Type keyword(s) to search

Avery & Omar: ISIS, Shmisis

• Start Topic

Avery, 19 (Ohio) and Omar, 24 (Syria)

90-Day-Fiance-Before-the-90-Days-Omar-Al

At 18 years old, Avery decided to leave the Christian faith that she was born into and become a follower of Islam, much to the displeasure of her family and friends. Shortly after joining a Muslim dating site, she met Omar. Even though Omar lives in war-torn Syria, they fell in love online and got engaged. Now traveling to meet him for the first time in nearby Lebanon, Avery must decide if a lifetime with Omar is worth potentially living in an unstable, battle-scarred country.

• Love 1

Shes nuts. 

First, converting to a different religion for a guy (I have met MANY women who have converted religions, 99% were for a boyfriend). It may have been for Omar, it na3y have been for a previous boyfriend. 

Second.... Syria ?????!!!!!!!!! And she would want to move there for a guy and possibly get killed ?

The heavy clubwear makeup she wears with her hijab is priceless. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I admit it I watched a bit of the first episode on youtube.

her mom's reply when Avery asked her to learn a few words in Arabic were priceless and something I would assume big Ange would say: "I don't need to learn another language, I live in America." LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, Lily247 said:

Shes nuts. 

First, converting to a different religion for a guy (I have met MANY women who have converted religions, 99% were for a boyfriend). It may have been for Omar, it na3y have been for a previous boyfriend. 

Second.... Syria ?????!!!!!!!!! And she would want to move there for a guy and possibly get killed ?

The heavy clubwear makeup she wears with her hijab is priceless. 

In all fairness, it sounded as though she converted before meeting him.  Off topic (a little) two years ago I worked at school that was 90% Muslim.  A few female staff members had converted as the no drugs, no drinking life appealed to them.  They also had friends who converted.  Sounds like Avery was a bit of a partier and wanted this.  I will say, honestly, I doubt it will stick as her own brother said she grabs onto stuff for a bit then changed her mind.

I want to set Avery up with Azan!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

What did Avery ever do to you?

HAHAHAHA!!!  I was thinking:  She is Muslim, close in age and perhaps he could be attracted to her more than 55%!

I am rewatching this episode and according to her, conversion came first then came the Muslim dating app.   Syria?  WTF?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Avery is officially the dumbest person on this franchise ever. 

It's high time we traded one of these dummies to another country.  Dear Avery, please lose this country's number when shit hits the fan after you willfully move into a war torn country because you can't bear to be away from a guy you've never met before.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I thought that was Nicole.

It is a toss up, but I have to go with Avery.  Surprising but what gives Avery the edge is she actually believed he clicked on "United States" as his residence in error.  Avery actually thinks she is going to move to SYRIA to be with him - I mean WHO DOES THAT???

I dunno, Miss Tiff is in the running for dumbest chick as well.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is a toss up, but I have to go with Avery.  Surprising but what gives Avery the edge is she actually believed he clicked on "United States" as his residence in error.  Avery actually thinks she is going to move to SYRIA to be with him - I mean WHO DOES THAT???

Dumb or delusional? That's the question with all of them.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well, to be fair, don't we all sometimes forget what country we are currently in?  The other day I was watching the sound of music and I was like pretty sure I was in WWII Europe.

• LOL 20
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Well, to be fair, don't we all sometimes forget what country we are currently in?  The other day I was watching the sound of music and I was like pretty sure I was in WWII Europe.

It is not like United States and Syria are next to each other alphabetically.  He knew darn well what he was doing.

Really, though:  Tiffany, Rebecca, Avery, Laura and Nicole are in a race to the finish on which bulb is the dimmest or who is the most clueless as to the country their man is from.

Avery certainly did a 180 on her cheer days, having a mom who was all "I am a 'MERICAN!  I am gonna speak 'MERICAN!  does not exactly give the vibe of NOT doing this to piss off your parents.  Is that little kid in the background Avery's kid or did her mom have a late in life baby?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is not like United States and Syria are next to each other alphabetically.  He knew darn well what he was doing.

Really, though:  Tiffany, Rebecca, Avery, Laura and Nicole are in a race to the finish on which bulb is the dimmest or who is the most clueless as to the country their man is from.

Avery certainly did a 180 on her cheer days, having a mom who was all "I am a 'MERICAN!  I am gonna speak 'MERICAN!  does not exactly give the vibe of NOT doing this to piss off your parents.  Is that little kid in the background Avery's kid or did her mom have a late in life baby?

I think it's a late in life baby. Avery mentioned how many siblings she had (5, I think) and they were all present and accounted for in the dinner scene.

• Love 3

I thought it was interesting when friend Rachel’s father (did they say he is a minister?) said “Avery has never had strong religious convictions” yet she has a cross permanently tattooed on her hand! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I thought it was interesting when friend Rachel’s father (did they say he is a minister?) said “Avery has never had strong religious convictions” yet she has a cross permanently tattooed on her hand! 

Her little brother had her number.  She gets overinvested in something quickly and I'm sure superficially makes all the right moves.  She wears the right clothes and she gets the cross tattoo, but she is never really committed.  Like when she was a "vegetarian" I'm sure she sat at the dinner table and lectured everyone....and then snuck fried chicken up to her room.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah, for whatever reason, I get the feeling this is a big "fuck you" to her parents and their traditions.  I don't believe for a hot minute this little twit is sincerely dedicated to life as a Muslim.  

Maybe she needed extra attention when mom birthed that last kid and had her spiritual "epiphany."  

I was rather amused at the way she kept talking about her past with all the boys and partying and hoping Omar could overlook those things.  I get the impression she's a spoiled little asshole with a stubborn streak a mile wide.  

I know one thing...she shall be my Bitch Eating Crackers this season.  I already loathe her and her smart-assed attitude.  Syria can have her.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

She must have had sown some real wild oats or had something traumatic happen to her that caused her to go to the opposite end of the spectrum. It’s almost like she’s afraid to trust herself, that she needs something or someone to keep her from acting on her own impulses. Going from dressing in a much more revealing way to covering herself up head to toe.... I wonder if she was sexually assaulted or someone attempted to assault her?

She’s running away from something, and not even towards something she’s sure of.   It’s like she’s desperate. Or else, like you say, she’s dumb as a stump. 

• Love 6

If he truly loved her, why would he want her to come to Syria to live there with him?  He has to know it's not the best place for an American girl who was formally a Christian.  So I think something is up with him.  Anyways Avery did an interview this week with Johnny Yates and

Spoiler

She may still be in the US.  Her brothers were with her during the interview and I highly doubt they were all in Syria or Lebanon.  She slipped up a few times and said things like "when we get married" etc, so hopefully she isn't married yet (or in Syria).  Also a 90 days fanfreak reported her to the FBI for willingly trying to get to Syria (I guess they said she was being recruited by someone in Syria); which might not be such a bad idea if it keeps her from getting killed.  Her mom should have done that went this crap first started.

Also the sister of the "friend of" was on reddit and said she can't really say anything but Avery and Omar are both safe right now and that Omar is really a sweet person.  Okay.......She probably video chatted with him or something, but that doesn't mean his intentions are pure, etc...

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8

Thanks for the recap, @doyouevengohere!  I missed the live, and the comments to his instagram post switched to overwhelmingly "I love her! She seems so smart and sweet and I hope they work out!" once people saw she was commenting in that thread too.  After that, I DEFINITELY wanted to know what was said in the live lol

Man these casts just get worse and worse though.  The fakery, fuckery, and the tired "I'm so in love and feel such a connection but my family/friends are skeptical" storyline...  blehhhh

• Love 5

I agree with the poster who said in a few years she will not be a Muslim.  You will run into her at the dog park while she eats a McRib and say, "Hey girl, what is up?"  Her response:  "Mus...what?  No I am Methodist now and I have been selling Amway for a MONTH now!!!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I’m officially the worst person in the world. Watching her plan to move to Syria like it wasn’t anything more than a potentially exciting Disneyworld vacation (thanks to whoever poster came up with that gem), I turned to Mr. DC and said “maybe ISIS will make a comeback”.

See officially maybe worst person in the world. But IMO, she’s beyond ridiculous. He’s from Aleppo for Sweet Baby Allah’s sake. I get she’s only 19, but IMO her willful ignorance is disgusting and insulting when so many are suffering terribly there. I can’t see her working to help that situation.

She decided to be a Muslim six months ago. Does she attend a local Mosque and get spiritual guidance from anywhere besides the Internet? Has she read or attended any study classes on the Koran? Or just covered her hair and bought a rug that she “prays” on when somebody is watching.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m officially the worst person in the world. Watching her plan to move to Syria like it wasn’t anything more than a potentially exciting Disneyworld vacation (thanks to whoever poster came up with that gem), I turned to Mr. DC and said “maybe ISIS will make a comeback”.

See officially maybe worst person in the world. But IMO, she’s beyond ridiculous. He’s from Aleppo for Sweet Baby Allah’s sake. I get she’s only 19, but IMO her willful ignorance is disgusting and insulting when so many are suffering terribly there. I can’t see her working to help that situation.

She decided to be a Muslim six months ago. Does she attend a local Mosque and get spiritual guidance from anywhere besides the Internet? Has she read or attended any study classes on the Koran? Or just covered her hair and bought a rug that she “prays” on when somebody is watching.

I'm still unconvinced that she didn't peruse Muslim dating sites until after she "converted."

I can picture her snotty ass bored, checking out dating sites (including international ones such as Muslim), looking for a hot guy, finding Omar, and then "converting."  I have my suspicions (completely absent of any facts) that she probably checked out the Muslim dating sites before her epiphany.  

I think she's really enjoying her ridiculous story line on the TV, it's getting her a lot of attention, and her spoiled ass has no intention of ever setting foot on Syrian soil.

What can I say?  I'm old, skeptical, and get the distinct scent of bullshit from everything about her and Omar.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm still unconvinced that she didn't peruse Muslim dating sites until after she "converted."

I can picture her snotty ass bored, checking out dating sites (including international ones such as Muslim), looking for a hot guy, finding Omar, and then "converting."  I have my suspicions (completely absent of any facts) that she probably checked out the Muslim dating sites before her epiphany.  

I think she's really enjoying her ridiculous story line on the TV, it's getting her a lot of attention, and her spoiled ass has no intention of ever setting foot on Syrian soil.

What can I say?  I'm old, skeptical, and get the distinct scent of bullshit from everything about her and Omar.  

I agree this stupid bitch is only looking for attention. I’m also old and perpetually skeptical.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I kinda hate her too.  "La la la la.....I am moving to Syria....la la la!  I have never met him, I could get killed, la la la!!!"  If I were her mom I would say, straight up:  "So tell me about what kind of a funeral you want so I can honor your wishes."  I hate Veronica, TImothy's ex fiance more and I will address that in the proper thread.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I kinda hate her too.  "La la la la.....I am moving to Syria....la la la!  I have never met him, I could get killed, la la la!!!"  If I were her mom I would say, straight up:  "So tell me about what kind of a funeral you want so I can honor your wishes."  I hate Veronica, TImothy's ex fiance more and I will address that in the proper thread.

My head would sweat like a pig if I wore that wool beanie inside. And she seems to have long hair. Her head/hair  must stink at night. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, magemaud said:

” yet she has a cross permanently tattooed on her hand! 

that should be an asset in syria....talk about a target....keep your hand in your pocket at all times -dear avery...

vibe I get from her is the girls looking for that improve lifestyle with the ISIS fighters...sorry 

• Love 4

And she says Omar is a dentist?  At 24?  I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.  Most of which her mother has asked and has gotten hard core non-answers (Nicole-like answers, even).  

At least the other show is over and i don't have to watch Nicole/Chantel/Pao anymore.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And she says Omar is a dentist?  At 24?  I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.  Most of which her mother has asked and has gotten hard core non-answers (Nicole-like answers, even).  

At least the other show is over and i don't have to watch Nicole/Chantel/Pao anymore.  

I thought the same thing:  a dentist at 24?  He seems nice enough.....will the dark side emerge?

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought the same thing:  a dentist at 24?  He seems nice enough.....will the dark side emerge?

In many countries, a dentist only has a bachelor level degree plus a year of residency type work. I know that is the case in India. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 8/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

HAHAHAHA!!!  I was thinking:  She is Muslim, close in age and perhaps he could be attracted to her more than 55%!

I am rewatching this episode and according to her, conversion came first then came the Muslim dating app.   Syria?  WTF?

The only way Azan could ever be attracted to a woman would be if she has a penis. 

I call 100% bullshit on conversion prior to seeing her dream date online!

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 8/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, magemaud said:

That will be a huge hit with Omar’s family. I’m sure Avery is just the type they want for their son. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And she says Omar is a dentist?

I believe he's in or recently graduated from dental school. Avery said he was studying to be an oral surgeon, he said he's studying to be a periodontist. I'll go by what he claims. 

Actually, so far I've found him to be perfectly normal and likable. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

I believe he's in or recently graduated from dental school. Avery said he was studying to be an oral surgeon, he said he's studying to be a periodontist. I'll go by what he claims. 

Ahh okay.  So I'm just not paying close enough attention to waht she says lol.  (No, it's true. I'm not.)

I'm curious what this outcome will be - and if it ends up being just as scripted as many of the other couples.

• LOL 1
On 8/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, magemaud said:

Seems is the operative word. He has expressed his unhappiness with Avery’s past “experiences” and she has concerns that he might throw it in her face. 

My guess is the first time she is more aggressive sexually or expresses something that he takes as a put down of his “technique” he’s going to start giving her the freeze out. 

She certainly didn’t look modest and innocent in those pics she sent him,  covered up or not. 

• Love 3

Omar probably has a Bachelor of Dental Science degree. That degree is the standard in the Middle East and elsewhere, and is accepted as equivalent to a US DMD or DDS degree by the American Dental Association. And if he's graduated, then yes, he's a dentist.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jennifersdc said:

If she attended a mosque and got to actually know some local Muslims, they'd tell her to stay away from Syria. This girl is so dumb but with five siblings and however many other people living under the same roof, I can totally see why she wants to take off. 

• Love 10

Listening to the news today.. Avery is a fool to go to Syria. Omar has that overly nostalgic view of Syria as his homeland, i can see him refusing to believe things are as bad as they are and dexposing her to dangerous situations 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that Omar is not very excited to be on this show? Avery is eating up every damn second of drama, but he seems hesitant to be filmed, both in the scenes and in his talking heads. I like Omar; he seems way too level-headed to be part of 90 Days. He's good-looking, smart, and just doesn't fit the narrative for the crazy asses on this show. I don't see this relationship lasting; I think he will tell Crazery to hit the road.

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 18

Omar reminds me of Amy from season two of this show. Smart, attractive, classy, well-groomed, and educated. The antithesis of this show. I’d love to watch Pillow Talk with Amy, Omar, and Andrrrei’s dad as they sip tea somewhere. Alexei can drop by for cameo appearances.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 12
On 8/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lol. Once she lands in Lebanon, I wonder how she  get to Syria. Run over the border ISIS style ?

On 8/26/2019 at 5:56 AM, Hannah94 said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that Omar is not very excited to be on this show? Avery is eating up every damn second of drama, but he seems hesitant to be filmed, both in the scenes and in his talking heads. I like Omar; he seems way too level-headed to be part of 90 Days. He's good-looking, smart, and just doesn't fit the narrative for the crazy asses on this show. I don't see this relationship lasting; I think he will tell Crazery to hit the road.

He comes across as very bemused to me. Like he understands English perfectly well, but he's not quite sure what all this other fuss with the cameras is about. At one point I thought that Avery even sprung it on him at the last minute. Or like Avery isn't actually taking any of this seriously, she just clicked on the first good-looking dude on the dating app and used him as a way to create drama and to get on TV and has no intentions of marrying him, but Omar wasn't brought up to speed by anyone. 

• Love 9