Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Table Read

• Start Topic

The fan reaction from the release of the first cast photo has the gang riding high, until the table read serves up major disappointment. The cast bands together to try to rewrite the script, but can't come to an agreement on storylines. Meanwhile, Shannen questions her decision to join the reboot, Jennie lets Kyler audition for a role and Brian learns some shocking information about Zach.

Airing Wednesday, August 28, 2019

I think we all saw that "I'm your son" reveal a mile away.

So, Jennie has a security guard, but there are no guards on set to prevent people from setting fire?  OK, that makes sense.

I totally remember that Growing Pains episode.  I used to love that show.  

• Love 9

"Don't go away mad.  Just go away."

Hilarious call-back.

It got slow in the middle but happily the pace picked back up towards the end.  And it was nice to see Ian be a good guy.  Steve Sanders (the character) was such a good guy by the end of the series (thank you pop channel).

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Katy M said:

My mother forbade me from watching Growing Pains because she hated how the parents were portrayed.  I don't think I've seen a full episode even as an adult.  It lost its excitement once I couldn't see it in real time as a kid.

I liked the scenes with Anna and Ian as well as Shannen's scenes.  I also thought it was interesting to hear Gabrielle talk about how being so much older affected her on the original show.

I don't really care that much about Brian's son.  I like his stuff with Shay, Shannen, and Tori much better.

I agree that the pace of this episode was slow.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 7

Meh.  I had been loving this show until tonight, but this episode didn’t work for me.  I was really looking forward to seeing Shannen, but I don’t like what they’re doing with her character at all.  I’m also not finding Christine Elise likable or attractive in any way, and the Gabby/Christine relationship seems totally forced.  I repeat: Meh.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I’m also not finding Christine Elise likable or attractive in any way, and the Gabby/Christine relationship seems totally forced.  I repeat: Meh.

After a while, I fast forwarded through the Gabby/Christine stuff. It just felt awkward.

Unless the stalker is the Ghost of Luke Perry, I'm not sure where they are going with this.

ETA: I did laugh at Jennie thinking Gabrielle played her mother on the show. 

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

I’m still liking the show. The cast has a really good rapport and play off each other well. What I don’t really care for is the writer babe...she’s just not a very good actress and her voice irritates me. Tori is serving the comedy and I’m looking past the facial work to see the old Tori shining through. Brian’s sardonic asides are enjoyable, Jennie is a delight. I agree that the Gabby/Emily Valentine story seems a little forced and spurious. Shannen looks so different to me that it’s hard to remember this person played Brenda, and the storyline is pretty random. Ian needs to shave. 

That is all.

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

There was a little more Shannen tonight, but it still doesn’t feel like she’s really bonding with the cast. I hate that.

That part I actually buy because weren't there times in the original show where she was on the outside looking in?  She's always kind of gone her own way.  I don't expect her to bond.

48 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Meh.  I had been loving this show until tonight, but this episode didn’t work for me.  I was really looking forward to seeing Shannen, but I don’t like what they’re doing with her character at all.  I’m also not finding Christine Elise likable or attractive in any way, and the Gabby/Christine relationship seems totally forced.  I repeat: Meh.

I don't like what they're doing with Christine either, have already stated last week how much I dislike the Gabby storyline, and the preview for next week in terms of Gabby and Christine doesn't thrill me  I'm straight, but Christine's character seems like a cliche of a lesbian to me.  Plus, I think it's stupid for the writers to expect viewers to believe that a person who uses a dating app is going to use it but NOT mean it as a date, Come on.

ETA:

Unless the stalker is the Ghost of Luke Perry, I'm not sure where they are going with this.

That was my first thought too, but I can't imagine they'd do that.  That would be very dark since Luke has died.  What I could see is the stalker targeting them because the stalker believes that the cast is forgetting Luke.  I just can't believe the show would go with Luke's spirit haunting them.

I now wonder if the stalker is the girl who read after Kyler.  She was given screen time for a reason, and someone who would be championing Luke would likely be female, not male.  I think Zach as the stalker is a red herring, but it's not him.  His interest in Brian is only as his son.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

There was a little more Shannen tonight, but it still doesn’t feel like she’s really bonding with the cast. I hate that.

I'm half wondering if Shannen decided to join after filming started or scripts were written.  If not, it seems like she may have agreed to participate after Perry's death but not more than a very limited amount, like a cameo per episode.

1 minute ago, Writing Wrongs said:

"Stop acting like I'm not even here."

I'm now to thinking this was conceived before Shannen decided to join and they would have hinted at the stalker being Shannen.  Now I'm thinking its going to be a surprise former cast member that is pissed they weren't asked back.  Thiessen or Marcil.  Hillary Swank would be hilarious.  Maybe the actor who played David's friend is still mad at being killed off. Or James Eckhouse.

I don't think its going to be a "real" stalker. I think its going to be a stunt casting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Now I'm thinking its going to be a surprise former cast member that is pissed they weren't asked back.  Thiessen or Marcil.  Hillary Swank would be hilarious.  Maybe the actor who played David's friend is still mad at being killed off. Or James Eckhouse.

I don't think its going to be a "real" stalker. I think its going to be a stunt casting.

I disagree because there was actual fire in the stage area.  That's an actual threat of harm, not just being pissed at not being asked back.  I don't think they'd tie an actress or actor from the original show to an act of arson and vandalism.  That's not funny.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I assume the stalker is going to turn out to be either Christine, or possibly the fired writer.  Christine thought she was going to be in charge. She has been showing contempt for all of them for taking over and not letting her be the leader she feels she is as an executive. I have assumed her flirtation with Andrea, and sending her a message via the dating app, was at least in part manipulation. Having the reboot and cast be targeted would get sympathetic media attention for a network executive like herself, versus criticism if everything fails.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I feel like the note from the arsonist implies that it’s someone from the show being ignored and pissed that they’re not part of the reboot. I’d love it if they are setting up a Tiffani Thiessen appearance. As many have pointed out elsewhere, she was on the show longer than Shannen.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 8

I love how irritated Christine is by these people.

LOL at Shannen holding out for twice what everyone else signed for. 

Otherwise, this episode was pretty ho-hum.  My friend and I missed the first five minutes; what was the opening nightmare this time?

• Love 5

Was this the episode when the writers quit? Because yeah.

I'm a Tori fan ( I've watched all her post-90210 shows). But there is a reason this show was written about the Walsh twins - it was most interesting when it centered around them and their friends. Shannen and Jason have lead presence. Jennie also does- that's why she was able to have a lead role from season 5 on. But Tori? Sorry, girl.

Way too much Tori and Jennie, imo. Jennie's great on her own though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Bastet said:

My friend and I missed the first five minutes; what was the opening nightmare this time?

Andrea dreamt that she walked into the Peach Pit, was rudely snubbed by Brenda, Kelly and Donna, and went after them with a chainsaw.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think we all saw that "I'm your son" reveal a mile away.

So, Jennie has a security guard, but there are no guards on set to prevent people from setting fire?  OK, that makes sense.

I didn't see it coming myself, but so many recaps writers have added that theory, so I was aware of it.

I wish I hadn't read those comments by those people, so I could see what I really thought when it was revealed.  What I mean is that I wish the thought hadn't been planted by other people.

21 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm half wondering if Shannen decided to join after filming started or scripts were written.  If not, it seems like she may have agreed to participate after Perry's death but not more than a very limited amount, like a cameo per episode.

I'm now to thinking this was conceived before Shannen decided to join and they would have hinted at the stalker being Shannen.  Now I'm thinking its going to be a surprise former cast member that is pissed they weren't asked back.  Thiessen or Marcil.  Hillary Swank would be hilarious.  Maybe the actor who played David's friend is still mad at being killed off. Or James Eckhouse.

Douglas Emerson or James Eckhouse are good picks.

My guess is Joe E. Tata.  (But if anyone knows for sure what Joe's role will be on the show, don't tell me.  I don't want spoilers.)

Jason's line about Gabby and him dating the same woman, was the funniest line of the night.

I don't like what they're doing with Shannen's character.  But I guess if she really is donating her salary to charity, then it's ok.

I hope the writers are able to create a good vibe towards all of the main characters by the end of the season.  Drama is fine, but in a positive way.

I wonder if we'll find out Shay's reaction towards having a step-son.

• Love 4

Kudos to the set designer - I don’t know why they were supposed to be at The Georgian Hotel in Santa Monica to work on the script after the table read (other than Jason  saying it was his “club” - a la Soho House?) but good job recreating the interior. 

Brian and Ian continue to entertain me the most.

I was never a Shannen/Brenda fan in the original recipe so her limited screentime is fine with me. Although I read an interview that she wasn’t really interested in doing this but then Luke died and her feelings toward this reboot changed. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume the stalker is going to turn out to be either Christine, or possibly the fired writer

Didn't the dolls come before the writer was fired, though?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

I don't like what they're doing with Shannen's character.  But I guess if she really is donating her salary to charity, then it's ok

Did she though? I thought she was just saying that to take the heat off, hence Jason and Gabby's 'how does she do that, she's good' remark afterwards.

I think the key with her was in that "girls" conversation when she says to Jennie- "you never got any bad press!" Seems like they're playing off of that? I felt like the vibe between her and Jennie was pretty tense, hopefully they will relax more. But maybe they're just acting that way on purpose?

i don't know but I'm loving this show!

• Love 4

Color me surprised that people aren’t enjoying the Gabrielle and Christine Storyline.  I thought it was done really well. I really appreciate that the show didn’t just pick a romance out of thin air for Gabby and I think Christine is a good fit.  She is sweet with the right amount of snark to keep things interesting and also has the same kind of alpha energy so that they have something in common.

i thought it was funny that the gang wasnt really angry that Shannon had negotiated for more money they only got angry when she started to tell them her money was going to a good cause.

i thought the storyline with the writer was kinda funny. It was like she was writing bad fanfiction until Ian gave her a better glimpse of who the people really were and all that bad fan fiction needed was a few little fixes....  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

This episode wasn't that great but I love that Shannen is getting double the salary and when they asked her about she turned on the water works and gave them a story that they can't get mad at. That is probably how she got double the salary. Lol.  I like that they are going with Shaman Shannen while also keeping a little bit that edge that Brenda had. She knows how to get what she wants. I'm okay with them not bonding. Shannen was only the show for 4 seasons. Which I'm still surprised no brought that up. Of course Shannen is going to be on the outside. 

As for the cast stalker, I was thinking Christine but is she that mad at them she would would risk destroying her own career? Stop acting like I'm not even here sound likes a former cast member though. They definitely won't be getting Tiffani, she would've been the perfect one to do that being she was on the show longer than Shannen.  It could've been really juicy if Tiffani and Shannen were working together. The two former bad girls wanting to get back at Tori and Jennie. But I don't think this show want's to go that real. 

I did like that Brandon said who would've thought that he and Gabbie would end up dating the same girl. 

With regards to Shannen's screentime. I saw an recent interview with her where she said she's still recovering and doesn't feel comfortable to be working full time again. So she probably did sign for a more cameo role like Luke Perry most likely would've had. Although I do wonder if she got paid the same as the rest of them because they wanted her on the show more than she wanted to be on it. So they wrote it into the show. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Last night, I thought it could be James Eckhouse. I can't see it being Joe E. Tata, since the character of Nat was so beloved, and they're not going to pin it on a man who is in his 80s. I also was thinking it could be Carol Potter, but ultimately I just can't see them blaming any of the cast from the original, including Thiessen (because she'd be irredeemable if this series is renewed and she decides she wants to join) or Marcil (WAY too much tension between her and Brian in real life, and while he's trying to repair the relationship with his son with her, I don't think painting her as an arsonist stalker on the show Brian Executive Produces is a great idea).

But then I had another thought: it's going to be Tori's husband. It's clear he's feeling abandoned, is jealous of Tori spending time with Brian, does not think highly of Hollywood actors, AND I could see him feeling slighted that Tori didn't get him a part on the reboot--he turns down small roles so OBVIOUSLY he is an actor deserving of a role on a big show like the reboot. I'm sure Tori had extra 90210 dolls floating around the house, so he'd have access to them, and as the EP's husband, he probably can get on the studio lot pretty easily. And it would also be a bit of an in-joke, since he was the "danger" part in "Mother May I Sleep with Danger?" who Tori's character didn't realize was scary until she tried to do things in her life that didn't include him.

I just think the stalker has to be someone we've already seen, but who wasn't in the original show, so they are basically expendable on this show.

Also, I think Brian's son's mom will be Lindsay Price. If he's 19, it would have to be someone on the cast who left in 2000, in order for Brian to be unaware he exists. Price was on the show from 1998 to 2000.

Edited by dvr devotee
Grammar
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, dvr devotee said:

Also, I think Brian's son's mom will be Lindsay Price. If he's 19, it would have to be someone on the cast who left in 2000, in order for Brian to be unaware he exists. Price was on the show from 1998 to 2000.

Because Brian was only allowed to have sex with people on the show?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Yeah I guess Tori's husband is the most expendable being he was "created" for the show and wouldn't make any former cast members look bad. Even though this show is fake. 

I think this show is confusing because we are thinking in terms of their characters love interests. When the "real life characters" on this show could've dated anyone in the cast. So Lindsey Price is an option. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, seaELare said:

Kudos to the set designer - I don’t know why they were supposed to be at The Georgian Hotel in Santa Monica to work on the script after the table read (other than Jason  saying it was his “club” - a la Soho House?) but good job recreating the interior. 

It’s the character’s “real life” Peach Pit.  (Right down to the wallpaper and framed art.)

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

This episode wasn't that great but I love that Shannen is getting double the salary and when they asked her about she turned on the water works and gave them a story that they can't get mad at. That is probably how she got double the salary. Lol.  I like that they are going with Shaman Shannen while also keeping a little bit that edge that Brenda had. She knows how to get what she wants. I'm okay with them not bonding. Shannen was only the show for 4 seasons. Which I'm still surprised no brought that up. Of course Shannen is going to be on the outside. 

I love that she name dropped "My Favorite Murder" podcast.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Andrea dreamt that she walked into the Peach Pit, was rudely snubbed by Brenda, Kelly and Donna, and went after them with a chainsaw.

A callback to the episode "Spring Dance" where she imagined that same scenario.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Tiffani, she would've been the perfect one to do that being she was on the show longer than Shannen.  It could've been really juicy if Tiffani and Shannen were working together. The two former bad girls wanting to get back at Tori and Jennie. But I don't think this show want's to go that real. 

Tiffani was only on one season longer than Shannen. She left right before Brandon did in Season 9. It's not as if Tiffani was on the show for three or more years longer than Shannen. And as for the bolded, I've NEVER thought of Brenda as a bad girl. She was nowhere near as toxic/bad/horrible as Val was. And Val LIED and SCAMMED a LOT, in order to hurt others. Brenda NEVER did that.

1 hour ago, dvr devotee said:

But Brian and Lindsay's characters never dated on the show. Unless they also dated in real life? Oy Vey!  I can't keep up with the number of costars Brian dated on this show. Tori, Tiffani, Vanessa...and also Lindsay?

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Tiffani was only on one season longer than Shannen. She left right before Brandon did in Season 9. It's not as if Tiffani was on the show for three or more years longer than Shannen. And as for the bolded, I've NEVER thought of Brenda as a bad girl. She was nowhere near as toxic/bad/horrible as Val was. And Val LIED and SCAMMED a LOT, in order to hurt others. Brenda NEVER did that.

Since this show is mixing real life drama and tv drama, I was going more for Shannen being the off-screen bad girl and Val being the on-screen bad girl. 

Having said that Tiffiani would never be on this show since she's the one that as bad blood with Tori and Jennie now. Which is why it would be too real for the show to do. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I don't think the mom of Zach is supposed to be another actor from the show - probably a one nighter with a fan.  

I'm confused about writer lady Anna Blake Moore. For whom is she writing? The characters or the actors? Why is Steve providing hidden camera footage to help her write?  How does that play into writing dialog for the Kelly/Donna/Brenda/Gabby/Brandon/Steve/David story?  I get that over time show writers will incorporate traits of the actors into the characters but a newbie writer wouldn't be able to do that in 6 or 12 hours, with or without hidden camera footage.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Val left after Brandon, in season 9 episode 7. I believe Jason made a point of saying in the pilot that he left 4 episodes into season 9. I remember Val's exit vividly, because she left the same night that Luke Perry returned. It was Thanksgiving 1998. She must have passed Dylan on her way out of the driveway. I'm still sad she couldn't have stuck around 10 more minutes to snark on Dylan and Kelly who started mooning at each other the second he walked in the door.

I always felt Val was misguided and misunderstood. She did bad things but was not a bad person. Brenda started out ok, but Shannen must have consistently pissed off the writers because they turned Brenda into a grade-A pain in the ass by season 3. 

Brenda was never an on-screen bad girl; she was tabloid fodder in real life. Val was the on-screen bad girl but Tiffani Thiessen was basically America's sweetheart from the late 1980s on. 

Anyway, I think the Shannen scenes were great, but I can see why fans want more. Tori and Brian have excellent chemistry in their scenes to this day. Jennie could have chemistry with a lamp post. Not digging the Christine Elise plot with Gabby - I much prefer her in the network exec role than as a love interest.

My first thought about the stalker was Carol Potter. She asked Jason to get her on the show in group therapy and he shut her down hard. Brian's son is too obvious. But I agree with the poster above who thinks it is probably Tori's husband. There's no way TAT or Vanessa Marcil would agree to have their actual names attached to a crazed arsonist-stalker plotline, and if the show put those names out there without consent, the lawsuits would be flying. 

• Love 5

I don't think the stalker is Christine or Tori's husband.  The reason?  Money.

Christine had a line a few episodes back that 90210 was a BILLION dollar franchise for FOX.  Even if that number is exaggerated and even if she despises everyone, she's going to tank the franchise that provides her livelihood?  Also, if she wanted to tank it, it's barely been getting off the ground as it is.  She's been the one riding Tori so hard.  Christine could have just let it fall apart.

Tori's husband also doesn't like working but he likes money.  Tori makes the money on which he lives.  He'd be severely cramping his lifestyle.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 3

I gotta say, Christine Elise is growing on me.  She has always grated on my nerves in the past (and her hairstyle and fashions in this series are giving me mad 80s and 90s flashbacks), but she is funnnnnny.   She fearlessly brings the snark...I'm liking it.

The girl who auditioned after Jennie's daughter...was a little weird (no offense to the actress).  She just came off as...I don't know.  But I still don't think she's the stalker.  I'm with those who think it's got to be a former cast member...right now, anybody's a candidate, in my view.

Agree with those who feel Shannen is not bonding with the cast so much...I feel like she's talking AT them sometimes, instead of to them.  But hey, their real-life relationships aren't perfect either, from what we've heard, so I'm willing to cut her a break.  It would be different if this were a long-term series - I would expect to see more cast cohesion as a viewer (though she should still be allowed to be herself).

Hmmm...Lindsay Price as Zach's mother?  Maybe.  But Zach does not physically resemble either Brian or Lindsay, in my opinion, so it would be stretch.  I think it's someone we've never seen before, maybe an offscreen girlfriend or a hookup that the fictional BAG had back in the day.  By the way...I am loving BAG more and more each episode.  He is so relaxed yet present in the scenes and makes them look effortless...and did I mention he subtly brings the sexy??

The red-haired writer girl is pinging my Brat-mobile hard.  I get that it's hard to be taken seriously as a younger person and you have to learn to stand your ground.  But you either have gravitas naturally (some people do), or you need to earn it honestly...she is not there yet.  Too bratty.  Although her hair is lovely.  She is also too young for Ian, by the way, in case they're leaning in that direction (show, please don't lean in that direction!).  Did I understand the episode correctly  - did the writer sit in Ian's car and rewrite the script (after watching the secret videotapes Ian had sent her from his phone) - I mean, she sat there and rewrote an entire script hunched over a laptop in a car, and then magically made 6 photocopies and brought them inside?

Edited by OhSarah69
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

Douglas Emerson or James Eckhouse are good picks.

My guess is Joe E. Tata.  (But if anyone knows for sure what Joe's role will be on the show, don't tell me.  I don't want spoilers.)

Joe E. Tata was my guess too. 

12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Maybe the actor who played David's friend is still mad at being killed off.

Omg! That would be awesome! The last shot of the poor guy was him looking 100 shades of goofy swirling the gun around. That scene just really stuck with me.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

Christine had a line a few episodes back that 90210 was a BILLION dollar franchise for FOX.  Even if that number is exaggerated and even if she despises everyone, she's going to tank the franchise that provides her livelihood.  Also, if she wanted to tank it, it's barely been getting off the ground as it is.  She's been the one riding Tori so hard.  Christine could have just let it fall apart.

Tori's husband also doesn't like working but he likes money.  Tori makes the money on which he lives.  He'd be severely cramping his lifestyle.

IA that Christine has a stake in the success of the show, and has been shown to work toward that throughout - but maybe the angle is that Fox is not actually going to suffer consequences for things like the fire (there's insurance, after all) and will reap tons of free publicity for the show.

But no, you're right. She expressed great relief that the 'dumpster fire' that was happening in production wasn't leaking into the press - and she could have easily leaked it herself if she'd wanted to get it out.

So on the whole she seems to be a red herring. Maybe some enterprising LAPD detective will turn out to be a big OG 90210 fan and accuse her because Emily Valentine did the same thing - and GC will have to clear her by explaining why she has an alibi; embarrassment ensues.

• Love 2

I totally think that the stalker is a former cast member, bitter about not being asked to be part of the reboot. They are probably in the background somewhere, maybe we have even seen them, and are wearing a wig or some false teeth or some ridiculous thing that will get pulled off for the big reveal. 

Liked getting more Shannon, and that she held out for more money, even if I suspect that she wasn't planning to donate a penny to orphans. I also like them bringing up specific issues from the show, like how Shannon got all the bad press despite there being blame to share around the cast, and how Andrea felt distance from the cast because she was older then them. Its funny that Andrea was playing the character pretending to be rich, while Andrea was probably the adult most obviously playing a teenager. 

Brian's wife is the only spouse I find to be particularly interesting, most of them I can do without, the real spark in this show is the chemistry of the cast and the clear history and rapport they have with each other.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wonder if the stalker will be Jim or Joe E. Tata.

Someone on IG mentioned it could be Jamie Walters (Ray Pruit) because in the Palm Springs college episode Ray said "Stop acting like I'm not even here" before he pushes her down the stairs. 

Another possibility. 

I had forgotten he said something similar. Didn't fans give Jamie shit in real life because they thought he was an actual abuser?

3 minutes ago, Surrealist said:
Edited by Surrealist
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OhSarah69 said:

She just came off as...I don't know.  But I still don't think she's the stalker. 

She also had a piece of dialogue in that scene about wishing that her mother could see her, and then at the end, the message scrawled in paint was about acting like I'm not even here.  In other words, not seen by the cast.

I'm not feeling the "former cast member" theory because there's a difference between destruction and a prank.  The dolls were mutilated, and there was actual fire.  If there were pranks, like blank pages at the table read, I could see it being a former cast member.  As I said upthread, even though these are exaggerated versions of the cast, they're still identifying traits of themselves not their characters.  I don't think they would tie an actor or an actress, even in exaggerated version, to the idea of stalking.  Stalking is a serious thing for people in the public eye.  Would someone using their own name, not a character, really be down for playing a stalker?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Would someone using their own name, not a character, really be down for playing a stalker?

If they're otherwise not getting work...sure, why not? 

Edited by screamin
  • Love 4

Maybe even though she agreed to do the reboot, Shannen is still the stalker.  She's kind of all over the place.  Refusing to do it, then agreeing for twice the money, then refusing again

Disregard how Gabrielle and Christine making out feels like watching two bored soccer moms hook up after sending the kids off to college: There's just no spark. It's like they're paired off because Christine is just ... there.

I don't really care enough about any of the rest to even type about it. I watch it because there's not much else new on TV right now. That's about it.

1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

Christine had a line a few episodes back that 90210 was a BILLION dollar franchise for FOX.  Even if that number is exaggerated and even if she despises everyone, she's going to tank the franchise that provides her livelihood?  Also, if she wanted to tank it, it's barely been getting off the ground as it is.  She's been the one riding Tori so hard.  Christine could have just let it fall apart.

A rational person thinks this way, yes. But there are people who can show the world a facade of who they are and still be irrational/have some sort of psych pathology. There are people who are desperate for attention and have a need to feel important, so they create situations (e.g. arson, keep a family member ill, cause some accident and then report it) in order to be the hero. (Psych pros have a name for it.) She could be doing this to scare the shit out of the people she despises for dismissing/overriding her authority, and then turn around and 'save the day' in some way. Plus there's a lot of free, feel-bad-for-us victims type of publicity to be gained in a situation like this.  This opportunity could be dragged out into creating a longer reboot with more money.

The Ray Pruitt suggestion is interesting. I just feel like "Stop acting like I'm not even here" is directed toward all of them, implies the person has been there the whole time of the reboot trying to interact with the cast, has history with all the original cast members, and is pissed off that he/she is not getting deserved respect.

• Love 1