Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Alexis, Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn, Amber, Daphne, Ashlee, Caroline, Julia, Kat

Not who I want but who I think actually will make it are: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Bridget, Rachel W, Hannah, Jalyn, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Kelcey, Chandi

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, klopie said:

Not who I want but who I think actually will make it are: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Bridget, Rachel W, Hannah, Jalyn, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Kelcey, Chandi

9 minutes ago, klopie said:

Possible new vets: Caroline, Ashlee, Briana, Alexis (but my guess is Caroline and Ashlee) 

Rookie candidates: Amanda, Taylor P, Kelcey...I have yet to see Kat do anything so I couldn't decide about her. The only thing I know is that she appears to be very flexible in yoga pics she's posted. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Squeek said:

They practice according to formation not groups in the studio, unless they've got groups up specifically.  Girls need to get used to who they'll be near on the field.

Wouldn’t that mean that Jalyn is somehow behind those rookies in the formation though? Of course I don’t think they’ve finalized formations yet, but it does seem strange.

13 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wouldn’t that mean that Jalyn is somehow behind those rookies in the formation though? Of course I don’t think they’ve finalized formations yet, but it does seem strange.

During training camp they always put the rookies up front !! Vets in the back 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Also, that looks like a quarter change routine, so the "people they would be dancing by" would be their group...not their Thunder formation.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Slow-mo videos are very unforgiving and Cianna's technique is terrible on that. 

Yes it was she could injured Miranda 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 7

Cianna doesn’t look great but maybe the height difference between her and Miranda had something to do with it? Miranda is on the taller side and Cianna not so much

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Good grief, Cianna is bad here. It’s not perfect at all. I think it’s Rachel on the other end, she lands too quickly too! None of them look that good in all honesty.

• Love 2

To be fair, the slow mo reveals even the tiniest flaws in the kick line. Not a smart move by the SM team. It wouldn’t look as bad in real time. 

I too think height may be a contributing factor, they’re used to kicking by similar heights. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Slow-mo videos are very unforgiving and Cianna's technique is terrible on that. 

It was bad on Cianna’s part and she could have injured the girl next to her. 

(edited)
22 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

To be fair, the slow mo reveals even the tiniest flaws in the kick line. Not a smart move by the SM team. It wouldn’t look as bad in real time. 

I too think height may be a contributing factor, they’re used to kicking by similar heights. 

Cianna went down with her front knee bent which is dangerous. I sometimes wonder why they post some of this stuff that makes the girls look bad. Don’t they watch it first? 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

As I watched this I kept thinking why on earth would they post this and post it in slo-mo?  I know there are much better clips they could have used.  In all fairness it was MTT and not DCC that posted it but still!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, KatieC said:

As I watched this I kept thinking why on earth would they post this and post it in slo-mo?  I know there are much better clips they could have used.  In all fairness it was MTT and not DCC that posted it but still!

They do it on the show and it looks ridiculous.  It really doesn't look like the girls got to practice  - just threw them out there.  I wonder if it makes a difference when you are standing next to different gals then you are used to (ie - height, arm position, etc).

11 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

So true!  There are random moments when "shut the car door, shut the car door" will just flash through my brain.  I can only imagine tips like this are truly useful for the rookies. 

I always remember Melissa’s teaching, “Peel the banana.  Be the banana.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

It was bad on Cianna’s part and she could have injured the girl next to her. 

Didn't something like that happen to Brooke Sorenson in her 2nd year?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't something like that happen to Brooke Sorenson in her 2nd year?

Brooke actually says in one of the shows they were doing the across the floor kicks in a SG practice when she felt her knee give out and went down.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Good grief, Cianna is bad here. It’s not perfect at all. I think it’s Rachel on the other end, she lands too quickly too! None of them look that good in all honesty.

Rachel A, Amy, Miranda, Cianna?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixed a typo

Show group auditions are tonight, right? How soon do they usually announce show group to the team after auditions? 

On the point discussion, I'm Team Gina, but if they decide to go with one of the group leaders, I think Amy is the best dancer of the bunch. She's not glamorous like Lexi or Alexis, but I think she has the look as much as, if not more than Maddie, and she has more pop than Heather and Tess IMO. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks for posting where it shows up. I swear my phone never does what I tell it to. Also looks like Stephanie Dibaise is there. Not sure if she is a judge, but there looks to be a fairly large group watching. Do they always do that and it just isn't shown? 

Screenshot_20190625-215322_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Txmomof2
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Kristi's videos:

I know contemporary dance is not easily uniform, but the blond second from right was either behind or ahead of her fellow dancers. Her technique wasn't as sharp and she didn't finish all moves. Who is she?

• Love 1
(edited)

It’s a no brainer , Gina is on another league. She should definitely get point. Heather looks so vanilla at point , I’d choose Alexis over her. 

Edited by LaurenlovesTV
  • Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

It’s a no brained , Gina is on another league. She should definitely get point. Heather looks so vanilla at point , I’d choose Alexis over her. 

Gina's technique and showmanship is undeniable.

I hate to say this but Alexis looks likes she's marking.  No power or pop.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 9

I remember an earlier season (Nicole Hamilton was still on the squad) when they were practicing their “sexy walking” across the room.  Judy told them they needed to move their hips Like they were shutting that car door.  The way she said it made it seem like she’s said it many times before.   So I don’t think Schram was vapid for using that analogy...i think it was how they were told to move.  

...but I also loved Britney Schram, so I’m biased 😉🙃

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

It’s a no brained , Gina is on another league. She should definitely get point. Heather looks so vanilla at point , I’d choose Alexis over her. 

Not even close.... And May the BEST dancer win. She deserves it. “It factor” moves that leave the others looking JV.  #GinaforPoint (cool with Maddie though for this 1 year, she’s who they want it to be)

3FEEF80D-5DED-45D9-B7C6-05E3DF555929.jpeg

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Wonder what she is doing these days?

She can do a window display if you need one.  Swipe through to see it unfold.  I was amazed to be honest, lol.

• Love 4
(edited)

okay, Amanda’s (second to last on the right ) hand is cringey , she isn’t placing it correctly during kickline, and she falls out of her fan kick, Daphne’s kicks are low for a vet.

Victoria actually looks pretty good aside from the messy hair and end pose , her chin is like all the way up. Reminds me of that awkward girl from the movie “superstar “ lmao 

Caroline is FLAWLESS

Edited by LaurenlovesTV
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

okay, Amanda’s (second to last on the right ) hand is cringey , she isn’t placing it correctly during kickline, and she falls out of her fan kick, Daphne’s kicks are low for a vet.

Victoria actually looks pretty good aside from the messy hair and end pose , her chin is like all the way up. Reminds me of that awkward girl from the movie “superstar “ lmao 

Caroline is FLAWLESS

Daphne’s kicks are low for sure for a vet 

• Love 6
On 6/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, HowdeeDo said:

This. I’d rather just see the groups rehearsing together with the rookies throughout the season rather than scripted Melissa nonsense. It seems more natural assuming that’s how some practices are. 

I wonder if we will see much of Melissa this season since she got pretty sick while in the the Dominican Republic.  It probably depends on how quickly she recovers.

• Love 2

KaShara is in California with the All Stars, probably cause Kelli is getting ready for her wedding.  The plot thickens:)

1 minute ago, TeacherWoman said:

I wonder if we will see much of Melissa this season since she got pretty sick while in the the Dominican Republic.  It probably depends on how quickly she recovers.

She mentioned going to work last week, and today she was working on something but she hasn't mentioned specifics.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She can do a window display if you need one.  Swipe through to see it unfold.  I was amazed to be honest, lol.

she is still friggin gorgeous -- those eyes just don't quit.

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

KaShara is in California with the All Stars, probably cause Kelli is getting ready for her wedding.  The plot thickens:)

Well ShellyB did say that there were reasons . . . 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

she is still friggin gorgeous -- those eyes just don't quit.

That photo they have on one of the walls with the other DCC photos from the past, the one with Brittney's face bathed in sunlight - I've always loved that photo of her.

CtOhARtUAAAv9Lz copy.jpg

Edited by go4luca
ETA the photo
  • Love 23

Victoria looks amazing in this TS kick combo! She loves to dance and it shows in her entire body moves. She’s unabashed , uninhibited and I LOVE that she’s not fallen prey and lost her love of dance due to hateful critique. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Anyone recognize the rookie in the middle in the contemporary piece? Due to the video quality, I'm not sure. But she's holding her own.

Given the hair, I am thinking that is Amanda.