Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E19: Power of Veto #6

• Start Topic

Every time Tommy has a DR I feel like he’s auditioning for Oliver. While I’ve see  and love some broadway shows that over the top acting makes me cringe. 

This game looks fun!! Nicole was super cute as host. 

• Love 11

Such fun watching Jack and his gang squirm as they lose the veto.

Yay for Jess winning this crapshoot.  So Tommy's punishment is a punishment for the entire cast of idiots.  LOL!

"The Jury House called Jack, they're waiting for you!" was a great DR.

Poor Lego Head is such a pouty boy.  Go eat a few watermelons.

Nick always talks like he's in pain and about to throw up.  Playing both sides can be risky.  Good move by Blockhead to eavesdrop and use the info to try and save himself.

Christy is so annoying.  She gets all my Field Trip votes today.  I'm holding tomorrow's until HoH is decided.

• Love 10

Ah, what can you say? It's like having Hitler and Mussolini strapped in an electric chair...whoever gets the switch thrown on them its a win/win for the fans.

I'll just be happy if Tommy doesn't glide to the end. A few weeks ago it occurred to me he's going to stay off the radar until its too late to get him out of one of the final two chairs. I don't like him. He was back to his fake persona tonight and its grating.

Jack, Christie, and Tommy can all go next and they can fry Jackson later.

And of course, the "board" was loaded with Grodner favorites and Paul is still annoying even if he is in 2D.

• Love 8

Wow Jessica is annoying.  She feels like a try-hard.

1 hour ago, QQQQ said:

Tonight I learned that Nicole's accent is almost as grating as Tommy's. Almost.

Seriously.  They could do a punishment where Tommy, Christie and Nicole follow people around for a week and talk conversationally to them non-stop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Anyone else laugh like a loon when Jack was boohooing the DR wearing his swim shorts? Aww, poor widdle baby. 

I wonder, if Jack is evicted, if Julie is going to ask him his opinion on rice pudding. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I'm not a BB scholar, but in earlier seasons would Julie add a little variety when delivering the eviction news, and sometimes say, "...X...you are safe...Y you have been evicted..."? It seems like now it's always "...X you have been evicted..."

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

And of course, the "board" was loaded with Grodner favorites and Paul is still annoying even if he is in 2D.

I did get a laugh at the fact that the "Paul" space was worth 2 points and "Swaggy" was only 4!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I was a bit disappointed because the promo made it look as if Jack and Jackson were dueling it out spaceship-to-spaceship and glaring at each other. Instead, they played alone, and instead of glaring they were just nauseated. I was so happy that Jess won that I soon got over my disappointment, though. 

Other than that, awesome Diary Rooms from poor betrayed Jack and Jess with her call from the Jury House. Somehow I picture Jack as a bitter juror. 

I hope it is not an unanimous vote. I want to see Tommy and Christie in shock. 

I am beginning to think Kat could win this thing. I could live with that.  

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I'm not a BB scholar, but in earlier seasons would Julie add a little variety when delivering the eviction news, and sometimes say, "...X...you are safe...Y you have been evicted..."? It seems like now it's always "...X you have been evicted..."

You are right...she used to do a "fake out" but its been a long time since we've seen that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QQQQ said:

It seems pointless because the viewers have just seen all the votes. (Unless his is a new thing b/c I’ve only seen season 1 and the current one.)

26 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

It seems pointless because the viewers have just seen all the votes. (Unless his is a new thing b/c I’ve only seen season 1 and the current one.)

It wasn't for the audience benefit...I think she just liked playing headgames with the nominees.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

It wasn't for the audience benefit...I think she just liked playing headgames with the nominees.

Probably about 50/50 either way - but it’s been 4 or 5 seasons at the VERY least since I last recall Julie doing the vote fakeout.

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • Love 3

It's fascinating seeing Jack show even the SLIGHTEST bit of...I don't even know what I would call it...regret, I guess? Over his treatment of Jackson. Not any of the other awful stuff he's done, but he does seem to be a bit regretful that he blew up Jackson's game like that when Jackson was clearly just confiding in his "bro." Fascinating stuff.

• Love 6

Was Jess the only one smart enough to close her eyes as she got spun around?I

If the contestants want to chase down and hurt whoever came up with the Tommy punishment for having to hear and smell that, I am willing to be their alibi. Because at 4 AM? I would have killed someone.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Jack: "I think I've been a pretty good guy in here"

*momentary pause before my head explodes*

He must want to live in Egypt. His favorite place is in "Da Nile". (denial)

8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Anyone else laugh like a loon when Jack was boohooing the DR wearing his swim shorts? Aww, poor widdle baby. 

I wonder, if Jack is evicted, if Julie is going to ask him his opinion on rice pudding. 

Please. A thousand times, please!

6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Who better to play headgames with than the double zeroes? Stretch it out and play like a cat with a feather.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I am glad that Jessica played it out the way she did.  However, it is kind of annoying when outsiders lay low, and when they gain power act like gloating jackasses.

So, how is that speed of smell any different than Tommy normally smells? 

BTW, what is that smell and how do they make it so intense?

Jessica did come very close to winning power earlier in the season, Jack just beat her to HoH, that could have changed the season.  So she isn't bad at these memory competitions.

I wonder if they are exaggerating how bad the smell is, what they show on screen to show it visually could also be some kind of added effect.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Jack: "I think I've been a pretty good guy in here"

*momentary pause before my head explodes*

Mrs. RaiderDuck yelled "No, you've been an ASSHOLE to everyone!" at the screen. God, I love that woman.

47 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I wonder if they are exaggerating how bad the smell is, what they show on screen to show it visually could also be some kind of added effect.

It probably does smell bad but yes, they're exaggerating. A dirty little secret (pun possibly intended) of odors is that it is literally impossible to have a genuinely foul-smelling substance that is also harmless to breathe. When your brain perceives a smell as foul, it is telling you this substance is harmful and to not breathe it in.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Yay for Jess winning this crapshoot.  So Tommy's punishment is a punishment for the entire cast of idiots.  LOL!

Nick always talks like he's in pain and about to throw up.  Playing both sides can be risky.  Good move by Blockhead to eavesdrop and use the info to try and save himself.

Christy is so annoying.  She gets all my Field Trip votes today.  I'm holding tomorrow's until HoH is decided.

I’m leaning more now towards not trusting Nick over Kat but I’m still not 100% sure  about her. But they only need one out of the two to vote for Jack right?

Can someone post the link again for the Field trip? I want more votes for Tommy and Christie.

Edited by Booklady1017
  • Love 1

Commenting while watching: why the hell would Jack trade Hawaii for the POV with 4 people still in the game and all 4 people most likely trading their prizes for the POV?! If you're going to jury you might as well get a trip out of it!!

• Love 8

There were 47 comments on this episode last year by this time and 45 the year before. There are only 31 for this season. Definitely not the most enthralling season with this cast. 

This episode went kind of fast though, what with all the fast forwarding of the (slightly more) hyped-up version of Tommy.

1 minute ago, Samwise979 said:

Commenting while watching: why the hell would Jack trade Hawaii for the POV with 4 people still in the game and all 4 people most likely trading their prizes for the POV?! If you're going to jury you might as well get a trip out of it!!

That's what I wanted to know!! What a dumb ass. 

Edited by greyflannel
14 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

He was going on the VERY slim chance that the top 4 prizes would be so awesome those getting them wouldn't want to give them up. Shows how aware he is that his head is on the chopping block.

When Jessica was debating whether to switch to Nick for one of the nominees, we were yelling "No. Don't overthink it. One of the Jackholes is guaranteed to go. Just keep it that way."

Having said that, I totally agreed with her assessment of them both: Jackson/Michie is arrogant but at least makes the effort to be courteous and personable towards everybody. Jack's just a jerkass to anyone not in his clique.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Ah, what can you say? It's like having Hitler and Mussolini strapped in an electric chair...whoever gets the switch thrown on them its a win/win for the fans.

I'll just be happy if Tommy doesn't glide to the end. A few weeks ago it occurred to me he's going to stay off the radar until its too late to get him out of one of the final two chairs. I don't like him. He was back to his fake persona tonight and its grating.

Jack, Christie, and Tommy can all go next and they can fry Jackson later.

I'd rather Jackson go next. Already Nauseating having Jess Cliff Nicole kissing his ass and Kat Protecting him along with his idiot Girlfriend hes such a POS

I am glad that Jessica played it out the way she did.  However, it is kind of annoying when outsiders lay low, and when they gain power act like gloating jackasses.

Yeah, I mean I'm glad the bottom feeders got a break this week but none of them should get too cocky. Both the HoH and the Veto comp this week were crapshoots. Granted, some memory skill was involved in the HoH but by her own admission Jessica was basically flipping a coin by the end there.

I don't really get why Christie keeps saying Jack doesn't "deserve" to go home this week. Based on what? 

I don't actually dislike Christie but she's delusional at worst, and disingenuous at best. She should just be frank about the fact that Jackson has spoken about targeting her. No need to spew this vitriol about not being able to stand him. And the whole thing about Holly and Kat knowing each other? Pot, meet kettle. She does realize people are watching this on TV right?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

The “green cloud” is definitely an edit-added screen aftereffect, but I wouldn’t assume that means there’s not an actual gawdawful smell coming out of those cans Tommy’s toting around.  In fact, I expect their SPFX folks might like the challenge....  😲😳🤢🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Every time Tommy has a DR I feel like he’s auditioning for Oliver. While I’ve see  and love some broadway shows that over the top acting makes me cringe. 

Or "Newsies"!

3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I thought the same thing.  Stupid is as stupid does.

1 hour ago, sara416 said:

I kind of thought he looked phallic. I mean, a red rocket? Come on. 

BB's most annoying little dildo.

Veto contestant selection ceremony:  was Jackson eating before and during it?  It seemed like he was.   Maybe he's pregnant.

I personally don't care which of the douchebros go.  I'm bitter and pretty meh about all of them, so I'm not that invested in any hamster.

• Love 2

My favorite part of this episode was when Jessica picked Kat for 'houseguest's choice' and Kat rattled off something so incoherent, they captioned it.

Something like, 'Imvqr rhighb pucketo mey!'

Alrighty then. Yee-Haw!'

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, mikewho said:

My favorite part of this episode was when Jessica picked Kat for 'houseguest's choice' and Kat rattled off something so incoherent, they captioned it.

Something like, 'Imvqr rhighb pucketo mey!'

Alrighty then. Yee-Haw!'

I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?  😄  That shit was some of the best mushmouthing we’ve seen since Clay in BB17.

https://youtu.be/b26Mio-M3mw

I AM A FURLESS BAT.

• LOL 4

I just thought the Veto comp as a whole went on WAY too long to be interesting. There is nothing especially compelling about watching people spin around. They needed a time-lapse edit to show in which order they were eliminated, and that's about it. My FF button got a real workout. 

I think the Veto episodes in particular are the most tedious because they are so heavily scripted and filled with obligatory DRs from the contestants telling us why they need to win the Veto or why they don't want to win the Veto or what their strategy is for winning the Veto, etc. 

And do we really need to spend every Veto episode on this ridiculous "picking players for the Veto" ceremony like it's edge-of-your seat suspenseful? Do we need the HoH to explain the rules for picking Veto players every GD week? 

There's so much pointless time filler crap.

• Love 3

What I liked about this Veto (other than the result) is once you landed on a high score space, you couldn't land on it again -- it reverted to zero. That did take some of the skill out of it, since you could tell that once Jack hit the 21 score in the first round, he was aiming for it in the second round. This way, it was a true crap shoot.

There were a few spaces I didn't recognize in the BB Galaxy -- wonder if there was a "key" with all the past houseguests. Other than Swaggy, Paul, Hayleigh and Fessy, I thought I saw Meg and Da'Vonne.

51 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I just thought the Veto comp as a whole went on WAY too long to be interesting. There is nothing especially compelling about watching people spin around. They needed a time-lapse edit to show in which order they were eliminated, and that's about it. My FF button got a real workout. 

I think the Veto episodes in particular are the most tedious because they are so heavily scripted and filled with obligatory DRs from the contestants telling us why they need to win the Veto or why they don't want to win the Veto or what their strategy is for winning the Veto, etc. 

And do we really need to spend every Veto episode on this ridiculous "picking players for the Veto" ceremony like it's edge-of-your seat suspenseful? Do we need the HoH to explain the rules for picking Veto players every GD week? 

There's so much pointless time filler crap.

I, for one, am ONLY really interested in the competitions and the stuff that goes along with them. The rest is just filler.

5 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'd rather Jackson go next. Already Nauseating having Jess Cliff Nicole kissing his ass and Kat Protecting him along with his idiot Girlfriend hes such a POS

No one has to kiss his ass.  Christie/Tommy/Anal Lice will be still coming after him and he will need to kiss the outsiders' behinds for protection.  He is now a handy number for them to use.  And if Kat protects him some it is because it is for HER game; not his.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I've always thought the eviction shows are one of the most boring things about this format of Big Brother.  All the time spent sending people to the DR just to give a name, and most of the time the HGs know what the final vote will be anyway.  If the audience doesn't know then the pleas normally give away the result.  And the interview afterwards is always really short. 

And of course with those going to the jury they can't give a full interview anyway as it's expected that people can't know what went on, presumably as they won't look at it neutrally as a game.  But that's the contradiction and maybe biggest problem with this version of BB, it's supposed to be a game of strategy but people don't treat it like that.  

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1