Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

No she doesn't. Not even if I tilt my head and squint.

barbie.thumb.JPG.fc12eb9acc217a3db9e8e983028025e2.JPG.1d2d77099b8cf4e9f4ccbd58dc7fb1dd.JPGStand on your head maybe? Mainly its the big features and the hair but...

Is it suspicious or telling that Amy, Heather and Maddie are all missing from those media day videos?!  I definitely see Lexie at point. And Caroline seems like a shoo-in for Showgroup this year. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

So did Gina.

I knew I was counting right. I had to rewatch the video like three times to be sure I wasn't going crazy lmao I hope they refilmed that.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Alexis is stunning. Like stupidly beautiful. But I don't like her face when she dances.. Lexi for point! 

Agree. Lexi is a natural! Only problem is if they are going to purposefully move away from "another  blonde."

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Lona said:

Alright alright alright. I see there is already discussion about point. So are we getting Alexis or Lexie? Cause I can live with either of those two.

Lexie

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nrskim said:

What was her story? I found last year's group so overwhelmingly blah that I don't remember their names let alone their stories. 

As I recall, Ashlee fell in love with dance and performing at an early age through school plays. She didn't start formal classes/training until she was in high school. She then went on to attend Louisiana Tech and became the first African American captain of the dance team there. She majored in biology. Her segment had her being like "I believe I can succeed through hard work and determination. I'm proud of how far I've come!"

She just came across as very focused with a good head on her shoulders. I admit that I was an early fan in part because just about every member of my husband's family (his dad, mom, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) went to Louisiana Tech. In fact, his grandfather was a professor there for like 40 years. So I was rooting for her and continue to think she's fabulous.

• Love 24
16 minutes ago, Stee said:

Is it suspicious or telling that Amy, Heather and Maddie are all missing from those media day videos?!   

I can see the DCC being cheap - whomever might retire this upcoming year won't be included so they can reuse the video for the 2020-21 football season🤣

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Brennan has auditioned four times.  She didn't make Training Camp the first time, was invited back three times and cut twice before making the squad her third time in Training Camp.

As for the Barbies, I'm not surprised that Victoria got one this year.  I can't remember if she got one last year as well (though I would have been surprised if she had and was CERTAINLY surprised that Christina got one).  If the Barbies are for best solos, they should ONLY be for the technically superior, best performed, and overly outstanding solos, not the "feel good" solo or the "pity" Barbie or the "nepotism" award.  Now disappearing back into the smoke.  No, I didn't put in an order for a smoke machine; there's a wildfire in Washington state that's already burned 5,000+ acres called the 243 fire in Grant County.  It can even be seen by satellite.  Level 3 evacs in place for certain areas and smoke/horrible air quality where I live (I'm nowhere near the fire so I'm safe).

VK did get a Barbie last year too.

Please stay safe with the fires!!! I can't imagine what you all go through with those 

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can see the DCC being cheap - whomever might retire this upcoming year won't be included so they can reuse the video for the 2020-21 football season🤣

That was my first thought!! I couldn't pick out all the girls but with it being the 3 year vets and below they probably are.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Tiffany posted video of herself doing the full audition routine and kickline. Swipe to view.

her kicks are BEAUTIFUL what the hell???? no, i'm seriously wondering why she didn't make it to TC.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Last year someone did a very handy photo gallery of the TCC with their names.  Is someone going to do it this year?

Gurl - Where have you been? Already posted.

• LOL 7
(edited)
26 minutes ago, loveaux said:

her kicks are BEAUTIFUL what the hell???? no, i'm seriously wondering why she didn't make it to TC.

Was Tiffany the girl who was kicked off of Ice Angels? I remember someone posting awhile back that several girls were kicked off the squad for bad attitudes. I went through their pictures and saw that there were two girls missing from the first “meet the team” photo after finals to the last game photo. The first girl was Elaney who I know left for medical reasons. The second missing girl looks like Tiffany. If so that could be why she didn’t make it to TC. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who was in the first vid ? I remember lacey stephanie

4 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Was Tiffany the girl who was kicked off of Ice Angels? I remember someone posting awhile back that several girls were kicked off the squad for bad attitudes. I went through their pictures and saw that there were two girls missing from the first “meet the team” photo after finals to the last game photo. The first girl was Elaney who I know left for medical reasons. The second missing girl was Tiffany. If so that could be why she didn’t make it to TC. 

No, this Tiffany was never an Ice Angel, though I would not be surprised to see her audition for  Allen Americans this year.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Was Tiffany the girl who was kicked off of Ice Angels? I remember someone posting awhile back that several girls were kicked off the squad for bad attitudes. I went through their pictures and saw that there were two girls missing from the first “meet the team” photo after finals to the last game photo. The first girl was Elaney who I know left for medical reasons. The second missing girl was Tiffany. If so that could be why she didn’t make it to TC. 

Nope she didn’t cheer for angels! She hasn’t been on a pro team yet. I was seriously rooting for her

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, loveaux said:

To make space for a sloppy horse teeth heavy kicking TCC.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, loveaux said:

She said on her IG story that they could cut you for any reason.  She's the one that mentioned the hair color thing.  But I would have thought she would get more feedback from the judges.  Fortunately for her, Jenn K, who did her choreo was there and she might be able to give her an idea - hopefully.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

She said on her IG story that they could cut you for any reason.  She's the one that mentioned the hair color thing.  But I would have thought she would get more feedback from the judges.  Fortunately for her, Jenn K, who did her choreo was there and she might be able to give her an idea - hopefully.

The terms are "hiring within" "internal promotion" " Auntie Kelli"

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I really hope they show on MTT why she didn't move into TC. I have an inkling of a feeling it's because they don't like her 'look', like they didn't like her hair kind of. Sort of like how they implied it with Katelyn, the girl with the really long black hair that auditioned in season 12 from LSU. She has the kicks and the dancing ability, but I reeeally wanna see why Tiffany didn't move on. Cus if it was to make room for the Beast of Bethusela, it's gonna come back and bite them in the ass.

Maybe she could audition for AAIA and work with them for a season and then come back for DCC??

edit: she also looks like my dance instructor at uni so I definitely feel a soft spot for her lmao 😞 I really hope they have a good enough reason.

Edited by loveaux
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's the one that mentioned the hair color thing. 

She said she thought it was the wrong color? or they thought that?

18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

No, this Tiffany was never an Ice Angel, though I would not be surprised to see her audition for  Allen Americans this year.

Ohhh you’re right. It was tay turano, not tiff taliaferro, those names trip me up lol! Well now that I know they’re different girls, I hope tiff gains experience on other pro teams and comes back next year. Her kicks were amazing and she’s gorgeous.

3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

She said she thought it was the wrong color? or they thought that

She said she didn't make camp.  It can't be taken personally.  Sometimes it's not your dancing or your kicks.  It could be for any other reason - ie hair color.  I can't remember the other things she mentioned.   But she never mentioned, or I didn't hear her say, if the judges gave her any feedback so she would know exactly what it was.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DanceChick said:

I think she's GORGEOUS! Amy is barely cute to me lol. And I am not on the Alexis train at all. I think she looks like a poor man's Kate Middleton.

Kate Middleton wishes she looked like Alexis. 🤣 That girl is plain AF. There’s nothing wrong with her but nothing striking either. What’s sad is that not even Kate’s decent genetics could produce bloodline royals that didn’t look... well... unfortunately like their father. Alexis is a goddess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, loveaux said:

I really hope they show on MTT why she didn't move into TC. I have an inkling of a feeling it's because they don't like her 'look', like they didn't like her hair kind of. Sort of like how they implied it with Katelyn, the girl with the really long black hair that auditioned in season 12 from LSU. She has the kicks and the dancing ability, but I reeeally wanna see why Tiffany didn't move on. Cus if it was to make room for the Beast of Bethusela, it's gonna come back and bite them in the ass.

Maybe she could audition for AAIA and work with them for a season and then come back for DCC??

edit: she also looks like my dance instructor at uni so I definitely feel a soft spot for her lmao 😞 I really hope they have a good enough reason.

I’m curious and hope they show it on the show too. She did go to Marshall before auditions but her hair didn’t change that much. I really like her and her positive energy!  I appreciate that she shares so much of the process.  I was rooting for her and hope she keeps trying! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KatieC said:

I’m curious and hope they show it on the show too. She did go to Marshall before auditions but her hair didn’t change that much. I really like her and her positive energy!  I appreciate that she shares so much of the process.  I was rooting for her and hope she keeps trying! 

She is! her second to last IG post said she's coming back next year, so I'm really hoping that she does. She's too talented and too beautiful for them to pass on her like this.

• Love 3

What's everyone's impression of Meredith?  She seems very photogenic, but last year Kelli remarked she seemed disinterested or sleepy during her interview which I agreed with.

• Love 1

Looking at Tiffany's IG, I think she is a good dancer but not quite there. A few years ago she would have been good enough but the level has risen a lot in the past 2-3 years. Her kicks are awesome for sure, but look how many Rangerettes got cut. Kicks are just not enough.  Her figure is ridiculous--she would look amazing in the uniform. She's pretty and seems nice. If this is her dream I hope she gives it one more go and gains the skills she needs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, loveaux said:

I think her solo, in comparison to others, did her in.  She seems like a nice girl though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pisces125 said:

What's everyone's impression of Meredith?  She seems very photogenic, but last year Kelli remarked she seemed disinterested or sleepy during her interview which I agreed with.

I’m  huge Meredith fan. She seems a little more mature than some of the girls on the squad and I’d rather get back to that than having a bunch of 18year olds on the squad with zero life experience. I think she has a different speaking voice maybe to what they’re used to. God forbid, if you’re not super happy and bubbly all the time, you’re not a fit for the team. 

• Love 8

Also everyone in the new promo vids is pretty much the same height. Tess/Taylor/Erin are very tall and Briana/Cianna are too small so both would stand out. They have also picked the more photogenic women on the squad too. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Seriously. I think it started once we found out KaShara and Lacey were retiring. Maybe even before that! There are three topics that never die on this board. (1) who does/does not have "the look," (2) who is too soft/too thin, and (3) Where is everyone going to be in the triangle and why.

And I don't mind going back to any of those topics if it can get my mind off of (1) Victoria being in TC, (2) Gabby getting cut and (3) Who's getting the "PM" and when. (Thankfully, No. 3 seems to be taken care off recently 🙂 )

And yeah, KaShara and Lacey retiring seems to have opened up point for lots of girls. Really excited to see who it will be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Media day was apparently today?? Isn't it early? I thought that happened after the squad was picked. It does look like they are filming a new opening and it looks like Lexie and Alexis are front and center in their groups.

If they waited until the squad was chosen, it would be a stretch to get it done in time for the season. Also, they do media stuff for players at the same time and in August when the squad has been chosen, the players are kind of already busy doing other things. 

2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

They have also picked the more photogenic women on the squad too. 

I'm curious why the powers that be seem to think Savannah is photogenic.  She probably looks great in person, but I don't think I ever saw a good picture of her.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm curious why the powers that be seem to think Savannah is photogenic.  She probably looks great in person, but I don't think I ever saw a good picture of her.

I think she’s pretty but not crazy beautiful. She needs her hair thinning out because she has far too much of it, like Danielle, and her teeth are odd. Don’t forget they need her for her redhead diversity 🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I was not particularly impressed with Kelli's response when she said, "Yes, that's a lot, but everyone in the locker room as A LOT." You mean like trying to fend-off milkshakes? Because I'm pretty sure that pales in comparison to pending homelessness. Just saying.

Ugh. Reading this gave me flashbacks to the nonsene of last season. Kelli, please try to work on improving your empathy and dialing down your blatant favoritism this year. 

Edited by veronicamers
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, pisces125 said:

5 hours ago, pisces125 said:

I thought Meredith was pretty last year and has some technique, but she talked really slow like she was sedated and didn't come across as a "team" girl but she did make to training camp so maybe she stepped it up.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Hi friends! 

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I have stalked this board for so long but was finally motivated enough to post after VK got a barbie. Can we just not please 😡

Love the idea of Alexis / Lexie / Gina triangle. Unpopular opinion I also love Maddie so wouldn't be entirely disappointed if she was there too.

Totally rooting for Kristin Dodd this year. I loved her last year and was bummed she didnt make it. Fingers crossed this is her year! 

I am a big Kristin fan, too.  I hope they make her lose those caterpillar eyelashes.  They aren't doing her any favors.  She is stunning without them, or at least a gentler version.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, loveaux said:

She is! her second to last IG post said she's coming back next year, so I'm really hoping that she does. She's too talented and too beautiful for them to pass on her like this.

This makes me flash back to when (director) Kelli said to Kelli (Quinn) early in her first training camp after multiple times trying out, “how have I not noticed you before?”  These judges get so fixated on whatever it is they are thinking they need or want at the moment (for the squad or for the show), that they really overlook a lot of talent in the audition process.  

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Opine said:

I am a big Kristin fan, too.  I hope they make her lose those caterpillar eyelashes.  They aren't doing her any favors.  She is stunning without them, or at least a gentler version.

I want to like Kristin, I really do.  She seems very sweet and genuine, and she’s very pretty.  But for Pete’s sake, can we see a little pep from this girl when she dances?  Or talks?  Or poses for pictures?  Or anything else???  Kelli always referred to it as looking sleepy, but she just gave me this completely defeated vibe and it was depressing.  

EDIT: she looks less sad and gloomy on her IG than she did on the show.  I wonder if she was just completely overwhelmed and/or in her own head with training camp, because every time she was on the screen last fall my daughter and I were like “oh no, not Eeyore again.”   

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
Addition
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15