Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E40: Season Finale

Lady Calypso
Message added by Lady Calypso

Heads up! This thread will serve a dual purpose: our SPOILER FREE LIVE discussion thread AND to discuss the finale once it is over. If you would like to discuss the finale live but include spoilers and information outside of the episode, please head to our Live Feeds Discussion thread. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

They exited the house practically like strangers.  While I expected it from Snack, I wonder if Julie's calling him out as racist, and Holly's realization about how he was perceived by the outside, gave her the final smack upside the head that she needed...or was she playing him all along?

If she was playing him she was playing the audience too then.

• Love 1

The red on Jackson’s cheeks was so bright when he got called out by Kemi I nearly got a sunburn through my teevee screen. 

Jackson may be an asshole, but he really seemed to genuinely like Nicole after some of the other assholes were gone so I can’t totally hate him for that.  At times he seemed to like Nicole more than Holly.

The confetti was RUINED and I cackled.

• Love 5

That was delicious! A thoroughly anticlimatic finale was salvaged in the last 30 minutes by seeing all the A-holes called out on their obnoxious/racist behavior to the point where Jackson couldn't even enjoy his confetti or his win knowing he's going to have to carry a stigma over him forever. Love it.

Almost as good was Bella laying the smack down on Nick, ably aided by Julie (girls gotta stick together). He is such a slimeball and him getting his comeuppance on live national TV was a thing of beauty.

Kemi isn't buying it...and for good reason and Christy's "apology" was priceless.

So glad Nicole got something of over buffoonish Boss Hogg and camera whore Tommy.

Glad its over and I won't miss anyone...not even Kat sadly who tainted herself with Nick at the bitter end.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Glad its over and I won't miss anyone...not even Kat sadly who tainted herself with Nick at the bitter end.

I’m disappointed in Kat as well.  IMO the Nick thing was just strictly because he was America’s Prankster.   Might just be me but Kat seems also to have turned into Cliff/Nicole’s biggest fans.  Seems to me like her agenda is to now be with the ‘popular ones.’   Nothing wrong with capitalizing on that, I guess, if she’s looking to ‘better’ her future opportunities. 

This is the type of rewriting history I wonder about.  Don’t know why but I didn’t think Kat would be doing that.

Maybe she’s not. I don’t know and I admit I’m cynical.

• Love 2

I wanted to punch Cliff in the face when he told the group and Dr. Will that the it a bad choice/mistake by him and Nicole in voting out Tommy.  It wasn't Nicole's choice, it was only Cliff's, he just bullied her into going along with him.

Definitely glad Nicole won AFP

While I liked Jackson getting called out on his behavior, as well as Christie, neither one apparently knew what they did wrong (other than Jackson's camp counselor selections).  They needed to be shown exactly why Kemi and others were so pissed at them, along with the rest of america.

and lets not forget it wasn't just the initial selections of David, Kemi and Jessica by Jackson, but the next two evictees after David, Ovi and Kemi that added to the issues.

Given how clueless Analysis was, I really have to wonder how little they interviewed her in the first place to give her a spot.

And Nick really better hope none of his clients (or employer) know anyone who watches BB.  He's a terrible role model for kids.  

• Love 5
On 9/26/2019 at 4:15 AM, yanksno1 said:

They totally made it look like Nicole won part 2 on her edit vs Holly's.

I thought Nicole looked more exhausted and would be less athletic anyway.  I know they put in DRs from Holly saying how tired she was, but the picture shown to us didn't bare it out, Nicole looked more tired.  DRs aren't as reliable as what is actually shown, so I didn't buy into Holly's words.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:29 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I absolutely loved the look on Nicole's face when she just stopped talking during her interview with Julie because she caught sight of her mom in the audience.  That was so real and true and genuine.

That was a really lovely moment.  So sweet and so real.  I wanted her to be able to hug her Mom right then.  🙂

It was hugely disappointing (although not at all unexpected) when Jackson won, but I have to say that Nicole's reaction to winning America's Favorite Houseguest is the image that stayed with me after the show was over.  She had no idea how viewers felt about her, and she was truly surprised.

Nice contrast:  Jackson's shock resulted in a sour face and extreme upset while Nicole's shock clearly made her very, very happy.   Well-earned by both of them, I would say.

• Love 8