Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E40: Season Finale

Lady Calypso
Message added by Lady Calypso

Heads up! This thread will serve a dual purpose: our SPOILER FREE LIVE discussion thread AND to discuss the finale once it is over. If you would like to discuss the finale live but include spoilers and information outside of the episode, please head to our Live Feeds Discussion thread. 

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Boo! If Holly wins then bitter juries are all there will ever be. And social game would be THE most important part going forward!

Quick question, I’m a newbie to the show. Is voting for the winner blind? Will we find out who voted for who?

So glad this crappy season is over. I cared so little at this point, I fast forwarded through everything up to when the reunion started. 

We needed waaaaaay more than 20 mins for that reunion. It was glorious watching Jackson look increasingly terrified as he realized that America thinks he’s a racist POS. Maybe I’m projecting, but I swear there was some extra shade on Julie’s “You wanted your confetti. You got your confetti!” 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

But will they write the check out to Jackson or to the Jack-bestowed pointless nickname they insisted on calling him all season?

Also, was Dr. Will wearing a tuxedo, orange lipstick, cropped pants and no shoes? Just checking.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Almost looked like at the end there Jackson didn't care that he won if it meant that he disappointed his momma.  

Yay Nicole! America's favorite houseguest!

Love that they let Kemi, David and Ovi talk about the racism and bullying and love that they gave Bella an opportunity to confront Nick. 

• Love 20

Finale's over! They totally made it look like Nicole won part 2 on her edit vs Holly's. Holly ended up kicking her butt in it. Thought Nicole would have had a chance in that comp vs Jackson if she won part 2. Jackson did a great job arguing his case I thought with his reasoning behind it. He deserved to win that game. I think Jackson was in shock over the whole "controversy". Totally didn't see that coming at all. His mood didn't change after he won. Jack calling Will Doc was so annoying, as was his bit. We definitely needed more then 20 minutes for all the controversy's this season. So disappointed they concentrated Nicole getting shut out of the room vs Nicole getting straight up bullied by Bella and Nick. Nicole deserved an apology from them on live TV.

Edited by yanksno1
Didn't end a sentence!
  • Love 11

Though I thought Miche had been rude/controlling at times in the house, I believed he deserved to win. I agree that when gr8ful kept Nicole out of the room it verged on/crossed the line into bullying, but as far as the racism, I'm sorry, I disagree. Kemi was not exactly warm, fuzzy and welcoming so she was not going to endear herself to people. Her behavior was also rude, condescending and annoying. That type of behavior is going to work against someone regardless of the color of their skin.

I do think gr8ful, including Michie was rude to Ovi and treated him badly. I think inapprpriate comments were made about Bella. These actions were by a few houseguests. 

I wasn't thrilled with this season for a multitude of reasons which have been discussed ad nauseum on this board. I'm happy its over and Michie, Holly and Nicole walked away happy. Now we can all go on our merry little ways as well. Until next summer...here's hoping its a better one next year.

• Love 9

Since there was no mention of it when Julie was signing off at the end of the show, I'm guessing that means there won't be another Celebrity Big Brother in Jan-Feb next year?  She would have said something about it if it were going to come back, right?

If so, that's too bad.   I was hoping there would be another one.  Every time they do an off-season version of Big Brother (including Over the Top 3 years ago, and including the non-celebrity winter edition many, many years ago), I end up really liking it -- and then they don't bring it back!

While I might not necessarily love each celebrity chosen to be in the house, I still liked the celebrity version of the show in general.

• Love 5

Wow, Dr Will looked like a ventriloquist's dummy sitting there made up in his white make up, slightly silvered hair and suit with bow tie!  If he wanted to stand out from the group, it was a win.

Very interesting to see Michie's (gah, last time I print or say that name) whole persona change when:

1. Holly explained how she played the game (and it wasn't being pulled along by him)

2. He was being shown as a possible racist on national television and Mommy would see!!  

I actually felt sorry for the guy when he walked out into the confetti-- all his triumph was ruined for him.  I don't like him but I had an inkling of how he was raised by the way he acted and it was sad.  He will never be 'normal' and may fall apart when she dies.  I blame Big Brother for casting people like this.  They know what they're doing.  😞 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Since there was no mention of it when Julie was signing off at the end of the show, I'm guessing that means there won't be another Celebrity Big Brother in Jan-Feb next year? 

Good question!  I too like Celeb BB.

• Love 3

Dr. Will looked like when the gradeschool play puts baby powder in one kids hair to make him "look old". It was so off putting to me...

I liked that they went down the racism and bullying angle, but it could have been more pointed and damning based on what we know. Like "Hey Jack, why did you decide to put all the minorities in the house and the old guy up for 'Banishment'?" But then they'd have to admit that their little "twist" backfired on them. "How did you Ovi feel being forced to live in the Big Brother Slum?" Etc.

Jackson didn't look happy at the end but I bet when he gets that check it will turn his frown upside-down.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Good question!  I too like Celeb BB.

I get the feeling that Celeb BB is not something CBS would cancel completely -- forever -- but it might be the sort of thing they decide on from year to year.  In other words, they might skip a year and then come back to it the following year.  It might not be an annual event like the regular summer season of BB.

Other possibilities could be that:  (1) Celeb BB is coming back, but with a different host (not Julie), which would explain why she did not say anything about it at the end of tonight's show; OR (2) CBS is skipping Celeb BB in 2020 and instead trying another version of the online-only BB Over the Top in the fall, which they have not done in 3 years.   Maybe CBS wants to alternate between OTT and CBB?  (That's probably wishful thinking, though!  lol)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

They totally took the piss out of Michie. Called a racist on TV and then he gets the money. Enjoy it buddy. Seeing what people think about you in the public eye should be fun. He earned the money and put the work in but damn. Money is not worth my integrity.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Since there was no mention of it when Julie was signing off at the end of the show, I'm guessing that means there won't be another Celebrity Big Brother in Jan-Feb next year?  She would have said something about it if it were going to come back, right?

Celebrity Big Brother was, indeed, canceled. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Celebrity Big Brother was, indeed, canceled. 

Interesting!   I read a few different articles that indicated it had not been added to the CBS schedule for 2020, but I didn't see anything official about it being cancelled.   (I didn't look at the right articles, clearly!)   That's why I thought they might skip a year and then bring it back in 2021 or something.  

Well, that's too bad, if true.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Interesting!   I read a few different articles that indicated it had not been added to the CBS schedule for 2020, but I didn't see anything official about it being cancelled.   (I didn't look at the right articles, clearly!)   That's why I thought they might skip a year and then bring it back in 2021 or something.  

Well, that's too bad, if true.

No, you're right that it wasn't officially canceled. But it was pretty much canceled. It's not airing this year and it was not included in Julie's renewed contract for next year, ya know?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He earned the money and put the work in but damn. Money is not worth my integrity.

I bet the others wished they had voted for Holly.  After Julie said that stuff I went online and looked up the stuff.  Wow, just wow.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Also, was Dr. Will wearing a tuxedo, orange lipstick, cropped pants and no shoes? Just checking.

I think even Billy Porter would take one look and say "TOOOO GAAAAAAAAY!"

Edited by HighMaintenance
Because I am a sloppy poster.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

WOW.  That might have been one of the best finales ever in terms of airing out all the dirty laundry, giving everyone on pre-jury a chance to talk (except Sam, who sat there stonily with a delightfully disgusted look on his face), hearing Kemi, David and Ovi give very true and concise statements about what went down, watching the "DING!" go off in Snackson's brain when he realized that while he might win, his image had been good and properly tarnished, seeing Holly actually campaign for herself by talking about the times where she had to rein in her BF, and Nicole's truly shocked expression upon winning AFP.  As always it was rushed, but I couldn't look away.

The audience's lukewarm reception of the final two was completely awesome.  Jackson's stony face upon exiting to his beloved confetti was wonderful.  Hearing Momma Michie say something along the lines of "there were just some weird conversations" while Jackson stood there stunned - beautiful.

Now, all the houseguests can go away.  Except Nicole, I would like to see her come back.  And Ovi.  Kemi.  David.  Ok, that's all.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

This finale was the typical anticlimactic 90 minutes of Flashback, Flashback, Flashback, Filler, Filler, Part 2 Comp, Filler, Filler, Part 3 HOH, then HURRY UP, HURRY UP, HURRY UP! OK, BYE!

I'm sorry, but Chenbot is not the same as in earlier seasons.  She just seems so awkward at hosting anymore, it is cringworthy.  It bugs that she wanted the 2 finalists to state their case on how they played, but "wrap it up" came up too many times to count.  

Glad Nicole won the AFP, but it was no surprise.  The stuff about Kemi's race relations seemed forced and stupid.  Julie was trying to force (phony) apologies out of everyone because Kemi felt slighted (she always seems to project a bitchy mean girl persona), although Julie just kind of brushed off David and Ovi's input.  Same with the bullying of Nicole - I don't think they held Bella and Nick accountable for their part in it.

Speaking of Bella & Nick.  Hohum.  Bella stating that Nick made her look stupid.  No, Bella.  You made yourself look stupid - you hooked up with a stranger after a week and bumped uglies on national TV and then got butthurt when it wasn't twu luv 4 evah.  You were both slutty famewhores.

Snackson is gonna need therapy after this.  Although, he probably needed it before BB.  Hilarious that both he and Holly are gonna take it "one day at a time".  Psst...Julie, that's code speak for "we're just not that into each other anymore".

Thank gawd for the much more entertaining FORUMS here!  Reading these posts were 10x more entertaining than this season.

• Love 11

Dr.Will looks like he should be hosting a Saturday night horror movie marathon.

One of the best outcomes since Paul's loss, chapter 2. 

Poor Dickie.  Not a happy camper.   Maybe he can return to host a comp next season.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

The stuff about Kemi's race relations seemed forced and stupid.  Julie was trying to force (phony) apologies out of everyone because Kemi felt slighted (she always seems to project a bitchy mean girl persona), although Julie just kind of brushed off David and Ovi's input.  Same with the bullying of Nicole - I don't think they held Bella and Nick accountable for their part in it.

Snackson is gonna need therapy after this.  Although, he probably needed it before BB.  Hilarious that both he and Holly are gonna take it "one day at a time".  Psst...Julie, that's code speak for "we're just not that into each other anymore".

Kemi didn't come off particularly well last night. Chenbot was running interference for her, but she just acted aloof and above it all.

What I noticed about Jackson and Holly: They hugged briefly when he was announced as the winner. No kiss at all. They walked out the front door without holding hands or touching in any way. They didn't even look at each other that much. Once the confetti started flying, they perfunctorily held hands before going their separate ways.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

Bella stating that Nick made her look stupid.  No, Bella.  You made yourself look stupid - you hooked up with a stranger after a week and bumped uglies on national TV and then got butthurt when it wasn't twu luv 4 evah.

Yup....though she looked beautiful, I felt nothing for her hurt.

What the mannequin was going on with Dr. Will?  Gotdamn, if he were near a fire he'd melt like a candle....and to think I thought he was handsome once upon a time.

9 hours ago, stcroix said:

I actually felt sorry for Jackson when he walked out into the confetti-- all his triumph was ruined for him. 

Ahhhh, but the knowledge that he came across to America as a bullying condescending racist was the cherry on the cake for me....enjoy your money asshole, I hope everything else eats at you for a long, long time.

I hated that he won because while he was a comp beast, Production helped him along with some stuff and to me that's cheating.....Grandma Beth may have rode on his coattails and dick, but at least she played fair and square; she should have won the game IMO.

Pussy right to the end, eh Cliff?  Disappointed that he voted for Legohead and annoyed that he was anywhere near AFH.  Get a job and stay off my screen forever, thanks.

I liked Kemi's response to Jack about maybe watching the season and then think about why you are really apologizing....she wasn't giving him or anyone else an inch and I loved it.  I wish Julie would have given David more time to say his peace instead of cutting him off near the end.

Yay, Nicole for AFH!  I wish Kemi, Ovi or David had been in the top 3.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The only consolation here was seeing Jackson realize America thinks he's racist.  He did NOT look happy walking out of that house. I think that's the most stoic winner the show has ever had. Neither of them even cracked a smile until Julie asked them if they would continue their romance outside of the house. Way to redeem yourselves, assholes. 

The show is just overly obsessed with showmances, to the point where it tried way too hard to make a thing out of Nick and Bella. Bella was the one who instigated the whole "let's blame everything on Nicole" rampage the Hateful 8 went on so she can just shut it. I did like Kemi, David and Ovi getting their chance to talk but it was really Julie who drove the point home when she said how the audience had perceived Jackson's banishments.

I'm meh on Nicole. I guess there's really no one else and I'm glad Cliff didn't get it but she's just a little too precious for me with her butterfly crap.

I called F2 as Jackson and Jack back in Week 1. I was off by one. I called Jackson the winner at least halfway back into the season. It was a slow and boring crawl to an inevitable finish.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

What I noticed about Jackson and Holly: They hugged briefly when he was announced as the winner. No kiss at all. They walked out the front door without holding hands or touching in any way. They didn't even look at each other that much. Once the confetti started flying, they perfunctorily held hands before going their separate ways.

Jackson’s stand-off-ish-ness was totally unremarkable and to be expected, if the truth be told.  Let’s face it - you just KNEW Jackson would come down with a major case of butthurtitude the moment Holly made any kind of cogent argument which supported her own case to win, and not his.  

Frankly, I think one of the primary reasons Jackson took Holly instead of Nicole to F2 was less about personal loyalty, and more about a fantasy Jackson had built up in his head which involved Holly using her why-I-should-win-F2 speech time slot to say something along the lines of “Vote for Jackson, not me, because he deserves it so... much... MORE!!!”  After which Jackson wins by a 300-to-nothing vote, of course, and exits to a cloud of perpetual confetti which follows him around all the rest of his days....

Hey - a girl can dream, can’t she?  😂

Edited by Nashville
Because creating new words is *fun*!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I noticed that when Julie asked McBeth if they were going to continue their love affair outside of the house, Holly laughed and shrugged and parroted Jackson's "one day at a time" spiel.  I was somewhat happy that she seemed to give as many F's about him as he did about her.  I guess that's something?

And LOLZ for Julie Chen Moonves calling the Final HOH "The Battle of the Showmance."  Because yes, that's all it was.  I had predicted that those two would be over by sometime this afternoon....apparently they were over the second Julie announced Snackson as the winner.  They exited the house practically like strangers.  While I expected it from Snack, I wonder if Julie's calling him out as racist, and Holly's realization about how he was perceived by the outside, gave her the final smack upside the head that she needed...or was she playing him all along?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I wonder if they were having a problem finding "celebrities" willing to play.

Isn't there a whole bunch of people who left the "administration" willing to go on tv.  For them it would be to repair their standings.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Kemi didn't come off particularly well last night. Chenbot was running interference for her, but she just acted aloof and above it all.

There's a Kemi bashing compilation video on YouTube that runs 40+ minutes in case you think these scumbags weren't obsessed with her the entire season, including well after she was voted out. 

Whether it was racist or not, these people said some absolutely vile shit about a person they don't even know. Jack despised her so all his mindless drones just followed the herd. They should all be put on blast, not just Jack.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If you get a chance to watch the closing credits, please listen to what Michie is saying in front of his (I assume) parents.

I watched the credits but couldn't hear what anybody was saying.  Could you tell us what was said please?

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Julie  should have called them all out on their apparent behavior before the pleas to the jury, and the jury vote.  That would put extra pressure on the houseguests' pleas and also more pressure on the jury.

She can't.  Julie isn't allowed to say anything about the game or the houseguests until after all the votes have been cast in the finale.  The jury isn't allowed to know anything from the outside world or what the outside world has seen/heard while the game is still going on.  

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Cutty said:

There's a Kemi bashing compilation video on YouTube that runs 40+ minutes in case you think these scumbags weren't obsessed with her the entire season, including well after she was voted out. 

Whether it was racist or not, these people said some absolutely vile shit about a person they don't even know. Jack despised her so all his mindless drones just followed the herd. They should all be put on blast, not just Jack.

I agree, they do need to be smacked down about some of that nasty shit talking they did about her (and several other people in the house).  However, this crap seems to have happened EVERY SINGLE SEASON in the last 10 years or so.  Some of it blatantly vile, some of it more passive/aggressive.  There have been some real nasty racist people in BB as well as some who have not progressed beyond 8th grade smack talk. But I'm sure while production condemns this to the general public, I imagine them in the control room cackling with glee thinking "this is going to make for good dramatic TV!" 

EH, just one more reason I wouldn't try out for BB.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

WOW.  That might have been one of the best finales ever in terms of airing out all the dirty laundry, giving everyone on pre-jury a chance to talk (except Sam, who sat there stonily with a delightfully disgusted look on his face),

In his post show RHAP interview Sam said he was supposed to give a comment but didn't get asked. He said he was incredibly uncomfortable and sweating during the last part because everyone was so tense and embarrassed. He said he had no idea what face to make. He couldn't smile or people would think he wasn't taking it seriously. He didn't want to look mad or too serious. He was dying. 

His interview reminded me how funny he was. Rob kept cracking up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Snacks got exactly what he deserved. I have never laughed harder at a finale than watching Snacks and Beth walk out completely somber. This beats where the BB4 jury was dead quiet when Jun won.

The look on Beth's face when Tommy asked the question implying Snackson was misogynistic was great. Then it kept going to "Oh shiiiiiit... What have I latched myself to" as the finale progressed. 

He could have played the same game without being an asshole. Everything with Snackson is he is the victim. I have no sympathy for him and watching the outrage about poor Jackson is hilarious. This is Big Brother. Expect the unexpected. Not the least bit sorry his confetti was ruined. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Love 7

I absolutely loved the look on Nicole's face when she just stopped talking during her interview with Julie because she caught sight of her mom in the audience.  That was so real and true and genuine.

Jackson was so glum.  Yeah, you won, asshole, but you're figuring out that the rest of the world saw what a jerk you really are.  Hold tight to your momma's love, because that's all that's going to get you through these next few months...

Eh, what am I saying?  There will be plenty of women who will throw themselves at him and that will eventually validate him, and he'll continue on thinking he's a really great guy who was treated unfairly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Jackson’s stand-off-ish-ness was totally unremarkable and to be expected, if the truth be told.  Let’s face it - you just KNEW Jackson would come down with a major case of butthurtitude the moment Holly made any kind of cogent argument which supported her own case to win, and not his.

I attribute their stoicism more to the fact that Jackson was gob-smacked by the accusation he was racist. You could see his entire demeanor shift when Julie pointed out that perception to him. That couldn't have sat well with Holly either, by association. They knew they'd be walking out into an audience that didn't like them. Neither were prepared for that. They had no idea.

IIRC, he said to his (parents?) that he is not racist.  His (Mom?) said we know that.

Given that this was the first thing he wanted to address with his parents you can see how it was weighing on him. Clearly he'd been told he wasn't coming off very well awhile back but apparently nobody gave him the specifics on why. 

Honestly, in 21 seasons I've never seen a winner so stone-faced. 

It was a thing of glory.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

Understandable, yes.   The idea that the dude has no self-awareness astounds me.

He knew he wasn't liked by the audience. However he changed himself to make himself look better, not because he had a sincere change of heart. I would have to go back to look for his rant but he was blabbing about no longer walking around shirtless and gaining weight to be more relatable to the audience and how the audience wasn't grateful. 

That's why I have no sympathy for what TPTB pulled on him. He had a fairly good idea how he was being perceived. He could have been sincere and humbled by the Field Trip week. He chose not to be. He will blame everything on the audience without ever realizing he has more issues than Cosmo magazine. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I absolutely loved the look on Nicole's face when she just stopped talking during her interview with Julie because she caught sight of her mom in the audience.  That was so real and true and genuine.

I legit thought she swore and they cut the audio and her surprised face was a "oh crap I forgot I can't swear on live tv" type of thing lol (because she was the one that swore during the first endurance and the audio got cut before they ended the episode) And then I almost cried when realizing it was because she saw her parents. 

45 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

He knew he wasn't liked by the audience. However he changed himself to make himself look better, not because he had a sincere change of heart. I would have to go back to look for his rant but he was blabbing about no longer walking around shirtless and gaining weight to be more relatable to the audience and how the audience wasn't grateful. 

That's why I have no sympathy for what TPTB pulled on him. He had a fairly good idea how he was being perceived. He could have been sincere and humbled by the Field Trip week. He chose not to be. He will blame everything on the audience without ever realizing he has more issues than Cosmo magazine. 

wellllll - thinking people think you're a macho beefcake douche bag is really not on the level of people thinking you're racist so hopefully that whole thing was VERY eye opening for him. Like he knew people were thinking badly of him... but he just wasn't fully aware of HOW bad. 

• Love 5