Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Roasted and Toasted

• Start Topic

In the aftermath of the Friendtervention, LeeAnne and D'Andra meet up to discuss their differences one-on-one; Brandi continues to struggle with her brooding daughter; D'Andra turns 50 and throws herself a rip-roaring roast party.

Airs September 11, 2019.

It is like Brandi and her daughter are doing a mother & daughter skit.  

The child has has no problem acting for the cameras.  I call fake!  

Brandi used to film these fake scenes with Stephanie.  They used to act like they were drunk on wine, complain about their husbands and kids......then ride  the kids’ big wheels on the sidewalk.  

Really stupid shit just like this......shopping scene.

Can someone remind me if Brandi’s daughters were let go of the faith based school.....bc, of how Brandi was behaving on the show???

• Love 8

Leanne re: Rich on their first date:

”unzip, take it out, stick it in”

She is gutter trash. 

They have no boundaries on TV anymore, disgusting. Even for Housewives shows, this is the bottom of the barrel (besides Kelly Dodd on OC’s  “train” story that she shared with her 12 year old daughter. I guess you have to be depraved garbage to earn a spot on any of these franchises). 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

LeeAnne is so gross.  It’s a good thing she’s super pretty on the outside bec she’s super ugly on the inside.

D’Andra needs a stylist. 

I think LeeAnne is rather bizarre looking. Cruella always comes to mind. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I think LeeAnne is rather bizarre looking. Cruella always comes to mind. 

She was so beautiful when young. She doesn’t even look like the same person. 

I think Leanne has a severe personality disorder. She is one weird-ass and attention-seeking lady. 

• Love 21

Where is Kam when you need her?

D’Andra walking into her birthday party while her husband was fingering her....was everything!  

Watch out, Kam!  You might not want to be caught  hanging out with D’Andra by the Dallas high society ladies!  🙀

18 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

She was so beautiful when young. She doesn’t even look like the same person. 

I think Leanne has a severe personality disorder. She is one weird-ass and attention-seeking lady. 

LeAnne is what is her face from Jersey...?  Yes, Danielle.

They even look like twins! 

• Love 2

Leeanne wants more than an apology.   She wants D'Andra to grovel.  What was the shade she was throwing when she implied that D'Andra had to have a relationship with her mother because of finances?

Brooklyn needs a serious time out.

Cary's husband's house in Mexico looks pretty fabulous.  Cary looks like she's going to be possibly interesting.  We'll see.

Steph's roast was the best.  It was a good combination of roast and love.

What the heck was that dress that Kam wore to the roast?

• Love 10
Just now, breezy424 said:

Steph's roast was the best.  It was a good combination of roast and love.

What the heck was that dress that Kam wore to the roast?

Stephanie’s was great. Much better than Brandi who I could barely understand and I was not going to watch that again.

I think Stephanie must have stolen the pink shiny dress that Kam intended to wear.

• Love 2

WTH is happening on the sides of LeeAnne’s mouth? Jowls? Weird fillers? Lip injection reactions? Her alien exoskeleton trying to break through? Those flashback pictures of when her and Rich first started dating looked like a different person. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Brooklyn is essentially a mini-Brandi and only Brandi would find her behavior the least bit entertaining because she see’s so much of herself in her daughter.  Not a good look for either of them.

It continues to amaze me how women like Katy can land men like Eduardo.  She wouldn’t allow him to even order food but he tolerates her behavior - and perhaps even likes it.  

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, nexxie said:

Isn’t 50 a bit old to have someone else in charge of your trust? I’ve heard of 21 and 30, but sure as hell not 50!

It is, but I don't think it's D'Andra's trust. I'm guessing he left it with both of them as beneficiaries, but Mama Dee in charge until she passes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

LeeAnne said she and Brandi reconnected/reconciled at a mutual friend's baby shower.  I'm thinking it was the all-Housewives baby shower for Andy Cohen.  Anyone else?

The mere thought of copious quantities of tequila and donuts makes my stomach hurt.

I'm not liking the new Kary.  She seems to be Grammer-ing herself, even though her husband comes off as an okay dude.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, bosawks said:

Be electrocuted for 20 minutes or exercise for 90 minutes?

Yeah, I’m picking the 90.

Sign me up! I'll take the 20 minutes.

10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Isn’t 50 a bit old to have someone else in charge of your trust? I’ve heard of 21 and 30, but sure as hell not 50!

There is no trust. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Brooklyn is essentially a mini-Brandi and only Brandi would find her behavior the least bit entertaining because she see’s so much of herself in her daughter.  Not a good look for either of them.

That child does not need $800 worth of clothes, she needs therapy, Brooklyn is the poster child for Child Psychologists. 

Kids are like sponges, they imitate what they see and hear, I doubt that Brandi censors herself in front of Brooklyn and not Brooklyn.  I get the feeling there are no consequences for her behavior, kids need structure, expectations, and limits, I hope Brandi learns this before Brooklyn is a teenager.

• Love 16

I didn't watch the first episode and was looking forward to Brooklyn, to see what all the fuss was about.  I didn't think she was that bad, really.  She was reacting to Brandi, who was over-reacting.  Brandi was right to think that Brooklyn might be feeling ignored.  The kid might be having issues at school, or with friends.  And she might just be wanting to be on TV -- the way to do that is to act out. 

What's wrong with Rich?  He's so different from before, with regard to getting married.  That walk down memory lane was SO scripted, by LeeAnne.  Did he lose his job? 

The new Kary -- I'm tired of middle-aged women talking about their orgasms.  I did like her in the preview, confronting LeeAnne about her negativity.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

The new Kary -- I'm tired of middle-aged women talking about their orgasms.  I did like her in the preview, confronting LeeAnne about her negativity.

OMG! YES! For some reason they think talking about their orgasms is so cutting edge and daring.  It seems like every middle aged woman on every RH show talks about it, I can say that not one of my friends talk about it like that, sure when we were dating and slept with some guy there was the "nod" to that but we never carried on about it like we just learned the word.

Are putting money on whether New Kary goes for one of those vaginal rejuvenations on camera?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Jeremy was pretty salty during Leanne's speech at the roast - must have been after Rich texted D'Andra 😄 

Jeremy appears to HATE Leanne.  He looks evil when he looks at her.

2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I'm not liking the new Kary.  She seems to be Grammer-ing herself, even though her husband comes off as an okay dude.

I am not liking new Kary at all.  She's too much, or she is trying too hard, or both.

• Love 21

I think it's less about the kid and more about the parenting and family dynamic.  Brandi clearly loves her kids, but she's mistaking discipline for punishment. Set some boundaries already, and when you do, stick with them. 

I feel it could be a pretty easy fix. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Can someone remind me why Rich has an eye patch?  

From Bravo.com - Rich retired from the Dallas Police Department in 2016 after suffering an eye injury that has left him permanently blind in his right eye, LeeAnne shared. He now works as an instructor for Safariland Group, teaching explosives, breaches, and dignitary protection.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

From Bravo.com - Rich retired from the Dallas Police Department in 2016 after suffering an eye injury that has left him permanently blind in his right eye, LeeAnne shared. He now works as an instructor for Safariland Group, teaching explosives, breaches, and dignitary protection.

In the far west suburbs of Chicago, there's a kids indoor "amusement" park thingy.  They have some kiddie rides and games.  I though it was a chain and he was a ride operator for them.  I died for a moment with laughter.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I probably have more unpopular opinions watching this ep and the last than I usually do:

It didn't occur to me that Travis was having an affair; now I'm like "duh!"  What was with all the shots of him looking greasy at D'Andra's party last night?  It reminded me of that time on The Office that the cameras drew Pam's attention to Angela and Dwight sharing an intimate moment.  What were we supposed to gather from those 20,000 shots of Travis standing alone looking homeless?

Stephanie's roasting material was quite funny, but the reading off of the paper took away half of my enjoyment of it.  I think it would have been so much better if she'd memorized it as best as she could, and maybe fumbled on a joke or two than to read off of a paper.  Stage presence is everything.  I actually think Brandi's roast was better for that fact.  

I like Stephanie, but a.) your talking heads really aren't so funny that you have to break into hysterical laughter at the end of each one and; b.) even if the TH's in question were knee-slappingly funny, stop cracking up at your own jokes.  There seems something very...Coweta about it.  This is a woman who would be so much more attractive if she got some more confidence.  I may be the last viewer who is not completely sold on Stephanie. 

I miss Cary.  Kary with a K isn't really bringing it for me.  She seems like she's on the wrong show.  It could be as simple as her hair being so unkempt, while the others have their hair under control even if I am not a fan of some of the styles.  I'm not sure why her hair should look like she just got pulled from a Miami hurricane if she's wealthy.  She also doesn't seem to wear very much makeup, which definitely puts her at odds for this franchise!  Her closet was absoulutely disgusting.  I would never let a TV camera film my closet like that.  I like Eduardo so far.  Her daughter seems kinda interesting.  They seem rich enough.

I have wondered this since season 2:  If Kameron is so, so wealthy, why does it seem like she lives on such a tiny piece of property?  Every time they show a shot of her home from the outside, I am like, "dang, why so small?"

I think...and it pains me to say this, because I have been so ride or die for Leanne, but I think Leanne is being harder on D'Andra than perhaps she should be.  I feel like Leanne can only experience love and caring in a very specific, highly dramatic way.  Everything is so severe with her, whether it's good or bad.  She wants blood from D'Andra.  Leanne can't accept three apologies.  She needs you to throw yourself on the floor and writhe in agony and then and only then can she bring you back into the fold.  Exhausting.

I mean, just the idea that Leanne said last episode that she needed time to heal from her fight with D'Andra to this episode when Leanne acts hurt that D'Andra hadn't texted her is manipulative and I feel like Cary Deuber would have shut that right the fuck down.

Leanne wanted the roast to be sorta brutal so that she could move in at the end like a savior with trust and forgiveness candles.  I see you Leanne.

Still Team Leanne though.  She and D'Andra need to lay off the surgery or the procedures, or whatever they're doing, and the hair is pretty horrific, one for color, one for length.

Rich has become positively unattractive.  When they first showed them walking together, I was like, "who is this old man Leanne is helping cross the street?"  Not shocking to me that now is the time he is suddenly ready to get married.

Every single one of these marriages are suspect to me for different reasons.  This season seems a little off so far.  I'll give it a few more episodes, but it seems to be coasting on events that occurred in the past rather than fresh events.  It seems as if everyone is too aware of their past awful behavior for this to be as good as it was seasons two and three, but we shall see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

LeeAnne said she and Brandi reconnected/reconciled at a mutual friend's baby shower.  I'm thinking it was the all-Housewives baby shower for Andy Cohen.  Anyone else?

Completely. When Brandi first said it in her TH it didn’t really standout because it seemed normal to not say the name of someone we never heard of and would never meet but than when LeeAnne said it in the exact same way to Brandi when they were face to face where it would make no sense to not say the name I was thought I bet it was Andy! 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

So Kary with a K talks about multiple orgasms in front of the male trainer, and Kam says, "That's what I love about Kary.  She has no filter!"

Isn't that exactly what she couldn't stand about Brandi?

Let's see what happens when Kary waves a vibrator in Kam's face because I bet it will happen, Kary seems a bit krass. 🙀

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think...and it pains me to say this, because I have been so ride or die for Leanne, but I think Leanne is being harder on D'Andra than perhaps she should be.  I feel like Leanne can only experience love and caring in a very specific, highly dramatic way.  Everything is so severe with her, whether it's good or bad.  She wants blood from D'Andra.  Leanne can't accept three apologies.  She needs you to throw yourself on the floor and writhe in agony and then and only then can she bring you back into the fold.  Exhausting.

I'm the exact opposite of you - I don't even like Leanne and think she's crazy and mean, but I'm totally Team Leanne on the D'Andra fight.  Even if you don't imagine your wedding/marriage as a child, being single throughout your late 20s/30s is hard, and people are rude about it without even realizing or acknowledging it.  Bearing in mind that Leanne and D'andra were actual friends (not just members of "this group" as they say about each other):  D'andra first tried to surprise everyone at her own birthday party by announcing that Leanne and Rich would marry.  After they demurred she was hot on the rampage to know "what Leanne wasn't telling her" that she for some reason couldn't discuss with her friend privately, but felt comfortable discussing with a tv audience.  Then when Leanne wouldn't "confess" D'andra suddenly had all this info about Rich being a cheater, which once again she didn't discuss privately with her friend, but brought up on camera.  So a couple of apologies accompanied by eye-rolls and fibs about her motivation for assholery wouldn't be enough for me either.  Of course here is where we get into "reality tv world" where instead of dumping her ass for good we have to spend a season watching them "talk it out" even as we can tell they aren't friends anymore.  D'andra had a nasty look in her eyes from when she sat down at that lunch.

• Love 18

New HW Kary seems like she's trying too hard.  I just don't like her right off the bat.  She's not funny when she thinks she it (talking about orgasms *yawn*), the way she speaks to her husband, her anger towards LeeAnne...IDK I'm just getting a fake vibe from her.  Excuse me an obvious fake vibe from her.

• Love 17
On 9/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, nexxie said:

15 hours ago, Atwood said:

It is, but I don't think it's D'Andra's trust. I'm guessing he left it with both of them as beneficiaries, but Mama Dee in charge until she passes.

I am almost certain that the "Trust" is an Inter Vivos Trust that is quite common for even middle class people to use in order to avoid going through the expense and administrative hassle of probate. On death whoever is named as the beneficiary of the Trust is immediately the owner of the assets.

Typically a husband and wife are Trustees while both are living. When one dies, the surviving spouse then becomes the sole "owner" of the assets of the Trust. Often a child or children are named as co=Trustees at this point but the beneficiary (e.g. the surviving spouse) still has control of all the assets and can change the beneficiaries of the assets at any time. The other Trustee(s) can only use the assets of the trust for the benefit of the beneficiary. For example, if the beneficiary becomes unable to take care of financial stuff, they can write checks and even sell stocks and other assets but ONLY for the benefit of the beneficiary because to use the money to write a check for themselves would be embezzling.

In this specific instance Simmons probably made Mama Dee the sole beneficiary of the Trust. D'Andrea may or may not be a Trustee but she has no more "right" or "power" of the assets than any child has with regard to their parents' assets. Mama Dee can choose to make her favorite charity or dog a beneficiary. That's why D'Andrea has to continue to suck up to her mother because if she doesn't stay on her good side, Mama Dee can change the will just as any parent can change the will.

This is NOT the kind of Trust that people think of when someone says they have a "Trust". In that type of trust, a specific sum is set aside for a person and it goes to the beneficiary at a certain age - e.g. 21. This is typically done when parents don't think children are old enough to handle an inheritance. The oldest I've ever heard is 35 and that is typically when some of the Trust has been distributed at earlier ages. D'Andrea does not have this kind of Trust - of that I am almost certain.

When D'Andrea talks about borrowing against the Trust, she is really just talking about borrowing from her mother. It's really moot unless there are other children in the picture. For example, if there are three children and one child wants money to buy a house and the parents give the child the money, it is typical to reduce that amount from the inheritance so all children receive the same amount on death. Or at least that is good estate planning to not cause rifts when parents die.

I have no idea what kind of money Mama Dee has but most middle class people have Inter VIvos Trusts - and if they don't they should because otherwise they will waste time and money in probate. You can't even sell a home until you settle probate whereas with an Intervivos Trust, the heirs have immediate access to the assets and can deal with them without delay. 

ETA - The difference is that an Inter Vivos Trust is revocable during the life of the "owner" of the Trust. It is a type of legal ownership that is used to avoid having assets tied up in probate after death. But it really is just a form of a will and like a will can be changed in terms of beneficiaries until the owner of the assets dies.

The type of Trust that D'Andrea wants people to think she has is an IRREVOCABLE Trust which means that once the Trust is established and the beneficiary is named it can't be revoked. This type of Trust is set up either to avoid taxes or because you don't want beneficiaries to squander assets if they inherit them too young. It is possible that Simmons set up a Irrevocable Trust in which Mama Dee has a lifetime interest in all assets but the assets she doesn't spend are left to designated beneficiaries. During Mama Dee's lifetime she could spend or give away all of the assets but she can't change the beneficiary. There are tax advantages to this type of Trust - or there were at some point but the ceiling for inheritance taxes on estates is so large that you really need a large estate for it to matter.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 12
  • Love 6

I don't watch all of the HW shows -- just New York, Beverly Hills, the Atlanta reunions, and this one -- but apologies seem to be the main focus.  Of course these women are going to do and say things that will be upsetting, and an apology will be in order, but whatever happened to "I'm sorry" and that's the end of it.  Same with the reunions -- they're all about apologies. 

It's really tiresome, especially since the apologies are seldom warranted. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have wondered this since season 2:  If Kameron is so, so wealthy, why does it seem like she lives on such a tiny piece of property?  Every time they show a shot of her home from the outside, I am like, "dang, why so small?"

That "tiny piece of property" is worth > $4 million.

One of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Texas, the heart of Highland Park.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6