Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Where Is My Husband?

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, mochamajesty said:

Maybe they wanted cold beverages?

If if she had stuff sitting out on the island it may not have been cold enough so they went into the fridge to get a cold beverage. 

I think it’s rude to just open someone’s fridge and help myself. I would only do that with immediate family, but YMMV. 

Back when I was in my 20s and my friends and I all lived in apartments and went to each other's places to play cards, watch football, etc. we did keep the beers and drinks in the refrigerator, not sitting out on the table, for that very reason!  I guess that's why I don't think it's a big deal - isn't that the stage of life they are at?  Now that I'm in my 50s I don't go into other people's fridges and they stay out of mine, but for all that she likes the 1980s that I grew up in, I don't think Iris is in her 50s yet 😄 

• Love 3
(edited)

Thoughts after watching this episode: 

Jamie and Beth: This couple is a hot mess. But, I am here for their pets. Jamie is not a sympathetic character at all but you have to root for him when he has a spouse who is constantly lying. He is quick to anger though an his sarcasm is nasty. When they were on the boat and Beth wasn't feeling great he wasn't sympathetic but joked about divorcing her. 

Amber and Matt: Matt has checked out. Amber needs to cut her losses and just go through the motions. I think Amber is looking for a closeness similar to the one she has with her twin. That's what I understood after the interaction on the trampoline. She had a person finishing her sentences and knowing what she wanted to say before she even said it. Looking at the screenshots from Amber pacing up and down her apartment. I think the first and third shot are taken from the same time and the second and forth are taken from the same time. As some wall hangings disappear and reappear and the couch moves back to its original location. Amber might be upset because Matt has left her alone at night a couple of times. So, I'm thinking her tears are because this is something he has done before and it's not the first time. 

Deonna and Greg: I think they are keeping all their quality conversations and interactions off camera. Although, I'm a little creeped out that there are cameras set up in the couples'  common area spaces. People are talking about Deonna not being affectionate enough with Keith but she might just be someone who is not into PDA's or touching people she isn't close to... by the end of the episode Deonna and Keith were holding hands and being a little affectionate so I don't think she is as cold as she appears on camera.

Keith and Iris: LEMONADE GATE: I was raised not to go into someone's fridge when over their house. But, they didn't seem to have ice out and if the friend's did go into the fridge alone WHILE IRIS AND KEITH WERE 2 FEET AWAY ON THE COUCH! That is the sign of a bad host. You check to see if your guests need anything if they're making moves towards the fridge. But, I really think Keith was nearby when they got the lemonade out the fridge and Iris decided to make a big deal about people drinking lemonade and told them there was a 2 drink limit. Which is again the sign of bad hosts as your guests shouldn't feel like they can't drink anything while they are around for several hours. When they showed Iris and her friend setting up for the party they only had 3 bottles out... This party was a disaster waiting to happen especially as Iris doesn't like things not going according to her plan. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
I can't spell. Although I'm sure there are more typos
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, atomic said:

For those wondering what kind of lemonade it was, I went back to the "Lemonade-Gate" scene and took a screenshot:

N5xUujO.jpg?1

Did a search from that pic, and I'm pretty sure it’s this brand:

pGpVnS9.jpg?1

According to the pricing on the web, it costs less than $2. Good grief! You would've thought it was a bottle of liquid gold from the way Iris was acting.

Yes! That’s the brand! $2.99 at my store but they’ll give you a dollar back if you bring the glass back to recycle. Simply is better without all the hassle. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I think Amber is looking for a closeness similar to the one she has with her twin. That's what I understood after the interaction on the trampoline. She had a person finishing her sentences and knowing what she wanted to say before she even said it.

This is a really perceptive take on Amber and it makes a ton of sense to me. I can’t remember if her twin is married, but if she did find her own yin to her yang it must feel imbalanced to Amber not to have the same kind of supportive relationship in a partner or spouse. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Maybe they wanted cold beverages?

If if she had stuff sitting out on the island it may not have been cold enough so they went into the fridge to get a cold beverage. 

I think it’s rude to just open someone’s fridge and help myself. I would only do that with immediate family, but YMMV. 

Another possibility is that MAYBE someone there didnt want to or couldnt drink alcohol?

I wasnt paying attention to what iris and keith had actually put out there for the guests. Im guessing it was probably beer or wine maybe? IDK, just speculating.

But its entirely possible that someone there wasnt able to drink what was "available" out there and therefore had no choice but to then go get an alternate beverage.

Either way tho, iris was acting like a total schlub about the whole thing.

What I'm also trying to wrap my head around the whole lemonade-gate incident is what would have happened if that guy would have asked iris for "permission" BEFORE ANY action was taken?

Would she have said " yeah sure, go ahead and get what ever u want " and the whole blowup would never had happened at all? or would it not have made a difference at all, meaning that she didnt want anyone drinking what she considers "hers and hers alone"?

There are 2 totally and completely separate issues at play here ( iris not wanting to share her lemonade versus iris not being asked for permission beforehand to look in "her" fridge )

I wonder whether even getting her "permission"  beforehand would even have played a factor here or is iris simply mad that someone drank all her lemonade, regardless of whether they asked for "permission" beforehand or not?

Im not really sure TBH but she definitely lost a few fans there with those shenanigans.

And to compound that blunder, she of course had to say later on . . .

OK EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP AND LISTEN UP GOOD, THERE IS A 2 DRINK MAXIMUM UP HERE IN THIS MUTHA SUCKA. YOU BEST RECOGNIZE BECAUSE IM NOT GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF ABOUT THIS AGAIN. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF. IM AUDI !!! 

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

This just in.....  and on a completely related topic . . .

We just got word that solise apartments has granted a 1 year permit for a kids lemonade stand to be allowed on the premises.

We now take you live to that story with the kids in charge of that exciting new enterprise . . . 

500ed750070f4df8a6831ce567d871d8.png

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 15
14 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

YES!!!  I said the same thing.  Granted, Elizabeth is an entitled wacko with PLENTY of short comings that warrant some snark. But I absolutely don't believe she had any mal-intent when she asked about his parents' divorce.  She seemed to truly be trying to get to know him on a deeper level.  For him to attack back with "ok, well if we're talking about what bothers us..." made him look like a psycho with anger management issues.  She wasn't "bothered" by his parents' divorce, she didn't seem to be insulting him in any way.  The fact that he's so triggered after 10 years that he can't even have a candid discussion about it sends up huge red flags to me.  

I agree with you.  I had to suffer through this again today because Mr. Yeah No fell asleep before this fight aired and wanted to catch up, and it struck me all the more how Elizabeth walked into that minefield totally innocently without any malice.  I think Jamie thought that because he had told her that his parents' divorce was a sensitive topic for him that she should have known better than to ask him questions like that, but to be honest I wouldn't necessarily have thought he was SO sensitive that even general questions like that would be SO offensive to him that he should have gone off on her like that.  Geesh, what an asshole.  How long have his parents been divorced?  Hey I know how things can hurt years later, I have past hurts too, but get a grip, dude!  Despite the uber adult appearance he tries to show the world he is yet another big fat baby inside.  Both of them were repulsing me after this episode.  Him and his "moobs" and her and her saggy, shapeless ass.  Ugh.  There is something really nasty about him and the way he carried himself in this episode was creepy.  I can't put my finger on it.  I realize Elizabeth is a handful and he may be tiring of her, but wow, this just showed a whole new side to him that is very unattractive and sends up major red flags.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Not that I recall...but I don't think he is very attracted to her. Amber is a pretty woman...not a raving beauty. Matt isn't all that handsome either...

Mr. Yeah No thinks Amber is too much of a tomboy for Matt.  It's not her raw attractiveness that''s the issue.  It's that she doesn't take any time to groom herself, which is the main reason her hair looks like a stringy mess.  Plus she dresses in athletic clothes and sweats all the time and doesn't even make an attractive outfit out of them.  A lot of guys would consider that a turn off.  They like their women to dress femininely at least half the time and groom their hair.  As Mr. Yeah No often says, "Vive la différence". 

Also, I was a tomboy when I was young, but grew out of it in my teens.  Girls often grow out of that to some degree, at least in terms of their appearance.  Unfortunately like a lot of people these days, Amber seems to be stuck in an earlier stage of life, which is why she acts so immaturely.  I'm not saying that all women should be feminine or dress femininely in order to be mature, but to me the fact that Amber is not putting much attention into her appearance seems to come directly out of her immaturity.  Even women that don't dress femininely still put attention into their appearance and look like they took some care with it.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She might have confused Caucasian sex with vanilla sex or a reference to pre-mature ejaculation. I suspect Jamie would be happy to set up a red room if that's what she likes. Won't matter I think the couple is doomed. I don't think Elizabeth is marriage material....

Yep, and the missionary position is about as "Caucasian" and "vanilla" as anyone could ever get!  But I don't get what is supposedly so boring and dull about "Caucasian" sex.  The internet is full of some pretty interesting sex engaged in by Caucasians, LOL.

12 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

1) Both Jamie and Elizabeth (independently) lied to their parents, and to MAFS, about wanting children. 

Not necessarily.  I think Elizabeth lied but Jamie may not have lied to MAFS, but lied to Elizabeth because at that point he was thinking with his little head and didn't want to admit to her that he may really want kids.  He didn't want to make her think they're not on the same page about something.  At least he didn't until this episode when she unwittingly stepped on a minefield with him.  I'm waiting for the next blow-out fight when he'll admit he really wants kids but just said he didn't to please her.  I think he may want kids with the "right" woman, but let's face it, he knows deep down that that woman is not Elizabeth.

12 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

2) I'm thinking Elizabeth was unemployed when she applied for MAFS, but Daddy Dearest had promised she could start at his firm after the honeymoon or whenever she was ready. She obviously invented a job title when she applied for the show (-but let's face it, you can't be working for an inflexible boss if you're going to be filming MAFS, anyway)!

Pretty much, although like people have said up thread, I think the terms of her agreement with Daddy included collecting a paycheck for nothing during that time.  Listening to her and Jamie's argument again, I got the feeling that Jamie was inasmuch asking her whether she was going to actually start working for the money without completely outing her about collecting money for nothing, and that's when she went into this whole monologue about how her career is very important to her and she has a very strong work ethic, etc., so yes of course she would (soon) be earning her money in Daddy's company in a real job.  Jamie was dancing around the issue so as not to "out" her on collecting the paycheck for nothing, but he made it clear that he didn't respect her for it.  He made it sound like he didn't respect her working for Daddy at all, but I think what he really doesn't respect is her collecting a paycheck from Daddy without really doing any work.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I feel so sorry for broken Amber, but Matt is not interested in her clinginess. The way she just popped into the bathroom when he was unpacking, like he needed her permission to leave her sight was like one of those horror movies when all of a sudden the killer just pops up in the mirror! 

I know!  I think if Amber doesn't want Matt to act like her roommate, she should stop acting like a clingy, desperate little fan-girl.  That'll send any guy into the next bathroom, the next city, or even the next country if he can manage it.  Her reaction to him using that bathroom was the very reason WHY he was using it in the first place - to get some space from her.  I get it that he's not crazy about her, but maybe one big reason why is because she doesn't give him one inch of mental and emotional space.  Lord, if I lived with her and she acted that way I'd be looking for a way out myself!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I want Iris' mom to replace Jamie Otis on Unfiltered. And Dr. Pepper as an expert. Lifetime can also give her a web series where she teaches in-laws how to behave.

Big fan of Iris' mom. 😀

• Love 17
Just now, 2727 said:

I want Iris' mom to replace Jamie Otis on Unfiltered. And Dr. Pepper as an expert. Lifetime can also give her a web series where she teaches in-laws how to behave.

Big fan of Iris' mom. 😀

I know, Mr. Yeah No and I were saying we loved Iris' mom and wondered how Iris could be her daughter.  It doesn't really add up.

We also loved the cute interaction between Iris' mom and Keith in this episode.  Too bad Iris isn't more like her mom....

• Love 12
(edited)

I don't think there's any supporting evidence to believe that Jamie wants children. His high-5 on agreement with Big Red appeared genuine. But it matters not. Elizabeth isn't going to get a better job, and Jamie isn't going to feel less publicly humiliated. Their barbs went to the quick. 

Deonna, don't let a good thing slip away. 

About Amber's "grooming": I don't know from "wedding day makeup"; I did my own, which was my usual daily routine that my groom knew me with. MAFS  circumstances' being totally different, each party should make a modicum of effort to at least resemble their wedding self, when going from altared state to altered state.

However, Matt's being MIA for so many hours, totally uncaring about Amber, reveals an unattractive paucity of character  which no makeup or shampoo can improve.

"Lemonadegate": I'll have to re-watch, because no hosts should be in the sitting area while the guests are in the kitchen. Makes for misunderstandings about roles and rules. But I think in this situation, asking their buddy's WIFE about getting ice, or a colder drink, or the lemonade specifically, was the right and proper thing to do.

These domiciles are NEW to the couples. New digs, new relationship, new etiquette. We're not quite yet at "Nuestra casa, su casa."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't think there's any supporting evidence to believe that Jamie wants children. His high-5 on agreement with Big Red appeared genuine. But it matters not. Elizabeth isn't going to get a better job, and Jamie isn't going to feel less publicly humiliated. Their barbs went to the quick. 

I agree with all of that. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.homesteadcreameryinc.com/our-products/lemonade/

Sadly, this "liquid sunshine" is out of my geographical reach.

Gonna have to make my own...

1 pound of white sugar

Juice of 1 lemon or 1/8 cup of lemon juice from a plastic lemon

4 cups water

Mix thoroughly ...sweeten to taste....serve chilled

Serves Iris only.

Oh wow, this lemonade also comes in a 5 gallon sized container hahaha 

Thats some serious sharing, um I mean non-sharing for someone like iris lol

angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, topanga said:

Matt doesn’t get a pass to treat Amber like shit just because he doesn’t want her. She didn’t ask to get matched with him, just like he didn’t ask for her. Matt needs to sit down with Amber and be honest about his feelings. The show wouldn’t want to air him showing his hand this early in the season, but needy, delusional Amber still has hope that this marriage is going to work. Matt needs to be an adult and stop stringing her along. 

I think Matt was between basketball gigs and needed a paycheck (as meager as the show's apparently is he probably thought, or someone with more "wattage" advised him, he'd "go though the motions" of the show with whomever they picked for him, and split soon afterward. A few short "rolls in the hay" may have sweetened the deal for him.

The show may have trouble recruiting men who are actually "employed."  We see that with the exception of Gregg who actually apparently earns a decent living and is actually interested in getting married, the rest of the men seem marginally employed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

The show may have trouble recruiting men who are actually "employed." 

Maybe, but I don't know.  I think some of the folks on this show want to be married but don't want to do the work themselves.  I think that some of the folks want the IDEA of marriage, to say "my husband, my wife," but they've forgotten that marriage is dealing with another person.

Also all marriages aren't the same, which is why this show fails IMO.  

And Iris, chill out about the lemonade, those guys didn't just raid the refrigerator, Keith served them the lemonade; she should have taken Keith aside and talked to him about it.  

All human being make mistakes, all human beings don't learn from them though.

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I think Matt was between basketball gigs and needed a paycheck (as meager as the show's apparently is he probably thought, or someone with more "wattage" advised him, he'd "go though the motions" of the show with whomever they picked for him, and split soon afterward. A few short "rolls in the hay" may have sweetened the deal for him.

The show may have trouble recruiting men who are actually "employed."  We see that with the exception of Gregg who actually apparently earns a decent living and is actually interested in getting married, the rest of the men seem marginally employed.

If what you say about Matt is true, that is disgusting.

Can u imagine these people going back to work after this? 

• Love 4
On 7/24/2019 at 8:34 PM, spunky said:

I’m with Iris 100%. It was disrespectful of Keith’s friends to walk into their home and take whatever they felt like out of the fridge. If Keith allowed them to do that when he was single, that’s fine. He’s married now and they need to respect boundaries. Like Iris I would never dream of entering any of my friends homes and just taking whatever I want, because I was raised to respect other people’s space. 

I wouldn’t expect guests to open my refrigerator, but then again, I would have plenty of drinks and snacks out so they wouldn’t feel the need. I’ve always felt it was better to have too much food and drink than too little. 

The problem with the two drink maximum is that there will always be those who drink more leaving others with too little or none.  Generosity and abundance is part of hospitality. 

• Love 7

Were any other beverages captured as diligently as the lemonade by the camera crew?

If all beverages were not given the same attention by the crew, it's amazing the crew was on site when the lemonade was poured.  Does anyone think this is a producer driven incident, followed by Iris' poorly delivered announcement of a two drink limit, followed by the closely located guests shaking their heads.

Maybe the whole lemonade/2 drink limit was a setup.

(if a host announced '2 drink limit', would anyone else get two really, really big drinks?)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

The Iris/Keith party..

Iris: Hey Ya'll,  welcome to Casa Manley....

Keith: Listen Up. Iris has a few rules....

Iris: Limit 2 squares of toilet paper for pee. It's double ply so that will be plenty...

6 squares for a poo.

But I would appreciate it if you could hold the poo until you get to your own house.  Thanks all!

Keith: Bruh...where are you all going?

Guest: Got a car load going to the corner McDonalds to use the rest room...

Keith: Got room for me? I haven't relaxed enough to have a healthy dump since I moved into this apartment with her...my bowels have seized up....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't know that I believe anything out of Jamie's mouth is genuine, except maybe for the insults he hurled at Elizabeth.  I don't believe he "loves" her either, despite his efforts to look genuine about that.  He's got the game face down pat so it's hard to tell what if anything is real with him and what is just for show.  It looks to me like he almost has a "what the hell" attitude and is acting like he's going full-in with this relationship even though he may just be playing along with her and not really intending any of what he's doing and saying.  He's figuring that at least he can have some sex and fun with his fantasy wild woman in the meantime until it inevitably crashes and burns, which it looks like he was almost ready to hasten at the end of this episode.  So I still don't know if I believe he doesn't really want kids.  He actually didn't convince me that he was sincere about that.  YMMV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, Gem 10 said:

Petty shit, and it’s only begun.  She’s going to be a handful.

I’m thinking just because she is a Virgin, she thinks she’s someone special and can treat everyone like shit.  She’s hanging that over Keith’s head like a sword.  Get over yourself.  I thought you were nice, but I changed my mind.  Keith is too good for Miss Fancy Pants Virgin, my ass.  She probably did everything else but actual intercourse and is nobody special.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Was there a two drink limit on alcoholic drinks or every kind of drink? I guess I’d have to stop by the 7-11 and get a big gulp before I went over there. It’s pretty bad when you don’t even have enough self awareness to be embarrassed at how rude you are. I can’t imagine her mother treating guests like that. Maybe all of this is coming from her dad? But, yeah, she got a rather high opinion of herself. Good o Keith for not rushing to pop her cherry. I think he’s got her number. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Matt and Amber: He's a jerk. Seriously no need for him to not call and let her know his whereabouts. Even if it slipped his mind he should have the decency to answer her calls. At one point she knew he was out with a friend but obviously was gone too long without contact of some sort. I am not clingy (imo that is) but I need to know where my people are. If you're going to the mall and I don't hear from you and its 11pm I worry. Its not about being nosy or being in your business but more so a safety concern. He was just blatantly disrespectful. 

Greg and Deonna; I like him. I get her. I do. She seems to have led with her body in her younger yrs and regrets it. Probably had a lot of insecurities and it has affected her in knowing what a  healthy relationship is and has scared her off. I wonder what made her do the show. I like him and his friends. They all seem to gel well. She is a little much with her rules at times but its getting better.  I have hope because I think Greg is a great catch and I think Deonna is seeing that. 

Keith and Iris: Just because you're a virgin doesn't mean you have the emotional intelligence of a 12 yr old. Its really annoying with Iris and Keith is damn near saint like with her ways. She was so rude. Who the hell puts a drink limit on the  non-alcoholic  drinks? I can see if it was Tequila or Hennesy. Ridiculous. I get the rummaging part but there was a more diplomatic way to handle this and she per usual choose the the later. I just don't know how Keith handles it I really don't. She seems like a nice woman but her maturity level needs raising. 

Jamie and Elizabeth - Brat. That's what she is a brat. However, I thought the things he was saying to her was so disrepectful and not needed if he had an issue with her bringing up his parents he should've found a more tactful way to do so. It was so dirty. The fighting between them is way too dirty so early.  Elizabeth is a brat and I can be one too being a Daddy's girl. But she jumped in way to soon with Jamie without getting to know him and he with her. Given their personalities the lust route first was a bad move imo.  But damn did I I winces when she insulted their sex life, like damn that had to sting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think the party goers started making mixed drinks, and rather than use what was put out some people went into the refrigerator to make their own concoctions. I’ve been to those type of parties. Sometimes you don’t even drink what you made because it turned out gross. 😆 I think that’s why Iris said they could just make two mixed drinks each.

Anybody have a theory on why Deonna never appears on Unfiltered? Some speculate that she is pregnant. But how pregnant could she be that they couldn’t hide it? I guess it’s also possible that things go south with Greg, but that seems unlikely. And I think she would still be contractually obligated to appear anyway.

Also on Unfiltered, Keith said that by this time in their marriage, he and Iris were hooking up. What does that mean???

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Magoo said:

I can’t remember if her twin is married, but if she did find her own yin to her yang it must feel imbalanced to Amber not to have the same kind of supportive relationship in a partner or spouse. 

I think she is - I think she mentioned her husband/marriage when they were talking on the trampoline.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dale(Megan) confesses to Chip (Amber)  that her partner named Cam doesn’t pick up his clothes....

Poor Cam had a bus driven by chipmunks run over him on a basic cable show....but really Cam, pick your clothes off the floor...it’s the right thing to do....

I vote....Manual.

Special special days...the exit chute.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
On 7/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Neurochick said:

He probably said he wanted kids, just not right now.  There's saying you eventually want them versus not wanting them AT ALL.

A lot of people hear things based on their own insecurities and not on what the person actually said.  Matt said he didn't want kids NOW.  Amber heard "I don't want kids EVER."  

No, Amber heard him say no kids for 5 to 8 years. She won't be too old, she just doesn't want to wait so long.

• Love 3
On 7/26/2019 at 5:21 PM, After7Only said:

It looked like Simply Lemonade brand.  Which is actually a quite tasty brand of lemonade.   It's also between $2-$3...... nor really worth the hissy fit she threw about it.  

I don’t think so. Iris’s lemonade was in a glass bottle. Simply Lemonade comes in a plastic bottle, like some organic fancy lemonade I once bought at Whole Foods.

• Love 1

special special day... would be Keith's music stylings  getting a Grammy nod  converging with his birthday and he scratches off a five million dollar Lotto...then maybe Iris would be willing to expand her repertoire

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

He probably said he wanted kids, just not right now.  There's saying you eventually want them versus not wanting them AT ALL.

I think matt's remarks about having children were simply "throw-away lines."  He was only intent on creating distance between him and Amber.  

The producers are stuck with him just the way they were with derek ( Heather) several seasons ago.

Hopefully the show has finished filming and Matt's commitment to it and Amber are history.  He is probably "footloose and fancy free" in Europe right now playing 3rd string basketball with nary a thought given to amber or the show.  

Amber has, presumably, moved on also.  HOPEFULLY, she has found another career as after her performance on the show her reputation was sullied to the point of no return in the teaching profession. 

• Love 7
On 7/26/2019 at 9:36 PM, mochamajesty said:

20190727_214128.thumb.jpg.dfb8b0bbf7b320f30ca384f697cb860d.jpg

Or it was empty.

As far as I can tell they had wine + several bottles of liquor including Bombay Sapphire (gin) and Ciroc (vodka).. and only one lonely half gallon of Minute Maid lemonade as a mixer.

It's a sad spread.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, atomic said:

pGpVnS9.jpg?1

20190727_215014.thumb.jpg.f2eca128042e1d16ab98bb929c00de76.jpg

Bingo, @atomic

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Drogo said:

20190727_214128.thumb.jpg.dfb8b0bbf7b320f30ca384f697cb860d.jpg

Or it was empty.

As far as I can tell they had wine + several bottles of liquor including Bombay Sapphire (gin) and Ciroc (vodka).. and only one lonely half gallon of Minute Maid lemonade as a mixer.

It's a sad spread.

20190727_215014.thumb.jpg.f2eca128042e1d16ab98bb929c00de76.jpg

Bingo, @atomic

Keith is in the kitchen in the first shot... I wonder if he took the lemonade out after the Minute Maid was done... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Keith is in the kitchen in the first shot... I wonder if he took the lemonade out after the Minute Maid was done... 

He might have.  Keith seemed to be unaware that bottle of lemonade was the glue holding their marriage together. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
(edited)

topanga, if one would go by popular references to "booty," "twerking," and song lyrics such as "I like big butts and I cannot lie," one might be forgiven for getting an incorrect impression.

I think E was simply saying that Jamie was paint-by-numbers in bed. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

This conversation has taken...a turn. 😂😂

I think Elizabeth was just saying whatever at that point. She was upset about the way he was digging on her and daddy’s relationship so she went as low as possible. She might as well have said her father’s hopes were for naught and Jamie has a tiny penis. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

RojaBride accuses Jamie of painting too fast...and finishing too soon for her liking...wink, wink...nudge, nudge

2 weeks into their marriage with shots fired across the bow...we can expect their fighting to get dirtier, the audience will want to watch these 2 duking it out between our fingers...

Picking at emotional scabs and fighting over the same hot button issues will be the crux of their camera hogging segments...neither of them are likable...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

topanga, if one would go by popular references to "booty," "twerking," and song lyrics such as "I like big butts and I cannot lie," one might be forgiven for getting an incorrect impression.

I think E was simply saying that Jamie was paint-by-numbers in bed. 

I recall being quite amused by a top-headline survey of favorite sex positions, proclaiming that caucasians still preferred "missionary position" for intercourse, but among African' Americans sex with the man behind was more popular. [I don't recall the source, only that it was top headline.]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2

Finally watched this train wreck of a show.

I'm on Team Get-Whatever-The-Heck-You-Want out of my fridge.  

I'm also on Team Don't make such a big deal out of something so small.  It's not like they stole medication or a vase.  

My worst roommate story ever was with an only child who never learned to share, and I do remember all of the "This is Mine" stuff. 
I see much of the same traits in Iris with #Don'tBeTakingMyLemonade2019.

Hurts me, because I love Iris so much.  I think she's beautiful, and I adore the way she was with Keith re:  his grandmother and his family situation.  She was the epitome of an amazing wife and partner, so understanding, peaceful, and loving.  Then she goes and blows it by putting a virtual lock on her.....fridge.  For $2.00.  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Sterling said:

She was the epitome of an amazing wife and partner, so understanding, peaceful, and loving.  Then she goes and blows it by putting a virtual lock on her.....fridge.  For $2.00.  

There were other signs of Iris over reacting and become histrionic...the temp loss of Keith's wedding ring comes to mind. 

She appears to be very controlling and that's when "power struggles" between the partners start eroding whatever sweetness and caring there would otherwise have been to make the relationship flourish.

• Love 8
(edited)

See, Iris could have used that opportunity to endear herself so much to Keith.  She could have talked to him about it after the party, saying that she normally doesn't like it when people go into her refrigerator.  Then, let Keith explain that it's the way he & his friends have always been.  They could have talked it out and compromised, and come to a greater understanding of each other.

Instead, she pitched a fit over something, as Keith said, is easily replaceable.

I feel like shipping her a palette of that lemonade.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Iris had better check herself because if she keeps on having hissy fits over silly stuff, she'll be sitting in a rocking chair on a porch all by herself drinking lemonade and wondering why her vajayjay hasn't been touched.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5