little breathing apparatus.  She's disgusting.  You too Evan. 

• Love 4

And they were back in Nashville yet again this weekend as Evan’s bro posted IG videos of him, Evan and their brothers in law at Top Golf and Carlin later posted videos of driving back on Sunday night. Damn they’re really enjoying being able to go to his parents bc they know they can dump off Layla for the weekend and go have fun with little worry. They simply don’t get that w G&K who wouldn’t personally babysit; at most they’d oversee a sister who was babysitting and the only choices now are like Addie or Ellie since Katie is too busy pining over Travis, the rest have boatloads of their own kids and aren’t taking Carlin’s on the weekend, and I’m guessing Michael has drawn some kind of line which suggests she’ll only take Layla every so often or else we’d surely see her at M&Bs house every weekend.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Carlin's Instagram stories show that she and Layla (and I assume Evan too) are on their way to visit Joy.  Seriously, do these people ever stay home?  And how can they afford the constant travel?  The photos show they were flying commercial, not Bates Air.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin's Instagram stories show that she and Layla (and I assume Evan too) are on their way to visit Joy.  Seriously, do these people ever stay home?  And how can they afford the constant travel?  The photos show they were flying commercial, not Bates Air.

Their YouTube videos must pay very well. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

And have they forgotten the PANDEMIC?? I suppose it doesn't matter now because they've had it but has every single person they constantly visit had it?? How about freaking Layla you know with the heart condition?? She didn't test positive earlier -- so shouldn't they REALLY breathe a sigh of relief she didn't catch it and REALLY hunker down now? But no mommy has to fly to visit her bestie AGAIN and there she is in Joy's house -- Layla and Gideon sharing food and smacking each others hands in the other's face (like kids are apt to do), Austin has been working God knows where surrounded by whom. Joy has probably been around her giant family at some point. And of course Evan couldn't just stay home, he went to Nashville because wifey was out of town so there he is with the 20 members of his family!? And all of this comes after last week's trip with Evan's family to Orlando. They posted an IG video of stopping at Target to buy masks because they were "required." The only masked pics of them were they day they were at Animal Kingdom -- because I suspect Disney requires it. And then there were all these videos of them at those sketchy road side carnivals that pop up along International Drive etc. where they are maskless with carnival employees standing right over them -- also maskless -- buckling them in etc.

• Love 2

How desperate are Carlin and Evan for vlog topics? They posted an IG question saying tell us your assumptions about us and we'll explain them away. Uh do you WANT people to be mean to you? Well my assumption is that you 2 have not one ounce of critical thinking between you; you blindly follow church because God; you have no curiosities; can never conceive living away from Tennessee to get your own life experience because MOMMY and DADDY (both Bates and Stewarts); and you'll raise your own daughter and all future kids that way. So go ahead -- tell me how I'm wrong and all the degrees you're prepping to attain and all the travel you are planning/saving for?

• Love 15

I just took a look at Layla's birthday pictures.  OMG what the hell did they dress that poor little girl in?  Looks like a sheer white tutu over her diaper and an eyelet doily in a triangle shape that left her arms and torso bare.  In February.  Layla and Willow are going to look at their baby photos some day and say "Mom, what WERE you thinking?"

They got her a puppy and promptly skipped town a week later to go skiing.  Poor little dog.  

I can't deal with these two.  They are kids playing house with a real baby and a real puppy.  I really hope for all their sakes that she doesn't get pregnant again for a while.  Adding a newborn to this mix would be just awful.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I just took a look at Layla's birthday pictures.  OMG what the hell did they dress that poor little girl in?  Looks like a sheer white tutu over her diaper and an eyelet doily in a triangle shape that left her arms and torso bare.  In February.  Layla and Willow are going to look at their baby photos some day and say "Mom, what WERE you thinking?"

They got her a puppy and promptly skipped town a week later to go skiing.  Poor little dog.  

I can't deal with these two.  They are kids playing house with a real baby and a real puppy.  I really hope for all their sakes that she doesn't get pregnant again for a while.  Adding a newborn to this mix would be just awful.

I agree, I was also surprised with how Layla was dressed. It's a nice enough outfit... for SUMMER. Carlin and Evan are very immature, childish and not responsible enough to be raising a family at this time in their lives. I also hope she doesn't get knocked up again any time soon. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin barely cares about her kid, why did they get a dog?

Clickbait. They posted that they were adding to their family but surprisingly it wasn’t a baby but instead a puppy.

• Useful 1

Layla has graduated to the big kid class at Sunday School with all the walkers. Carlin put a bunch of photos up on Instagram.  

OMG the outfit! I have no words.  That poor little girl is going to look back on these photos and cringe.

Her clothes always look uncomfortable and inappropriate for the weather. She is a little girl, not a doll. It just drives me crazy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

OMG what the hell is she wearing? I couldn't describe it if I tried! Poor kid!

It was like Michaela had a seizure and the sewing machine exploded. (No, Michaela didn't sew that thing - she has better abilities than that.)

• LOL 4