Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

The shots of the boutique show racks and racks of folded clothes. They are either doing really well or they are not selling a lot of what they purchased. It also looks like they have several non family members working there. I will say that the boutique instagram looks professionally done. I just think that the dresses are mostly the same cut, hight waisted and maternity looking, ugh. They even have Kelly in them and they are so unflattering on her. 

• Love 9
On 1/13/2022 at 6:49 AM, 65mickey said:

The shots of the boutique show racks and racks of folded clothes. They are either doing really well or they are not selling a lot of what they purchased. It also looks like they have several non family members working there. I will say that the boutique instagram looks professionally done. I just think that the dresses are mostly the same cut, hight waisted and maternity looking, ugh. They even have Kelly in them and they are so unflattering on her. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the boutique wasn't doing well, but I hate the clothes they are selling, so that has something to do with it.  The are unflattering, as you said, and overpriced.  I think Carlin shows up to "work" to let her kid run around and get lunch.  There was a picture of Layla sprawled out on one of the tables they were packaging orders on.  That's just gross to me.  

They must be doing well enough that Zac and Whitney don't have to have regular jobs.  They double dated with them for a "Annual Business Report & 2022 Outlook Meeting".   I'd love to hear their business planning.  

It also always surprises me when people ask for links to lots of the ugly clothes Carlin & Josie wear.  Those ugly white ankle boots Josie wore at Esther's wedding.  And the copper dress!  
To each their own, but don't wear those clothes if you want to look good.  

• Love 9

I just sent over to their store.  Didn't recognize the model.  Used to be all the sisters.  Kind of sexy looks.  Did I have the right place???

Well that's interesting.  There are two of them!  One Bates and one Bates Sisters!W

The Bates one has some sexy looking clothing for non fundies!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Layla is jumping on the parents bed and falling with a spoon in her mouth, backwards.  I guess she is biting the handle but she could easily go down her throat.  The parents just blather on about their baby names, I oblivious.

• Love 1

Layla was also pictured eating some fruit and avocado the other day, clearly in response to all the comments about her junk food diet. Carlin and Evan are a couple of idiots, I feel bad for Layla and Izzy once “baby boy” gets here they will be overwhelmed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So Something Patrick Stewart. They obviously never heard of THE Patrick Stewart. 😀

So they aren't allowed to use the name? I'm sure there is more than one Patrick Stewart in the world.  BTW, they were getting Patrick from Evan's grandfather or great grandfather, can't recall which.

Edited by Dehumidifier

I didn't think much of their name choices either.  Cole is okay but Cole Patrick?  Nah.

Most of them sounded like fad names that wouldn't hold up well over time. I bet the Sewart family has some good family names if they looked into it.

• Love 2

Carlin and Evan did not go to Colorado.  In a surprising display of common sense she said they were saving Evan's time off for when the baby arrives.  

She did do a try on of various maternity clothing.  She only has 10 weeks to go.  Why buy more stuff?  I just don't get it.  And you just know that if she gets pregnant again  she will buy all new stuff.

During my last pregnancy (30 years ago), I had 2-3 pairs of pants and maybe 6-8 tops.  I had to buy a few things because I had lent some of my clothes to my sister-in-law whose due date was 3 months before mine, and the pregnancy was a bit of a surprise.  But even with my first, when I was still working, I did not have a ton of clothes.  It's only for a few months.  

• Love 15

I can’t figure out why Carlin isn’t wearing BSB clothes, they mostly look like maternity wear to me. She has already mentioned baby #3 and #4 in the baby name story on YouTube so not sure why she’s buying cheap things from Target. Seems like she would be investing in practical maternity clothes  for future use. But common sense is not the Stew Crew way.

• Love 6

To be fair there have been occasions over the past year where Carlin and Layla went somewhere and he joined them on the weekend.  As ditzy as they are I do think they know he can't afford to screw up his chance to be a licensed electrician.  

• Love 8

I will say Evan hasn't been irresponsible about school as far as we've seen. There have been lots of trips including last year's ski trip where he flies in Thursday night/Fri morning [as he appears to take class Tues/Thurs and often isn't working Friday so maybe apprenticing is just four days a wk] and just stays the weekend. 

I feel like reality had been hitting E&C in recent months and then their world got rocked with the show being canceled; like I don't think Carlin's sudden weepiness is ONLY due to pregnancy. They've been flying high since they started courting in like 2016 and somewhere along the way convinced themselves they were celebrities and the whirlwind would never end. From having cameras follow their courtship to jetting off to Maine for the engagement to the first really nice wedding to sex and making a honeymoon baby that they carry around like a purse ,etc. -- and fill that in with freebies that made them feel RICH like ski vacations and 2-3 other vacations/yr, a few hundred extra $/wk in YT income etc., non stop gender reveals/showers/christmas/I love you day - I think they legit thought life would be easy. And now comes kid 2, the reality that you can't jet around with two kids like with one and then OH slap in the face - no place to jet to bc now you have to pay for it yourself, not UP.

Their over-confidence has been ridiculous as Evan a few months ago crowed about we really want to BUILD our OWN house, not buy someone else's house -- and went to go look at McMansions being built. Lol. They legit put in one offer on one existing home, confidently thinking their 3% or 10% down was totally going to get them this house. Like did they consider that there are people who can/do pay 25k over asking, can buy in all cash etc??? Or does that not matter because hey we are STARS. I think the house thing + now the show + prospect that YT income will start to dry up unless they can stay relevant say six months from now when all the pregnancy/name/first Stewart grandson stuff is done -- is hitting them hard and Evan has always said he is the one who worries about money - bc Carlin can't worry her pretty little head with math. 

I mean just looking at Josie's posts this vacation is likely very different than prior ones and prob the last ever ski vacation as you can't do ski trips on the cheap. Looks like flights and the house were booked by UP and the Bates could still use those. But also looks like they are on their own for everything else - lift tix; ski rentals; food etc. Knowing G&K I'm sure they've said they'd only foot the bill for Addie/Ellie/Callie/Jeb/Jud; even though Warden/Isiah/Jackson live at home - I bet they are responsible for their own rentals. lift tix etc. and obv so are all the married/courting kids and thus far I've only see a pic of Warden so I wonder if some of the others skipped bc the $ wasn't worth it. I also wouldn't be surprised if all of those parties are also responsible for a few meals - like not just cooking one night which lots of families do - but footing the bill. Kelton grilled burgers for all on the first night and I wouldn't be shocked if that was K&J's grocery contribution.

It is kind of strange to see them now taking packed lunches when they go out skiing - opening up tupperware containers of sandwiches you'd send in a school lunch and Trace crushing a mini snack bag of Cheetos. As we all know from Layla they'd just run to a convenient store and buy bags of Cheetos the size of the kid's head - but now it's those packs of minis you get for school lunches; and there used to be daily brunches and dinners out when they were on vacation and we haven't seen one yet. I have to imagine Evan looked at the money and said - lift tix + rentals for me even from Thurs-Sunday + we have to feed 18 other ppl at least a few times, uh we could save that few hundred for upcoming hospital copays. . . .

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The bagged lunches caught my eye as well. Normally the family would make twice daily Starbucks runs and eat at restaurants. It's amazing how quickly things change when UP isn't footing the bill.

They had bagged lunches but Josie and Lydia had Starbucks. Nathan and Esther joined the family.  Esther made crepes for breakfast (just what Nathan doesn’t need, an accomplished cook), but it doesn’t look like they are skiing per their IG pictures. 

The contrast between the two cancellations is stark. The Duggars are still flying here and there, life goes on. The Bateses don’t have everyone with them, Kelton and Esther cooked for the family, and two couples bring their lunch skiing. They seem to be feeling the pinch immediately. Jackson met with Katie and Travis for dinner today, plus Warden and Isiah also seem MIA.

I think Kelton and Josie will be OK. Kelton’s dad has a real job in the real world. Kelton owns a business that appears to be thriving. Evan’s family seems comfortable financially, so Carlin won’t be living it up but will still have extras (vacations with Evan’s family). They just won’t have all the extras. Evan will make a decent living and it will be enough if they don’t breed for Jesus. The same with Katie.

Zach (go back to your LE job!), Nathan, Lawson, Trace, Jackson, Warden, and Isiah are going to hurt. 

Does anyone recall Gil selling a CD about how to support a large family without an income?

• Love 6

Not sure how Carlin is going to cope with 2 kids, her Instagram posts are so dramatic with Layla. She is now referring to Layla as her best friend. Kind of cringey to consider your two year old daughter as your best friend. I think Layla needs a parent more.

• Love 12

Big dump of birthday photos of Layla.  Of course half of them prominently feature Carlin clutching her belly.  It should be all about Layla.  Can these kids not even have the one day a year that's all about them? She's only 2 so she won't remember, but still. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Big dump of birthday photos of Layla.  Of course half of them prominently feature Carlin clutching her belly.  It should be all about Layla.  Can these kids not even have the one day a year that's all about them? She's only 2 so she won't remember, but still. 

Just saw it. Carlin's post had me 🙄 several times. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I just saw it. Layla looked very sweet, but of course Carlin had to bump-clutch in every picture and distract from the original purpose of the shoot. 🙄

I feel bad for Layla. I have a couple friends whose mothers are emotional vampires and bottomless pits of need, and they were burnt out by the time they were 20. As the Bates sisters age and focus on their own families, Carlin will have less people around to prop her up and give her attention. That job will eventually become Layla's. Poor kid's gonna need a strong constitution.

• Love 9

It was telling that their bday post talked about what they're looking forward to - laughter, blah blah - and LEARNING TO LOVE ON YOUR LITTLE BROTHER. Newsflash morons - she is her own child and a baby herself and you should be looking forward to milestones FOR HER independent of whether she loves "baby boy" or is one of those toddler who says she hates  him/he should go back/and tries to hog mom and dad's attention for herself. Though if she does any of those things, E&C will be on their knees praying bc OMG their 2 yr old isn't good wife or mom material if she can't be loving towards her own brother and isn't gaga over an infant.

And I agree with @BitterApple - with Layla being the first daughter, Carlin will constantly be emotionally unloading on her and looking for her to tell her that of course she is the PERFECT mom and sooo beautiful and soooo entrepreneurial for hocking junk on insta and making $$ to add to dad's income blah blah. And this will be even more true if there's another boy or two after this one - ALL of this will fall on the oldest daughter.

And add to that the "sharing" of mommy responsibilities that Layla will be subject to as the oldest girl. I mean it's already starting as on a video E was crowing about how you have to train kids to help, Layla loves to help blah blah. Uh yeah bro you're just making sure she acquires wife and mommy skills asap and helps out the moron you married so you don't have to; I mean as gross as they are with dishes - they seem to let them pile up and do them once a wk as if they live in a frat house - guaranteed by age 6-8, it'll be "oh Layla thinks it's SOOO FUN to do the dishes  . . . .

At least they're feeding her better. Guaranteed they read here and on Reddit bc posters specifically have been saying - if you're not going to cook for her at least give her PBJ, avocado etc. and lo and behold, she's been featured eating both of things once. I do have a feeling some dr. is telling Carlin to eat better too - given that she's anemic + with her sudden weepiness, it's quite possible some dr. is telling her that walking across the street w/ your SIL to a gas station convenience store w/ buy bags of chips+ iced coffee = straight sugar, not a meal. Carlin has posted pics of herself eating turkey sandwiches w/ avocado, snacking on apple slices - and then Layla gets some avocado or apple too. Remains to be seen whether Layla's better eating lasts after Carlin doesn't need to eat well and can go back to cheetos + iced coffee; then w/ baby bro being her focus, she could easily be tossing Layla potato chips for lunch again - or maybe PB crackers to keep the PB LOL.

• Love 11

Yes, it would be so nice if her parents could appreciate Layla for herself and look forward to her own accomplishments rather than framing her entire life in terms of how she interacts with males.  Why not say they're looking forward to watching Layla and her little brother play together?  Why must it always be about the daughter showering attention on the son?  

Between her narcissistic mother and the cultlike worship of those who produce testosterone; Layla is going to need years of therapy.  Which she will not get, instead being told she is wrong to resent her role as servant to all the males in her life and to pray harder so Jesus will let her see the error of her ways.

• Love 7

Carlin, KJ, Whitney, Zach, and a couple of the boutique employees are at Atlanta Market (Carlin’s IG). KJ’s presence as part of the team suggests she’s taking Erin’s place. Why is Zach there? He left LE to revive the tree service, but he’s always at the boutique. Z&W have four kids but can jet off to Atlanta, not a care in the world. Michaela is taking care of Layla during the day. I wonder who has the other four.

Carlin included audio of Layla singing Baby Shark. She’s very soft spoken and I could make out the words. Hopefully she is on track developmentally because this family is not into preventive or ongoing services.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Addee and Ellie are at the big house to take care of Z&W's kids. Duh.🙄

I also wonder about Kelly's role in the store. She's sure free to take part in all the perks.

Kudos to Evan for not foisting Layla on Michaela 24/7. I know it’s his responsibility and a low bar, but look at Z&W.

• Love 3

I never heard of them going to Atlanta before.  I am guessing that with Erin gone they are trying to de-frump their merchandise and go for a more mainstream clientele.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are hoping increased sales will offset the loss of UP income and perks.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I never heard of them going to Atlanta before.  I am guessing that with Erin gone they are trying to de-frump their merchandise and go for a more mainstream clientele.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are hoping increased sales will offset the loss of UP income and perks.

Maybe that is why KJ is in, Gil won’t be working anytime soon, and BUB money is gone

• Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Addee and Ellie are at the big house to take care of Z&W's kids. Duh.🙄

I also wonder about Kelly's role in the store. She's sure free to take part in all the perks.

Plus there’s Callie and the 2 youngest Bates boys, Jeb and Jud. Good thing they are all done with school. 

I thought at some point Carlin did say that KJ was their new partner in BSB, obviously she brings a lot to the business fashion wise.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Has it been said that Zack and Whitney's children are being looked after by Addie and Ellie? Maybe Whitney's mother is watching them. Or I guess Gil and the boys are there to help out, oh wait what was I thinking?

3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Has it been said that Zack and Whitney's children are being looked after by Addie and Ellie? Maybe Whitney's mother is watching them. Or I guess Gil and the boys are there to help out, oh wait what was I thinking?

Zac’s family is living in the Big House while they renovate their new house so we jokingly (sort of) assume Addee and Ellie are watching them. Since Zac and Whit never seem to be with their kids, hopefully someone is looking after them. And for sure it’s not Gil or the older boys.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Saltgypsie said:

I must have missed something !  Can someone please tell me what happened with the sisters and Erin?

or can you point me in the direction where I can read about it?

Thanks!

We don’t really know, but Erin was hardly ever seen at the BSB and not mentioned by Whit or Carlin. Erin did have health issues and then was pregnant. Finally there was an Instagram post thanking Erin for past work at BSB but that Erin and Chad were going in different direction. Then KJ was announced as new partner at BSB. Speculation was that clothes weren’t modest enough for Erin and also that she wanted to do her own thing. We snarkers have also noticed the sisters seem to be split into the modest clothes (Erin, Michael, Tori) who don’t post constantly on SM versus Alyssa, Carlin, Josie who wear pants and are on SM a lot. Katie is still not wearing pants as I don’t think any of her in laws do, but she is on SM quite a bit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Carlin posting in her stories today about having a bad day yesterday, anxiety, etc.  While I do think she is savvy enough to know that drama = more clicks, I also think she really is having a bit of a rough time.  I do hope she will be ok when the baby arrives.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin posting in her stories today about having a bad day yesterday, anxiety, etc.  While I do think she is savvy enough to know that drama = more clicks, I also think she really is having a bit of a rough time.  I do hope she will be ok when the baby arrives.

I never know what to make of Carlin, because like you said, drama and relatability translates to clicks and $$$, but I agree there's elements of truth. I honestly don't believe Carlin thought about how a second baby would affect her lifestyle. She's high energy, very kinetic and very needy. That's not a combination of traits that bodes well for being home all day with a toddler and newborn. I think she's also realizing the fanfare wanes after Baby #1. I'm sure her family is happy for her, but they're not gushy and obsessing as much as she wants them to. Erin just gave birth to #5. It was like a blip on the radar and forgotten about the next day. Kelly's already moved on and jetted off to Florida for Golden Child Maci's first birthday. 

I also think Carlin is legitimately upset about not being able to buy a house. It can be a discouraging process and I sympathize with her. Maybe she's unrealistic, but I can understand the frustration of putting in offer after offer, only to be outbid. It just seems like there's a lot of factors contributing to what's turning out to be a glum pregnancy. Hopefully she'll be okay.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Well, she has no anxiety about Covid.  She is always going everywhere without a mask.  The only time she wears one is in the doctor's office.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I never know what to make of Carlin, because like you said, drama and relatability translates to clicks and $$$, but I agree there's elements of truth. I honestly don't believe Carlin thought about how a second baby would affect her lifestyle. She's high energy, very kinetic and very needy. That's not a combination of traits that bodes well for being home all day with a toddler and newborn. I think she's also realizing the fanfare wanes after Baby #1. I'm sure her family is happy for her, but they're not gushy and obsessing as much as she wants them to. Erin just gave birth to #5. It was like a blip on the radar and forgotten about the next day. Kelly's already moved on and jetted off to Florida for Golden Child Maci's first birthday. 

I also think Carlin is legitimately upset about not being able to buy a house. It can be a discouraging process and I sympathize with her. Maybe she's unrealistic, but I can understand the frustration of putting in offer after offer, only to be outbid. It just seems like there's a lot of factors contributing to what's turning out to be a glum pregnancy. Hopefully she'll be okay.

She also posted about how sad she gets in the morning when Evan leaves for work. She almost seemed to be crying. She is really going to have a rough time when #2 comes if this anxiety and drama continues. I feel bad for her as I don’t think she’ll get the help she really needs.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

She also posted about how sad she gets in the morning when Evan leaves for work. She almost seemed to be crying. She is really going to have a rough time when #2 comes if this anxiety and drama continues. I feel bad for her as I don’t think she’ll get the help she really needs.

I think being dramatic and extra has always been Carlin's method for getting attention. Notice how the sisters who've settled well into adulthood (Tori, Erin, Josie) don't have much to do with her anymore. Even Whitney has toned down since her father's death. I'm not saying the anxiety isn't genuine, but that Carlin's whole persona is exhausting. I can give her a pass because she's had a difficult pregnancy, but at some point you have to mature a little and adapt. She just strikes me as one of those types who's going to be 30 and still living like a sorority girl while everyone else has moved on.

• Love 13

Problem is she never got to be a sorority girl.  She strikes me as the type who would have thoroughly enjoyed the whole college experience.  

If only they had given themselves a couple of years alone as a married couple before popping out babies.  They would have had time to just enjoy being a married couple.  They could have focused on each other, had some fun, and even maybe saved more for a down payment on a house.   I think they would have been more mature and ready to be parents.  

Instead they will have a 2 year old and a newborn crammed into a small rental, Evan still has to finish school, and they haven't even been married for 3 years. No wonder she has anxiety.

• Love 10

A husband still in school, renting, a two year old(?), pregnant and not to mention Bring Up Bates canceled, which I'm sure is a good portion of their income. Maybe reality is hitting her. No more $6 lattes, take out, jetting off to wherever whenever, manicures,etc. It's time to grow up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

This is the problem with raising children in a herd according to what religion has decided girls SHOULD WANT. That means all Carlin should have wanted was a cute man who'd provide + babies. She got that. And is miserable . . . wait what happened, I bet she feels some "guilt" about not being happy when this is what she prayed for?? Uh yeah because different people want different things. I think Tori, Erin, Josie DID just want the man + babies and now are pretty content with their home lives. Carlin OTOH [and I think Katie and to some extent Alyssa] are different personalities. Not saying husband and babies isn't right for them ever, but Carlin is also someone who would've enjoyed college if she had gone to a real school [not a few semesters at Crown and finishing online at Liberty] - actual dorm life, sorority, road trips w/ friends, real parties where you talk to/flirt with boys. Kelly did say she LOVED the 1-2 semesters she spent at Crown and was never home bc she always always hanging out at school. Uh yeah genius parents, you should have pushed this one hard to take time for herself and do 4 yrs of in person school, not marry at 21. She and Evan also would've done well even if they wanted to marry young bc SEX  to use BC and not make a honeymoon baby. They would've been happier just the 2 of them for ~5+ yrs, picking up and going whenever he didn't have school to wherever they wanted to travel be it vacations or long weekends, no worries about a kid with a heart issue, feeding that kid, potty training the kid, a house that's too small for 4 ppl yet can't afford/find another, and non stop OBGYN appts for complications.

But - no babies until ages 26 and 29?! Heavens no that is NOT going to make you happy bc that is not God's will for a woman - to delay motherhood.

On top of realizing the freebies from UP are now gone and it really is just Evan's salary + holding onto some YT income and BSB income, I think it's hitting Carlin and Evan HARD that it'll be drudgery with 2 under 2- with no respite of free vacations every few months courtesy of UP to look forward to. And then when it comes to the real world, they're divorced from reality. She posted some stupid skit about how she's not even disappointed anymore if they don't get a house blah blah. Morons - it is the tightest housing market in years bc of lack of new construction [and thus ppl aren't vacating older homes bc the new home they're trying to build doesn't have electrical yet bc the copper wiring factory has been shut down due to covid] AND there are buyers out there with way more money who can outbid a mere student/apprentice?? Like do they really EXPECT to win with [I presume] 3% down offers when others have the cash to go 20k over asking and oh yeah when the house appraisal is off by 10k, NBD they can kick in another 10k too?? Like why not rent something bigger and revisit this in like 6-12 mos??

Carlin doesn't look well right now. ALL the videos posted today - even the "happy" ones show a woman who has been legit crying all day. And I'm sorry but you know she's 100% jealous that Z&W are onto house #2. I wonder if bestie Whit is backing off a little bit - they don't seem as chummy chummy as a few months ago and today as she's videoing Z&W's house both are kind of "ignoring" her and continuing to work on the house and Z seems a bit annoyed that she tracked paint all over his brand new floors . . . .

• Love 7