Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I saw Carlin's stories and both Zach and Whit looked MAJORLY annoyed. They were trying to work and get shit done and Carlin's being loud and stomping around all over the place. It's like she can't be alone for five seconds, so let's go to Zach's house and record, even though it's clearly not an appropriate time for a social visit. 

• Love 6

What’s her sudden problem with being alone? She posted an attention seeking IG pic crying bc E was leaving for work at 645 am. Funny up until a few weeks ago she’d tell us E leaves around 6 am and she and Layla would picture themselves rolling out of bed at 10 am. Now she’s suddenly up crying at 6 am bc her man has to leave her and go to work?? How on earth is she going to handle it when she’s getting up at 1, 4, and 6 am with a newborn and her man STILL has to go to work? I wouldn’t be shocked if they moved into G&K’s house for a few weeks post birth bc she’s so “overwhelmed.” I mean they do crash there already a few times/month when they’re over there late w Z&W.

I mean this isn’t a Jill Duggar situation where she had never been in a house alone when she married so she’d meet him for lunch daily and often spend a 1/2 day in his work parking lot. These fools have been married for 3 yrs and E has had school/work the whole time so it isn’t new; sure before she had Katie but it’s not like Katie spent 40 hrs/wk at her house.

As for Z&W I’m willing to bet they wrapped up at the store and W was like I’m going to head to the house bc it’s still early and I’ve been meaning to paint the windows and Carlin said omg I’ll come too. And this is family + polite passive aggressive TN fundies so it’s not like Whit could say - today’s not good it’s a work day, we‘ll have you over soon - and it’s not like C can read the room, ever, let alone now in her depressive state. I always said don’t W and Carlin get sick of each other - work, double dates, hanging out after work etc. Maybe W is getting slightly sick of her now that Carlin’s time isn’t being split btwn W and Katie. Maybe W is like - uh just spent 2+ days w you in ATL + 2 whole days at work, I just need to be without you/your constant attention seeking chatter in my house for a few hrs . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9

The heartless bitch that I am, I feel no sympathy for Carlin at all.  So they don't have a house.  So what!  How many super young couples own a house?  Maybe if they planned better, and not just prayed, they would be able to focus on a house and not their growing family.  

Her clingy, emotional Instagram of Evan leaving for work was over the top.  It is pathetic how much attention she needs.  Chalk it up to always having family around and not being happy with yourself.  I'd be embarrassed if I was Evan.   

Makes me wonder how Gil would have reacted to KJ doing that years ago when he left to work his tree business and left KJ melting down at their small home with the kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Layla got into Carlin's makeup.  What a mess!  There was stuff everywhere and her little face was just caked with it.  The comments are interesting.  Most people just laughed and said how precious she was, but quite a few said it was time to put that stuff out of reach.  

I have seen other stories where she got into the makeup bag, but not quite to that extent.  They should have put a stop to it right away.  Instead, Carlin always talks about how cute it is that Layla is obsessed with makeup.  Gee, I wonder why?  

As far as their house hunt goes, I do feel for them in the sense that the market is making it extremely difficult for anyone who wants to buy these days.  But given how much they spend on clothes, makeup, and going out to eat it's no wonder they don't have enough saved to make a competitive offer.  If they really want a house there are sacrifices to be made.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I mean the real estate market is competitive but honestly how many STUDENTS can buy a house ever - competitive market or not? Like I get it he's ~27 with a wife and two kids so he SHOULD have a house but have they forgotten that he started school at 22 basically when he realized - oh $hit being a secretary in a medical office won't provide for Carlin and our half dozen kids, I better find a profession? I do wonder if some of this is some unsaid "competition" with Katie and Alyssa. After all Katie's husband hasn't even graduated and bought a house and yet that's because daddy bought a house for him [either directly or by upping his "payroll" at the family school so much that he could afford to buy as a 20 yr old]. Since Evan's daddy isn't doing that, there's no comparison.  And w/ John there really should be no comparison as he bought around age 30-31, they were renting the whole time prior to that, and he actually didn't start in HVAC at age 27 - I think he went to HVAC trade school right out of high school and started in his early 20s, so he had ten years of planning and savings under his belt when he bought. These fools - if they don't buy pre-graduation will act totally aggrieved if he's been an electrician for an entire year and doesn't have a house.

They need to calm down. If you don't get a house now, you'll get one in six months or a year or two years - is it really the end of the world? If you need more space for a family of four - uh RENT a house or bigger apartment??

• Love 10
2 hours ago, cereality said:

. These fools - if they don't buy pre-graduation will act totally aggrieved if he's been an electrician for an entire year and doesn't have a house.

They need to calm down. If you don't get a house now, you'll get one in six months or a year or two years - is it really the end of the world? If you need more space for a family of four - uh RENT a house or bigger apartment??

They would have more flexibility as to where he will find work without a house too. Unless he already has a employer lined up. I wouldn't think he'd begin as a freelancer. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The interesting thing for me about the video was that Layla reacted when spoken to, and actually responded.

I think she’s been a lot more chatty lately—more so than just repeating whatever word or phrase they want her to. I find her so adorable!

• Love 5

Yes Layla smeared makeup on herself, her clothes, Carlin's clothes, the bedroom rug and the door. Guess what? Carlin and Evan just laughed about it, idiots. Did it ever occur to these morons that Layla could have ingested this? How do you cean a shag rug that has been smeared with brown makeup?  I guess they will throw it our and buy a new one. Ihave never seen any of her sisters laughing about their children doing this. 

• Love 6

Carlin also once showed the IG requisite kid gets into flour post, so I'm doubting Layla got into Carlin's make-up unnoticed. Carlin likely left it within reach, gave her time to make a mess, while she was spying from around the corner - voila, a kid gets into make-up post.

• Love 8

Layla is definitely a prop for their SM. I’m wondering what impact Baby Boy is going to have on all this. Carlin and Evan are still so immature but I don’t know that the change in dynamics Baby Boy will bring is going to make them change their ways.

• Love 4

The boutique did a "cash and carry" sale to get rid of overstock, out of season and damaged items. I've never worked retail, so maybe I'm off, but it seemed like they had a TON of inventory they were trying to unload. Everything was just dumped in boxes, so people had to bend over and sift through items that were sitting on the floor. Very classy, lol. I guess Carlin and Whit didn't want to dip into the Starbucks budget to buy a few folding tables. 

I wonder how much they're actually selling?

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The boutique did a "cash and carry" sale to get rid of overstock, out of season and damaged items. I've never worked retail, so maybe I'm off, but it seemed like they had a TON of inventory they were trying to unload. Everything was just dumped in boxes, so people had to bend over and sift through items that were sitting on the floor. Very classy, lol. I guess Carlin and Whit didn't want to dip into the Starbucks budget to buy a few folding tables. 

Carlin posted  in her stories that they’re thinking of doing it once a month, or every other month.

078F3E9D-C316-4965-A9BA-572E44832C4F.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

That's a lot of clothes that people are digging through. With all of the people who work in this boutique why not organize the clothes better. Get some folding tables and racks for the "better" clothes and put the stained and damaged things in boxes. Hand out paper bags and say all you can stuff in a bag for $5 like they do for book sales. The. key here is to move as much as you can in one day. Not have people rumage through boxes and purchase one or two items. 

• Love 11
On 2/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, BitterApple said:

It did seem like a LOT of inventory left over.  Guess they had big dreams of selling more of their prairie clothes than they actually did.  Agree, pretty tacky way of holding the event.  Get some tables and racks.  If they have that much leftover after each season, they are not very good at ordering. How many friends/family are going to come every month/other month to look at the same clothes?

I don't understand how they can't use a laundry cloth to clean the makeup off when they play dress up/model to take pictures. However, they don't know how to clean, so what was I thinking 🙄

• Love 4
On 2/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, 65mickey said:

Yes Layla smeared makeup on herself, her clothes, Carlin's clothes, the bedroom rug and the door. Guess what? Carlin and Evan just laughed about it, idiots. Did it ever occur to these morons that Layla could have ingested this? How do you cean a shag rug that has been smeared with brown makeup?  I guess they will throw it our and buy a new one. Ihave never seen any of her sisters laughing about their children doing this. 

Maybe they should be concerned rather than taking pictures, but I'm glad they're taking this in stride and hopefully not punishing her too severely.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Dehumidifier said:

Damaged might just mean a seam has come apart or a hem is falling. Easily fixable.

Yes I know a lot of people. 

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Thankfully the make up smearing didn't happen in Alyssa's house!

Well John has stated that his girls are very obedient so they probably aren’t allowed to play with makeup. Alyssa is not a dingbat like Carlin so she most likely keeps her makeup where the girls can’t get at it. Evan and Carlin shouldn’t be punishing Layla, they need to not laugh and encourage her. And put your stuff away!

• Love 7

Something compelled me to watch their video this week. Apparently, they have found the perfect house, but it's on a 90 day contingency of the sellers finding a place. They're about 30 days in so far with no luck. 

They're asking people to pray for them. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Something compelled me to watch their video this week. Apparently, they have found the perfect house, but it's on a 90 day contingency of the sellers finding a place. They're about 30 days in so far with no luck. 

They're asking people to pray for them. 

I really hope it works out for them because Carlin is emotionally fragile. At a point Carlin said she didn’t have a crib yet. What happened to Layla’s crib? She’s 2 years old and can use a toddler bed, they are not expensive. All they have to do is buy a new mattress for the crib. Problem solved.

I understand wanting more space, I’m a space hog. Our house is two stories, 3 bedrooms, just 3 of us. I still complain about needing more space. However, this is what we have and we make it work.

Instead of insisting on buying a home they perhaps can barely afford, they should work with their current space or move to a larger rental. They are going to keep the baby in a bassinet in their room. I don’t see the need for a nursery. Carlin just wants to keep up with her married sisters. It must be exhausting to be in that mode while pregnant. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin just wants to keep up with her married sisters. It must be exhausting to be in that mode while pregnant. 

I was just about to say that. I think this is 10% Carlin really wanting to purchase and 90% wanting to keep pace with her sisters. I understand it's frustrating when you feel like you're bursting at the seams, but when are Carlin and Evan really ever at home? They're always at church, the boutique, Kelly's or traveling. Layla's a toddler and the new baby will be sleeping most of the time. It's not like Carlin's in Erin's position where four/five kids are stuffed in one bedroom. 

Part of me thinks the real issue is Carlin regrets getting pregnant with #2, and that's manifesting as anxiety over the house. I'm not saying she doesn't want the baby or anything that extreme, just that it's starting to sink in how much harder life will be. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

There is a simple solution to having more space. Stop having babies until you can afford a larger home or apartment. For first time home buyers this is a rough market. Maybe wait a few years and save more money toward a larger down payment and make do for now. Just stop with popping out a baby every couple of years. Layla and the new baby can share a room for awhile. 

• Love 10

I don't think this "house" situation is something that they should be asking for prayers for. It's not a grave matter. It's a want...not a need at this point. I had 2 children in a 2 bedroom villa type unit. They shared for a while; no problem. (2 sons.) Why can't they do this? Carlin is silly IMO.

I also believe that with the show being cancelled, their clothing business will dwindle. I hope they are not counting on income from this to afford a new house.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Part of me thinks the real issue is Carlin regrets getting pregnant with #2, and that's manifesting as anxiety over the house. I'm not saying she doesn't want the baby or anything that extreme, just that it's starting to sink in how much harder life will be. 

Yes. There was a video in which she was saying that Layla was just becoming a little person now and she enjoyed having actual conversations with her. She probably feels that she will end up not having so much of that with the new baby.

16 hours ago, SMama said:

Instead of insisting on buying a home they perhaps can barely afford, they should work with their current space or move to a larger rental. They are going to keep the baby in a bassinet in their room. I don’t see the need for a nursery. Carlin just wants to keep up with her married sisters. It must be exhausting to be in that mode while pregnant. 

It was mentioned that storage was the main problem with their current place and that they might end up staying a while more and getting a shed for the property. I think it was Evan who said that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Yes. There was a video in which she was saying that Layla was just becoming a little person now and she enjoyed having actual conversations with her. She probably feels that she will end up not having so much of that with the new baby.

It was mentioned that storage was the main problem with their current place and that they might end up staying a while more and getting a shed for the property. I think it was Evan who said that.

Considering that their financial picture has become cloudier with the cancellation of the show, it would make sense for them to wait and see what happens to their budget now that the show is gone.  Renting a storage space or building a shed in the yard are sensible options since their lives are in a state of flux right now.  Which probably means they'll buy a house and struggle to pay the mortgage instead.

Isn't the new baby going to be a boy?  Carlin and Evan probably would have the vapors if their baby boy had to sleep in a room with pink trim and ruffles.  Who knows what that might lead to?  Carlin is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  I could see her not wanting the kids to share a room, even as infants/toddlers because she couldn't choo choo train/airplane/car it up for a boy or ballerina/princess/ baby doll things for a girl.

I shared a bedroom with my younger brother for a year or two when he was still in the crib until he graduated to a real bed and we both turned out straight.  I'm not sure Carlin would want to risk that her kids wouldn't.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Considering that their financial picture has become cloudier with the cancellation of the show, it would make sense for them to wait and see what happens to their budget now that the show is gone.  Renting a storage space or building a shed in the yard are sensible options since their lives are in a state of flux right now.  Which probably means they'll buy a house and struggle to pay the mortgage instead.

Isn't the new baby going to be a boy?  Carlin and Evan probably would have the vapors if their baby boy had to sleep in a room with pink trim and ruffles.  Who knows what that might lead to?  Carlin is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  I could see her not wanting the kids to share a room, even as infants/toddlers because she couldn't choo choo train/airplane/car it up for a boy or ballerina/princess/ baby doll things for a girl.

I shared a bedroom with my younger brother for a year or two when he was still in the crib until he graduated to a real bed and we both turned out straight.  I'm not sure Carlin would want to risk that her kids wouldn't.

I shared a room with my younger brother until I was 10 and he was 5. No decorations and plain white sheets. Yes, I'm female.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I shared a room with my younger brother until I was 10 and he was 5. No decorations and plain white sheets. Yes, I'm female.

I shared with my brother in the early 60's and virtually all bedsheets were white! My mom had 5 kids in 7 years, I was 2nd, my brother 4th and I think my mother was too tired to decorate.  There also weren't all the kids' themed bedroom decor that is around today.  We had some plaques on the wall with Mother Goose characters and that was about it.  My bedspread was chenille, pink, I think.

The current trend to over-decorate (IMO) children's rooms is unnecessary, The Bates; girls all do that neutral greige thing with hints of pale pink or blue that is popular currently but seems wasteful to me and will look outdated in the next year or two, Now get off my lawn.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I shared with my brother in the early 60's and virtually all bedsheets were white! 

Yes, it was in the early 60s and there was much excitement in the land when colored sheets came out. Also, colored toilet paper but that didn't last long because it was publicized that putting all that dye into the water wasn't really good for the wildlife.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Not too far a stretch since Carlin's mental capacity is close to a 2 year old.  I don't see any deep, meaningful conversations in Carlin's future...ever.  Or poor Layla either.

• Love 5

Isn't Evan already working as a plumber or electrician? And I think Carlin is a successful influencer, so I would think they have an above average income for their area and can afford a decent home. I don't thinks its wise to buy at the height of a real estate bubble though. 

The problem I see with influencers in general though is, 'old' is never good enough. They become so accustomed to having the newest freebies it kind of ruins them for life. But companies don't give the big stuff to them for free, so I could see having a larger home as a problem for Carlin and Evan as they will always want the newest trends. They both are so caught up on themselves - this could all backfire in the end.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Back to fast food for Layla - chicken and fries from Sonic at 10 am for breakfast?? What is she a 22 yr old college bro? Love how Carlin now poses all the avocado, banana, and strawberry eating for Layla on IG no doubt in response to what people have said here and on Reddit but then oops there's a video of chicken nuggets at breakfast.

And BSB is offering a 22% off site wide sale? What like 2-3 weeks after that whole - give away "damaged" clothing by the container full sale? I have a feeling that business is not moving its goods as much as it should and is sitting on WAY too much inventory. Which is super interesting in a time when everyone else is sitting on way too little inventory due to manufacturing delays, shipping delays/increased shipping costs etc.

Jeb or Jud [IDK which is which] are giving off the same feral vibe of many of the younger Duggars. Not a good thing - as the Bates always came across slightly more "cared for" than the Duggars. Carlin posted an IG yesterday w/ the younger boys at her house and one was complaining about how she had made him move all the stuff from her closet to the living room and then bring it all back and he just wanted to watch a show etc. - complaining wasn't that big of a deal bc an 8 yr old is going to complain if he goes to his sister's to watch TV and is put to work - but just the way he was speaking, it was hard to understand him and sounded like he was getting zero education. Which is prob true since KJ certainly doesn't do homeschool, the older sisters are now all gone, so it's up to Addie/Ellie/Callie to cook + clean + do laundry + homeschool and every few weeks they esp Addie/Ellie take off for Fla or NJ and Callie is prob like whatever I have too much housework, I'm freaking 12, do some workbooks - or not.

And I Love You Day seemed chintzy this year. The couples dinner was at a steakhouse and as much as Kelton tried to be like oh I've really wanted to try this place - it looked like a cheaper/lower level restaurant, not even "up to the level of" this family's favorite date night place - Cheesecake Factory. Then one morning seemed like breakfast/lunch at Sonic. The last night was pizza at the house with Evan stopping at DOLLAR GENERAL to pick up snacks - so looks like the kids were expected to contribute some of the food. Big change from the beautiful rented AirBnbs in the mountains etc., catered dinners/fancy restaurant dinners for couples night, and meals sponsored by Purdue. My things have changed post UP Tv.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Carlin is so fucking stupid and so is her husband. They have a child with heart issues who's lagging on the growth chart. You'd think that feeding her nutritious, balanced meals would be a top priority. Genetic issues can't be controlled, but lifestyle can. 

And yeah, it seems like the boutique is having a sale every week. I just keep thinking about what they say on Shark Tank: that sitting on tons of inventory is a major no-no. I'm not really surprised the business is struggling. Most of their clientele is probably working class or lower middle class women. With inflation going through the roof and possibly getting worse depending on our oil situation, families are cutting back. The boutique already caters to a small, specific niche as it is. They were bound to hit their ceiling at some point. Zach must really regret letting Kelly and Whit talk him off the police force. 

I agree that I Love You Day was pretty shabby. The restaurant didn't even look like it was on the level of an Applebee's or Cracker Barrel. Far cry from that fancy mountain resort of years past. I also noticed Alyssa hightailed it out of town pretty fast. Now that she has to pay for her own hotel, she doesn't linger. 

• Love 10

The whole I love you day idea was nice in the beginning, Christmas and Thanksgiving can be overwhelming with in laws and expectations, so it was a sensible alternative celebration. But TV show upped the party into a frenzy of activity with each year trying to top the last. The Bateses should probably dial it back and just have one nice get together. In the pictures I saw it seemed like a chaotic mess. More people were not in costume but the ones that were, very boring. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The whole I love you day idea was nice in the beginning, Christmas and Thanksgiving can be overwhelming with in laws and expectations, so it was a sensible alternative celebration. But TV show upped the party into a frenzy of activity with each year trying to top the last. The Bateses should probably dial it back and just have one nice get together. In the pictures I saw it seemed like a chaotic mess. More people were not in costume but the ones that were, very boring. 

I agree. I think a lot of things will go by the wayside now that the Bates no longer have a production budget. 

I'm curious as to what everyone's going to do for Lawson's wedding. That's going to be an expensive trip, even if some of the families drive. Lodgings, meals and gas will add up quickly. Depending on which grandkids (if any) are in the ceremony, it wouldn't surprise me if the marrieds opt to leave some of them at home. Ideally you want your whole family there, but if money's tight, I wouldn't spend $500 on plane tickets for 2 and 3 year-olds who won't even remember the event. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

The idea of I love you day to me is sort of strange especially with asking people to dress in costume. I can see wanting the entire family to get together once a year. Lots of families have reunions. The Bates have vacant land so why not rent large tents, tables, chairs and set up games and bouncy houses etc. Alyssa and the girls can go crazy with $ Store decor. Have it catered and let the kids run around and play. Heck Lawson  can provide entertainment. Have it when the weather is warm but not too hot. Just my opinion but this makes more sense than going to a run down steak house or piling into Kellie's house to play whatever dumb games they come up with. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin is so fucking stupid and so is her husband.

Love this!!  Gave me a good chuckle and I totally agree.  A few strawberries in one vid and she thinks that's healthy and Layla is set for the month.  

How many times does she have to clean out/rearrange her damn closets before she gets rid of more of those ugly boutique clothes?  She's going to be so much more annoying after this kid is born.  Whining about her tiny apartment and so on and so on.  She is so fucking stupid 🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Carlin thought that to eat a peanut, you eat it shell and all.   I sure don't eat them that way. I break the shell, get the peanuts out, discard the shell and eat the peanuts.  

She claimed she couldn't stop eating them at Tiff and Lawson's shower and that she ate them shell and all.  

• LOL 4
Just now, ranchgirl said:

Carlin thought that to eat a peanut, you eat it shell and all.   I sure don't eat them that way. I break the shell, get the peanuts out, discard the shell and eat the peanuts.  

She claimed she couldn't stop eating them at Tiff and Lawson's shower and that she ate them shell and all.  

What the heck, how did she not choke? Do people do this? I've never heard of eating a peanut, shell and all. I don't know what's going on with Carlin lately, but her behavior is getting downright weird. I feel like everything she's doing is a sub-conscious cry for help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I too thought that was weird. Has she never seen anybody shell it before?  Although a few weeks ago, my 15 yo old walked into my room eating an Orange, only she was eating it like an apple. I had to Google if orange peel was safe to eat (I thought so because of orange zest but wanted to double check).  I was all “what is wrong with you” and she laughingly blamed me as a bad parent for not teaching her how. I don’t like them so I never eat them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Something seems . . . not right . . . with Carlin lately.

First off I don't believe she snarfed down peanuts in the shell. We didn't see her doing it, just talking about it later. But hello it was at Tiff's shower - if she had never seen peanuts [unlikely in the south] and didn't know how to eat them and even snarfed down the first one or two shell and all, guess what she would have realized in two seconds as the piles of shell on table grew from everyone else. And uh yeah bestie Whit was at her table, plus Zach - they would've made fun of her/"informed" her asap that she is to de-shell a peanut. I think it was just a cutesy - oooohhh something to poll my audience about and get them involved in a convo between me and Evan . . . which fell flat.

Besides the desperate attention whoring to stay relevant, she just seems like she's . . . struggling. I'm sure the show going away + constant struggle to stay IG relevant + the store not seeming like it's doing fantastic given its constant sales to get rid of inventory + pregnancy + real life costs seem to be breaking her.

She was posing at the gas station holding her pregnant belly out of desperation [looked like trailer trash doing that at the gas station too but I digress], and Evan paid her no attention. He legit looked ill as he watched the pump going strong as he had filled up 17 gallons of gas for $68, with no signs that the tank was full yet. But hey they're the ones just starting out with a husband who is a STUDENT who needed a GIANT SUV. Well . . . good luck with providing the $$ for this fam buddy. And less than 30 days left on that house now - if the other family doesn't get a house within a month, the sale of their house to E&C falls thru. So I'm guessing there's some sleepless nights lately.

And the object of Carlin's mental issues = Layla. Sorry but she is putting entirely too much on a TWO year old. Numerous times in the last week or two she's asked Layla if they're friends, etc. Yesterday at Target, Layla asks her to sit in the cart with her [one of those HUGE carts w/ seats for two kids] and Carlin goes on about how they are FRIENDS and then says "Layla say BEST friends . . . ." She's effing two. If you're having issues, find mental help, pray it away etc. - don't put it on a two year old to make you feel good/content/needed/secure etc.

• Love 15
(edited)

cereality, I agree. 

I have a theory on Carlin. She reminds me a lot of my mother, who has a shit-ton of undiagnosed mental health issues. They're both good people, but have this weird pattern where dysfunction is their function. My mother goes out of her way to bring unnecessary stress upon herself when an obvious solution could be right in front of her face. I feel like Carlin is very much the same. She needs constant stimulation and adrenaline spikes, hence the 24/7 drama. It's like when she and Whit were at Walmart at 2 a.m. scrambling to buy decorations for Nathan's wedding when those details could've (and should've) been handled earlier. I don't even think Carlin is conscious of the behavior. Similar to my mother, she gets itchy when life goes too smoothly, so she creates problems for the sake of creating problems.  Hopefully that makes sense, lol. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

cereality, I agree. 

I have a theory on Carlin. She reminds me a lot of my mother, who has a shit-ton of undiagnosed mental health issues. They're both good people, but have this weird pattern where dysfunction is their function. My mother goes out of her way to bring unnecessary stress upon herself when an obvious solution could be right in front of her face. I feel like Carlin is very much the same. She needs constant stimulation and adrenaline spikes, hence the 24/7 drama. It's like when she and Whit were at Walmart at 2 a.m. scrambling to buy decorations for Nathan's wedding when those details could've (and should've) been handled earlier. I don't even think Carlin is conscious of the behavior. Similar to my mother, she gets itchy when life goes too smoothly, so she creates problems for the sake of creating problems.  Hopefully that makes sense, lol. 

You could be onto something there, I've worked with several people over the years who seemed to be crisis magnets, they're always crashing around, dealing with some 'emergency'.  However, after a while, if you step back and take a look, you can see that most of these crises and emergencies could've easily been avoided with just a modicum of planning.  I can see Carlin being a drama queen who lives for the turmoil.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

You could be onto something there, I've worked with several people over the years who seemed to be crisis magnets, they're always crashing around, dealing with some 'emergency'.  However, after a while, if you step back and take a look, you can see that most of these crises and emergencies could've easily been avoided with just a modicum of planning.  I can see Carlin being a drama queen who lives for the turmoil.

Back in the olden days we called them "adrenaline junkies"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2