Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

On 3/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, So unbelievable said:

Odd parents=odd baby name.  

I don't think they make very cute babies/kids 😕  Yeah, I'm that person.

I think Layla takes after Evan in the looks department. She has that same crooked smile, and unfortunately, it's not endearing (although I'm sure they think it is). It makes her look special.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have to admit that Layla cracks me up when she squeals: “Mine! I hold it!” It takes them a while to get her settled and the baby on her lap, only for Layla to become bored of “it” in ten seconds. C&E are on their own making Baby Z and Z Man happen. Layla, don’t ever change. 

• Love 6

Part 1 of Carlin's birth story:

https://youtu.be/snnUUZeQBLI

Not much to see. It starts with the Cash and Carry sale, and ends with Carlin being assessed at the hospital to determine if she's in labor. 

I have to admit, Evan is growing on me. I liked his positive attitude and willingness to help at the Boutique. I also thought his joke about being a Union apprentice and asking Carlin about his mandated breaks was pretty funny. 

Carlin is so much prettier without all the heavy makeup. She looks totally different, but in a good way. Much fresher and younger. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I’m very impressed by how composed Carlin was during the part of labor we saw. Evan said Carlin prefers labor over pregnancy,  so unlike her regular drama queen persona.  Evan is a very supporting husband who listens to his wife. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 4/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

They've already had a professional photoshoot. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb20I6jrSaQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well of course they did.  🙄

I wouldn't change my babies diaper on my leather/faux leather couch without an under pad.  Just me?  Carlin got her first baby boy baptism and peed all over the couch too.  Gross!  

Edited by So unbelievable
  • LOL 4
On 4/3/2022 at 4:07 AM, So unbelievable said:

Well of course they did.  🙄

I wouldn't change my babies diaper on my leather/faux leather couch without an under pad.  Just me?  Carlin got her first baby boy baptism and peed all over the couch too.  Gross!  

Careless, but maybe they are discarding that sofa when they move and really couldn't care less 🥴?

• Love 1

Has anyone else found these morons more grating than usual with the second kid now??

I know I'm mean but I'm kind of laughing to myself that Carlin hasn't been on IG all day today. Likely real life is hitting her now because Evan is off at work this week, his parents went home, you know her parents aren't doing jack $hit for her - so she has to deal with two kids all day and can't just be making IG reels or heading out to coffee like she did all last week after giving birth. I assume leg humpers are DM-ing if she's ok so within hours or by tomorrow we'll have a teary video about how she's #blessed but really having to focus on her sweet family blah blah. Though Katie comes into town this week - IDK what day - so she'll have a nanny for a few days at least.

Glad to see Layla back on the donut + cinnamon roll diet. I get it - it was a special week but geez for a kid with issues, do they really think it's fine to give her fruit for a day, put that evidence on IG, and then donuts the following 5 days?? Carlin commented about how Layla and Evan have been going to Dunkin daily since he had the week off - and yeah many times there were pics of boxes of donut holes; and then he was making cinnamon rolls asking if she wanted one. Though maybe someone criticized bc then she featured her and Layla each eating one of those Sargento boxes that come with 5 cashews, 5 cheese cubes, and a handful of cranberries. 

Given how much Evan whines about money, they sure are dumbasses. Those little boxes retail for like $3-4 each. Do they realize they could've bought bags of cashews, cheese cubes, and craisins and doled them out daily for weeks, and it wouldn't come out to a $6 per snack for mama and daughter?? 

As for the kid peeing on the couch, I mean maybe with all their financial savvy they'll dump that couch but they bought it less than 2 yrs ago and gave it to each other as a Christmas gift - bc Evan had gone on about how it was so expensive, he had to save up for a while; so IDK maybe don't put your kid's bare ass right on a $1000+ couch??

And I know the pandemic is over for many adults and it was always NBD for these people, but kudos on taking your ONE WEEK OLD to Starbucks with you and sitting down and having coffee. Seems super safe. There's no new variant or anything and the kid's been around hundreds of humans before, it's fine . . . .

And because I'm really in a mood - Layla has already figured out that the ONLY way she'll get attention now is by pretending to be interested in baby brother bc her only worth now is whether or not she can dote on a baby, esp a male baby. And yeah - both kids ain't much to look at, esp. the daughter; they take after Evan's side - and while the men on Evan's side turn out ok looking so presumably the son will be too, the women . . . yikes . . . good luck Layla.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Has anyone else found these morons more grating than usual with the second kid now??

I know I'm mean but I'm kind of laughing to myself that Carlin hasn't been on IG all day today. Likely real life is hitting her now because Evan is off at work this week, his parents went home, you know her parents aren't doing jack $hit for her - so she has to deal with two kids all day and can't just be making IG reels or heading out to coffee like she did all last week after giving birth. I assume leg humpers are DM-ing if she's ok so within hours or by tomorrow we'll have a teary video about how she's #blessed but really having to focus on her sweet family blah blah. Though Katie comes into town this week - IDK what day - so she'll have a nanny for a few days at least.

Glad to see Layla back on the donut + cinnamon roll diet. I get it - it was a special week but geez for a kid with issues, do they really think it's fine to give her fruit for a day, put that evidence on IG, and then donuts the following 5 days?? Carlin commented about how Layla and Evan have been going to Dunkin daily since he had the week off - and yeah many times there were pics of boxes of donut holes; and then he was making cinnamon rolls asking if she wanted one. Though maybe someone criticized bc then she featured her and Layla each eating one of those Sargento boxes that come with 5 cashews, 5 cheese cubes, and a handful of cranberries. 

Given how much Evan whines about money, they sure are dumbasses. Those little boxes retail for like $3-4 each. Do they realize they could've bought bags of cashews, cheese cubes, and craisins and doled them out daily for weeks, and it wouldn't come out to a $6 per snack for mama and daughter?? 

As for the kid peeing on the couch, I mean maybe with all their financial savvy they'll dump that couch but they bought it less than 2 yrs ago and gave it to each other as a Christmas gift - bc Evan had gone on about how it was so expensive, he had to save up for a while; so IDK maybe don't put your kid's bare ass right on a $1000+ couch??

And I know the pandemic is over for many adults and it was always NBD for these people, but kudos on taking your ONE WEEK OLD to Starbucks with you and sitting down and having coffee. Seems super safe. There's no new variant or anything and the kid's been around hundreds of humans before, it's fine . . . .

And because I'm really in a mood - Layla has already figured out that the ONLY way she'll get attention now is by pretending to be interested in baby brother bc her only worth now is whether or not she can dote on a baby, esp a male baby. And yeah - both kids ain't much to look at, esp. the daughter; they take after Evan's side - and while the men on Evan's side turn out ok looking so presumably the son will be too, the women . . . yikes . . . good luck Layla.

Well I just loved your post! You gave me a good laugh!

• Love 2

Surprise, surprise. BSB is doing another sale. 3-day "surprise" with discounts on clearance items. If two cash-and-carry sales within a month couldn't clean out excess inventory, I doubt an online exclusive will do it. Just donate the stuff and take the tax write-off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Surprise, surprise. BSB is doing another sale. 3-day "surprise" with discounts on clearance items. If two cash-and-carry sales within a month couldn't clean out excess inventory, I doubt an online exclusive will do it. Just donate the stuff and take the tax write-off. 

Just jumped on their site to have a look.  The cheapest clearance item is still $15.99,  For a crappy t shirt.  No thanks.  Probably my age and I hate trending clothes, but I do not like 99% of what few items I saw.  Maybe a couple sweaters were okay, but $34 on clearance.  GTFO!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I'm trying to figure out the term "cash and carry" for a sale. Don't they always let people carry after they present cash?

Rethinking my comment -- are they usually exclusively mail order?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Rethinking my comment -- are they usually exclusively mail order?

Yes, they talked about setting up a store before Covid, but never moved forward with those plans.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Yes, they talked about setting up a store before Covid, but never moved forward with those plans.

IIRC, that was Erin's thing, right? It's probably a good idea they didn't go through with it. Redditers who live in the area said the boutique isn't in a location that gets heavy traffic. If people want to shop, they go to malls and plazas with more options. The storefront might've drawn initial interest due to the show, but would've eventually fizzled. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Big mouth, I mean Carlin, said she was "going back to work tomorrow".  Here's how I see that playing out. 

Posts she is late while dragging kids to the car. 

Posts she got coffee, cuz she needs it sooooo bad.  

Posts her and Whit, or another shop dork, eating Little Caesar's. 
Another post of Layla wandering aimlessly around the shop.  Or maybe not because she has to film more of baby Z.  

Wrap it up with a post of her being home well before dinner and waiting for someone to bring her food.

• Love 9

I think the "cash" part means that they are not accepting plastic at this time...cash only. This indicates to me that business is not good for them right now and that they are closing the store once that mountain of inventory stock is sold out.

• Love 8

Carlin hasn’t posted yet, me thinks it’s not easy for her to get out of the house with two kids. I really hope it makes them think about spacing kids, and hopefully not have a litter. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought Carlin posted yesterday about heading to the store. It was probably in her stories and expired by now.

Maybe I missed it but the one I saw she talked about returning to work today. She hasn’t posted her struggle as the only mother to ever have to leave the house with a toddler and a newborn. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Maybe I missed it but the one I saw she talked about returning to work today. She hasn’t posted her struggle as the only mother to ever have to leave the house with a toddler and a newborn. 

You spoke too soon! Part of her stories today talks about how hard everything is. "Don't compare yourself to a highlight reel."

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did she get an epidural, or did they get there too late?

She got an epidural but later than would have been ideal because they got there late, she was already pretty dilated, and they had to wait for blood test results. It kicked in just as she started to push. 

It was fine. Apparently she kept passing out when they had to give her an IV.  But she was very controlled while pushing.  No swearing (not that she would) or screaming. And VERY grateful for the medical staff’s help. She thanked them more than once.  Evan was very encouraging and calm.

• Love 5

Layla is 2 years old - does Carlin think she looks good in onesies and bonnets meant for infants and leg warmers in a few pics?? Like this is already a homely looking child, wouldn’t a pretty Easter dress make her look a bit better? Looks like all the local sisters spent Easter apart as most went to in-laws and Chad/Erin did their own thing, but no way she didn’t look at pics of Alyssa, Erin, Whit, and Josie’s daughters — did she see any in the age 2+ crowd in a onesie with their thighs hanging out?? And as modest as they claim to be, wouldn’t a dress provide a bit more coverage? And Carlin if you want to give the child bunny ears for Easter, they make bunny ear headbands - a 2 yr old doesn’t need an infant bonnet.

For someone who fancies herself such an influencer, she certainly doesn’t dress Evan and Layla well; I’m certain she picked out Evan’s 3 piece beige Easter suit just as she picked out his matching white sweatsuit outfit to bring the baby home from the hospital.

They posted a bunch of family pics together celebrating the boutiques 3rd anniversary. It’s kind of disconcerting that 10 mo old Jadon is just a touch smaller than 2 yr old Layla?? I know everyone says oh Evan & Carlin are small of course their kid will be small but Evan and Zach are pretty much the same height; sure Whit is prob a few inches taller than Carlin but IDK if that would account for one couple having such an undergrown toddler.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 6

Layla's clothes are certainly....interesting. That weird Little House onesie/bathing suit thing really wasn't an appropriate outfit for church. It looked like the poor kid was only half-dressed. I'm sure Carlin is getting all this crap for free, but hopefully she nails a sponsorship that includes pants and leggings. I always worry that Layla is cold. 

• Love 2

Way back when my daughter put onesies on the children, she informed me they were infant shirts and not complete outfits and were only to be worn by her children with matching bottoms of shorts, long pants, or skirt.  By a year or earlier she'd ditched onesies for regular dresses or shirts and bottoms.  

Based on that it's no wonder the child appears half-dressed.  She probably really is.  Modesty be hanged?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Way back when my daughter put onesies on the children, she informed me they were infant shirts and not complete outfits and were only to be worn by her children with matching bottoms of shorts, long pants, or skirt.  By a year or earlier she'd ditched onesies for regular dresses,  or shirts and bottoms.  

Based on that it's no wonder the child appears half-dressed.  She probably really is.  Modesty be hanged?  

Looking at the photo, it looks more like a sunsuit, which was popular for little kids years ago.  There are rows of ruffles across the butt which seems to indicate that that part is supposed to be seen.  Knee socks look stupid with a bare sunsuit, though, and I would think most parents would not put a sunsuit on a kid to pose for photos with Daddy in a suit and Mommy in a fancy dress, though.  My mom put them on us when we were small and it was very hot outside, not for posing for photos in a studio.  And what a sad, lifeless 'color' that thing is!

What is her obsession with colors that are colorless?  Everything they're wearing is a washed out shade of tan, cream, sand or brown.  Looks awful, IMO.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 7

That's the life of most of these young influencers, neutral and boring.  I can't stand to see so much brown, tan and whatever "color" that was supposed to be on Layla.  Ugliest Easter outfit I have ever seen.  She could have easily put her in the dress for her 2nd birthday photo shoot.  

The boutique photo shoot was equally boring.  They fade into the backdrop because no one has any colors on.  Not a selling point for their sad little boutique.

• Love 5

The colour was more of a muted lavender.  And the filter Carlin uses washes everything out. But the outfit was just awful.  She seems to like those rompers/sunsuits, but they are always made from knit fabric.  I had something similar for my daughter but it was cotton seersucker, not as ruffly, and she was 7-8 months old, not 2! Plus it was the hottest part of summer when I put it on her.

I think that part of the problem is that Layla is so tiny she still fits into smaller sizes which are meant for much younger babies.  Also think a lot of that stuff is free from the shops Carlin partners with.  

• Love 8