Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Where Is My Husband?

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Husbands and wives have to learn to respect each other's boundaries.

I completely agree.  Part of that, on both sides, is realizing you may even have different boundaries.  And that neither is right or wrong, just different.  Talking it out.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris sees the Solis address as their "marital home' while the Thirsty Dude sees it as the TeeVee Pretend Place of Keith and his stranger wife...

The camera crew, producer, professional stage lighting for the show makes it less a home and more like a  "set" to film the show...

I wondered if perhaps Keith's friends were thinking that since it wasn't really their "home" that it was ok to go into the fridge, and they would have acted differently if they were in their real home.  It still doesn't excuse Iris's behavior though.

I hadn't had a problem with Matt until last night's episode and, regardless of how clingy Amber is, it was a dick move on his part to leave her hanging like that.  I'll be interested to see him explain himself next week.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 7
On 7/25/2019 at 1:23 AM, Ilovepie said:

Whoa. What just happened??? This episode was bipolar. First half everyone was happy, getting along, everything is great; second half lemonade is being stolen, cats are being packed up, spouses are staying out all night, and Greg and Deonna might be hooking up! Things just got real!

I don’t think either Jamie or Elizabeth are mature enough to be in a relationship. He is passive aggressive and she is spoiled, shallow and mean. And now we know she lied about two things during the interview process: wanting kids and her nonexistent job, so I guess add liar to spoiled, shallow and mean. Take that cat and don’t go back Jamie!

Amber crying at 1:00am is giving me flashbacks to Kate crying in the bathroom last season. Good lord, I’ve never heard so much ugly crying in my life, much less over two worthless guys......

I like Iris and Keith, but I think she was being ridiculous. What would she have said if they had asked permission first to have some lemonade? Would she have told them no? What an ungracious hostess! Still, it’s pretty dumb. I still hope they work out. She was sweetly sensitive with his family, and her mother is a delight. 

Greg and Deonna ftw this week. It looks like they might make it work! I really hope they do, but she’s wrong about Sandy - that dog loooooved all those guys! And I love Sandy. Maybe even more than Henry. One last thing: what the hell is “situationship”? Do people actually use that as a real word? She just meant a hook up, right? 

Co-signing 100% of this. 

Jamie and Elizabeth are both incapable of being level-headed and communicating effectively. 

Amber needed therapy BEFORE her husband was out all night. At this point I think a 5150 hold might be necessary. 

My guests can make themselves at home and help themselves to the beverages in my fridge anytime they want.

I fell more in love with Greg after this episode and was happy to see Deonna finally warming up and giving him some encouragement.

Oh...and now that I've been introduced to the term, as a divorced, middle-aged, independent woman I think a situationship would be kind of perfect right now.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Matt hasn’t ever said anything about Ambers looks, has he?

Not that I recall...but I don't think he is very attracted to her. Amber is a pretty woman...not a raving beauty. Matt isn't all that handsome either...

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

For all the immediate sex in their marriage Jamie and Elizabeth  surely went straight for the juggler!  Wow!

Matt seemed relaxed and comfortable with Ambers family.  He's miserable with her!

Iris better settle down!I

Deonne seems to like Gregg more and more!

That couple has already said things that will be hard to take back...Elizabeth has already been caught in a lie. They'll probably make up the the damage is done, the fangs are out...and the very next conflict the same issues will come tumbling out. That's how it works in my household.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

Amber needed therapy BEFORE her husband was out all night. At this point I think a 5150 hold might be necessary. 

Oh...and now that I've been introduced to the term, as a divorced, middle-aged, independent woman I think a situationship would be kind of perfect right now.

I wish you could know how hard I laughed at the bolded.

A situationship is relationship goals for me at this stage in my life. Not only do I not want to share a bathroom, I’m really not interested in seeing the person on a regular basis. Amber could never.

1 minute ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Not that I recall...but I don't think he is very attracted to her. Amber is a pretty woman...not a raving beauty. Matt isn't all that handsome either...

But he’s a professional basketball player. He’d get groupies based off his occupation alone, especially if they don’t know he doesn’t play for the NBA. Amber isn’t ugly but her girlish, immature personality combined with her abandonment issues and that hair - Matt thinks he can do better. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, 2727 said:

Matt likely ghosted Amber overnight on purpose in order to goad her into leaving. I think he's one of the top assholes on all seasons of the show, and that's saying something.

Jamie said Beth knew he was sensitive about his parents' divorce, but neither of them are exactly paragons of truth and at this point I take nothing they say at face value.

If Beth wants more sexual adventurousness from Jamie, it's on her to suggest it/take the lead. It's also another of her lies -- either to the audience about their sex being good, or to Jamie about it being bad in order to hurt him.

There's a lid for every pot, etc., but I think Matt is homely as hell.

Seems to be a big difference in opinion on Matts looks. I don't think he very handsome...but not homely or ugly. She's not a raving beauty but pretty nice features. I think appearance wise they're well matched...

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you, although there is an entry for "white sex" in the Urban dictionary that goes like this:

Or maybe she got that from "the missionary position", which was totally a white thing.

Speaking of Elizabeth, she seems to have been caught in a lie 3 times now.

1. She lied about wanting kids
  2. She lied about her job
  3. She lied about the sex being great

Is there anything out of her mouth that anyone can believe anymore?

I thought it was bizarre that in front of the parents they were both lying about wanting kids, although I suspect Jamie really wants kids but is humoring Elizabeth because he's still thinking with his "little head".

I still think his reaction to her question about his parents' divorce was completely uncalled for, so he did start the fight, but she outdid his transgression by a mile in her response.  Just ugh with these two.  😝

She might have confused Caucasian sex with vanilla sex or a reference to pre-mature ejaculation. I suspect Jamie would be happy to set up a red room if that's what she likes. Won't matter I think the couple is doomed. I don't think Elizabeth is marriage material....

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Elizabeth's dad said straight up that he doesn't expect her to work hard (which is really shitty, frankly - does he not believe in her?) like he does his other employees. It ... kind of is a handout in this case.

So we've found out Elizabeth "working" for dad is really Elizabeth not really "working" but rather, collecting a paycheck from dad.  Hopefully she'll actually do some work. I'm still even more curious about her background now.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And she DID lie about her job - she said loud and proud from day 1 that she's an account exec at her father's company when really she was unemployed and she doesn't even know what she's going to be doing at this job her father created for her.

She, the one who said in her marriage 'vows' that the only lying she'd do is lying in bed with Jamie - geesh, what a - liar.  But Jamie also lied about wanting kids on the application, so, karma's a bitch dude.

58 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

OMG YES!!!!  I had to rewind TWICE to try to figure out wtf they were chattering on about!  It was bizarre.  

Those twins & Iris could work together for detectives trying to make suspects confess. Even the innocent would say anything just to get away from them. 

43 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Re: Amber and her twin's amazing communication, I've read that it's not uncommon with twins. 

I have fraternal twins & when one is out of sorts the other will often interpret what's going on for me.  

Reg. the lemonade, maybe it was a 'special' lemonade, & just hers, not Keith's, but he let them help themselves to her stuff. I don't know, but it was all over the top.

Then again, I mention that because here we have some "special" foods due to allergies. So if someone's coming I will have 'typical crap' just for them, because our 'gluten free, casein free, nut free, low/alternative sugar that yes I'm bitter about having to buy & eat crap' is just too expensive to share (not that many would want it anyway).

I don't think Iris is on a special diet though, or probably would've mentioned it. Will be interesting to see what either might have to say if/when confronted about the scene on the next Unfiltered. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Reg. the lemonade, maybe it was a 'special' lemonade, & just hers, not Keith's, but he let them help themselves to her stuff. I don't know, but it was all over the top.

Then again, I mention that because here we have some "special" foods due to allergies. So if someone's coming I will have 'typical crap' just for them, because our 'gluten free, casein free, nut free, low/alternative sugar that yes I'm bitter about having to buy & eat crap' is just too expensive to share.

I don't think Iris is on a special diet though, or probably would've mentioned it. Will be interesting to see what either might have to say if/when confronted about the scene on the next Unfiltered. 

Iris must not entertain people much at her home. 

When I entertain at my house, I put out plenty of food and drinks but know there's a chance my friends and family might go into my cabinets or fridge looking for something: a condiment, more beverages, or if it's a family member helping to prepare a holiday meal, they might be looking for a cooking ingredient. It doesn't happen much, but I'd never tell anyone that the fridge is off-limits. 

That being said, if I do have a special food or drink I don't want guests to eat or drink, I'll put it in a special place in the fridge so that my guests won't see it and use it. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, topanga said:

That being said, if I do have a special food or drink I don't want guests to eat or drink, I'll put it in a special place in the fridge so that my guests won't see it and use it. 

There's so much of it here no place to hide. An uncle used to go into the fridge for milk for coffee - thankfully I noticed & gave fair warning when he didn't check & pulled out an alternative milk lol. I should probably make signs to put on the fridge & pantry warning people this stuff isn't what they think it might be, although they'll know with one bite or sip...

I think Iris probably entertains but buys "entertainment foods" & doesn't want anyone going after her everyday foods.  Or, she's just concerned about a bunch of guys using up all her stuff. For that I wouldn't blame her, but she could've approached the whole thing better after they left.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was actually pleased to hear that Keith isn't going to have sex with Iris, even if she says it is time. He realizes that he would forever be the horrible man who stole her virginity and then dumped her, so he is going to wait until after decision day. Just like I respected Will last time because he was not interested in Jasmine, so he didn't take advantage of that situation. I respect that.

I still don't get what Big Red is complaining about as far as how often they have sex. It seems like she is the one who initiates sexy time, and he just says sure! We don't know what we don't see, but it sure seemed like they were having it more than 5-6 times in the 2 weeks they had been together.

I feel so sorry for broken Amber, but Matt is not interested in her clinginess. The way she just popped into the bathroom when he was unpacking, like he needed her permission to leave her sight was like one of those horror movies when all of a sudden the killer just pops up in the mirror! I do think that being closer to the other wives will help her the most, as after she listened to them talking about separate bathrooms, she realized that it wasn't such a big deal and that she would "let him" have it. They will be good for her to measure her clinginess.

Deonna, on the other hand, doesn't want anyone else's opinion and will just do her own thing (that has worked so well for her in the past). That said, I was really glad to see her opening up a little and when she smiles and looks happy, she is so beautiful! She and Greg are the only ones I think will actually make it for real (not counting the couples who will stay married at decision day and then get divorced at the 3 month mark. I don't trust that any of them actually stay with each other at that point and can just get more money).

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 8
(edited)
22 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

He [Jamie] said in a TH or voice over that "Beth knows this is a sensitive subject for me". That implies that they had discussed it previously. And ...to me, it seemed like she was deliberately trying to poke the bear, so to speak. He has shown that when he [Jamie] is upset he resorts to sarcasm and rude comments. They are both horrible because ...they resort to low blows almost immediately. Totally toxic.

Jamie said, in one of those voice-over/thought boxes. That doesn't make it true. 

It's not even something Jamie said at the time --unless it was while his beer was "instantly" being drunk down (in the middle of that argument)

Obviously, MAFS editors made sure we never saw what really triggered Beth's raging fury.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, Neurochick said:

Especially when she was telling him about their "boring Caucasian sex."  (everybody was laughing at that on Twitter)  Strange that Elizabeth is complaining about too much sex when she was the one on day two who went buck naked right in front of the camera crew. 

Elizabeth complained that she was on her period, so they couldn't have intercourse on their honeymoon. To me, it sounds like she was upset when they finally 'did the deed,' and it was just "boring Caucasian sex!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree it was a dick move on Matt's part, he should have texted or called.  I wonder how Amber would have felt if he'd done that. 

Matt didn't want to text or call.  He didn't want to "get into it" with her.  He's done with her.  If she'd stop getting hysterical she'd know that but I think the producers are juicing up the script to prolong this agony for obvious reasons.

• Love 2

I rewatched with my daughter last night and noticed that when Iris and her friend were cutting veggies she told the friend she was a little unnerved at people coming into her space. She might be the type of person who doesn't really like having company, especially people she doesn't really know.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Kareem said:

I’ve watched Iris and her drawer liner drama and her lost ring hysterics and her two stupid sinks, and her designated place to sit on the bed, and her off limit lemonade drama and her two drink maximum instructions.  Then I watched him on Unfiltered when he said he didn’t want to have sex with her at this point.   Wondered if he was contemplating the crazy that he’ll have to live with and maybe not complicate the situation with sex yet.  If so, points for him.  

This got me thinking...what if the reason that he appears so chill about everything, is that he has already checked out?  He knows he isn't going to stay with Iris and her old-lady rules-and-judging ways, so there's no need for him to be bothered by anything.  Just don't make waves, come off like a good guy, and ask the women lining up later to take a number!

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Speaking of Elizabeth, she seems to have been caught in a lie 3 times now.

1. She lied about wanting kids
  2. She lied about her job
  3. She lied about the sex being great

Is there anything out of her mouth that anyone can believe anymore?

IIRC, one of the upcoming-on-this-season previews from the beginning of the season showed Jamie appearing to get very upset about a big lie, and Big Red being nonchalant about it and why is Jamie making such a big deal.  So it appears there may be more lies to come!

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I like to get my gallon of sweet tea from chicken places, it's just made super sweet and better.  I remember one time I stopped to get a gallon on my way to my brothers house for dinner (hey, it's half off between 2-5pm) and asked if I could put it in their fridge until I leave.  Did not expect my brother to yell out, "hey, ya mind if we open your sweet tea?"  I did mind, but I'm not going to be that bitch that says no.  So I left with half a gallon.  But I just had to go get another a few days earlier.  Sometimes things like that, you just have to put the pettiness aside and grin and bear it. 

I would do the same but be dying inside because the thought of someone coming between me and my sweet tea is very upsetting. 

But on this refrigerator business--if I'm at somebody's house and I have something with me that needs to be refrigerated, I put it in the refrigerator and I put my car keys in there, too, so I don't forget what I put in the refrigerator.  It has never once occurred to me to ask if it's okay if I also put my keys on top of whatever I put in there.  Then again, I have certain friends whose refrigerators I routinely root around in and never ask first--one of them always has Dr Pepper and ice cream sandwiches, bless him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Elizabeth seems to have been caught in a lie 3 times now.

1) She lied about wanting kids

2) She lied about her job

3) She lied about the sex being great

In front of parents they were both lying about kids.

...his reaction to her question about his parents' divorce was completely uncalled for, so he did start the fight, but she outdid his transgression in her response. 

1) Both Jamie and Elizabeth (independently) lied to their parents, and to MAFS, about wanting children. 

2) I'm thinking Elizabeth was unemployed when she applied for MAFS, but Daddy Dearest had promised she could start at his firm after the honeymoon or whenever she was ready. She obviously invented a job title when she applied for the show (-but let's face it, you can't be working for an inflexible boss if you're going to be filming MAFS, anyway)!

3) As for lying about the sex being great --who wouldn't?! Expecially on TV, surrounded by other couples. It's not like when Beth said the sex was great Jamie responded, "Actually... she tried to keep me satisfied during the honeymoon when she was on her period, but when I hopped on top it wasn't all that great and it was really quick, so she probably didn't get off from that at all."  😜 

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

IIRC, one of the upcoming-on-this-season previews from the beginning of the season showed Jamie appearing to get very upset about a big lie, and Big Red being nonchalant about it and why is Jamie making such a big deal.  So it appears there may be more lies to come!

Could be. Neither one of these people truly value honesty --not when it comes to what they say on MAFS questionaires, or to parents, or for MAFS cameras, or to the strangers who married strangers at the same time they did

TBH, I've fibbed on questionnaires, to my parents, and to strangers, myself. And I certainly wouldn't be 'telling all' to TV cameras!! 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Matt's not interested, Amber is clinging, smothering and going on about babies. A couple of weeks in. He just wants to escape. What I do wish is that these two would have a sit down in which Matt tells Amber all that is turning him off.

I think you are dead on that he wants to escape - every comment seems to point in that direction. But I think he does not know how to gracefully extricate himself from this situation. I think he was flattered from the get go by the attention and was trying to play along, hence saying all the right things and the sex. Now a couple weeks in and he can see how clingy and all-in she is to the point he can't even get alone time in the bathroom. Not to mention she is looking more and more scraggly every time we see her which I am sure is a turn off to someone who admitted being "disappointed" in her appearance at the wedding (which was the best she has look all season!). He doesn't seem the brightest either. I think having sex with her was a terrible mistake. He is at least smart enough to realize he cannot bail without looking like an ass, and the subtle hints are not discouraging her either, so maybe he's just giving up and exploding the situation since nothing else is working.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

She, the one who said in her marriage 'vows' that the only lying she'd do is lying in bed with Jamie - geesh, what a - liar.  But Jamie also lied about wanting kids on the application, so, karma's a bitch dude.

Good point.  I'd forgotten about that, interesting that she mentioned lying in her vows.

• Love 4

I wonder if Amber’s mom yells at the TV like this during episodes of MAFS:

EAAF790D-04D9-4100-8F2C-E5A414515EE2.thumb.jpeg.e7eeb040c25a95d8841e8e39cfce2146.jpeg

Amber is putting a lot of her issues on her mom leaving her, but really she’s just kind of immature and should talk to a therapist about what she gets out of being clingy. That said, most of the women who’ve gotten dissed by their TV husbands have acted pretty much the same way. It’s like they cycle through the stages of grief: angry, clingy, devastated, stoic. Vanessa acted the same way when what’s-his-name stayed out all night. Then she became closed off, so I imagine Amber will do the same and Matt will try to use that as the reason the relationship collapses.

With the conversation about Beth’s job, the thing that made me lol was that Jaime also stated that Beth said she’d be able to work from home most days. So let’s get this straight. She’ll be working for her Dad in some capacity that she does not know and will not have to go into the office regularly. 😂😂😂 I think her Dad just wanted to make sure she couldn’t do too much damage to his company, so she’ll be “working” from a safe distance.

I watched this episode after I had read all the comments here and Iris’ lemonade bottle is prominent throughout the episode. The cameraman zooms in on it while Keith and Iris have breakfast. I noticed that when Iris and Keith were rehashing lemonade-gate at the end, they were sitting with their legs intertwined. Neither one of them seemed all that upset about it. I think Iris and Keith must be extremely boring because the producers take a :30 interaction between them and try to turn it into a storyline. They did the same thing with Keith dropping his ring. Who cares?

Keith actually reminds me of somebody and going along with MAFS record of choosing cast members who don’t really have jobs, I think Keith might be “semi-employed.” Ever since I read that he is an aspiring rapper, the bloom has fallen off the rose. Plus, his lackadaisical attitude and pot belly say one thing to me: weed head. 🙁

In contrast, Greg is pulling off a reverse Taming of the Shrew. Kill her with kindness, that’s the only way Greg. It worried me that Deonna had to tell him that she is now physically attracted to him. Wasn’t she physically attracted to him before???

• Love 7

It’s not really Iris’ refrigerator, it’s their refrigerator and she should have saved her disapproval for after and talked to Keith about handling stuff like that in the future though if I were one of Keith’s friends I wouldn’t be in a hurry to go back there. She went out of her way to act inhospitably when she could send her husband out to get her more lemonade. When I’ve had guests look for something I just ask, if I can help them find something and then kind of guide them to what I can offer but most of the time I’ve never had a problem accommodating an invited guest.  Now when my kids have friends over I have to tell them what’s off limits! YMMV  

I think Amber and Matt are average looking but Matt would probably be seen as more attractive to women than men who would be attracted to Amber. Are her eyes crossed a little? Maybe just small and closely set?

Elizabeth doesn’t play well with others and has never been made to so I imagine she’s been let go by employers as well as friends. I’m sure her sisters think she’s a brat. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, lids said:

In contrast, Greg is pulling off a reverse Taming of the Shrew. Kill her with kindness, that’s the only way Greg. It worried me that Deonna had to tell him that she is now physically attracted to him. Wasn’t she physically attracted to him before???

Sexually attracted was the phrase they kept saying. 

8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Elizabeth doesn’t play well with others and has never been made to so I imagine she’s been let go by employers as well as friends. I’m sure her sisters think she’s a brat. 

We’ll never see those sisters. I bet they were over her long ago. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think the reason Deonna is keeping Greg at a physical distance is because of her past baggage.  She was just the opposite when she was younger and that's why for the past ten years she's stayed away from relationships altogether.  I didn't realize this until this episode.  Originally I thought she was an ice queen from way back, but she's just afraid she's going to jump into a physical relationship too soon and repeat a bad pattern she started when she was young.  I was very happy to see that she has made some progress in letting her walls down with Greg.  Baby steps for sure, but still progress.  Greg is a great guy and thankfully I don't think that's lost on her.  She just doesn't want to jinx it and is erring on the side of caution.  Good for her.  I also think their talks on-camera are being edited heavily because she may not want to talk publicly about some of the "situationships" from her distant past.

I think Deonna is smart.  One of the reasons I think Amber was so hurt by Matt is because she has slept with him.  It's like Amber shared something with Matt and Matt pissed on her, basically communicating to her that he really doesn't care about her.  Maybe Deonna wants to make sure that Greg is the one for her before she takes that leap.

• Love 17

Well in conclusion we can pretty much guess why all eight of them have applied to try this out!

Serious issues.  No boundaries.  Hurtful conversations.

I hope this is all just for show and none of these poor souls even considered they might have a more than a 50% chance of this working out!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Deonna is smart.  One of the reasons I think Amber was so hurt by Matt is because she has slept with him.  It's like Amber shared something with Matt and Matt pissed on her, basically communicating to her that he really doesn't care about her.  Maybe Deonna wants to make sure that Greg is the one for her before she takes that leap.

So Matt and Amber are in a situationship? 

I bolded your last sentence about Deonna. I understand what you're saying about her being cautious, but if Deonna wanted to make sure Greg was the one before she let herself get vulnerable and/or sexual with a guy, why would she agree to marry someone at first sight? On national TV? 

There must be a happy medium somewhere between Amber's behavior and Deonna's. Not "I almost jumped your bones at the wedding," and probably not "My dog is more friendly and affectionate with you than I am."

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I rewatched with my daughter last night and noticed that when Iris and her friend were cutting veggies she told the friend she was a little unnerved at people coming into her space. She might be the type of person who doesn't really like having company, especially people she doesn't really know.

I'm one of those people who doesn't like having company often.  However, I know how to be a gracious hostess and make people feel welcome when they do come over.  So Iris might be shy, introverted or whatever, but there was no excuse for being a rude ol' bitch to Keith's friends.

Iris should just coin this phrase: 

"Don't mess with my lemonade or my vajayjay."  image.png.b1e2cc34e798bcd252f853876f08eeb5.png

Edited by Ohwell
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, topanga said:

I bolded your last sentence about Deonna. I understand what you're saying about her being cautious, but if Deonna wanted to make sure Greg was the one before she let herself get vulnerable and/or sexual with a guy, why would she agree to marry someone at first sight? On national TV? 

I think it's because she wanted to get married, and this was a chance for someone else to do the work for her.  I think that's why a lot of people go on this show, because they want to marry but don't want to do all the work.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

What's the brand of that magical lemonade?

Anyone screen catch it or recognizes the brand if it is regional?

Pray tell us so we can sample it for ourselves...

Iris quaffs it for breakfast then throws herself on top of the jug of it at the party...

Must be orgasmic inducing...okay, that was a little mean....

• LOL 10
15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris quaffs it for breakfast then throws herself on top of the jug of it at the party...

For virgins only.  Did she mention she's a virgin?  Technical virgin at least.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Husbands and wives have to learn to respect each other's boundaries.

This is true. My problem with Iris is that she doesn't seem to be able to compromise and she has a lot of strange rules that would drive me crazy. Good luck with that Keith. For instance: Did she inform the guests which bathroom sink was the "hand washing sink" when they arrived so that her "face washing sink" was not sullied?!?

5 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Sometimes things like that, you just have to put the pettiness aside and grin and bear it. 

Also true. and this is my problem with Lemonade-gate: It was rude if they just pulled out juice from the fridge without asking anyone, but it doesn't excuse Iris from her abominable rudeness to them in return. If she cared at all about making a good impression on her "husband" Keith's brothers (biological or chosen) this is not the way to do it. She was straight up rude to their guests and made everyone uncomfortable with the awkwardness of it, and that is what really bothers me the most. Time and place, Iris, time and place..........

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Guessing Iris' friends have been drilled with the hand sink and face sink rule...

Keith's invited guests were directed to the garden hose outside to wash their mitts....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

It looked like Simply Lemonade brand.  Which is actually a quite tasty brand of lemonade.   It's also between $2-$3...... nor really worth the hissy fit she threw about it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

YES!!!  I said the same thing.  Granted, Elizabeth is an entitled wacko with PLENTY of short comings that warrant some snark. But I absolutely don't believe she had any mal-intent when she asked about his parents' divorce.  She seemed to truly be trying to get to know him on a deeper level. 

Jamie said something about Elizabeth knowing that it was a sore subject, so I thought perhaps she approached the subject off camera and he shut down so she figured if she pushed the issue on camera, he would reply. Of course that had the opposite effect. 

6 hours ago, lh25 said:

I completely agree.  Part of that, on both sides, is realizing you may even have different boundaries.  And that neither is right or wrong, just different.  Talking it out.

I think the problem is that these people do not go through the rituals of courtship, dating, possibly living together and then marrying. People who do it that way know the temperament of their spouse and their personality because time and exposure have provided a level of familiarity that teaches each partner what is off limits, what upsets the other person, and so on.

With these folks, they are bypassing all of that and going straight to being married and living together. Every outburst is a shock because they are strangers, and because they are strangers there's a lack of empathy towards something that is upsetting to the other person. It's like AJ from last season being such a little bitch to Stephanie about the shower caddy.

I think that's what dooms a lot of these marriages. There is no gradual getting to know you. There is little understanding of the other person's comfort level so people just act as they would without the consideration that a "real" spouse in a traditional marriage would have.

That being said, I still think Iris handled the lemonade situation very poorly.  She did not treat Keith's friends as guests. Keith did not say anything about understanding how she felt and he'd not do that again if it upset her. His answer was, "About juice?" and "Can you get past this?" 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Im pretty sure it was a brand I’ve seen at my local Earthfare. It’s not Simply. I recognize the bottle. Next time I go in I’ll take a picture. I’ve tried it before and Simply is better IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The way iris acted it’s like she grew and hand squeezed the lemons. 

When life gives you lemonade, make a big stinking fuss over absolutely nothing !!! lol 🤣🤣🤣

5e1d2e2a74844cae8866edc2c372a587.png

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 4
On 7/24/2019 at 11:38 PM, princelina said:

Yeah I hate to stick up for Elizabeth, but he kind of started it.  I didn't think she was doing anything wrong asking about his parents' divorce.

I think it really depends on what they're doing in your fridge - it's not like they were cooking up the chicken she was saving for tomorrow's dinner!  I think beverages at a party are fair game.

Elizabeth should have asked, “ Do you want to talk about it?”, as she knew it was a sore subject.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, Soup333 said:

As if she could control him at all. Her hair is such a sad mess. 

I swore they were doing some sort of twin talk. 

It didn’t even sound like English at times. 

I have hard that twins have their own language.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, ShowFan said:

Is basic African sex better than basic Caucasian sex? Asking for a friend 

Yes, which is why our men are fetishized by women of other races. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm pretty sure lemonade was a big seller in stores this week!  Iris might get some free for the job she did with her jug!

I've never drank lemonade for breakfast so that was new!

Right. She can do commercials with a big padlock on the fridge behind her.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Right. She can do commercials with a big padlock on the fridge behind her.  

Looks like iris is already prepared for the next party with her advanced state of the art, fool-proof, take no prisoners, show no mercy, early warning tactical pre-emptive strike strategy lmao hahaha lol 🤣🤣🤣

image-450w-316217447.jpg

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 11

For those wondering what kind of lemonade it was, I went back to the "Lemonade-Gate" scene and took a screenshot:

N5xUujO.jpg?1

Did a search from that pic, and I'm pretty sure it’s this brand:

pGpVnS9.jpg?1

According to the pricing on the web, it costs less than $2. Good grief! You would've thought it was a bottle of liquid gold from the way Iris was acting.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Maybe they wanted cold beverages?

If if she had stuff sitting out on the island it may not have been cold enough so they went into the fridge to get a cold beverage. 

I think it’s rude to just open someone’s fridge and help myself. I would only do that with immediate family, but YMMV. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MISTIE said:

FB_IMG_1564178841864.thumb.jpg.5c3fa997dc180f756ccb1d5dc5f1d336.jpg

1 hour ago, MISTIE said:

Jack is meme-worthy!!

Too bad he can't spell.

25 minutes ago, atomic said:

According to the pricing on the web, it costs less than $2. Good grief! You would've thought it was a bottle of liquid gold from the way Iris was acting.

Yes!  She was acting like it was sweet tea or something. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2