Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

She does that because she has never been taught anything else.  That is what is so sad about all this.  Their parents experienced the "real" world and then made the decision to deny their children the same opportunities that the real "world" has.  It is especially sad for the females because they are the ones that are truly denied and they will never know any better unless their husband(s) is of a different mindset.  I think Brandon allows Michael a different outlook and we know the Whitney and Zack really don't drink the kool-aid too much, or at least Zack doesn't.  I think that Kelly Jo has browbeat Whitney enough to keep her in line with what she wants.

No religion does this-just the ones that MAN has twisted to suit what he wants.  That includes picking and choosing certain Bible verses and then ignoring the others.  Like why woman was created.  Love how the fundies love to say helpmate but act as slaves.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, iluvobx said:

She does that because she has never been taught anything else.  That is what is so sad about all this.  Their parents experienced the "real" world and then made the decision to deny their children the same opportunities that the real "world" has.  It is especially sad for the females because they are the ones that are truly denied and they will never know any better unless their husband(s) is of a different mindset.  I think Brandon allows Michael a different outlook and we know the Whitney and Zack really don't drink the kool-aid too much, or at least Zack doesn't.  I think that Kelly Jo has browbeat Whitney enough to keep her in line with what she wants.

No religion does this-just the ones that MAN has twisted to suit what he wants.  That includes picking and choosing certain Bible verses and then ignoring the others.  Like why woman was created.  Love how the fundies love to say helpmate but act as slaves.

The word helpmate has sidekick/lackey/underling vibes so it's why the roles can come off unequal. Carlin doesn't seem like the slave type to me. 

As for Michael, both she and Brandon grew up in IBLP and Brandon still works for them! If Michael had babies, she would be no different than her sisters/parents. Since they are childfree, she is allowed/encouraged to pursue other options. It helps too that Brandon's job isn't very secure as IBLP is falling influence. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I told Carlin to wear her mask properly. Even Evan managed that. She doesn't cover her nose at all.

I'm really surprised they haven't changed the video thumbnail yet...

• Love 2

Man they're getting desperate for things to film. A drs. visit for a cold -- how scintillating. And I guess these 2 will live by the mantra of "we're first time parents." We get it but get it a grip. You grew up in a family with 18 other siblings and there's dozens of grandkids -- you've really absorbed NOTHING from being around kids your whole life?? I get it when it's yours it's different and more scary but come on they act like they're each from a family of 2 siblings and the last time they were near a kid was when they were a kid. And really asking medical professionals to weigh in on your videos?? You know you're going to the dr for this cold and again next wk for a 6 mo check up -- you really can't bring the video and ask the dr you'll see in 15 min??

And why can't Carlin buy masks that fit? This is the 2nd time we've seen her in a mask that's utterly useless because it's so big that it sits a half inch off her face and leaves her nose and part of her mouth open; she also flew to Arkansas with a cloth mask with the same issues. She supposedly loves to shop -- does she not realize that even Target and Old Navy have masks now as cheap at $2 or $5 -- why not get a few, see what fits and use that one?? And wasn't she raised in a fundie family where girls are supposed to have household abilities, can she really not sew herself a mask using the millions of patterns out there??

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Man they're getting desperate for things to film. A drs. visit for a cold -- how scintillating. And I guess these 2 will live by the mantra of "we're first time parents." We get it but get it a grip. You grew up in a family with 18 other siblings and there's dozens of grandkids -- you've really absorbed NOTHING from being around kids your whole life?? I get it when it's yours it's different and more scary but come on they act like they're each from a family of 2 siblings and the last time they were near a kid was when they were a kid. And really asking medical professionals to weigh in on your videos?? You know you're going to the dr for this cold and again next wk for a 6 mo check up -- you really can't bring the video and ask the dr you'll see in 15 min??

And why can't Carlin buy masks that fit? This is the 2nd time we've seen her in a mask that's utterly useless because it's so pick that it sits a half inch off her face and leaves her nose and part of her mouth open; she also flew to Arkansas with a cloth mask with the same issues. She supposedly loves to shop -- does she not realize that even Target and Old Navy have masks now as cheap at $2 or $5 -- why not get a few, see what fits and use that one?? And wasn't she raised in a fundie family where girls are supposed to have household abilities, can she really not sew herself a mask using the millions of patterns out there??

Oh stop, @cereality - you are making way too much sense!!!!!  That may or may not be the wine talking.

Edited by lookeyloo
to add
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, cereality said:

This is what I refer to her as her willful ignorance. I shared a memory at the funeral of my aunt a few weeks ago that she used to hand me her infant son with a bottle and say feed him. I was so lost with a baby at 7 years old, as I was an only child. I didn't know how to feed a baby. I had never even held a baby. He moved, unlike my dolls. And don't get me started on trying to change a diaper. There was no youtube or Google back then. 

But I didn't grow up in a family of 19 kids. I didn't have that constant bombardment of babies everywhere and a mom always pregnant. Carlin and the other girls to some extent had to go out of their way to not know things about children at all. I get that Michaela took on a lot of those assignments of cooking, cleaning, and raising babies, but I promise there were moments where Carlin could have done that. If not, what about after Michaela got married and there were nieces and nephews about. I promise that Whitney or Erin would have welcomed Carlin, Josie, Katie, and Tori over to babysit at any time. 

Tori, Carlin, and Josie laugh about how they can't cook. Did they bother to ask for guidance beyond the made for tv moments where Kelly Jo taught them how to make fried chicken? Did they bother to pick up a book to read? Heck, did they ever read the outside of a prepackaged can or box of food?

With Tori, Josie, and Erin (not including Alyssa or Michaela who seem to manage every day tasks well), they at least display talents in some areas where they concentrate their time. Tori is comfortable with babies and children (though not at teaching it would seem) and music. Josie has some talent and skill in hair styling, etc. It might not be my style, but she is competent at it. Erin has her music and seems to have picked up skills in cooking. But what is it that Carlin does that takes her time away from learning how to be an adult? She sings and does some musical things, but not on the same scale as some of her siblings. She dabbles in doing people's hair, but not like Josie or Katie. She is actively pushing away any knowledge of anything, but I can't figure out what she replaces that with instead.    

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

This is what I refer to her as her willful ignorance. I shared a memory at the funeral of my aunt a few weeks ago that she used to hand me her infant son with a bottle and say feed him. I was so lost with a baby at 7 years old, as I was an only child. I didn't know how to feed a baby. I had never even held a baby. He moved, unlike my dolls. And don't get me started on trying to change a diaper. There was no youtube or Google back then. 

But I didn't grow up in a family of 19 kids. I didn't have that constant bombardment of babies everywhere and a mom always pregnant. Carlin and the other girls to some extent had to go out of their way to not know things about children at all. I get that Michaela took on a lot of those assignments of cooking, cleaning, and raising babies, but I promise there were moments where Carlin could have done that. If not, what about after Michaela got married and there were nieces and nephews about. I promise that Whitney or Erin would have welcomed Carlin, Josie, Katie, and Tori over to babysit at any time. 

Tori, Carlin, and Josie laugh about how they can't cook. Did they bother to ask for guidance beyond the made for tv moments where Kelly Jo taught them how to make fried chicken? Did they bother to pick up a book to read? Heck, did they ever read the outside of a prepackaged can or box of food?

With Tori, Josie, and Erin (not including Alyssa or Michaela who seem to manage every day tasks well), they at least display talents in some areas where they concentrate their time. Tori is comfortable with babies and children (though not at teaching it would seem) and music. Josie has some talent and skill in hair styling, etc. It might not be my style, but she is competent at it. Erin has her music and seems to have picked up skills in cooking. But what is it that Carlin does that takes her time away from learning how to be an adult? She sings and does some musical things, but not on the same scale as some of her siblings. She dabbles in doing people's hair, but not like Josie or Katie. She is actively pushing away any knowledge of anything, but I can't figure out what she replaces that with instead.    

re: Carlin - that hair and makeup and practicing the head toss to full advantage does take time!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

re: Carlin - that hair and makeup and practicing the head toss to full advantage does take time!!

Maybe someone should write notes to her about things she should know and place them on the mirror or on the phone next to the lens. That may be the only way to reach her. 

• Love 3

I couldn't make it through the pediatrician visit video. Couple of things:

1. I now dislike them worse because they use Comic Sans font for the "Stewart Fam" title. 

2. Poor baby is not able to sleep so let's video ourselves talking loudly and laughing while she tries to sleep.

3. Carlin talks about breathing issues, but has the baby's face close to her chest and sweater. As the mother of a (now not baby) girl with severe allergies, her breathing was worse when she was near clothes or sheets, etc. that I washed in a certain detergent. Probably not a great idea to keep Layla's head pressed with your hand holding her in place only an inch so away from fabric that could aggravate or cause the breathing issues to be worse. 

4.  While I will never understand their desire to film every single thing, especially what could possibly be a medical emergency, they not only filmed their decision making, but had to call the pediatrician office, discuss whether to call the doctor, discuss whether to go, discuss whether to film, and then even put a bow on the kid's head so that nobody would mistake her for a boy? And no doubt Carlin put on extra make up and Evan spruced up to film. 

• Love 2

So Carlin’s IG saying her and Evan both came down with Covid and are now recovering. Damn. As much as we hate on them, I feel bad. Also wonder how they’re managing with a baby or if the baby has gone to a sibling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Gee it's not like you could have stayed home and quarantined you know. Buying that car at the Duggar lot was so much more important than staying healthy and keeping your daughter safe. I wonder how many other people they gave a COVID gift to?

• Love 2

Are a shit ton of people now getting tested? Because they were going to church + choir practice in person weekly — indoors, one of those mega churches. Then there’s the nightly games of “spike ball” they’ve been playing with the Bates fam — outdoors but all touching one ball — usually E&C, Trace, Law, Jackson, Warden, Isiah, and frequently Bobby and Chad. They had gone and visited his parents multiple times around the time of the Arkansas trip but that was weeks ago so maybe out of the 14 days but I hope the Rocky Top family is considering testing and maybe re thinking laying low. Though IDK Chad, Erin, Bobby, Tori, Trace and some combo of Jackson/Warden/Isiah went hiking yesterday so it didn’t look like there’s a push to “separate” households again.

• Love 3

What about Evan filming himself on his first day of school, I'm guessing last Monday. Was he sick then? He had to have at least been positive. 

Who knows where they got it or who they passed it to?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Their trip to see Joy was over a month ago around the 4th of July . I don't they came down with it, but it's up to two weeks incubation period. They didn't have COVID when they were at Joy's or AR. They would have announced long before now. Evan's job as electrician and all those doctor's visits met there was going to be some risk. Beyond that, yeah they don't seem too cautious, but it's hard to say how they got it. 

I hope they're okay and that Layla is safe. I hope this encourages people, particularly fundies, to be more cautious and take the virus more seriously. 

• Love 3

People are commenting that the virus is a political tool, not that serious, and to "live your life." No, not even a star fundie "coming down" with it will make these people take the virus more seriously.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Needed a space
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

People are commenting that the virus is a political tool, not that serious, and to "live your life." No, not even a star fundie"coming down" with it will make these people take the virus more seriously.

Considering it seems to be two very mild cases, I'm afraid you're right. 

• Love 3

Since Layla seems to be having an external hive reaction, perhaps Carlin needs to  keep her out of the weeds and off of the grass right now. I wouldn't have gone to a spike ball game at this time if I were her. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is Carlin deleting negative responses? The entire comment section is one big lovefest.

Yes someone said earlier their comment was deleted bc it was the “truth” re them traveling etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

She can't delete here, so I'm assuming you mean she can delete her Instagram responses.

They're all looking so relaxed about the pandemic, maybe because their God and their politicians will protect them?

Once again, they're in their own bubble of blissful unawareness.

• Love 1

I wouldn't wish COVID-19 on anyone - well maybe that one woman I can't stand but I believe in karma so I'll stop now. 

Must have been a mild case to have time and energy to do a photo where they both got presentable enough to look television level sick. It would have been nice for her to make a mention that people should do everything they can (masks, social distancing, etc.) to avoid it. But I guess that would have taken the focus off of her. 

• Love 5

https://people.com/tv/carlin-bates-reveals-she-and-her-husband-evan-stewart-were-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/

Interesting bit of info:

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

Why was she staying with her grandparents AGAIN?  When they went to visit Joy Carlin made a big fuss over how hard it was to leave her baby, and then she turned around and did the same thing a couple of weeks later. 

These two are definitely not mature enough to be parents.  Poor Layla.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

https://people.com/tv/carlin-bates-reveals-she-and-her-husband-evan-stewart-were-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/

Interesting bit of info:

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

Why was she staying with her grandparents AGAIN?  When they went to visit Joy Carlin made a big fuss over how hard it was to leave her baby, and then she turned around and did the same thing a couple of weeks later. 

When I read this I thought the same thing.....I know grandparents are proud to see their babies but it appears she is staying at length with them 😞 poor Layla. She is such a little thing to be spending so much time away from her parents. Also has she been bottle fed the whole time? I know they are big on breastfeeding, she must be storing her milk.

• Love 4

WTH?! So E&C dump their freaking 6 month old on her grandparents 3 hours away for days at a time?? Because why would a 6 month old be visiting the grandparents alone? She did that last month when these two just HAD TO go to Joy's baby shower, and Carlin cried like it was the end of the world even though she was CHOOSING to go to a freaking PARTY. My guess is they got that childfree weekend last month and were like damn this is nice, no late night feedings or wake up calls, sex whenever, staying up as late as we want without dreading the 6 am wakeup for the baby, no entertaining a fussy baby 24-7 . . . it's like we're dating or a young married couple who didn't make a honeymoon baby, hmm let's make this a regular thing maybe even like once a month and it's totally fine because her grandparents love her and want to dote on her so it's not like she'll be ignored like at the Bates home were there are 9700 people walking around.

Only these two idiots would choose to separate themselves from their baby DURING a pandemic. I mean wouldn't this be the exact fear right now -- you let your baby stay somewhere else and that person gets exposed and now your baby is exposed? Wouldn't you feel that guilt forever? And wouldn't you be scared of some kind of quarantine situation -- where you can't get to your baby for 2 weeks bc you can't go to their house or they can't bring her to you or hell Nashville sees a jump in cases and decides non Nashville residents aren't coming in for a while? I mean the situation is so fluid who knows what could happen?

I mean people would worry about that for ANY baby but you'd think you wouldn't let a baby with heart issues and known breathing problems do this during a pandemic just because you wanted to feel young and in love without a screaming baby?? Like if Layla had an issue where she needed to be run to the dr -- which has happened before -- you'd really feel ok being THREE HOURS away from a kid who isn't old enough to tell the dr. they're short of breath or whatever?? I know her grandparents love her but come on that's just irresponsible. Plus it's not like E's parents are living a quarantine type of life. I mean I don't want to criticize them bc I don't know, maybe they are being careful, but Evan's brother lives with them and has gone out with E&C and his other siblings to Top Golf etc. (IDK if the parents came -- can't recall) and is likely seeing his girlfriend who lives with whoever she lives with, so this isn't one of those homes where they prepped for 2 weeks by never going out in advance of Layla's arrival and once she arrives no one will go any place besides the backyard. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, cereality said:

Plus it's not like E's parents are living a quarantine type of life. I mean I don't want to criticize them bc I don't know, maybe they are being careful, but Evan's brother lives with them and has gone out with E&C and his other siblings to Top Golf etc. (IDK if the parents came -- can't recall) and is likely seeing his girlfriend who lives with whoever she lives with, so this isn't one of those homes where they prepped for 2 weeks by never going out in advance of Layla's arrival and once she arrives no one will go any place besides the backyard. 

Exactly. Plus the other married siblings bring their kids over all the time, if social media posts are any indication.  Sure, Layla probably gets better care and more attention than she would at Gil and Kelly's place, but she's hardly being isolated. 

I wonder who the "other family members who tested positive" are.  The sister who brought her girls to visit?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

When I read this I thought the same thing.....I know grandparents are proud to see their babies but it appears she is staying at length with them 😞 poor Layla. She is such a little thing to be spending so much time away from her parents. Also has she been bottle fed the whole time? I know they are big on breastfeeding, she must be storing her milk.

Am I the only one who is shocked that they didn't ask Michaela to care for Layla? If they did, I'm shocked (and proud) that Michaela said no. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

I guess this means that Carlin and Evan won't be having a zillion little angels. 

I wouldn't be surprised if with this "alone" time she ends up pregnant again.  I hope not since they can't handle being parents to Layla, but since I'm sure they aren't using any sort of birth control.... a pandemic baby.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 3

Knowing that they have Covid and watching their videos just pisses me off on so many levels.  So irresponsible.  I don't give a crap about your faith over fear beliefs.  Have a little thought for your daughter and everyone else out there.   She's not a rag dog to carry around the park.  And Evan can get a big clue plastered on his immature ass - going to class with Covid.   They are just wrong and too immature to be popping out kids. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Interesting bit of info:

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing.

I'm a bit confused on this nursing comment.  How many days can you be away from your baby and still be producing milk?  Of course she could have been pumping while she was away, but that would require effort on her part.

• Love 3

She may be one of the lucky women who has no trouble pumping.  Plopping herself down in front of the tv and pumping is probably a lot easier than caring for a fussy baby.  Joy talked about a great pump that Carlin had recommended in one of her You Tube videos.

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But is her milk safe? Maybe after she's been cleared, but she certainly couldn't have been pumping while sick.

Pump and dump.

ETA: The CDC says it is not likely to be a source of transmission.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sure. But I was implying that she would save what she pumped, possibly even sent along to Layla when she was "quarantined" in Nashville. 

I don't put anything past these idiots.

Of course.  Their track record speaks for itself.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Interesting bit of info:

Thank you for sharing this! I took the liberty of also posting this in the Sweet Fellowship thread in the Duggars/Counting On forum.  I hope this family is okay. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1