Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Roasted and Toasted

• Start Topic

^^^

Yes, I assumed Kameron's home was at least four million dollars.  I guess I knew why the property was so small--location, location, location--and I didn't state it as well as I could've.  It just doesn't seem as appealing to me to live on a small-ish piece of property to be in Highland Park, or any zip code for that matter.  I don't even think she has a half an acre.  That is a really tight shot they use on that home, but the neighbor's house to the left is always visible.  Does she even have a pool?

Maybe I was wrong about Kameron's famiy's wealth.  I thought she was up there with possibly Lisa Vanderpump, who, even after she downsized, appears to be living on a couple of acres, no neighbors in sight, and in Beverly Hills proper.

I looked at Highland Park on Zillow and while the homes were all on smaller-sized plots, I found one for $3.69 million that appeared to be laid out in a much more spacious way.

For anyone who is familiar with Dallas real estate, is there a "Beverly Hills" equivalent there?  I would much rather live on Stephanie's property than Kameron's, but I just assumed Stephanie lived way out.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

Can you live on a Stephanie-type property and be in a great area in Dallas?

• Love 2

Highland Park is pretty much the Beverly Hills of Dallas.  If you Zillow houses on say, Beverly Drive you’ll see the best of the best.  I think Stephanie’s current house is in the Turtle Creek area, which is between Highland Park and downtown.

Cary Deuber lived in Preston Hollow which is also a pretty nice area, but heading closer to suburbia. 

I lived in Lakewood when I first moved to Dallas, it is pretty close to downtown too and has some really lovely homes - but way too pricey for me once I stopped apartment living. It is also, as its name implies, close to a lake so there are nice walking/biking trails. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Kam's house is almost 7500 square feet, on almost 11,000 sq. feet of property.  I don't know, that's pretty big in my book.

Turtle Creek is more expensive.  That's where Stephanie & Travis live, along with Jerry Jones (owner of the Dallas Cowboys), Mickey Mantle for decades before his passing, and Jimmy & Carl Westcott.

Turtle Creek is right next to Highland Park; they kind of morph into each other.  But that's where you'll find the sprawling mansions behind gates so high you can't see.

Stephanie & Travis' home is closer to $6 million, almost 9500 square feet.  And thank goodness they got rid of that stupid pool in the living room.

The Westcott's are a bigger name, with much more money.  Jimmy Westcott sold her Turtle Creek home for over $12 million, 14,000  sq. foot home a couple of years ago, as they just didn't need that much space anymore.

Travis is more "nouveau riche", likes to show it off.  Am I the only one who noticed he's pulling his remaining hairs over his bald spot?

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sunnykm said:

It was a big fail.   It was embarrassing.  If there had been a Tiffany box hidden inside, then maybe it would have been acceptable.  Donuts.

He was the only one who truly roasted her. All the others made sure she knew it was done with love/humor.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm the exact opposite of you - I don't even like Leanne and think she's crazy and mean, but I'm totally Team Leanne on the D'Andra fight.  Even if you don't imagine your wedding/marriage as a child, being single throughout your late 20s/30s is hard, and people are rude about it without even realizing or acknowledging it.  Bearing in mind that Leanne and D'andra were actual friends (not just members of "this group" as they say about each other):  D'andra first tried to surprise everyone at her own birthday party by announcing that Leanne and Rich would marry.  After they demurred she was hot on the rampage to know "what Leanne wasn't telling her" that she for some reason couldn't discuss with her friend privately, but felt comfortable discussing with a tv audience.  Then when Leanne wouldn't "confess" D'andra suddenly had all this info about Rich being a cheater, which once again she didn't discuss privately with her friend, but brought up on camera.  So a couple of apologies accompanied by eye-rolls and fibs about her motivation for assholery wouldn't be enough for me either.  Of course here is where we get into "reality tv world" where instead of dumping her ass for good we have to spend a season watching them "talk it out" even as we can tell they aren't friends anymore.  D'andra had a nasty look in her eyes from when she sat down at that lunch.

Dandra trying to get leann and rich to marry at her party was so weird. I mean who pressures their friends like that, its humiliating to Leanne. If I'm a 50 year old woman with a boyfriend that is dragging his feet to marry me then I probably dont want it announced to a party full of people. Dandra looked like a jackass wanting a spectical for her enjoyment.

Then making a story line over what's the problem and Rich cheating is not something you do to a friend. I still believe she is broke and wanted to grasp on to the RHW fame. 

• Love 11

Yeah, the box of donuts was weird.  Was he implying she eats too much?  I've heard D'Andra on Andy's podcast talk about her weight issues, and how that, even as a size 6, she's considered "huge" by Dallas society standards, and that Mama Dee has always been on her about it as well.  She leaned into it, by snarfing up the donuts, making light of it, but I did not think it was funny.

I kept waiting for him to say, ok, there's one more "donut".....a ring.  Or something romantic.  But nope, honey, just keep stuffing your face there.  Yeah, I didn't like it.

• Love 11

I'm starting to understand why Dee has been so reluctant to give D'Andra control over anything. She's 50 years old, has been getting a steady paycheck from Bravo for a couple of years and yet has $200 in her bank account.  I assume she was also getting paid for working at her mom's company.  

If I had to guess, Dee has seen a pattern of irresponsible spending and doesn't want to give her a bunch of money that Dee worries D'Andra will just squander.  

I also thought, hmm is it wise to be talking about all the things mom charged to the company on tv?  So much spending -- it reminded me of the Seinfeld where Elaine was in charge at J. Peterman. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I don't think D'Andra's trust is really a trust.  My mom has a trust set up, The Trust of Mother of TV Diva Queen.  She's comfortable, not wealthy.  Its set up with the POA for finance and healthcare and serves as a will.  In no way shape or form do I think that's MY money. Its hers and her alone.  I suspect this is what Old Man Simmons has for Mama D and D'Andra likes to sound like the "cool" kids and says she has a trust too.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

she's considered "huge" by Dallas society standards

I'm kind of sick of her saying this.  I think it is more Mama Dee and less "Dallas society."  I do feel for her being among the skinny minis in this cast (sort of like Kathryn Dennis and the other super duper skinny Southern Charm girls) and LeeAnn did make that horrible statement about her eating everything in this episode.  That was really awful of her to say.  

LeeAnn's confessional make up when was talking about the roast not being a roast was insane.  Blend that contour, girl!

This episode was overall really boring.  My favorite part was LeeAnn walking over the grates on her way into Matchbox. As a city dwelling, heel wearer, I could totally relate!

D'Andra and LeeAnn are such grudge holders.  Like cmon, D'Andra, if you really want to be friends with LeAnn (and maybe she doesn't), just say Rich didn't cheat even if you know he did (also how does she know for sure either way).  I wouldn't be surprised if LeeAnn, Rich, D'Andra, and Jeremy were all cheaters.  

Speaking of grudge holding, I like that Stephanie has the closing line in the intro but her tag line is kind of weak and almost the same as last year's. 

Brandi was defending Brooklyn on her social media (as she should as her mother).  I am hoping that Brooklyn was only so bad because she was having a moment of tough times or something.  Maybe Brandi will realize that her story line shouldn't be her young kids. 

I'm undecided about new Kary but I do miss old Cary.  I am surprised she was demoted.  I know she is supposedly having her own show about her clinic but I don't think that has been picked up and LVP did both VPR and RHOBH so I would htink she could do both, too. Cary was a good housewife IMO because she was over the top and dramatic but not a horrible person. 

Kameron is irrelevant so far this season. 

Edited to add:  I realized I was praising Cary D in my comment on last week's episode, too.  She's not that great, I am not a Cary Deuber stan LOL

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm starting to understand why Dee has been so reluctant to give D'Andra control over anything. She's 50 years old, has been getting a steady paycheck from Bravo for a couple of years and yet has $200 in her bank account.  I assume she was also getting paid for working at her mom's company.  

If I had to guess, Dee has seen a pattern of irresponsible spending and doesn't want to give her a bunch of money that Dee worries D'Andra will just squander.  

I also thought, hmm is it wise to be talking about all the things mom charged to the company on tv?  So much spending -- it reminded me of the Seinfeld where Elaine was in charge at J. Peterman. 

I don’t blame Dee either. I think since D’andra grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, she may not understand the value of a dollar. I think that’s the deal with Candy and Tori Spelling as well. 

I never thought the donuts were meant to fat shame D’andra. Jeremy seems very atttacted to her body. Most men prefer some meat and curves over skin and bones. I have kind of a bony body, and some people think it’s funny how much food (sweets in particular) I can eat. Hopefully it was nothing more than that. 

Stephanie was quite funny! 

Not surprised Brandi now has to defend her child on social media. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to have her kid heavily featured displaying the kind of behavior she did. Not that it makes it right for people to be hateful towards a little girl. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t blame Dee either. I think since D’andra grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, she may not understand the value of a dollar. I think that’s the deal with Candy and Tori Spelling as well. 

I never thought the donuts were meant to fat shame D’andra. Jeremy seems very atttacted to her body. Most men prefer some meat and curves over skin and bones. I have kind of a bony body, and some people think it’s funny how much food (sweets in particular) I can eat. Hopefully it was nothing more than that. 

Stephanie was quite funny! 

Not surprised Brandi now has to defend her child on social media. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to have her kid heavily featured displaying the kind of behavior she did. Not that it makes it right for people to be hateful towards a little girl. 

I feel like she hired a writer....

On 9/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, RealHousewife said:

Holy crap, that shopping trip with Brandi and her daughter was beyond uncomfortable to watch. “Acting out”/faking it for the cameras or not, that’s going to haunt that hateful little girl for years; and what kind of kid would want to be shown being so hateful and rude to her mom on national TV?! If a kid thinks that’s remotely acceptable or cool, she’s obviously got serious behavioral/emotional issues. Or maybe she’s just an entitled little bitch who needs her parents to finally PARENT her and demand the respect they deserve. I’d say she needed those spankings you didn’t give her for the past ten years, Brandi—Brooklyn makes that other monster RH child Milania seem halfway charming.

LeeAnn’s weave deserves its own zip code. Totally busted, way too long...who do these 50+ year old women think they’re fooling with the ridiculous extensions down to their asses??

Beavis & Butthead on a Real Housewives episode? Now THAT is why I love these ladies!!

Team D’eandra here. She’s apologized repeatedly and wants to move on. LeeAnn needs to quit playing such a butthurt victim role already and do the same. And she handled  her doughnut roast like a champ! Cookie Monster would be proud.

New Kary is just meh so far. Deliberately messy and try-hard. Maybe she’ll finally grow on me as the season goes on.

Kam is beyond pointless at this point. What’s up with Sparkle Dog these days anyway??

• Love 6
On 9/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Sarah Heart said:
  On 9/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, rustyspigot said:

Its like her dress, LeeAnne can wear it 175 different ways.

LMAO yes what happened to LeeAnn's dress???  We have heard nothing!!  I don't think I have even seen her promote it on her instagram. I don't follow her but I think I know I have looked at it.  

• Love 4
On 9/11/2019 at 11:11 PM, Batwings said:

WTH is happening on the sides of LeeAnne’s mouth? Jowls? Weird fillers? Lip injection reactions? Her alien exoskeleton trying to break through? Those flashback pictures of when her and Rich first started dating looked like a different person. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I noticed the same thing. I could see it in the last episode too in a few of the close-ups. I wonder if it's filler? I heard if you get too much it can settle in the lower jaw. It does look like jowls. She looks much better in the TH with the long braid. 

• Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 1:16 AM, Sunnykm said:

If there had been a Tiffany box hidden inside, then maybe it would have been acceptable.  Donuts.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, Sterling said:

She leaned into it, by snarfing up the donuts, making light of it, but I did not think it was funny.

I also assumed she was taking a bite of every doughnut in the box because she thought there was a pair of diamond earrings or something like that hidden in one of them.  Must've been pretty mortifying to discover in the end that all he'd bought her was a box of doughnuts.  At that point you have to pretend to take it with good humor, but I bet she didn't feel so jolly.

The whole idea of scheduling a roast for yourself on a landmark birthday that's already going to be difficult for most people, maybe women especially, seems bizarre to me, but different strokes and all that.

• Love 6

Good gosh Brandy, be a parent.  Her child IS that bad.  There’s a book written for parents about boundaries, Brandy wouldn’t know what that word even means.  I think her parenting is so bad, she makes Theresa Guidici look almost like an okay mom.  I think she’s lazy and fell under the mistaken theory that being their friend is good parenting.  Plus, she lets the kid go into the store with the iPad?!  Put it down.  I think that’s also why her husband gets frustrated with her, she’s not coping well as a parent.  She has help!

I’m not a fan of the new Kary.  I agree with everyone that’s posted that she’s trying too hard to be cool, with her daughter with her choice of words. It’s not cutting edge, it’s embarrassing for her.

No, marriage is not that hard, it’s hard when you are a F***ing byotch to your husband all the time.  She seems too high maintenance.  I’ll take the old Cary, lose the new Kary, keep Eduardo and ditch the fashion obsessed plastic surgeon.  

• Love 15
On 9/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, Sterling said:

Yeah, the box of donuts was weird.  Was he implying she eats too much?  I've heard D'Andra on Andy's podcast talk about her weight issues, and how that, even as a size 6, she's considered "huge" by Dallas society standards, and that Mama Dee has always been on her about it as well.  She leaned into it, by snarfing up the donuts, making light of it, but I did not think it was funny.

I kept waiting for him to say, ok, there's one more "donut".....a ring.  Or something romantic.  But nope, honey, just keep stuffing your face there.  Yeah, I didn't like it.

I think D'Andra has a fine body and I do not think she is fat. I think it is great there is someone a bit curvier on this show.  HOWEVER, she is not a size 6.  Nope.  Maybe a 10. 

• Love 11

It is so sad that Mama Dee made an issue of D’andra’s size. Being fat shamed by a parent is the worst.

I also think the folks who complain about how hard marriage is are usually terrible spouses. I get that there is compromise involved and not all about you. There are some ways where it’s simpler being single. But the people who find it hard to be faithful and respectful seem to gripe about marriage being this incredibly difficult thing the most. THEY aren’t cut out for marriage. 

I admit I wouldn’t enjoy being roasted. I don’t think most people love their friends mocking them in front of a group of people and cameras. It can be funny, but it’s funnier when it’s not at your own expense. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It is so sad that Mama Dee made an issue of D’andra’s size. Being fat shamed by a parent is the worst.

I also think the folks who complain about how hard marriage is are usually terrible spouses. I get that there is compromise involved and not all about you. There are some ways where it’s simpler being single. But the people who find it hard to be faithful and respectful seem to gripe about marriage being this incredibly difficult thing the most. THEY aren’t cut out for marriage. 

I admit I wouldn’t enjoy being roasted. I don’t think most people love their friends mocking them in front of a group of people and cameras. It can be funny, but it’s funnier when it’s not at your own expense. 

It is!  And she isn't fat which is the worst part.  She is curvy but I think looks beautiful.

• Love 8

You know, that little girl could have been sweet and funny for most of that shopping trip, but Bravo would only show the horrible actions of that child, because they don't care if the bad behavior is from the adults or the children.  Bravo is disgusting towards the children of these shows.  That doesn't mean the parents aren't at fault, because they are.  They put those kids on these shows knowing the camera will look for the worst moments their children display.  The kids are being abused by everyone in charge, IMO.

Kids at that age sometimes don't understand comedy, sarcasm or appropriate responses all the time.  They say stupid things quite often.  It's like Milania on Jersey seemed like the devil all the time (I thought she was funny for the most part), but later we got to see a caring, tearful child when the family was going through the legal issues.  But yes, kids can be a handful, some are terribly spoiled and act like little asses quite often, but Bravo sucks for picking all those scenes to show and the parents are idiots to include their kids on camera.

• Love 5

Leanne has such a mean streak. She is the very definition of a “frenemy”. She was almost gleeful when someone at the party actually roasted D’Andra, but detested hearing compliments for her. Some friend. 

Also, she said in a TH that D’Andra HAS to eat whatever is in front of her-something like that. If I found out that my friend was insulting me like that, she would be gone for good. Leanne is a POS.

To be clear, I can’t stand D’Andra but Leanne is supposed to be her friend. They are a toxic pair. Leanne is batshit crazy and D’Andra is just ice cold. 

• Love 5