Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, clueless101 said:

I cringe when I watch Layla with the baby.  She is so rough with him.  I keep waiting for her to hurt him( not that I want to see that). I know when I had my son, I watched my daughter much closer than C&E

Yeah I don't get it. Carlin posts a video this morning where she seems like Layla is thumping on his chest pretty hard. So of course Carlin sits there filming. Uh isn't this when a parent does the whole - nooo be gentle, you can only pat him gently like this - thing??

• Love 9

When layla was "patting" Zade I was like Carlin please gently tell her not to pat so hard. She seems kids of rough with a newborn. She is what only 2 years old and she thinks "baby brother" is her plaything. I hope that Zade is not in the room with her at night.   And Carlin and Evan need to explain that she needs to be gentle with the baby because he could be hurt. 

• Love 7

Carlin hasn't posted anything recently from the boutique.  Whitney blocked me, so don't know if she has either.  Is she really that overwhelmed with the new baby that she can't work?  Welcome to the real world, sweetheart.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Carlin hasn't posted anything recently from the boutique.  Whitney blocked me, so don't know if she has either.  Is she really that overwhelmed with the new baby that she can't work?  Welcome to the real world, sweetheart.

The baby was born March 27th and they are getting ready to move. What do you expect one woman to do? They have staff.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

The baby was born March 27th and they are getting ready to move. What do you expect one woman to do? They have staff.

They are pretty busy with a newborn, demo on the new house, and deciding among undistinguishable shades of white paint. The plan is for the painting to be done while they are in CA. Add to that the traveling and the way they freak out over every new, normal experience, and you have a very busy Carlin. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Carlin's posted from the Boutique in her stories, which get deleted after 24 hours, but I haven't followed her in recent days. I tend to think she's focusing on newborn and house because that's what gets the hits on YouTube. Everyone loves home renovations. 

• Love 1

Carlin has posted a few times about going to work since the baby was born. I don't think she puts in as many hours as she did before, but she definitely has been there.  They are having another cash and carry sale this morning and she is there.

• Love 2

Layla was so stinking cute during the house tour. I was cracking up when Evan tried to close the front door and Layla kept saying ‘key.” Yup, the key was still in the lock.

Carlin said the three bedroom house was enough space to raise all their kids. Is she foreseeing a small family, or is she planning to follow her parents lead and stack kids like cordwood? 

Why was Layla barefoot? It doesn’t take long to put shoes on a kid. You never know what they will step on. 

I enjoyed Evan’s enthusiasm about having adequate accommodations when his family visits. Evan’s family are very warm towards Carlin and the kids. They are also not as chaotic as Carlin’s family. 

Color me surprised by Carlin saying they didn’t want paint fumes and dust around Zade due to being a newborn. Maybe these two will mature as second time parents. 

Layla is talking more and I don’t know why but I have a soft spot for that kid.

Zade looks just like Layla. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, SMama said:

Why was Layla barefoot? It doesn’t take long to put shoes on a kid. You never know what they will step on. 

I didn't even notice that. I was distracted by her appearing to be pantless!

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I didn't even notice that. I was distracted by her appearing to be pantless!

It’s those rompers Carlin likes so much. Someone pointed out that since Layla is so small for her age Carlin is dressing her in clothes that are not age appropriate. I hope Carlin moves on to Zade now. 

• Love 2

That was funny when Layla was the only one who realized the key was still in the front door. 

The house and neighborhood are beautiful. Some of the interior features like the wall color and light fixtures looked a little dated, but those are an easy fix. I loved the hardwood floors and I'm praying they don't pull those up (which means, of course they will).

I had to turn the volume down, and didn't hear whether or not they were going to replace the temporary backyard fencing with something sturdier, but if so, that would be wise. 

Overall though, I think they did well. The house is a nice size, but not overwhelming and doesn't look to need a ton of work. I'm happy for them.

• Love 3
(edited)

They are leaving the fence for now.  I think they are painting, redoing the fireplace, some electrical work, and possibly opening up the kitchen a bit.  The carpet looked brand new and it only seems to be upstairs so I bet they won’t touch it for now. Carlin did say that each of the children would have their own room so no guest room, but they do have that bonus room upstairs, where they could put a sofa bed.

It’s a nice house, not too big or run down or dated.  They seem very excited and grateful. I am happy for them too.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think she mentioned putting two beds in Layla's room so it could be used as a guest room.  I hope they don't do too much to the house--it was in great condition.

I thought Layla was a odd looking baby but I now think she is an adorable toddler.  I get a kick out of her!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Carlin said the three bedroom house was enough space to raise all their kids. Is she foreseeing a small family, or is she planning to follow her parents lead and stack kids like cordwood? 

The bonus room is pretty big and could probably accommodate 3 to 4 twin beds if they had to.  Layla’s room seems to be a good size for sharing. I mean, I hope they don’t stuff the house full of kids.  

1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I think she mentioned putting two beds in Layla's room so it could be used as a guest room.  I hope they don't do too much to the house--it was in great condition.

I thought Layla was a odd looking baby but I now think she is an adorable toddler.  I get a kick out of her!

I’d personally put a double bed rather than 2 twins.  Just better for the married guests. But they could also put a sleeper sofa in the tv watching side of the bonus room. 
I, too, find Layla completely adorable. I love her little voice. 

• Love 4

I agree that the house is beautiful. I don't see changes needing to be made, really, maybe some interior paint to their liking. Nothing wrong, though, with the paint now, really.

I also hope they don't stack the children up like firewood. That bonus room upstairs is worth a mint! This could have a nice sofa bed and trundle and be an excellent guest room. Why are they all obsessed with having a dedicated guest room when they stuff their own children in bedrooms together? Does anyone know? Layla and Zade should have their own rooms. The wood floors are beautiful. This house shows to be immaculate. For me, just a quick leaning and move in ready. The best to them.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why are they all obsessed with having a dedicated guest room when they stuff their own children in bedrooms together? Does anyone know? Layla and Zade should have their own rooms. The wood floors are beautiful. This house shows to be immaculate. For me, just a quick leaning and move in ready. The best to them.

They said for when Evan's family visits. I don't think they want a dedicated guest room, just extra sleeping spots. They spoke of having two twin beds in Layla's room for possible guests. I didn't see a "family room" on the first floor, so I guess the bonus room will serve that function, though with kids being young, right now the living room will be the play area.

• Love 4

That's a very nice house for a family. I do agree with Evan and Carlin with painting before they move in. Much easier to do so without furniture and kids around. A fresh coat of paint makes everything look new and clean. I agree with twin beds in Layla's room. That way if company visits and they do not want to sleep in the bed with a child or another adult twin beds are nice to have.  I have twin beds in my spare bedroom for that reason.

I am sure that they are excited about their new home. They seem like a really happy couple.

• Love 5

I think Carlin and Evan will max out at three or four kids. Evan seems like he grew up pretty comfortably. His nieces and nephews do dance and sports, so I don't think he wants to live barely keeping his head above water and having nothing left over for extras. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I agree.  I also think Carlin does not want her kids to be deprived of attention like she was, or struggle to get by like her family did when she was growing up.  They all go on and on about how wonderful it was to grow up in a large family but I suspect that's just spouting the party line. If they could be totally honest, they would admit that they really don't want the same life for their own kids. Pretty sure most of them will max out at 4-6 kids.  The only ones I can see wanting more are Tori and Erin, and Erin may have run out of miracles.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did anybody ever figure out why the show was canceled in the middle of filming?

No details have emerged.  As time goes on the chances of finding out what happened are decreasing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

UPTv repeats the same old shows over and over, Heartland, Little House on the Prairie, Reba, Gilmore Girls and Highway to Heaven. I don't know how they make any money. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't know if you guys saw Carlin's most recent stories, but she ended up in the ER this past weekend. Apparently, whatever happened was so bad they called 911, as opposed to just driving her in.

https://www.instagram.com/carlinbates98/?hl=en

Carlin mentioned feeling off since Zade's birth and having her levels checked several times, so I don't know if the anemia hasn't resolved or what. What's even more mind-boggling is they're still going to California. I understand it's hard to cancel when you've already spent money and Carlin has a major case of FOMO, but you can only push yourself so much before it bites you in the ass. Between the birth, recovery, boutique, visiting Evan's parents, packing and the new house, Carlin is really wearing herself thin. San Diego is a haul, especially if there's stops and long layovers. Oh, and covid's still a thing. Hopefully she'll be okay.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Oh wow.  I noticed she had been quiet for a couple of days but I just assumed she was busy getting ready for her trip.

That girl needs to slow down.  When I was born it was normal for mothers who had just given birth to stay in the hospital for a week.  When I had my kids I got to stay for 2 days, and my daughter-in-law who had a baby in February was there for just over 24 hours.  I know giving birth is a natural process, but it does take a toll, and there is a recovery period.

Hopefully the trip is uneventful. I do hope they take this as a sign that a boatload of children is not in the cards for them.  They have their girl and their boy, so that pressure is off. I never got the impression that she wanted a huge family anyhow.

• Love 5

Would this incident be in any way related to why she passed out several times during labor? I was wondering why she was quiet on SM, but she has so much going on. The same with Josie, I thought it was a vacation for them but they have not done any tourist things. My husband and I would have arrived Saturday morning and get as much done as possible before the rehearsal dinner, then more fun after the wedding. We are terrible that way, we promised to slow down when SGirl came home but didn’t. We are lucky SBaby was and still is a great traveler. You can tell we are itching to travel again. 😞

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if you guys saw Carlin's most recent stories, but she ended up in the ER this past weekend. Apparently, whatever happened was so bad they called 911, as opposed to just driving her in.

https://www.instagram.com/carlinbates98/?hl=en

Carlin mentioned feeling off since Zade's birth and having her levels checked several times, so I don't know if the anemia hasn't resolved or what. What's even more mind-boggling is they're still going to California. I understand it's hard to cancel when you've already spent money and Carlin has a major case of FOMO, but you can only push yourself so much before it bites you in the ass. Between the birth, recovery, boutique, visiting Evan's parents, packing and the new house, Carlin is really wearing herself thin. San Diego is a haul, especially if there's stops and long layovers. Oh, and covid's still a thing. Hopefully she'll be okay.

I watched the story on her instagram.  She looked like she was going to cry. Her eyes just don't look right,  she looks tired. 

• Love 4

And they are going to come home next week and start getting ready to move on top of having a work trip scheduled. She is burning the candle at both ends .  I know she has age on her side but she needs to slow down. She mentioned that she was given antibiotics so that indicates that she has a bacterial infection. In her stories she always sounds like she is out of breath. I hope she is under the care of good doctors because this sounds scary. If I were Kelly and Lawson I would tell her to stay home and get some rest and forget about coming to California. But that doesn't seem to be in Carlin's nature to miss out.

• Love 4
(edited)

She didn't say that she alone had a work trip. She said that Layla was going to stay in Nashville for a few days when they got back because she has a little work trip. I assume that Whitndy and Kelly are also going  on the trip. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 4
(edited)

I wonder if she has a similar heart issue to Alyssa's?  Fatigue can be a symptom of heart problems.  I don't know if Alyssa was suffering from fatigue before she started experiencing the irregular heartbeat symptoms. 

Given how she is feeling one would think Whitney and Kelly would tell her to just stay home next week.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 2
Just now, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if she has a similar heart issue to Alyssa's?  Fatigue can be a symptom of heart problems.  I don't know if Alyssa was suffering from fatigue before she started experiencing the irregular heartbeat symptoms. 

I was just writing that when you posted. I wonder if that sort of thing runs in families? Carlin's also prone to anxiety, which doesn't help. Either way, her body is screaming red flags and she needs to pay attention. She was so exhausted that weekend they went to Evan's parents that she had her iron checked as soon as she got home. I'm not a doctor, but I find it hard to believe they would co-sign all this running around. 

• Love 5
(edited)

She's playing with fire here . . . for no apparent reason. I always thought it was bizarre that they were like YES we are going to Lawson's wedding no matter what, rather than - we'll see how things go after he's born but we can't commit until then. But ok it's her brother's wedding + at least 2 YT videos worth of content from that one for travel and one for the wedding day so there's at least $1000 on the line, so they want to go. Fine. But where people have had a goal of needing to make it cross country for a sibling's wedding after birth, they make sure to spend whatever weeks they have really resting, recovering, dr. appointments etc. to make sure they are good to go.

C&E have been running around like she didn't push out a kid 6 weeks ago. I mean hosting his family as soon as she came home; then running off to see his family for Easter weekend - which comes with all the requisite packing and unpacking before/after; going to "work" within like the first two weeks - I realize it's just sitting and gabbing but you still have to get out the door; noticeably she pulled back from work after a week or so but she did a cash and carry this weekend; buying a house and running to Home Depot nightly; date night w Z&W?! Oh and all the while she has been saying - "I feel off, I need to get my levels checked" - but I doubt think they were checked until her appt just a week ago. And all of this has been fueled by a steady diet of corn dogs as she has gone on and on about craving Sonic all the time and sometimes going there more than once a day??

I realize at 24 many of us worked hard and played hard and ate whatever. But for most of us that meant all nighter for exams and then staying up to party after exams and when we crashed we crashed. We hadn't just given birth after a high risk pregnancy and when we crashed if we wanted to sleep until 2 pm we could - there wasn't a newborn needing to eat every 3 hours. 

I don't get these people. They want to live the college student life but with newborns in tow. I get they think birth is NBD bc mom squatted down and gave birth two dozen times, but clearly the girls aren't has hearty as mom. I mean Carlin had a high risk pregnancy w/ the clotting issues and the plan was she'd have to take shots even 1-2 months after the pregnancy; I think the plan was amended as she was given more shots DURING the pregnancy - but clearly there is something the drs. were seeing from a blood perspective that concerned them for after the pregnancy too. And yet here they go dashing from one useless thing to another and then wedding cross country and then come back to a "business trip" [give me a break you're hardly an investment banker whose Wall Street bank will fire them for not going] and right after that will be the move bc they refuse to pay rent for an extra month. And oh yeah all while covid continues to be a thing and they'll chill maskless in planes for 5+ hours.

They're so un/under-educated, a part of me wonders if they actually understand anything drs. tell them. Like I'm sure the high risk drs. explained why shots after the pregnancy may be needed [and then why they weren't] - how much of that sunk in, like what are the risks requiring shots and even without shots required, do we need to be mindful of anything after birth?

Edited by cereality
  • Love 6

@BitterApple is right, Carlin has an acute case of FOMO. It’s one of the many ways G&K have royally screwed up their children. Carlin felt left out as a child, they also didn’t travel much (at least to fun places), and were deprived of every aspect of a normal upbringing.

Look at Alyssa and her obsession with a pristine house to the detriment of her daughters. Her shoe and clothes obsession, even her junk food obsession. 

Zach remembers well the days of fighting for the scraps on the doggie bag his parents brought home. BTW, what kind of asshole brings a doggie bag when they know it’s not enough for all the kids at home? 

I hope CarlIn does well during her travels and gets some rest when she returns home. 

• Love 6
(edited)

C&E on the way to the ER for a checkup. Looks like her hemoglobin dropped in one day. They say one doctor told them it’d be OK to travel, while another doctor told them to get a checkup before departing tomorrow. 

I’m horribly stubborn and my pain threshold almost cost me my life twice. But post partum, having Carlin’s history, I would be staying home. There are two babies who need her. Evan said Carlin’s health is the priority even though they want to be there for Lawson. Time for Mama B and Lawson to thank Carlin for the effort but tell her to look after her health. 

Update: Hemoglobin up one point although it needs to increase a lot more. Following the letter if not the spirit of the medical advise they are good to go at 5 am. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
(edited)

There’s something mentally wrong with these two. She had another “episode” today + at least 1 dr said don’t travel but hey it’s ok bc another said it’s fine as long as your hemoglobin doesn’t go down more. So sure drive 3 hrs to Nash after the “episode,” show up at the packed ER at 1030 for blood work. At least they made it out by 12-1230 bc it’s a 5 am flight (or maybe they leave for the airport at 5 am). Uh C&E do you understand that your hemoglobin transports oxygen to your cells? So one of the things that makes you feel terrible with low iron is lifting anything or running bc your oxygenation isn’t as efficient. Do you really think you can travel to Cali w 2 kids and not be hauling a baby carrier, stroller, and your over stuffed luggage - oh plus hauling the actual kids as you run to the airport gates? Do you think Evan can do all that alone so you can just carry your purse + iPhone and saunter to the gate? No? Ok well maybe stay home unless you can pawn both kids off on the in-laws by 5 am.

And sorry but these 2 are obsessed w living life for their vlog and the side income it provides - even to their own detriment. Evan walked out of the ER laptop in hand - you know he was like - 2 hr wait, I need to edit footage of what happened this weekend. Evan actually looks tired and stressed but I guess he wants to “party” fundie style in SD too much (plus wants 2 more YT episodes out of it) to pull his headship card and say sorry babe you’ve had 2 “episodes” in 4 days, 10 hrs of flight time to Ca and back is not safe.

This isn’t about Law and Tiff at all who’d 100% understand esp this is happening after birthing - you know what she was put on earth to do. And they’d made huge efforts even driving to Nash after she was hospitalized this weekend. This isn’t the same as - eh Cali is far, why waste my time or $$$.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 8

She's totally going to take focus away from Lawson and Tiffany.  She'll be telling her "woe is me" story to anyone who will listen.  Selfish.  

I hardly consider these episodes either.  It has been an ongoing, untreated condition for a while now.  Get a fricking infusion if you are anemic.  I'd like to know what her doctor actually tells her.  She's beyond dumb, I really don't think she understands any of it.  

She has to make the stupid vlogs to pay for that expensive ambulance ride and ER visits.  Then it will happen again because she isn't taking care of herself. Vicious, unnecessary circle.

• Love 6

Remember way upthread when I said Carlin makes life difficult because she thrives on drama? Excuse my French, but she is fucking INSANE.

I just Googled "can you fly with low hemoglobin" and all the articles I found recommended not getting on a plane if your hemoglobin level is below 8.5. Apparently, the cabin pressurization exacerbates the effects of anemia. Carlin had another episode in Nashville and was at a 9 when she left the E.R. To my mind, she's absolutely foolish to risk it. Who's to say her levels won't drop again? They didn't get out of the hospital until after midnight and now they have to turn around, get up at five a.m. and spend all day flying with two kids? You could tell Evan wanted to say, screw it, and cancel the trip but I guess footage for YouTube takes top priority 🙄.

• Love 5

The thing about the footage for YouTube is that whatever money they make won’t cover the cost of their trip. Now they have the deductibles from two ER visits, and the ambulance ride. Not good at math those two. 

• Love 6

I have a feeling if they had to put her on a gurney and roll her onto the plane she would go. This is not about Lawson but about her need to be right in the middle of the festivities. I don't know what these "episodes" are about but what happens if she has one while she is in the air? Are they going to have to divert the plane to the closest airport?   Basically she is risking her health because she can't can't seem to grasp the seriousness of what's happening with her health.  Evan is an idiot for agreeing to this. I wonder if he has considered that he could be a single dad raising two babies if something happens to Carlin. Where are the parents in all of this? If she were my daughter I would be begging her to stay in Nashville with the Stewarts and get some rest. Vanderbilt Medical Center is in Nashville.  She needs to be seeing more than an ER Doctor to get to the bottom of why this is happening to her.   

• Love 8

I had severe anemia due to fibroid bleeding and I'd have moments where I'd get dizzy, feel faint and my heart would start racing. I'm assuming that's what Carlin was referring to when she said "episode." It's a scary feeling, which is why I can't believe Carlin is taking such a risk. She should've listened to the doctor who said don't go. 

• Love 11

11 AM. They had to be up/leaving for the airport at 5 AM. No posts for 6 hours. For normal people that means they’re exhausted getting themselves + 2 kids + all their junk to the airport at dawn and if the kids fell asleep, they’re sleeping on the plane too. With these two it’s odd not to get a shot of Evan loading up the car in the morning or then sitting at the gate w giant coffees or a - we’re coming Law/Tiff message.

Again if they were normal I’d say they’re not posting bc they didn’t go and there’s nothing to show bc Evan is letting Carlin sleep all morning or she’s simply sitting on his mothers couch all day and they’ll update in a few hours w - well we didn’t make it. With these two idiots complete silence with no teasers often means something is wrong. I very much want to be wrong here — as much as I hate on them, I obv want them to be well.

• Love 6

Yes.  I am concerned as well. Nothing on Instagram- hopefully they were just too busy trying to get to the airport on time.  Or maybe Evan's parents were able to talk some sense into them, and they are staying in Nashville.

• Love 3
(edited)

So they got to LAX.  Now they have a 2 hour (probably more with traffic) drive to San Diego.  

I'm glad they appear to have arrived safely, but I do hope Carlin just takes it easy today.  They aren't in the wedding party so I doubt they will go to the rehearsal dinner.

Wonder when they go home?  I'm guessing Evan has to be back at work on Monday, and with the new house and all that they have going on I don't see them staying too long. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 2