Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That is classic Charles Ingalls, and really, classic TV. A few choice words solves serious problems for ever. Worked on Sprague and weird horse guy.
  3. I hope not. I really wanted Victoria to put her niece in her place. Although I hope Summer helps Victoria to see her behavior was like Summers right now and she changes her attitude towards Adam.
  4. Whatever happened to your attempt to get an appointment with a neurologist? I meant to follow up on that a couple of weeks ago. Did you abandon that weird doctor matching site?
  5. Did your homemade fix for the brake button work?
  6. I just looked up the ingredients in Lume, the special ingredient used to help control odor is an AHA, mandelic acid. It works by eating away the dead skin cells in the area because "odor" is caused by the bacteria naturally living on your skin eating said skin cells. If you get rid of the dead skin cells, then there's nothing for the bacteria to eat and no odor is caused. I am curious as to the concentration of mandelic acid in the formula for it to be safe to use on your more sensitive areas of the body and also work on your feet and underarms. I suspect it's not going to be that effective on your feet and that's why it's so heavily fragranced.
  7. MaryLand is a 3 Episode Limited Series that will air on PBS on May 5, 2024 at 9pm. It aired in the UK on May 2023 on ITV. MaryLand is a story about two sisters, Becca and Rosaline, who find themselves thrown together by the sudden death of their mother, Mary. They find out that Mary was living an entirely secret life on the Isle of Man, a 33-mile-long island that sits in the middle of the Irish Sea, far from the home she made with her husband, Becca, and Rosaline. As the sisters travel through their grief and discover their mother's secrets, they meet their mother's quirky friend, Cathy, who seems to know more about their mother than they do. Becca and Rosaline find themselves asking fundamental questions about their identities and their relationship with the men in their lives. Mary's death offers them a chance to not only reframe their relationship, but to find out what binds them together and what drives them apart, a chance to fundamentally reshape who they are. At its heart, MaryLand is a love story between two sisters. Suranne Jones as Becca, a busy working mom Eve Best as Rosaline, a career woman in London Stockard Channing as Cathy, Mary's friend Hugh Quarshie as Pete, the man who finds Mary's body George Costigan as Richard, Becca and Rosaline's father Dean Lennox Kelly as Jacob, a taxi driver on the Isle of Man Andrew Knott as Jim, Becca's husband Rhiannon Clements as Lauren, Becca's eldest daughter Yasmin Davies as Molly, Becca's youngest daughter Judy Clifton as Mary, Becca and Rosaline's mother Ben Addis as DT Ian Quayle Dave Artus as Alan Morgan Cranton-Jones as Funeral Director Connor Calland as Ollie Steph Lacey as Solicitor Geraldine McAlinden as Mallory Lee Clotworthy as Karaoke Host Ed White as Nick
  8. I've mentioned it before, I think, but it's something Hollywood seems to always get wrong about every job, at least as far as the main protagonist is concerned. Focal characters are always diligent, punctual go-getters who put in the extra work to make sure they've done their jobs right, even if it means having to re-open a task at the end of the day instead of simply declaring the task "done" and going home. I have no statistics, obviously, but having worked in workplaces with lots of other people, I can safely say that there are very few people who are so dedicated to their jobs that they'll put in the extra mile to get things right. Now, I grant that the amount of people who "hot dog" at their jobs likely depends on the field, and most of my experiences are at low-paying jobs where employee motivation is already a struggle, but, knowing we're all humans, even at so-called "better" jobs, not everyone is going to be on top of their jobs all the time. Even the best will get lazy and give in to the temptation to cut corners, even if it would be disastrous for them to do so. Perhaps there's a good reason why Hollywood makes their characters so dedicated to their jobs. Firstly, a character who is lazy is typically not very likeable, and, secondly, it's not a very satisfying story if plots were always resolved because a character was simply lazy. This goes both ways- for the protagonist and the antagonist. You want your protagonist to succeed because they overcame everything the antagonist threw at them, not because the antagonist got bored halfway through the story. Conversely, a loss for the protagonists would not be impactful if they were not shown trying so hard to do everything they can to succeed at the challenge only to fall short. If the protagonist simply went through the motions and failed because of it, the audience would very much wonder if the protagonist would have succeeded had they actually tried, and they might wonder how serious the challenge really was if the protagonist didn't offer any effort in trying to overcome it. So while it's not accurate for Hollywood characters to be dedicated go-getters, it's a more satisfying story to write them that way.
  9. I can’t fault the actress and the other actors for the Chat GPT writing. I have seen them with better writing and they are great. They are doing all the things I’ve learned writers aren’t supposed to do. The writers actually surprisingly figured out many fans of the show, (at least I think) like Claire and they want to milk it for all it’s worth for May Sweeps with her return.
  10. At least, it appears her intentions are good and she wants the visit to benefit her grandparents. C&E seemingly only went to get footage for the web and to pretend to be virtuous while annoying the elderly.
  11. You can watch the video interview in the article linked below... Steve Yockey & Beth Schwartz Talk ‘Dead Boy Detectives’ & Olicity RAQUEL APRIL 24, 2024 https://fangirlish.com/2024/04/24/steve-yockey-beth-schwartz-talk-dead-boy-detectives-olicity/ -- When asked if we'll see a couple as special as Olicity in Dead Boy Detectives, Beth Schwartz (laughing): "Oh, boy! I haven't heard that in so long! ... I mean, Olicity is its own thing, so I can't compare that. But I think there are gonna be a lot of things for fans, um, to kind of root for and to ship. Um, I think that all of our characters - I mean, I think what's most important is all of our friendship core and, like, their friendship towards each other and how it evolves, which I do think is similar to how our Team Arrow, in terms of having this group together that's working to solve, you know, cases. Um, but yeah, I can't really compare Olicity to [unintelligible words]. I'm very happy you brought that up, because I haven't thought about that in a while."
  12. She didn't and it wasn't. Michael put something into the locket so that when Moll and L'ak scanned it, they'd see that it came from their universe and not the mirror one and would think that it was the actual clue. The real clue was the one that the pair had found in sickbay. So I guess this episode with their backstory is meant to make us feel sorry for the poor little star crossed lovers who are just trying to get the big bad Breen off their back. Feck that, I don't want half an episode in the final season devoted to the big bad of the season. I'd much rather an episode showing Owosekun and Detmer bringing the ISS Enterprise back to base. (and if that is just an excuse to have them not appear in the next few episodes, I'm going to really annoyed)
  13. I was thinking the same thing, Blanche-Ashley, was auditioning for the local community theater for such role. GMTA and LOL! I was thinking of another Tennessee Williams character, Stella.
  14. He really is. But then, in some of his THs, he seems OK-ish and kind of quirky?
  15. But you can't un ring a bell right? Even if the judge told the jury to disregard that testimony they still heard it.
  16. OOOOH, you are not helping me to not lose my mind! Haha, I came in here all hopeful that someone had solved this for me!
  17. I like Grace, I really do. But I'm afraid he's going to discount her because she is so close with her family. He said several times it's 4 hours to the airport. I assume Albuquerque. Denver would be over the mountains but ABQ is a fairly straight shot south. Anyway, 4 hours to the airport and back is a full day away from work for him and I don't think he wants to, or can, do that a whole lot. I grew up 8 hours away from extended family, so I can be done, obviously, but I don't think he wants to do that. Which is a shame because she seems the most normal. But being so close to her family seems to be a sticking point he keeps mentioning. It was interesting to see Melody on ice skates. It would also be interesting to see her in a work environment, but as a traveling nurse, that's probably not possible. But it was nice to see a different side of her. Suddenly, with her family, Sydney seems a lot younger. I like her but I think she needs some "adventures" still, which she stated to his parents. We only got half the home visits this week. So the other half next week. Then another week for decisions? And a another week for a reunion show? Maybe something actually worked out if they have a reunion show to do, which they didn't do last year. But mostly my point is, this is never going to end.
  18. Ace is the best part of the show.
  19. "... with her actual husband who she was still technically married to at the time which she NEVER TOLD ME." (iirc) yeah, darlene not big on taking responsibility for things!
  20. That was the plot of the aforementioned Law and Order episode, and look what happened there!
  21. I was thinking the same thing. That and the fact that living alone caused him to lose whatever small social skills he might have had before he met Leonard.
  22. I think Summer is the one he had sex with, but they were not in a relationship, just hooked up a few times (which she likely should have refrained from) and he didn't want it to become a source of gossip in the group. Regarding the photo, as I recall, he said he did not pose for that and it was taken without his knowledge. I find the women in this group frustrating because all they do is cry and argue and it's annoying. And every time I see the words "screen writer under Jasmin's name, I'm, like, what? What is she writing? It's total BS. And the bunny stuff still bothers me, because I'm a snob like that, lol. And we learned that Jasmine's mum is a two-time convicted, went to jail person? I'm not judging her for that, but it does put a different light on all of that black excellence stuff she often spews. I'm black and I don't see a lot of excellence amongst these girls.
  23. yes its a sitcom but a better writer would have found a way to make it work that made sense again sending someone out into the world that hasn't been for over 40 years was dumb without someone that could see him and speak to him to keep him ok or at least explain why she didnt go with him...insted of she just went ok bye and it made no sense
  24. Here's what was at issue. The appeals court basically stated the following: Harvey Weinstein had no criminal record before the New York trial, so, in the eyes of the court, he had not been proven to have done anything wrong before the trial Despite this, the prosecutor brought forth as evidence the testimony of several women who accused Weinstein of crimes he was not on trial for, and thus were not being tested by the trial at hand nor were they tested previously The jury then based too much of their reasoning for conviction on these untested accusations, instead of properly evaluating the accusations that Weinstein was actually on trial for. It's like this- you've got a murder trial with a defendant who has no criminal record. The prosecutor brings in all these people who testify the defendant committed murder in prior incidents. The prosecutor then says "because all these people said the defendant committed murder before, he must have committed this murder!" Well, you can't base a fair conviction on crimes the accused is not trial for, because those crimes are not being tested by the court. The defendant needs the proper ability to defend themselves, and they can't if they're faced with the prospect of having to answer for crimes they haven't been charged with (since charges need to be supported by physical evidence, not simply on hearsay alone). You also can't use, as evidence, accusations of crimes that haven't yet been tested by the court, since, in the eyes of the court, it is not proven that the defendant actually committed those crimes. Because of the presumption of innocence, since the accusations are not proven, you cannot say the defendant committed those crimes. Now, you are allowed to use character witnesses and use unrelated incidents to establish motive. Getting back to my hypothetical murder case, if part of the prosecutor's case revolves around suggesting the defendant has anger issues and wants to argue the evidence points to the defendant killing the victim in a moment of rage, the prosecutor can definitely bring in people who have witnessed the defendant get violently angry before, because then the prosecutor can prove the defendant can let their anger get the better of themselves. The prosecutor would still have to prove that the rest of the evidence proves the defendant's guilt, but at least the prosecutor can establish part of their case. My guess is that Weinstein's previous trial judge thought that by using the testimony of the women who brought forward the untested allegations, the prosecution would simply use it as evidence that Weinstein was the kind of guy who simply "would commit rape", not as evidence that he actually committed rape. The appeals court ruled that the trial judge erred in this assessment, as that the trial judge didn't stop the jury from using those untested allegations as evidence Weinstein committed the crimes he was actually on trial for. One other tangentially related point- Weinstein and his lawyers brought up the claim that the #MeToo movement unfairly influenced his trial, and there may be something to this. I mean, I really don't know how a jury can be expected to judge a case fairly when, on a daily basis, they're confronted by thousands of protesters who loudly shout at them and implore them to convict. There's a reason why juries are typically sequestered for deliberations- put in a hotel room without TV or newspapers and (I suspect) the Internet, because the judge can't risk the jurors being influenced by anything that would bias their evaluation of the case. How all those jurors- and the judge- can't be influenced by those protesters is beyond me.
  25. The recaps I remember enjoying on TWOP were the ones for shows with batshit plots and either really good writing or really bad writing like True Blood, Lost, and Mad Men. For True Blood and Lost the snark was needed after watching an episode. And the Mad Men recaps were great for picking up the nuance you may have missed.
  26. There is an issue with antibacterial soaps that would be the same with these deodorants, antibacterial soaps may contribute to a rise of antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria that can be dangerous.
  1. Load more activity